- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- A. Pascher, 1914
- Green Algae
- Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Infraphylum: Tetraphytae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Subphylum: Chlorophytina () - Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Chlorophyta () - A. Pascher, 1914 - Green Algae
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Members of the genus Ulva
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 17 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
U. fasciata (Papahapaha) · U. intestinalis var. suhrii (Swollen Laurenzia) · U. lactuca (Chicory Sea Lettuce) · U. lactuca bullosa (Chicory Sea Lettuce) · U. lactuca crispa (Chicory Sea Lettuce) · U. lactuca laciniata (Chicory Sea Lettuce) · U. lactuca macrogyna (Chicory Sea Lettuce) · U. lactuca mesenteriformis (Chicory Sea Lettuce) · U. lactuca myriotrema (Chicory Sea Lettuce) · U. lactuca pulvinata (Chicory Sea Lettuce) · U. lactuca rosulans (Chicory Sea Lettuce) · U. linza (Slender Sea Lettuce) · U. pertusa (Awosa) · U. rigida (Sea Lettuce) · U. rigida fimbriata (Sea Lettuce) · U. rigida laciniata (Sea Lettuce) · U. rigida tropica (Sea Lettuce)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Collection of documents on Spitzbergen & Greenland: comprising a translation from F. Martens' Voyage to Spitzbergen, a translation from Isaac de La Peyrère's Histoire du Groenland, and God's power and providence in the preservation of eight men in Gree edited by Adam White. London: Printed for the Hakluyt Society, 1855. url p. 174.
- A history of the British freshwater Algæ, including descriptions of the Desmideæ and Diatomaceæ. .. By Arthur Hill Hassall. .. London, Taylor, Walton, and Maberly, 1852. url p. 17, p. 297, p. 298.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 344.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 98.
- British fresh-water algae, exclusive of Desmidieae and Diatomaceae, by M. C. Cooke. London, Williams and Norgate, 1882-1884. url p. 128.
- British fresh-water algae. Exclusive of Desmidieae and Diatomaceae. London, Westermann, 1882-84. url .
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 11, p. 12, p. 13.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 220.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 210.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 210.
- Chapters on the common things of the sea-coast. By Anne Pratt. London, Society for promoting Christian knowledge, 1856. url p. 166.
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 117.
- Essex naturalist: being the journal of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex, The Club. url p. 29.
- First forms of vegetation. London, Macmillan, 1874. url .
- Flora Scotica; or, A description of Scottish plants, arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods. London, Printed by R. and A. Taylor, for A. Constable, 1821. url p. 91.
- Flora hibernica, comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland, arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system, by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin, Simpkin, Marshall and co.; [etc., etc.]1836. url p. 243.
- Flora hibernica: comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland: arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin: W. Curry jun., 1836. url p. 243.
- Flora scotica, or, A description of Scottish plants arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods: in two parts / by William Jackson Hooker. .. Edinburgh: A. Constable, 1821. url p. 387.
- Footnotes from the page of nature; or, First forms of vegetation. Cambridge, Eng.: Macmillan, 1861. url p. 163.
- Fresh-water Algae of the United States; (exclusive of the Diatomaceae) complemental to Desmids of the United States. .. One hundred and fifty-one plates. .. including nine additional plates of desmids. By the Rev. Francis Wolle. .. Bethlehem, Pa., The Comenius Press, 1887. url p. 106.
- History of the British Freshwater Algae, including descriptions of the Desmideae and Diatomaciae. London, Taylor, 1852. url p. 297, p. 298.
- Hooker, J. D. The botany of the Antarctic voyage of H.M. discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the Years 1839-1843: under the command of Captain Sir James Clark Ross /by Joseph Dalton Hooker. London: Reeve Brothers, 1844-60. url p. 499, p. 574.
- Illustrations of the natural orders of plants with groups and descriptions. Reduced from the original folio ed. London: Sampson Low, Son, and Marston, 1868. url p. 539, p. 540.
- Introduction to cryptogamic botany. London, H. Bailliere; [etc., etc]1857. url .
- Life and letters of Sir Joseph Dalton Hooker, O.M., G.C.S.I.: based on materials collected and arranged by Lady Hooker / by Leonard Huxley. London: J. Murray, 1918. url p. 567.
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url , , .
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 341.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 187.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of S.Y. "Scotia" during the years 1902, 1903 and 1904, under the leadership of William S. Bruce. Edinburgh:Scottish Oceanographical Laboratory, 1907-20. url p. 127.
- Seemann, B. The botany of the voyage of H.M.S. Herald: under the command of Captain Henry Kellett, R.N., C.B., during the years 1845-51 /by Berthold Seemann. 1852-1857 London: Lovell Reeve, 1852-1857. url p. 481.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 189, p. 221, p. 221, p. 221.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1824-36. url p. 312.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 9 1867 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 241, p. 558.
- The Journal of the Postal Microscopical Society. [London: W.P. Collins, 1882-1883]. url p. 99.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 22, p. 393.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 552.
- The Victoria history of the county of Worcester. .. Westminster, [A. Constable and company, limited]1901-24. url p. 69.
- The micrographic dictionary; a guide to the examination and investigation of the structure and nature of microscopic objects. London, John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 659.
- The miscellaneous botanical works of Robert Brown vol. II, containing III. systematic memoirs, and IV. contributions to systematic works. London: Published for the Ray Society by R. Hardwicke, 1867. url .
- The sea-side book: being an introduction to the natural history of the British coasts / by W.H. Harvey. London: John Van Voorst, 1849. url , p. 60.
- The sea-side book; being an introduction to the natural history of the British coasts. By W.H. Harvey. .. London: J. Van Voorst, 1857. url , p. 324, p. 92.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 48.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. 7 1804 London: [The Society], 1791-1875. url p. 109.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle upon Tyne. Newcastle: T. & J. Hodgson; 1831-1838. url p. 126.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 16, 2012.