Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Large Bellwort, Bellwort, Large-Flower Bellwort, Large-Flowered Bellwort, Largeflower Bellwort, Merrybells
Common Names in French:
, from short or elongate
rhizomes bearing several fibrous
or thickened roots
. Stems simple
or 1-branched, excluding flower-bearing branches, strongly angled
, with sheathing
bracts proximally. Leaves alternate, sessile or perfoliate; blade
oblong-linear to oblong-ovate, membranaceous
to leathery. Inflorescences 1 per branch
but appearing axillary
; peduncles pendent. Flowers: perianth narrowly campanulate
; tepals promptly deciduous, imbricate, distinct
to narrowly oblong
, apex obtuse
or acute, nectariferous
; stamens distinct to weakly connate
at perianth base; filaments
, glabrous; anthers
present; ovary superior, 3-locular, sessile or stipitate
, rounded to sharply triangular; style 1, 3-lobed; stigmas 3, lobed
, outwardly arching
at maturity. Fruits capsular
, greenish to yellowish brown, sessile or stipitate, leathery or submembranaceous, tardily dehiscent
, dehiscence loculicidal. Seeds 1-3 per locule, brownish red, globose
; arils various. x
= 6, 7.
Species 5: e North America.
Uvularia, a genus of attractive, spring-blooming plants , has been divided into sect. Oakesiella (Small) Wilbur with sessile leaves and sect. Uvularia with perfoliate leaves. Differences in other morphological (R. L. Wilbur 1963) and cytological (F. H. Utech 1978d) characters support recognition of these infrageneric groups.
D. K . Wijesinghe and D. F. Whigham (1997, 2001) compared the different, below-ground, vegetative morphologies of three Uvularia species and their relationship to their differing clonal populations and dynamics.
Species Uvularia grandiflora
Rhizomes short, ca. 1 cm, bearing clustered, fleshy roots ; stolons absent. Stems 1-several, 1-branched, rounded , 2-7.5 dm, glabrous , typically bearing 1 leaf below lowest branch . Leaf blades perfoliate, elliptic to ovate-oblong, 6-13.5 × 2-6.5 cm, white-pubescent (rarely glabrous) on abaxial veins, margins smooth , apex acute. Flowers 1-3(-4) per stem; peduncles 1-2.5 cm, bearing 1 perfoliate bract; tepals golden yellow, 25-50 × 3-10 mm, smooth adaxially, apex acuminate; stamens 10-25 mm; anthers (8-) 12-15(-20) mm; connectives 0.3-0.7 mm; ovary sessile, obovoid ; style 8-12 mm; stigma lobes 2-5 mm. Capsules obovoid to obpyramidal , 3-lobed, 1-1.5 × 1-2 cm, 2 truncate beaks per lobe, lobes rounded. Seeds 2.5-4.5 mm; arils membranous. 2n = 14. [source]
Flowers: Bloom Period: February, March, April, May. • Flower Color: yellow
Size: 24-36" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 1,857 meters (0 to 6,093 feet).
Culture: Space 15-18" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Light Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Perleb, 1826
- Family: Colchicaceae () - A.P. de Candolle, 1805
- Order: Liliales () - Perleb, 1826
- Superorder: Lilianae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Liliidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 09-Jul-2004
These flowers are a darker yellow than those of the closely related Perfoliate Bellwort.
Members of the genus Uvularia
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 7 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
U. caroliniana (Mountain Bellwort) · U. floridana (Florida Bellwort) · U. grandiflora (Large Bellwort) · U. perfoliata (Dwarf Merrybells) · U. puberula (Mountain Bellwort) · U. rosea (Rose Mandarin) · U. sessilifolia (Bellworts)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A List of plants collected in the vicinity of Oquawka, Henderson County, Ills. / by Harry N. Patterson. [Oquawka]: Oquawka Spectator Print, 1874. url p. 16.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 345, p. 85.
- A contribution to the knowledge of the flora of southeastern Minnesota. [Boston, Heliotype Print. Co.]1900. url p. 378.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 15.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 260.
- A little book of perennials, by Alfred C. Hottes. New York, N. Y., The A. T. De La Mare1923. url p. 31.
- A naturalist in the Great Lakes region, by Elliot Rowland Downing. .. Chicago, Ill.: The University of Chicago Press, [c1922] url , , , , p. 319.
- A practical guide to garden plants, containing descriptions of the hardiest and most beautiful annuals and biennials, hardy herbaceous and bulbous perennials, hardy water and bog plants, flowering and ornamental trees and shrubs, conife London;Longmans, Green, 1901. url , , p. 879.
- A preliminary list of the vascular flora of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania / by John A. Shaffer. Pittsburgh?: Carnegie Institute Museum?, 1901? url p. 109.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 139.
- A provisional list of the parasitic fungi of Wisconsin. Madison, 1914 url p. 978.
- A spring flora for high schools, New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1915] url , .
- A spring flora for high schools, by Henry C. Cowles. .. and John G. Coulter. .. New York, American book company[c1915] url p. 15, p. 35.
- Alpine flowers for English gardens / London: J. Murray, 1870. url .
- Alpine flowers for gardens: rock, wall, marsh plants, and mountain shrubs / by W. Robinson. London: John Murray, 1903. url p. 326.
- Alpine plants / by A.J. Macself; illustrated with colour photographs by R.A. Malby, water colour drawings by Winifred Walker, line drawings by G.E. Lee. New York: Scribner, 1923. url p. 91.
- Ames forester. .. Ames, Ia., The Forestry club of the Iowa state college, 1913- url p. 283.
- An Alpine A B C and list of easy rock plants, arranged by A. Methuen. New York, E. P. Dutton and company url p. 34.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 518, p. 519.
- Analytical class-book of botany: designed for academies and private students. In two parts: Part 1. Elements of vegetable structure and physiology / by Frances H. Green. Part 11. Systematic botany, by Joseph W. Congdon. New York: D. Appleton, 1856. url p. 207.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 109.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 225.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 12, p. 192.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 5 1894 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 131, p. 209.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 18, p. 61.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893- url p. 255, p. 355, p. 355.
- Annual report of the Regents of the University on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History, with catalogues of the same. Albany, N.Y.: The University, 1848-1873. url p. 32.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 152, p. 453.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 28.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 29 - 41 1957 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 15, p. 155, p. 7.
- Bergen's botany: key and flora: Northern and Central States ed. / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 33.
- Biological effects of radiation; mechanism and measurement of radiation, applications in biology, photochemical reactions, effects of radiant energy on organisms and organic products. Edited by Benjamin M. Duggar. With the cooperation of Janet Howell Clark, Kenneth S. Cole, Farrington Daniels [and others] New York andMcGraw-Hill Book Co., 1936. url p. 815.
- Botany for secondary schools; a guide to the knowledge of the vegetation of the neighborhood, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 332.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 7 1920 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 298, p. 962.
- Bulbs and their cultivation: a practical treatise on the cultivation and propagation of window and indoor bulbous and tuberous-rooted plants. .. / by T.W. Saunders. London: W.H. & L. Collingridge, [1913?] url p. 166, p. 197.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 78.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 157.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 123.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 41.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1904-05 1904 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 18, p. 19, p. 19.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass.: Essex Institute. url p. 96.
- Bulletin of the Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History. Bloomington, Ill.: The Laboratory, 1876-1918. url p. 5, p. 608, p. 608, p. 608.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 1 1898 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 160, p. 206, p. 344.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 6 1875-1879 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. XXII.
- Bulletin of the scientific laboratories of Denison University. Granville, Ohio: [The University], 1885- url p. 38, p. 85.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 220.
- Carotenoids, by Paul Karrer and Ernst Jucker. Translated and rev. by Ernest A. Braude. New York, Elsevier Pub. Co., 1950. url p. 375, p. 70.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 157.
- Catalogue of plants which have been found growing without cultivation in the park and its outlying territories collected, mounted and catalogued for the plant herbarium in the superintendent's office at Niagara Falls, Ontario / by Roderick Cameron. Niagara Falls, Ont.?: s.n., 1896? url .
- Catalogue of the phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants of Missouri. Jefferson City, Tribune Printing Co., 1886. url .
- Catalogue of the phanerogams and ferns of Licking County, Ohio. Granville, Ohio, Press of Granville Times, 1892. url .
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 27.
- Chinese materia medica. extensively revised from F. Porter Smith's work by G. A. Stuart. Shanghai?: Presbyterian Mission Press?, 1911? url p. 451, p. 551.
- Class book of botany. Being outlines of the structure, physiology and classification of plants. With a flora of all parts of the United States and Canada. By Alphonso Wood. .. New York, A.S. Barnes & Burr;1860. url p. 716.
- Colour in my garden, by Louise Beebe Wilder. Illustrated in colour, by Anna Winegar. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1918. url p. 372.
- Colour in the flower garden / [London]: "Country life, " ltd. [etc.], 1908. url p. 28, p. 38.
- Come into the garden, by Grace Tabor. Illustrated with photographs. New York, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 279.
- Companion to the Botanical magazine: being a journal, containing such interesting botanical information as does not come within the prescribed limits of the magazine; with occasional figures /by W.J. Hooker. 2 1836-1837 London: Printed by E. Conchman. .. for the proprietor, S. Curtis, 1835-1836 [i.e., 1835-1837] url p. 305.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url , .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 6 1901 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 438.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 24 2005 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 204.
- Cultures of Uredineae 1899-1921. n.p., n.d. url p. 179, p. 280, p. 282, p. 328.
- Curtis's botanical magazine. 28 1808 London; New York [etc.]: Academic Press [etc.] url , , p. 95.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture: comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers, and ornamental plants sold in the United States and Canada, together with ge by L.H. Bailey, assisted by Wilhelm Miller and many expert cultivators and botanists, illustrated with two thousand eight hundred original engravings. New York: Macmillan, 1906, c1900-02. url p. 1888.
- Elementary botany Toronto: Copp, Clark, [1899?] url .
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 11, p. 13, p. 18, p. 27.
- Exercises in botany for the Pacific states / by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Whitaker & Ray, 1897. url p. 716.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 341.
- Ferns and flowering plants of South Dakota. Sioux Falls, S.D.: W.A. Beach, 1899 url p. 127.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url fig. 21, p. 39.
- Field book of american wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews... with numerous reproductions of water colors and pen-and-ink studies from nature by the author. New York, G.P. Putnam, 1902. url p. 551.
- Fieldbook of Illinois wild flowers; six hundred fifty of the more common flowering plants in the state. Urbana, 1936. url p. 404, p. 50, p. 50.
- First biennial report of the progress of the Geological survey of Michigan, embracing observations on the geology, zoo?logy and botany of the lower peninsula. Made to the governor, December 31, 1860. Lansing, Hosmer & Kerr, printers to the state, 1861. url .
- Flora Peoriana; the vegetation in the climate of middle Illinois. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & Sons, 1887. url .
- Flora of Ann Arbor and vicinity. Ann Arbor, [Mich.]: Courier Steam Print. House, 1876. url p. 109.
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, Printed for the Society, 1922. url , p. 191.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 283.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 1033, p. 308.
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url .
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 86.
- Flora of Vermont. List of ferns and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Vermont Botanical Club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Print. Co., 1915. url p. 186.
- Flora of Winneshiek County. Des Moines: 1906. url .
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 117, p. 118, p. 5.
- Flora of the Miami Valley, Ohio /c by A.P. Morgan. Dayton, Ohio: Literary Union, 1878. url p. 46.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 271, p. 271.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 231.
- Flowers and ferns in their haunts, by Mabel Osgood Wright with illustrations from photographs by the author and J. Horace McFarland. London, The Macmillan company, 1901. url p. 453.
- Flowers and insects; lists of visitors of four hundred and fifty-three flowers, by Charles Robertson. Carlinville, Ill., n.p.1928. url p. 141.
- Flowers for the parlor and garden. Boston, J.E. Tilton & company, 1868. url p. 393.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp, by Caroline A. Creevey. Illustrated by Benjamin Lander. New York, Harper, 1897. url p. 567.
- Foundations of botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 33, p. 33.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url , , p. 153, p. 197, p. 264, p. 466, p. 47.
- Garden flowers: how to cultivate them. A treatise on the culture of hardy ornamental trees, shrubs, annuals, herbaceous and bedding plants. By Edward Sprague Rand, jr. Boston: J. E. Tilton and Company, 1866. url p. 366.
- Garden flowers; how to cultivate them. A treatise on the culture of hardy ornamental trees, shrubs, annuals, herbaceous and bedding plants. By Edward Sprague Rand, jr.. .. Boston, J. E. Tilton and company, 1866. url p. 366.
- Garden planning and planting / ed. by H. H. Thomas; with numerous illustrations from photographs and sketches. London; Cassell and company, ltd., 1910. url p. 145, p. 150.
- Garden planning and planting / edited by H. H. Thomas. -- London; Cassell and company, 1910. url p. 145, p. 150.
- Gardening. Chicago, the Gardening Co., 1892-1925. url p. 276.
- Gardens for small country houses, by Gertrude Jekyll & Lawrence Weaver. London, C. Scribner's sons1914. url p. 257.
- Grand Rapids flora: a catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids, Mich., A. Van Dort, 1901. url p. 46.
- Gray's Lessons in botany and vegetable physiology: illustrated by over 360 wood engravings from original drawings by Isaac Sprague: to which is added a copious glossary, or dictionary of botanical terms / by Asa Gray. New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor & Co., 1877, c1868. url p. 528.
- Gray's school and field book of botany, consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume / by Asa Gray... New York: American Book co.,  url p. 343.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 1185.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 472.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url .
- Handbook of hardy trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants. Based on the French work of Messrs. Decaisne and Naudin entitled 'Manuel de l'amateur des jardins, ' and including the original woodcuts by Riocreux and Leblanc. By W. B. Hemsley. With an introduction by Edward S. Rand, junr. With nearly 300 illustrations. Boston, Estes & Lauriat, 1873. url .
- Hardy flowers. Descriptions of upwards of thirteen hundred of the most ornamental species, with directions for their arrangement, culture, etc.. .. By W. Robinson. London, Macmillan, 1878. url p. 252.
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 500.
- History of Vermont, natural, civil, and statistical, in three parts, with a new map of the state, and 200 engravings. By Zadock Thompson. Burlington, Pub. for the author, by C. Goodrich, 1842. url p. 349.
- How to make a flower garden; a manual of practical information and suggestions. New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1903. url p. 169.
- How to study plants: or, Introduction to botany, being an illustrated flora / by Alphonso Wood. New York: Barnes, 1882. url p. 254.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 174, p. 185.
- Iowa parks. Conservation of Iowa historic, scenic and scientific areas. Also, a description of numerous areas suitable for public state parks, with reasons for their preservation. Report of the State board of con Pub. by the state of Iowa. Des Moines url p. 46, p. 75.
- Iowa parks. Des Moines url p. 46, p. 75.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 171.
- Journal of the International Garden Club. New York, International garden club. url p. 103.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 131, p. 63.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 27 1926 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 302, p. 35, p. 468.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 266.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 508.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 266, p. 508.
- Lawns and gardens. How to plant and beautify the home lot, the pleasure ground and garden, by N. Jönsson-Rose. With numerous plans and illustrations by the author. New York, G. P. Putnam, 1897. url p. 372.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 111.
- List of plants collected by Mr. B. Billings in the vicinity of the city of Ottawa, during the summer of 1866 Ottawa?: Ottawa Natural History Society?, 1866? url .
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , , , , p. 102, p. 109, p. 125, p. 129, p. 139, p. 145, p. 148, p. 157, p. 84, p. 96.
- Manual of the Flora of Jackson County, Missouri, By Kenneth K. MacKenzie, assisted by B. F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., s.n., 1902 url p. 59.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi and north of North Carolina and Tennessee, arranged according to the natural system / by Asa Gray. New York: Ivison, Phinney, Blakeman, 1868, c1867. url p. 528.
- Manual of the flora of Jackson County, Missouri. Assisted by B.F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., 1902. url p. 59.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 260.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 299.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 111.
- Michigan flora. Prepared for the thirtieth annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture, by W. J. Beal and C. F. Wheeler. Lansing: R. Smith & co., printers, 1892 url , p. 39.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url p. 18, p. 18, p. 61, p. 61.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url , , p. 378, p. 378, p. 779.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 181.
- Miscellaneous publications / University of Michigan, Museum of Zoology. Ann Arbor, Mich.: The University, 1916- url p. 16.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 320.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 272, p. 272.
- Nature's garden: an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors / text by Neltje Blanchan; with colored plates and many other illustratins potographed directly form nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1900. url p. 407.
- Nature's garden; an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors. With colored plates and many other illus. photographed directly from nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. Text by Neltje Blanchan [pseud.] 1922 Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1922. url p. 407.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 12, p. 24.
- New book of flowers. By Joseph Breck. New York, O. Judd & company[c1866] url p. 379.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 9 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 391, p. 403, p. 405, p. 408, p. 432.
- Our early wild flowers: a study of the herbaceous plants blooming in early spring in the northern states / by Harriet L. Keeler. Illustrated by Mary Keffer and Eloise P. Luquer. New York: Scribner, 1916. url p. 249.
- Pages from a garden note-book, New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1921. url .
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 182.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 131, p. 187, p. 212, p. 364, p. 70.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 438, p. 93.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 438, p. 93.
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 149, p. 149.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 114.
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 95.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 176, p. 176, p. 207, p. 207.
- Proceedings of the Davenport Academy of Natural Sciences. Davenport, Ia., Academy of Natural Sciences [etc.] url p. 366, p. 62.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 127, p. 181, p. 219, p. 219.
- Proceedings. Salem, Mass.(1856-70) url p. 96.
- Recent advances in cytology, by C. D. Darlington. With a foreword by J. B. S. Haldane. With 16 plates, 160 text-figures and 81 tables. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., inc., 1937. url p. 274, p. 402, p. 81.
- Report intended to illustrate a map of the hydrographical basin of the upper Mississippi river / made by I.N. Nicollet, while in employ under the Bureau of the Corps of Topographical Engineers. Washington: Blair and Rives, printers, 1843. url p. 161.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: James B. Lyon, State Printer, 1867-1924. url p. 80.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 153.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , , p. 192, p. 78.
- Report of the State Entomologist on injurious and other insects of the state of New York. Albany: Weed, Parsons and Co.; University of the State of New York, 1882- url p. 12.
- Report on the geology, mineralogy, botany, and zoology of Massachusetts. Made and published by order of the government of that state: in four parts: pt. I. Economical geology. pt. II. Topographical geology. pt. III. Scientific geology. pt. IV. Catalogues of animals and pl Amherst: J.S. and C. Adams, 1835. url p. 632.
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Made under the direction of the secretary of war, in 1853-. .. Washington, A.O.P. Nicholson, Printer [etc.]1855-60. url p. 48.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 378, p. 532, p. 669, p. 779.
- Rock River area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, Natural History Survey Division, in conjunction with State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, IL: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1996- url p. 131, p. 51, p. 54.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray / selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, 1889. url p. 281.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray, selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, Mifflin, 1889. url p. 281, p. 281.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 271.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 284.
- Stout manual training school; a handbook for planning and planting small home grounds. .. with a list of native and commonly cultivated plants that are represented in the collection upon the Stout manual training school grounds. Menomonie, Wis., Stout manual training school, 1899. url p. 75.
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 18.
- Studies of plant life in Canada. Wild flowers, flowering shrubs, and grasses. Toronto: William Briggs, 1906. url , , .
- Studies of plant life in Canada: wild flowers, flowering sshrubs, and grasses / by Mrs C.P. Traill; illustrated with 8 reproductions in natural colors and 12 half-tone engravings, from drawings by Mrs. Agnes D. Chamberlin. Toronto: W. Briggs, 1906. url , , , .
- Studies of plant life in Canada; or, Gleanings from forest, lake and plain. By Mrs. C.P. Traill... Illustrated with chromo-lithographs from drawings by Mrs. [Agnes D.] Chamberlin... Ottawa, A.S. Woodburn, 1885. url .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 32.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 1052.
- The American journal of horticulture and florist's companion. Boston: J.E. Tilton and Co., 1867-1869. url p. 78.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 208.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 104, p. 136, p. 267.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 357.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 55 1941 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url stroud , , p. 10, p. 228, p. 284, p. 392, p. 393, p. 394, p. 63, p. 644, p. 650, p. 707, p. 73, p. 744.
- The Canadian journal of science, literature and history. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1868-1878. url p. 301.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 115, p. 48.
- The Canadian naturalist and quarterly journal of science: with proceedings of the Natural History Society of Montreal. Montreal: Dawson, 1869-1883. url p. 101.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 232.
- The English rock-garden, by Reginald Farrer. London, Jack, 1919. url p. 417.
- The Entomological magazine. London: Frederick Westley and A.H. Davis, 1833-1838 url p. 26.
- The Floral world and garden guide. London, Groombridge and Sons, 1858-1880. url p. 346.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 633.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , , p. 110, p. 192, p. 288, p. 344, p. 363, p. 372, p. 385, p. 403, p. 423, p. 437, p. 438, p. 440, p. 478, p. 72.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 166, p. 197.
- The Gardeners' chronicle. 1841 London: published for the proprietors, 1841-1843. url p. 395.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 170, p. 256, p. 267, p. 364, p. 562, p. 566, p. 599, p. 74.
- The Illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / edited by George Nicholson. ..; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. ... London: L. Upcott Gill; 1887-1889. url p. 370, p. 391, p. 403, p. 408, p. 432, p. 440.
- The Magazine of horticulture, botany, and all useful discoveries and improvements in rural affairs. Boston: Hovey and Co., 1837- url p. 331.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 146, p. 668, p. 669.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 146, p. 669.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url .
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 115.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 56, p. 66, p. 66.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 151.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 95.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 166, p. 22.
- The Tennessee flora; with special reference to the flora of Nashville. Phænogams and vascular cryptogams. By August Gattinger. Nashville, Tenn.The author, 1887. url p. 86.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 46.
- The book of hardy flowers; a simple and complete descriptive guide to the cultivation in gardens of the trees and shrubs, perennial and annual flowers, that are hardy, or are suitable for planting out-of-doors in summer in temp Ed. by H. H. Thomas. .. Beautifully illustrated with thirty-two direct color photographs by H. Essenhigh Corke and sixty-four half-tone plates. 1915 New York, Funk & Wagnalls company; [etc., etc.] url p. 453.
- The botanic garden; consisting of highly finished representations of hardy ornamental flowering plants, cultivated in Great Britain; with their names, classes, orders, history, qualities, culture, and physiological obse By B. Maund... 1 London: Simpkin & Marshall, 1825- url .
- The bulb book; or, Bulbous and tuberous plants for the open air, stove, and greenhouse, containing particulars as to descriptions, culture, propagation, etc.. .. by John Weathers. London, J. Murray, 1911. url p. 450.
- The constitution and by-laws of the Ann Arbor Scientific Association with the proceedings for the year ending May 1, 1876.. ... Ann Arbor, Courier Steam Printing House, 1876. url p. 109.
- The flora of Canada collected by A.M. Ross. Toronto: Rowsell & Hutchison, 1875. url .
- The flora of Scott and Muscatine counties. By W.D. Barnes, Fred Reppert [and] A.A. Miller. Davenport, Iowa, 1901 url p. 261.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 57.
- The floral kingdom: its history, sentiment and poetry: A dictionary of more than three hundred plants, with the genera and families to which they belong, and the language of each illustrated with appropriate gems to poe Chicago: M. Warren, 1877, c1876. url .
- The fruit, flower, and kitchen garden. By Patrick Neill. Adapted to the United States. Philadelphia, H. C. Baird, 1851. url p. 265.
- The garden month by month; describing the appearance, color, dates of bloom, height and cultivation of all desirable, hardy herbaceous perennials for the formal or wild garden with additional lists of aquatics, vines, ferns, et by Mabel Cabot Sedgwick assisted by Robert Cameron with over two hundred half-tone engravings from photographs of growing plants, and a chart in colors. New York, F.A. Stokes Co.,  url .
- The garden's story, or Pleasures and trials of an amateur gardener, New York, D. Appleton and company, 1889. url p. 344, p. 354, p. 73.
- The garden's story: for pleasures and trials of an amateur gardener / by George H. ELlwanger. New York: D. Appleton and company, 1889. url p. 73.
- The garden's story: or, Pleasures and trials of an amateur gardener / by George H. Ellwanger. .. New York: Appleton, 1891. url p. 354, p. 73.
- The garden... London, 1872- url p. 424, p. 96.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 529.
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 408, p. 408.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 408.
- The mammals of the Adirondack region, northeastern New York: with an introductory chapter treating of the location and boundaries of the region, its geological history, topography, climate, general features, botany, and faunal position / by Clinton Hart Merriam. New York: Published by the author, 1884 url p. 23, p. 316.
- The natural history of Chautauqua. New York: B. W. Huebsch, 1917. url p. 53.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun by F. W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. London, Blackie, 1894-1895. url p. 177, p. 332.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada, Toronto, Pub. by the Canadian institute, 1913. url .
- The orchids in the Ottawa District: floristics, phytogeography, population studies and historical review / Joyce M. Reddoch and Allan H. Reddoch. 111 1997 Ottawa, Canada: The Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club,  url p. 63.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 416, p. 532.
- The practical fruit, flower and vegetable gardener's companion with calendar. By Patrick Neill. .. Adapted to the United States New York, C.M. Saxton and Co.[c1855] url p. 254, p. 254.
- The preservation and management of vegetation in ravines in Highland Park, Illinois: a report / prepared by Kenneth R. Robertson and E. B. Himelick of the Illinois Natural History Survey, Urbana, Illinois. Urbana: The Survey, 1977. url p. 21, p. 9.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 3420, p. 3608.
- The use of the microscope; a handbook for routine and research work, by John Belling. .. New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1930. url p. 223.
- The vegetable kingdom: or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the natural system / by John Lindley. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1846. url p. 199, p. 830.
- The vegetable kingdom; or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, LondonBradbury & Evans1853 url p. 199, p. 830.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 101, p. 130, p. 138, p. 141, p. 145, p. 168, p. 258, p. 291, p. 67.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 69.
- Transactions of the American Entomological Society Philadelphia: The Society, 1890- url p. 51.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 319.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 102, p. 166.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 117.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 171, p. 202, p. 239, p. 40, p. 90.
- Transactions of the Linnaean Society of New York. New York: The Society, 1882- url p. 232.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. 18 1841 London: [The Society], 1791-1875. url p. 528, p. 528.
- Transactions of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society. [S.l.: s.n.], 1843-1920. url p. 167, p. 268, p. 48, p. 49, p. 59.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 5, p. 53.
- Wall and water gardens. By Gertrude Jekyll. [London]"Country life" url p. 89.
- Who's who among the wild flowers / compiled and illustrated by W. I. Beecroft; with an introd. by Frances Duncan. New York: Moffat, Yard, 1910. url p. 360.
- Who's who among the wild flowers; comp. and illustrated by W. I. Beecroft, with an introduction by Frances Duncan. New York, Moffat, Yard and company, 1910. url p. 122, p. 360.
- Wild flower families; the haunts, characters, and family relationships of the herbaceous wild flowers, with suggestions for their identification, & London, J. B. Lippincott Company, 1908. url .
- Wild flowers of New York, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1918. url p. 326, p. 360, p. 360, p. 56.
- Wild flowers; New York, Macmillan Co., 1934. url , , .
- Year book / Carnegie Institution of Washington. Washington, D.C.: Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1903- url p. 95.
- Anderson, E. and T. W. Whitaker. 1934. Speciation in Uvularia. J. Arnold Arbor. 15: 28-42. Dietz, R. A. 1952. Variation in the perfoliate uvularias. Ann. Missouri Bot. Gard. 39: 219-247.
- Hayashi, K. et al. 1998. Molecular systematics of the genus Uvularia and selected Liliales based upon matK and rbcL gene sequence data. Pl. Spec. Biol. 13: 129-146.
- Kawano, S. and H. H. Iltis. 1964. Cytotaxonomic and geographic notes on Uvularia (Liliaceae). Bull. Torrey Bot. Club 91: 13-23.
- Soper, J. H. 1952. Phytogeographic studies in Ontario I. The genus Uvularia in southern Ontario. Rhodora 54: 58-67.
- Wijesinghe, D. K. and D. F. Whigham. 2001. Nutrient foraging in woodland herbs: A comparison of three species of Uvularia (Liliaceae) with contrasting belowground morphologies. Amer. J. Bot. 88: 1071-1079.
- Wilbur, R. L. 1963. A revision of the North American genus Uvularia (Liliaceae). Rhodora 65: 158-188.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 13, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 19, 2007:
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Utah State University, USU-UTC Specimen Database
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2662719
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Kew-290895
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13754831
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:543399-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 405142
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 43109
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 543399-1
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: UVGR
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 67464
- Frederick H. Utech & Shoichi Kawano "Uvularia". in Flora of North America Vol. 26 Page 51, 57, 147. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Uvularia grandiflora". in Flora of North America Vol. 26 Page 148, 149. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 207.060 meters (679.331 feet), Standard Deviation = 247.230 based on 3,065 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]