Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Chinese:
Jia Na Da Ye Qing Mao
Common Names in English:
Canadian Giant Reed
Common Names in Russian:
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Juncanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Commelinidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Magnoliopsida () - Brongniart, 1843 - Dicotyledons
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Members of the genus Arundo
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 13 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
A. canadensis (Canadian Giant Reed) · A. donax (Giant Reed) · A. donax var. donax (Giant Reed) · A. donax 'Macrophylla' (Giant Reed) · A. donax 'Variegata' (Variegata Striped Giant Reed) · A. donax 'Versicolor' (White-Striped Leaf Giant Reed) · A. epigeios (Chee Reed Grass) · A. formosana (Taiwan Grass) · A. formosana 'Golden Fountain' (Taiwan Grass) · A. formosana 'Green Fountain' (Taiwan Grass) · A. isiaca (Persian Cane) · A. phragmites (Giant Reed) · A. plinii (Dwarf Reed)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A compendium of the flora of the northern and middle states, containing generic and specific descriptions of all the plants, exclusive of the cryptogamia, hitherto found in the United States, north of the Potomac. New York, S. B. Collins, 1826. url p. 53.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 123, p. 123.
- A report upon the boreal flora of the Sierra Nevada of California / by Frank Jason Smiley. Berkeley, Calif.: University of California Press, 1921. url p. 97.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 209.
- An introduction to the study of botany, including a treatise on vegetable physiology, and descriptions of the most common plants in the middle and northern states. By J.L. Comstock. .. New York, Pratt, Woodford, Farmer & Brace, 1856 [c1854] url p. 307.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 102.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 227.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 1946 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 52, p. 86.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 511.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 33.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 11 1906 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 116, p. 121, p. 155, p. 156, p. 189, p. 196, p. 198, p. 209, p. 258, p. 261, p. 582, p. 60, p. 79, p. 80.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 80.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 80.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 116.
- Florula bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. By Jacob Bigelow. .. Boston, Cummings, Hilliard, & co., 1824. url p. 38.
- Florula cestrica: an essay towards a catalogue of the phænogamous plants, native and naturalized, growing in the vicinity of the borough of West-Chester, in Chester County, Pennsylvania; to which is subjoined an appen by William Darlington. West-Chester, Penn.: Printed for the author by S. Siegfried, 1826. url .
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 712.
- Hooker, W. J. Botanical miscellany. 1 1830 London: J. Murray, 1830-1833. url p. 179.
- Manual of the grasses of the United States / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington: U.S. G.P.O., 1935. url p. 819, p. 820.
- Narrative of an expedition through the upper Mississippi to Itasca Lake, the actual source of this river embracing an exploratory trip through the St. Croix and Burntwood (or Broule) rivers in 1832, under the direction of Henry R. Schoolcraft. New York: Harper & Brothers, 1834. url .
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 66.
- Summary narrative of an exploratory expedition to the sources of the Mississippi River, in 1820: resumed and completed, by the discovery of its origin in Itasca Lake, in 1832. By authority of the United States. With appendices, comprising. .. all of the official reports and scientific papers of b By Henry R. Schoolcraft. Philadelphia, Lippincott, Grambo, and co., 1855. url p. 519.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley. A list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River, Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892. url .
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 66.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url .
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 227.
- Transactions of the Maryland Academy of Sciences. Baltimore: The Academy, 1901- url p. 59.
- Transactions of the State Agricultural Society. .. Lansing: The Society, 1850-1856. url p. 400.
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url p. 142.
- Types of American grasses: a study of the American species of grasses described by Linnæus, Gronovius, Sloane, Swartz, and Michaux. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1908. url p. 156.
- University of California publications in botany. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1902-2001. url p. 97.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.