herbs. Leaf trifoliolate
, rarely (not in the local species) digitately 5-9-foliolate, leaflets
; stipules adnate
. Inflorescence a sessile or pedunculate
or short raceme
or solitary. Bracts present or absent. Calyx variable, accrescent
, teeth equal or unequal. Corolla pink, red to purple, white or yellow, persistent
. Stamens diadelphous
, 9+1, vexillary stamens free
. Ovary with few ovules, style incurved
, stigma capitate. Fruit usually included
in calyx, often indehiscent, 1-2 (-12) -seeded.
A genus with about 300 species, distributed in temperate regions with centres of distribution in the Mediterranean region, Ethiopia, California and Chile; locally represented by 8 species, including 4 introduced species .
Flowers: Bloom Period: March, April, May, June. • Flower Color: yellow
Size: 6-12" tall.
Culture: Space 9-12" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 5.6 • Maximum pH: 7.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full sun .
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b, 11. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Rosanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Members of the genus Trifolium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 175 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
T. africanum (African Clover) · T. aintabense (Aintab Clover) · T. albopurpureum (Rancheria Clover) · T. alexandrinum (Alexandrinischer Klee) · T. alpestre (Purple Globe Clover) · T. alpinum (Alpen Klee) · T. amabile (Aztec Clover) · T. ambiguum (Caucasian Clover) · T. andersonii (Fiveleaf Clover) · T. andersonii beatleyae var. beatleyae (Anderson´s Clover) · T. andersonii monoense var. monoense (Anderson´s Clover) · T. andinum (Great Divide Clover) · T. angustifolium (Narrow Clover) · T. apertum (Open Clover) · T. arvense (Acker Klee) · T. attenuatum (Rocky Mountain Clover) · T. aureum (Gold Klee) · T. badium (Braun Klee) · T. barbigerum (Bearded Clover) · T. beckwithii (Beckwith's Clover) · T. bejariense (Bejar Clover) · T. berytheum (Beirut Clover) · T. bifidum (Notchleaf Clover) · T. bocconei (Twin-Flowered Clover) · T. boissieri (Boissier´s Clover) · T. bolanderi (Parasol Clover) · T. brandegeei (Brandegee's Clover) · T. breweri (Forest Clover) · T. buckwestiorum (Santa Cruz Clover) · T. calcaricum (Running Glade Clover) · T. campestre (Acker Klee) · T. canescens (Graying Clover) · T. carolinianum (Carolina Clover) · T. caucasicum (Caucasian Clover) · T. cernuum (Drooping-Flowered Clover) · T. cherleri (Cherlers Klee) · T. chilense (Chilean Clover) · T. ciliolatum (Foothill Clover) · T. clypeatum (Schildartiger Klee) · T. congestum (Crowded Clover) · T. cyathiferum (Cup Clover) · T. dalmaticum (Dalmatian Clover) · T. dasyphyllum (Alpine Clover) · T. depauperatum (Cowbag Clover) · T. depauperatum var. amplectens (Dwarf Sack Clover) · T. dichotomum (Branched Indian Clover) · T. diffusum (Diffuse Clover) · T. douglasii (Douglas' Clover) · T. dubium (Hop Clover) · T. echinatum (Hedgehog Clover) · T. eriocephalum (Woollyhead Clover) · T. eriosphaerum (Woolly Round-Head Clover) · T. fragiferum (Erdbeer Klee) · T. fragiferum bonannii (Erdbeer Klee) · T. fragiferum fragiferum (Strawberry Trefoil) · T. friscanum (Frisco Clover) · T. fucatum (Bull Clover) · T. glanduliferum (Glandular Clover) · T. globosum (Globe Clover) · T. glomeratum (Cluster Clover) · T. gracilentum (Pin-Point Clover) · T. grandiflorum (Zlatoshchitnik Krupnotzvetkovy) · T. gymnocarpon (Hollyleaf Clover) · T. gymnocarpon plummerae var. plummerae (Tufted Clover) · T. haussknechtii (Haussknecht´s Clover) · T. haydenii (Hayden's Clover) · T. hirtum (Rose Clover) · T. howellii (Canyon Clover) · T. hybridum (Alsike) · T. hybridum anatolicum (Alsike) · T. hybridum elegans (Schäner Schweden Klee) · T. hybridum hybridum (Alsike) · T. incarnatum (Crimson Clover) · T. incarnatum incarnatum (Crimson Clover) · T. jokerstii (Jim's Clover) · T. kingii (Dedecker's Clover) · T. kingii macilentum (Shasta Clover) · T. lappaceum (Bur Clover) · T. lappaceum adrianopolitanum (Bur Clover) · T. lappaceum lappaceum (Burdock Clover) · T. latifolium (Twin Clover) · T. leibergii (Leiberg's Clover) · T. lemmonii (Lemmon's Clover) · T. ligusticum (Ligurian Clover) · T. longipes atrorubens (Long-Stalk Clover) · T. longipes atrorubens var. atrorubens (Long-Stalk Clover) · T. longipes pedunculatum var. pedunculatum (Long-Stalk Clover) · T. longipes var. multipedunculatum (Long-Stalk Clover) · T. longipes var. shastense (Long-Stalk Clover) · T. lupinaster (Lupine Clover) · T. lupinaster lupinaster (Clover Spp.) · T. macraei (Chilean Clover) · T. macrocephalum (Bighead Clover) · T. medium (Zigzag Clover) · T. medium medium (Zigzag Clover) · T. melilotus-ornithopodioides (Birdsfoot Trefoil) · T. michelianum (Bigflower Clover) · T. michelianum var. balansae (Balansa Clover) · T. michelianum var. michelianum (Big-Flower Clover (Usa)) · T. micranthum (Lesser Suckling Clover)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 24.
- ... Flora of Glacier National Park, Montana, by Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921. url p. 369.
- A New Zealand naturalist's calendar and notes by the wayside. Dunedin: R.J. Stark, 1909. url p. 190.
- A botanical survey of the Sugar Grove region / by Robert F. Griggs. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 322.
- A catalogue of plants growing without cultivation in the County of Nantucket, Mass. Northampton, Mass., Gazette Printing Co., 1888. url p. 21.
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 227.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url .
- A compendium of the flora of the northern and middle states, containing generic and specific descriptions of all the plants, exclusive of the cryptogamia, hitherto found in the United States, north of the Potomac. New York, S. B. Collins, 1826. url p. 265.
- A complete guide to the English lakes, by Harriet Martineau, illustrated from drawings by T. L. Aspland and W. Banks. London, J. Garnett;186-?] url p. 267.
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 37.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 22.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 307.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url .
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 143.
- A guide to the wild flowers east of the Mississippi and north of Virginia / by Norman Taylor. New York: Greenberg, 1928. url p. 198.
- A manual of the flora of northern Idaho /Carl Epling and Joe Ewan. 2 1941 1941. url p. 393.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 602, p. 82, p. 83.
- A natural history of British moths. .. / by the Rev. F.O. Morris. London: H. E. Knox, 1871. url p. 41.
- A natural history of the British Lepidoptera: a text-book for students and collectors / by J.W. Tutt. London: S. Sonnenschein, 1899-1904. url p. 496.
- A natural history of the British butterflies; their world-wide variation and geographical distribution. A text-book for students and collectors. London: E. Stock, [19--?] url p. 496.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url , p. 28, p. 29, p. 30.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 109, p. 110, p. 121, p. 73.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 18, p. 24, p. 278, p. 45, p. 56, p. 57, p. 91.
- Agricultural botany, theoretical and practical. New York, H. Holt, 1910. url .
- An essay toward a natural history of La Salle County, Illinois, in two parts / J. W. Huett. Ottawa, Illinois: Fair-dealer print, 1898. url p. 63.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 523, p. 525.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 354, p. 354.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 344.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 140, p. 155, p. 156, p. 171, p. 171, p. 19, p. 95.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 478, p. 622.
- Annals of the Lyceum of Natural History of New York. New-York: 1824-1876. url p. 153.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 440.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 112.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 19 1908 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 162, p. 222.
- Annual report of the Nebraska State Horticultural Society. Lincoln, Neb.: The Society. url p. 207.
- Annual report of the Regents of the University on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History, with catalogues of the same. Albany, N.Y.: The University, 1848-1873. url p. 38, p. 44.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 171, p. 356.
- Annual report of the regents of the university of the state of New York on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History and the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 16, p. 192, p. 73.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 96.
- Annual reports and proceedings of the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. url p. 235.
- Australian grasses (with illustrations) by Fred. Turner. Vol. 1. Sydney, C. Potter, Government Printer, 1895. url .
- Blakeney Point, Norfolk: topography and vegetation / F. W. Oliver and E. J. Salisbury. London: F.T. Smith, 1913. url p. 32.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 215, p. 248.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 129, p. 91.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 31, p. 56.
- Botany for academies and colleges: consisting of plant development and structure from seaweed to clematis, Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott company, 1889. url .
- Botany of the United States north of Virginia; comprising descriptions of the flowering and fern-like plants hitherto found in those states, arranged according to the natural system. With a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnean system, a New York, Harper, 1868. url p. 76.
- Botany of the northern and middle states, or, A description of the plants found in the United States, north of Virginia arranged according to the natural system, with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnaean system--a sketch of the rudiments of botany, and a glossary of terms / by Lewis C. Beck. Albany: Webster and Skinners, 1833. url p. 79.
- British bee journal & bee-keepers adviser. London. url p. 219, p. 333, p. 476.
- British plant-galls; a classified text book of cecidology, London, Methuen & co. ltd. url .
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 7 1921 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 448, p. 843, p. 961.
- Browne, P. The civil and natural history of Jamaica: in three parts. In three dissertations. The whole illustrated with fifty copper-plates: in which the most curious productions are represented of the natural size, and delineated immediately from the objects /by Patrick Browne, M.D. 1756 London: Printed for the author, and sold by T. Osborne and J. Shipton in Gray's-Inn, 1756. url p. 299.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 112.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 74.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 259, p. 318, p. 401.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 188, p. 322.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. 1895-1897 Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 47, p. 55.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1920 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 184, p. 280.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 16 1889 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 287, p. 356, p. 52, p. 73.
- Bulletin: report of Agricultural Experiment Station, Agricultural and Mechanical College, Auburn, Ala. Auburn, Ala.: The Station, [1888-1903] url p. 281.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 188.
- Catalogue of plants which have been found growing without cultivation in the park and its outlying territories collected, mounted and catalogued for the plant herbarium in the superintendent's office at Niagara Falls, Ontario / by Roderick Cameron. Niagara Falls, Ont.?: s.n., 1896? url , .
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 249.
- Catalogue of the phaenogamous plants of Evanston and vicinity, for 1883 [by] C.S. Raddin. Evanston, R. Vandercook, Printer, 1883. url p. 6.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 55.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url p. 370.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url .
- Contributions from the Osborn Botanical Laboratory. [New Haven?]Osborn Botanical Laboratory, Yale University, url p. 376.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 183, p. 359, p. 362, p. 369, p. 529, p. 562.
- Contributions from the herbarium of the Geological Survey of Canada / by James M. Macoun. [Ottawa?: s.n.], 1894-1906. url p. 79.
- Contributions to Canadian biology and fisheries. Toronto [etc.] url p. 44.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 96.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 303, p. 334, p. 340.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United States and Canada, together with geo by L.H. Bailey assisted by Wilhelm Miller, PH. D., associate editor, and many expert cultivators and botanists. Illustrated with nearly three thousand engravings and one hundred and forty-five full-pa New York, Doubleday, Page & Company, 1906. url p. 1851.
- Dairy farming: being the theory, practice, and methods of dairying / by J.P. Sheldon London; Cassell, Petter, Galpin & Co., [188-] url p. 157.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 162, p. 67.
- Don, G. A general history of the dichlamydeous plants: comprising complete descriptions of the different orders...the whole arranged according to the natural system /by George Don. 2 1832 London: J.G. and F. Rivington, 1831-1838. url p. 192.
- English botany, or, coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: G. Bell, 1873. url p. 60.
- English cyclopaedia, a new dictionary of universal knowledge, conducted by Charles Knight. London, Bradbury, 1854-61. url .
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 178.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 18.
- Facts relating to the history of Groton, Massachusetts, by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 9.
- Familiar wild flowers figured and described by F. Edward Hulme. .. 1st- ser.. .. London, Cassell and company, limited, [1878- url , .
- Farmer's cyclopedia: a compilation of such bulletins and reports as are indispensable to the practical farmer. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 145.
- Ferns and flowering plants of South Dakota. Sioux Falls, S.D.: W.A. Beach, 1899 url p. 159.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url p. 586.
- Field book of american wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews... with numerous reproductions of water colors and pen-and-ink studies from nature by the author. New York, G.P. Putnam, 1902. url p. 214.
- Field, forest, and garden botany, a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States, east of the Mississippi, both wild and cultivated. By Asa Gray. New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor & co., [c1868] url p. 101.
- Flora Americae Septentrionalis: or, A systematic arrangement and description of the plants of North America. Containing, besides what have been described by preceding authors, many new and rare species, collected during twelve years by Frederick Pursh. .. London: Printed for James Black and son, 1816. url p. 477.
- Flora Indica, or, Descriptions of Indian plants / by the late William Roxburgh. Serampore: Printed for W. Thacker, 1832. url p. 282.
- Flora barbadensis: a catalogue of plants, indigenous, naturalized, and cultivated, in Barbados: to which is prefixed, a geological description of the island /by James Dottin Maycock. 1830 London: J. Ridgeway, 1830. url p. 301.
- Flora calpensis; contributions to the botany and topography of Gibraltar, and its neighbourhood. By E. F. Kelaart. London, J. van Voorst, 1846. url p. 97.
- Flora cestrica: an herborizing companion for the young botanists of Chester County...Pennsylvania. By William Darlington. Philadelphia, Lindsay & Blakiston, 1853. url p. 65.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 91.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 150.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 420, p. 451, p. 78.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 595, p. 596.
- Flora of Jamaica, containing descriptions of the flowering plants known from the island, by William Fawcett and Alfred Barton Rendle. London.Printed by order of the Trustees of the British Museum, 1910- url p. 28, p. 28.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 140.
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url .
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 184.
- Flora of Vermont; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Ezra Brainerd, L.R. Jones and W.W. Eggleston, committee for the Vermont botanical club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Association, 1900. url p. 96.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 212.
- Flora of Winneshiek County. Des Moines: 1906. url .
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 183, p. 184.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 235.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 221.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 605, p. 605.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 362.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 398.
- Flora of tropical Africa. By Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. London, L. Reeve, 1868-1902. url p. 54, p. 57.
- Florigraphia Britannica; or, Engravings and descriptions of the flowering plants & ferns of Britain. London, R. Groombridge, 1841-48. url .
- Florula Bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 289.
- Florula bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 289.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp, by Caroline A. Creevey. Illustrated by Benjamin Lander. New York, Harper, 1897. url p. 256.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp; New York, Harper & Brothers, 1899. url .
- Forest conditions of Mississippi. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 144.
- Foundations of botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 125, p. 125.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish): collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, English, and scientific names / by John Cameron. Edinburgh: W. Blackwood, 1883. url p. 15.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url p. 214, p. 396.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Grasses and forage plants a practical treatise comprising their natural history, comparative nutritive value, methods of cultivating, cutting and curing, and the management of grass lands in the United States and British provi by Charles L. Flint. Boston: J.E. Tilton, 1867. url .
- Grasses and forage plants. A practical treatise. Comprising their natural history; comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British Pro Boston, J. E. Tilton, 1867. url .
- Grasses and forage plants: a practical treatise comprising their natural history; comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British prov Boston, Lee and Shepard, 1888. url p. 223.
- Gray's Botanical text-book New York, Ivison, 1879-1885. url p. 102.
- Gray's Botanical text-book. New York: American Book Company, c1879. url p. 102.
- Gray's school and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume / by Asa Gray New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor,  url p. 101.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 1159.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 296, p. 39.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalised in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London, L. Reeve & Co., ltd., 1918. url p. 114.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 22, p. 75, p. 91.
- Horses and stables / by F. Fitzwygram. London: Longmans, Green, 1886. url .
- Horses and stables. LondonLongmans1901 url p. 53.
- Hortus gramineus Woburnensis: or, an account of the results of experiments on the produce, and nutritive qualities of different grasses, and other plants, used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John Duke of Bedford /Illustrated with dried specimens of the plants upon which these experiments have been made, and practical observations on their natural habits, and the soils best adapted to their growth; pointing out the kinds most profitable for permanent pasture, irrigated meadows, dry or upland pasture, and the alternate husbandry; accompanied with the discriminating characters of the species, and varieties. By George Sinclair. 1816 London: Printed by B. McMillan, 1816. url p. 110.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 196.
- How to keep bees for profit, New York, The Macmillan company, 1918. url p. 312.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 189.
- Illustrated natural history of British butterflies and moths; the figures drawn by George Willis and engraved by John Kirchner. London, Glaisher, pref. 1869. url p. 24.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- Improving California ranges / Berkeley, Calif.: College of Agriculture, University of California, 1945. url .
- Journal of bacteriology. Baltimore, [Williams & Wilkins] url p. 243, p. 246.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 25 1887 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 108, p. 14, p. 145, p. 18, p. 200, p. 231, p. 270, p. 28, p. 284, p. 301, p. 305, p. 314, p. 42, p. 43, p. 52.
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url p. 113, p. 113, p. 119, p. 119, p. 136, p. 136, p. 138.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. Botany. 5 1861 London: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, & Roberts: ||Williams and Norgate, 1857-1864. url p. 30.
- Larva collecting and breeding: a handbook to the larvae of the British Macro-Lepidoptera and their food plants: both in nature and in confinement, with authorities / by J. Seymour St. John. London: W. Wesley, 1890 url p. 12, p. 91.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 195.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 539, p. 540.
- Massachusetts agricultural journal. [Boston: Massachusetts Society for Promoting Agriculture, 1815-1832. url p. 367.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 280.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 398.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 4 1893 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 112, p. 181, p. 195, p. 44.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 192, p. 205.
- Miramichi wild flowers by R. Mackenzie. Montreal: J. Lovell, 1887. url .
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 120, p. 410.
- Nantucket wild flowers / by Alice O. Albertson; illustrated by Anne Hinchman. New York and London: G. P. Putnam's sons, 1921. url p. 156, p. 156, p. 159, p. 159, p. 441.
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 27.
- Nomenclature of plants; a text for the application by the case method of the International code of botanical nomenclature. New York, Ronald Press Co. url p. 68.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 356, p. 85.
- On the popular names of British plants, being an explanation of the origin and meaning of the names of our indigenous and most commonly cultivated species. By R. C. A. Prior. London: Williams and Norgate, 1870. url p. 117.
- Our farm crops. Being a popular scientific description of the cultivation, chemistry, diseases, remedies, &c., of the various crops cultivated in Great Britain and Ireland. London, Blackie and son url p. 133, p. 134, p. 92.
- Our garden flowers; a popular study of their native lands, their life histories, and their structural affiliations, New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1910. url .
- Pamphlets on silviculture. [1899- url p. 49.
- Pennsylvania farm journal Lancaster, Pa.: A.M. Spangler, 1851-1855. url p. 168.
- Physiology at the farm in aid of rearing and feeding the live stock. Edinburgh and London, W. Blackwood and sons. url p. 379.
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 440, p. 77.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 279, p. 33, p. 369.
- Pittonia: a series of papers relating to botany and botanists /by Edward L. Greene. 3 1896 - 18 Berkeley, Calif. [etc.]: Doxey & Co. [etc.], 1887-1905. url p. 206.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 562.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url .
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 182.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 169, p. 34.
- Plants of the Holy Land: with their fruits and flowers / by Henry S. Osborn. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott, 1861. url .
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 92.
- Popular field botany; containing a familiar and technical description of the plants most common to the various localities of the British Isles, adapted to the study of either the artificial or natural systems. London, Reeve, Benham & Reeve, 1849. url p. 246.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 150.
- Prehistoric Europe: a geological sketch / London: Edward Stanford, 1881. url p. 590.
- Price list of chemical and bacteriological apparatus, chemicals and reagents manufactured and sold by Baird [and] Tatlock (London) Ltd. London, Baird [and] Tatlock, 1914. url p. 1067.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 466.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 1012.
- Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, Mathematical and physical sciences. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society. url p. 92.
- Proceedings of the Essex Institute. Salem: Essex Institute Press. url p. 235.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 144, p. 191, p. 219.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 342, p. 422.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 180.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 111, p. 49, p. 50, p. 53, p. 559, p. 6, p. 87, p. 89.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 212.
- Pursh, F. T. Flora Americae Septentrionalis: or, A systematic arrangement and description of the plants of North america. Containing, besides what have been described by preceding authors, many new and rare species, collected during twelve years travels and residence in that country /by Frederick Pursh. .. London: Printed for White, Cochrance, and co., 1814. url p. 477, p. 477, p. 479, p. 479.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, Office of the Regents, 1871-1888 url p. 38, p. 44.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 173.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url p. 112.
- Report on the herbaceous flowering plants of Massachusetts, arranged according to the natural orders of Lindley, and illustrated chiefly by popular descriptions of their character, properties, and use Pub. agreeably to an order of the Legislature, by the commissioners on the zoological and botanical survey of the state. Cambridge, Folsom, Wells, and Thurston, Printers to the University, 1840. url p. 66.
- Reports on the herbaceous plants and on the quadrupeds of Massachusetts: published agreeably to an order of the Legislature by the Commissioners on the Zoological and Botanical Survey of the State. Cambridge: Folsom, Wells, and Thurston, 1840. url p. 66.
- Roosevelt wild life bulletin. .. of the Roosevelt Life Forest Experiment Station of the New York College of Forestry at Syracuse University. Syracuse, N.Y.: The University, c1922- url p. 270.
- Roxburgh, W. Flora indica, or, Descriptions of Indian plants /by the late William Roxburgh. 3 1832 Serampore: Printed for W. Thacker, 1832. url p. 282.
- Science and practice in farm cultivation. By James Buckman. London, R. Hardwicke, 1865. url p. 113, p. 119, p. 128.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 62.
- Science studies, v.1, no. 1-3. Bozeman, Mont.1905. url p. 82.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 287.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray / selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, 1889. url p. 226.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 605.
- Sources of the Ohio flora, by A.D. Selby and J.W.T. Duvel. Columbus, 1899 url p. 52.
- South Carolina. Resources and population. Institutions and industries. Pub. by the State Board of Agriculture of South Carolina. Charleston, S.C.Walker, Evans & Cogswell, printers, 1883. url p. 320, p. 320.
- Spicilegium florae Maroccanae / by John Ball. London: Printed by Taylor and Francis, 1878. url p. 421, p. 739.
- Structural botany, or Organography on the basis of morphology. To which is added the principles of taxonomy and phytography, and a glossary of botanical terms. By Asa Gray. Chicago, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and company,  url .
- Structural botany, or, Organography on the basis of morphology. To which is added the principles of taxonomy and phytography, and a glossary of botanical terms. By Asa Gray. New York: American Book Compnay,  url p. 102.
- Structural botany: or, organography on the basis of morphology: to which is added the principles of taxonomy and phytography, and a glossary of botanical terms / by Asa Gray. London: Macmillan and Co., [c1879] url p. 102.
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 14, p. 17.
- Studies of the vegetation of Missouri. .. / By Julian A. Steyermark. 9 1940 [Chicago, 1940- url p. 417, p. 419.
- Systematic lists illustrative of the Flora, Fauna, Palaeontology, and Archaeology of the North of Ireland / Belfast: Printed for the Club, 1870-1906. url p. 158.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants: together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the Americ by Alphonso Wood. New York: A. S. Barnes, 1877, c1870. url p. 91.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url .
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url p. 339.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia; embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, New York, A. O. Moore, 1858. url , p. 339.
- The American farmer. A complete agricultural library, with useful facts for the household, devoted to farming in all its departments and details, ed. by Charles L. Flint. Illustrated with over six hundred engravings. Hartford, Conn., R. H. Park, 1882. url p. 210.
- The American farmer; a complete agricultural library, with useful facts for the household, devoted to farming in all its departments and details. .. / ed. by Charles L. Flint. ..; illus. with over six hundred engravings. Hartford, Conn.: R.H. Park, 1882. url p. 210.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 317.
- The American journal of science. 21(2) 1856 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 298, p. 317.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 426.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 129, p. 129, p. 333, p. 399.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 106, p. 186, p. 228, p. 228, p. 37, p. 58, p. 97.
- The British rust fungi (Uredinales) their biology and classification, Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url .
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 118, p. 161, p. 458, p. 86, p. 87, p. 90, p. 93.
- The Canadian journal of science, literature and history. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1868-1878. url p. 355.
- The Canadian journal; a repertory of industry, science, and art; and a record of the proceedings of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Published by H. Scobie for the Council of the Canadian Institute. url p. 223.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal: Natural History Society, 1884-1916. url , p. 215.
- The Cottage gardeners' dictionary: describing the plants, fruits, and vegetables desirable for the garden, and explaining the terms and operations employed in their cultivation; with an alphabetical list of synonymes / edited by George W. Johnson. London: Henry G. Bohn, 1863. url p. 855.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 309, p. 310.
- The English flora. London: Longman, 1824 url p. 309, p. 310, p. 310.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 101.
- The Farmer's magazine. [London: Rogerson and Tuxford, 1834-1881. url p. 392.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 100, p. 200, p. 229, p. 497.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 574.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 136, p. 59, p. 609, p. 712, p. 766, p. 796, p. 81.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 168, p. 25, p. 305, p. 60.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 106, p. 531.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 41 1912-13 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 112, p. 462, p. 739.
- The Leguminosae of Illinois. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1953. url p. 25, p. 31.
- The London journal of botany: containing figures and descriptions of such plants as recommend themselves by their novelty, rarity, history, or uses: together with botanical notices and information and and occasional portraits and memoirs of eminent botanists. 3 1844 London: H. Baillie?re, 1842-1848. url p. 590.
- The Naturalist. 1895 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 133, p. 218, p. 31, p. 353, p. 51, p. 54, p. 94.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 298.
- The New Forest; its history and its scenery. By John R. Wise. With 63 illustrations, drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps. London: Gibbings & co., 1895. url p. 298.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 129, p. 446.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 264, p. 323, p. 327, p. 351, p. 421, p. 43, p. 552.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 115, p. 184, p. 279, p. 283, p. 697, p. 907.
- The Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science. Halifax, Nova Scotian Institute of Science. url p. 440.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 287.
- The Rothamsted experiments on the growth of wheat, barley, and the mixed herbage of grass land. London, H. Cox, 1888. url p. 221.
- The Scottish botanical review. Edinburgh: Neill & Co., 1912. url p. 158.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 178, p. 232, p. 250, p. 321, p. 364, p. 76.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 904, p. 928.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 159.
- The book of British butterflies. London, L.U. Gill, 1893. url p. 63.
- The book of British butterflies: a practical manual for collectors and naturalists / by W.J. Lucas; with illustrations by the author London: L. Upcott Gill, 1893 url p. 63.
- The cyclopædia; or, Universal dictionary of arts, sciences, and literature. London: Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme & Brown [etc.], 1819. url p. 652.
- The effects of cross and self fertilisation in the vegetable kingdom. LondonJ. Murray1916 url p. 387.
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url , p. 152.
- The farmer's and the planter's encyclopædia of rural affairs; Philadelphia, Lippincott, Grambo & co., 1851. url p. 339.
- The farmer's encyclopædia, and dictionary of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry. Adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers. .. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. Adapted to the United States by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. vi.
- The farmers' handbook [4th ed.] Issued by direction of the Minister of agriculture. .. Comp. by W.H. Brown. .. Sydney, J. Spence, 1922. url p. 580.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 187, p. 668.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 143.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 214, p. 46.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 214, p. 216.
- The flora of Jamaica; a description of the plants of that island, arranged according to the natural orders. With and appendix, containing an enumeration of the genera according to the Linnaean system, and an essay on the geographical destribution of the species. By James Macfadyen, M. D. Vo. I. Ranunculac London, Longman, Orme, Brown, Green, & Longman; [etc., etc.]1837. url p. 262, p. 262.
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of Oxfordshire and its contiguous counties: (comprising the flowering plants only;) arranged in easy and familiar language according to the Linnaean and natural systems; preceded by an introduction to botany / Oxford: H. Slatter, 1833. url p. 316, p. 316.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 103.
- The flora of the Nilgiri and Pulney Hill-tops / by P.F. Fyson; with 580 full page illustrations and 4 maps by Lady Bourne, Mrs. Fyson and others. Madras: Printed by the Supt., Govt. Press, 1915-1920. url p. 111.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 27.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 244.
- The flora of the upper Susquehanna and its tributaries. [Willard Nelson Clute]. Binghamton, N.Y.: W.N. Clute, 1901. url p. 11.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 278.
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 398.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 398.
- The gypsy moth. Porthetria dispar (Linn.). A report of the work of destroying the insect in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, together with an account of its history and habits both in Massachusetts and Europe. By Edward H. Forbush. .. and Charles H. Fernald. .. Published under the direction of the State Board of Agriculture by authority of the legislature. Boston, Wright & Potter Printing Co., 1896. url p. 319, p. 319.
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany. London: Hatchards, 1878. url p. 347.
- The little English flora, or, a botanical and popular account of all our common field flowers. London, Simpkin, Marshall & co., 1842. url p. 151.
- The living flora of West Virginia, Wheeling, Wheeling News Litho. Co., 1913 url .
- The native flora of the vicinity of Cold Spring Harbor, L.I., New York. n.p., 1925 url p. 172.
- The natural history and topography of Groton, Massachusetts / by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 9.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 169, p. 329, p. 367.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 446.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 60.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 17, p. 182, p. 183, p. 32.
- The potentialities of revegetating and utilizing agronomic species on strip mined areas in Illinois. Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois, Agricultural Experiment Station url p. 10, p. 17.
- The rural economy of Glocestershire; including its dairy: together with the dairy management of North Wiltshire; and the management of orchards and fruit liquor, in Herefordshire. by Mr. Marshall. Glocester, Printed by R. Raikes for G. Nicol, London, 1789. url p. 177, p. 73.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 3379.
- The student's flora of the British Islands / by J.D. Hooker. London: Macmillan, 1884. url p. 101.
- The study of plants; an introduction to botany and plant ecology. OxfordClarendon Press1915 url p. 378.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 184, p. 231.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 451, p. 718, p. 787.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 184, p. 787.
- Through glade and mead; a contribution to local natural history, Worcester, Mass., Putnam, Davis and Company, [c1894] url .
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 133, p. 156, p. 170, p. 238, p. 244, p. 283, p. 47, p. 80.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 135, p. 288, p. 288, p. 289.
- Transactions of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Canadian Institute. url p. 485.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 89.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 173, p. 180.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 103, p. 146, p. 151, p. 171, p. 23, p. 67, p. 86.
- Transactions of the Maryland Academy of Sciences. Baltimore: The Academy, 1901- url p. 87.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, The Society. url , p. 222, p. 420.
- Transactions of the New-York State Agricultural Society. .. Albany: The Society, 1842-1889. url p. 256.
- Tutira: the story of a New Zealand sheep station / by H. Guthrie-Smith. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1921. url p. 250.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 52.
- Voyages and travels in the Levant in the years 1749, 50, 51, 52: containing observations in natural history, physick, agriculture and commerce: particularly on the Holy Land and the natural history of the Scriptures / written originally in the Swedish language by the late Frederick Hasselquist; published. .. by Charles Linnaeus. London: Printed for L. Davis and C. Reymers, 1766. url p. 108.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 238.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url .
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies / by Chester A. Reed. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1910. url p. 177.
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies. Worcester, Mass., Reed, 1910. url p. 177.
- Withering, W. A systematic arrangement of British plants: with an easy introduction to the study of botany. 3 1801 London: Printed for T. Cadell, jun [etc.], 1801. url p. 640, p. 641.
- Zoe:a biological journal. 2 1891 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 255.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 450.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed March 27, 2012.