Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Belarusian:
Common Names in Chinese:
Guang Bu Ye Wan Dou
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in English:
Bird Vetch, Blue Vetch, Boreal Vetch, Cow Vetch, Tufted Vetch
Common Names in Finnish:
Hiiren Virna, Hiirenvirna
Common Names in French:
Vesce Cracca, Vesce Jargeau (Canada)
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Kazakh:
Common Names in Komi:
Common Names in Latvian:
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Moldavian:
Common Names in Mongolian:
Khulganyn Gish, Yagaankhutzenge
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Polish:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Russian:
Goroshek Myshinyj, Goroshek Myshynyi, Mazariche Pasareasca, Myshinyi Goroshek
Common Names in Spanish:
Arveja, Veza De Pajaros
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Swiss:
Common Names in Ukrainian:
Common Names in Yakut:
Kurrguges Kuruene Vika
Habit: Herb • Climbing: Climbing
Flowers: Bloom Period: June. • Flower Color: blue-violet, lavender, purple, violet
Size: 36-48" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,701 meters (0 to 15,423 feet).
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Cracca major Gren. and Godr. • Vicia cracca var. canescens Franch. and Sav. • Vicia cracca var. japonica Miq. • Vicia heteropus Freyn • Vicia macrophylla (Maxim.)b. Fedtsch. • Vicia oiana Honda • Vicia oreophila Zert. • Vicia variabilis Grossh.
Members of the genus Vicia
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 266 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
V. acutifolia (Fourleaf Vetch) · V. alpestris (Goroshek Gornyi) · V. americana (American Deervetch) · V. americana americana (American Purple Vetch) · V. americana mexicana (American Vetch) · V. americana minor (American Vetch) · V. americana var. sinensis (American Vetch) · V. amoena (Cheder Ebs) · V. amoena amoena (Tsuru Fuji Bakama) · V. amurensis (Amaryn Gish) · V. articulata (Monantha Vetch) · V. benghalensis (Hairy Vetch) · V. bithynica (Bithynian Vetch) · V. caroliniana (Carolina Vetch) · V. cassubica (Danzig Vetch) · V. ciceroidea (Goroshek Nutovyi) · V. cracca (Bird Vetch) · V. cracca cracca (Bird Vetch) · V. cracca incana (Bird Vetch) · V. crocea (Goroshek Oranzhevyi) · V. disperma (European Vetch) · V. ervilia (Bitter Vetch) · V. faba (Ackerbohne) · V. faba faba (Ackerbohne) · V. faba minor (Fava-Bean) · V. faba paucijuga (Field Bean) · V. faba var. equina (Field-Bean) · V. faba var. minor (Ackerbohne) · V. faba 'Ackerperle' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Acme' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Alexandria' (Broad Bean 'alexandria') · V. faba 'Alladin' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Andes' Tan' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Annie Steffan's' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Ants' Purple' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Aprovecho' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Aprovecho Large' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Aprovecho Select' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Aquadulce' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Aquadulce Claudia' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Ascott' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Aztec' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Aztec Yellow' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Baba Beltzu' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Banner' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Bell' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Beryl' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Big Ben' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Blue Anton' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Bohusbone' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Bohus Delikatess' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Bonnie Lad' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Bope' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Bowman' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Broad Windsor' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Brunette' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Bunyard's Exhibition' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Cairo Market' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Castillo Franco' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Chak'rusga' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Chiapas Red and Tan' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Coffee Bean' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Coles Dwarf' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Colossal' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Conqueror' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Con Amore' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Copper Fava' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Cordiero' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Crimson-Flowered' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Cuku Pupas' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Cypriot Fava' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Dali' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Deiniol' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Dreadnaught' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Driemaal Wit' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Dwarf Prolific' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Egyptian' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'English Longpod' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Espanola Valley' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Excel' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Express' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Express Longpod' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Extra Early Purple Seed' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Extra Early White Seed' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Feligreen' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Fidrim' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Fillbasket' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Finland' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Foul Muddammmas' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Franz Nachbau' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Frog Island Nation' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Fury' (Broad Bean 'fury') · V. faba 'Futura' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Giant Exhibition Longpod' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Goteryd' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Grebo' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Green Windsor' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Grosse Bohne' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Guatemalan Purple' (Broad Bean) · V. faba 'Gubbestad' (Broad Bean)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 220.
- A class-book of botany; designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. .. illustrated by a flora of the northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the capitol, lat. 38 3/4 o. Boston, Crocker & Brewster, 1849. url p. 220.
- A description of the western islands of Scotland, including the Isle of Man comprising an account of their geological structure; with remarks on their agriculture, scenery, and antiquities. By John Macculloch, M. D. In three volumes. London: Printed for Hurst, Robinson, and Co.; [etc., etc.], 1819. url p. 140.
- A dictionary of American plant names, compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill., W. N. Clute, 1923. url p. 28.
- A general system of gardening and botany. Founded upon Miller's Gardener's dictionary, and arranged according to the natural system. By George Don. London, Printed for C. J. G. and F. Rivington, 1831-38. url p. 322.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 375, p. 376.
- A hand-book to the order Lepidoptera. By W.F. Kirby. .. London, E. Lloyd, limited, 1896-1897. url p. 126.
- A handbook of British Lepidoptera, by Edward Meyrick. London, Macmillan, 1895. url p. 154, p. 154.
- A handbook of British butterflies, being an outline of the distribution of all the British butterflies together with their food plants, times of appearance, and favorite places of resort. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1902. url p. 7.
- A history of British butterflies / by the Rev. F.O. Morris; with seventy-one coloured plates. London: Groombridge and Sons, 1853. url p. 30.
- A history of Longridge and district. By Tom. C. Smith. .. Preston: Printed by C.W. Whitehead, 1888. url p. 262.
- A manual of the flora of northern Idaho /Carl Epling and Joe Ewan. 2 1941 1941. url p. 414.
- A monograph of the British Uredineae and Ustilagineae, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. London, Paul, Trench & Co., 1889. url , , , , .
- A monograph of the British Uredineæ and Ustilagineæ, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. By Charles B. Plowright. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1889. url p. 120, p. 134, p. 140, p. 329.
- A natural history of British moths. .. / by the Rev. F.O. Morris. London: H. E. Knox, 1871. url p. 57, p. 58.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 77.
- Abstract of proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng.]: South London Entomological and Natural History Society, [1885-1896] url p. 82.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 103, p. 104, p. 104, p. 104, p. 107, p. 108, p. 109, p. 109, p. 114, p. 116, p. 117, p. 118, p. 119, p. 12, p. 120, p. 121, p. 121, p. 122, p. 122, p. 122, p. 123, p. 131, p. 135, p. 138, p. 139, p. 149, p. 153, p. 162, p. 168, p. 170, p. 177, p. 180, p. 185, p. 19, p. 190, p. 201, p. 202, p. 203, p. 204, p. 21, p. 213, p. 219, p. 225, p. 226, p. 23, p. 230, p. 24, p. 259, p. 26, p. 260, p. 28, p. 29, p. 29, p. 299, p. 30, p. 300, p. 31, p. 31, p. 32, p. 32, p. 33, p. 33, p. 332, p. 34, p. 36, p. 36, p. 37, p. 37, p. 37, p. 38, p. 38, p. 39, p. 398, p. 40, p. 40, p. 406, p. 42, p. 429, p. 43, p. 43, p. 44, p. 47, p. 49, p. 50, p. 53, p. 53, p. 53, p. 54, p. 56, p. 66, p. 67, p. 68, p. 70, p. 70, p. 71, p. 74, p. 75, p. 77, p. 79, p. 82, p. 83, p. 84, p. 84, p. 85, p. 86, p. 89, p. 89, p. 92, p. 92, p. 96, p. 97, tbl II.
- All about country life: being a dictionary of rural avocations, and of knowledge necessary to the management of the farm, the stable, the stockyard, and a gentleman's out of town residence and property. London: Ward, Lock, and Tyler, [189-?] url p. 296.
- American journal of physiology. [Bethesda, Md., etc.]American Physiological Society [etc.] url p. 459.
- An account of British flies (Diptera). By Fred. V. Theobald. London: E. Stock, 1892. url p. 75, p. 75.
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Ross, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828. url p. 870.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property; and the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of ag By J. C. Loudon. London: Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1826. url p. 773.
- An illustrated natural history of British moths / by Edward Newman. London: Hardwicke and Bogue,  url p. 461.
- An introduction to cytology, by Lester W. Sharp. .. New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1921. url p. 173, p. 269.
- An introduction to the study of English botany; with a glossary of terms. London: H. Washbourne, 1832. url p. 76.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 156, p. 156, p. 228, p. 298, p. 440.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 41.
- Annual report / Entomological Society of Ontario. Toronto, The Society. url p. 41, p. 73.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 114.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 226, p. 227, p. 242, p. 72.
- Annual report of the regents of the university of the state of New York on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History and the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 77.
- Annual reports of the Department of Agriculture. .. Washington: G.P.O., [1894?]-1924. url p. 302.
- Anzeiger der Kaiserlichen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Mathematisch-Naturwissenschaftliche Classe. Wien: Der Akademie, 1864-1914. url p. 199, p. 199.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 1 - 10 1908 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 20, p. 27, p. 30.
- Biochemical systematics [by] Ralph E. Alston [and] B. L. Turner. Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall url p. 83.
- Boston journal of natural history. 1 1834-1837 Boston, Boston Society of Natural History. url p. 94.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 215, p. 225, p. 226, p. 4.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 215, p. 249.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url , , , p. 104, p. 129, p. 197, p. 201, p. 37, p. 42, p. 446, p. 462, p. 90, p. 91, p. 92, p. 95.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 9.
- Botany of the living plant, by F.O. Bower. In the third edition he was assisted by J.M.F. Drummond, and George Bond, in this fourth edition by C.W. Wardlaw. London, Macmillan and Co., ltd., 1947. url p. 345.
- Botany of the northern and middle states, or, A description of the plants found in the United States, north of Virginia: arranged according to the natural system: with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnaean system. .. / Albany: Printed by Webster and Skinners. .., 1833. url p. 88.
- British and European butterflies and moths (Macrolepidoptera). By A. W. Kappel. .. and W. Egmont Kirby. .. With thirty coloured plates by H. Deuchert and S. Slocombe. Printed in [Nuremberg] Bavaria. London, E. Nister; url p. 3.
- British bee journal & bee-keepers adviser. London. url p. 229.
- British birds. London, Witherby & Co. url p. 37.
- British butterflies and their transformations: arranged and illustrated in a series of plates by H.N. Humphreys; with characters and descriptions by J.O. Westwood. London: William Smith, 1841. url p. 32.
- British fungi. Phycomycetes and Ustilagineae. By George Massee. London, L. Reeve and Co., 1891. url p. 228.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url , , p. 150, p. 40, p. 42, p. 82, p. 89.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 502.
- Bulletin - Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono]Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. url .
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 114.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 191.
- Bulletin / Ontario Agricultural College and Experimental Farm. Toronto: Ontario Dept. of Agriculture, url p. 94.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 36.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. 1895-1897 Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 50, p. 55, p. 6.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 382, p. 383, p. 392, p. 395, p. 396, p. 59, p. 63, p. 96.
- Bulletin of the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences. Buffalo, N.Y.: Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences, 1873- url p. 117.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass., Essex Institute. url p. 99.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 6 1875-1879 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 219, p. 366.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., Govt. Print. Off., 1913-1923. url p. 12, p. 12.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 36, p. 41, p. 55, p. 79.
- Bulletin. Salem, Mass. url p. 99.
- Bulletin. [Orono.] url p. 72.
- Butterflies of the Riviera. A short account of the Rhopalocera of the Maritime Alps. Nice, Printed by P. Conso, 1892. url p. 112, p. 18.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 191.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url p. 1998, p. 2042, p. 2075.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 1006, p. 596, p. 732.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 1006, p. 596, p. 732.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 55.
- Circular / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 8.
- Common and scientific names of weeds in Canada = Noms populaires et scientifiques des plantes nuisibles du Canada / Ottawa: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada = Agriculture et agroalimentaire Canada, c2000. url p. 132.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 25 1925 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 334, p. 335, p. 373, p. 374, p. 639.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 23 2001 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 314.
- Contributions to Canadian biology and fisheries. Toronto [etc.] url p. 44.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 1017, p. 1021.
- Cryptogamic plants of the USSR. (Flora sporovykh rastenii SSSR) Translated from Russian. Jerusalem[Published for the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C. by the Israel Program for Scientific Translations, 19 - url p. 113.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 337, p. 66.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 374.
- Descriptive notes on the topography and vegetation of some localities visited by the excursion in Denmark arranged for the members of l'Association internationale des botanistes, June 22nd-July 3rd, 1 Ed. by the Dansk botanisk forening. København, Dansk botanisk forenings forlag, 1913. url p. 6.
- Dictionary of biological equivalents, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins company, 1930. url p. 207.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 580, p. 781.
- Diseases of cultivated plants and trees / by George Massee. New York: Macmillan, [1910?] url p. 296.
- Edinburgh encyclopaedia, conducted by David Brewster. .. with the assistance of gentlemen eminent in science and literature. Edinburgh, Blackwood, 1830. url p. 495.
- Elements of botany / by J. Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1896. url p. 175.
- Elements of botany. Boston, Ginn[c1896] url , .
- English wild flowers: to be found by the wayside, fields, hedgerows, rivers, moorlands, meadows, mountains, and sea-shore / by J.T. Burgess. London: F. Warne, [18--?] url p. 117.
- Entomological news, and proceedings of the Entomological Section of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia[Entomological Rooms of the Academy of Natural Sciences] url p. 197, p. 198, p. 198.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 202.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 16.
- Essex naturalist: being the journal of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex, The Club. url p. 285.
- Evolution by atrophy in biology and sociology / by Jean Demoor, Jean Massart, Emile Vandervelde; translated by Mrs. Chalmers Mitchell. London: K. Paul, 1899. url p. 256.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1005, p. 1071, p. 1251, p. 141, p. 245, p. 31, p. 332, p. 466, p. 984.
- Familiar garden flowers / London: Cassell, [1879-1887] url .
- Familiar garden flowers, figured by F. Edward Hulme and described by Shirley Hibberd. 1st series with coloured plates. London; Cassell, 1907. url p. 106.
- Familiar wild flowers figured and described by F. Edward Hulme. .. 1st- ser.. .. London, Cassell and company, limited, [1878- url p. 90.
- Farmer's cyclopedia: a compilation of such bulletins and reports as are indispensable to the practical farmer. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 134.
- First report on the flora of Wyoming / Aven Nelson. Laramie: Wyoming Experiment Station, 1896. url p. 100.
- Flora Orcadensis: containing the flowering plants arranged according to the natural orders / by Magnus Spence; and The mosses, by James Grant. Kirkwall: D. Spence, 1914. url p. 148.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 138.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 565.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 373.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 373.
- Flora of Winneshiek County. Des Moines: 1906. url .
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 195.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 133, p. 87, p. 9.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia, by P.A. Rydberg. .. New York, The author, 1922. url p. 525.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 223.
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 374.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 374.
- Florula bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. By Jacob Bigelow. .. Boston, Cummings, Hilliard, & co., 1824. url p. 269.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp, by Caroline A. Creevey. Illustrated by Benjamin Lander. New York, Harper, 1897. url p. 465.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp; New York, Harper & Brothers, 1899. url .
- Flowers of the field. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge[186-?] url p. 160.
- Forage plants and their culture, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url , p. 481.
- Forage plants and their culture, by Charles V. Piper. New York: The Macmillan company, 1914. url , p. 481.
- Forestry. London: W. Rider, [1883-1886]. url p. 260.
- Forests and forestry of northern Russia and lands beyond / comp. by John Croumbie Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1884- url p. 184.
- Foundations of botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 369, p. 369.
- Foundations of botany, by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn & co., 1904. url p. 369.
- Fungous diseases of plants, Boston, Ginn and company[c1909] url p. 398.
- Fungous diseases of plants, with chapters on physiology, culture methods and technique, by Benjamin Minge Duggar. Boston, Ginn and company, [c1909] url p. 398.
- Fungous diseases of plants: with chapters on physiology, culture methods and technique / Boston; Ginn, [c1909] url .
- Fungous diseases of plants; with chapters on physiology, culture methods and techniques. Boston, Ginn url p. 398.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 15.
- Genesis and development of sand formations on marine coasts, Rock Island, Ill., Augustana Book Concern, Printers, 1910. url .
- Genetics today: proceedings of the XI International Congress of Genetics, The Hague, The Netherlands, September 1963 / edited by S. J. Geerts. Oxford: Pergamon Press, 1963-65. url p. 133.
- Geological magazine. London [etc.]Cambridge University Press. url p. 12.
- Growth of plants; twenty years' research at Boyce Thompson Institute. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp., 1948. url p. 51.
- Handbook of experiment station work. Washington, Gov't print. off., 1893. url p. 366.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url , p. 145, p. 178, p. 195, p. 211, p. 263.
- History and antiquities of Charnwood forest: with an appendix on the geology, botany & ornithology of the district. .. London: Hamilton, 1842. url p. 50.
- History of the Berwickshire Naturalists' Club, instituted September 22, 1831 [Vol. 1 of proceedings, corr. and reprinted] Alnwick, H.H. Blair, 1885. url p. 143.
- Hortus Gramineus Woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses and other plants used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals; instituted by John, Du London, J. Ridgway, 1824. url p. 44, p. 493, p. 558.
- Hortus gramineus Woburnensis: or, an account of the results of experiments on the produce, and nutritive qualities of different grasses, and other plants, used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John Duke of Bedford /Illustrated with dried specimens of the plants upon which these experiments have been made, and practical observations on their natural habits, and the soils best adapted to their growth; pointing out the kinds most profitable for permanent pasture, irrigated meadows, dry or upland pasture, and the alternate husbandry; accompanied with the discriminating characters of the species, and varieties. By George Sinclair. 1816 London: Printed by B. McMillan, 1816. url p. 283, p. 294, p. 296.
- Hortus gramineus woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses and other plants used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John, du By George Sinclair. London: J. Ridgway, 1826. url p. 36, p. 383, p. 396, p. 438.
- House, garden and field, a collection of short nature studies, ill. by A.R. Hammond. London, Arnold, 1904. url p. 160.
- How to know the wild flowers: a guide to the names, haunts, and habits of our common wild flowers / by Mrs. William Starr Dana; illustrated by Marion Satterlee. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1893. url p. 264.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 240, p. 283.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 287, p. 307.
- Illustrated natural history of British butterflies and moths; the figures drawn by George Willis and engraved by John Kirchner. London, Glaisher, pref. 1869. url p. 155.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants, drawn by W. H. Fitch, F. L. S., and W. G. Smith, F. L. S., forming an illustrated companion to Mr. Bentham's Handbook and other British floras. London, L. Reeve & co., 1880. url p. 65.
- Insects and other invertebrates as candidates for the Bern Convention IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 157.
- Insects. Ottawa: T. Mulvey [etc.], 1919-1920. url p. 141, p. 211.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 239, p. 52.
- Introduction to immunochemical specificity. New York, Interscience Publishers,  url p. 158, p. 67.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 82, p. 95.
- Invertebrates in need of special protection in Europe Council of Europe url p. 74.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 10 1872 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 267.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 552.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 24 2004 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 102.
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url p. 74, p. 74.
- Journal of the Royal Institution of Cornwall. Truro, Eng., Workers of Cornwall Ltd. url p. 126, p. 250, p. 298, p. 310, p. 93.
- Key to the Rocky Mountain flora. Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia. New York, [c1919] url .
- Knowledge. v. 1-40; Nov. 1881-Dec. 1917. LondonWyman [etc.] url p. 42.
- Landscape reclamation: a report on research into problems of reclaiming derelict land, by a research team of the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. GuildfordIPC Science and Technology Press1971- url p. 88.
- Lectures on plant physiology / by Ludwig Jost; authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 276.
- Lectures on plant physiology / translated by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 276.
- Lectures on plant physiology. Authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 276.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 12, p. 15, p. 17.
- Magazine of zoology and botany. Edinburgh; Dublin. url p. 122.
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1198.
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url .
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url , , p. 14, p. 160.
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 149, p. 18, p. 180, p. 458, p. 76, p. 92.
- Meehans' monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany and kindred subjects / conducted by Thomas Meehan. Philadelphia: Thomas Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url .
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 374.
- Memorials, journal and botanical correspondence of Charles Cardale Babington. Cambridge, [Eng.]: Macmillan and Bowes, 1897. url p. 53.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 51.
- Miyabe-festschrift, or A collection of botanical papers presented to Prof. Dr. Kingo Miyabe on the occasion of the twenty-fifth anniversary of his academic service by his friends and pupils. Tokio, Rokumeikwan, 1911. url p. 325.
- Mémoires. Bruxelles, The Society. url p. 75.
- Natural history of Selborne & observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. New York, Appleton, 1895. url p. 227.
- Natural history of Selborne, and observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. Toronto: Musson Book Co., 1904. url p. 227.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 106, p. 189.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 96.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 4 1907 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 135.
- Notes on the distribution and bibliography of North American bees of the families, Apidae, Meliponidae, Bombidae, Euglossidae, and Anthophoridae, New York1920 url p. 509, p. 536.
- Notes on the natural history of East Finmark / by A.M. Norman. London: [s.n.], 1902-1905. url p. 344.
- On British wild flowers considered in relation to insects / by Lord Avebury. London: Macmillan, 1909. url p. 23, p. 96.
- Plant physiology; authorized English translation by R. J. HarveyGibson; supplement incorporating the alterations of the 2d ed. of the German original. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1913. url p. 276.
- Plant sociology; the study of plant communities; authorized English translation of Pflanzensoziologie, by Dr. J. Braun-Blanquet. Translated, revised and edited by George D. Fuller and Henry S. Conard. New York and London, McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1932. url p. 192.
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 185.
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 258, p. 258.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 129, p. 182, p. 268.
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 202.
- Practical agriculture: or, A complete system of modern husbandry; with the methods of planting, and the management of live stock / by R. W. Dickson. London: R. Phillips, 1807. url p. 393.
- Proceedings - Cambridge Philosophical Society. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society [etc.] url p. 224.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url , p. 66, p. 75, p. 91.
- Proceedings of the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston [etc.]Boston Society of Natural History. url p. 147, p. 147.
- Proceedings of the Bristol Naturalists' Society. Bristol: The Society, 1863-1912. url p. 147, p. 279, p. 65.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 88.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 35, p. 459, p. 585.
- Proceedings of the Essex Institute. Salem: Essex Institute Press. url p. 240.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 325.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 10, p. 503, p. 535, p. 568, p. 675, p. 89.
- Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh. Edinburgh: The Society, 1858-1955 url p. 229.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 12, p. 48, p. 85, p. 86.
- Proceedings. Halifax url p. 382.
- Psyche. Cambridge, Mass.: Cambridge Entomological Club url p. 276, p. 277.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 174.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , p. 114.
- Report on the flora of St. Andrews, N.B. / by James Fowler. Ottawa: Printed by S.E. Dawson, 1902 url p. 44.
- Reports and transactions. Cardiff [etc. url p. 21, p. 23, p. 26.
- Reports of the Director. .. / Experimental Farms. Ottawa: Experimental Farms, 1888-1916. url p. 189.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 316, p. 686, p. 687, p. 728.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 63, p. 69, p. 74.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 155.
- Scientific feeding of the domestic animals, by Martin Klimmer. Chicago, A. Eger, 1923. url p. 44.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 16.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 105.
- Settler's guide and farmer's handbook. .. Issued by direction of the Bureau of agriculture. Ed. by L. Lindley-Cowen. .. pt. 1. Perth, E.S. Wigg, 1897- url p. 484.
- Spixiana. 6 1983 München: Zoologische Staatssammlung München, 1977- url fig. 1, p. 151, p. 153, p. 155.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 522.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 592.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 10.
- Text-book of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 212.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1920] url p. 212, p. 212.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1676.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 354.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 111, p. 113, p. 113, p. 165, p. 169, p. 179, p. 229, p. 241, p. 37.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 67 1953 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url schofield & smith , p. 135, p. 142, p. 143, p. 145, p. 152, p. 155, p. 158, p. 161, p. 168, p. 185, p. 195, p. 215, p. 219, p. 221, p. 239, p. 242, p. 291, p. 303, p. 317, p. 36, p. 383, p. 384, p. 419, p. 436, p. 448, p. 458, p. 463, p. 476, p. 537, p. 56, p. 578, p. 579, p. 587, p. 595, p. 664, p. 665, p. 743, p. 76, p. 89, p. 89, p. 93.
- The Canadian horticulturist [monthly] St. Catharines, E.S. Leavenworth. url p. 324.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 104, p. 353.
- The Canadian naturalist and quarterly journal of science: with proceedings of the Natural History Society of Montreal. Montreal: Dawson, 1869-1883. url p. 29, p. 381.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 422, p. 439, p. 56.
- The Coleoptera of the British islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. / by the Rev. W. W. Fowler. London: L. Reeve & co., 1887-1913. url p. 139, p. 145, p. 158, p. 162, p. 163, p. 303.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 159.
- The English rock-garden, by Reginald Farrer. London, Jack, 1919. url p. 15.
- The Entomological magazine. London: Frederick Westley and A.H. Davis, 1833-1838 url p. 13, p. 13, p. 202, p. 202.
- The Entomologist's annual. London: John Van Voorst, 1855-1874. url p. 43.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 155, p. 155.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 159, p. 160, p. 179, p. 230, p. 237, p. 240, p. 247, p. 268, p. 269, p. 301, p. 327, p. 340, p. 53, p. 73, p. 78, p. 79, p. 80, p. 93, p. 93.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 151, p. 5, p. 80.
- The Eskimo tribes; their distribution and characteristics, especially as regards language, with a comparative vocabulary and sketch-map. Copenhagen1887-91. url p. 149, p. 18, p. 76, p. 92.
- The Floral world and garden guide. London, Groombridge and Sons, 1858-1880. url p. 113.
- The Florist and horticultural journal. Philadelphia, [Pa.: s.n.], 1853-1855. url .
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , , p. 153, p. 317.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 59.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1854 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 138, p. 695.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 125, p. 135, p. 256, p. 27, p. 336, p. 361, p. 419, p. 65, p. 658, p. 75.
- The Horticulturist and journal of rural art and rural taste. Albany, N.Y.: Luther Tucker, 1846-1875. url p. 455, p. 54.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 262.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 303.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 114.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 11 1871 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 301.
- The Journal of the Quekett Microscopical Club. [London: Quekett Microscopical Club, 1868]-1966. url p. 37.
- The Leguminosae of Illinois. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1953. url p. 83, p. 86.
- The Lepidoptera of the British Islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, their preparatory states, habits, and localities / by Charles G. Barrett. London: L. Reeve, 1893-1907. url p. 228, p. 257, p. 260, p. 31.
- The London journal of botany: containing figures and descriptions of such plants as recommend themselves by their novelty, rarity, history, or uses: together with botanical notices and information and and occasional portraits and memoirs of eminent botanists. 6 1847 London: H. Baillie?re, 1842-1848. url p. 477.
- The Macrolepidoptera of the world; a systematic description of the hitherto known Macrolepidoptera, ed. in collaboration with well-known specialists. Stuttgart: Seitz'schen (Kernen), 1906- url p. 314, p. 373.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 421.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 316, p. 686, p. 687, p. 728.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 686, p. 687, p. 728.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 101, p. 218, p. 229, p. 231, p. 279, p. 97.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 299.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 199, p. 306, p. 395.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url .
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 202.
- The Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science. Halifax, Nova Scotian Institute of Science. url p. 382.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 114.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 433, p. 703, p. 704, p. 839, p. 862, p. 864.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 144, p. 145.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url , p. 232, p. 271, p. 284, p. 287, p. 333, p. 78.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 253, p. 253.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 119, p. 120.
- The agriculturist's manual: being a familiar description of the agricultural plants cultivated in Europe: including practical observations respecting those suited to the climate of Great Britain and forming a report of Lawson's by Peter Lawson & Son. Edinburgh: William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh: Thomas Cadell, 141 Strand, London; and W. Curry Jun. & Co., Dublin, 1836. url p. 171.
- The botanical looker-out among the wild flowers of England and Wales, at all seasons, and in the most interesting localities. By Edwin Lees. .. London, Hamilton, Adams & Co., 1851. url p. 274, p. 295, p. 361.
- The botany of Iceland, edited by L. Kolderup Rosenvinge and Eug. Warming. Copenhagen, J. Frimodt, 1912- url p. 322, p. 330, p. 337.
- The butterflies of the eastern United States and Canada: with special reference to New England / By Samuel Hubbard Scudder. Cambridge: The author, 1889. url p. 1121, p. 1955, p. 955.
- The coleoptera of the British Islands, a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. London, Reeve, 1887-91. url p. 139, p. 158, p. 162.
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 303.
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url , , .
- The entomologist's useful compendium; or, An introduction to the knowledge of British insects. .. together with the genera of Linné, and the modern method of arranging the classes. .. according to the views of Dr. Leach. .. with instructions for collecting and fitting up objects for the microscope London, Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1824. url p. 394.
- The farmer's and the planter's encyclopædia of rural affairs; Philadelphia, Lippincott, Grambo & co., 1851. url p. 571.
- The farmer's guide to scientific and practical agriculture. Detailing the labors of the farmer, in all their variety, and adapting them to the seasons of the year as they successively occur. By Henry Stephens, assisted by John P. Norton. New York, L. Scott, 1850-1851. url p. 577, p. 582.
- The feeding of crops and stock: an introduction to the science of the nutrition of plants and animals / London: J. Murray, 1912. url .
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 152.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 211, p. 212, p. 215, p. 49.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 211, p. 212, p. 215.
- The flora of Montreal Island by Robert Campbell. S.l.: s.n., 1892? url .
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 347.
- The insect hunters, and other poems. London: Van Voorst,  url p. 23.
- The lepidopterist's calendar. Gloucester, H. Marsden, 1875. url p. 146, p. 166, p. 172, p. 184, p. 186, p. 213, p. 33, p. 41, p. 71, p. 74.
- The little English flora, or, a botanical and popular account of all our common field flowers. London, Simpkin, Marshall & co., 1842. url p. 147.
- The moths of the British Isles / by Richard South. London; Frederick Warne & Co., [1920?] url p. 83.
- The natural history & antiquities of Selborne in the county of Southampton, by Gilbert White, with illustrations in colour by George Edward Collins... London: Macmillan and co., limited, 1911. url p. 398.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne, in the county of Southampton / by the Rev. Gilbert White London: Swan Sonnenschein, 1888 url .
- The natural history of Pliny. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 230, p. 52.
- The natural history of Pliny. Tr., with copious notes and illustrations, by the late John Bostock and H. T. Riley. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 230, p. 52.
- The natural history of Selborne: with a naturalist's calendar and additional observations. / by Gilbert White; with a preface by Richard Jefferies. London: W. Scott, 1887. url p. 299.
- The natural history of Selborne; with A naturalist's calendar & additional observations; with a pref. by Richard Jefferies. London: Scott, 1887. url p. 301.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 101, p. 272, p. 340, p. 367, p. 408, p. 414, p. 432, p. 463.
- The nature book; a popular description by pen and camera of the delights and beauties of the open air. London, Cassell, 1908-09. url p. 654.
- The orchids in the Ottawa District: floristics, phytogeography, population studies and historical review / Joyce M. Reddoch and Allan H. Reddoch. 111 1997 Ottawa, Canada: The Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club,  url p. 135, p. 36.
- The plant, a biography in a series of popular lectures / by M.J. Schleiden; translated by Arthur Henfrey. London: H. Bailliere, 1848. url p. 301.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 59.
- The rural economy of Glocestershire; including its dairy: together with the dairy management of North Wiltshire; and the management of orchards and fruit liquor, in Herefordshire. by Mr. Marshall. Glocester, Printed by R. Raikes for G. Nicol, London, 1789. url p. 179.
- The rural economy of the Midland counties; including the management of livestock, in Leicestershire and its environs: together with minutes on agriculture and planting in the district of the Midland Station. By Mr. Marshall. London, G. Nicol, 1796. url p. 103.
- The soil; an introduction to the scientific study of of the growth of crops. New YorkDutton1920 url p. 322.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 3609.
- The story of plant life in the British Isles; types of the common natural orders, by A.R. Horwood. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1914-15. url .
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url .
- The vegetation and phytogeography of coastal southwestern James Bay / Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum, 1980. url p. 14, p. 18.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , , , , , , , .
- The vines of northeastern America / by Charles S. Newhall. New York: Putnam, 1897. url .
- The vines of northeastern America; New York [etc.]G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1897. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 108, p. 204.
- Transactions and journal of the proceedings of the Dumfriesshire and Galloway Natural History and Antiquarian Society. Edinburgh. url p. 127, p. 128, p. 129.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 128, p. 155.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 251, p. 257, p. 264.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 79.
- Transactions of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Canadian Institute. url p. 495.
- Transactions of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex: The Club, 1880-1886. url .
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url .
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. London: [The Society], 1791-1875. url p. 274, p. 274.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 101, p. 104, p. 106, p. 107, p. 110, p. 85.
- Transactions of the Sapporo Natural History Society. Sapporo, Japan, Sapporo Natural History Society, Hokkaido Imperial University. url , , , p. 115, p. 115, p. 117, p. 119, p. 123.
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url p. 160.
- Trees, shrubs and vines of the northeastern United States: their characteristic landscape features fully described for identification by the non-botanical reader; together with an account of the principal foreign hardy trees, shrubs and vines cultivated in o New York: C. Scribner's Sons, 1903. url .
- Veröffentlichungen der Zoologischen Staatssammlung München. 2 1952 München: Die Staatssammlung, url p. 170.
- Vorlesungen über Pflanzenphysiologie. Jena, G. Fischer, 1904. url p. 336.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 17, p. 18, p. 226, p. 238.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 17, p. 18, p. 238.
- Wild flowers of Canada published exclusively with the Montreal Star, Montreal; by special artists and botanists. Montreal: Montreal Star, [1895?] url .
- Works on forestry [by] J.C. Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1883-87. url p. 184.
- [Report of a voyage made to the Canadian Labrador coast; Catalogue of plants and birds of the north shore] [D. N. Saint-Cyr]. Québec?: s.n., 1887? url .
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 11, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- GBIF-Spain, Departamento de Biolog. Veg. II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid: MAF
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Joint Nature Conservation Committee - Vegetation surveys of coastal shingle in Great Britain
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Scottish Borders Biological Records Centre - SWT Scottish Borders Local Wildlife Site Survey data 1996-2000 - species information
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- University of Turku provider, Rosaceae and Fabaceae of Kevo region, Northern Finland
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2650788
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-6371
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2975287
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:73031-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 300659
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 26335
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: VICRT
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 68003