Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Armenian:
Gyulul, Vik Tzankapati
Common Names in Azerbaijani:
Common Names in Belarusian:
Garoshak Plotavy, Lyada, Myshak
Common Names in Chinese:
Dian Ye Wan Dou, Ye Wan Dou, Ye Wan Dou (Medicinal Name)
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Bush Vetch, Hedge Vetch
Common Names in Estonian:
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Vesce Des Haies, Vesce Sauvage
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Icelandic:
Common Names in Italian:
Veccia Delle Siepi
Common Names in Japanese:
Karasu No Endô
Common Names in Kazakh:
Common Names in Komi:
Common Names in Latvian:
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Moldavian:
Common Names in Mongolian:
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Russian:
Common Names in Spanish:
Arveja De Los Setos
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Ukrainian:
Habit: Herb • Climbing: Climbing
Flowers: Bloom Period: blooms repeatedly • Flower Color: purple
Size: 24-36" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,500 meters (0 to 8,202 feet).
Culture: Space 36-48" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Light Shade.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Vicia basilei Sennen and Mauricio
Members of the genus Vicia
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 266 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
V. acutifolia (Fourleaf Vetch) · V. alpestris (Goroshek Gornyi) · V. americana (American Deervetch) · V. americana americana (American Purple Vetch) · V. americana mexicana (American Vetch) · V. americana minor (American Vetch) · V. americana var. sinensis (American Vetch) · V. amoena (Cheder Ebs) · V. amoena amoena (Tsuru Fuji Bakama) · V. amurensis (Amaryn Gish) · V. articulata (Monantha Vetch) · V. benghalensis (Hairy Vetch) · V. bithynica (Bithynian Vetch) · V. caroliniana (Carolina Vetch) · V. cassubica (Danzig Vetch) · V. ciceroidea (Goroshek Nutovyi) · V. cracca (Bird Vetch) · V. cracca cracca (Bird Vetch) · V. cracca incana (Bird Vetch) · V. crocea (Goroshek Oranzhevyi) · V. disperma (European Vetch) · V. ervilia (Bitter Vetch) · V. faba (Ackerbohne) · V. faba faba (Ackerbohne) · V. faba minor (Fava-Bean) · V. faba paucijuga (Field Bean) · V. faba var. equina (Field-Bean) · V. faba var. minor (Ackerbohne) · V. faba 'Ackerperle' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Acme' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Alexandria' (Broad Bean 'alexandria') · V. faba 'Alladin' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Andes' Tan' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Annie Steffan's' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Ants' Purple' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Aprovecho' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Aprovecho Large' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Aprovecho Select' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Aquadulce' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Aquadulce Claudia' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Ascott' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Aztec' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Aztec Yellow' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Baba Beltzu' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Banner' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Bell' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Beryl' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Big Ben' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Blue Anton' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Bohusbone' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Bohus Delikatess' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Bonnie Lad' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Bope' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Bowman' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Broad Windsor' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Brunette' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Bunyard's Exhibition' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Cairo Market' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Castillo Franco' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Chak'rusga' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Chiapas Red and Tan' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Coffee Bean' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Coles Dwarf' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Colossal' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Conqueror' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Con Amore' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Copper Fava' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Cordiero' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Crimson-Flowered' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Cuku Pupas' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Cypriot Fava' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Dali' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Deiniol' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Dreadnaught' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Driemaal Wit' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Dwarf Prolific' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Egyptian' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'English Longpod' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Espanola Valley' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Excel' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Express' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Express Longpod' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Extra Early Purple Seed' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Extra Early White Seed' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Feligreen' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Fidrim' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Fillbasket' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Finland' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Foul Muddammmas' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Franz Nachbau' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Frog Island Nation' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Fury' (Broad Bean 'fury') · V. faba 'Futura' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Giant Exhibition Longpod' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Goteryd' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Grebo' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Green Windsor' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Grosse Bohne' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Guatemalan Purple' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Gubbestad' (Broad Bean)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- 2nd International congress of entomology, Oxford, August, 1912. .. Oxford, Printed by Hazell, Watson & Viney, Ld., 1913-14. url p. 388, p. 390.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url .
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 39.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 262.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url , p. 73.
- A general history of the dichlamydeous plants, comprising complete descriptions of the different orders; together with the characters of the genera and species, and an enumeration of the cultivated varieties. .. the scientific names accentuated, t By George Don. London, J.G. and F. Rivington [etc.]1831-38. url p. 322.
- A general system of gardening and botany. Founded upon Miller's Gardener's dictionary, and arranged according to the natural system. By George Don. London, Printed for C. J. G. and F. Rivington, 1831-38. url p. 322.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 369, p. 376.
- A handbook of British Lepidoptera, by Edward Meyrick. London, Macmillan, 1895. url p. 154, p. 154, p. 663, p. 663, p. 739, p. 739.
- A monograph of the British Uredineae and Ustilagineae, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. London, Paul, Trench & Co., 1889. url , .
- A monograph of the British Uredineæ and Ustilagineæ, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. By Charles B. Plowright. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1889. url p. 125, p. 38.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 202, p. 617.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 79.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 109, p. 124, p. 77.
- A study of some characteristics of vegetable oils, by James B. McNair. 9 1930 Chicago, 1930. url p. 55, p. 63.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 84.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url , p. 103, p. 111, p. 116, p. 118, p. 119, p. 119, p. 122, p. 128, p. 129, p. 139, p. 149, p. 158, p. 168, p. 18, p. 19, p. 19, p. 202, p. 207, p. 208, p. 214, p. 226, p. 233, p. 247, p. 26, p. 27, p. 286, p. 299, p. 31, p. 33, p. 390, p. 40, p. 40, p. 42, p. 44, p. 45, p. 474, p. 48, p. 527, p. 53, p. 535, p. 542, p. 589, p. 6, p. 6, p. 70, p. 78, p. 87, p. 93, p. 96, p. 96, p. 97, p. 98.
- Afoot through the Kashmir valleys, London: Sands & company, 1901. url p.
- Agriculture, ancient and modern: a historical account of its principles and practice, exemplified in their rise, progress, and development. By Samuel Copland, the "Old Norfolk farmer" of the Mark Lane Express. . London, Virtue and company, 1866. url p. 502, p. 590.
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 62.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property; and the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of ag By J. C. Loudon. London: Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1826. url p. 773, p. 825.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 359.
- An introduction to botany, by John Lindley. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, & Longman, 1832. url p. 390.
- An introduction to botany. By John Lindley. London, Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1848. url p. 360.
- An introduction to the embryology of angiosperms. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1950. url p. 311.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 171, p. 171, p. 262.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 205.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 73.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 37.
- Archivos. Rio de JaneiroImprensa Nacional url p. 30.
- Botanical names for English readers / by Randal H. Alcock. London: L. Reeve, 1876. url p. 72.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 215, p. 249.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url , p. 187, p. 377, p. 68, p. 96.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 197, p. 74.
- British and European butterflies and moths (Macrolepidoptera). By A. W. Kappel. .. and W. Egmont Kirby. .. With thirty coloured plates by H. Deuchert and S. Slocombe. Printed in [Nuremberg] Bavaria. London, E. Nister; url p. 174.
- British butterflies and mothes: an introduction to the study of our native Lepidoptera. By H.T. Stainton. .. London, Reeve & Co., 1867. url p. 258.
- British husbandry; exhibiting the farming practice in various parts of the United Kingdom. LondonBaldwin and Cradock1840 url p. 616.
- British plant-galls; a classified text book of cecidology, London, Methuen & co. ltd. url .
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 293, p. 293.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url .
- British vegetable galls, an introduction to their study, by Edward T. Connold. .. Illustrated with one hundred and thirty full-page plates and twenty-seven smaller drawings. London, Hutchinson & co., 1901. url .
- British wild flowers: familiarly described in the four seasons for the use of beginners and amateurs / by Thomas Moore. London, Reeve, 1867. url p. 222.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 383, p. 395, p. 85.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., Govt. Print. Off., 1913-1923. url p. 12, p. 12.
- Bulletin. [Orono.] url p. 73.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. CambridgeUniversity Press1908-14 url p. 368.
- Chapters in modern botany, by Patrick Geddes. London, J. Murray, 1893. url p. 28.
- Chapters in popular natural history. By Sir John Lubbock, Bart.. .. Arranged as an advanced reading book for use in elementary and higher schools. London: National Society's Depository,  url p. viii.
- Colonsay, one of the Hebrides, its plants: their local names and usses--legends, ruins, and place-names--Gaelic names of birds, fishes, etc.--climate, geological formation, etc. By Murdoch McNeill. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1910. url p. 114.
- Common and scientific names of weeds in Canada = Noms populaires et scientifiques des plantes nuisibles du Canada / Ottawa: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada = Agriculture et agroalimentaire Canada, c2000. url p. 132.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 658.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.Hodges, Smith, 1866. url p. 15, p. 79.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 237, p. 27, p. 304, p. 330, p. 337, p. 412.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 80.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 80.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 337, p. 455, p. 66.
- Diseases of field and garden crops: chiefly such as are caused by fungi. London, MacMillan, 1884. url p. 265.
- Diseases of plants induced by cryptogamic parasites: introduction to the study of pathogenic Fungi, slime-Fungi, bacteria, & Algae / London; Longmans, Green & co., 1897. url , .
- Economic entomology. [London]Chapman and Hall url p. 372.
- Edmonston's flora of Shetland: comprehending a list of the prevalent wild-flowers, horse-tails, club-mosses and ferns of the Shetland Isles. Edinburgh; Oliphant, Anderson & Ferrier, 1903. url p. 62.
- Elements of practical agriculture; comprehending the cultivation of plants, the husbandry of the domestic animals, and the economy of the farm. London: Longman, [etc., etc.], 1838. url p. 410.
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url p. 223.
- Epping Forest / by Edward North Buxton. London: E. Stanford, 1885. url p. 118.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 828.
- Experimental pollination; an outline of the ecology of flowers and insects, by Frederic E. Clements and Frances L. Long. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1923. url p. 132.
- Farm insects: being the natural history and economy of the insects injurious to the field crops of Great Britain and Ireland, and also those which infest barns and granaries, with suggestions for their destruction. Edinburgh, Blackie & Son, 1860. url p. 488, p. 489, p. 516, p. 519, p. 528.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 116.
- Field and woodland plants, by W.S. Furneaux. With 8 plates in colour, and numerous illustrations by Patten Wilson, and photographs from nature by the author. London, Longmans, Green, 1911. url p. 92.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 57, p. 64.
- Flora of Cambridgeshire; or, A catalogue of plants found in the county of Cambridge; with references to former catalogues, and the localities of the rarer species. London, J. Van Voorst, 1860. url .
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 81.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 564.
- Flora of Marlborough; with notices of birds and a sketch of the geological features of the neighborhood. .. London, J. Van Voorst, 1863. url p. 25.
- Flora of the Bristol coal-field. Edited (for the Bristol Naturalists' Society) by James Walter White. .. Bristol, J. Fawn & Son [etc.]1881- url p. 50.
- Flora scotica, or, A description of Scottish plants arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods: in two parts / by William Jackson Hooker. .. Edinburgh: A. Constable, 1821. url p. 564.
- Flora vectensis: being a systematic description of the phænogamous or flowering plants and ferns indigenous to the Isle of Wight. London, W. Pamplin, 1856. url .
- Flowers, fruits and leaves. London: Macmillan, 1886. url .
- Forestry. London: W. Rider, [1883-1886]. url p. 260.
- Forests and forestry of northern Russia and lands beyond / comp. by John Croumbie Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1884- url p. 184.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 15.
- Green manures and manuring in the tropics, including an account of the economic value of leguminosæ as sources of foodstuffs, vegetable oils, drugs, &c. By P. de Sornay. .. tr. by F.W. Flattely. .. from the well-known work, "Les plantes tropicales alimentaires et industrielles de la famille des légumineuses." London, J. Bale, Sons & Danielsson, Ltd., 1916. url .
- Ground beetles (Carabidae) of Fennoscandia: a zoogeographic study / by Carl H. Lindroth; Joachim Adis, scientific editor. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1989- url p. 476.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 1213.
- Handbook of British fungi, with full descriptions of all the species, and illustrations of the genera. By M. C. Cooke, M.A. London, Macmillan and co., 1871. url p. 452.
- Handbook of British fungi: with full descriptions of all the species, and illustrations of the genera / by M.C. Cooke. London: Macmillan, 1871. url p. 508.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 261, p. 98, p. vi.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 122.
- Handbook of the Torquay flora; comprising the flowering plants and ferns growing in and around Torquay, with their respective habitats. By Robert Stewart, M.R.C.S. London, E. Croydon, Royal Library;1860. url p. 36.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url , p. 208, p. 281, p. 89.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 477.
- Hints for American husbandmen, with communications to the Pennsylvania Agricultural Society. By order of the directors. Philadelphia, Printed by Clark & Raser, 1827. url .
- Hortus Gramineus Woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses, &c. &c., used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals; instituted by John, Duke of B London, W. Ridgway, 1869. url .
- Hortus gramineus Woburnensis: or, an account of the results of experiments on the produce, and nutritive qualities of different grasses, and other plants, used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John Duke of Bedford /Illustrated with dried specimens of the plants upon which these experiments have been made, and practical observations on their natural habits, and the soils best adapted to their growth; pointing out the kinds most profitable for permanent pasture, irrigated meadows, dry or upland pasture, and the alternate husbandry; accompanied with the discriminating characters of the species, and varieties. By George Sinclair. 1816 London: Printed by B. McMillan, 1816. url p. 102, p. 5.
- Hortus gramineus woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses and other plants used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John, du By George Sinclair. London: J. Ridgway, 1826. url p. 130, p. 131, p. 189, p. 33, p. 38, p. 396.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url , p. 197.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 189, p. 202, p. 294.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- Insect life / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Division of Entomology. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, url p. 340, p. 378.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 536.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 55, p. 83, p. 95.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 409.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url , p. 64, p. 70.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 101, p. 105, p. 117, p. 119, p. 15, p. 155, p. 162, p. 17, p. 200, p. 204, p. 21, p. 213, p. 214, p. 230, p. 233, p. 251, p. 259, p. 277, p. 280, p. 29, p. 295, p. 301, p. 305, p. 306.
- Journal of the Royal Agricultural Society of England. London:Royal Agricultural Society of England [etc.], 1840-2002. url p. 55, p. 81.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 979, p. 987.
- Knowledge. v. 1-40; Nov. 1881-Dec. 1917. LondonWyman [etc.] url p. 376.
- Lectures on plant physiology / by Ludwig Jost; authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 57.
- Lectures on plant physiology / translated by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 57.
- Lectures on plant physiology. Authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 13, p. 57.
- Lectures on the elements of botany. Part I. Containing the descriptive anatomy of those organs, on which the growth and preservation of the vegetable depend. By Anthony Todd Thomson, F. L. S.. .. Vol. I. London, Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown, 1822. url p. 522.
- Loudon's encyclopaedia of plants; comprising the specific character, description, culture, history, application in the arts, and every other desirable particular respecting all the plants indigenous to, cultivated in, or introduced in Edited by Mrs. Loudon, assisted by George Don and David Wooster. London, Longmans, Green, 1866. url p. 623.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1874. url .
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by Charles Cardale Babington. London: John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 83.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 186, p. 187.
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url p. 23.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 117, p. 139, p. 139, p. 142, p. 178, p. 203, p. 298, p. 93.
- Mémoires. Bruxelles, The Society. url p. 150.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 189, p. 498, p. 82.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 8 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 157.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 195, p. 221, p. 335, p. 354, p. 356, p. 381.
- On British wild flowers considered in relation to insects. London, MacMillan, 1890. url p. 96.
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 108, p. 495, p. 498, p. 509, p. 510.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 361.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 34.
- Plant anatomy from the standpoint of the development and functions of the tissues, and handbook of micro-technic, by William Chase Stevens. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston, 1910. url p. 200.
- Plant physiology; authorized English translation by R. J. HarveyGibson; supplement incorporating the alterations of the 2d ed. of the German original. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1913. url p. 57.
- Plant-geography upon a physiological basis. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1903. url p. 711.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 264.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 264.
- Plants, their natural growth and ornamental treatment, Belfast, Marcus Ward & Co., 1874. url .
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 105.
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 166.
- Popular science news, formerly Boston journal of chemistry. A popular illustrated monthly devoted to the progress in zoology, botany, mineralogy, archaeology, hygiene, invention, with related physical sciences and general v. 1-36; July 1866-Dec. 1902. Boston, J.R. Nichols & co. [etc.]1866-; New York, W. O. Allison [etc., 1894]-1902. url p. 86.
- Practical hints respecting moths and butterflies, with notices of their localities: forming a calendar of entomological operations throughout the year, in pursuit of Lepidoptera / by Richard Shield. London: John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 166, p. 166.
- Proceedings - Cambridge Philosophical Society. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society [etc.] url p. 224.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url , , p. 127, p. 45, p. 66, p. 72, p. 73, p. 74, p. 75, p. 76, p. 83.
- Proceedings of the Bristol Naturalists' Society. Bristol: The Society, 1863-1912. url p. 147, p. 5, p. 65.
- Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, Mathematical and physical sciences. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society. url p. 92.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 309.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 762.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 10, p. 235, p. 535, p. 589, p. 723, p. 90.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria. Melbourne: The Society, 1889- url p. 208, p. 208, p. 358, p. 358.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 28, p. 44, p. 8.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url p. 114, p. 130, p. 211, p. 85, p. 89, p. 90.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 174.
- Rust, smut, mildew & mould. An introduction to the study of microscopic fungi, by M.C. Cooke. Illustrated with 269 coloured figures, by J. E. Sowerby. London, W. H. Allen, 1886. url p. 212.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 154.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 102.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 558, p. 612, p. 618.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 351, p. 380.
- Spixiana. 12 1989 München: Zoologische Staatssammlung München, 1977- url p. 236.
- Sport in Norway, and where to find it. Together with a short account of the vegetable productions of the country. To which is added, a list of the Alpine flora of the Dovre fjeld and of the Norwegian ferns, &c. By M. R. Barnard. .. London, Chapman and Hall, 1864. url p. 285.
- Studies in seeds and fruits, an investigation with the balance, London, Williams and Norgate, 1912. url , , , , , , , , .
- Sub-alpine plants: or, Flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / by H. Stuart Thompson; with 33 coloured plates (168 figures) by George Flemwell. London: Dutton, 1912. url p. 128.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / [London]: E.P. Dutton & Co., 1912. url .
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1676.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 74.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia and dictionary of rural affairs: embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry / adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 239.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url p. 572.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia; embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, New York, A. O. Moore, 1858. url p. 570, p. 572.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 333, p. 446, p. 446, p. 77, p. 77, p. 78, p. 78.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 107, p. 224, p. 228, p. 229, p. 229, p. 229, p. 237, p. 240, p. 37, p. 42, p. 42, p. 83, p. 99, p. 99.
- The British Tortrices / by S.J. Wilkinson. London: John van Voorst, 1859. url p. 139.
- The British rust fungi (Uredinales) their biology and classification, Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url , .
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 305.
- The Coleoptera of the British islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. / by the Rev. W. W. Fowler. London: L. Reeve & co., 1887-1913. url p. 138, p. 158, p. 298.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 322.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 286.
- The Entomologist's annual. London: John Van Voorst, 1855-1874. url p. 63.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 111, p. 136, p. 307, p. 90.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 11, p. 110, p. 179, p. 18, p. 182, p. 185, p. 194, p. 269, p. 61, p. 80, p. 81.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 152.
- The Farmer's magazine. [London: Rogerson and Tuxford, 1834-1881. url p. 253.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , p. 18, p. 436.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 499, p. 744, p. 851.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 155, p. 375, p. 380, p. 384, p. 428, p. 638, p. 709, p. 730, p. 758, p. 95.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 92.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 161, p. 174, p. 22, p. 262, p. 97.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 48, p. 77, p. 77.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 1048.
- The Lepidoptera of the British Islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, their preparatory states, habits, and localities / by Charles G. Barrett. London: L. Reeve, 1893-1907. url p. 194, p. 235.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 31, p. 354, p. 54, p. 65, p. 94, p. 96.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 299.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 166, p. 166.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 177, p. 189, p. 223, p. 254, p. 261, p. 319, p. 394, p. 394, p. 42, p. 504.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 502, p. 624, p. 801, p. 828.
- The Popular science monthly New York: D. Appleton url p. 166.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 166.
- The Rothamsted experiments on the growth of wheat, barley, and the mixed herbage of grass land. London, H. Cox, 1888. url p. 221.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 144, p. 145.
- The Scottish botanical review. Edinburgh: Neill & Co., 1912. url p. 158.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url , p. 120, p. 124, p. 170, p. 187, p. 209, p. 232, p. 250, p. 284, p. 316, p. 80, p. 92.
- The Victoria history of the county of Kent; ed. by William Page. London, Constable, 1908- url p. 168, p. 169.
- The agricultural changes required by these times, and laying down land to grass. .. Kelso [Eng.]J. & J. H. Rutherfurd, 1905. url .
- The agriculturist's manual: being a familiar description of the agricultural plants cultivated in Europe: including practical observations respecting those suited to the climate of Great Britain and forming a report of Lawson's by Peter Lawson & Son. Edinburgh: William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh: Thomas Cadell, 141 Strand, London; and W. Curry Jun. & Co., Dublin, 1836. url p. 174.
- The anthocyanin pigments of plants. By Muriel Wheldale. Cambridge, University Press, 1916. url p. 25, p. 285.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 150.
- The book of the seasons; or, The calendar of nature. LondonR. Bentley1833 url p. 125.
- The botany of Iceland, edited by L. Kolderup Rosenvinge and Eug. Warming. Copenhagen, J. Frimodt, 1912- url p. 301.
- The code of agriculture; including observations on gardens, orchards, woods and plantations; with an account of all recent improvements in the management of arable and grass land. By John Sinclair. London, Sherwood, Gilbert & Piper, 1832. url p. 82, p. 95, p. 96.
- The coleoptera of the British Islands, a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. London, Reeve, 1887-91. url p. 138, p. 158, p. 298.
- The effects of cross and self fertilisation in the vegetable kingdom / by Charles Darwin. London: J. Murray, 1900. url p. 420.
- The farmer's and planter's encyclopaedia of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, suited to the comprehension of unscientific readers. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. With extensive additions adapting the work to the United States. .. By Gouverneur Emerson. .. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1868. url p. 572.
- The farmer's encyclopædia, and dictionary of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry. Adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers. .. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. Adapted to the United States by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 239.
- The farmer's guide to scientific and practical agriculture. Detailing the labors of the farmer, in all their variety, and adapting them to the seasons of the year as they successively occur. By Henry Stephens, assisted by John P. Norton. New York, L. Scott, 1850-1851. url p. 577, p. 582.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 202, p. 206, p. 220, p. 582, p. 669.
- The field botanist's companion: comprising a familiar account, in the four seasons, of the most common of the wild flowering plants of the British Isles / by Thomas Moore. London: L. Reeve, 1862. url p. 222.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 153.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. 2 1879 London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 179.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 50.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 50.
- The flora of Harrow: by J. Cosmo Melvill. Harrow, Green and Co.;1876. url p. 28.
- The flora of Oxfordshire and its contiguous counties: (comprising the flowering plants only;) arranged in easy and familiar language according to the Linnaean and natural systems; preceded by an introduction to botany / Oxford: H. Slatter, 1833. url p. 209, p. 209.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 35.
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 347.
- The history of Harting, by the Rev. H.D. Gordon. With a chapter on the geology of the district, by the late Sir Roderick Impey Murchison, and some notice of its fauna and flora, by J. Weaver. London: Printed for the authors by W. Davy, 1877. url p. 475.
- The micrographic dictionary; a guide to the examination and investigation of the structure and nature of microscopic objects, by J. W. Griffith and Arthur Henfrey. London, J. Van Voorst, 1883. url p. 496.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 511, p. 981.
- The natural history of the Tineina. .. By H. T. Stainton, assisted by Professor Zeller and J. W. Douglas. London, J. Van Voorst; [etc., etc.]1855-73. url , p. 20, p. 30, p. 31, p. 32, p. 33, p. 6, p. 7.
- The naturalised flora of South Australia / by J.M. Black. Adelaide: J.M. Black, 1909. url p. 56.
- The naturalist in Norway: or, Notes on the wild animals, birds, fishes, and plants of that country. .. / by Rev. J. Bowden. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1869. url p. 238.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 228, p. 272, p. 329, p. 339, p. 340, p. 56, p. 85.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 186, p. 231.
- The vegetation of the New Jersey Pine-Barrens: an ecologic investigation / by John W. Harshberger. Philadelphia: Christopher Sower Company, 1916. url p. 293.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , , .
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Tracts relative to botany, tr. from different languages. Illustrated by nine copper plates, and occasional remarks. London, Printed by Phillips and Fardon [etc.]1805. url p. 72.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url , , p. 118, p. 55, p. 55.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 180, p. 180.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 205, p. 418.
- Transactions of the British Mycological Society. London: Cambridge University Press, [1897-c1988] url p. 7.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 200, p. 302.
- Transactions of the Entomological Society of London. London, The Society. url p. 140, p. 390, p. 390.
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url , , , , p. 184, p. 76, p. 79.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 175, p. 180, p. 369.
- Transactions of the New-York State Agricultural Society. .. Albany: The Society, 1842-1889. url p. 253.
- Transactions of the Tyneside Naturalists' Field Club. Newcastle-upon-Tyne: F. & W. Dodsworth, 1850-1864. url p. 202.
- Transactions of the Watford Natural History Society and Hertfordshire Field Club. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1875-1880. url , p. 102, p. 142, p. 38, p. 49.
- Vegetation of the Peak District / C. E. Moss. Cambridge: University Press, 1913. url p. 111, p. 55, p. 76, p. 94.
- Vegetation of the Peak District. Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url p. 111, p. 114, p. 139, p. 159, p. 55, p. 63, p. 76, p. 94, p. 94.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 226, p. 238.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 238.
- Wild flowers. London, Dodge url p. 67.
- Withering, W. A systematic arrangement of British plants: with an easy introduction to the study of botany. 3 1801 London: Printed for T. Cadell, jun [etc.], 1801. url p. 623.
- Works on forestry [by] J.C. Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1883-87. url p. 184.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 9699.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 11, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed December 24, 2006. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 27 providers.
- ILDIS World Database of Legumes. Release date: May 1, 2007
- ILDIS World Database of LegumesNov 10, 2005.
- Rico ML, 1994 (from ILDIS).
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (May 01, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 14, 2007:
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Scottish Borders Biological Records Centre - SWT Scottish Borders Local Wildlife Site Survey data 1996-2000 - species information
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2650800
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-5326
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 5347612
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:73560-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 41572
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 26357
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: VISES
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 68024