Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 78 meters (0 to 256 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- (Goldfuss, 1818) R. Owen, 1858
- Cavalier-Smith, 1991
- (Doflein, 1901) Copeland, 1956
- Subphylum: Intramacronucleata () - Lynn, 1996
- Phylum: Ciliophora () - (Doflein, 1901) Copeland, 1956 - Ciliates
- Infrakingdom: Alveolata () - Cavalier-Smith, 1991
- Subkingdom: Biciliata ()
- Kingdom: Protozoa () - (Goldfuss, 1818) R. Owen, 1858
Members of the genus Trichodina
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 0 species and subspecies in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A bibliography of Protozoa, sponges, Coelenterata, and worms, including also the Polyzoa, Brachiopoda and Tunicata, for the years 1861-1883 / edited for the syndics of the University Press. CambridgeUniversity Press1885 url p. 12, p. 44.
- A course in invertebrate zoölogy: a guide to the dissection and comparative study of invertebrate animals / by Henry Sherring Pratt. Boston; Ginn & Co., 1902. url , p. 43, p. 49.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 212.
- A history of Infusoria, living and fossil: arranged according to "Die Infusionsthierchen" of C.G. Ehrenberg. London, Whittaker, 1845. url p. 256.
- A history of infusoria, living and fossil. Arranged according to the "Infusionsthierchen" of C. H. Ehrenberg; containing coloured engravings, illustrative of all the genera, and descriptions of all the species in that work, with several new on By Andrew Pritchard. London, Whittaker, 1842. url p. 256.
- A manual of the Infusoria: including a description of all known flagellate, ciliate, and tentaculiferous protozoa, British and foreign, and an account of the organization and the affinities of the sponges / by W. Saville Kent. London: D. Bogue, 1880-1882. url , , p. 646, p. 649, p. 911.
- A manual of the common invertebrate animals, exclusive of insects / by Henry Sherring Pratt. .. with over one thousand illustrations. Chicago: A.C. McClurg & Co., 1923. url p. 65.
- A manual of the infusoria, including a description of all known flagellate, ciliate, and tentaculiferous protozoa, British and foreign and an account of the organization and affinities of the sponges by W. Saville Kent, 3 vol. London, David Bogue, 1880-1881. url , , p. 110, p. 476, p. 646, p. 647, p. 648, p. 649, p. 650, p. 651, p. 763.
- A monograph of the British marine annelids. 3 1915 London, The Ray society, 1873/1900-1922/23. url p. 153.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 64.
- Anatomy of the invertebrata, by C. Th. v. Siebold, translated from the German with additions and notes by Waldo I. Burnett, M. D. Boston, J. Campbell, 1874. url p. 24.
- Anatomy of the invertebrata. Boston, J. Campbell, 1874. url .
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 445, p. 456, p. 470.
- Antony van Leeuwenhoek and his "Little animals"; being some account of the father of protozoology and bacteriology and his multifarious discoveries in these disciplines; collected, translated, and edited from his printed works, unpublished manuscripts, and contemporary records, by Clifford Dobell. .. Published on the 300th anniversary of his birth. New York, Harcourt, Brace and company, 1932. url p. 282.
- Bibliotheca debyana: being a catalogue of books & abstracts relating to natural science, with special reference to microscopy, in the library of Julien Deby. .. vol. 1. London: Published for Julien Deby, 1889. url p. 124.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 186.
- Bulletin of the Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History. Bloomington, Ill.: The Laboratory, 1876-1918. url p. 129, p. 353, p. 353.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. CambridgeUniversity Press1908-14 url p. 753.
- Essentials of zoology for students of medicine and first year students of science, by Alexander Meek. .. With 145 illustrations. London, Longmans, Green and co., 1922. url p. 39.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 607.
- Fresh-water biology, New York, John Wiley & sons, inc.; [etc., etc.]1918. url .
- Fresh-water biology, by Henry Baldwin Ward. .. and George Chandler Whipple. .. with the collaboration of a staff of specialists. New York: Wiley, 1944, c1918. url p. 291.
- Freshwater sponges, hydroids & Polyzoa. By N. Annandale. London, Taylor and Francis, 1911. url p. 157.
- General catalogue of the Massachusetts Agricultural College, including the ofiicers of government and instruction, sketches of the alumni, occupations and addresses of the non-graduates, and other mat Amherst, Mass., [J.E. Williams, printer]1886. url p. 106.
- Goldfish breeds and other aquarium fishes, their care and propagation: a guide to freshwater and marine aquaria, their fauna, flora and management. With 280 explanatory illustrations, printed with the text / by Herman T. Wolf... Philadelphia: Innes & sons, [c1908] url p. 152, p. 372.
- Handbook of protozoology, by Richard Roksabro Kudo...with one hundred and seventy-five illustrations. Springfield, Ill., C.C. Thomas, 1931. url p. 393, p. 406.
- Handbook of zoology / by J. van der Hoeven. Cambridge: University Press, 1856-1858. url p. 57.
- Handbook of zoology; by J. van der Hoeven. Tr. from the 2d Dutch ed. by the Rev. William Clark. Cambridge: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, and Roberts, 1856-58. url p. 57.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 43.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 2 1906 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 110.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 594, p. 754, p. 798, p. 905, p. 930, p. 931, p. 933.
- Lectures on the comparative anatomy and physiology of the invertebrate animals: delivered at the Royal College of Surgeons / by Richard Owen. London: Longman, Brown, Green & Longmans, 1855. url p. 32.
- Lehrbuch der vergleichenden Anatomie der wirbellosen Thiere / von Arnold Lang. Jena: G. Fisher, 1900-1901. url p. 149, p. 294, p. 300.
- Marvels of pond-life: or, A year's microscopic recreations among the polyps, infusoria, rotifers, water-bears, and polyzoa / by Henry J. Slack. London: Groombridge, 1861. url , , p. 196, p. 197, p. 53.
- Marvels of pond-life; or, A year's microscopic recreations among the polyps, infusoria, rotifers, water-bears and polyzoa. By Henry J. Slack. London, Groombridge, 1871. url , p. 49.
- Memo?rias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz. Rio de Janeiro. url p. 108.
- On growth and form / by D'Arcy Wentworth Thompson. Cambridge: University Press; 1945. url p. 381.
- Problems and methods of research in protozoology... edited by Robert Hegner...and Justin Andrews... New York, The Macmillan company, 1930. url p. 25, p. 484, p. 491, p. 518, p. 532.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 105.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 383.
- Proceedings of the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston [etc.]Boston Society of Natural History. url p. 223, p. 365, p. 417.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url , p. 75.
- Protozoa in biological research / edited by Gary N. Calkins; and Francis M. Summers. New York: Columbia University Press, 1941. url p. 994.
- Protozoa. .. by B. L. Bhatia. .. London, Taylor and Francis, 1936- url p. 443.
- Protozoology, by Richard R. Kudo. .. With three hundred and thirty-six illustrations. Springfield, Ill., C.C. Thomas, 1946. url p. 692, p. 693, p. 694.
- Protozoology, by Richard Roksabro Kudo... with two hundred and ninety-one illustrations. Springfield, Ill., Thomas[c1939] url p. 625, p. 626, p. 627.
- Protozoology. Springfield, Ill., C. C. Thomas url p. 859, p. 860, p. 861.
- Quarterly journal of microscopical science. London, J. and A. Churchill [etc.] url p. 245, p. 246, p. 247, p. 248.
- Records of the Indian Museum. Calcutta: Pub. by order of the trustees of the Indian Museum, . 1907-1962. url .
- Report of the Commissioner for. .. / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: G.P.O., 1874-1905. url p. 987.
- The American monthly microscopical journal. New York: Romyn Hitchcock, 1880-1902. url p. 223, p. 254, p. 256, p. 256.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url , p. 119, p. 119, p. 269, p. 269, p. 269, p. 271, p. 273, p. 273, p. 273, p. 401, p. 404, p. 405, p. 407, p. 409, p. 415, p. 417, p. 419, p. 420, p. 424, p. 456, p. 456, p. 456, p. 460, p. 460, p. 460, p. 480, p. v, p. vii, p. viii.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 240.
- The Invertebrata; a manual for the use of students, by L. A. Borradaile and F. A. Potts. With chapters by L. E. S. Eastham and J. T. Saunders. New York, Macmillan, 1932. url p. 101, p. 643.
- The Journal of experimental zoology. [New York, etc.]Wiley-Liss [etc.] url p. 184, p. 184.
- The Journal of microscopy and natural science. [London: W. P. Collins, 1884- url p. 171, p. 172.
- The Journal of the Quekett Microscopical Club. [London: Quekett Microscopical Club, 1868]-1966. url , p. 244, p. 300, p. 32, p. 38, p. 385, p. 39, p. 545.
- The Microscopical news and northern microscopist; an illustrated journal of practical microscopy, edited by George E. Davis. London, Simpkin, Marshall [etc.]. url p. 192.
- The Naturalist. 1895 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 158.
- The fishes of Great Britain and Ireland. London, Williams and Norgate, 1880-84. url p. 243.
- The micrographic dictionary; a guide to the examination and investigation of the structure and nature of microscopic objects, by J. W. Griffith and Arthur Henfrey. London, J. Van Voorst, 1883. url , p. 399, p. 952.
- The plankton of the Illinois river, 1894-1899, with introductory notes upon the hydrography of the Illinois river and its basin. By C. A. Kofoid. Urbana, Ill., 1903-08 url p. 129, p. 129, p. 353, p. 353.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 381.
- Transactions. Columbus, Ohio [etc.] url p. 92.
- University of California publications in zoology. Berkeley: University Press, 1906- url p. 484.
- Zoological articles contributed to the "Encyclopaedia Britannica" / by E. Ray Lankester, to which are added kindred articles by W. Johnson Sollas. .. [et al.]. London: A. & C. Black, 1891. url p. 32.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed February 3, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 18, 2007:
- Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem, GEO Biodiversity Day
- NLBIF, Limnodata
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Priest Pot species list, Cumbria, Britain
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 1689730
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 14496716
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 2696279