Family : Sturgeons ; Spends most of its time in the sea , usually close to shore . Enters estuaries of large rivers and moves far inland to spawn . Individuals larger than 48.3 cm feed mainly on fishes ; smaller ones feed mainly on chironomids , but also takes small crustaceans, other insects and mollusks. Feeding ceases just before spawning. Excellent food fish that is sold fresh, smoked or frozen. Eggs marketed as caviar. In the past, the airbladder was made into isinglass .
Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Catalan:
Common Names in Czech:
Jeseter B, Jeseter bílý
Common Names in Danish:
Hvid St, Hvid stør
Common Names in Dutch:
Pacific steur, Pacifische steur
Common Names in English:
Columbia sturgeon, Oregon sturgeon, Pacific sturgeon, Sacramento sturgeon, white sturgeon
Common Names in Finnish:
Valkosampi, Valkosilm, Valkosilmäkuha
Common Names in French:
Common Names in German:
Amerikanischer St, Amerikanischer Stint, Amerikanischer Stör, Sacramentost, Sacramentostör, St, Stör, Wei, weißer Stör
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Mandarin Chinese:
Common Names in Polish:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Salish:
Common Names in Spanish:
Esturi, esturiÃ³n blanco, Esturión blanco
Common Names in Swedish:
Vit St, Vit stör
Species Acipenser transmontanus
Males are commonly 21 cm (Total Length) in length when caught/marketed, but may be as large as 610 cm (Total Length).
May be found at depths of 1 to 122 meters.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,911 meters (0 to 9,551 feet).
- 5 Wetlands (inland)
- 5.1 Wetlands (inland) - Permanent Rivers/Streams/Creeks (includes waterfalls )
- 5.5 Wetlands (inland) - Permanent Freshwater Lakes (over 8ha) [more info]
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- C. Linnaeus, 1758
- (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Grobben, 1908
- (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Bateson, 1885
- Cuvier, 1812
- Jawed Vertebrates
- Huxley, 1880
- Order: Acipenseriformes ()
- Infraclass: Actinopteri ()
- Subclass: Actinopterygii ()
- Class: Osteichthyes () - Huxley, 1880
- Infraphylum: Gnathostomata () - auct. - Jawed Vertebrates
- Subphylum: Vertebrata () - Cuvier, 1812 - Vertebrates
- Phylum: Chordata () - Bateson, 1885 - Chordates
- Infrakingdom: Chordonia () - (Haeckel, 1874) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Branch: Deuterostomia () - Grobben, 1908
- Subkingdom: Bilateria () - (Hatschek, 1888) Cavalier-Smith, 1983
- Kingdom: Animalia () - C. Linnaeus, 1758 - animals
Acipenser aleutensis Fitzinger
Status: Accepted Name
First described: Richardson, J. The fish. Fauna Boreali-Americana; or the zoology of of the northern parts of British America. (3): 327 p., 1836.
Last scrutiny: Data last modified by FishBase 23-Mar-1994
Members of the genus Acipenser
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 36 species and subspecies in this genus:
A. baerii (Long-Nosed Siberian Sturgeon) · A. baerii baerii (Lena River Sturgeon) · A. baerii baicalensis (Baikal Sturgeon) · A. baerii baikalensis (Baikal Sturgeon) · A. baerii stenorrhynchus (Lena River Sturgeon) · A. baeri stenorrhynchus (Lena River Sturgeon) · A. brevirostris (Short-Nosed Little Sturgeon) · A. brevirostrum (Short-Nosed Little Sturgeon) · A. dabryanus (Dabry´s Sturgeon) · A. dauricus (Great Siberian Sturgeon) · A. fulvescens (Lake Sturgeon) · A. gueldenstaedti (Caspian Sturgeon) · A. gueldenstaedtii (Caspian Sturgeon) · A. gueldenstaedti brandt (Azov-Black Sea Sturgeon) · A. huso (European Sturgeon) · A. medirostris (Barbel Sturgeon) · A. mikadoi (Sakhalin Sturgeon) · A. multiscutatus (Japanese Sturgeon) · A. naccari (Adriatic Sturgeon) · A. naccarii (Adriatic Sturgeon) · A. nudiventris (American Atlantic Sturgeon) · A. oxyrhynchus (Atlantic Sturgeon) · A. oxyrhynchus oxyrhynchus (Atlantic Sturgeon) · A. oxyrinchus (American Atlantic Sturgeon) · A. oxyrinchus desotoi (Gulf Sturgeon) · A. oxyrinchus oxyrinchus (American Atlantic Sturgeon) · A. persicus (Persian Sturgeon) · A. plecostomus (Suckermouth Catfish) · A. ruthenus (Sterlet Sturgeon) · A. schrencki (Japanese Sturgeon) · A. schrenckii (Japanese Striped Loach) · A. sinensis (Chinese Sturgeon) · A. stellatus (Stellate Sturgeon) · A. stenorrhynchus (Long-Nosed Siberian Sturgeon) · A. sturio (Atlantic Sturegon) · A. transmontanus (Sacramento Sturgeon)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of the fishes known to inhabit the waters of North America, north of the Tropic of Cancer, with notes on the species discovered in 1883 and 1884, by David Starr Jordan. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1885. url p. 13.
- A guide to the study of fishes, New York, H. Holt, 1905. url .
- A guide to the study of fishes, by David Starr Jordan. .. New York, H. Holt and Company, 1905. url p. 19.
- A list of common and scientific names of fishes from the United States and Canada. Report presented at the eighty-ninth annual meeting, Clearwater, Fla., Sept. 16-18, 1959. Ann Arbor, Mich., 1960. url p. 9.
- A manual of land and fresh water vertebrate animals of the United States (exclusive of birds) by Henry Sherring Pratt. .. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co., inc.[c1935] url p. 30.
- A review of the fisheries in the contiguous waters of the state of Washington and British Columbia by Richard Rathbun. Washington?: G.P.O?, 1899? url .
- A synopsis of the fishes of North America / by David Humphreys Storer. Cambridge: Metcalf, 1846. url p. 248, p. 249, p. 8.
- American fishes; a popular treatise upon the game and food fishes of North America, with especial reference to habits and methods of capture, Boston, L. C. Page[c1903]. url .
- American food and game fishes. A popular account of all the species found in America north of the equator, with keys for ready identification, life histories and methods of capture, . by David Starr Jordan...and Barton Warren Evermann...illustrated with colored plates and text drawings, and with photographs from life, by A. Radclyffe Dugmore. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & Co., 1908. url p. 5.
- American food and game fishes: A popular account of all the species found in America north of the equator, with keys of ready identification, life histories and methods of capture New York: Doubleday, Page & co., 1902. url p. 5.
- American food and game fishes: a popular account of all the species found in America, north of the equator, with keys for ready identification, life histories and methods of capture, by David Starr Jordan and Barton Warren Evermann; with photos. from life by A. Radclyffe Dugmore. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1908, c1902. url p. 5.
- An annotated list of Puget Sound fishes, Olympia [Wash.]State printer, 1919. url .
- Analysis of EC Trade in Caviar by Species and Tracking of Caviar Permits within the UNEP-WCMC Caviar Database. A Report to the European Commission TRAFFIC url , p. 10, p. 24, p. 25, p. 31, p. 37, p. 38, p. 48, p. 7, p. 8, p. 9.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 207.
- Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. New York, New York Academy of Sciences. url p. 351.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url , p. 104, p. 117, p. 15, p. 86, p. 87.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 43.
- Bulletin of the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences. Buffalo, N.Y.: Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences, 1873- url p. 161.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1971- url p. 105, p. 133.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 413.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 102, p. 106, p. 125, p. 137, p. 161, p. 166, p. 169, p. 174, p. 175, p. 179, p. 201, p. 209, p. 21, p. 21, p. 210, p. 23, p. 23, p. 24, p. 248, p. 252, p. 253, p. 256, p. 267, p. 287, p. 297, p. 32, p. 322, p. 35, p. 359, p. 359, p. 385, p. 463, p. 49, p. 52, p. 52, p. 53, p. 53, p. 54, p. 55, p. 55, p. 58, p. 58, p. 63, p. 68, p. 71, p. 83, p. 95.
- Canadian fisherman. Gardenvale, Que. [etc.]National Business Publications [etc.] url p. 486.
- Catalogue of the fishes in the British Museum / by Albert Gu?nther. .. [Tokyo?]: Kagaku Kisho Hakkokai, Sho?wa 13 . url p. 336.
- Check list of the fishes of the Dominion of Canada and Newfoundland. Ottawa, Printed by C. H. Parmelee, 1913. url , .
- Checklist of CITES Species CITES, WCMC url p. 239.
- Checklist of CITES Species: a reference to the appendices to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora CITES url p. 179, p. 239, p. 63.
- Checklist of fish and invertebrates listed in the CITES appendices and in EC Regulation 338/97 JNCC url p. 3.
- Classification of the collection to illustrate the animal resources of the United States. A list of substances derived from the animal kingdom, with synopsis of the useful and injurious animals and a classification to the methods of capture and utilization. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1876. url .
- Commercial fisheries review. [Washington]: National Marine Fisheries Service; [for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.] url p. 21, p. 27, p. 27, p. 66.
- Contributions to biology from the Hopkins Seaside Laboratory of the Leland Stanford Jr. University. Stanford University, Calif.: The University, 1895-1904. url p. 789.
- Current bibliography for aquatic sciences and fisheries. London, Taylor & Francis ltd. url p. 154, p. 163, p. 241, p. 268, p. 461.
- Dean bibliography of fishes. New York: American Museum of Natural History, 1971-1973. url p. 17, p. 172, p. 198, p. 222, p. 234, p. 238, p. 241, p. 253, p. 257, p. 283, p. 285, p. 287, p. 288, p. 293, p. 310, p. 318, p. 319, p. 320, p. 322, p. 323, p. 453, p. 476, p. 487, p. 497, p. 498, p. 499, p. 515, p. 516, p. 544, p. 734.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 440.
- Fauna boreali-americana, or, The zoology of the northern parts of British America: containing descriptions of the objects of natural history collected on the late northern land expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. / by John Richardson, surgeon and naturalist to the expeditions; assisted by William Swainson and the Reverend William Kirby. London: J. Murray [etc.], 1829-1837. url p. 278, p. 311, p. 313, p. 6.
- Fishery bulletin / U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service: url , , , , , , , , p. 105, p. 106, p. 154, p. 158, p. 160, p. 165, p. 367, p. 628, p. 629, p. 631, p. 633, p. 634, p. 760, p. 761, p. 762, p. 763, p. 767, p. 770, p. 771, p. 772, p. 789, p. 793, p. 80, p. 810, p. 897, p. 900, p. 911.
- Fishery bulletin. United States Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, The Service, U.S. Govt Print. Off. url p. 462.
- Fishes of the western North Atlantic. Editorial board: editor-in-chief John Tee-Van [and others] New Haven, Sears Foundation for Marine Research, Yale Univ., 1948- url p. 29.
- Fishes, New York, H. Holt and Company, 1907. url .
- Fishes, by David Starr Jordan. .. with 18 colored plates and 673 illustrations. .. New York, H. Holt and Company, 1907. url p. 255.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1978 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 22, p. 262.
- Increased levels of harvest and habitat law enforcement and public awareness for anadromous salmonids and resident fish in the Columbia River Basin -- demonstration period, 1992-1994: a comprehensive Columbia Basin cooperative law enforcement program comprised of six performance grants and inter-agency agreements, final report / Portland, OR.: Bonneville Power Administration, 1995. url p. 63, p. 70.
- Keys to the fishes of Washington, Oregon and closely adjoining regions, by Leonard P. Schultz. Seattle, Wash., University of Washington Press, 1936. url p. 133.
- List of the specimens of fish in the collection of the British Museum. LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees1851 url , p. 9.
- Memoirs of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. [Boston: The Academy, url p. 260, p. 500, p. 501.
- Montana's comprehensive fish and wildlife conservation strategy / Helena, Mont.: Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks, 2005 url , .
- NOAA technical report NMFS SSRF. Seattle, Wash.: National Marine Fisheries Service; url p. 4.
- National overview and evolution of NOAA's Estuarine Living Marine Resources (ELMR) Program / David M. Nelson and Mark E. Monaco. Silver Spring. Md.: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Ocean Service, National Centers for Coastal Ocean Science, Center for Coastal Monitoring and Assessment, 2000. url p. 42.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 347.
- Occasional papers of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: California Academy of Sciences, url p. 129, p. 132, p. 5.
- Pacific Northwest Rivers Study: assessment guidelines, Montana. Helena, MT: Montana Dept. of Fish, Wildlife, and Parks,  url p. 10, p. 7.
- Pacific Northwest Rivers Study: final report, Montana / prepared by Janet Decker-Hess. .. [et al.]; edited by Sally Hilander and Janet Decker-Hess. Helena, MT: [Montana Dept. of Fish, Wildlife, and Parks, 1988] url p. 170.
- Pamphlets on forestry. Fish and game. [1900?- url , p. 104.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 254, p. 255, p. 331, p. 331.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 133, p. 91, p. 91.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 749.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 16, p. 266, p. 36.
- Protection and preservation of food fishes in international boundary waters of the United States and Canada. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1910 url p. 4.
- Report of the Commissioner for. .. / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: G.P.O., 1874-1905. url p. 15, p. 15, p. 226, p. 226, p. 68, p. 68, p. 801.
- Report of the Commissioners of Fisheries of the State of Pennsylvania for the year. .. [Harrisburg, Pa.: The Commission]: 1901. url .
- Report of the United States Commissioner of Fisheries for the fiscal year. .. with appendixes Washington: G.P.O., 1914- url p. 34.
- Report of the commissioner of fish and fisheries on investigations in the Columbia river basin in regard to the salmon fisheries. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1894. url p. 38, p. 38.
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Made under the direction of the secretary of war, in 1853-. .. Washington, A.O.P. Nicholson, Printer [etc.]1855-60. url , , p. 355, p. 355, p. 391, p. 391.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 13 1876 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 65, p. 86, p. 87.
- Soft-rayed Bony fishes: class Osteichthyes, order Acipenseroidei, order Lepisostei, order Isospondyli, suborder Elopoidea, suborder Clupeoidea, suborder Salmonoidea / Henry B. Bigelow. .. [et al.]. New Haven, Conn.: Sears Foundation for Marine Research, Yale University, 1963. url p. 29.
- Special scientific report. Seattle, National Marine Fisheries Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1949-1971. url p. 11.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 11, p. 13.
- Synopsis of the fishes of North America. By David S. Jordan and Charles H. Gilbert. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1882. url p. 87.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 216, p. 219, p. 224.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url , whitehouse , whitehouse , p. 119, p. 149, p. 152, p. 161, p. 166, p. 169, p. 184, p. 2, p. 250, p. 286, p. 290, p. 396, p. 4, p. 422, p. 455, p. 50, p. 50, p. 565, p. 627, p. 642, p. 643, p. 97.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 57 1997 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url fig. 1, page 270.
- The Riverside natural history. Ed. by John Sterling Kingsley. Articles by C.C. Abbott, J.A. Allen, W.B. Barrows [etc.]. .. Illustrated by more than twenty-two hundred woodcuts in the text, one hundred and sixty-eight full-page engr Boston, Houghton, Mifflin and Company[c1888] url p. 93.
- The days of a man: being memories of a naturalist, teacher, and minor prophet of democracy / Yonkers-on-Hudson, N. Y.: World Book Co., 1922. url .
- The fisheries and fishery industries of the United States. Prepared through the co-operation of the commissioner of fisheries and the superintendent of the tenth census Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884-87. url .
- The fisheries of British Columbia. Victoria, B.C.: R. Wolfenden, 1910. url .
- The fishes of North and Middle America: a descriptive catalogue of the species of fish-like vertebrates found in the waters of North America, north of the Isthmus of Panama / by David Starr Jordan and Barton Warren Evermann. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, United States National Museum, 1896-1900. url p. 104.
- The fishes of Puget sound, by David Starr Jordan and Edwin Chapin Starks. Palo Alto, Cal., Leland Stanford Junior University, 1895. url p. 789.
- The natural history of Washington territory, with much relating to Minnesota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oregon, and California, between the thirty-sixth and forty-ninth parallels of latitude, being those parts of the final reports on the survey of the N By J. G. Cooper, M. D., and Dr. G. Suckley. .. This edition contains a new preface, giving a sketch of the explorations, a classified table of contents, and the latest additions by the authors. With f London, Baillière brothers, 1859. url p. 391.
- The principles of applied zoology, by Robert A. Wardle. London, Longmans, Greem, and co., 1929. url p. 306.
- Timber management: a programmatic environmental analysis record for BLM-administered lands in western Oregon / Office, 1974 url p. 54.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 107, p. 108, p. 142.
- Washington State Coastal Zone Management Program amendment no. 3: approval of the Grays Harbor estuary management plan: program draft environmental impact statement. [Olympia, Wash.?]: Grays Harbor Regional Planning Commission; 1983. url p. 17.
- American Fisheries Society. Common and Scientific Names of Fishes from the United states, Canada, and Mexico Sixth Edition. Special Publication 29.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 9, 2012.
- Down, T. & Ptolemy, J. 2004. Acipenser transmontanus (Upper Fraser River subpopulation). In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 29January2012.
- Duke, S. (USF&WS), Down, T., Ptolemy, J., Hammond, J. & Spence, C. (Ministry of Water, Land & Air Protection, Canada) 2004. In IUCN 2008. 2008 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCNRedList.org. Downloaded July 18, 2008.
- Duke, S. 2004. Acipenser transmontanus (Kootenai River subpopulation). In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 29January2012.
- Duke, S., Down, T., Ptolemy, J., Hammond, J. & Spence, C. 2004. Acipenser transmontanus. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 29January2012.
- FishBase. Release date: January 5, 2010
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 01, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 6 providers.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal March 01, 2008:
- Canadian Museum of Nature: Canadian Museum of Nature Fish Collection
- FishBase: FishBase DiGIR Provider - Philippine Server
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University: Canadian Museum of Nature - Fish Collection (OBIS Canada)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History: Vertebrate specimens
- Museum national d'histoire naturelle: Ichtyologie
- Royal Ontario Museum: Fish specimens
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 119277
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Fis-29594
- Fishbase Species ID: 2594
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 3189846
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 161068
- IUCN ID: 188498
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: AFCAA01051
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Species Identifier: E087
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 1349
- Morrow, J.E. (1980). The freshwater fishes of Alaska. University of. B.C. Animal Resources Ecology Library. 248p. [back]
- Page, L.M. and B.M. Burr (1991). A field guide to freshwater fishes of North America north of Mexico. Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston. 432 p. [back]
- Scott, W.B. and E.J. Crossman (1973). Freshwater fishes of Canada. Bull. Fish. Res. Board Can. 184:1-966. [back]
- Frimodt, C. (1995). Multilingual illustrated guide to the world's commercial coldwater fish. Fishing News Books, Osney Mead, Oxford, England. 215 p. [back]
- Mean = 28.720 meters (94.226 feet), Standard Deviation = 43.790 based on 115,418 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]
- Down, T. & Ptolemy, J. 2004. Acipenser transmontanus (Upper Fraser River subpopulation). In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloaded on 29 January 2012. [back]