Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Czech:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Common Names in French:
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Hebrew:
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Russian:
Common Names in Spanish:
Common Names in Swedish:
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,806 meters (0 to 15,768 feet).
List of Habitats
- 1 Forest
- 1.4 Forest - Temperate
- 4 Grassland
- 4.4 Grassland - Temperate
- 14 Artificial/Terrestrial
- 14.1 Artificial/Terrestrial - Arable Land
- 14.2 Artificial/Terrestrial - Pastureland
- 14.5 Artificial/Terrestrial - Urban Areas [more info]
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Gauthier, 1986
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Pycraft, 1900
- Sibley et al., 1988
- Order: Passeriformes () - C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Superorder: Passerimorphae () - Sibley et al., 1988
- Cohort: Neognathae () - Pycraft, 1900
- Infraclass: Aves () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Subclass: Avialae () - Gauthier, 1986
- Class: Aves () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 17-Oct-2001
Members of the genus Corvus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 103 species and subspecies in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
(White-Necked Raven) · (Pied Crow) · (Little Crow) · C. boreus (Relict Raven) · (American Crow) · (American Crow) · (American Crow) · (American Crow) · (Cape Crow) · (Cape Crow) · (North-Western Crow) · (Northern Raven) · C. corax canariensis (Northern Raven) · C. corax clarionensis (Northern Raven) · (Northern Raven) · C. corax laurenci (Common Raven) · (Common Raven (Northern)) · (Common Raven (Southwestern)) · (Northern Raven) · (Hooded Crow) · (Hooded Crow) · (Hooded Crow) · (Hooded Crow) · (Carrion Crow) · C. corone; cornix (Hooded Crow) · C. corone cornix (Hooded Crow) · (Carrion Crow) · (Carrion Crow) · (Australian Raven) · (Australian Raven) · (Thick-Billed Raven) · (Chihuahuan Raven) · C. culminatus (Indian Jungle Crow) · C. culminatus culminatus (Indian Jungle Crow) · (Daurian Jackdaw) · (Somali Crow) · (Slender-Billed Crow (Slender-Billed)) · (Slender-Billed Crow) · (Slender-Billed Crow) · (Slender-Billed Crow) · (Slender-Billed Crow) · (Slender-Billed Crow (Violet)) · (Flores Crow) · (Rook) · (Rook) · (Rook) · (Brown-Headed Crow) · (Brown-Headed Crow) · (Hawaiian Crow) · (Tamaulipas Crow) · C. insularis (Bismarck Crow) · (Jamaican Crow) · (Mariana Crow) · (White-Necked Crow) · C. levaillantii (Eastern Jungle Crow) · (Large-Billed Crow (Large-Billed)) · (Large-Billed Crow) · (Large-Billed Crow (Indian Jungle)) · (Large-Billed Crow) · (Large-Billed Crow (Eastern)) · (Large-Billed Crow) · (Large-Billed Crow) · C. macrorhynchos mandshuricus (Large-Billed Crow) · (Large-Billed Crow) · (Bougainville Crow) · (Little Raven) · C. minutus (Cuban Palm Crow) · (Eurasian Jackdaw) · (Eurasian Crow) · (Jackaw) · (New Caledonian Crow) · (Cuban Crow) · C. newtoni (Reunion Cuckoo-Shrike) · (Torresian Crow (Torresian)) · (Torresian Crow (Bismarck)) · (Torresian Crow) · (Torresian Crow) · (Fish Crow) · (Hispaniolan Palm Crow) · (Palm Crow (Cuban)) · (Palm Crow (Hispaniolan)) · (Fan-Tailed Raven) · C. rhipidurus stanleyi (Fan-Tailed Raven) · (Brown-Necked Raven) · C. ruficollis ruficollis (Brown-Necked Raven) · (Sinaloa Crow) · (House Crow) · C. splendens Colombo Crow (House Crow) · C. splendens maledivicus (House Crow) · (House Crow) · (House Crow) · (Forest Raven) · (Forest Raven) · (Collared Crow) · (Gray Crow) · C. tropicus (Hawaiian Crow) · (Piping Crow) · (Banggai Crow) · (Long-Billed Crow) · C. violaceus (Violet Crow)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- , 274 p.port.22 cm. url p. 74.
- A List of British birds / London: British Ornithologists' Union, 1915. url , .
- A List of British birds / London: John Van Voorst, 1883. url .
- A List of birds' eggs in the collection of Mr. William Stoate, Wembdon, Bridgewater. [188-?] url p. 19.
- A catalogue of the collection of birds formed by the late Hugh Edwin Strickland. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1882. url p. 284.
- A concise handbook of British birds / H. Kirke Swann. London: J. Wheldon, 1896. url p. 94.
- A dictionary of birds, London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 795.
- A dictionary of birds, by Alfred Newton, assisted by Hans Gadow, with contributions from Richard Lydekker. .. Charles S. Roy. .. and Robert W. Shufeldt. .. London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 116, p. 795, p. 795.
- A geographical and comparative list of the birds of Europe and North America / by Charles Lucian Bonaparte. London: J. Van Voorst, 1838. url p. 27.
- A glossary of Greek birds, by D'Arcy Wentworth Thomoson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1895. url p. 157.
- A glossary of Greek birds. OxfordClarendon Press1895 url p. 157.
- A glossary of popular, local and old-fashioned names, of British birds; London: H. Sotheran & Co., 1902. url p. 10, p. 24, p. 90.
- A hand-book to the birds of Great Britain / by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London: E. Lloyd, 1896-1897. url p. 4.
- A hand-list of British birds, with an account of the distribution of each species in the British Isles and abroad. By Ernst Hartert, F. C. R. Jourdain, N. F. Ticehurst and H. F. Withersby. London, Witherby, 1912. url p. 2.
- A handbook of British birds, showing the distribution of the resident and migratory species in the British islands, with an index to the records of the rarer visitants, by J.E. Harting. .. London, J.C. Nimmo, 1901. url , p. 97.
- A handbook of British birds: showing the distribution of the resident and migratory species in the British islands, with an index to the records of the rarer visitants / by J. E. Harting. London: J. van Voorst, 1872. url p. 184, p. 184, p. 31, p. 31.
- A handbook of European birds for the use of field naturalists and collectors. By James Backhouse. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1890. url p. 121.
- A handbook of the vertebrate fauna of Yorkshire: being a catalogue of British mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and fishes / by Wm. Eagle Clarke, and Wm. Denison Roebuck. London: Reeve, 1881. url p. 36, p. 36.
- A history of British birds / by William Yarrell, V.P.L.S., F.Z.S. London: John van Voorst, 1871-1885. url p. 289, p. 289.
- A history of British birds, London, Pub. for the author by R. H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url .
- A history of British birds, indigenous and migratory: including their organization, habits, and relations; remarks on classification and nomenclature; an account of the principal organs of birds, and observations relative to practical ornithology. .. By William Macgillivray. .. London, Printed for Scott, Webster, and Geary, 1837-1852 url , p. 20, p. 303, p. 481, p. 535, p. 538, p. 540, p. 542, p. 544, p. 546, p. 548, p. 658, p. 763.
- A history of British birds, with coloured illustrations of their eggs. By Henry Seebohm. .. London, Pub. for the author by R.H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url p. 549.
- A history of British birds. London, J. Van Voorst, 1871-85. url p. 289.
- A history of the birds of Europe, not observed in the British Isles / by C. R. Bree. London: G. Bell & Sons, 1875-1876. url p. 151.
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url , , p. 521, p. 534, p. 551.
- A key to the birds of the lower Yangtse Valley, with popular descriptions of the species commonly seen. By N. Gist Gee. .. and Lacy I. Moffett. Shanghai, Shanghai Mercury Limited, Print., 1917. url p. 194.
- A list of British birds / compiled by a committee of the British Ornithologists' Union. London: J. van Voorst, 1883. url , p. 70.
- A list of British birds, comp. by a committee of the British ornithologists' union. London: British ornithologists' union, 1915. url p. 4.
- A list of British birds. The genera arranged according to Sundevall's method. The nomenclature revised by Henry Thornton Wharton. London, J. Van Voorst, 1877. url p. 9.
- A list of European birds, including all those found in the western palaearctic area, with a supplement containing species said to have occurred, but which, for various reasons, are inadmissible. London, R.H. Porter, 1898. url p. 30.
- A list of European birds: including all species found in the western palaearctic region: the nomenclature carefully revised / by Henry E. Dresser. London: H.E. Dresser, 1881. url p. 19.
- A manual of British ornithology: being a short description of the birds of Great Britain and Ireland. .. / by William Macgillivray. .. London: Scott, Webster, and Geary, 1840-1842. url p. 106, p. 107, p. 12.
- A manual of British vertebrate animals: or Descriptions of all the animals belonging to the classes, Mammalia, Aves, Reptilia, Amphibia, and Pisces, which have been hitherto observed in the British Islands: including the domesticated, natur By the Rev. Leonard Jenyns. Cambridge, Printed by J. Smith, sold by J. & J.J. Deighton; [etc., etc.]1835. url p. 146.
- A manual of forestry. London, Bradbury, Agnew, 1889-96. url p. 114.
- A manual of forestry. LondonBradbury, Agnew1906-25 url p. 130.
- A manual of palæarctic birds, by H. E. Dresser. London, The author, 1902-03. url , .
- A natural history of the nests and eggs of British birds / by the Rev. F.O. Morris. London: John C. Nimmo, 1896. url p. 101.
- A pocket-book of British birds, by E.F.M. Elms. London: West, Newman & co. [etc.], 1906. url p. 56.
- A popular history of British birds' eggs / by Richard Laishley. London: L. Reeve, 1858. url p. 81.
- A practical handbook of British birds, edited by H.F. Witherby. .. London, Witherby, 1920-24. url p. 15, p. 15.
- A spring and summer in Lapland / by "an old bushman." London: Groombridge, 1871. url p. 274.
- A student's text-book of zoology, by Adam Sedgwick. .. London, Macmillan Co., 1898-1909. url p. 477.
- A study of the incubation periods of birds; what determines their lengths, Denver, Col., The Kendrick-Bellamy Co., 1917. url .
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 247.
- A tour in Sutherlandshire, with extracts from the fieldbooks of a sportsman and naturalist. By Charles St. John... With woodcuts. London: J. Murray, 1849. url p. 344.
- A tour in Sutherlandshire: with extracts from the field-books of a sportsman and naturalist / with an Appendix on the fauna of Sutherland by J.A. Harvie-Brown and T.E. Buckley. Edinburgh, Douglas, 1884. url p. 344.
- A treatise on zoology London, A. and C. Black, 1900-1909 url p. 348.
- A vertebrate fauna of the Orkney Islands / by Thomas E. Buckley and J.A. Harvie-Brown. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1891. url p. 127.
- A year with the birds / by W. Warde Fowler; with illustrations by Bryan Hook. London: Macmillan, 1891. url p. 264.
- A year with the birds, Oxford, B. H. Blackwell, 1886. url .
- A year with the birds, by W. Warde Fowler. .. With illustrations by Bryan Hook. London, New York: Macmillan and co., 1891. url p. 264.
- A year with the birds; by W. Warde Fowler. .. illustrations by Bryan Hook. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1914. url p. 264.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 12, p. 172, p. 23, p. 23, p. 240, p. 246, p. 247, p. 25, p. 256, p. 27, p. 30, p. 31, p. 32, p. 34, p. 39, p. 40, p. 40, p. 51, p. 54, p. 63, p. 82, p. 90, p. 99.
- Among British birds in their nesting haunts: illustrated by the camera / by Oswin A. J. Lee. Edinburgh: David Douglas, [1896-9?] url p. 89, p. 91.
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 140.
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. Illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1825. url p. 1148.
- An encyclopædia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1827. url p. 1148.
- An introduction to the natural history of birds; being the article "Ornithology", from the seventh edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica. .. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1839. url p. 646.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 188, p. 58, p. 58.
- Anatomischer Anzeiger. Jena: G. Fischer, 1886- url p. 378, p. 40, p. 579, p. 94.
- Animal parasites and messmates. By P. J. van Benden. .. With eighty-three illustrations. New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1876. url p. 234.
- Animal parasites and messmates. New York, D. Appleton and Co., 1876. url .
- Annals of natural history. London, R. and J.E. Taylor, url p. 291, p. 291, p. 353, p. 353.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 281.
- Annual report of the New York Zoological Society. New York: The Society, 1897- url p. 173, p. 173, p. 212, p. 212.
- Ardea. Amsterdam, etc., Nederlandse Ornithlogische Unie, etc. url p. 195, p. 43.
- Bibliographia zoologiæ et geologiæ. A general catalogue of all books, tracts, and memoirs on zoology and geology. By Prof. Louis Agassiz. .. Cor., enl. and ed. by H.E. Strickland. .. London, Ray Society, 1848-1854. url p. 413.
- Bird life in arctic Norway: a popular brochure / by Robert Collett; translated by Alfred Heneage Cocks. London: H.R. Porter, 1894. url p. 32, p. iv, p. vii.
- Bird lore. New York City: Macmillan Co., c1899-c1940. url p. 102, p. 197, p. 49.
- Bird's nests. London, Society for promoting Christian knowledge url p. 183.
- Bird-keeping. A practical guide for the management of singing and cage birds. By C. E. Dyson. London, F. Warne and co., 1889. url p. 30.
- Bird-life of the borders on moorland and sea, with faunal notes extending over forty years. By Abel Chapman. With coloured map, and numerous illustrations. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1907. url p. 149.
- Bird-lore. New York, National Association of Audubon Societies. url p. 102, p. 197, p. 49, p. 49, p. 77.
- Birds / by A.H. Evans. London: Macmillan, 1899 (1909 printing). url p. 552, p. 599.
- Birds from Moidart and elsewhere / [by] Mrs. Hugh Blackburn. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1895. url p. 91.
- Birds of Britain, London, A. and C. Black, 1907. url .
- Birds of Britain, by J. Lewis Bonhote. .. with 100 illustrations in colour selected by H.E. Dresser from his Birds of Europe.' London: A. and C. Black, 1907. url , p. 165.
- Birds of Great Britain and Ireland. by Arthur G. Butler; illustrated by H. Gro?nvold and F.W. Frohawk. Hull; Brumby & Clarke, [1907?-1908?]. url .
- Birds of Marlborough; being a contribution to the ornithology of the district, by Everard F. Im Thurn. With an appendix. Marlborough, Perkins, "Times" office; [etc., etc.]1870. url p. 35.
- Birds of the British Isles, drawn and described by John Duncan; with an introd. by Charles Dixon. London, W. Scott, 1898. url p. 4.
- Birds of the Humber District / by John Cordeaux. London: Van Voorst, 1872. url p. 63.
- Birds of the plains, by Douglas Dewar. .. with sixteen illustrations from photographs of living birds, by Captain F. D. S. Fayrer, I. M. S. London, J. Lane;1909  url p. 241, p. 241.
- Birds of the world for young people, New York, F.A. Stokes Company url .
- Birds useful and birds harmful, by Ottó Herman. .. and J. A. Owen. Manchester, University press, 1909. url p. 45, p. 9.
- Birds. By Eugene W. Oates. London: Taylor and Francis; [etc., etc.], 1889-98. url p. 18.
- Birds. London, Taylor and Francis, 1889-1898. url .
- Birds; a miscellaneous collection of 37 pamphlets about birds. Collected and privately bound by Alvin Seale, 1914. v.p., 1910-1913 url p. 42, p. 61.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 32.
- Britain's birds and their nests / described by A. Landsborough Thomson; with introduction by J. Arthur Thomson, illustrated by George Rankin. London: W. & R. Chambers, 1910. url p. 240.
- British birds & their eggs: with a new method of identification / London: W. & R. Chambers, 1909. url .
- British birds and their eggs: with a new method of identification / by J. Maclair Boraston. London: W. & R. Chambers, 1909. url .
- British birds in their haunts / by the Rev. C. A. Johns; with illustrations on wood, drawn by Wolf, engraved by Whymper. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1867. url p. 249.
- British birds in their haunts / edited, revised and annotated, by J.A. Owen; illustrated with 64 coloured plates (256 figures) by William Foster; with a glossary of common and provincial names and of technical terms. London: G. Routledge url p. 68.
- British birds in their haunts, by the late Rev. C.A. Johns. .. ed., rev., and annotated, by J.A. Owen. .. Illustrated with 64 coloured plates (256 figures) by William Foster. .. With a glossary of common and provincial names and te London, E.P. Dutton & Co., 1909. url p. 68.
- British birds with their nests and eggs London, Brumby & Clarke[1896-98] url , .
- British birds' eggs and nests, popularly described / by Rev. Canon Atkinson; illustrated by W.S. Coleman. London: G. Routledge, 1898. url p. 125.
- British birds' eggs and nests: popularly described / By J. C. Atkinson; with coloured illustrations by W. S. Coleman. London; G. Routledge and Sons, 1870. url p. 87.
- British birds' nests, how, where, and when to find and identify them, by Richard Kearton, F. Z. S. Illustrated from photographs by Cherry and Richard Kearton, with coloured and Rembrandt plates. London, Cassell and Company, Limited, 1908. url p. 329.
- British birds, London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url , p. 168.
- British birds, by W. H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F.R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url .
- British birds, by W.H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F. R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1895. url p. 168.
- British birds. London, Witherby & Co. url p. 126, p. 134, p. 254, p. 302, p. 306, p. 48.
- British birds: key list. London, R. H. Porter, 1892. url p. 11.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url p. 4.
- British nesting birds: a complete record of every species which nests in the British Isles / by W. Percival Westell. London: J.M. Dent, 1910. url p. 10, p. 89.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 218, p. 220, p. 256, p. 292, p. 330, p. 34, p. 355, p. 403.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information. Additional Series. Royal Gardens, Kew. 5 1906 [Kew, Surrey: Royal Botanic Gardens], 1898-1936; url p. 7.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 166, p. 202, p. 231, p. 242, p. 32, p. 332, p. 389.
- Bulletin of the British Ornithologists' Club. London: The Club, 1893- url p. 126, p. 170, p. 171, p. 197, p. 85.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 101 1948 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 181, p. 506, p. 629.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 3.
- By meadow, grove and stream: an introduction to nature study / by Henry Hilton Brown. .. London: Religious Tract Society, [1907?] url , p. 93.
- Cassell's book of birds: From the text of Dr. Brehm / London, Cassell, Petter and Galpin, [1875?] url p. 264.
- Catalogue of British Birds in the Collection of the British Museum / by G.R. Gray. London, 1863. url p. 7, p. 87.
- Catalogue of British birds in the collection of the British Museum. London, Printed by order of the trustees, 1863. url .
- Catalogue of birds of the Americas and the adjacent islands in Field Museum of Natural History. by Charles E. Hellmayr. 13 1934 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1934. url p. 1.
- Catalogue of museum of natural history and miscellaneous antiquities, curios, &c., collected by Rev. Donald Miller. Bordighera, Italy, Manse Printing Press url p. 21.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 279, p. 311, p. 441, p. 452, p. 656, p. 732, p. 79, p. 836, p. 89, p. 973.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 279, p. 311, p. 441, p. 452, p. 656, p. 732, p. 79, p. 836, p. 89, p. 973.
- Catalogue of the Birds in the British Museum. London, 1874-98. url p. 10.
- Catalogue of the Collection of Birds' Eggs in the British Museum / By E. W. Oates [and afterwards] by S. G. Reid [and] W. R. Ogilvie-Grant. London, 1901-12. url p. 453.
- Catalogue of the birds of New Zealand with diagnoses of the species. By Frederick Wollaston Hutton. Wellington, N.Z., J. Hughes, printer, 1871. url p. 57.
- Catalogue of the birds of Suffolk, with an introduction and remarks on their distribution. London, J. Van Voorst, 1884-86. url p. 90.
- Catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs in the British Museum (Natural History) London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1901-12. url p. 453.
- Catalogue of the genera and subgenera of birds contained in the British Museum. London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1855. url p. 64.
- Catalogue of the species of Entozoa, or intestinal worms, contained in the collection of the British Museum [by William Baird] LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees1853 url p. 121.
- Check-list and bibliography on the occurrence of insects in birds' nests. Ames, Iowa State College Press url p. 174, p. 176, p. 221, p. 299, p. 424, p. 425, p. 59.
- Check-list of North American birds / prepared by a committee of the American ornithologists' union. Lancaster, Pa.: The Union, 1931. url p. 227.
- Check-list of North American birds, New York, American ornithologists' union, 1910. url .
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 380.
- Check-list of North American birds: the species of birds of North America from the Arctic through Panama, including the West Indies and Hawaiian Islands / prepared by the Committee on Classification and Nomenclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.: American Ornithologists' Union, 1983. url p. 508, p. 785.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 267.
- Coloured figures of the birds of the British Islands / issued by Lord Lilford. London: R. H. Porter, 1885-1897. url p. 90, p. 91.
- Conservation of marine birds of northern North America: papers from the international symposium held at the Seattle Hyatt House, Seattle, Washington, 13-15 May 1975 / edited by James C. Bartonek and David N. Nettleship; sponsored by Natural Resources Council of America. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service, 1979. url p. 158.
- Contributions to the flora and fauna of Repton and neighbourhood. London, Bemrose, 1881. url p. 84.
- Country rambles, and Manchester walks and wild flowers: being rural wanderings in Cheshire, Lancashire, Derbyshire, & Yorkshire, by Leo H. Grindon. Manchester, Palmer & Howe, 1882. url p. 272.
- Cuvier's animal kingdom: arranged according to its organization / translated from the French, and abridged for the use of students by H. McMurtrie... London: Orr and Smith, 1834. url p. 132.
- Darwinism: an exposition of the theory of natural selection, with some of its applications / by Alfred Russel Wallace. London; Macmillan, 1891. url p. 2, p. 482.
- Darwinism; an exposition of the theory of natural selection, with some of its applications, by Alfred Russel Wallace. London and New York, Macmillan and co., 1889. url p. 2, p. 482.
- Development and evolution, New York [etc.]The Macmillan company, 1902. url p. 358.
- Development and evolution, including psychophysical evolution, evolution by orthoplasy, and the theory of genetic modes, by James Mark Baldwin. New York, Macmillan Co., 1902. url p. 358.
- Development and evolution. New York: Macmillan, 1902. url p. 358.
- Diseases and enemies of poultry / by Leonard Pearson and B.H. Warren. [Harrisburg, Pa.]: C.M. Busch, 1897. url p. 590.
- Diseases and enemies of poultry. Pearson & Warren. Harrisburg, C.M. Busch, state printer, 1897 url p. 590.
- Diseases of poultry part 1 / by Leonard Pearson. Enemies of poultry: part 2 / by B.H. Warren. Harrisburg, Pa.: C.M. Busch, state printer, 1897. url .
- Einleitung in die Entomologie: oder Elemente der Naturgeschichte der Insecten / Von Wilhelm Kirby und Wilhelm Spence. Stuttgart: Cottaischen Buchhandlung, 1823-1833. url p. 318.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url , , p. 1070, p. 354, p. 657, p. 753.
- Familiar wild birds / by W. Swaysland; with coloured plates. 1 1883 London; New York: Cassell, 1883. url figure , p. 166, p. 29.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 162.
- Fifty common birds of China, n.p., 192-? url .
- Fleas, flukes & cuckoos; a study of bird parasites, by Miriam Rothschild and Theresa Clay. New York, Macmillan, 1957. url p. 303.
- Flora of Marlborough; with notices of birds and a sketch of the geological features of the neighborhood. .. London, J. Van Voorst, 1863. url p. 110.
- Genera insectorum / publiés par P. Wytsman. Bruxelles, L. Desmet-Verteneuil [etc.]1902-1970. url p. 31.
- Geographical distribution of British birds / by Henry Seebohm. London: R.H. Porter, 1893. url , p. 32.
- Guide to the birds of Europe and North Africa. With a biographical memoir by William Eagle Clarke. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1923. url p. 3.
- Guide to the birds of the Caucasus. Tiflis, 1907. url p. 4.
- Hampstead Hill: its structure, materials and sculpturing / by J. Logan Lobley; with The flora of Hampstead, by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F. A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Haring. London: Roper and Drowley, 1889. url p. 91.
- Hampstead Hill; its structure, materials, and sculpturing. With The flora of Hampstead by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F.A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Harting. LondonRoper and Drowley1889 url p. 91.
- Hand-book to the birds of Great Britain. London, Allen, 1894-97. url p. 4.
- Handbook for Southport: medical and general, with copious notices of the natural history of the district / edited by Edward Day McNicoll. Southport [Eng.]: R. Johnson, 1883. url p. 96.
- Handbook of birds of eastern North America; with introductory chapters on the study of birds in nature, London, D. Appleton and Company, 1912. url .
- Handbook to the natural history of Cambridgeshire, ed. by J.E. Marr. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. Cambridge, University press, 1904. url p. 91.
- Handlist of the birds of Egypt by M.J. Nicoll. Cairo, Government Press, 1919. url p. 40.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 119, p. 219, p. 259, p. 265, p. 35.
- Harmsworth's Universal encyclopedia, written by the leading authorities in every branch of knowledge and edited by J.A. Hammerton. London, Educational Bk. Co.[n.d.] url p. 6693.
- Heligoland as an ornithological observatory; the result of fifty years' experience, Edinburgh, D. Douglas, 1895. url p. 206.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 431.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 10, p. 105, p. 121, p. 135, p. 135, p. 140, p. 161, p. 190, p. 191, p. 224, p. 230, p. 248, p. 275, p. 279, p. 281, p. 288, p. 299, p. 3, p. 328, p. 329, p. 332, p. 341, p. 349, p. 354, p. 36, p. 369, p. 371, p. 378, p. 384, p. 40, p. 404, p. 415, p. 429, p. 435, p. 441, p. 449, p. 477, p. 49, p. 498, p. 5, p. 529, p. 57, p. 571, p. 59, p. 6, p. 64, p. 65, p. 672, p. 677, p. 708.
- Illustrations of British ornithology. By Prideaux John Selby. Edinburgh: Printed for the proprietor, and pub. by W. H. Lizars; [etc., etc.], 1833. url p. 353.
- Index faunæ Novæ Zealandiæ / edited by F.W. Hutton. London: Dulau & Co., 37 Soho Square, 1904 url p. 348.
- Index faunæ Novæ Zealandiæ, ed. by F.W. Hutton, F.R.S. Pub. for the Philosophical Institute of Canterbury, New Zealand. London, Dulau & Co., 1904. url p. 348.
- Index-catalogue of the birds in the Hancock collection. [Newcastle-upon-Tyne]Printed for the Natural History Society, 1899. url p. 25.
- Instructions to young sportsmen in all that relates to guns and shooting. London, Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1830. url p. 228.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 10, p. 117, p. 81.
- Island life; or, the phenomena and causes of insular faunas and floras, including a revision and attempted solution of the problem of geological climates, by Alfred Russel Wallace. London, Macmillan, 1880. url p. 37.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 452.
- Jottings about birds / by Charles Dixon. London: Chapman and Hall, 1893. url p. 171, p. 171, p. 202, p. 202, p. 49.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 4 1908 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 66.
- Journal of the Federated Malay States Museums. Kuala Lumpur: the Museums, 1905-1936. url p. 319.
- Journal of the Royal Institution of Cornwall. Truro, Eng., Workers of Cornwall Ltd. url p. 125, p. 76.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. London: The Society, 1857-1864. url p. 40, p. 9.
- Kalm's account of his visit to England: on his way to America in 1748 / London; Macmillan, 1892. url .
- Key to North American birds containing a concise account of every species of living and fossil bird at present known from the continent north of the Mexican and United States boundary, inclusive of Greenland / by Elliott Coues. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, 1884. url .
- Key to North American birds. Containing a concise account of every species of living and fossil bird at present known from the continent north of the Mexican and United States boundary, inclusive of Greenland and Lower California Boston, Estes and Lauriat, 1896. url , p. 206, p. 838.
- Leach's Systematic catalogue of the specimens of the indigenous mammalia and birds in the British Museum. Ed. by Osbert Salvin. London: [Printed by R. and A. Taylor], 1882. url p. 18.
- Lectures on the Darwinian theory delivered by the late Arthur Milnes Marshall / New York: The Macmillan company, 1894. url .
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 433, p. 591.
- List of the birds in the Indian Museum. Pt. 1. Families Corvidae, Paradiseidae, Ptilomorhnchidae and Crateropodidae. By F. Finn. Calcutta, 1901. url p. 3.
- List of the birds of India. 78 p.24 cm. url p. 33.
- List of the birds of North Wales, compiled for the use of Gymdeithas Llafar, Gwlad. .. Mold, 1891. url p. 10.
- List of the specimens of the British animals in the collection of the British Museum / [edited by J.E. Gray] LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees1852- url p. 46.
- List of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. London, Printed for the Society, 1896. url p. 292, p. 292.
- Lord Lilford on birds: being a collection of informal and unpublished writings by the late president of the British Ornithologists' Union. With contributed papers upon falconry and otter hunting, his favourite sports. Edited by Aubyn Trevor-Battye and illustrated by Archibald Thorburn. London, Hutchinson, 1903. url p. 151.
- Loudon's Natural History. Popular descriptions, tales and anecdotes of more than five hundred animals. London, G. Bell and sons, 1889. url p. 269.
- Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology. London: printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1829-1837. url p. 142, p. 170, p. 179, p. 179, p. 241, p. 284, p. 423, p. 424, p. 663.
- Manual of British birds: including the essential characteristics of the orders, families, genera, and species. London: Printed for Adam Scott, 1846. url p. 106, p. 107, p. 12.
- Manual of the birds of Iceland / by Henry H. Slater. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1901. url p. 23, p. 24, p. 24.
- Melton and homespun: nature and sport in prose and verse / by J.M.M.B. Durham ("Marshman") and R.J. Richardson; illustrated by R.J. Richardson. London: Chapman and Hall, 1913. url p. 223.
- Memorial edition of Thomas Bewick's works. London, B. Quaritch, 1885-87. url p. 78, p. iv.
- Memories of the months. Fifth series, by the Right Hon. Sir Herbert Maxwell, bart. London: E. Arnold, 1909. url p. 34.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 179, p. 66, p. 68.
- Migration of birds. by Frederick C. Linclon; revised by Steven R. Peterson; associate editor Peter A. Anastasi; illustrated by Bob Hines. Washington: Dept. of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service: for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1979. url p. 117.
- Monitore zoologico italiano. [Siena]: Instituto anatomico della R. Università di Siena, [1890-1988] url p. 191.
- Monographia anoplurorum Britanniae or An essay on the British species of parasitic insects belonging to the order of Anoplura of Leach, with the modern divisions of the general according to the views of Leach, Nitzsch, and Burmeister, by Henry Denny. . London: H. G. Bohn, 1842 url p. 199, p. 213, p. 223, p. 41, p. 64.
- My garden, its plan and culture together with a general description of its geology, botany, and natural history, by Alfred Smee. .. Illustrated with one thousand two hundred and fifty engravings. London, Bell and Daldy, 1872. url p. 541.
- My life as a naturalist, by W. Percival Westell. London, Cecil Palmer and Hayward[c1918] url p. 85.
- Natural history of Selborne & observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. New York, Appleton, 1895. url p. 219, p. 231.
- Natural history of Selborne, and observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. Toronto: Musson Book Co., 1904. url , p. 218.
- Natural history of the animal kingdom for the use of young people: in three parts, comprising I. Mammalia: II. Birds: Part III. Reptiles, amphibia, fishes, insects, worms, molluscs, zoophytes, &c.: with 91 coloured plates, including about 850 figures, and numerous adapted from the German of Professor von Schubert by W.F. Kirby. 1889 Brighton: E. & J.B. Young and Co., 1889. url plate IX.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 752, p. 752.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 18, p. 300, p. 337.
- Nether Lochaber: the natural history, legends, and folk-lore of the West Highland. Edinburgh, W. Paterson, 1883. url .
- Notes on sport and ornithology, by his imperial and royal highness the late crown prince Rudolph of Austria. Tr with the author's permission, by C. G. Danford. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url p. 621.
- Notes on sport and ornithology. Translated with the author's permission, by C. G. Danford. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url p. 621.
- Notes on the birds of Herefordshire, contributed by members of the Woolhope Club. Collected and arranged by the late Henry Graves Bull.
- Notes on the birds of Kent / by R.J. Balston, C.W. Shepherd, and E. Bartlett. London: R.H. Porter, 1907. url p. 220, p. 221.
- Notes on the birds of Northamptonshire and neighbourhood / Lord Lilford; illustrated by A. Thorburn and G.E. Lodge. London: Porter, 1895. url p. 221, p. 221.
- Notes on the birds of Rainham, including the district between Chatham and Sittingbourne. London, Curney & Jackson, 1894. url p. 43.
- Observations in natural history: with an introduction on habits of observing, as connected with the study of that science; also a calendar of periodic phenomena in natural history; with remarks on the importance of such registers / by the Rev. Leonard Jenyns. London: John van Voorst, 1846. url p. 140.
- On the anatomy of vertebrates. LondonLongmans, Green1866-68 url p. 848.
- Oologia neerlandica: eggs of birds breeding in the Netherlands / by A.A. van Pelt Lechner. The Hague: Nijhoff, 1910-1913 [i.e. 1911-1913]. url p. 20, p. 3.
- Ootheca Wolleyana: an illustrated catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs, begun by the late John Wolley, jun.. .. and continued with additions, by the editor, Alfred Newton. .. London, sold by R. H. Porter, 1864-1907. url p. 504.
- Ornithological rambles in Sussex: with a systematic catalogue of the birds of that country, and remarks on their local distribution / by A.E. Knox. London:J. Van Voarst, 1850. url p. 212.
- Ornithologisches Centralblatt. Leipzig: L.A. Kittler, 1876-82. url p. 10, p. 111, p. 137.
- Our Irish song birds / by Charles William Benson. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis; 1901. url p. 200.
- Our country's birds and how to know them. A guide to all the birds of Great Britain. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent[1892?] url , , , .
- Our resident birds and how to know them / E.F.M. Elms. London: T. Butterworth,  url p. 20, p. 20.
- Partridges and partridge manors, by Aymer Maxwell, with 16 illustrations in colour by George Rankin. London, A. & C. Black, 1911. url p. 204, p. 204.
- Physiological chemistry. By Professor C.G. Lehmann. .. Tr. by George E. Day. .. London, Printed for the Cavendish Society, by Harrison and Son, 1851-54. url p. 426.
- Proceedings - Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society. Dorchester, Eng. url p. 261.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 141.
- Proceedings of the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston [etc.]Boston Society of Natural History. url p. 45.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco, The Academy. url p. 525.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 11.
- Proceedings of the International Ornithological Congress. [Canberra, etc.]Australian Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 201, p. 280, p. 360, p. 59, p. 646.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url , , p. 139, p. 163, p. 263, p. 55.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 21, p. 406.
- Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh. Edinburgh: The Society, 1858-1955 url p. 125, p. 402, p. 68.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 18 1895 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 456, p. 571, p. 600, p. 610.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url , , , p. 1034, p. 12, p. 133, p. 171, p. 249, p. 258, p. 305, p. 40, p. 42, p. 42, p. 477, p. 516, p. 628, p. 663, p. 683, p. 683, p. 685, p. 689, p. 70, p. 712, p. 770.
- Rambles of a naturalist in Egypt & other countries. With an analysis of the claims of certain foreign birds to be considered British, and other ornithological notes. London, Jarrold[1876?] url .
- Records of the Indian Museum. Calcutta: Pub. by order of the trustees of the Indian Museum, . 1907-1962. url p. 236.
- Reptiles and birds, a popular account of their various orders: with a description of the habits and economy of the most interesting / by Louis Figuier; edited and adapted by Parker Gillmore. New York: D. Appleton, 1870. url p. 507.
- Reptiles and birds. A popular account of the various orders; with a description of the habits and economy of the most interesting. Springfield, Mass., W.J. Holland[pref. 1869] url , p. 507.
- Reptiles and birds: a popular account of the various orders; with a description of the habits and economy of the most interesting / by Louis Figuier; edited by Parker Gillmore. Springfield, Mass.: W.J. Holland,  url p. 507.
- Researches in zoology, illustrative of the structure, habits, and economy of animals. London, John Van Voorst, 1873. url .
- Revised list of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological society of London. 1872. London, Printed for the Society,  url p. 160.
- Revue méthodique et critique des collections déposées dans cet établissement. Leyden, Rijksmuseum van Natuurlijke Historie. url p. 27, p. 272.
- Rural bird life: being essays on ornithology with instructions for preserving objects relating to that science / by Charles Dixon; with forty-five illustrations and a preface by Elliott Coues. Boston: Estes and Lauriat, c1880. url .
- Scenes and tales of country life with recollections of natural history / by Edward Jesse. London: J. Murray, 1844. url p. 170.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 106, p. 223, p. 41, p. 65.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 513, p. 621.
- Sex and internal secretions. Contributors: A. Albert [and others] Foreword by George W. Corner. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1961. url p. 1531.
- Siberia in Europe: a visit to the valley of the Petchora, in north-east Russia; with descriptions of the natural history, migration of birds, etc. By Henry Seebohm. ... London, J. Murray, 1880. url p. 103.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 22 1882 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 238, p. 404.
- Some account of the fauna and flora of Sinai, Petra, and Wa?dy 'Arabah, London, Pub. for the Committee of the Palestine exploration fund by A. P. Watt, 1891. url .
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 15, p. 277, p. 281, p. 283, p. 313, p. 315, p. 317, p. 365, p. 369, p. 553, p. 569, p. 594.
- Stray feathers. Journal of ornithology for India and its dependencies. Calcutta: s.n., 1872-1899. url p. 105, p. 126, p. 157, p. 270, p. 341, p. 69, p. 80, p. 81, p. 86.
- Studies in bird migration, London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url .
- Studies in bird migration, by William Eagle Clarke. .. with maps, weather charts, and other illustrations. .. London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url p. 268, p. 331.
- Studies in forestry; being a short course of lectures on the principles of sylvi-culture delivered at the Botanic garden, Oxford. OxfordClarendon Press1894 url p. 318.
- Supplement to the code of nomenclature and check-list of North American birds. adopted by the American Ornithologists' Union; prepared by a Committee of the Union. New York: The Union, 1889-1920. url p. 348.
- Territory in bird life, by H. Eliot Howard, with illustrations by G. E. Lodge and H. Grönvold. New York, E. P. Dutton, 1920. url .
- Territory in bird life. London, J. Murray, 1920. url .
- The American oologists' exchange price list of North American birds' eggs, 1922 / compiled by a committee of twenty-five prominent American oologists. Lacon, Ill.: R. Magoon Barnes, 1922. url p. 68.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url , p. 102, p. 11, p. 11, p. 11, p. 149, p. 149, p. 169, p. 169, p. 205, p. 205, p. 339, p. 339, p. 373, p. 486, p. 517, p. 539, p. 539, p. 74, p. 92, p. 92, p. vi.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 114, p. 12, p. 135, p. 136, p. 136, p. 139, p. 143, p. 145, p. 146, p. 148, p. 148, p. 155, p. 156, p. 16, p. 16, p. 181, p. 202, p. 210, p. 217, p. 226, p. 26, p. 70, p. 72, p. 76, p. 81, p. 82, p. 95.
- The Auk. Washington, D.C.: American Ornithologists' Union, etc., 1884- url p. 101, p. 151, p. 201, p. 261, p. 280, p. 330, p. 343, p. 348, p. 359, p. 8.
- The Avicultural magazine. Ascot, Berkshire, etc.: Avicultural Society, etc. url p. 198, p. 279, p. 80.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 332, p. 352.
- The British cyclopædia of natural history: combining a scientific classification of animals, plants, and minerals. .. By authors eminent in their particular department. Arranged and ed. by Charles F. Partington. London: Orr & Smith, 1835-37. url p. 146.
- The Cambridge natural history, London, Macmillan and Co., Limited;1895-1909 url .
- The Cambridge natural history, ed. by S.F. Harmer. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. London, Macmillan and co., limited;1895-1909 url p. 552, p. 552.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 65 1951 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url campbell , p. 159, p. 316, p. 456.
- The Field naturalist's quarterly. Edinburgh: George A. Morton, 1902-1904. url p. 282, p. 314.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 315, p. 316.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1100.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 302, p. 334.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 130, p. 48, p. 98.
- The IUCN Invertebrate Red Data Book IUCN url p. 200.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 53, p. 88.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 101, p. 108, p. 223, p. 561, p. 601, p. 686, p. 690, p. 745, p. 794, p. 846, p. 851.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 433.
- The Marine Mammal Commission compendium of selected treaties, international agreements, and other relevant documents on marine resources, wildlife, and the environment / compiled by Richard L. Wallace. Washington, D.C.: The Commission; 1994 url p. 691.
- The Naturalist. 1892 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 127, p. 127, p. 128, p. 131, p. 133, p. 135, p. 136, p. 136, p. 137, p. 14, p. 151, p. 152, p. 156, p. 159, p. 162, p. 168, p. 178, p. 179, p. 182, p. 187, p. 189, p. 197, p. 283, p. 289, p. 291, p. 318, p. 346, p. 359, p. 360, p. 41, p. 47, p. 49, p. 96.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 308.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 179, p. 211, p. 24, p. 603.
- The Scottish naturalist. Arbroath [etc.]T. Buncle & Co. [etc.] url p. 116, p. 171, p. 171, p. 34.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 152.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 150.
- The Victoria history of the county of Kent; ed. by William Page. London, Constable, 1908- url p. 284.
- The animal kingdom arranged in conformity with its organization / by the Baron Cuvier; the Crustacea, Arachnides and Insecta, by P.A. Latreille; translated from the French, with notes and additions, by H. M'Murtrie; in four volumes, with plates. New York: G. & C. & H. Carvill, 1831. url p. 307.
- The animal kingdom, arranged according to its organization, serving as a foundation for the natural history of animals: and an introduction to comparative anatomy / Baron Cuvier. London, G. Henderson, 1834-37. url p. 277.
- The anthropological treatises of Johann Friedrich Blumenbach. .. London, Pub. for the Anthropological Society, by Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts, & Green, 1865. url p. 204.
- The balance of nature and modern conditions of cultivation: a practical manual of animal foes and friends for the country gentleman, the farmer, the forester, the gardener, and the sportsman / by George Abbey. London: E.P. Dutton, 1909. url p. 40.
- The biology of birds / by J. Arthur Thomson. New York: Macmillan, 1923. url p. 435.
- The bird-life of London / by Charles Dixon, with illustrations in colour and black and white. London: W. Heinemann, 1909. url .
- The birds of Berkshire and Buckinghamshire: a contribution to the natural history of the two counties / by Alexander W. M. Clark Kennedy. Eton: Ingalton and Drake; 1868. url p. 40.
- The birds of Berwickshire; with remarks on their local distribution migration, and habits, and also on the folk-lore, proverbs, popular rhymes and sayings connected with them, by George Muirhead. .. Edinburgh, David Douglas, 1889-95. url p. 337, p. 341.
- The birds of Breconshire / by E. Cambridge Phillips. .. Brecon [Eng.]: E. Davies, 1899. url p. 35.
- The birds of Britain: their distribution and habits / Cambridge [England]: Cambridge University Press, 1916. url .
- The birds of Calcutta, by Frank Finn. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink & co., 1904. url p. 8.
- The birds of India: being a natural history of all the birds known to inhabit continental India, with descriptions of the species, genera, families, tribes, and orders, and a brief notice of such families as are not foun Calcutta: Printed for the Author by the Military Orphan Press. .., 1862-1864. url p. 302.
- The birds of Middlesex. A contribution to the natural history of the county. By James Edmund Harting, F.Z.S. London, J. Van Voorst, 1866. url p. 98.
- The birds of Norfolk, with remarks on their habits, migration, and local distribution: by Henry Stevenson. London: J. Van Voorst, 1866-1890. url p. 264.
- The birds of Norfolk: with remarks on their habits, migration, and local distribution / by Henry Stevenson. London: J. Van Voorst, 1866-1890. url p. 264.
- The birds of Shakespeare; London, J. Van Voorst, 1871. url .
- The birds of Shakespeare; critically examined, explained, and illustrated, London, John Van Voorst, 1871. url .
- The birds of Sherwood Forest: with notes on their habits, nesting, migrations, etc., being a contribution to the natural history of the country / by W.J. Sterland; with four illustrations by the author. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1869. url p. 132.
- The birds of Somersetshire. London: John van Voorst, 1869. url p. 226.
- The birds of Sussex, London, R.H. Porter, 1891. url .
- The birds of Wiltshire. Comprising all the periodical and occasional visitants, as well as those which are indigenous to the county. By the Rev. Alfred Charles Smith. .. Devizes, H.F. Bull, 1887. url , p. 237.
- The birds of Yorkshire: being a historical account of the avi-fauna of the county / by T. H. Nelson; with the co-operation of W. Eagle Clarke and F. Boyes. London: A. Brown, 1907. url p. 249.
- The birds of our country. London, Digby, Long & Co., 1898. url p. 395, p. 83.
- The birds of our country. With illus. by A. Thorburn, J. Giacomelli, G.E. Lodge, K. Keyl, and R. Kretschmer. London, Digby, Long, 1897. url p. 395, p. 83.
- The birds of our rambles: with a companion for the country / by Charles Dixon; with illustrations by A. T. Elwes. London: Chapman and Hall, 1891. url p. 26.
- The birds of the Japanese Empire. London, R. H. Porter, 1890. url .
- The birds of the west of Scotland: including the outer Hebrides, with occasional records of the occurrence of the rarer species throughout Scotland generally / by Robert Gray. Glasgow: T. Murray & Son, 1871. url p. 179.
- The collected scientific papers of the late Alfred Henry Garrod, M.A., F.R.S. / edited, with a biographical memoir of the author, by W.A. Forbes. London: R.H. Porter, 1881. url p. 527.
- The determination of generic types: and a list of roundworm genera, with their original and type species / by Ch. Wardell Stiles and Albert Hassall. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Bureau of Animal Industry, 1905. url p. 51.
- The eggs of European birds / by Francis C.R. Jourdain. London: R.H. Porter, 1906. url , p. 11, p. 16.
- The feathered tribes of the British Islands / by Robert Mudie. London: H.G. Bohn, 1854. url p. 172, p. 437.
- The flora of Harrow: by J. Cosmo Melvill. Harrow, Green and Co.;1876. url p. 147.
- The food of birds in India, by C.W. Mason, edited by H. Maxwell-Lefroy. Calcutta, Imperial Dept. of Agric. in India, 1911. url p. 32.
- The food of some British wild birds: a study in economic ornithology. By Walter E. Collinge. .. London: Dulau & Co., 1913. url p. 106, p. 4, p. 96, p. vii.
- The geology of Arran and the other Clyde islands with an account of the botany, natural history, and antiquities, notices of the scenery and an itinerary of the routes, by James Bryce. .. GlasgowW. Collins, sons, and company, 1872. url p. 301.
- The gun; afield & afloat. London, Chapman, 1904. url p. 303.
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 34.
- The journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1832-1936 url p. 129, p. 129, p. 154, p. 154, p. 377, p. 85.
- The life and letters of Charles Darwin: including an autobiographical chapter / New York: D. Appleton, 1896. url p. 335.
- The microscopic miscellany; being selections from the Microscopic journal, containing the most recent facts, and important discoveries in human and comparative anatomy, zoology, botany, etc. developed by British and foreign microscopical observers, ed. by Daniel Cooper. London, 1847. url p. 144.
- The migration of British birds, including their post-glacial emigrations as traced by the application of a new law of disperal being a contribution to the study of migration, geographical distribution, and insular faunas, by Charles Dixon. London, Chapman and Hann, 1895. url p. 132, p. 177.
- The migration of birds, as observed at Irish lighthouses and lightships including the original reports from 1888-97, now published for the first time, and an analysis of these and of the previously pu together with an appendix giving the measurement sof about 1600 wings / London: R.H. Porter, [etc., etc., 1900] url p. 274, p. 36, p. 477, p. 522, p. 591, p. 98.
- The migration of birds: an attempt to reduce avian season-flight to law / by Charles Dixon. London: Chapman and Hall, 1892. url p. 125, p. 247.
- The migration of birds; a consideration of Herr G atke's views, London, R. H. Porter, 1897. url p. 78.
- The minstrelsy of the woods: or, Sketches and songs connected with the natural history of some of the most interesting British and foreign birds... London: Harvey, 1832. url .
- The museum of natural history, with introductory essay on the natural history of the primeval world: being a popular account of the structure, habits, and classification of the various departments of the animal kingdom, quadrupeds, birds, reptiles, fishes, shells, and insects, including the insects d by Sir John Richardson, William S. Dallas, T. Spencer Cobbold, and William Baird & Adam White. Edinburgh: William MacKenzie, [1869?] url p. 435.
- The myology of the raven (Corvus corax sinuatus.) A guide to the study of the muscular system in birds. By R. W. Shufeldt. London, Macmillan and co., 1890. url p. 306, p. 306, p. 332.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne, in the county of Southampton / by the Rev. Gilbert White London: Swan Sonnenschein, 1888 url .
- The natural history of Ireland. London: Reeve, Benham and Reeve, 1849-56. url p. 314.
- The natural history of Selborne: with a naturalist's calendar and additional observations. / by Gilbert White; with a preface by Richard Jefferies. London: W. Scott, 1887. url p. 302.
- The natural history of Selborne; with A naturalist's calendar & additional observations; with a pref. by Richard Jefferies. London: Scott, 1887. url p. 294, p. 295, p. 304.
- The natural history of animals: the animal life of the world in its various aspects and relations, London, The Gresham Publishing Company, 1903-04. url , , , , .
- The natural history of cage birds, their management, habits, food, diseases, treatment, breeding, and the methods of catching them. London, H.J. Drane url p. 307.
- The natural history of cage birds; their management, habits, food, diseases, treatment, breeding, and the methods of catching them. Edinburgh;W. & R. Chambers, 1845. url p. 307, p. 39.
- The natural history of the birds of Ireland, indigenous and migratory: containing descriptions of the habits, migrations, occurrence, and economy, of the 261 species comprised in the Fauna / by John J. Watters. Dublin: J. McGlashan, 1853. url p. 68.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , , .
- The naturalist's library. Conducted by Sir William Jardine. Edinburgh, W. H. Lizars; [etc., etc.]1833- url , p. 240.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url , p. 130, p. 148, p. 148, p. 150, p. 153, p. 160, p. 163, p. 164, p. 168, p. 216, p. 250, p. 253, p. 255, p. 258, p. 291, p. 329.
- The nests and eggs of British birds: when and where to find them: being a handbook to the oology of the British Islands / by Charles Dixon. London: Chapman and Hall, 1894. url p. 368, p. 7.
- The ornithological guide. .. London: Whittaker,  url p. 197.
- The ornithology of the Straits of Gibraltar / by L. Howard L. Irby. London: R.H. Porter, 1895. url p. 86.
- The popular natural history / New York, Burt Co.[1884?] url .
- The protection of woodlands against dangers arising from organic and inorganic causes. As rearranged for the fourth ed. of Kauschinger's Waldschutz. Authorised translation, with numerous notes by John Nisbet EdinburghD. Douglas1893 url p. 115.
- The river-side naturalist; notes on the various forms of life met with either in, on, or by the water, or in its immediate vicinity. Illus. with numerous woodcuts. London, Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1890. url p. 136.
- The structure and classification of birds, London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1898. url .
- The treasury of natural history; or, A popular dictionary of animated nature: in which the zoological characteristics that distinguish the different classes, genera, and species, are combined with a variety of interesting information illustrative of the habits, instincts, and g By Samuel Maunder. .. London, Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1852. url p. 581.
- The vertebrate fauna of Cheshire and Liverpool Bay / London: Witherby, 1910. url p. 248.
- Third American edition of the British encyclopedia, or Dictionary of arts and sciences: comprising an accurate and popular view of the present improved state of human knowledge / by William Nicholson. Philadelphia: Mitchell, Ames and White, 1818. url .
- Transactions and journal of proceedings / Dumfriesshire and Galloway Natural History & Antiquarian Society. Dumfries: Council of the Society, url p. 271.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 252.
- Transactions of Vassar Brothers Institute, and its Scientific Section. Poughkeepsie, N.Y.: Vassar Brothers Institute, [1883-1896]. url p. 155.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 456.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Naturalists' Field Club. Edinburgh: The Club, 1886. url p. 96, p. 96.
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url p. 137, p. 184, p. 238.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. London: [The Society], 1879- url p. 68, p. 68.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 167, p. 244, p. 297, p. 36, p. 368.
- Transactions of the Watford Natural History Society and Hertfordshire Field Club. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1875-1880. url p. 103, p. 233, p. 31, p. 37.
- Transactions of the Zoological Society of London. [London]: Published for the Zoological Society of London by Academic Press url p. 300, p. 349, p. 349, p. 48.
- Travels and traditions of waterfowl. Minneapolis, University of Minnesota Press url p. 288.
- Turner on birds: a short and succinct history of the principal birds noticed by Pliny and Aristotle first published by Doctor William Turner, 1544. Ed. with introduction, translation, notes, and appendix, by A. H. Evans. Cambridge, University press, 1903. url , p. 215, p. 65.
- Turner on birds; a short and succinct history of the principal birds notices by Pliny and Artistotle, Cambridge, University press, 1903. url , p. 65.
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Abteilung für Anatomie und Ontogenie der Tiere Jena [Germany]:G. Fischer, c -1993. url p. 165.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 11, p. 11, p. 129, p. 166, p. 1744, p. 18, p. 191, p. 200, p. 242, p. 242, p. 286, p. 2968, p. 371, p. 45, p. 46, p. 9782, p. 99.
- [Ornithological papers] 1876-84. url p. 219, p. 332, p. 378, p. 6.
- BirdLife International 2009. Corvus frugilegus. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 31January2012.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed April 30, 2012.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 28, 2007:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, Provincial Museum of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada. Birds
- Museum of Vertebrate Zoology, Terrestrial vertebrate specimens
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Herts Bird Club - Hertfordshire Breeding Bird Atlas : 1988-1992
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 4012
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-179738
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2494459
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 179738
- IUCN ID: 202175
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 138145