- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Commelinidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Magnoliopsida () - Brongniart, 1843 - Dicotyledons
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Members of the genus Arundo
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 13 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
A. canadensis (Canadian Giant Reed) · A. donax (Giant Reed) · A. donax var. donax (Giant Reed) · A. donax 'Macrophylla' (Giant Reed) · A. donax 'Variegata' (Variegata Striped Giant Reed) · A. donax 'Versicolor' (White-Striped Leaf Giant Reed) · A. epigeios (Chee Reed Grass) · A. formosana (Taiwan Grass) · A. formosana 'Golden Fountain' (Taiwan Grass) · A. formosana 'Green Fountain' (Taiwan Grass) · A. isiaca (Persian Cane) · A. phragmites (Giant Reed) · A. plinii (Dwarf Reed)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A complete dictionary of practical gardening: comprehending all the modern improvements in the art: whether in the raising of the various esculent vegetables, or in the forcing and managing of different sorts of fruits and plants, and that of la by Alexander McDonald. .. London: Printed for George Kearsley. .. by R. Taylor. .., 1807. url p. 136.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 141.
- A natural history of British grasses / by E.J. Lowe. London: John C. Nimmo, 1891. url p. 21.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property; and the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of ag By J. C. Loudon. London: Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1826. url p. 828, p. 831.
- An essay on the indigenous grasses of Ireland / by John White. Dublin: Printed by Graisberry and Campbell, 1808. url , p. 142.
- An introduction to physiological & systematical botany. Philadelphia, A. Finley;1814. url p. 142.
- An introduction to physiological and systematical botany. By James Edward Smith.... London, Longman, Hurst, Reese, and Orme, 1809. url p. 168.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 48 2003 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 121, p. 166, p. 198, p. 481.
- Elements of agricultural chemistry in a course of lectures for the Board of Agriculture. Philadelphia, B. Warner, 1821. url p. 294.
- Elements of agricultural chemistry, in a course of lectures for the Board of agriculture. By Sir Humphry Davy. .. Alexandria:and William F. Gray, 1815. url p. 410.
- Flora hibernica: comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland: arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin: W. Curry jun., 1836. url p. 296.
- Flora of Middlesex: a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county: with sketches of its Physical Geography and climate and of the progress of Middlesex Botany during the last three centuries. London, R. Hardwicke1869. url p. 314.
- Flora of Middlesex; a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county; with sketches of its physical geography and climate, and of the progress of Middlesex botany during the last three centuries, by Henry Trimen and William T. Thiselton Dyer. With a map. London, Robert Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 314.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url .
- Grasses of North America for farmers and students. .. / by W.J. Beal. Lansing: W.J. Beal, 1887-1896. url p. 183.
- Hooker, W. J. Botanical miscellany. 1 1830 London: J. Murray, 1830-1833. url p. 179.
- Hortus Gramineus Woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses and other plants used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals; instituted by John, Du London, J. Ridgway, 1824. url p. 464, p. 550, p. 65.
- Hortus gramineus Woburnensis: or, an account of the results of experiments on the produce, and nutritive qualities of different grasses, and other plants, used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John Duke of Bedford /Illustrated with dried specimens of the plants upon which these experiments have been made, and practical observations on their natural habits, and the soils best adapted to their growth; pointing out the kinds most profitable for permanent pasture, irrigated meadows, dry or upland pasture, and the alternate husbandry; accompanied with the discriminating characters of the species, and varieties. By George Sinclair. 1816 London: Printed by B. McMillan, 1816. url , , p. 252, p. 253, p. xlix.
- Hortus gramineus woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses and other plants used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John, du By George Sinclair. London: J. Ridgway, 1826. url p. 359, p. 360, p. 430.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 19 1881 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 42.
- Manual of the grasses of the United States... Wash., 1935. url p. 925.
- North Wales; including its scenery, antiquities, customs, and some sketches of its natural history; delineated from two excursions through all the interesting parts of that country, during the summers of 1798 and 1801. London, T. N. Longman and O. Rees, 1804. url p. 369.
- Pursh, F. T. Flora Americae Septentrionalis: or, A systematic arrangement and description of the plants of North america. Containing, besides what have been described by preceding authors, many new and rare species, collected during twelve years travels and residence in that country /by Frederick Pursh. .. 1 1814 London: Printed for White, Cochrance, and co., 1814. url p. 65.
- The British flora: comprising the phaenogamous or flowering plants, and the ferns / London, 1855. url p. 532.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 75.
- The English flora. London: Longman, 1824 url p. 74, p. 74.
- The Farmers' register. Richmond, Va.: Edmund Ruffin, 1833-1843. url p. 685.
- The Floral world and garden guide. London, Groombridge and Sons, 1858-1880. url p. 184.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley. A list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River, Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892. url .
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. 7 1897 London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 221, p. 221.
- The flora of British India. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1875-97. url .
- The grasses of Great Britain, London, R. Hardwicke url .
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle upon Tyne. Newcastle: T. & J. Hodgson; 1831-1838. url p. 4.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.