The Order Laurales is a member of the Class Magnoliopsida. Here is the complete "parentage" of Laurales:
- Domain: Eukaryota
Whittaker & Margulis,1978 - eukaryotes
- Kingdom: Plantae
Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae
Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Phylum: Tracheophyta Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae Cavalier-Smith, 1981 - Green Plants
- Kingdom: Plantae Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
The Order Laurales is further organized into finer groupings including:
- Family (5): Calycanthaceae · Gomortegaceae · Hernandiaceae · Lauraceae · Monimiaceae
- Species: ZipcodeZoo has pages for 7,832 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in the Order Laurales.
The Calycanthaceae (sweetshrub or spicebush family) is a small family of flowering plants included in the order Laurales. The family contains four genera and only 6-11 species, restricted to warm temperate and tropical regions: [more]
Gomortega keule (syn. G. nitida; Spanish names Keule, Queule and Hualhual) is a tree native to Chile. It is the sole species of the genus Gomortega and, according to the APG II system of 2003 (unchanged from the APG system of 1998), of the monotypic family Gomortegaceae, assigned to the order Laurales in the clade magnoliids. [more]
Hernandiaceae is the botanical name for a family of flowering plants. Such a family has been recognised by most taxonomists. [more]
The Lauraceae or Laurel family comprises a group of flowering plants included in the order Laurales. The family includes about 55 genera with perhaps as many as 4000 species world-wide, mostly from warm or tropical regions, especially Southeast Asia and South America. Most are aromatic evergreen trees or shrubs, but one or two genera, including Sassafras are deciduous, and Cassytha is a genus of parasitic vines. [more]
Monimiaceae is a family of flowering plants, which includes 150-220 species of shrubs and small trees in 18-25 genera. They are native to the southern hemisphere tropics and subtropics. The largest genus is Tambourissa, with 50 species in Madagascar, the Mascarene Islands, and the Comoros. The type genus, , is endemic to the Macarenes. [more]
At least 719 species and subspecies belong to the Family Monimiaceae.
More info about the Family Monimiaceae may be found here.
- The text on this page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Photographs on this page are copyrighted by individual photographers, and individual copyrights apply.
- The GMapImageCutter is used under license from the UCL Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis.
- The technology underlying this page, including the Image Browser and controls behind Keep Exploring, is owned by the BayScience Foundation. All rights are reserved.