Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Common Raven, Northern Raven, american raven, holarctic raven, Mexican raven, Ravan, Raven, southwestern raven
Common Names in French:
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Hebrew:
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Russian:
Voron, Ворон, Ворон обыкновенный
Common Names in Spanish:
Cuervo, Cuervo Com, Cuervo comÃºn, cuervo común
Common Names in Swedish:
About 21 to 26 inches long, with a wingspan of 46 to 56 inches. Adults weigh about 43.2 ounces .
Vegetation: tropical lowland evergreen forest, pine forests, tropical deciduous forests, tropical lowland evergreen forest, second-growth forests and woodlands, northern temperate grasslands, arid montane scrubs, arid lowland scrubs • Maximum Elevation: 4,200 meters • Foraging Strata: Canopy • Center of Abundance: Upper subtropical: higher slopes, 500-1,600 m.; subtropics. • Sensitivity to Disturbance: Medium
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,467 meters (0 to 14,656 feet).
List of Habitats
- 1 Forest
- 1.4 Forest - Temperate
- 1.5 Forest - Subtropical/Tropical Dry
- 1.9 Forest - Subtropical/Tropical Moist Montane
- 3 Shrubland
- 3.5 Shrubland - Subtropical/Tropical Dry
- 3.7 Shrubland - Subtropical/Tropical High Altitude
- 4 Grassland
- 4.4 Grassland - Temperate
- 6 Rocky areas (eg. inland cliffs , mountain peaks)
- 14 Artificial/Terrestrial
- 14.6 Artificial/Terrestrial - Subtropical/Tropical Heavily Degraded Former Forest [more info]
Primarily: Carrion . Lesser Quantities of: Reptiles or Amphibians Eggs Insects Plant Matter
- Nest Location: Mid-story/canopy nesting
- Clutch Size: 3-7
- Length of Incubation : 18-21 days
- Days to Fledge : 38-44
- Number of Broods: 1
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Goodrich, 1930
- Linnaeus, 1758
- Gauthier, 1986
- (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Pycraft, 1900
- Sibley et al., 1988
- Order: Passeriformes () - C. Linnaeus, 1758
- Superorder: Passerimorphae () - Sibley et al., 1988
- Cohort: Neognathae () - Pycraft, 1900
- Infraclass: Aves () - (C. Linnaeus, 1758)
- Subclass: Avialae () - Gauthier, 1986
- Class: Aves () - Linnaeus, 1758
- Superclass: Tetrapoda () - Goodrich, 1930
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 24-Jun-1996
American Crow, Chihuahuan Raven
Members of the genus Corvus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 103 species and subspecies in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
(White-Necked Raven) · (Pied Crow) · (Little Crow) · C. boreus (Relict Raven) · (American Crow) · (American Crow) · (American Crow) · (American Crow) · (Cape Crow) · (Cape Crow) · (North-Western Crow) · (Northern Raven) · C. corax canariensis (Northern Raven) · C. corax clarionensis (Northern Raven) · (Northern Raven) · C. corax laurenci (Common Raven) · (Common Raven (Northern)) · (Common Raven (Southwestern)) · (Northern Raven) · (Hooded Crow) · (Hooded Crow) · (Hooded Crow) · (Hooded Crow) · (Carrion Crow) · C. corone; cornix (Hooded Crow) · C. corone cornix (Hooded Crow) · (Carrion Crow) · (Carrion Crow) · (Australian Raven) · (Australian Raven) · (Thick-Billed Raven) · (Chihuahuan Raven) · C. culminatus (Indian Jungle Crow) · C. culminatus culminatus (Indian Jungle Crow) · (Daurian Jackdaw) · (Somali Crow) · (Slender-Billed Crow (Slender-Billed)) · (Slender-Billed Crow) · (Slender-Billed Crow) · (Slender-Billed Crow) · (Slender-Billed Crow) · (Slender-Billed Crow (Violet)) · (Flores Crow) · (Rook) · (Rook) · (Rook) · (Brown-Headed Crow) · (Brown-Headed Crow) · (Hawaiian Crow) · (Tamaulipas Crow) · C. insularis (Bismarck Crow) · (Jamaican Crow) · (Mariana Crow) · (White-Necked Crow) · C. levaillantii (Eastern Jungle Crow) · (Large-Billed Crow (Large-Billed)) · (Large-Billed Crow) · (Large-Billed Crow (Indian Jungle)) · (Large-Billed Crow) · (Large-Billed Crow (Eastern)) · (Large-Billed Crow) · (Large-Billed Crow) · C. macrorhynchos mandshuricus (Large-Billed Crow) · (Large-Billed Crow) · (Bougainville Crow) · (Little Raven) · C. minutus (Cuban Palm Crow) · (Eurasian Jackdaw) · (Eurasian Crow) · (Jackaw) · (New Caledonian Crow) · (Cuban Crow) · C. newtoni (Reunion Cuckoo-Shrike) · (Torresian Crow (Torresian)) · (Torresian Crow (Bismarck)) · (Torresian Crow) · (Torresian Crow) · (Fish Crow) · (Hispaniolan Palm Crow) · (Palm Crow (Cuban)) · (Palm Crow (Hispaniolan)) · (Fan-Tailed Raven) · C. rhipidurus stanleyi (Fan-Tailed Raven) · (Brown-Necked Raven) · C. ruficollis ruficollis (Brown-Necked Raven) · (Sinaloa Crow) · (House Crow) · C. splendens Colombo Crow (House Crow) · C. splendens maledivicus (House Crow) · (House Crow) · (House Crow) · (Forest Raven) · (Forest Raven) · (Collared Crow) · (Gray Crow) · C. tropicus (Hawaiian Crow) · (Piping Crow) · (Banggai Crow) · (Long-Billed Crow) · C. violaceus (Violet Crow)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A List of British birds / London: British Ornithologists' Union, 1915. url .
- A checklist of the vertebrate animals of Kansas / George D. Potts, Joseph T. Collins. [Lawrence, Kan.]: Museum of Natural History, University of Kansas, 1991. url p. 14.
- A course of elementary practical bacteriology including bacteriological analysis and chemistry, by A.A. Kanthack and J.H. Drysdale. .. New York, Macmillan, 1896. url p. 184.
- A dictionary of birds, by Alfred Newton, assisted by Hans Gadow, with contributions from Richard Lydekker. .. Charles S. Roy. .. and Robert W. Shufeldt. .. London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 119, p. 119, p. 140, p. 140, p. 191, p. 191, p. 857, p. 876, p. 876.
- A distributional list of the birds of Arizona / Hollywood, Calif.: Cooper Ornithological Club, 1914. url .
- A geographic classification of Neotropical mammals. 36 1958 [Chicago]Chicago Natural History Museum, 1958. url p. 626.
- A geographical bibliography of British ornithology from the earliest time to the end of 1918, arranged under counties, being a record of printed books, published articles, notes and records relating to local avifauna, by W. H. Mullens, H. Kirke Swann, F. C. R. Jourdain. London, Witherby, 1920. url p. 534, p. 534, p. 534.
- A glossary of popular, local and old-fashioned names, of British birds; London: H. Sotheran & Co., 1902. url p. 10, p. 23, p. 85.
- A hand-book to the birds of Great Britain / by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London: E. Lloyd, 1896-1897. url p. 7, p. 8.
- A hand-list of British birds, with an account of the distribution of each species in the British Isles and abroad. By Ernst Hartert, F. C. R. Jourdain, N. F. Ticehurst and H. F. Withersby. London, Witherby, 1912. url .
- A hand-list of genera and species of birds of the Indian empire, by E. C. Stuart Baker. .. Bombay, Printed by order of the committee of the Bombay natural history society url p. 2.
- A hand-list of the birds of Japan, by M. Ogawa. [Tokyo]1908. url p. 402.
- A handbook of British birds, showing the distribution of the resident and migratory species in the British islands, with an index to the records of the rarer visitants, by J.E. Harting. .. London, J.C. Nimmo, 1901. url p. 500, p. 94.
- A history of North American birds / by S. F. Baird, T. M. Brewer, and R. Ridgway. Boston: Little, Brown, 1905. url p. 232, p. 234, p. 7.
- A history of the birds of Colorado, London, Witherby & Co., 1912. url , , .
- A list of British birds, comp. by a committee of the British ornithologists' union. London: British ornithologists' union, 1915. url , p. 356.
- A list of European birds, including all those found in the western palaearctic area, with a supplement containing species said to have occurred, but which, for various reasons, are inadmissible. London, R.H. Porter, 1898. url p. 30.
- A list of the birds of New Hampshire. By Glover M. Allen Manchester, N.H., Nature press, 1903. url p. 126, p. 199, p. 27.
- A list of the birds of eastern North America / by Charles B. Cory. Boston: For sale by B. Whidden, 1896. url p. 28.
- A manual of North American birds. By Robert Ridgway. Illustrated by 464 outline drawings of the generic characters. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott company, 1896. url p. 361, p. 618, p. 642, p. 646.
- A manual of North American birds. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott Co., 1900. url p. 361, p. 618, p. 634, p. 642, p. 646.
- A manual of palæarctic birds, by H. E. Dresser. London, The author, 1902-03. url , .
- A manual of the vertebrate animals of the northern United States, including the district north and east of the Ozark mountains, south of the Laurentian hills, north of the southern boundary of Virgini by David Starr Jordan. Chicago: A.C. McClurg, 1910. url p. 277, p. 377.
- A monograph of the pheasants / 1 1918 London, England: Published under the auspices of the New York Zoological Society by Witherby & Co., 1918-1922. url p. 58.
- A natural history of the nests and eggs of British birds / by the Rev. F.O. Morris. London: John C. Nimmo, 1896. url p. 95.
- A naturalist in Himalaya, by R. W. G. Hingston, with plates and text figures. London: H. F. & G. Witherby, 1920. url p. 269.
- A pocket list of the birds of eastern Massachusetts, with especial reference to Essex County, by Albert P. Morse. .. Salem, Mass., Peabody academy of science, 1912. url p. 56.
- A popular handbook of the birds of the United States and Canada / Boston: Little, Brown, 1921. url .
- A popular handbook of the ornithology of the United States and Canada: based on Nuttall's Manual / by Montague Chamberlain. Boston: Little, B., & Co., 1903. url p. 120.
- A practical handbook of British birds, edited by H.F. Witherby. .. London, Witherby, 1920-24. url , , p. 5, p. 5, p. 8, p. 8, p. 9, p. 9.
- A preliminary catalog of the birds of Missouri / St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis, 1907. url .
- A preliminary list of the birds found in Vermont / by George H. Perkins; assisted by Clifton D. Howe. Albany: Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford Co., 1901. url .
- A student's text-book of zoology / by Adam Sedgwick. London: S. Sonnenschein and co.; 1898-1909. url p. 477.
- A student's text-book of zoology, by Adam Sedgwick. .. London, Macmillan Co., 1898-1909. url p. 477.
- A study of the incubation periods of birds; what determines their lengths, Denver, Col., The Kendrick-Bellamy Co., 1917. url .
- A study of the structure of feathers, with reference to their taxonomic significance, by Asa C. Chandler. Berkeley, University of California press, 1916. url p. 381, p. 446.
- A supplementary list of the marine fishes of India: with descriptions of 2 new genera and 8 new species / Calcutta: Asiatic Society, 1897. url p. 566, p. 572.
- A text-book of agricultural zoology, and London, W. Blackwood and sons, 1899. url .
- A treatise on zoology London, A. and C. Black, 1900-1909 url p. 348.
- A year with the birds; by W. Warde Fowler. .. illustrations by Bryan Hook. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1914. url p. 264.
- American bird magazine, ornithology. Worcester, Mass.: C.K. Reed, 1903-1906. url p. 221.
- American ornithology, for home and school. [Worcester, Mass.: Charles K. Reed], 1901-. url p. 221.
- An ecological characterization of Coastal Maine (north and east of Cape Elizabeth) / Stewart I. Fefer and Patricia S. Schettig: principal investigators. Newton Corner, Mass.: Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Northeast Region, 1980. url , .
- Animal Ecology. Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall, 1961. url p. 462.
- Animal ecology, by Charles Elton; with an introduction by Julian S. Huxley. New York, Macmillan Co., 1927. url p. 202.
- Animal geography, the faunas of the natural regions of the Globe. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1913. url p. 27.
- Animal geography: the faunas of the natural regions of the globe / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1913. url .
- Animal life in the Yosemite; an account of the mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians in a cross-section of the Sierra Nevada, by Joseph Grinnell and Tracy Irwin Storer. .. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1924. url p. 392.
- Animal simples, approved for modern uses of cure / Bristol: John Wright & Co., ; 1899. url p. 406.
- Animate creation: popular edition of "Our living world": a natural history / by the Rev. J.G. Wood. New York: Selmar Hess, c1898. url p. 289.
- Animate creation; popular edition of "Our Living World" a natural history, by the Rev. J. G. Wood. Revised and adapted to American zoology, by Joseph B. Holder. New York, S. Hess url .
- Annotated list of birds of Wellesley and vicinity; comprising the land-birds and most of the inland water-fowl of eastern Massachusetts; by Albert Pitts Morse. .. Wellesley, Mass., The author, 1897. url p. 46.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 212.
- Annual report of the New York Zoological Society. New York: New York Zoological Society, 1897- url p. 172, p. 212, p. 212.
- Ardea. Amsterdam, etc., Nederlandse Ornithlogische Unie, etc. url p. 156, p. 191, p. 195, p. 68, p. 83.
- Biology and conservation of the common murre in California, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia / editors, David A. Manuwal. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, - url p. 15, p. 44.
- Biology of deserts: the proceedings of a symposium on the biology of hot and cold deserts organized by the Institute of Biology / edited by J.L. Cloudsley-Thompson. London: Institute of Biology; 1954. url p. 82.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 163, p. 185, p. 317, p. 364, p. 433, p. 449.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 5, October 1990: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN url p. 171.
- Bird blow flies (Protocalliphora) in North America (Diptera: Calliphoridae), with notes on the Palearctic species / Curtis W. Sabrosky, Gordon F. Bennett, and Terry L. Whitworth. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, c1989. url p. 236.
- Bird guide. by Chester A. Reed. Worcester, Mass., C. K. Reedc1909. url p. 59.
- Bird life and bird lore; by R. Bosworth Smith...with illustrations. London, John Murray, 1905. url p. 425, p. 76.
- Bird life in wild Wales, by J. A. Walpole-Bond. Illustrated with photographs by Oliver G. Pike. London: T. Fisher Unwin, 1904. url p. 18, p. 248.
- Bird life in wild Wales. Illustrated with photographs by Oliver G. Pike. London, T. F. Unwin, 1903. url p. 18, p. 248.
- Bird notes afield; essays on the birds of the Pacific coast with a field check list, by Charles Keeler; illustrated with reproductions of photographs. San Franciso and New York, P. Elder and company[1907, c1906] url p. 181.
- Bird-hunting through wild Europe / New York: D. Appleton, 1909. url .
- Bird-life of the borders on moorland and sea, with faunal notes extending over forty years. By Abel Chapman. With coloured map, and numerous illustrations. London, Gurney and Jackson, 1907. url p. 149.
- Birds / by A.H. Evans. London: Macmillan, 1899 (1909 printing). url p. 552, p. 555, p. 599.
- Birds / by E. C. Stuart Baker. London: Taylor & Francis, 1924-28. url p. 21.
- Birds in legend, fable and folklore, by Ernest Ingersoll... New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1923. url p. 155.
- Birds of Arkansas. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1911. url .
- Birds of Britain, London, A. and C. Black, 1907. url .
- Birds of Britain, by J. Lewis Bonhote. .. with 100 illustrations in colour selected by H.E. Dresser from his Birds of Europe.' London: A. and C. Black, 1907. url p. 161.
- Birds of California; an introduction to more than three hundred common birds of the state and adjacent islands, with a supplementary list of rare migrants, accidental visitants, and hypothetical subspecies, Chicago, A.C. McClurg, 1916. url .
- Birds of Great Britain and Ireland. by Arthur G. Butler; illustrated by H. Gro?nvold and F.W. Frohawk. Hull; Brumby & Clarke, [1907?-1908?]. url , p. 213.
- Birds of New York / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1914. url .
- Birds of New York / by Elon Howard Eaton. Albany: University of the State of New York, 1910-1914. url p. 212, p. 212.
- Birds of New York Albany, University of the State of New York, 1910-14 url p. 212.
- Birds of New York, Albany, University of the State of New York, 1910-14. url .
- Birds of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks / [United States]: Yellowstone Library and Museum Association in cooperation with National Park Service, U.S. Dept. of Interior, [19--] url , .
- Birds of eastern Canada / Ottawa: F.A. Acland, 1922. url .
- Birds of eastern Canada / by P. A. Taverner. Ottawa: Acland, 1922. url p. 162, p. 162.
- Birds of eastern Canada / by P.A. Taverner. Ottawa: Canada Dept. of Mines, Geological Survey, 1919. url p. 155.
- Birds of the British Empire / by Dr. W. T. Greene. London: Imperial Press, 1898. url p. 57.
- Birds of the Chukchi Peninsula and Wrangel Island = (Ptitsy Chukotskogo poluostrova i ostrova Vrangelya) / L.A. Portenko; translated from Russian [by P.M. Rao]. New Delhi: Published for the Smithsonian Institution and the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C., by Amerind Pub. Co., 1981- url p. 329, p. 343.
- Birds of the Kansas City region [by] Harry Harris. [St. Louis, Mo.]1919 url p. 283.
- Birds of the Pacific coast, including a brief account of the distribution and habitat of one hundred and eighteen birds that are more or less common to the Pacific coast states and British Columbia, many of which are found east by Willard Ayres Eliot; with fifty-six color plates, by R. Bruce Horsfall. 1923 New York, G. P. Putnam's sons, 1923. url p. 191.
- Birds of the Pacific slope of Los Angeles County: a list with brief notes / [Pasadena, Calif.: Pasadena Academy of Sciences], 1898 url .
- Birds of the Rockies, by Leander S. Keyser... with eight full-page plates [four in color] by Louis Agassiz Fuertes; many illustrations in the text by Bruce Horsfall, and eight views of localities from photographs; with a c Chicago, A. C. McClurg and co., 1902. url p. 330.
- Birds of the plains, by Douglas Dewar. .. with sixteen illustrations from photographs of living birds, by Captain F. D. S. Fayrer, I. M. S. London, J. Lane;1909  url p. 241, p. 254, p. 254, p. 4, p. 4.
- Birds of the world for young people, New York, F.A. Stokes Company url .
- Birds' nests; an introduction to the science of caliology, London, F. A. Stokes company, 1902. url , .
- Birds. .. London, Taylor and Francis; [etc., etc.]1922-30. url , .
- Birds. By E. C. Stuart Baker. London: Taylor & Francis, 1922-30. url p. 21, p. 23.
- Birds. Collected excerpts from v. 10 of Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. [n. p., 19--?] url , .
- Birds; a miscellaneous collection of 37 pamphlets about birds. Collected and privately bound by Alvin Seale, 1914. v.p., 1910-1913 url p. 60.
- Blood immunity and blood relationship; a demonstration of certain blood-relationships amongst animals by means of the precipitin test for blood, by George H. F. Nuttall...Including original researches by G. S. Graham-Smith...and T. S. P. Strangeways. Cambridge, University press, 1904. url p. 294.
- Boletim da Sociedade Portuguesa de Cie?ncias Naturais. Lisboa, Sociedade Portuguesa de Cie?ncias Naturais, 1908- url p. 204.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 32.
- Breeding-bird populations in the jack pine and mixed jack pine/deciduous stands in central Ontario / Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum, c1995. url p. 19.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 1 1958 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 30, p. 4, p. 47, fig. 40, page 56, p. 70.
- Britain's birds and their nests / described by A. Landsborough Thomson; with introduction by J. Arthur Thomson, illustrated by George Rankin. London: W. & R. Chambers, 1910. url p. 231.
- British birds & their eggs: with a new method of identification / London: W. & R. Chambers, 1909. url .
- British birds and their eggs: with a new method of identification / by J. Maclair Boraston. London: W. & R. Chambers, 1909. url .
- British birds in their haunts, by the late Rev. C.A. Johns. .. ed., rev., and annotated, by J.A. Owen. .. Illustrated with 64 coloured plates (256 figures) by William Foster. .. With a glossary of common and provincial names and te London, E.P. Dutton & Co., 1909. url p. 63.
- British birds with their nests and eggs London, Brumby & Clarke[1896-98] url , .
- British birds' eggs and nests: popularly described / By J. C. Atkinson; with coloured illustrations by W. S. Coleman. London: G. Routledge and Sons, 1901. url p. 122.
- British birds, London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url p. 172, p. 355.
- British birds, by W. H. Hudson, C.M.Z.S. With a chapter on structure and classification by Frank E. Beddard, F.R.S. With 8 coloured plates from original drawings by A. Thorburn and 8 plates and 100 figures in black London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921. url p. 172, p. 355.
- British birds. London, Witherby & Co. url p. 136, p. 181, p. 27, p. 32, p. 412.
- British birds: descriptions of all the commoner species, their nests, and eggs / by F.B. Kirkman; illustrations by A.W. Seaby. London: Dodge Pub. Co.,  url .
- British nesting birds: a complete record of every species which nests in the British Isles / by W. Percival Westell. London: J.M. Dent, 1910. url p. 11, p. 86.
- British sea birds. .. with eight illustrations by Charles Whymper. London, Bliss, Sands and Foster, 1896. url p. 264.
- British sea birds. With eight illustrations by Charles Whymper. London, Bliss, Sands and Foster, 1896. url p. 264.
- Bulletin / Peabody Museum of Natural History. 1971 New Haven: Peabody Museum of Natural History, url p. 184, p. 184, p. 91, p. 91.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 100, p. 119, p. 232.
- Bulletin / University of Montana. Missoula: University of Montana, 1901-1910. url p. 57.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 196, p. 197, p. 202, p. 231, p. 389, p. 8.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1971- url p. 72, p. 8.
- By the deep sea. A popular introduction to the wild life of the British shores, by Edward Step; with 122 illustrations by P.H. Gosse [and others] London, Jarrold & Sons, 1896. url , , .
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 117, p. 12, p. 123, p. 127, p. 135, p. 254, p. 79.
- Canada's missing dimension: science and history in the Canadian Arctic Islands / Ottawa: Canadian Museum of Nature, 1990. url p. 521, p. 527, p. 841.
- Cassell's natural history. Ed. by P. Martin Duncan. .. London [etc]Cassell & Company, Limited, 1896. url p. 396, p. 4.
- Catalog of California seabird colonies / by Arthur L. Sowls. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: Coastal Ecosystems Project, Office of Biological Services, Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior: 1980. url p. 5.
- Catalogue of birds of the Americas and the adjacent islands in Field Museum of Natural History. by Charles E. Hellmayr. 13 1934 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1934. url p. 1.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 1016, p. 280, p. 337.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 1016, p. 280, p. 337.
- Catalogue of the Collection of Birds' Eggs in the British Museum / By E. W. Oates [and afterwards] by S. G. Reid [and] W. R. Ogilvie-Grant. London, 1901-12. url p. 453, p. 455, p. 456, p. 457, p. 458, p. 459, p. 460, p. 464, p. 471, p. 474.
- Catalogue of the collection of birds' eggs in the British Museum (Natural History) London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1901-12. url p. 455, p. 456, p. 457, p. 458, p. 459, p. 460, p. 462, p. 463, p. 471.
- Check-list and bibliography on the occurrence of insects in birds' nests. Ames, Iowa State College Press url p. 106, p. 198, p. 199, p. 314, p. 316, p. 421, p. 422.
- Check-list of North American birds / prepared by a committee of the American ornithologists' union. Lancaster, Pa.: The Union, 1931. url p. 225, p. 226, p. 466, p. 512, p. 517.
- Check-list of North American birds, New York, American ornithologists' union, 1910. url , , .
- Check-list of North American birds. [Ithaca, N.Y.]1957. url p. 377, p. 664, p. 681.
- Check-list of North American birds: the species of birds of North America from the Arctic through Panama, including the West Indies and Hawaiian Islands / prepared by the Committee on Classification and Nomenclature of the American Orni Lawrence, Kan.: American Ornithologists' Union, 1983. url p. 511, p. 804.
- Check-list of birds of the world. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1931-1987. url p. 261, p. 267, p. 279, p. 280, p. 281.
- Color key to North American birds, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1903. url .
- Color key to North American birds; with bibliographical appendix. New York, D. Appleton, 1912. url , .
- Coloured figures of the eggs of British birds: with descriptive notices / by Henry Seebohm; edited (after the author's death) by R. Bowdler Sharpe. Sheffield: Pawson and Brailsford, 1896. url p. 223.
- Contributions to avian palaeontology from the Pacific coast of North America, by Loye Holmes Miller. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1912. url p. 114, p. 75, p. 75, p. 78, p. 84.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 674, p. 764.
- Diseases and enemies of poultry / by Leonard Pearson and B.H. Warren. [Harrisburg, Pa.]: C.M. Busch, 1897. url p. 254.
- Diseases of poultry part 1 / by Leonard Pearson. Enemies of poultry: part 2 / by B.H. Warren. Harrisburg, Pa.: C.M. Busch, state printer, 1897. url .
- Distributional notes on Nepal birds [by] Robert L. Fleming and Melvin A. Traylor. 53 1968 [Chicago]Field Museum of Natural History, 1968. url p. 201.
- Ecological animal geography; an authorized, rewritten edition based on Tiergeographie auf ockologischer grundlage / by Richard Hesse. .. prepared by W. C. Allee. .. and Karl P. Schmidt. .. New York: J. Wiley & Sons, Inc.; 1937. url p. 128, p. 566.
- Ecology and conservation of the marbled murrelet / [technical editors, C. John Ralph. .. et al.]. Albany, Calif.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station,  url p. 158, p. 89, p. 93.
- Electro-physiology / by W. Biedermann; translated by F. A. Welby. London: Macmillan, 1896-98. url , , p. 524.
- Essays in geobotany in honor of William Albert Setchell, edited by T.H. Goodspeed. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1936. url p. 113, p. 114.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url , p. 44.
- Familiar wild birds / [illustrations by A. Thornburn and others]. London: Cassel, 1903. url .
- Fauna of New England, 11: list of the aves / by Glover M. Allen. Boston: Society of Natural History, 1909. url p. 134, p. 135.
- Fauna of New England. List of the Araneida. Boston, For Society, 1908. url .
- Fauna of New England. by Glover M. Allen. Boston: Society of Natural History, 1909. url p. 134, p. 135.
- Fauna of the Aleutian Islands and Alaska Peninsula, by Olaus J. Murie. Invertebrates and fishes collected in the Aleutians, 1936-38, by Victor B. Scheffer. Washington, Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 1959 url , p. 216.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 162.
- Field Museum of Natural History bulletin. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, -c1990. url p. 5.
- Final environmental impact statement: proposed estuarine sanctuary grant award to the state of New York for a Hudson River estuarine sanctuary / Albany, N.Y.: The Department,  url p. 53, p. 55.
- Final report. v. 1-8. Trenton, 1888-1917. url p. 813.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 24, p. 50, p. 89.
- Fleas, flukes & cuckoos; a study of bird parasites, by Miriam Rothschild and Theresa Clay. New York, Macmillan, 1957. url p. 293, p. 303.
- Foreign birds for cage and aviary. By Arthur G. Butler London, "The Feathered world"[191-?] url p. 62.
- Fur and feather in North China. Tientsin, The Tientsin Press, Limited, 1914. url , p. 130, p. 130.
- Genera insectorum / publiés par P. Wytsman. Bruxelles, L. Desmet-Verteneuil [etc.]1902-1970. url p. 31, p. 59, p. 63.
- General systematic bacteriology; history, nomenclature, groups of bacteria, by R. E. Buchanan. .. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Company, 1925. url p. 140.
- Glacier garden, Lucerne. Lucerne: Bucher, 1913. url .
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1981 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 159, p. 226.
- Guide to the birds of the Caucasus. Tiflis, 1907. url p. 3.
- Handbook and guide to the British birds on exhibition in the Lord Derby Natural History Museum, Liverpool. Liverpool, C. Tinling, 1914. url p. 2.
- Handbook of birds of the western United States, including the great plains, great basin, Pacific slope, and lower Rio Grande Valley, by Florence Merriam Bailey; with thirty-three full-page plates by Louis Agassiz Fuertes, and over six hundred cuts in the text. BostonHoughton, Mifflin and company, 1902. url .
- Handbook to the natural history of Cambridgeshire, ed. by J.E. Marr. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. Cambridge, University press, 1904. url p. 91.
- Harmsworth's Universal encyclopedia, written by the leading authorities in every branch of knowledge and edited by J.A. Hammerton. London, Educational Bk. Co.[n.d.] url p. 6500.
- Illinois biological monographs. Urbana, Univ. of Illinois Press. url p. 237, p. 34.
- Illinois birds, Corvidae / Jean W. Graber, Richard R. Graber, and Ethelyn L. Kirk. Champaign, Ill.: State of Illinois, Dept. of Energy and Natural Resources, Natural History Survey Division,  url p. 36.
- In Audubon's Labrador, Boston andHoughton Mifflin Company[c1918] url , p. 350.
- In the Acadian land nature studies / by Robert R. McLeod. Boston: B. Whidden, 1899. url .
- Index-catalogue of the birds in the Hancock collection. [Newcastle-upon-Tyne]Printed for the Natural History Society, 1899. url p. 129, p. 24.
- Indian birds; being a key to the common birds of the plains of India, London, John Lane Company, 1910. url .
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 104, p. 114, p. 1295.
- Island life: or, the phenomena and causes of insular faunas and floras, including a revision and attempted solution of the problem of geological climates / London: Macmillan, 1911. url p. 36.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 4 1908 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 60, p. 61, p. 74, p. civ, p. c
- Journal of ethnobiology. 22 2002 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 23.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 127, p. 174, p. 178, p. 178.
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington [etc., Washington Academy of Sciences] url p. 201.
- Key to North American birds. Containing a concise account of every species of living and fossil bird at present known from the continent north of the Mexican and United States boundary, inclusive of Greenland and Lower California Boston, Estes and Lauriat, 1896. url , , , p. 172.
- Labrador, the country and the people, by Wilfred T. Grenfell. .. and others. New York, The Macmillan co., 1913. url p. 502.
- Labrador: the country and the people / by Wilfred T. Grenfell and others. New York: Macmillan Co., 1909. url p. 476.
- Lee Metcalf National Wildlife Refuge bullfrog and painted turtle investigations: 1997 / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program; c1998. url .
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 432.
- Life and sport on the north shore of the lower St. Lawrence and Gulf, containing chapters on salmon fishing, trapping, the folk-lore of the Montagnais Indians and tales of adventure on the fringe of the Labrador peninsula. By Napoleon A. Comeau. Quebec, Daily Telegraph Printing House, 1909. url p. 421.
- Life, outlines of general bioloy / by Sir J. Arthur Thomson, and Patrick Geddes. London: Harper, [19--?] url p. 709.
- List of the birds in the Indian Museum. Pt. 1. Families Corvidae, Paradiseidae, Ptilomorhnchidae and Crateropodidae. By F. Finn. Calcutta, 1901. url .
- List of the vertebrated animals now or lately living in the gardens of the Zoological Society of London. London: Printed for the Society, 1896. url p. 290.
- Lord Lilford on birds: being a collection of informal and unpublished writings by the late president of the British Ornithologists' Union. With contributed papers upon falconry and otter hunting, his favourite sports. Edited by Aubyn Trevor-Battye and illustrated by Archibald Thorburn. London, Hutchinson, 1903. url p. 220, p. 229, p. 82.
- Mammals of the Mexican boundary of the United States: a descriptive catalogue of the species of mammals occurring in that region; with a general summary of the natural history, and a list of trees / Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1907. url .
- Management plan, Robb/Ledford wildlife management area. [Helena]:Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks,  url .
- Manual of the birds of Iceland / by Henry H. Slater. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1901. url p. 146, p. 21, p. 21.
- Material culture of the Chilcotin Athapaskans of west central British Columbia: collections in the Field Museum of Natural History / James W. VanStone. Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1993. url p. 5.
- Memo?rias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz. Rio de Janeiro. url p. 65.
- Memoirs of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 13 1984 San Diego, Calif.: The Society, 1931-1989. url p. xvii.
- Memories of the months, being pages from the notebook of a field-naturalist and antiquary, to wit, Sir Herbert Maxwell, bart., M. P. London, E. Arnold, 1897- url p. 49.
- Michigan bird life, a list of all the bird species known to occur in the state together with an outline of their classification and an account of the life history of each species, wtih special reference to its relation t [Lansing]Michigan Agricultural College, 1912. url .
- Michigan bird life: a list of all the bird species known to occur in the State together with an outline of their classification and an account of the life history of each species, with special reference to its relation t by Walter Bradford Barrows. Lansing: Michigan Agricultural College, 1912. url p. 417.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1965 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 37, p. 4, p. 40.
- Montana gray wolf conservation and management plan: 2005 annual report / Helena, Mont.: Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks, 2006. url .
- Mountain and moorland, by J. Arthur Thomson. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 175, p. 80.
- My life among the wild birds in Spain, by Colonel Willoughby Verner (late rifle brigade). .. London, J. Bale, Sons & Danielsson, Ltd., 1909. url p. 241.
- My winter garden; a nature-lover under southern skies, New York, The Century Co., 1900. url .
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 752, p. 752.
- New land; four years in the Arctic regions. Translated from the Norwegian, LondonLongmans, Green1904 url p. 479.
- North American pseudophyllidean cestodes from fishes. [UrbanaUniversity of Illinois][c1919] url p. 263, p. 34.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 3 1905 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 236.
- Notes on the Kuril Islands. By Captain H. J. Snow. London, J. Murray, 1897. url p. 36.
- Notes on the birds of Kent / by R.J. Balston, C.W. Shepherd, and E. Bartlett. London: R.H. Porter, 1907. url p. 224, p. 457.
- Official lists and indexes of names and works in zoology / edited by R.V. Melville and J.D.D. Smith. London: ICZN, 1987. url p. 73.
- Oologia neerlandica: eggs of birds breeding in the Netherlands / by A.A. van Pelt Lechner. The Hague: Nijhoff, 1910-1913 [i.e. 1911-1913]. url p. 28, p. 5.
- Opinions and declarations rendered by the International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature. London, Printed by order of the International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url , p. 100, p. 380, p. 93.
- Ornithology of North Carolina: A list of the birds of North Carolina, with notes of each species / [by John Washington Pearce Smithwick]. [Raleigh], 1897. url p. 215.
- Our Irish song birds / by Charles William Benson. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis; 1901. url p. 200.
- Our resident birds and how to know them / E.F.M. Elms. London: T. Butterworth,  url p. 97, p. 97.
- P.D. Skaar's Montana bird distribution / revised by the Montana Bird Distribution Committee. [Helena, MT]:Montana Natural Heritage Program, 1996 url p. 77.
- Pacific coast avifauna / Cooper Ornithnological Club of California. Santa Clara, Calif.: The Club, 1900-1974. url p. 10, p. 10, p. 46, p. 46, p. 46, p. 46, p. 78, p. 99.
- Postilla. 1968 New Haven, Conn.: Peabody Museum of Natural History, [1950?]-c2004. url p. 29.
- Potential wildlife-highway interactions at select mile-markers along Montana Department of Transportation routes an ArcView GIS analysis / Bozeman, Mont.: Fish and Wildlife Management Program, Montana State University, 2001 url .
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 314, p. 414, p. 518, p. 552, p. 599, p. 636, p. 663, p. 7, p. 797.
- Proceedings of the Manchester Institute of Arts and Sciences. Manchester, N.H.: The Institute, 1900-1911. url p. 209.
- Proposed estuarine sanctuary grant award to the state of New York for a Hudson River estuarine sanctuary. Albany, N.Y.: New York, Dept. of Environmental Conservation,  url p. 123, p. 53, p. 55.
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 133, p. 196, p. 31, p. 52, p. 60.
- Publication. Field Museum of Natural History. Chicago, U.S.A.: The Museum, 1910-1943. url p. 546.
- Publications in zoology = Publications en zoologie. Ottawa: National Museums of Canada, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1970-1982. url p. 13, p. 13, p. 14, p. 14, p. 15.
- Records of the Indian Museum. Calcutta: Pub. by order of the trustees of the Indian Museum, . 1907-1962. url p. 139, p. 236.
- Report for the year - British Columbia Provincial Museum. [Victoria]; Printed by A. Sutton [etc.], for the Queen. url .
- Report of the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution and financial report of the Executive Committee of the Board of Regents for the year ending June 30. .. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution, 1933-1965. url p. 124, p. 151, p. 154, p. 155, p. 170.
- Report on the progress and condition of the U.S. National Museum for the year ending June 30. .. / Smithsonian Institution, United States National Museum. Washington: G.P.O., 1907-1951. url p. 39.
- Results of a biological reconnoissance of the Yukon River region prepared under the direction of C. Hart Merriam. Washington: G.P.O., 1900. url .
- Rochester and district; a sketch-guide to its geology, flora, & fauna, compiled by J. Hepworth. Rochester, Parrett & Neves, 1913. url p. 49.
- Roosevelt wild life bulletin. .. of the Roosevelt Life Forest Experiment Station of the New York College of Forestry at Syracuse University. Syracuse, N.Y.: The University, c1922- url p. 523.
- Seal and salmon fisheries and general resources of Alaska. Washington: Govt. Printing Office, 1898. url p. 213.
- Sex and internal secretions. Contributors: A. Albert [and others] Foreword by George W. Corner. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1961. url p. 1531.
- Significance of white markings in birds of the order Passeriformes / Berkeley: The University Press, 1910. url .
- Smithsonian year. 1965 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965-1976. url p. 182.
- Social feeding behavior of birds. 36 1954 [Chicago]Chicago Natural History Museum, 1954. url p. 14, p. 15, p. 19, p. 21, p. 25.
- Some Chinese vertebrates. .. With six plates. Cambridge, U.S.A., Printed for the Museum, 1912. url p. 197.
- Some recent bird records from Canada's eastern Arctic / [Toronto]: Royal Ontario Museum, 1942. url p. 346.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 127.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 12, p. 17, p. 277, p. 317, p. 371, p. 547, p. 55, p. 612.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 126.
- Studies in bird migration, London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url , .
- Studies in bird migration, by William Eagle Clarke. .. with maps, weather charts, and other illustrations. .. London, Gurney and Jackson; [etc., etc.]1912. url p. 254.
- Syllabus of lectures on the vertebrata / Philadelphia: For the University of Pennsylvania, 1898. url .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 13, p. 24, p. 34, p. 84.
- Territory in bird life / by H. Eliot Howard; with illustrations by G.E. Lodge, and H. Grönvold. London: Murray, 1920. url .
- Territory in bird life, by H. Eliot Howard, with illustrations by G. E. Lodge and H. Grönvold. New York, E. P. Dutton, 1920. url .
- Territory in bird life. London, J. Murray, 1920. url .
- Text book of zoology London, Sampson Low, Marston, 1896. url .
- Text-book of comparative anatomy; tr. into English by Henry M. Bernard and Matilda Bernard. London, Macmillan, 1896. url .
- The Arctic prairies: a canoe-journey of 2, 000 miles in search of the caribou; being the account of a voyage to the region north of Aylmer Lake / by Ernest Thompson Seton. Toronto: W. Briggs, 1911. url p. 386.
- The Australian zoologist. Sydney, Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales url p. 191.
- The British bird book: an account of all the birds, nests and eggs found in the British Isles / ed. by F.B. Kirkman. Illustrated by two hundred drawings and numerous photographs. London: T.C. & E.C. Jack, 1910-13. url .
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 13, p. 256, p. 257, p. 383, p. 73, p. 83, p. 84, p. 93.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 35 1921 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url , anderson , hohn , , , , , , p. 109, p. 11, p. 110, p. 110, p. 112, p. 112, p. 113, p. 114, p. 115, p. 116, p. 116, p. 119, p. 124, p. 124, p. 125, p. 13, p. 13, p. 133, p. 133, p. 143, p. 146, p. 15, p. 150, p. 153, p. 158, p. 163, p. 164, p. 165, p. 167, p. 168, p. 168, p. 169, p. 175, p. 175, p. 176, p. 180, p. 182, p. 195, p. 197, p. 197, p. 20, p. 204, p. 209, p. 21, p. 211, p. 219, p. 227, p. 229, p. 231, p. 233, p. 240, p. 240, p. 260, p. 260, p. 264, p. 265, p. 273, p. 28, p. 28, p. 285, p. 288, p. 289, p. 29, p. 30, p. 307, p. 308, p. 31, p. 32, p. 325, p. 333, p. 339, p. 345, p. 352, p. 352, p. 368, p. 372, p. 406, p. 407, p. 41, p. 41, p. 420, p. 421, p. 423, p. 428, p. 43, p. 434, p. 440, p. 45, p. 45, p. 471, p. 474, p. 48, p. 48, p. 480, p. 485, p. 486, p. 495, p. 496, p. 497, p. 505, p. 515, p. 518, p. 521, p. 529, p. 57, p. 571, p. 575, p. 58, p. 58, p. 580, p. 602, p. 637, p. 641, p. 645, p. 649, p. 650, p. 651, p. 654, p. 668, p. 678, p. 68, p. 70, p. 70, p. 702, p. 703, p. 715, p. 725, p. 734, p. 737, p. 746, p. 75, p. 751, p. 758, p. 765, p. 766, p. 77, p. 772, p. 774, p. 776, p. 778, p. 779, p. 780, p. 781, p. 782, p. 783, p. 789, p. 84, p. 87, p. 89, p. 96, p. 96, p. 97, p. 97, p. iii.
- The Field naturalist's quarterly. Edinburgh: George A. Morton, 1902-1904. url p. 279.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 114, p. 122, p. 130, p. 147, p. 74.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 48 1988 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url , , p. 123, p. 14, white & tanner-white, page 150, p. 273, p. 296, p. 338, smith & murphy, page 395, p. 410, p. 418, p. 420, p. 47, p. 482, p. 499, p. 520, p. 522, p. 568, p. 578, white & tanner-white, page 64, p. 651, p. 653, p. 723, p. 734.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 60.
- The Journal of the Maine Ornithological Society. Bangor: Maine Ornithological Society, 1899-1911. url p. 97.
- The Journal of the Museum of Comparative Oology. Santa Barbara, Calif.: The Museum, 1919-1922 url p. 34.
- The Marine Mammal Commission compendium of selected treaties, international agreements, and other relevant documents on marine resources, wildlife, and the environment / compiled by Richard L. Wallace. Washington, D.C.: The Commission; 1994 url p. 3484.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 213, p. 215, p. 219, p. 221.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng. [etc.]: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux [etc.] url p. 142, p. 211.
- The Scottish naturalist. Arbroath [etc.]T. Buncle & Co. [etc.] url , p. 170, p. 191, p. 283, p. 34.
- The University of Colorado studies. Boulder, University of Colorado. url p. 203.
- The Victoria history of the County of Hertford / edited by William Page. London: Published for the University of London, Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall,  url .
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 196.
- The Warbler. Floral Park: Mayflower Pub. Co., [1903-1913] url p. 28.
- The age of mammals in Europe, Asia and North America, by Henry Fairfield Osborn. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1910. url p. 473.
- The balance of nature and modern conditions of cultivation: a practical manual of animal foes and friends for the country gentleman, the farmer, the forester, the gardener, and the sportsman / by George Abbey. London: E.P. Dutton, 1909. url p. 53.
- The birds of Breconshire / by E. Cambridge Phillips. .. Brecon [Eng.]: E. Davies, 1899. url p. 141, p. 31.
- The birds of Britain: their distribution and habits / Cambridge [England]: Cambridge University Press, 1916. url .
- The birds of Calcutta / Calcutta: Thacker, Spink, 1917. url .
- The birds of Cheshire / by T. A. Coward and Charles Oldham. Manchester [England]: Sherratt and Hughes, 1900. url p. 262.
- The birds of Colorado / Fort Collins, Colo.: State Agricultural College, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1897. url .
- The birds of Essex County, Massachusetts. By Charles Wendell Townsend, M.D. Cambridge, Mass.: The Club, 1905. url p. 346.
- The birds of Indiana. A descriptive catalogue of the birds that have been observed within the state, with an account of their habits. By Amos W. Butler. Indianapolis,  url p. 879.
- The birds of Indiana: a descriptive catalog of the birds that have been observed within the state, with an account of their habits / by Amos W. Butler. Indianapolis: W. B. Burford, Contractor for State Printing, 1898 url p. 879.
- The birds of Massachusetts, Cambridge, Mass., 1901. url .
- The birds of Massachusetts, by Reginald Heber Howe and Glover Morrill Allen. Cambridge, Mass., 1901. url p. 87, p. 87.
- The birds of North America: one hundred and nineteen artistic colored plates representing the different species and varieties drawn and colored from nature: including a copious text giving a popular account of their habits and 1903 New York: Published under the auspices of the Natural Science Association of America, 1903. url p. 96.
- The birds of North and Middle America: a descriptive catalogue of the higher groups, genera, species, and subspecies of birds known to occur in North America, from the Arctic lands to the Isthmus of Panama, the West Indies and other island Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1901- url , , , , , , , , .
- The birds of Ohio; a revised catalogue, [Columbus?]Academy of Science, 1903. url .
- The birds of South Africa, by Arthur C. Stark. .. London: R. H. Porter, 1900-1906. url , p. 12, p. 4.
- The birds of Tunisia; being a history of the birds found in the regency of Tunis. By J. I. S. Whitaker. London, R.H. Porter, 1905. url p. 17, p. 19, p. 21, p. 22, p. 23, p. 409.
- The birds of Washington: a complete, scientific and popular account of the 372 species of birds found in the state / by William Leon Dawson, assisted by John Hooper Bowles. Illustrated by more than 300 original half-tones of birds in life, nests, eggs, and favorite haunts, from photographs by the author and others, Seattle: Occidental Pub. Co., 1909. url p. 963.
- The birds of Washington; a complete, scientific and popular account of the 372 species of birds found in the state, by William Leon Dawson, assisted by John Hooper Bowles. Illustrated by more than 300 original half-tones of birds in life, nests, eggs, and favorite haunts, from photographs by the author and others, Seattle: The Occidental Pub. Co., 1909. url p. 963.
- The birds of Yorkshire: being a historical account of the avi-fauna of the county / by T. H. Nelson; with the co-operation of W. Eagle Clarke and F. Boyes. London: A. Brown, 1907. url p. 235.
- The birds of eastern North America known to occur east of the nineteenth meridian. .. By Charles B. Cory. Boston, Bay State Pub. Co., 1900, c1899. url p. 367.
- The birds of eastern North America: known to occur east of the ninetieth meridian / by Charles B. Cory. Chicago: Field Columbian Museum, 1899. url p. 367.
- The birds of our country. London, Digby, Long & Co., 1898. url p. 395, p. 75.
- The birds of our country. With illus. by A. Thorburn, J. Giacomelli, G.E. Lodge, K. Keyl, and R. Kretschmer. London, Digby, Long, 1897. url p. 395, p. 75.
- The birds of the British Isles and their eggs. by T.A. Coward; with 242 accurately coloured illustrations by Archibald Thorburn and others, reproduced from Lord Lilford's work Coloured figures of the birds of the British Islands, and 65 photograp London; F. Warne, 1919. url p. 19.
- The birds of the Cambridge region of Massachusetts. Cambridge, Mass., The Club, 1906. url .
- The birds of the Chicago area / [Chicago, Jennings and Graham], 1907. url , .
- The birds of the Chicago area, by Frank Morley Woodruff. .. [Chicago, Printed by Jennings and Graham]1907. url p. 120.
- The birds of the Lake St. Martin region, Manitoba / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum of Zoology], 1937. url p. 34.
- The birds of the Red Deer River, Alberta. n.p., n.d. url p. 252.
- The birds of the vicinity of Lake Nipissing, Ontario / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum], 1939. url p. 15.
- The condor. Santa Clara, Calif.: Cooper Ornithological Club, [1900- url p. 57, p. 79.
- The crow in its relation to agriculture: Is it a farm pest? / Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1920. url .
- The determination of generic types: and a list of roundworm genera, with their original and type species / by Ch. Wardell Stiles and Albert Hassall. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Bureau of Animal Industry, 1905. url p. 51.
- The ducks, geese, and swans of North America; a vade mecum for the naturalist and the sportsman, by Francis H. Kortright. Illus. by T. M. Shortt. Harrisburg, Pa.: Stackpole Co.;[1960, c1953] url p. 306.
- The eggs of European birds / by Francis C.R. Jourdain. London: R.H. Porter, 1906. url , p. 1.
- The fauna of British India, including Ceylon and Burma. By E. C. Stuart Baker. London, Taylor & Francis;1922-30. url p. 21, p. 23.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 35.
- The fundus oculi of birds, especially as viewed by the ophthalmoscope; a study in the comparative anatomy and physiology, by Casey Albert Wood. Illustrated by 145 drawings in the text; also by sixty-one colored paintings prepared for this work by Arthur W. Head. .. Chicago, The Lakeside Press, 1917. url , , p. 110, p. 47.
- The geographical and geological distribution of animals / New York: D. Appleton, 1901, c1886. url .
- The history of Upshur county, West Virginia, from its earliest exploration and settlement to the present time. .. Buckhannon?W. Va., pref.1907 url p. 373.
- The history of the collections contained in the natural history departments of the British Museum. by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London, 1906. url p. 93.
- The migration of birds, as observed at Irish lighthouses and lightships including the original reports from 1888-97, now published for the first time, and an analysis of these and of the previously pu together with an appendix giving the measurement sof about 1600 wings / London: R.H. Porter, [etc., etc., 1900] url p. 304, p. 35, p. 361, p. 421, p. 477, p. 522, p. 590, p. 662, p. 97.
- The natural history and behavior of the California sea lion / by Richard S. Peterson and George A. Bartholomew. [Stillwater, Okla.]American Society of Mammalogists, 1967. url p. 14, p. 77.
- The natural history of animals: the animal life of the world in its various aspects and relations, London, The Gresham Publishing Company, 1903-04. url , .
- The naturalist of the Saint Croix. Memoir of George A. Boardman. A selection from his correspondence and published writings, notices of friends and contemporaries, with his list of the birds of Maine and New Brunswick. By Samuel Lane Boardman... Bangor, Priv. print., 1903. url p. 305.
- The new natural history. New York, Merrill, c1901. url p. 1480.
- The ornithology of Chester County, Pennsylvania, Boston, R. G. Badger, [c1919] url .
- The sense of touch in mammals and birds: with special reference to the papillary ridges / by Walter Kidd. With 164 illustrations from drawings and micro-photographs. London: A and C. Black, 1907. url p. 131, p. 17, p. 6.
- The sportsman's British bird book / by R. Lydekker. London: Rowland Ward, 1908. url .
- The summer birds of Yakutat Bay, Alaska / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum of Zoology], 1939. url p. 23.
- The summer birds of the northeast shore of Lake Superior, Ontario / [Toronto]: Printed by the University of Toronto Press, 1943. url p. 15.
- The summit of the years, by John Burroughs. Boston andHoughton Mifflin company, 1913. url p. 296.
- The vertebrate fauna of Cheshire and Liverpool Bay / London: Witherby, 1910. url p. 243.
- Through Shên-kan: the account of the Clark expedition in north China, 1908-9 / By Robert Sterling Clark and Arthur de C. Sowerby, ed. by Major C. H. Chepmell. London [etc.]: T. F. Unwin, 1912. url p. 96.
- Through Shên-kan; the account of the Clark expedition in north China, 1908-9. By Robert Sterling Clark and Arthur de C. Sowerby, ed. by Major C. H. Chepmell. London [etc.]T. F. Unwin, 1912. url p. 96.
- Time and change, by John Burroughs. Boston and New York: Houghton Mifflin company, 1912. url , p. 278.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 223.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 132, p. 147, p. 163, p. 83, p. 84.
- Transactions of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 14 1966 [San Diego]: The Society, 1905-1989. url p. 182, p. 218, p. 22, p. 223, p. 262, fig. 9, page 267, p. 294, p. 407, p. 49, p. 57.
- Transactions of the Sapporo Natural History Society. Sapporo, Japan, Sapporo Natural History Society, Hokkaido Imperial University. url .
- Travels and traditions of waterfowl. Minneapolis, University of Minnesota Press url p. 287.
- Travels of a naturalist in northern Europe, Norway, 1871, Archangel, 1872, Petchora, 1875, London, T. F. Unwin, 1905. url p. 535.
- Turner on birds: a short and succinct history of the principal birds noticed by Pliny and Aristotle first published by Doctor William Turner, 1544. Ed. with introduction, translation, notes, and appendix, by A. H. Evans. Cambridge, University press, 1903. url , , p. 215.
- Turner on birds; a short and succinct history of the principal birds notices by Pliny and Artistotle, Cambridge, University press, 1903. url .
- Two bird-lovers in Mexico by C. William Beebe. .. illustrated with photographs from life taken by the author. London, A. Constable & company, ltd.;1905. url p. 391.
- Two months on the Guadalquiver / by Harry F. Witherby. [London?: "Knowledge"?, [between 1899 and 1910] url p. 53.
- Types of birds in the Tring Museum. n. p., 1922? url , , .
- University of California publications in zoology. Berkeley: University Press, 1906- url p. 300, p. 381, p. 446, p. 548.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 8 1954 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 173, p. 206, p. 507, p. 631, p. 670, p. 697.
- Wild animals of Glacier National Park. The mammals, with notes on physiography and life zones, by Vernon Bailey. .. The birds, by Florence Merriam Bailey. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 167.
- Wild life of the world: a descriptive survey of the geographical distribution of animals / London; F. Warne and co., 1916. url p. 103, p. 467.
- With nature & a camera; being the adventures and observations of a field naturalist & an animal photographer London, Cassell and company, limited, 1911 url p. 57.
- With nature and a camera; being the adventures and observations of a field naturalist and an animal photographer, by Richard Kearton, illustrated by 180 pictures from photographs by Cherry Kearton. London, Cassell and company, limited, 1898. url p. 57.
- [Collected reprints, 1902-1928. s.l., s.n.19--] url , .
- i, p. viii, p. xxix.
- BirdLife International 2009. Corvus corax. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 31January2012.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed April 30, 2012.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, North West Territories and Nunavut Bird Checklist, Canada
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, Provincial Museum of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada. Birds
- Canadian Biodiversity Information Facility, Royal British Columbia Museum
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 4038
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-179729
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2494459
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 179725
- IUCN ID: 202166
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: ABPAV10110
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 178186