Common Names in English:
Flat-Leaf Bladderwort, Flat-Leaved Bladderwort, Flatleaf Bladderwort, Mountain Bladderwort
Flowers: Bloom Period: April, May, June, July, August.
Size: under 6" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 1,672 meters (0 to 5,486 feet).
Culture: Space 3-6" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Lentibularia intermedia (Hayne) Nieuwl. & Lunell
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Utricularia
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 69 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
U. adpressa (Bladderwort) · U. alpina (Bladderwort) · U. amethystina (Bladderwort) · U. australis (Bladderwort) · U. bifida (Bladderwort) · U. biovularioides (Bladderwort) · U. bisquamata (Bladderwort) · U. bremii (Bladderwort) · U. buntingiana (Bladderwort) · U. caerulea (Bladderwort) · U. calycifida (Bladderwort) · U. campbelliana (Bladderwort) · U. capilliflora (Bladderwort) · U. chrysantha (Bladderwort) · U. cornuta (Bladderwort) · U. delicatula (Bladderwort) · U. dichotoma (Bladderwort) · U. dimorphanta (Bladderwort) · U. exoleta (Bladderwort) · U. flaccida (Bladderwort) · U. floridana (Florida Yellow Bladderwort) · U. foliosa (Leafy Bladderwort) · U. geminiloba (Bladderwort) · U. geminiscapa (Bladderwort) · U. gibba (Humped Bladderwort) · U. gibba exoleta (Bladderwort) · U. heterosepala (Bladderwort) · U. hintonii (Bladderwort) · U. inflata (Bladderwort) · U. intermedia (Flat-Leaf Bladderwort) · U. jamesoniana (Bladderwort) · U. juncea (Bladderwort) · U. lateriflora (Tiny Bladderwort) · U. leptoplectra (Bladderwort) · U. livida (Bladderwort) · U. longifolia (Bladderwort) · U. macrorhiza (Bladderwort) · U. menziesii (Bladderwort) · U. microcalyx (Bladderwort) · U. minor (Bladderwort) · U. monanthos (Bladderwort) · U. nelumbifolia (Bladderwort) · U. neottioides (Bladderworts) · U. novae-zelandiae (Bladderwort) · U. ochroleuca (Bladderwort) · U. olivacea (Bladderwort) · U. parthenopipes (Bladderwort) · U. praelonga (Bladderwort) · U. prehensilis (Bladderwort) · U. purpurea (Eastern Purple Bladderwort) · U. pusilla (Bladderwort) · U. quelchii (Bladderwort) · U. racemosa (Bladderwort) · U. radiata (Floating Bladderwort) · U. reniformis (Bladderwort) · U. resupinata (Bladderwort) · U. sandersonii (Bladderwort) · U. sandersonii 'Blue' (Bladderwort) · U. simulans (Bladderwort) · U. singeriana (Bladderwort) · U. striata (Bladderwort) · U. stygia (Bladderwort) · U. subulata (Bladderwort) · U. tenella (Pink Bladderwort) · U. tricolor (Bladderwort) · U. uliginosa (Bladderwort) · U. volubilis (Bladderwort) · U. warburgii (Bladderwort) · U. welwitschii (Bladderwort)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 74.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 112.
- A botanical exploration of the north shore of the gulf of St. Lawrence including an annotated list of the species of vascular plants, Ottawa, F. A. Acland, printer, 1922. url p. 129.
- A catalogue of plants growing without cultivation in the County of Nantucket, Mass. Northampton, Mass., Gazette Printing Co., 1888. url p. 41.
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and vascular cryptogams, found in and near Lackawanna and Wyoming valleys, by William R. Dudley...and Charles O. Thurston...1892. Wilkes-Barre, Pa., E. B. Yordy, 1892. url , .
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 391.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url , .
- A flora of northwest America: containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia / by Thomas Howell. Vol. 1, Phanerogamae. Portland, Or.: [s.n.], 1903. url p. 544.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url , p. 170.
- A further contribution to a comparative study of the dominant phanerogamic and higher cryptogamic flora of aquatic habit in Scottish lakes / by George West. Edinburgh: R. Grant, 1910. url p. 111, p. 124, p. 137, p. 139, p. 79, p. 99.
- A garden diary, September 1899-September 1900 / by Emily Lawless. London: Methuen, 1901. url p. 184.
- A garden diary: September 1899-September 1900 / London: Methuen & Co., 1901. url .
- A guide to Belfast and the counties of Down & Antrim / prepared for the meeting of the British Association by the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. Belfast: M'Caw, Stevenson & Orr, ltd., 1902. url p. 111, p. 116, p. 122.
- A guide to the wild flowers east of the Mississippi and north of Virginia / by Norman Taylor. New York: Greenberg, 1928. url p. 311.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 317.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas, John I. Northrop, October 12, 1861-June 25, 1891; a memorial volume / edited with a biographical introd. New YorkColumbia University Press1910 url p. 246.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: John I. Northrop, October 12 1861 - June 25, 1891; a memorial volume, ed., with a biographical introduction by Henry Fairfield Osborn. New York, The Columbia university press[c1910] url p. 246.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: New York, Columbia University Press[c1910] url .
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 108.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 108.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 102, p. 178, p. 74.
- A popular California flora: or, manual of botany for beginners. ..: to which is added an analytical key to West Coast botany. .. / by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Bancroft, 1888. url p. 104.
- A textbook of botany for colleges and universities. .. Cincinnati [etc]American book company[1910-11] url .
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url , p. 100, p. 105, p. 114, p. 122, p. 124, p. 126, p. 126, p. 127, p. 128, p. 129, p. 132, p. 133, p. 139, p. 159, p. 16, p. 18, p. 20, p. 21, p. 22, p. 25, p. 251, p. 278, p. 28, p. 290, p. 30, p. 33, p. 37, p. 427, p. 58, p. 60, p. 61, p. 67, p. 69, p. 79, p. 79, p. 91, p. 93.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 227, p. 228.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 573.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 44, p. 96.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 390, p. 391, p. 419.
- Annals of the Lyceum of Natural History of New York. New-York: 1824-1876. url p. 227.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 633.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 107, p. 15, p. 48.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url , p. 30.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 121.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url , p. 49, p. 693.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 625.
- Annual report of the Regents of the University on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History, with catalogues of the same. Albany, N.Y.: The University, 1848-1873. url p. 31.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the Connecticut Board of Agriculture. Hartford: The Board, 1867-1925. url p. 49.
- Annual report of the regents of the university of the state of New York on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History and the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 29, p. 34.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 78.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 29 - 41 1957 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 18, p. 19, p. 28, p. 31, p. 53, p. 7, p. 7.
- Botanical appendix to Captain Franklin's narrative of a journey to the shores of the Polar Sea by John Richardson. [London?: s.n.], 1823 url .
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 115, p. 25.
- Botany Cambridge, Mass., John Wilson and Son, 1880 url p. 476.
- Botany of the United States north of Virginia; comprising descriptions of the flowering and fern-like plants hitherto found in those states, arranged according to the natural system. With a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnean system, a New York, Harper, 1868. url p. 288.
- Botany. By W. H. Brewer, Sereno Watson, and Asa Gray. Boston, Little, Brown, 1880. url p. 476.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 14 1971 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url fig. 23, page 26, p. 51.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 660.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 625.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 214.
- Bulletin of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, D.C.: The Society, 1918- url p. 81.
- Bulletin of the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences. Buffalo, N.Y.: The Society, 1874- url p. 92, p. 92.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 1 1900 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 359.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 42 1915 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 179, p. 258, p. 286, p. 289, p. 331, p. 340, p. 362.
- Bulletin of the United States Fish Commission. Washington, The Commission, Govt. Print. Off. url p. 260.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 214.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , p. 573, p. 573.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 487, p. 492, p. 803.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 487, p. 492, p. 803.
- Catalogue of the cabinet of natural history of the state of New York, and of the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, C. Van Benthuysen, printer, 1853. url .
- Catalogue of the flora of Minnesota: including its phænogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants, indigenous, naturalized, and adventive / by Warren Upham. Minneapolis: Johnson, Smith & Harrison, 1884. url p. 98.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 358.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 77.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892- url , , .
- Contributions from the Herbarium of Columbia College. New York: Columbia College, 1886-1896. url p. 235.
- Contributions from the Osborn Botanical Laboratory. [New Haven?]Osborn Botanical Laboratory, Yale University, url p. 351, p. 374, p. 403, p. 417, p. 418.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 11 1906 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 523, p. 74.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 78.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.Hodges, Smith, 1866. url p.
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 52.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 290.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 670, p. 781.
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url .
- English botany, or, coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: G. Bell, 1873. url p. 128.
- Evolution by atrophy in biology and sociology / by Jean Demoor, Jean Massart, Emile Vandervelde; translated by Mrs. Chalmers Mitchell. London: K. Paul, 1899. url p. 80, p. 81.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 123.
- Field, forest, and garden botany, a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the Mississippi, both wild and cultivated. New York, Ivison, Phinney, Blakeman, 1869. url p. 225.
- First biennial report of the progress of the Geological survey of Michigan, embracing observations on the geology, zoo?logy and botany of the lower peninsula. Made to the governor, December 31, 1860. Lansing, Hosmer & Kerr, printers to the state, 1861. url .
- First report of the Michigan Academy of Science: covering the time from the organization of the Academy in 1894 to June 30, 1899 / by Walter B. Barrows; prepared under the direction of the Council. Lansing, Mich.: R. Smith, 1900. url .
- Flora Peoriana; the vegetation in the climate of middle Illinois. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & Sons, 1887. url , p. 80.
- Flora Washingtonensis; a catalogue of the Phaenogamia and Pteridophyta of the state of Washington, n.p., 1892 url .
- Flora boreali-Americana, or, The botany of the northern parts of British America compiled principally from the plants collected by Dr. Richardson & Mr. Drummond on the late northern expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. to which are added (by permission of by Sir William Jackson Hooker. London: H.G. Bohn, 1840. url .
- Flora hibernica: comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland: arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin: W. Curry jun., 1836. url p. 197.
- Flora of Ann Arbor and vicinity. Ann Arbor, [Mich.]: Courier Steam Print. House, 1876. url p. 101.
- Flora of Burlington and vicinity; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation, by Nellie F. Flynn. Burlington, Free Press Printing Co., 1911. url p. 80.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , , , , , .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 238.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 862, p. 863.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 815.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, by L. L. Dame and F. S. Collins. Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url p. 66, p. 66.
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url , .
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 285, p. 286.
- Flora of Plymouth: an account of the flowering plants and ferns found within twelve miles of the town; history of local botanical investigation. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 401.
- Flora of Vermont. List of ferns and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Vermont Botanical Club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Print. Co., 1915. url p. 245.
- Flora of Vermont; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Ezra Brainerd, L.R. Jones and W.W. Eggleston, committee for the Vermont botanical club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Association, 1900. url p. 78.
- Flora of Willoughby, Vermont / George G. Kennedy. Boston: [s.n.], 1904. url p. 129.
- Flora of Willoughby, Vermont. [By] George G. Kennedy. Boston, 1904. url p. 129.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 275.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 344.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 107, p. 506, p. 611, p. 73.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url .
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 523.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 523.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 20, p. 562.
- Forests and forestry of northern Russia and lands beyond / comp. by John Croumbie Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1884- url p. 187.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Geological survey of Illinois A.H. Worthen, director. .. Published by the authority of the legislature of Illinois Springfield, Ill.: State Journal Steam Press, 1866-1890 url p. 497.
- Goldfish breeds and other aquarium fishes, their care and propagation: a guide to freshwater and marine aquaria, their fauna, flora and management. With 280 explanatory illustrations, printed with the text / by Herman T. Wolf... Philadelphia: Innes & sons, [c1908] url p. 205.
- Grand Rapids flora: a catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids, Mich., A. Van Dort, 1901. url p. 138.
- Gray's school and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume / by Asa Gray New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor,  url p. 225.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 892.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 296.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 151, p. 240, p. 35, p. 67.
- Home studies in nature, New York, Harper & Brothers, 1885. url .
- Hooker, W. J. Flora boreali-americana, or, the botany of the northern parts of British America: compiled principally from the plants collected by Dr. Richardson & Mr. Drummond on the late northern expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. To which are added (by permission of the Horticultural society of London, ) those of Mr. Douglas, from north-west America, and of other naturalists /by Sir William Jackson Hooker. 2 1840 London, H.G. Bohn -1840. url p. 118.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 237.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants, drawn by W.H. Fitch and W.G. Smith. London: Reeve, 1908. url p. 161.
- Inland wetlands of the United States: evaluated as potential registered natural landmarks / Richard H. Goodwin, William A. Niering. [Washington]: National Park Service: may be purchased from the Supt. of Docs., Govt. Print. Off., 1975. url p. 357.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 45, p. 521.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url , p. 113, p. 132, p. 137, p. 145, p. 146, p. 146, p. 147, p. 186, p. 203, p. 232, p. 236, p. 245, p. 268, p. 273, p. 274, p. 287, p. 295, p. 313, p. 314, p. 332, p. 387, p. 395, p. 498, p. 56, p. 67, p. 78, p. 78, p. 80.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 184.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. London: The Society, 1857-1864. url p. 177.
- Knowledge. v. 1-40; Nov. 1881-Dec. 1917. LondonWyman [etc.] url p. 222.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 195.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 195.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 195, p. 414.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 298.
- Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology. London: printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1829-1837. url p. 129.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1856. url .
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by Charles Cardale Babington. London: John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 265.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 847.
- Memoirs of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. [Boston: The Academy, url p. 401.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 20, p. 562.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 298.
- Memorials, journal and botanical correspondence of Charles Cardale Babington. Cambridge, [Eng.]: Macmillan and Bowes, 1897. url p. 466, p. 56.
- Michigan flora. Prepared for the thirtieth annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture, by W. J. Beal and C. F. Wheeler. Lansing: R. Smith & co., printers, 1892 url .
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url , p. 121.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url , p. 12, p. 314.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url p. 3, p. 5, p. 565.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 117, p. 65.
- Miscellaneous papers on the zoology of Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven, chief naturalist; pub. as a part of the Annual report of the Board of geological survey for 1915. Lansing, Mich.: W.H. Crawford Co., state printers, 1916. url p. 115.
- Miscellaneous publications / University of Michigan, Museum of Zoology. Ann Arbor, Mich.: The University, 1916- url p. 39.
- Montana wetland assessment method / prepared by Jeff Berglund, Western EcoTech. Helena, Mont.: Western EcoTech, 1999. url p. 4.
- Montana wetlands management study / prepared for Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation. Denver, Colo.: Bureau of Reclamation,  url p. 27.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 107, p. 15, p. 48.
- Narrative of a journey to the shores of the Polar Sea, in the years 1819, 20, 21, and 22 by John Franklin. London: J. Murray, 1823. url .
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 21, p. 21.
- Natural history rambles. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1879. url p. 189.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 114, p. 88.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 169, p. 30.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 8 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 127.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 309.
- Observations on the flowering plants, ferns and fern allies growing wild in Marquette County, Michigan, in 1916 and 1917, especially in the vicinity of the Huron Mountain Club. Ann Arbor, Michigan, Published by the University, 1918. url .
- Our ducks; a history of American ducks, nesting, roosting, feeding, and playing grounds; habits throughout the year. By F. Henry Yorke. Chicago, The American field publishing co., 1899. url p. 130.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 604.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 41.
- Plant species of concern / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2003. url .
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 216.
- Proceedings - Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society. Dorchester, Eng. url p. 82, p. 86, p. 89.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 42.
- Proceedings of the Davenport Academy of Natural Sciences. Davenport, Ia., Academy of Natural Sciences [etc.] url p. 27.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 185, p. 185, p. 191.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url , p. 162.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 92.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 111, p. 131, p. 24, p. 245, p. 32, p. 410, p. 7, p. 700, p. 705, p. 719.
- Publications in botany / Ottawa: The Museum, 1969- url p. 59, p. 76, p. 94.
- Report for the year - British Columbia Provincial Museum. [Victoria]; Printed by A. Sutton [etc.], for the Queen. url .
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, Office of the Regents, 1871-1888 url p. 29, p. 31.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 129.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , , , , .
- Report of the State Entomologist on injurious and other insects of the state of New York. Albany: Weed, Parsons and Co.; University of the State of New York, 1882- url p. 169, p. 30.
- Report. Victoria, B.C. url p. 15.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 3, p. 474, p. 5, p. 6, p. 702, p. 703, p. 729, p. 743.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 553.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 49, p. 631.
- Selected western flora: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta / Toronto: Macmillan Company of Canada, [c1915] url , .
- Sensitive, threatened, and endangered vascular plants of Montana / Peter Lesica, J. Stephen Shelly. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, Montana State Library, 1991. url p. 58, p. 88.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 31 1888 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 315, p. 316.
- Sources of the Ohio flora, by A.D. Selby and J.W.T. Duvel. Columbus, 1899 url p. 43.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 29.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url , p. 2, p. 4, p. 7.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 45, p. 48, p. 60, p. 63, p. 95.
- Synoptical flora of North America. New York, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and Co. [etc., etc.]1878-1884. url , p. 315, p. 315, p. 316.
- Synoptical flora of North America: the Gamopetalae, a second edition of vol. I, pt. II, and vol. II, pt. I / collected by Asa Gray. Washington, D. C.: Smithsonian Institution, 1888. url p. 315.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 50.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 37.
- The American journal of science. 23 (2) 1857 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 71.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 296, p. 9.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 103, p. 114, p. 116, p. 128, p. 162, p. 172, p. 176, p. 229, p. 234, p. 234, p. 250, p. 251, p. 30, p. 33, p. 36, p. 40, p. 89, p. 97, p. 98.
- The Asa Gray bulletin. 2 1953 Ann Arbor, Mich. url p. 23.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 247.
- The British flora: comprising the phaenogamous, or flowering plants and the ferns / by Sir William Jackson Hooker. London: Longman, Orme, Brown, Green & Longmans, 1838- url p. 9.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 54 1940 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url brown , stroud , p. 104, p. 106, p. 124, p. 125, p. 125, p. 139, p. 182, p. 183, p. 195, p. 196, p. 237, p. 261, p. 267, p. 268, p. 302, p. 319, p. 32, p. 389, p. 391, p. 394, p. 431, p. 44, p. 442, p. 469, p. 65, p. 66, p. 71, p. 756, p. 81, p. 96, p. 96.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal: Natural History Society, 1884-1916. url p. 21.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 193.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 365.
- The Farmer's magazine. [London: Rogerson and Tuxford, 1834-1881. url p. 184.
- The Gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orome, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 524.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , , , p. 234, p. 813.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 134, p. 150, p. 31, p. 58, p. 99.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 10, p. 150, p. 170, p. 199, p. 237, p. 242, p. 246, p. 54, p. 66, p. 89, p. 97.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 132.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 9 1867 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 167, p. 223, p. 282, p. 559.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 474, p. 702, p. 703, p. 729, p. 823.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 702, p. 703, p. 729, p. 743, p. 823.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 328.
- The New Forest; its history and its scenery. By John R. Wise. With 63 illustrations, drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps. London: Gibbings & co., 1895. url p. 328.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 104, p. 293, p. 315, p. 416, p. 97.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 167.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 106, p. 255, p. 394, p. 429, p. 515, p. 673, p. 77.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 1002, p. 259, p. 260, p. 261, p. 690.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 143, p. 255, p. 70.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 38, p. 39.
- The Victoria history of the county of Cornwall / London: [A. Constable and Company], 1906- url p. 52.
- The biology of flowering plants, by Macgregor Skene. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1924. url p. 277.
- The book of the aquarium and water cabinet; or Practical instructions on the formation, stocking, and management, in all seasons, of collections of fresh water and marine life. London, Groombridge, 1856. url p. 28.
- The book of the seasons; or, The calendar of nature. LondonR. Bentley1833 url p. 200.
- The botany of the Eastern Borders: with the popular names and uses of the plants, and of the customs and beliefs which have been associated with them / by George Johnston. London: J. Van Voorst, 1853. url p. 165.
- The carnivorous plants, by Francis Ernest Lloyd. .. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Company, 1942. url p. 225, p. 310.
- The constitution and by-laws of the Ann Arbor Scientific Association with the proceedings for the year ending May 1, 1876.. ... Ann Arbor, Courier Steam Printing House, 1876. url p. 101.
- The flora of Banffshire. Aberdeen: Printed for the University1912 url p. 11.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 633.
- The flora of Disko Island and the adjacent coast of West Greenland from 66-71 N. lat.: with remarks on phytogeography, ecology, flowering, fructification and hibernation / by Morten P. Porsild; assisted by A. Erling Porsild. København: B. Lunos bogt., 1920 [i.e. 1926]- url p. 144, p. 144.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 118.
- The flora of Essex County, Massachusetts. Salem, Essex Institute, 1880. url .
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of the upper Susquehanna and its tributaries / by WJillard Nelson Clute. Binghamton, N.Y.: W.N. Clute, 1898. url p. 83.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 524.
- The geological and natural history survey of Minnesota: the twelfth annual report for the year 1883 / N.H. Winchell. Minneapolis: Johnson, Smith & Harrison, 1884. url p. 98.
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 403.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 160.
- The orchids in the Ottawa District: floristics, phytogeography, population studies and historical review / Joyce M. Reddoch and Allan H. Reddoch. 111 1997 Ottawa, Canada: The Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club,  url p. 183.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 106.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url , , .
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url .
- The plants of southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url , p. 49.
- The river-side naturalist; notes on the various forms of life met with either in, on, or by the water, or in its immediate vicinity. Illus. with numerous woodcuts. London, Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1890. url p. 373.
- The swamps of Oswego County, N.Y., and their flora, by W.W. Rowler. n.p., 1897 url p. 797.
- The vegetation of the New Jersey Pine-Barrens: an ecologic investigation / by John W. Harshberger. Philadelphia: Christopher Sower Company, 1916. url p. 256, p. 309.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 166, p. 209, p. 238, p. 92, p. 97.
- Transactions and journal of proceedings / Dumfriesshire and Galloway Natural History & Antiquarian Society. Dumfries: Council of the Society, url p. 152, p. 22.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url , , , p. 324.
- Transactions of the Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences. New Haven: Published by the Academy, 1866- url p. 351, p. 374, p. 374, p. 417, p. 417, p. 418, p. 418.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 232.
- Transactions of the Wagner Free Institute of Science of Philadelphia. Philadelphia: Wagner Free Institute of Science of Philadelphia, 1887-1927. url , p. 15, p. 29.
- Vegetation of the Peak District / C. E. Moss. Cambridge: University Press, 1913. url p. 169.
- Vegetation of the Peak District. Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url p. 169, p. 211.
- Water plants; a study of aquatic angiosperms. Cambridge, University Press, 1920. url , p. 101, p. 102, p. 219, p. 220, p. 367, p. 435, p. 94, p. 97.
- Wild flowers of New York, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1918. url p. 256, p. 257, p. 257, p. 337, p. 337, p. 360, p. 360.
- Wild flowers of the North American mountains. New York, McBride, 1917. url p. 343, p. 375.
- Wild flowers; New York, Macmillan Co., 1934. url , , , .
- Works on forestry [by] J.C. Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1883-87. url p. 187.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed February 4, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 19, 2007:
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Dorset Environmental Records Centre - Bryophyte Survey of the Poole Basin Mires - NBN South West Pilot Project Case Studies
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2656538
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-34454
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:526836-1
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 34454
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 262047-2
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: UTIN2
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 67455