Common Names in English:
Bladderwort, Lesser Bladderwort
Habit: Forb/herb • Growth Form: Stoloniferous • Shape and Orientation: Prostrate
Flowers: Bloom Period: Summer • Flower Color: Yellow • Flower Conspicuous: Yes
Seeds: Seed per Pound: 300000 • Seed Spread Rate: Slow • Seedling Vigor: Low • Fruit/Seed Abundance: Low • Fruit/Seed Color: Brown • Fruit/Seed Conspicuous: No • Cold Stratification Required: No
Foliage: Foliage Color: Green • Foliage Porosity Summer: Porous • Foliage Porosity Winter: Porous • Foliage Texture: Fine • Fall Conspicuous: No • Leaf Retention: No
Active Growth Period: Spring and Summer • Growth Rate: Rapid • After Harvest Regrowth Rate: None • Mature Height (feet): 0.2 • Size: under 6" tall. • Vegetative Spread Rate: Moderate • Lifespan: Lifespan
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,262 meters (0 to 7,421 feet).
Duration: Perennial • Coppice Potential: No • Progagated by Bulbs: No • Propagated by Bare Root: No • Propagated by Container: No • Propagated by Corms: No • Propagated by Cuttings: Yes • Propagated by Seed: Yes • Propagated by Sod: No • Propagated by Sprigs: Yes • Propagated by Tubers: No • Fruit/Seed Period Begin: Summer • Fruit/Seed Period End: Fall • Fruit/Seed Persistence: No
Culture: Space 3-6" apart.
Soil: Adapted to Medium Textured: Adapted to Medium Textured Soils • Adapted to Coarse Textured Soils: Yes • Anaerobic Tolerance: High • Salinity Tolerance: None • CaCO3 Tolerance: Low • Minimum pH: 6.5 • Maximum pH: 7.5 • Fertility Requirement: Medium
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun . • Shade Tolerance: Intolerant
Moisture: Drought Tolerance: None • Minimum Precipitation: 10 • Maximum Precipitation: 60 • Moisture Use: High
Temperature: Minimum Temperature (F): -43 • Minimum Frost Free Days: 80 • Cold Hardiness: 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Utricularia
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 69 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
U. adpressa (Bladderwort) · U. alpina (Bladderwort) · U. amethystina (Bladderwort) · U. australis (Bladderwort) · U. bifida (Bladderwort) · U. biovularioides (Bladderwort) · U. bisquamata (Bladderwort) · U. bremii (Bladderwort) · U. buntingiana (Bladderwort) · U. caerulea (Bladderwort) · U. calycifida (Bladderwort) · U. campbelliana (Bladderwort) · U. capilliflora (Bladderwort) · U. chrysantha (Bladderwort) · U. cornuta (Bladderwort) · U. delicatula (Bladderwort) · U. dichotoma (Bladderwort) · U. dimorphanta (Bladderwort) · U. exoleta (Bladderwort) · U. flaccida (Bladderwort) · U. floridana (Florida Yellow Bladderwort) · U. foliosa (Leafy Bladderwort) · U. geminiloba (Bladderwort) · U. geminiscapa (Bladderwort) · U. gibba (Humped Bladderwort) · U. gibba exoleta (Bladderwort) · U. heterosepala (Bladderwort) · U. hintonii (Bladderwort) · U. inflata (Bladderwort) · U. intermedia (Flat-Leaf Bladderwort) · U. jamesoniana (Bladderwort) · U. juncea (Bladderwort) · U. lateriflora (Tiny Bladderwort) · U. leptoplectra (Bladderwort) · U. livida (Bladderwort) · U. longifolia (Bladderwort) · U. macrorhiza (Bladderwort) · U. menziesii (Bladderwort) · U. microcalyx (Bladderwort) · U. minor (Bladderwort) · U. monanthos (Bladderwort) · U. nelumbifolia (Bladderwort) · U. neottioides (Bladderworts) · U. novae-zelandiae (Bladderwort) · U. ochroleuca (Bladderwort) · U. olivacea (Bladderwort) · U. parthenopipes (Bladderwort) · U. praelonga (Bladderwort) · U. prehensilis (Bladderwort) · U. purpurea (Eastern Purple Bladderwort) · U. pusilla (Bladderwort) · U. quelchii (Bladderwort) · U. racemosa (Bladderwort) · U. radiata (Floating Bladderwort) · U. reniformis (Bladderwort) · U. resupinata (Bladderwort) · U. sandersonii (Bladderwort) · U. sandersonii 'Blue' (Bladderwort) · U. simulans (Bladderwort) · U. singeriana (Bladderwort) · U. striata (Bladderwort) · U. stygia (Bladderwort) · U. subulata (Bladderwort) · U. tenella (Pink Bladderwort) · U. tricolor (Bladderwort) · U. uliginosa (Bladderwort) · U. volubilis (Bladderwort) · U. warburgii (Bladderwort) · U. welwitschii (Bladderwort)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A botanical exploration of the north shore of the gulf of St. Lawrence including an annotated list of the species of vascular plants, Ottawa, F. A. Acland, printer, 1922. url p. 107.
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and vascular cryptogams, found in and near Lackawanna and Wyoming valleys, by William R. Dudley...and Charles O. Thurston...1892. Wilkes-Barre, Pa., E. B. Yordy, 1892. url .
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url .
- A compendium of the flora of the northern and middle states, containing generic and specific descriptions of all the plants, exclusive of the cryptogamia, hitherto found in the United States, north of the Potomac. New York, S. B. Collins, 1826. url p. 20.
- A complete guide to the English lakes, London, J. Garnett;186-?] url .
- A contribution to our knowledge of seedlings; by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url .
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 14.
- A flora of northwest America: containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia / by Thomas Howell. Vol. 1, Phanerogamae. Portland, Or.: [s.n.], 1903. url p. 543.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url .
- A flora of the islands of Jersey, with a list of the plants of the Channel Islands in general, and remarks upon their distribution and geographical affinities. London, West, Newman, 1903. url , .
- A garden diary, September 1899-September 1900 / by Emily Lawless. London: Methuen, 1901. url p. 184.
- A garden diary: September 1899-September 1900 / London: Methuen & Co., 1901. url .
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 171.
- A monograph of the British Desmidiaceæ, by W. West and G. S. West. London, The Ray Society, 1904-23. url p. 13, p. 145, p. 37.
- A monograph of the free and semi-parasitic Copepoda of the British islands. By G. Stewardson Brady London, Ray society, 1878-80 url p. 64.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 317.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 108.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 102, p. 74.
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 106.
- A textbook of botany for colleges / by William F. Ganong. New York: Macmillan, 1927. url p. 555.
- A textbook of botany for colleges. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 555.
- A treatise on the British freshwater Algae, by G. S. West. Cambridge [Eng.], University Press, 1904. url p. 322.
- A vegetation index of biotic integrity for small-order streams in southwest Montana and a floristic quality assessment for western Montana wetlands / [Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005]. url .
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url , p. 102, p. 105, p. 112, p. 126, p. 126, p. 127, p. 128, p. 130, p. 132, p. 134, p. 135, p. 136, p. 137, p. 139, p. 14, p. 141, p. 142, p. 162, p. 170, p. 251, p. 28, p. 290, p. 30, p. 40, p. 56, p. 61, p. 63, p. 65, p. 66, p. 67, p. 67, p. 69, p. 69, p. 70, p. 77, p. 79.
- Algae. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1916. url p. 426, p. 474.
- Algæ. Vol. I. Myxophyceæ, Peridinieæ, Bacillarieæ, Chlorophyceæ, together with a brief summary of the occurrence and distribution of freshwat4er Algæ. By G.S. West. Cambridge [Eng.]The University press, 1916. url p. 426, p. 474, p. 474.
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 93.
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Ross, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828. url p. 177.
- An encyclopædia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1827. url p. 177.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 227, p. 228, p. 229.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 573.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 44.
- Annals of natural history. London, R. and J.E. Taylor, url p. 35, p. 35.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 419.
- Annals of the Lyceum of Natural History of New York. New-York: 1824-1876. url p. 227.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 633.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 121.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 127, p. 39, p. 40.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the Connecticut Board of Agriculture. Hartford: The Board, 1867-1925. url p. 49.
- Annual report on the New York State Museum of Natural History. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 46.
- Annual reports and proceedings of the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. url p. 167.
- Annual wholesale catalogue of American trees, shrubs, plants and seeds: cultivated and for sale at the Linn©an Botanic Garden and Nurseries, near New-York / William Prince & Sons, proprietors. New York: s.n., 1832 url p. 209.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 4.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 11 - 20 1929 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 27, p. 7.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url , p. 373, p. 99.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 153, p. 25.
- Botany of the United States north of Virginia; comprising descriptions of the flowering and fern-like plants hitherto found in those states, arranged according to the natural system. With a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnean system, a New York, Harper, 1868. url p. 288.
- Botany of the northern and middle states, or, A description of the plants found in the United States, north of Virginia: arranged according to the natural system: with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnaean system. .. / Albany: Printed by Webster and Skinners. .., 1833. url p. 287.
- Botany. Cambridge, Mass., Welch, Bigelow, University Press, 1876-80. url p. 586.
- Botany. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1871. url , .
- British entomology; being illustrations and descriptions of the genera of insects found in Great Britain and Ireland: containing coloured figures from nature of the most rare and beautiful species, and in many instances By John Curtis. London, Printed for the author, 1823-40. url p. 24.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 660.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 214.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1919 1919 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 387.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 30 1903 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 123, p. 258, p. 302, p. 316, p. 363, p. 501, p. 643, p. 675.
- Bulletin of the United States Fish Commission. Washington, The Commission, Govt. Print. Off. url p. 260, p. 354.
- Bulletin of the scientific laboratories of Denison University. Granville, Ohio: [The University], 1885- url p. 38, p. 66.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 214.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , p. 348, p. 348.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 42, p. 498, p. 532, p. 624.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 42, p. 498, p. 532, p. 624.
- Catalogue of the cabinet of natural history of the state of New York, and of the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, C. Van Benthuysen, printer, 1853. url .
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 358.
- Catalogue of the phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants of Missouri. Jefferson City, Tribune Printing Co., 1886. url .
- Colonsay, one of the Hebrides, its plants: their local names and usses--legends, ruins, and place-names--Gaelic names of birds, fishes, etc.--climate, geological formation, etc. By Murdoch McNeill. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1910. url p. 76.
- Companion to the Botanical magazine: being a journal, containing such interesting botanical information as does not come within the prescribed limits of the magazine; with occasional figures /by W.J. Hooker. 2 1836-1837 London: Printed by E. Conchman. .. for the proprietor, S. Curtis, 1835-1836 [i.e., 1835-1837] url p. 277.
- Contributions from the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1899- url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 4 1893 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 174, p. 317, p. 410, p. 510, p. 523, p. 730.
- Contributions to Canadian biology. Toronto, Biological Board of Canada. url p. 203.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.E. Ponsonby, 1898. url .
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 52.
- Country rambles, and Manchester walks and wild flowers: being rural wanderings in Cheshire, Lancashire, Derbyshire, & Yorkshire, by Leo H. Grindon. Manchester, Palmer & Howe, 1882. url p. 45.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 291, p. 303, p. 488.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 670, p. 781.
- Ecologically significant wetlands in the Upper Yellowstone River watershed: including the Boulder, Clarks Fork Yellowstone, Shields, and Stillwater River drainages / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2001. url .
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url .
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 12, p. 62, p. 8.
- Facts relating to the history of Groton, Massachusetts, by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 17.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 123.
- Field and woodland plants, by W.S. Furneaux. With 8 plates in colour, and numerous illustrations by Patten Wilson, and photographs from nature by the author. London, Longmans, Green, 1911. url p. 351.
- Field, forest and garden botany: a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated / by Asa Gray. New York: American Book, c1895. url p. 333.
- First biennial report of the progress of the Geological survey of Michigan, embracing observations on the geology, zoo?logy and botany of the lower peninsula. Made to the governor, December 31, 1860. Lansing, Hosmer & Kerr, printers to the state, 1861. url .
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 276, p. 277, p. 278, p. 299, p. 300.
- Flora Orcadensis: containing the flowering plants arranged according to the natural orders / by Magnus Spence; and The mosses, by James Grant. Kirkwall: D. Spence, 1914. url p. 148, p. 53.
- Flora Peoriana; the vegetation in the climate of middle Illinois. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks, 1887. url p. 86.
- Flora hibernica: comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland: arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin: W. Curry jun., 1836. url p. 197.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 108.
- Flora of Ann Arbor and vicinity. Ann Arbor, [Mich.]: Courier Steam Print. House, 1876. url p. 101.
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, Printed for the Society, 1922. url , p. 192.
- Flora of Cambridgeshire; or, A catalogue of plants found in the county of Cambridge; with references to former catalogues, and the localities of the rarer species. London, J. Van Voorst, 1860. url .
- Flora of Colorado, Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url .
- Flora of Colorado, by P. A. Rydberg, PH. D. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 319.
- Flora of Colorado, by P.A. Rydberg. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 319, p. 319.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , , , .
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 152.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 207.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 862, p. 864.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 815.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, by L. L. Dame and F. S. Collins. Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url p. 66, p. 66.
- Flora of Middlesex; a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county; with sketches of its physical geography and climate, and of the progress of Middlesex botany during the last three centuries, by Henry Trimen and William T. Thiselton Dyer. With a map. London, Robert Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 223.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url , .
- Flora of Plymouth: an account of the flowering plants and ferns found within twelve miles of the town; history of local botanical investigation. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 401.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 275.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 344.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 107, p. 506, p. 507, p. 611, p. 73.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 802.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url .
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url , .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 332, p. 333.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian t by John Kunkel Small. .. New York, The author, 1903. url p. 1090.
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 523.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 523.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 20, p. 29, p. 562.
- Flora vectensis: being a systematic description of the phænogamous or flowering plants and ferns indigenous to the Isle of Wight. London, W. Pamplin, 1856. url .
- Florigraphia Britannica; or, Engravings and descriptions of the flowering plants and ferns of Britain. London, Groombridge, 1857. url .
- Florigraphia britannica, or, Engravings and descriptions of the flowering plants and ferns of Britain / by Richard Deakin. London: Groombridge, 1857. url p. 21.
- Flowering plants of the Riviera: a sescriptive account of 1800 of the more interesting species / by H. Stuart Thompson; with an introduction on Riviera vegetation by A. G. Tansley London; New York: Longmans, Green, 1914. url p. 172.
- Forests and forestry of northern Russia and lands beyond / comp. by John Croumbie Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1884- url p. 187.
- Fresh-water biology, by Henry Baldwin Ward. .. and George Chandler Whipple. .. with the collaboration of a staff of specialists. New York: Wiley, 1944, c1918. url p. 188.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Goldfish breeds and other aquarium fishes, their care and propagation: a guide to freshwater and marine aquaria, their fauna, flora and management. With 280 explanatory illustrations, printed with the text / by Herman T. Wolf... Philadelphia: Innes & sons, [c1908] url p. 205.
- Grand Rapids flora: a catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids, Mich., A. Van Dort, 1901. url p. 138.
- Gray's Lessons in botany and vegetable physiology: illustrated by over 360 wood engravings from original drawings by Isaac Sprague: to which is added a copious glossary, or dictionary of botanical terms / by Asa Gray. New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor & Co., 1877, c1868. url p. 318.
- Gray's School and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany" bound in one volume. New York: American Book Company, [between 1895 and 1900]. url p. 333.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1981 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 81.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 1185.
- Handbook for Southport: medical and general, with copious notices of the natural history of the district / edited by Edward Day McNicoll. Southport [Eng.]: R. Johnson, 1883. url p. 84.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 296.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 11, p. 122, p. 151, p. 72.
- History of the Berwickshire Naturalists' Club, instituted September 22, 1831 [Vol. 1 of proceedings, corr. and reprinted] Alnwick, H.H. Blair, 1885. url p. 206.
- Hooker, J. D. & T. Thomson Flora indica: being a systematic account of the plants of British India, together with observations on the structure and affinities of their natural orders and genera /by J.D. Hooker and Thomas Thomson. 1855 London: W. Pamplin, 1855. url p. 279.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 237.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 450.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants, drawn by W.H. Fitch and W.G. Smith. London: Reeve, 1908. url p. 161.
- Insectivorous plants / London: J. Murray, 1888. url , .
- Insectivorous plants / by Charles Darwin. New York: D. Appleton, 1899. url p. 347.
- Insectivorous plants /by Charles Darwin. 1888 London: J. Murray, 1888. url p. 319, p. 345.
- Insectivorous plants, by Charles Darwin. .. New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1896. url , p. 395, p. 429.
- Insectivorous plants. New York, D. Appleton[c1896] url , .
- Insectivorous plants. New York: D. Appleton; 1895 url , .
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 559.
- Introduction to botany / by William Chase Stevens. Boston: D.C. Heath & Co., 1902. url , p. 106.
- Introduction to botany, Boston, D. C. Heath & Co., 1902. url .
- Journal and proceedings of the Hamilton Association. [Hamilton, Ont.]: Printed for the Hamilton Association by the Spector Printing Co., -1899. url p. 72.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 47 1909 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 100, p. 112, p. 113, p. 140, p. 145, p. 146, p. 150, p. 16, p. 198, p. 200, p. 200, p. 226, p. 236, p. 245, p. 255, p. 268, p. 268, p. 273, p. 294, p. 295, p. 301, p. 32, p. 323, p. 332, p. 339, p. 360, p. 362, p. 362, p. 370, p. 387, p. 387, p. 46, p. 48, p. 54, p. 56, p. 67, p. 7, p. 71, p. 81.
- Journal of botany: being a second series of the Botanical miscellany. 1 1834 London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman; Edinburgh: A. & C. Black, 1834-1842. url p. 313.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 184, p. 425.
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington [etc., Washington Academy of Sciences] url p. 189, p. 198, p. 306, p. 309.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. London: The Society, 1857-1864. url p. 177.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 196.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 196.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 196, p. 414.
- Leaves and flowers; or, Object lessons in botany. With a flora. Prepared for beginners in academies and public schools. By Alphonso Wood, with 665 illustrations. New York, Barnes;1874. url p. 257.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 515, p. 527.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 298.
- List of rare, threatened and endemic plants in Europe (1982 edition) Council of Europe url p. 18.
- Loudon's encyclopaedia of plants; comprising the specific character, description, culture, history, application in the arts, and every other desirable particular respecting all the plants indigenous to, cultivated in, or introduced in Edited by Mrs. Loudon, assisted by George Don and David Wooster. London, Longmans, Green, 1866. url p. 1096.
- Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology. London: printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1829-1837. url p. 126, p. 56.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1856. url .
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by Charles Cardale Babington. London: John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 265.
- Manual of the botany (Phaenogamia and Pteridophyta) of the Rocky mountain region, from New Mexico to the British boundary. By John M. Coulter. and Chicago: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and company, 1885. url p. 290.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi and north of North Carolina and Tennessee, arranged according to the natural system / by Asa Gray. New York: Ivison, Phinney, Blakeman, 1867. url p. 318.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 847.
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 195, p. 396, p. 42, p. 442, p. 748.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 20, p. 29, p. 367, p. 367, p. 39, p. 562, p. 60.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 298.
- Memorials, journal and botanical correspondence of Charles Cardale Babington. Cambridge, [Eng.]: Macmillan and Bowes, 1897. url p. 47.
- Michigan flora. Prepared for the thirtieth annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture, by W. J. Beal and C. F. Wheeler. Lansing: R. Smith & co., printers, 1892 url .
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url , p. 121.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 12, p. 314.
- Monthly Magazine or British Register (of Politics, Literature and the Belles Lettres) London. url p. 215.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 21, p. 21.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) by John M. Coulter, rev. by Aven Nelson. Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1909] url p. 463.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 8 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 127.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 111, p. 240, p. 322, p. 416, p. 459, p. 461.
- Nuttall, T. The genera of North American plants, and a catalogue of the species, to the year 1817.By Thomas Nuttall. 1 1818 Philadelphia:Printed for the author by D. Heartt, 1818. url p. 12.
- Our ducks; a history of American ducks, nesting, roosting, feeding, and playing grounds; habits throughout the year. By F. Henry Yorke. Chicago, The American field publishing co., 1899. url p. 130.
- Philosophical notes on botanical subjects. London, Eyre and Spottiswoode, 1892. url .
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 441, p. 78.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 604.
- Plant Form OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS url p. 73.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 730.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url .
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 216.
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 109, p. 109.
- Proceedings - Cambridge Philosophical Society. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society [etc.] url p. 261.
- Proceedings - Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society. Dorchester, Eng. url p. 202, p. 89.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 365, p. 365.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url , p. 162.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 25.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 12, p. 18, p. 19, p. 26, p. 697, p. 705, p. 708, p. 767.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url p. 202.
- Proceedings. Halifax url p. 397.
- Publications in botany / Ottawa: The Museum, 1969- url p. 59, p. 76, p. 94.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, Office of the Regents, 1871-1888 url p. 46.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 128.
- Report of the Missouri State Horticultural Society for the year. .. Jefferson City: The Society, url p. 65.
- Report of the geological exploration of the fortieth parallel / Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1870-80 url p. 215, p. 524.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 474, p. 702, p. 703, p. 743.
- Rocky mountain flowers; an illustrated guide for plantlovers and plant-users; with twenty-five plates in color and twenty-one plates in black and white [by] Frederic Edward Clements...and Edith Schwartz Clements... 1914 New York city, the H.W. Wilson company, 1914. url p. 140.
- Science studies, v.1, no. 1-3. Bozeman, Mont.1905. url p. 98.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray / selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, 1889. url p. 171.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray, selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, Mifflin, 1889. url p. 171, p. 171.
- Sensitive, threatened, and endangered vascular plants of Montana / Peter Lesica, J. Stephen Shelly. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, Montana State Library, 1991. url p. 83.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 1338.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 31 1888 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 315.
- Somerset archaeology and natural history: the proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. Taunton: Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society. url p. 70.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 127, p. 37, p. 38, p. 39, p. 40.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url , p. 10, p. 2, p. 7.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url , , , , p. 104, p. 31, p. 50, p. 54, p. 57, p. 60, p. 65, p. 9.
- Synoptical flora of North America. New York, American Book Company, 1878-1895/97 [v.2, pt. 1, 1878] url p. 315, p. 315.
- Synoptical flora of North America: the Gamopetalae, a second edition of vol. I, pt. II, and vol. II, pt. I / collected by Asa Gray. Washington, D. C.: Smithsonian Institution, 1888. url p. 315.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 288.
- Technical report: Illinois natural areas inventory / by the Department of Landscape Architecture, Univeristy of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, and the Natural Land Institute, Rockford, Illinois. Urbana: Dept. of Landscape Architecture, University of Illinois and Natural Land Institute, 1978. url p. 195.
- Text-book of western botany: consisting of Coulter's Manual of the botany of the Rocky mountains, to which is prefixed Gray's lessons in botany. For the use of schools and colleges between the Mississippi river and the Rocky moun Chicago: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and Company, 1885. url p. 290.
- The Alga-flora of Yorkshire: a complete account of the known freshwater Algæ of the county, with many notes on their affinities and distribution. Leeds, Pub. for the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union by Taylor Bros., Printers, 1901. url .
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants; together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the America By Alphonso Wood. .. Chicago, A. S. Barnes & Company, 1873 [c1870] url p. 216.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 50.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 203, p. 203, p. 354, p. 371, p. 382, p. 382, p. 391, p. 391, p. 392, p. 392, p. 394, p. 394, p. 68.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 106, p. 117, p. 128, p. 131, p. 170, p. 172, p. 176, p. 227, p. 231, p. 235, p. 250, p. 251, p. 252, p. 36, p. 40, p. 89, p. 93, p. 96, p. 97, p. 98.
- The British flora: comprising the phaenogamous, or flowering plants and the ferns / by Sir William Jackson Hooker. London: Longman, Orme, Brown, Green & Longmans, 1838- url p. 9.
- The British freshwater Rhizopoda and Heliozoa / by James Cash, assisted by John Hopkinson. London: Printed for the Ray Scociety, 1905-21. url p. 125, p. 19.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 54 1940 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url brown , adams , p. 125, p. 138, p. 183, p. 193, p. 209, p. 260, p. 268, p. 280, p. 292, p. 298, p. 324, p. 397, p. 418, p. 419, p. 434, p. 44, p. 440, p. 440, p. 441, p. 560, p. 576, p. 583, p. 66, p. 674, p. 707, p. 755, p. 789, p. 87.
- The Canadian naturalist and quarterly journal of science: with proceedings of the Natural History Society of Montreal. Montreal: Dawson, 1869-1883. url p. 151.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 123, p. 170.
- The Eskimo tribes; their distribution and characteristics, especially as regards language, with a comparative vocabulary and sketch-map. Copenhagen1887-91. url p. 128.
- The Field naturalist's quarterly. Edinburgh: George A. Morton, 1902-1904. url p. 131.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 199.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticultural advertiser. Philadelphia [Pa.: s.n.1859-1875] url p. 111.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1167.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 103, p. 231, p. 336, p. 404, p. 654, p. 800.
- The Great Basin naturalist. Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 26, p. 31, p. 69.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url , , p. 103, p. 120, p. 128, p. 171, p. 182, p. 199, p. 245, p. 264, p. 287, p. 61, p. 83.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society of London. London: Academic Press [etc.], 1865-1968. url p. 315, p. 531.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 17 1880 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 158, p. 278, p. 279, p. 280, p. 282, p. 387, p. 606.
- The Journal of the Quekett Microscopical Club. [London: Quekett Microscopical Club, 1868]-1966. url p. 201.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 563.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 474, p. 702, p. 703, p. 730, p. 743.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 702, p. 703, p. 743.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 107, p. 168, p. 297, p. 313, p. 354, p. 58, p. 68.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 294, p. 81.
- The New Forest; its history and its scenery. By John R. Wise. With 63 illustrations, drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps. London: Gibbings & co., 1895. url p. 294, p. 81.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 104, p. 198, p. 315, p. 418, p. 422, p. 97.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 106, p. 280, p. 316, p. 322, p. 324, p. 420, p. 427, p. 429, p. 510, p. 515, p. 517, p. 620, p. 673, p. 86.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 143, p. 211, p. 259, p. 260, p. 261, p. 283, p. 303, p. 304, p. 309, p. 348, p. 354, p. 37, p. 39, p. 416, p. 419, p. 514, p. 523, p. 537, p. 6, p. 740, p. 753, p. 854, p. 864.
- The Scottish botanical review. Edinburgh: Neill & Co., 1912. url p. 52.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 23, p. 255, p. 276, p. 343.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 37, p. 53.
- The Victoria history of the county of Stafford / edited by William Page. London: Constable1908- url p. 43.
- The anthocyanin pigments of plants. By Muriel Wheldale. Cambridge, University Press, 1916. url p. 317, p. 94.
- The biology of flowering plants, by Macgregor Skene. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1924. url p. 277.
- The book of nature study, ed. by J. Bretland Farmer. .. assisted by a staff of specialists. Fully illustrated. London, Caxton publishing company[1908?]-1909. url p. 90.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 224.
- The botanical looker-out among the wild flowers of England and Wales, at all seasons, and in the most interesting localities. By Edwin Lees. .. London, Hamilton, Adams & Co., 1851. url p. 199.
- The carnivorous plants, by Francis Ernest Lloyd. .. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Company, 1942. url p. 225, p. 242, p. 268.
- The constitution and by-laws of the Ann Arbor Scientific Association with the proceedings for the year ending May 1, 1876.. ... Ann Arbor, Courier Steam Printing House, 1876. url p. 101.
- The field botanist's companion: comprising a familiar account, in the four seasons, of the most common of the wild flowering plants of the British Isles / by Thomas Moore. London: L. Reeve, 1862. url p. 285.
- The flora of Banffshire. Aberdeen: Printed for the University1912 url p. 11.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 60.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 330.
- The flora of Disko Island and the adjacent coast of West Greenland from 66-71 N. lat.: with remarks on phytogeography, ecology, flowering, fructification and hibernation / by Morten P. Porsild; assisted by A. Erling Porsild. København: B. Lunos bogt., 1920 [i.e. 1926]- url p. 144, p. 144.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 117.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 117.
- The flora of Suffolk a topographical enumeration of the plants of the county, showing the results of former observations and of the most recent researches / by W.M. Hind; assisted by Churchill Babington; with an introductory chapter of the geology, climate and meteorology of Suffolk by Wheelton Hind. London: Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url p. 280.
- The flowering plants, grasses, sedges, & ferns of Great Britain and their allies, the club mosses, horsetails, etc. London, F. Warne, 1905. url .
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 403, p. 403.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 403.
- The letters of Rusticus on the natural history of Godalming. Extracted from the Magazine of natural history, the Entomological magazine, and the Entomologist. London: Printed for John Van Voorst, 1849. url p. 141.
- The life of John Duncan Scotch weaver and botanist: with sketches of his friends and notices of the times / by William Jolly. London: Kegan Paul, Trench and Co., 1883. url p. 172.
- The natural history and topography of Groton, Massachusetts / by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 17.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 120, p. 121, p. 980.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 21, p. 22.
- The orchids in the Ottawa District: floristics, phytogeography, population studies and historical review / Joyce M. Reddoch and Allan H. Reddoch. 111 1997 Ottawa, Canada: The Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club,  url p. 183.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 106.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url .
- The river-side naturalist; notes on the various forms of life met with either in, on, or by the water, or in its immediate vicinity. Illus. with numerous woodcuts. London, Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1890. url p. 371, p. 373.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url , p. 157, p. 159, p. 356.
- The vegetation and phytogeography of coastal southwestern James Bay / Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum, 1980. url p. 18.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , .
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Transactions and journal of proceedings / Dumfriesshire and Galloway Natural History & Antiquarian Society. Dumfries: Council of the Society, url p. 152.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url , p. 111, p. 116, p. 120, p. 159, p. 164, p. 164, p. 17, p. 177, p. 446, p. 485, p. 594.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url , p. 26, p. 485, p. 514.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. London: [The Society], 1791-1875. url p. 336.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, The Society. url , p. 108, p. 55.
- Transactions of the Sapporo Natural History Society. Sapporo, Japan, Sapporo Natural History Society, Hokkaido Imperial University. url .
- Treatise on the British freshwater Algae. Cambridge, Cambridge Univ. Press, 1904. url p. 322.
- Vegetation of the Peak District / C. E. Moss. Cambridge: University Press, 1913. url p. 169.
- Vegetation of the Peak District. Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url p. 169, p. 211.
- Water plants; a study of aquatic angiosperms. Cambridge, University Press, 1920. url , p. 100, p. 102, p. 108, p. 168, p. 299, p. 363, p. 379, p. 435, p. 91, p. 97.
- Watson, S. Botany /by Sereno Watson, aided by Daniel C. Eaton, and others. 5 1871 Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1871. url p. 215, p. 524, p.
- Wild flowers of New York, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1918. url p. 257, p. 257.
- Wild flowers; New York, Macmillan Co., 1934. url .
- Works on forestry [by] J.C. Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1883-87. url p. 187.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed February 4, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 11, 2007:
- GBIF-Spain, Departamento de Biolog. Veg. II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid: MAF
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plants, Field notes, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, The Deaver Herbarium, Northern Arizona University
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Dorset Environmental Records Centre - Bryophyte Survey of the Poole Basin Mires - NBN South West Pilot Project Case Studies
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2656541
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-34457
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:526923-1
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 34457
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 526922-1
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: UTMI
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 67457