Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Arabic:
Zahr El Bisellah
Common Names in Azerbaijani:
Common Names in Belarusian:
Chyna Pakhuchaya, Pakhuchy Garoshak
Common Names in Danish:
Aerteblomst, Vellugtende Aerteblomst
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Duftwicke, Sweet Pea, Frijol De Olor, Gartenwicke, Guisante de Olor, Pois De Senteur, Pois Fleur, Sweet-Pea, Sweetpea
Common Names in Estonian:
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Gesse Odorante, Pois de Senteur, Pois Musqué
Common Names in German:
Bunte Wicke, Duftende Platterbse, Duftwicke, Edelwicke, Gartenwicke, Wohlriechende Platterbse, Wohlriechende Wicke
Common Names in Italian:
Cicerchia Odorosa, Pisello Fiore, Pisello Odoroso
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Latvian:
Puku Zirnisi, Smarzigas Destina
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Moldavian:
Common Names in Polish:
Ervilha De Cheiro, Groszek Pachnacy
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Russian:
China Dushistaya, Dushistyi Goroshek, Orastica Mirositoare, Singele Voiniculi
Common Names in Spanish:
Chorreque, Frijol De Olor, Guisante De Olor
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Swiss:
Common Names in Turkish:
It1r Shahi, Kokulu Bizelya çiç
or straggling, stem frequently winged
. Leaf mostly paripinnately compound
, rachis ending in a tendril
, rarely in a bristle
, leaflets 2-many or rarely absent, entire; stipules usually large, semisagittate or entire. Inflorescence an axillary
or solitary. Calyx regular to irregular. Vexillum mostly broad with a short claw
or coherent to the keel. Stamens diadelphous
9+1 or monadelphous
, vexillary stamen free or connate
with the tube
. Ovary subsessile
, style dorsally
to spathulate, pubescent
on the upper side, rarely glabrous
, stigma terminal
or capitate. Fruit compressed, 2-many seeded.
A genus with about 130 species, widely distributed in the northern hemisphere, S. America and Africa.
Habit: Herb • Climbing: Climbing
Flowers: Bloom Period: April, May, June. • Flower Color: blue-violet, dark blue, light blue, medium blue, near white, red, white
Size: 4-6' tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,212 meters (0 to 13,819 feet).
(is a vine
so needs support
List of Habitats:
- 1 Forest
- 1.4 Forest - Temperate
- 3 Shrubland
- 3.4 Shrubland - Temperate
Culture: Space 6-9" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 7.6 • Maximum pH: 7.8
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: Not Applicable (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Members of the genus Lathyrus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 177 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
L. angulatus (Angled Pea) · L. annuus (Annual Sweet Pea) · L. annuus red (Annual Yellow Vetchling) · L. aphaca (Ranken Platterbse) · L. aureus (Golden Pea) · L. belinensis (Sweet Pea) · L. biflorus (Two Flowered Lathyrus) · L. bijugatus (Drypark Pea) · L. blepharicarpus (Syrian Vetchling) · L. brachycalyx (Bonneville Pea) · L. brachycalyx brachycalyx (Bonneville Vetchling) · L. chloranthus (Sweet Pea) · L. cicera (Red Pea) · L. cirrhosus (Cirrhose Vetch) · L. clymenum (Jointed Pea (As L Articulatus)) · L. clymenum articulatus (Cicercha Purpurina) · L. delnorticus (Del Norte Pea) · L. eucosmus (Bush Peavine) · L. glandulosus (Redwood Pea) · L. graminifolius (Grass-Leaf Peavine) · L. grandiflorus (Everlasting-Pea) · L. grimesii (Grimes Pea) · L. heterophyllus (Norfolk Everlasting-Pea) · L. hirsutus (Caley Pea) · L. hitchcockianus (Bullfrog Hills Sweetpea) · L. holochlorus (Thin-Leaf Vetchling) · L. inconspicuus (Inconspicuous Pea) · L. japonicus japonicus (Beach Pea) · L. japonicus japonicus var. japonicus (Beach Pea) · L. japonicus maritimus var. maritimus (Beach Pea) · L. japonicus var. parviflorus (Smallflower Beach Pea) · L. japonicus var. pubescens (Downy Beach Pea) · L. jepsonii californicus (Delta Peavine) · L. jepsonii jepsonii (Delta Tule-Pea) · L. lanszwertii aridus (Nevada Pea) · L. lanszwertii aridus var. aridus (Nevada Pea) · L. lanszwertii lanszwertii var. lanszwertii (Lanszwert's Pea) · L. lanszwertii var. leucanthus (Arizona Peavine) · L. latifolius (Broad-Leaf Peavine) · L. latifolius 'Pink Pearl' (Pink Pearl Everlasting Pea) · L. latifolius 'White Pearl' (Everlasting Pea) · L. laxiflorus (Sochevichnik Redkotzvetkovyi) · L. ledebourii (Sochevichnik Promezhutochnyi) · L. leucanthus (Aspen Pea) · L. linifolius (Berg Platterbse) · L. littoralis (Gray Beach Peavine) · L. maritima (Beach Pea) · L. nervosus (Lord Ansons Blue Pea) · L. nevadensis (Sierra Nevada Peavine) · L. nevadensis nevadensis (Sierra Pea) · L. nevadensis var. nuttallii (Sierra Pea) · L. nevadensis var. pilosellus (Sierra Pea) · L. nevadensis var. puniceus (Sierra Pea) · L. niger (Black Pea) · L. niger niger (Black Pea) · L. nissolia (Gras Platterbse) · L. ochroleucus (Common Vetchling) · L. ochrus (Winged Vetchling) · L. odoratus (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'America' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Antique Fantasy Mix' (Antique Fantasy Mix Sweet Pea Lathyrus Odoratus) · L. odoratus 'April in Paris' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Barry Dare' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Beaujolais' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Black Knight' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Blanche Ferry' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Blue Danube' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Blue Reflections' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Blue Ripple' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Blue Velvet' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Bouquet Mix' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Butterfly' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Captain of the Blues' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Charlie's Angel' (Charlie's Angel Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Chatsworth' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Cupani' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Cupid' (Windowbox Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Diamond Wedding' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Dolly Varden' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Dragonfly' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Dreamy Sunset' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Early Mammoth Mixed' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Early Multiflora Mix' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Elizabeth Taylor' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Fantasia Mix' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Flagship' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Flora Norton' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Fragrant Skies' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Galaxy Mix' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Henry Eckford' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'High Scent' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Janet Scott' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Julie Ann' (Sweet Pea 'julie Ann') · L. odoratus 'King Edward Vii' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Knee High' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Lady Grisel Hamilton' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Late Spencer Choice Mix' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Leamington' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Lilac Ripple' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Lizbeth' (Sweet Pea)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url .
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 218, p. 219.
- A class-book of botany: designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries: in two parts: part I, The elements of botany: part II, The natural orders: illustrated by a flora of the northern, middle, and western states, particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat 38 3/4 / by Alphonso Wood. New York: A.S. Barnes & Burr; c1846. url p. 218.
- A contribution to our knowledge of seedlings; by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url p. 384, p. 393.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 103, p. 133.
- A dictionary of modern gardening / by George William Johnson. .. with one hundred and eighty wood cuts. Edited, with numerous additions, by David Landreth. Philadelphia: Lea and Blanchard, 1847. url p. 578.
- A dictionary of modern gardening. Philadelphia, Lea and Blanchard, 1847. url p. 578.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 364, p. 633.
- A little book of annuals, New York, The A. T. De La Mare company, inc., 1922. url p. 86.
- A manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants. By John Hutton Balfour. London: J. J. Griffin [etc.] 1851. url p. 398.
- A manual of botany: including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, John Churchill and Sons, 1870. url p. 225.
- A manual of gardening for Bengal and Upper India. By Thomas A. C. Firminger. .. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink and co.; [etc., etc.]1874. url p. 301.
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 232.
- A note book for practical biology. Cambridge, Biological laboratory, 1914. url .
- A practical guide to garden plants, containing descriptions of the hardiest and most beautiful annuals and biennials, hardy herbaceous and bulbous perennials, hardy water and bog plants, flowering and ornamental trees and shrubs, conife London;Longmans, Green, 1901. url , p. 79, p. 94.
- A student's text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. With 483 illustrations. London, Macmillan & co., 1896. url .
- A study of the genus Lathyrus: the genus Lathyrus, the sweet pea in botany and horticulture, classification of garden varieties of the sweet pea, winter flowering sweet peas / by Alvin Casey Beal. Albany; 1914 url p. 624, p. 632, p. 663, p. 671, p. 675, p. 682, p. 686, p. 687.
- A text-book of mycology and plant pathology / Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co.c1917. url .
- A textbook of botany for colleges and universities, by. .. John Merle Coulter. .. Charles Reid Barnes. .. Henry Chandler Cowles. .. New York, American book company[1910-11] url p. 640, p. 640.
- A university text-book of botany. New York, Macmillan, 1910. url p. 353.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 26, p. 305, p. 73, p. 81.
- Agricultural bacteriology, by Joseph E. Greaves. .. illustrated with 48 engravings. PhiladelphiaLea & Febiger, 1922. url p. 296, p. 296.
- Alien flora of Britain. London, West, Newman, 1905. url p. 56.
- All about sweet peas. Philadelphia, W. A. Burpee & co., 1894. url p. 12.
- American flower garden directory: containing practical directions for the culture of plants in the flower garden, hot-house, green-house, rooms, or parlour windows, for every month in the year. With a description of the plants most de Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1845. url p. 31.
- American flower-garden directory: containing practical directions for the culture of plants in the flower-garden, hot-house, green-house, rooms, or parlour windows. .. / by Robert Buist. New York: Orange Judd, 1854. url p. 34, p. 34, p. 34.
- Amino acid pools: distribution, formation and function of free amino acids; proceedings. Edited by Joseph T. Holden. Sponsored by the Office of Naval Research, Washington, D.C., under the auspices of the Institute for A[d]vanced Learning in the Medical Sciences. Amsterdam, Elsevier Pub. Co.1962. url p. 56, p. 792.
- An elementary course of botany: structural, physiological, and systematic / by Arthur Henfrey. London: John Van Voorst, 1878. url p. 68.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 619.
- An introduction to the study of botany, including a treatise on vegetable physiology, and descriptions of the most common plants in the middle and northern states. By J.L. Comstock. .. New York, Pratt, Woodford, Farmer & Brace, 1856 [c1854] url p. 180.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 170, p. 218, p. 218, p. 366.
- Analytical class-book of botany, designed for academies and private students. In two parts: Part 1. Elements of vegetable structure and physiology. By Frances H. Green. Part 11. Systematic botany: illustrated by a compendious flora of the northern states. By Joseph W. Congdon. London, D. Appleton, 1855. url p. 112.
- Analytical class-book of botany: designed for academies and private students. New York: D. Appleton and Co.,  url .
- And the wilderness blossomed, Philadelphia, H.W. Fisher & company, 1901. url , , p. 200, p. 248.
- Annual and biennial garden plants, their value and uses: with full instructions for their cultivation, by A.E. Speer. London, J. Murray, 1911. url p. 236.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 23 1912 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 83.
- Annual report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Albany: State of New York, Dept. of Agriculture, 1894-1911. url p. 214.
- Annual report of the New York State College of Agriculture at Cornell University and the Agricultural Experiment Station. [Ithaca, N.Y.?], 1911-1971. (Albany, N.Y.: url p. 624, p. 632, p. 635, p. 653, p. 671, p. 675, p. 682, p. 684, p. 686, p. 687.
- Annual report of the Quebec Society for the Protection of Plants. Quebec: The Society, 1921-1935. url , .
- Annuals & biennials, the best annual and biennial plants and their uses in the garden, London, C. Scribner's sons url , .
- Annuals hardy and half hardy. New York, Frederick A. Stokes Co., [1914?] url p. 56.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 576.
- Beautiful flowers and how to grow them, by Horace J. Wright & Walter P. Wright. Illustrated with 32 plates in full colours from paintings by Beatrice Parsons, Eleanor Fortesque Brickdale, Hugh L. Norris, Margaret Waterfield, A. Fairfax Muck 1922 Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, ltd., 1922. url p. 227.
- Beeton's Dictionary of everyday gardening. .. to which is added a monthly calendar of garden work throughout the year. London, Ward, Lock, 1909. url p. 15.
- Bergen's botany, key and flora. Northern and central states ed. By Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 127.
- Bergen's botany: key and flora: Northern and Central States ed. / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 117, p. 129.
- Biochemical systematics [by] Ralph E. Alston [and] B. L. Turner. Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall url p. 188, p. 189, p. 208, p. 214, p. 367, p. 368, p. 370.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url .
- Botany for high schools and colleges. New York: H. Holt, 1885. url .
- Botany for secondary schools; a guide to the knowledge of the vegetation of the neighborhood, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 381.
- Botany of the living plant, by F.O. Bower. In the third edition he was assisted by J.M.F. Drummond, and George Bond, in this fourth edition by C.W. Wardlaw. London, Macmillan and Co., ltd., 1947. url p. 140.
- Botany, an elementary text for schools. New YorkMacmillan1900 url p. 317.
- Botany, developmental and descriptive. Philadelphia, Lea, 1922. url p. 141, p. 162, p. 183, p. 223.
- Botany: an elementary text for schools / by L. H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1901, c1900. url p. 317.
- British bee journal & bee-keepers adviser. London. url p. 534.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 479.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 226, p. 41.
- Bulletin / New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station. [New Brunswick, N.J.]: The Station, 1880- url p. 210.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 18, p. 46, p. 47.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 61, p. 62, p. 63, p. 96.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 19 1892 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 210, p. 214, p. 510, p. 514, p. 56, p. 586.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., Govt. Print. Off., 1913-1923. url p. 11, p. 12, p. 2, p. 2, p. 4, p. 4, p. 61, p. 61, p. 65, p. 65.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 116, p. 185.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , .
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url , , p. 395, p. 397, p. 399, p. 401, p. 403, p. 46.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url , , p. 1992, p. 2068.
- Catalogue of the science collections for teaching and research in the South Kensington Museum. .. London, Printed for H.M. Stationery Off. by Eyre and Spottiswoode, 1891- url p. 90.
- Climbing plants, by William Watson; with introduction by W. Robinson. London [etc.]T. C. & E. C. Jack url p. 20, p. 20.
- Commercial gardening, a practical & scientific treatise for market gardeners, market growers, fruit, flower & vegetable growers, nurserymen, etc. By many practical specialists under the editorship of John Weathers. London, The Gresham publishing company, 1913. url p. 236.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 642.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 45 2003 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 245, p. 441, p. 452, p. 545.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 165.
- Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884. url p. 65.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 1125, p. 1126, p. 1127, p. 1132, p. 263, p. 266, p. 269, p. 906.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url , p. 1752, p. 1936, p. 1940.
- Darwin and modern science; essays in commemoration of the centenary of the birth of Charles Darwin and of the fiftieth anniversary of the publication of the Origin of species. Cambridge, University Press, 1909. url .
- Darwinism: an exposition of the theory of natural selection, with some of its applications / by Alfred Russel Wallace. London; Macmillan, 1891. url p. 95.
- Dictionary of arts, manufactures, and mines containing a clear exposition of their principles and practice by Robert Hunt, assisted by F.W. Rudler. London, Longmans, 1875-78. url p. 257.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 159, p. 162.
- Dietary factors affecting blood spot incidence and changes in the vascular system of the hen / by John Wilburn Merkley. 1970. url p. 24.
- Diseases of greenhouse crops and their control / New York: E. P. Dutton, [c1920] url .
- Elements of botany. Boston, Ginn[c1904, pref. 1906] url , .
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 96.
- Essentials of botany. Boston, Ginn[c1908] url , , , .
- Evolution by means of hybridization / by J. P. Lotsy. The Hague: M. Nijhoff, 1916. url p. 161.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 131, p. 546, p. 632, p. 645, p. 963.
- Familiar garden flowers, figured by F. Edward Hulme and described by Shirley Hibberd. 1st series with coloured plates. London; Cassell, 1907. url p. 113.
- Farm insects: being the natural history and economy of the insects injurious to the field crops of Great Britain and Ireland, and also those which infest barns and granaries, with suggestions for their destruction. Edinburgh, Blackie & Son, 1860. url p. 493.
- Favourite flowers of garden and greenhouse /by Edward Step. ..; the cultural directions edited by William Watson. ..; illustrated with three hundred and sixteen coloured plates, selected and arranged by D. Bois. 1 1896 London and New York: Frederick Warne & co., 1896-97. url p. 145.
- Field, forest, and garden botany; a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated, by Asa Gray. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company url p. 136.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 262.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 187.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 187.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 542.
- Flora of Guatemala: families Leguminosae, Geraniaceae, Oxalidaceae, Tropaeolaceae, Linaceae, Erythroxylaceae, Zygophyllaceae, Rutaceae, Simaroubaceae, Burseraceae, Meliaceae, and Malpighiaceae / by Paul C. Standley and Julian A. Steyermark. 24 1946 Chicago, Ill.: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1946. url p. 151, p. 273.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 139.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 241.
- Florigraphia Britannica; or, Engravings and descriptions of the flowering plants & ferns of Britain. London, R. Groombridge, 1841-48. url .
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url , , .
- Flower gardening, New York, bMcBride, Nast & company, 1913. url .
- Flower gardening, by H. S. Adams. New York, McBride, Nast & Company, 1913. url p. 206.
- Foundations of botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 117, p. 117, p. 129, p. 129.
- Foundations of botany, Boston, Ginn & Co., 1901. url , .
- Garden flowers: how to cultivate them. A treatise on the culture of hardy ornamental trees, shrubs, annuals, herbaceous and bedding plants. By Edward Sprague Rand, jr. Boston: J. E. Tilton and Company, 1866. url p. 220.
- Garden flowers; how to cultivate them. A treatise on the culture of hardy ornamental trees, shrubs, annuals, herbaceous and bedding plants. By Edward Sprague Rand, jr.... New York, Hurd and Houghton, 1876. url p. 220.
- Gardening in California, San Francisco, A. M. Robertson, 1914. url p. 11, p. 176, p. 389, p. 397.
- Gardening in California, landscape and flower, by John McLaren... San Francisco, A.M. Robertson, 1909. url , p. 175, p. 175, p. 388.
- Genetics in relation to agriculture, New York, McGraw-Hill; [etc., etc.]1918. url , p. 303, p. 310, p. 662.
- Gladiolus studies / Alvin C. Beal [and A. C. Hottes] Ithaca, N.Y.New York State College of Agriculture at Cornell University, 1916. url p. 226.
- Gleanings in bee culture. Medina, Ohio, A. I. Root Co. url p. 240, p. 546.
- Gray's School and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany" bound in one volume. New York: American Book Company, [between 1895 and 1900]. url p. 136.
- Gray's school and field book of botany. Consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume. New York, American book company, 1901?, c1887 url p. 136.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 387.
- Growth hormones in plants. Authorized English translation of Die wuchsstofftheorie und ihre bedeutung für die analyse des wachstums und der wachstumsbewegungen der pflanzen. By P. Boysen Jensen. .. Translated and revised by George S. Avery, Jr., and Paul R. Burkholder, with the collaboration of Harriet B. Creighton and Beatrice A. Scheer. .. Expanded to include 188 new c New York, McGraw-Hill Book Company, inc., 1936. url p. 230, p. 66.
- Guide to the study of common plants. An introduction to botany. Boston, D. C. Heath, [c1895] url , .
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 354, p. 39, p. 93.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , , .
- Handbook of hardy trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants. .. Based on the French work of Messrs. Decaisne and Naudin. ..entitled 'Manuel de l'amateur des jardins, ' and including the original woodcuts by Riocreux and Leblanc. Boston, Estes & Lauriat, 1873. url , .
- Handbook of physiology; a critical, comprehensive presentation of physiological knowledge and concepts. Washington, American Physiological Society, 1959- url p. 1905.
- Handbook of plants. New York: P. Henderson, 1881. url p. 223.
- Handbook of practical botany for the botanical laboratory and private student / by E. Strasburger; translated and edited from the German with many additional notes by W. Hillhouse. London: Macmillan, 1900. url p. 517.
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url , , , , .
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, by Helen R. Albee; illustrated from photographs. New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url , , , , , , , .
- Harmsworth's Universal encyclopedia, written by the leading authorities in every branch of knowledge and edited by J.A. Hammerton. London, Educational Bk. Co.[n.d.] url p. 6230.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 307, p. 441.
- Heredity / by J. Arthur Thomson. London: J. Murray, 1912. url p. 353.
- Heredity, by J. Arthur Thomson. London, J. Murray, 1920. url p. 353.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url p. 29, p. 661.
- How crops grow; a century later / New Haven: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1969. url p. 133.
- How to make a flower garden; a manual of practical information and suggestions. New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1903. url p. 335, p. 335, p. 336, p. 336, p. 346, p. 346.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 140, p. 222, p. 309, p. 417, p. 476, p. 618.
- Introduction to botany, Boston, Ginn and company[c1914] url , .
- Introduction to botany. Boston, Ginn url p. 127, p. 139.
- Introduction to genetics and cytogenetics. New York, J. Wiley url p. 559, p. 587, p. 594.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 94.
- Johnson's Gardeners' dictionary and cultural instructor. London, A. T. De La Mare printing and publishing co., ltd. url p. 442.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 4 1908 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 213, p. 249.
- Journal of Hymenoptera research. Washington, D.C.: International Society of Hymenopterists, [1992- url p. 231.
- Journal of a tour in Marocco and the Great Atlas, London, Macmillan and co., 1878. url p. 407.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 405, p. 432, p. 508, p. 532.
- Journal of bacteriology. Baltimore, [Williams & Wilkins] url p. 243, p. 246.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 25 1887 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 361.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 385, p. 574.
- Journal of genetics. Cambridge: University Press, 1910-1977. url , p. 1, p. 136, p. 138, p. 163, p. 164, p. 303, p. 309, p. 309.
- Journal of the Royal Agricultural Society of England. London:Royal Agricultural Society of England [etc.], 1840-2002. url p. 60.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url .
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. London: The Society, 1857-1864. url p. 114, p. 197.
- Key and flora, northern and central states. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 127, p. 139.
- Key and flora: northern and central states / Boston: Ginn, 1908. url .
- Laboratory and field manual of botany, Boston, Ginn & company[c1907] url .
- Landscape garden series, ed. by Ralph Rodney Root. Davenport, Ia.: The Garden Press,  url p. 44.
- Landscape gardening as applied to home decoration. By Samuel T. Maynard. .. New York, J. Wiley, 1915. url p. 298.
- Lawns and gardens. How to plant and beautify the home lot, the pleasure ground and garden, by N. Jönsson-Rose. With numerous plans and illustrations by the author. New York: G. P. Putnam, 1897. url p. 307.
- Leaf-mining insects / by James G. Needham, Stuart W. Frost, Beatrice H. Tothill. Baltimore: The Williams & Wilkins company, [c1928] url p. 312.
- Leaves and flowers: or, Object lessons in botany with a flora: prepared for beginners in academies and public schools / New York: A.A. Barnes, 1869, c1860. url .
- Leaves and flowers; or, Object lessons in botany. With a flora. Prepared for beginners in academies and public schools. By Alphonso Wood, with 665 illustrations. New York, Barnes;1874. url p. 346.
- Lectures on the physiology of plants / by Sydney Howard Vines. . Cambridge, Cambridgeshire: The University Press, 1886 url p. 490.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 10, p. 13, p. 14, p. 14, p. 15, p. 15, p. 16, p. 17, p. 17, p. 19, p. 20, p. 20, p. 22, p. 23, p. 24, p. 24, p. 25, p. 25, p. 288, p. 29, p. 30, p. 31, p. 31, p. 311, p. 32, p. 32, p. 33, p. 34, p. 35, p. 36, p. 371, p. 39, p. 39, p. 40, p. 40, p. 41, p. 42, p. 42, p. 44, p. 44, p. 79.
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url p. 158, p. 159, p. 160, p. 161, p. 162.
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1072.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including Virginia, Kentucky, and all east of the Mississippi / by Asa Gray; (The mosses and liverworts by Wm. S. Sullivant.) New York: Ivison, Phinney, 1863, c1862. url p. xliv.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 187, p. 599.
- Meehan's monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany, and kindred subjects. Phila., PA: T. Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url .
- Memoir / Ithaca, N.Y. url p. 3.
- Mendel's principles of heredity / by W. Bateson. Cambridge: University Press, 1909. url p. 148, p. 389.
- Mendel's principles of heredity, by W. Bateson. Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1913. url p. 148, p. 148, p. 18, p. 18, p. 28, p. 28, p. 406, p. 89, p. 89.
- Mendel's principles of heredity. CambridgeUniversity Press1913 url p. 148, p. 18, p. 28, p. 406, p. 89.
- Mendel's principles of heredity; a defence by W. Bateson. .. With a translation of Mendel's original papers on hybridisation. Cambridge, University press, 1902. url p. 31.
- Mendelism, London, The Macmillan Co., 1919. url .
- Mendelism, New York, The Macmillan company, 1913. url .
- Mendelism, by R.C. Punnett. .. New York, The Macmillan company, 1911. url p. 151.
- Mendelism, by Reginald Crundall Punnett. London, Macmillan, 1922. url p. 182, p. 74.
- Mendelism. By R.C. Punnett. London, Macmillan, 1911. url p. 139, p. 73.
- Mendelism. London, Macmillan[c1912] url , .
- Miscellaneous studies in agriculture and biology. BerkeleyUniversity of California Press1919 url p. 66, p. 66.
- More letters of Charles Darwin. A record of his work in a series of hitherto unpublished letters, ed. by Francis Darwin. .. and A.C. Seward. .. London, J. Murray, 1903. url p. 250, p. 389, p. 480.
- More letters of Charles Darwin: a record of his work in a series of hitherto unpublished letters, ed. by Francis Darwin. .. and A.C. Seward. .. London, J. Murray, 1903. url p. 250, p. 389, p. 391, p. 480.
- Morphology of angiosperms (Morphology of spermatophytes, Part II) by John Merle Coulter and Charles James [!] Chamberlain. New York, Appleton & Co., 1903. url p. 204.
- Morphology of angiosperms: (Morphology of spermatophytes, Part II) / by John Merle Coulter and Charles Joseph Chamberlain. New York: D. Appleton, 1909, c1903. url p. 204.
- Natural science. London: Macmillan & Co., [1892-1899] url p. 413.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 389, p. 683.
- New or unusual plant injuries and diseases found in Connecticut, 1916-1919 / [New Haven]: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1920. url p. 476.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 8 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 371.
- On the popular names of British plants, being an explanation of the origin and meaning of the names of our indigenous and most commonly cultivated species. By R. C. A. Prior. London: Williams and Norgate, 1870. url p. 176, p. 228.
- Palladin's Plant physiology. Authorized ed. in English, based on the German translation of the 6th Russian ed. and on the 7th Russian ed. (1914) of the Text-book of plant physiology. By Vladimir I. Palladin. With additions and Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son, [c1926] url p. 168, p. 9.
- Pamphlets on forest protection. [1900?- url p. 735.
- Pamphlets on silviculture. [1899- url p. 19, p. 72.
- Peas and pea culture; a practical and scientific discussion of peas, relating to the history, varieties, cultural methods, insect and fungous pests, with special chapters on the canned pea industry, peas as forage and soil New YorkOrange Judd company1919 url p. 3.
- Phycologia Britannica, or, A history of British sea-weeds: containing coloured figures, generic and specific characters, synonymes, and descriptions of all the species of algae inhabiting the shores of the British Islands / by William Henry Harvey. London: Reeve Brothers, 1846-1851. url p. 442.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 1, p. 56.
- Plant culture; a working handbook of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, New York, A. T. De La Mare Co., Inc.[c1921] url .
- Plant life, considered with special reference to form and function, by Charles Reid Barnes. .. New York: H. Holt & company, 1898. url p. 391.
- Plant physiology, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1918] url .
- Plant physiology, by Vladimir I. Palladin. Authorized English ed. based on the German translation of the 6th Russian ed. and on the 7th Russian ed. (1914) Edited by Burton Edward Livingston. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston[c1923] url p. 165, p. 9.
- Plants of the Bermudas: or Somer's Islands / by Oswald A. Reade. Hamilton, Bermuda: Printed at the "Royal Gazette" Office, 1883. url p. 19.
- Poisonous plants of Canada / [Ottawa]: Agriculture Canada, 1990. url p. 32, p. 53, p. 56, p. 89.
- Pomona College journal of entomology. Claremont, Calif., U.S.A.: Published under the patronage of Ontario-Cucamonga Citrus Association by the Dept. of Biology of Pomona College, [1909?-1912?] url p. 460, p. 463.
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 226, p. 226.
- Popular garden flowers: anemones, asters, begonias. .. [et al.] by Walter P. Wright. New York: Doubleday Page, 1911. url p. 14, p. 347.
- Popular garden flowers; anemones: asters: begonias: carnations: chrysanthemums: crocuses: daffodils: dahlias: geraniums: gladioli: hollyhocks: hyacinths: irises: lilies: pansies: phloxes: primulas: sweet peas: stocks: tulips by Walter P. Wright. London: G. Richards ltd.,  url .
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 14, p. 276, p. 33.
- Practical botany by Joseph Bergen and Otis W. Caldwell. Boston: Ginn, c1911. url p. 354.
- Practical botany, Boston, Ginn and company[c1911] url .
- Practical landscape gardening, with reference to the improvement of rural residences, giving the general principles of art; with full directions for planting shade trees, shrubbery and flowers, and laying out grounds. Cincinnati, Moore, Wilstach, Keys & co., 1855. url p. 222.
- Practical landscape gardening: with reference to the improvement of rural residences, giving the general principles of the art: with full directions for planting shade trees, shrubbery and flowers, and laying out grounds / by G.M. Kern. Cincinnati: Moore, Wilstach, Keys & Co., No. 25 West Fourth Street, 1855. url p. 222.
- Practical plant biochemistry, by Muriel Wheldale Onslow. .. Cambridge, University press, 1920. url p. 74.
- Practical plant biochemistry. CambridgeUniversity Press1923 url p. 189, p. 76.
- Preliminary report on the alfalfa weevil. [Phytonomus posticus] Washington, Govt. print. off., 1912. url p. 24, p. 46, p. 47.
- Principles of scientific botany, or, Botany as an inductive science by Dr. J.M. Schleiden. .. translated by Edwin Lankester. .. London: Printed for Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1849 url p. 344.
- Proceedings - Cambridge Philosophical Society. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society [etc.] url p. 148, p. 393, p. 400.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 699.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 691, p. 728.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , p. 205, p. 238, p. 245, p. 249, p. 310, p. 601.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 23.
- Proceedings of the section of sciences / Koninklijke Akademie van Wetenschappen te Amsterdam. Amsterdam: Johannes Müller, [1899-1937]. url p. 183, p. 186, p. 193, p. 194, p. 392.
- Range plant handbook. Washington, U. S. Govt. print. off., 1937. url p. xxiv.
- Recent advances in cytology, by C. D. Darlington. With a foreword by J. B. S. Haldane. With 16 plates, 160 text-figures and 81 tables. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., inc., 1937. url p. 110, p. 195, p. 223, p. 405, p. 512, p. 601, p. 622, p. 634, p. 646.
- Recent advances in microscopy; biological applications, edited by A. Piney. With 83 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., inc., 1931. url p. 184, p. 185, p. 257.
- Report of the botanist / G. P. Clinton. [New Haven]: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1903-1911. url p. 359, p. 735.
- Report of the proceedings of the. .. Entomological meeting Calcutta;Superintendent government printing, India, 1917-24. url p. 327, p. 58.
- Report on the herbaceous flowering plants of Massachusetts, arranged according to the natural orders of Lindley, and illustrated chiefly by popular descriptions of their character, properties, and use Pub. agreeably to an order of the Legislature, by the commissioners on the zoological and botanical survey of the state. Cambridge, Folsom, Wells, and Thurston, Printers to the University, 1840. url p. 64.
- Reports on the herbaceous plants and on the quadrupeds of Massachusetts: published agreeably to an order of the Legislature by the Commissioners on the Zoological and Botanical Survey of the State. Cambridge: Folsom, Wells, and Thurston, 1840. url p. 64.
- Root-knot and its control. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1911. url p. 16.
- Science progress in the twentieth century: a quarterly journal of scientific work & thought. London: John Murray, 1906-1916. url .
- Science progress. London url p. 440.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 1005, p. 306, p. 544.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 103, p. 104, p. 109.
- Senior botany. London, Univ. Tutor. Press, 1918. url p. 46.
- Sex and internal secretions. Contributors: A. Albert [and others] Foreword by George W. Corner. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1961. url p. 1555.
- Some new bacterial diseases of legumes and the relationship of the organisms causing the same, by Thomas F. Manns. Philadelphia, 1914. url p. 11, p. 36.
- Species and varieties, their origin by mutation; lectures delivered at the University of California Chicago, The Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1906. url , .
- Species and varieties: their origin by mutation / lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo DeVries; edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago: The Open Court; 1906, c1904. url p. 776, p. 836.
- Species and varieties; their origin by mutation. Lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo De Vries. Edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago, K. Paul, Trench, Truber, 1906 [c1904] url p. 774, p. 834.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 259, p. 359.
- Stout manual training school; a handbook for planning and planting small home grounds. .. with a list of native and commonly cultivated plants that are represented in the collection upon the Stout manual training school grounds. Menomonie, Wis., Stout manual training school, 1899. url p. 29, p. 61, p. 63, p. 71.
- Students' handbook to accompany Plants and their uses / by Frederick Leroy Sargent. New York: Henry Holt, 1914. url , .
- Sweet peas and antirrhinums (snapdragons) / by William Cuthbertson. London: J. Clarke, [1919?] url p. 11, p. 114.
- Sweet peas and how to grow them, London, Cassell and company, limited, 1909. url , p. 2, p. 3.
- Text-book of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 185, p. 283.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1920] url p. 185, p. 185, p. 283, p. 283.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1676.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 1284, p. 268, p. 439, p. 5, p. 564, p. 8, p. 952.
- The American flower garden / by Neltje Blanchan; planting lists by Leonard Barron; illustrated with one hundred full-page photographs. New York: Doubleday, Page & Company, 1909. url p. 253, p. 253.
- The American flower garden directory: Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1841. url p. 30.
- The American flower garden, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1909. url p. 253.
- The American gardener's assistant in three parts containing complete practical directions for the cultivation of vegetables, flowers, fruit trees and grape vines / by Thomas Bridgeman Philadelphia: H. T. Coates, [c1866] url p. 26.
- The American gardener's assistant. In three parts. Containing complete practical directions for the cultivation of vegetables, flowers, fruit trees, and grape-vines. By Thomas Bridgeman. New York, W. Wood & Co., 1867. url p. 26.
- The American home garden. Being principles and rules for the culture of vegetables, fruits, flowers, and shrubbery. To which are added brief notes on farm crops, with a table of their average product and chemical constituents. New York, Harper & Brothers, 1859. url .
- The American home garden. New York, Harper & brothers, 1860. url p. 459.
- The American home garden: being principles and rules for the culture of vegetables, fruits, flowers, and shrubbery, to which are added brief notes on farm crops, with a table of their average product and chemical constituents New York: Harper & Brothers, 1859. url p. 459.
- The American journal of horticulture and florist's companion. Boston: J.E. Tilton and Co., 1867-1869. url p. 89.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 107, p. 107, p. 107, p. 108, p. 320, p. 347, p. 421, p. 421, p. 434.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 235, p. 44.
- The Asa Gray bulletin. 2 1953 Ann Arbor, Mich. url p. 240, p. 373, p. XIII, p. xiv.
- The Book of gardening; a handbook of horticulture. London, C. Scribner's Sons, 1900. url .
- The Canadian horticulturist [monthly] St. Catharines, E.S. Leavenworth. url p. 6.
- The Country gentleman's magazine. London, S. Marshall & Co. url p. 208.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement shown by existing examples of gardens in Great Britain and Ireland, followed by a description of the plants, shrubs, and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. London: J. Murray, 1911. url p. 644.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 117, p. 123, p. 1318, p. 132, p. 191, p. 192, p. 265, p. 325, p. 520, p. 659, p. 660, p. 790, p. 954.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , p. 209, p. 24, p. 31, p. 343, p. 346, p. 352, p. 38, p. 420, p. 427, p. 540, p. 57, p. 599, p. 87, p. 98.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1265, p. 667, p. 756, p. 774.
- The Gardeners' chronicle. 1841 London: published for the proprietors, 1841-1843. url p. 134.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 113, p. 126, p. 135, p. 139, p. 146, p. 156, p. 215, p. 254, p. 271, p. 30, p. 408, p. 41, p. 560, p. 596, p. 61, p. 623, p. 692, p. 74.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 38 1978 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 317, p. 41.
- The Horticulturist and journal of rural art and rural taste. Albany, N.Y.: Luthur Tucker, 1846/1847-1875 url , p. 153.
- The Illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / edited by George Nicholson. ..; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. ... London: L. Upcott Gill; 1887-1889. url p. 384.
- The Journal of agricultural science. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press. url p. 464.
- The Journal of animal behavior. Albany, N.Y.: Henry Holt and Co., [1911-1917?] url p. 151, p. 157.
- The Journal of heredity. Washington, etc., American Genetic Association url p. 499, p. 499, p. 523, p. 523.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 202, p. 321, p. 321, p. 41.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 117.
- The Journal of the Department of Agriculture, Victoria. [Melbourne]:Dept. of Agriculture, Victoria, 1902-1955. url p. 606.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 24 1888 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 361, p. 362, p. 484.
- The Magazine of horticulture, botany, and all useful discoveries and improvements in rural affairs. Boston: Hovey and Co., 1837- url p. 178, p. 450, p. 471.
- The Monthly bulletin of the State Commission of Horticulture. Sacramento, Calif.: The Commission, 1911-1919. url p. 754.
- The New England farmer. Boston, Mass.: J. Nourse, 1848-1871. url p. 250.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 364, p. 398, p. 399.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 342.
- The Plough, the loom, and the anvil. [Philadelphia: J.S. Skinner & Son], 1848-1857. url p. 46.
- The Popular educator: a complete encyclopaedia of elementary, advanced and technical education. London, Cassell url p. 152.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 279, p. 33, p. 628, p. 689, p. 703, p. 856.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 3 1906 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 240, p. 267, p. 267.
- The anthocyanin pigments of plants. By Muriel Wheldale. Cambridge, University Press, 1916. url p. 151, p. 156, p. 180, p. 181, p. 183, p. 312.
- The book of annuals: a pictorial guide to the choice and culture of fifty of the most dependable plants that flower the first year from seed / New York: McBride, Nast, 1913. url , , .
- The book of annuals; New York, McBride, Nast & company, 1913. url p. 10.
- The book of climbing plants and wall shrubs, by S. Arnott. London, J. Lane, 1903 [pub. 1902] url p. 102, p. 102, p. 23, p. 23.
- The book of hardy flowers; a simple and complete descriptive guide to the cultivation in gardens of the trees and shrubs, perennial and annual flowers, that are hardy, or are suitable for planting out-of-doors in summer in temp Ed. by H. H. Thomas. .. Beautifully illustrated with thirty-two direct color photographs by H. Essenhigh Corke and sixty-four half-tone plates. 1915 New York, Funk & Wagnalls company; [etc., etc.] url p. 249, p. 324.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 183.
- The book of the sweet pea, by D.B. Crane. London, J. Lane company, 1910. url p. 1, p. 11, p. 14.
- The botany of crop plants: a text and reference book. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son, [c1917] url .
- The botany of crop plants; a text and reference book, by Wilfred W. Robbins. .. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1917] url p. 432.
- The century supplement to the dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / by Geo. Nicholson. .. [et al.]. Hyde Park, Mass.: Geo. T. King; 1901. url p. 584.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 240, p. 240, p. 241, p. 241.
- The complete illustrated book of garden magic. Chicago, J.G. Ferguson Pub. Co. url p. 150, p. 151, p. 157, p. 273.
- The culture and diseases of the sweet pea, New York, E. P. Dutton & Company[c1917] url , , p. 10, p. 229.
- The culture of vegetables and flowers from seeds and roots, by Sutton and sons. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co. ltd., 1908. url p. 274, p. 439.
- The cytoplasm of the plant cell, by Alexandre Guilliermond. .. Authorized translation from the unpublished French manuscript, by Lenette Rogers Atkinson, PH. D. Foreword by William Seifriz. .. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Company, 1941. url p. 183.
- The differential analysis of starches, by James B. McNair. 9 1930 Chicago, 1930. url p. 12, p. 15, p. 18, p. 21, p. 26, p. 31, p. 34, p. 35, p. 40, p. 43.
- The differentiation and specificity of starches in relation to genera, species, etc.; stereochemistry applied to protoplasmic processes and products, and as a strictly scientific basis for the classification of plants and animals Washington, D.C.Carnegie institution of Washington1913 url p. 334, p. 395, p. 397, p. 401, p. 402, p. 404, p. 9.
- The diseases of the sweet pea. .. Philadelphia, 1914. url , p. 12.
- The effects of cross and self fertilisation in the vegetable kingdom. LondonJ. Murray1916 url , p. 142, p. 153, p. 154, p. 155, p. 157, p. 158, p. 185, p. 248, p. 265, p. 295, p. 352, p. 353, p. 355, p. 367, p. 385, p. 387, p. 389, p. 478, p. 479, p. 481.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 211.
- The floral kingdom: its history, sentiment and poetry: A dictionary of more than three hundred plants, with the genera and families to which they belong, and the language of each illustrated with appropriate gems to poe Chicago: M. Warren, 1877, c1876. url .
- The florist's guide, New York, For sale by the author; Boston, J. Breck & co.; [etc., etc.]1844. url p. 21.
- The florist's guide; containing practical directions for the cultivation of annual, biennial, and perennial flowering plants, of different classes, herbaceous and shrubby, bulbous, fibrous, and tuberous-rooted; including By T. Bridgeman. New York: Printed by A. Hanford, 1847. url p. 21.
- The flower and the bee; plant life and pollination, LondonConstable1919 url p. 50.
- The flower garden; or, Breck's book of flowers; in which are described all the various hardy herbaceous perennials, annuals, shrubby plants, and evergreen trees, desirable for ornamental purposes, with directions for th By Joseph Breck. Boston, J. P. Jewett & company;1856. url p. 188.
- The flower-garden: or, Breck's book of flowers; in which are described all the various hardy herbaceous perennials, annuals, shrubby plants, and evergreen trees, desirable for ornamental purposes, with directions for th by Joseph Breck. Boston: J. P. Jewett & company, 1851. url p. 188.
- The flowering plants of Western India. London, W. H. Allen url p. 86.
- The flowering process. New York, Macmillan, 1963. url p. 208.
- The garden month by month; describing the appearance, color, dates of bloom and cultivation of all desirable, hardy plants for the formal or wild garden, with additional lists of aquatics, vines, etc., New York, F. A. Stokes Company url p. 490.
- The garden; a pocket manual of practical horticulture, or, How to cultivate vegetables, fruits, and flowers. .. / by the author of "How to write", "How to behave", etc. New York: Fowler and Wells, 1858. url p. 150.
- The gardens, poultry, and bees; embracing Auburn, N. Y., The Auburn Publishing Company [c1859] url .
- The horticultural exhibitors' handbook. A treatise on cultivating, exhibiting, and judging plants, flowers, fruits, and vegetables. Edinburgh, W. Blackwood, 1892. url .
- The kitchen and fruit gardener: a select manual of kitchen gardening, and culture of fruits, containing familiar directions for the most approved practice in each department. Descriptions of many valuable fruits, and a calendar of w Philadelphia: Lea and Blanchard, 1844. url p. 101.
- The lipids, their chemistry and biochemistry. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1951-57. url p. 520, p. 545, p. 900.
- The mutation theory; experiments and observations on the origin of species in the vegetable kingdom, by Hugo de Vries. .. tr. by Prof. J. B. Farmer and A. D. Darbishire. .. Chicago, Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1909-10. url p. 73, p. 75.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url .
- The natural history of plants. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1871-88. url .
- The natural history of plants. Translated by Marcus M. Hartog. LondonL. Reeve1871- url p. 192.
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 957.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 91.
- The new American orchardist; Boston, Otis, Broaders, and company, 1844. url p. 400.
- The new American orchardist; or, An account of the most valuable varieties of fruit, of all climates, adapted to cultivation in the United States; with their history, modes of culture, management, uses, &c. With an appendix on ve By William Kenrick. Boston, Otis, Broaders, & co., 1844. url p. 400.
- The organic constituents of higher plants: their chemistry and interrelationships. With contributions by Ernest Sondheimer. Minneapolis, Burgess Pub. Co. url p. 216.
- The parasitic fungi of New Jersey / by Carl A. Schwarze. New Brunswick: New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Stations, 1917. url p. 210.
- The power of movement in plants / by Charles Darwin, assisted by Francis Darwin. New York: D. Appleton, 1898. url p. 320.
- The power of movement in plants, New York, Appleton, 1896. url .
- The principles of plant-teratology. London, The Ray Society, 1915-1916. url .
- The science and practice of farming during 1910 in Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland) as seen through the scientific and agricultural press. Rome, Printed by the Unione Editrice, 1910. url p. 296.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 2492.
- The students' flora of New Zealand and the outlying islands. Wellington, N. Z., John Mackay, govt. printer url .
- The study of plants; an introduction to botany and plant ecology. OxfordClarendon Press1915 url p. 246.
- The theory of the gene, by Thomas Hunt Morgan. .. New Haven, Yale University Press;1928. url p. 342.
- The variation of animals and plants under domestication, by Charles Darwin. London, J. Murray, 1893. url p. 302, p. 463, p. 463, p. 71.
- The vegetation of the New Jersey Pine-Barrens: an ecologic investigation / by John W. Harshberger. Philadelphia: Christopher Sower Company, 1916. url p. 173.
- The villa gardener; comprising the choice of a suburban villa residence; the laying out, planting, and culture of the garden and grounds; and the management of the villa farm, including the dairy and poultry-yard. .. By J. C. Loudon. London, W. S. Orr & co., 1850. url p. 499, p. 502.
- The young gardener's assistant: containing a catalogue of garden & flower seeds, with practical directions under each head for the cultivation of culinary vegetables and flowers; also directions for cultivating fruit trees, the gra by T. Bridgeman. New York: [s.n.], 1840 url p. 140.
- The young gardener's assistant: in three parts containing catalogues of garden and flower seed, with practical directions under each head for the cultivation of culinary vegetables and flowers; also, directions for cultivating frui by Thomas Bridgeman. New York: For sale by the author, Broadway, corner of Eighteenth Street, 1845 url p. 21.
- The young gardener's assistant; containing a catalogue of garden & flower seeds, with practical directions under each head, for the cultivation of culinary vegetables and flowers, also directions for cultivating fruit trees, the gra New York, For sale by T. Bridgeman [etc.]1840. url p. 140.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Royal Society of South Australia (Incorporated). Adelaide: W.C. Rigby, 1912-1937. url p. 302.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 186, p. 186, p. 186, p. 225, p. 225, p. 225, p. 262, p. 262.
- Transactions of the British Mycological Society. London: Cambridge University Press, [1897-c1988] url p. 95.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 113.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 8 1913 - 19 London. url p. 292, p. 381.
- Transactions of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society. [S.l.: s.n.], 1843-1920. url p. 130, p. 41.
- University of California publications in agricultural sciences. Berkeley, University of California Press. url p. 424.
- University studies of the University of Nebraska. Lincoln. url p. 73, p. 80.
- Vines and how to grow them: a manual of climbing plants for flower, foliage and fruit effects, both ornamental and useful, including those shrubs and similar forms that may be used as vines / Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, Page & Company, [c1911] url .
- Vines and how to grow them; a manual of climbing plants for flower, foliage and fruit effects, both ornamental and useful, including those shrubs and similar forms that may be used as vines. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & company, 1911. url p. 279, p. 281, p. 68.
- What is a kindergarten? San Francisco, Elder, 1891. url p. 76.
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Jena [Germany]: G. Fischer, 1910-1993. url p. 11.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 7165, p. 7165.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Branca, F. and Donnini, D. 2011. Lathyrus odoratus. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 01February2012.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 14, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 28 providers.
- ILDIS World Database of Legumes. Release date: May 1, 2007
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 28, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 14, 2007:
- Australian National Herbarium
- , Australian National Herbarium
- Comisión nacional para el conocimiento y uso de la biodiversidad, Herbario del Instituto de Ecología, A.C., México
- Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien, Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien
- GBIF-Spain, CIBIO, Alicante:ABH-GBIF
- GBIF-Spain, Herbario Universidad de Málaga: MGC-Cormófitos
- GBIF-Spain, Jardi Botanic de Valencia: VAL
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- Herbario SANT, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, SANT herbarium vascular plant collection
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Institute of Genetics, ROIS, Herbarium Specimens of Museum of Nature and Human Activities, Hyogo Pref., Japan
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Botanical Society of the British Isles - Vascular Plants Database
- US National Plant Germplasm System, United States National Plant Germplasm System Collection
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- inatura - Erlebnis Naturschau Dornbirn, inatura - Erlebnis Naturschau Dornbirn
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2650623
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-5268
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:110213-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 21596
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 25864
- IUCN ID: 218321
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDFAB250N0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: LAOD
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 45360
- "Lathyrus". in Flora of Pakistan Page 275. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 265.010 meters (869.455 feet), Standard Deviation = 648.990 based on 236 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]