Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Ashy Storm-Petrel, Fork-tailed Storm-Petrel, Fork-tailed Petrel, Fork-tailed Storm Petrel, Oceanodroma Homochroa
Common Names in French:
Oc, OcÃ©anite Ã queue fourchue, Océanite à queue fourchue
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Japanese:
Species Oceanodroma furcata
Length : 7.5 inches Wingspan: 18 inches
Typically found in water with a depth of 0 to -100 meters (0 to -328 feet).
The Fork-tailed Storm-petrel breeds
on offshore islands in grassy
areas, on rocky hillsides or amongst trees
- sometimes far from sea1.
It generally forages
on continental shelves2,3,
closer to the shore
Despite foraging in nearshore areas, chicks frequently go unfed for
several nights4. Its diet
comprises mainly of planktonic
crustaceans, small fish and squid, and it can feed
on the wing
List of Habitats :
- 4 Grassland
- 4.4 Grassland - Temperate
- 6 Rocky areas (eg. inland cliffs , mountain peaks)
- 9 Marine Neritic
- 9.1 Marine Neritic - Pelagic
- 9.2 Marine Neritic - Subtidal Rock and Rocky Reefs
- 9.3 Marine Neritic - Subtidal Loose Rock/pebble/gravel
- 9.4 Marine Neritic - Subtidal Sandy
- 9.5 Marine Neritic - Subtidal Sandy-Mud
- 9.7 Marine Neritic - Macroalgal/Kelp
- 9.9 Marine Neritic - Seagrass (Submerged)
- 10 Marine Oceanic
- 10.1 Marine Oceanic - Epipelagic (0-200m)
- 10.2 Marine Oceanic - Mesopelagic (200-1000m) [more info]
Mostly: Fish Aquatic Invertebrates
- Breeding Habitat : N/A
- Nest Location: N/A
- Nest Type: N/A
- Clutch Size: 1
- Length of Incubation : 46-51(37-68) days
- Days to Fledge : 51-61
- Number of Broods: 1
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - Auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Oceanodroma furcata (Gmelin 1789) • Oceanodroma furcata (J. F. Gmelin, 1789)
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 13-Jun-2007
Shearwaters are much larger. Other storm petrels are much darker.
Members of the genus Oceanodroma
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 24 species and subspecies in this genus:
(Band-Rumped Storm Petrel) · O. castro castro (Band-Rumped Storm Petrel) · (Fork-Tailed Storm-Petrel) · (Fork-Tailed Storm-Petrel) · (Fork-Tailed Storm-Petrel) · (Oceanodroma Homochroa) · (Hornby's Storm Petrel) · (Leach's Storm-Petrel) · O. leucorhoa beali (Leach's Storm-Petrel) · (Leach's Storm-Petrel (Chapman's)) · (Leach's Storm-Petrel (Ainley's)) · (Leach's Storm-Petrel (Leach's)) · (Leach's Storm-Petrel (Townsend's)) · O. leucorhoa willetti (Leach's Storm-Petrel) · (Guadalupe Storm-Petrel) · (Markham's Storm-Petrel) · (Matsudaira's Storm-Petrel) · (Black Storm-Petrel) · (Least Storm-Petrel) · (Swinhoe's Storm-Petrel) · (Monteiro's Storm-Petrel) · (Wedge-Rumped Storm-Petrel) · (Galapagos Storm Petrel) · (Tristram's Storm-Petrel)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A List of British birds / London: British Ornithologists' Union, 1915. url .
- A birdlover's year. London: Nash, 1915. url p. 33.
- A catalogue of Canadian birds with notes on the distribution of the species / by Montague Chamberlain. Saint John, N.B.: J. McMillan, 1887. url , p. 16.
- A catalogue of Canadian birds, By Montague Chamberlain. Saint John, N.B., J. & A. McMillan, 1887. url p. 136, p. 136, p. 16, p. 16.
- A catalogue of Canadian birds: with notes on the distribution of the species / Saint John, N.B.: J. & A. McMillan, 1887. url .
- A check list of North American birds. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, 1882. url p. 127.
- A check list of North-American birds by Elliott Coues. Salem, Mass.: F.W. Putnam, 1879. url .
- A hand-book to the birds of Great Britain / by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London: E. Lloyd, 1896-1897. url p. 140.
- A hand-list of the birds of Japan, by M. Ogawa. [Tokyo]1908. url p. 339.
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url p. 393.
- A list of British birds, comp. by a committee of the British ornithologists' union. London: British ornithologists' union, 1915. url p. 282, p. 397.
- A manual of North American birds. By Robert Ridgway. Illustrated by 464 outline drawings of the generic characters. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott company, 1896. url p. 70.
- A manual of North American birds. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott Co., 1900. url p. 70.
- A systematic list of the birds of California / by Joseph Grinnell. Hollywood: Cooper Ornithological Club, 1912. url p. 7.
- American bird magazine, ornithology. Worcester, Mass.: C.K. Reed, 1903-1906. url p. 212.
- American ornithology, for home and school. [Worcester, Mass.: Charles K. Reed], 1901-. url p. 212.
- Annual report of the Commissioner of Fisheries to the Secretary of Commerce for the fiscal year ended. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1914-1940. url p. 106.
- Beached marine birds and mammals of the North American West Coast: a manual for their census and identification / by David G. Ainley. .. [et al.] Pt. Reyes Bird Observatory; with drawings by Helen C. Strong; performed for National Coastal Ecosystems Team, Office of Biological Services, Fish and Wildlife Service [Washington, D.C.]: For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O.,  url p. 122.
- Biology and conservation of the common murre in California, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia / editors, David A. Manuwal. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, - url p. 104.
- Bird lore. New York City: Macmillan Co., c1899-c1940. url p. 280, p. 423.
- Bird-lore. New York, National Association of Audubon Societies. url p. 280, p. 280, p. 423.
- Birds of America; editor-in-chief, T. Gilbert Pearson; consulting editor, John Burroughs; artists, R.I. Brasher, R. Bruce Horsfall [and] Henry Thurston. 1 1923 New York, The University Society, 1923. url figure , p. 86.
- Birds of California: an introduction to more than three hundred common birds of the state and adjacent islands, with a supplementary list of rare migrants, accidental visitants, and hypothetical subspecies / Chicago: A.C. McClurg, 1912, c1903. url .
- Birds of California; an introduction to more than three hundred common birds of the state and adjacent islands, with a supplementary list of rare migrants, accidental visitants, and hypothetical subspecies, Chicago, A.C. McClurg, 1916. url .
- Birds of Oregon, by Ira N. Gabrielson. .. and Stanley G. Jewett. .. Corvallis, Or., Pub. by Oregon State College through the O.S.C. Cooperative Association[c1940] url .
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url , p. 125, p. 132, p. 134, p. 183, p. 31, p. 316, p. 331, p. 337, p. 375, p. 55, p. 97, p. 98.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 204.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 59 1915 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 368, p. 368.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 119.
- Catalog of California seabird colonies / by Arthur L. Sowls. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: Coastal Ecosystems Project, Office of Biological Services, Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior: 1980. url p. 20, p. iii.
- Catalogue of British Columbia birds. Victoria, B. C., Printed by R. Wolfenden, 1904. url , p. 11.
- Catalogue of Canadian birds / by John Macoun and James M. Macoun. Ottawa: Canada Dept. of Mines, Geological Survey Branch, 1909. url p. 65.
- Catalogue of Canadian birds, Ottawa, Government Printing Bureau, 1909. url .
- Catalogue of Canadian birds, by John Macoun. .. and James M. Macoun. .. Ottawa, Government printing bureau, 1909. url p. 65.
- Catalogue of birds of the Americas and the adjacent islands in Field Museum of Natural History. Charles E. Hellmayr, Boardman Conover. 13 1948 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1948. url p. 104, p. 105.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 688.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 688.
- Catalogue of the Birds in the British Museum. London, 1874-98. url p. 357.
- Catalogue of the aquatic and fish-eating birds exhibited by the United States National Museum / by Robert Ridgway Washington: G.P.O., 1883. url p. 45.
- Check list of British Columbia birds. Victoria, B. C., R. Wolfeenden, Printer to the Queen, 1891. url .
- Check-list of North American birds / prepared by a committee of the American ornithologists' union. Lancaster, Pa.: The Union, 1931. url p. 13.
- Check-list of North American birds, New York, American ornithologists' union, 1910. url .
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 20, p. 669, p. 681.
- Check-list of North American birds: the species of birds of North America from the Arctic through Panama, including the West Indies and Hawaiian Islands / prepared by the Committee on Classification and Nomenclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.: American Ornithologists' Union, 1983. url p. 28.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 117, p. 75.
- Checklist of British Columbia birds, by John Fannin. Victoria, B.C., Printed by R. Wolfenden url p. 7.
- Color key to North American birds, with bibliographical appendix, by Frank M. Chapman. .. with upwards of 800 drawings, by Chester A. Reed, B.S. New York, D. Appleton & Company, 1912. url p. 260, p. 260.
- Color key to North American birds; with bibliographical appendix. New York, D. Appleton, 1912. url .
- Conservation of marine birds of northern North America: papers from the international symposium held at the Seattle Hyatt House, Seattle, Washington, 13-15 May 1975 / edited by James C. Bartonek and David N. Nettleship; sponsored by Natural Resources Council of America. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, 1979. url p. 107, p. 13, p. 36, p. 53, p. 73, p. 76, p. 84, p. 85, p. 99.
- Cruise of the revenue steamer Corwin in Alaska and the N. W. Arctic ocean in 1881. .. Notes and memoranda. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1883. url p. 113, p. 113.
- Cruise of the revenue-steamer Corwin in Alaska and the N.W. Arctic Ocean in 1881: notes and memoranda: medical and anthropological, botanical, ornithological. Washington: G.P.O., 1883. url p. 113.
- Ecology and conservation of the marbled murrelet / [technical editors, C. John Ralph. .. et al.]. Albany, Calif.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station,  url p. 323.
- Eggs of North American birds by Chas. J. Maynard. Boston: De Wolfe, Fiske, 1890. url .
- Eggs of North American birds; by Chas. J. Maynard. Illustrated with ten hand-colored plates. Boston, De Wolfe, Fiske & co., 1890. url p. 16.
- Fauna of the Aleutian Islands and Alaska Peninsula, by Olaus J. Murie. Invertebrates and fishes collected in the Aleutians, 1936-38, by Victor B. Scheffer. Washington, Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 1959 url , p. 355, p. 48.
- Field book of birds of the southwestern United States, by sqther E. Wyman. .. and Elizabeth F. Burnell. .. Boston, Houghton Mifflin Company, 1925. url p. 30, p. 303.
- Field ornithology. Comprising a manual of instruction for procuring, preparing and preserving birds, and a check list of North American birds Salem [Mass.]Naturalists' Agency, 1874 url p. 111.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 49.
- Guide to taxidermy, by Chas. K. Reed and Chester A. Reed. Illustrated by drawings and photographs of mounted specimens by the authors and Mr. N. F. Stone. Worcester, Mass., C.K. Reed, 1914. url p. 241.
- Hand-book to the birds of Great Britain. London, Allen, 1894-97. url p. 140, p. 140.
- Handbook of birds of the western United States: including the Great Plains, Great Basin, Pacific Slope, and lower Rio Grande Valley / by Florence Merriam Bailey. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1915, c1902. url p. 37, p. 486, p. 495.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 105, p. 120, p. 131, p. 440, p. 504, p. 576, p. 577, p. 579.
- Key to North American birds. Containing a concise account of every species of living and fossil bird at present known from the continent north of the Mexican and United States boundary, inclusive of Greenland and Lower California Boston, Estes and Lauriat, 1896. url , p. 893.
- Life histories of North American diving birds; order Pygopodes. New York, Dodd, Mead, 1946. url p. 134.
- Life histories of North American petrels and pelicans and their allies: order Tubinares and order Steganopodes / Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1922. url .
- Memoirs of the Museum of Comparative Zoölogy, at Harvard College, Cambridge, Mass. Cambridge [Mass.]: The Museum, 1876-1940. url p. 413, fig. in text, page 413.
- Nests and eggs of North American birds: with a chapter on ornithological and oölogical collecting (the preparation of skins, nests and eggs for the cabinet). Toronto: Musson url p. 55.
- North American birds eggs. New York: Dover Pub, . url p. 346, p. 52.
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url , p. 127, p. 251, p. 355, p. 39, p. 48, p. 51, p. 51, p. 54, p. 61, p. 84.
- Ootheca Wolleyana: an illustrated catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs, begun by the late John Wolley, jun.. .. and continued with additions, by the editor, Alfred Newton. .. London, sold by R. H. Porter, 1864-1907. url p. 661.
- Our living resources: a report to the nation on the distribution, abundance, and health of U.S. plants, animals, and ecosystems / [edited by], Edward T. LaRoe. .. [et al.]. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, National Biological Service, 1995. url p. 498, p. 524.
- Pacific coast avifauna / Cooper Ornithnological Club of California. Santa Clara, Calif.: The Club, 1900-1974. url p. 119, p. 15, p. 15, p. 162, p. 19, p. 19, p. 28, p. 58, p. 64, p. 67, p. 7, p. 72, p. 91, p. 91.
- Proceedings - California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 15, p. 16, p. 177, p. 20, p. 463, p. 62, p. 66.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 15, p. 16, p. 177, p. 20, p. 62, p. 64, p. 66.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 10 1887 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 125, p. 210, p. 254, p. 259, p. 269, p. 278, p. 41, p. 693, p. 9, p. viii.
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 274.
- Provincial Museum of Natural History and Enthnology. Victoria, B.C., Printed by Richard Wolfenden, 1909. url p. 26.
- Report on the progress and condition of the U.S. National Museum for the year ending June 30. .. / Smithsonian Institution, United States National Museum. Washington: G.P.O., 1907-1951. url p. 125.
- Report upon natural history collections made in Alaska: between the years 1877 and 1881 / by Edward W. Nelson; edited by Henry W. Henshaw; prepared under the direction of the chief signal officer. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1887. url p. 27.
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Washington, A. O. P. Nicholson, printer [etc.]1855-60. url , .
- Results of a biological reconnoisance of the Yukon river region. General account of the region. Annotated list of mammals. By Wilfred H. Osgood. Annotated list of birds. By Louis B. Bishop. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1900. url p. 61.
- Results of a biological reconnoissance of the Yukon River region prepared under the direction of C. Hart Merriam. Washington: G.P.O., 1900. url .
- Results of the second joint U.S.-U.S.S.R. Bering Sea Expedition Summer 1984 [Moscow?]: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; 1990 url p. 196, p. 197.
- Revue méthodique et critique des collections déposées dans cet établissement. Leyden, Rijksmuseum van Natuurlijke Historie. url p. 114, p. 3.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 56 1912 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 10, p. 17, p. 210.
- Special scientific report. Seattle, National Marine Fisheries Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1949-1971. url p. 109, p. 37.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 6.
- The Aleutian islands: their people and natural history (with keys for the identification of the birds and plants) City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1945. url p. 77.
- The American oologists' exchange price list of North American birds' eggs, 1922 / compiled by a committee of twenty-five prominent American oologists. Lacon, Ill.: R. Magoon Barnes, 1922. url p. 45.
- The Auk. Washington, D.C.: American Ornithologists' Union, etc., 1884- url p. 125, p. 125, p. 158, p. 230, p. 235, p. 300, p. 303, p. 352, p. 355, p. 403, p. 410, p. 466, p. 467, p. 485, p. 90.
- The Canadian bird book: illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred north American birds, also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs / by Chester A. Reed. Toronto: Musson Book Co., c1914. url p. 462.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 11, p. 175, p. 197, p. 224, p. 433, p. 46, p. 503, p. 532, p. 554, p. 579, p. 6, p. 638, p. 676, p. 778.
- The Coues check list of North American birds [Elliott Coues]. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, 1882. url .
- The Journal of the Museum of Comparative Oology. Santa Barbara, Calif.: The Museum, 1919-1922 url p. 23.
- The Marine Mammal Commission compendium of selected treaties, international agreements, and other relevant documents on marine resources, wildlife, and the environment / compiled by Richard L. Wallace. Washington, D.C.: The Commission; 1994 url p. 3480.
- The Osprey. Galesburg, Ill.: The Osprey Co., 1897-1902. url p. 100.
- The Warbler. Floral Park: Mayflower Pub. Co., [1903-1913] url p. 69.
- The bird book, illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred North American birds, also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs, Worcester, Mass., C. K. Reed, 1914. url .
- The bird book: illustrating in natural colors more than seven hundred North American birds; also several hundred photographs of their nests and eggs / by Chester A. Reed. Garden City, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1915. url p. 462, p. 68.
- The birds of North America: one hundred and nineteen artistic colored plates representing the different species and varieties drawn and colored from nature: including a copious text giving a popular account of their habits and 1903 New York: Published under the auspices of the Natural Science Association of America, 1903. url , p. 160.
- The birds of South Africa, by Arthur C. Stark. .. London: R. H. Porter, 1900-1906. url p. 467.
- The birds of Washington: a complete, scientific and popular account of the 372 species of birds found in the state / by William Leon Dawson, assisted by John Hooper Bowles. Illustrated by more than 300 original half-tones of birds in life, nests, eggs, and favorite haunts, from photographs by the author and others, Seattle: Occidental Pub. Co., 1909. url p. 871.
- The birds of Washington; a complete, scientific and popular account of the 372 species of birds found in the state, by William Leon Dawson, assisted by John Hooper Bowles. Illustrated by more than 300 original half-tones of birds in life, nests, eggs, and favorite haunts, from photographs by the author and others, Seattle: The Occidental Pub. Co., 1909. url p. 871.
- The code of nomenclature and check-list of North American birds adopted by the American Ornithologists' Union; being the report of the Committee of the Union on Classification and Nomenclature. New York, 1886. url p. 104, p. 104, p. 104.
- The condor. Santa Clara, Calif.: Cooper Ornithological Club, [1900- url p. 248.
- The fur seals and fur-seal islands of the North Pacific ocean. Washington, Govt. Print. Off.1898-99. url , , , , .
- The game birds of California. .. by Joseph Grinnell, Harold Child Bryant and Tracy Irwin Storer. 1918 Berkeley, University of California Press, 1918. url p. 626.
- The new natural history, by Richard Lydekker. .. and R. Bowdler Sharpe, H.A. MacPherson, F.O. Pickard-Cambridge, W.R. Ogilvie Grant, C.J. Gahan, F.A. Bather, Edgar A. Smith, R.I. Pocock, M. Bernard, H. Bernard and R. Kirkpatr New York, Merrill and Baker[189-?] url p. 529.
- The new natural history. New York, Merrill, c1901. url p. 2300.
- The oologists' hand-book: 1885 catalogue of American birds' eggs, and oological supplies, with prices at which they may be obtained of / Frank H. Lattin. Rochester (N.Y.): John P. Smith, Printer, 1885. url p. 59.
- The royal natural history / edited by Richard Lydekker; with preface by P.L. Sclater; illustrated with seventy-two coloured plates and sixteen hundred engravings by W. Kuhnert. .. [et al.]. London: F. Warne, 1893-1896. url p. 529.
- The royal natural history. With pref. by P. L. Sclater. Illustrated with 72 col. plates and 1600 engravings. London, F. Warne, 1893-96. url p. 529.
- The summer birds of Yakutat Bay, Alaska / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum of Zoology], 1939. url p. 7.
- The water birds of North America. By S. F. Baird, T. M. Brewer and R. Ridgway. Issued in continuation of the publications of the Geological survey of California. J. D. Whitney, state geologist. Boston, Little, Brown, and Company, 1884. url p. 413.
- Transactions of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 3 1919 [San Diego]: The Society, 1905-1989. url p. 6.
- University of California publications in zoology. Berkeley: University Press, 1906- url p. 363, p. 369, p. 435.
- Vertebrate life / Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Prentice Hall, c1996. url p. 580, p. 786.
- Zoe:a biological journal. 3 1892 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 137.
- BirdLife International 2004. In IUCN 2008. 2008 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCNRedList.org. Downloaded July 18, 2008.
- BirdLife International 2009. Oceanodroma furcata. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 02February2012.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 9, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 12, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 9 providers.
- Hines, J. E., Gregory Gough, J. R. Sauer, et al. USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
- Peterson, Alan P. Zoological Nomenclature Resource. Accessed June 19, 2009.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Sauer, J. R., J. E. Hines, and J. Fallon. 2005. The North American Breeding Bird Survey, Results and Analysis 1966 - 2004. Version 2005.2. USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, Laurel, MD
- Sauer, J. R., S. Schwartz, and B. Hoover. 1996. The Christmas Bird Count Home Page. Version 95.1. USGS Patuxent Wildlife Research Center, Laurel, MD
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal March 12, 2008:
- Avian Knowledge Network: eBird
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility: Provincial Museum of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada. Birds (Aves)
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility: Royal British Columbia Museum
- Canadian Museum of Nature: Canadian Museum of Nature Bird Collection
- EMAN Provider: PIROP (Shipboard Surveys)
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: SEAMAP - marine mammals, birds and turtles
- Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University: MCZ Ornithology Collection
- Museum of Vertebrate Zoology: Terrestrial vertebrate specimens
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History: Santa Barbara Musem of Natural History
- University of Alaska Museum of the North: MSB Birds Specimens
- University of Michigan Museum of Zoology (UMMZ): Bird specimens
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 9097
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-174625
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2481187
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 174625
- IUCN ID: 227499
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: ABNDC04010
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 5515
- Mean = 28.630 meters (93.930 feet), Standard Deviation = 45.500 based on 131,918 observations. Ocean depth information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]
- BirdLife International 2009. Oceanodroma furcata. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloaded on 02 February 2012. [back]