Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Armenian:
Common Names in Azerbaijani:
Common Names in Belarusian:
Dzyatlina Baravaya, Kanyushyna Syarednyaya
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Zigzag Clover, Mammoth Clover, Zig-Zag Clover, Zigzag Clover (Usa)
Common Names in Estonian:
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Trèfle Flexueux, Trèfle Intermédiaire, Trefle Flexueux, Trefle Intermediaire
Common Names in German:
Mittel-Klee, Mittelklee, Mittlerer Klee, Zickzack-Klee, Zickzackklee
Common Names in Greek:
Trifilli To Diameso
Common Names in Italian:
Trifoglio Intermedio, Trifoglio Medio
Common Names in Kazakh:
Common Names in Komi:
Common Names in Latvian:
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Moldavian:
Common Names in Polish:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Russian:
Klever Sredni, Klever Srednii, Klever Srednyj, клевер средный
Common Names in Spanish:
Trébol Intermedio, Trébol Medio, Trébol Zigzag
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Ukrainian:
herbs. Leaf trifoliolate
, rarely (not in the local species) digitately 5-9-foliolate, leaflets
; stipules adnate
. Inflorescence a sessile or pedunculate
or short raceme
or solitary. Bracts present or absent. Calyx variable, accrescent
, teeth equal or unequal. Corolla pink, red to purple, white or yellow, persistent
. Stamens diadelphous
, 9+1, vexillary stamens free
. Ovary with few ovules, style incurved
, stigma capitate. Fruit usually included
in calyx, often indehiscent, 1-2 (-12) -seeded.
A genus with about 300 species, distributed in temperate regions with centres of distribution in the Mediterranean region, Ethiopia, California and Chile; locally represented by 8 species, including 4 introduced species .
Habit: Herb • Climbing: Not Climbing
Flowers: Bloom Period: April, May. • Flower Color: pink, red
Size: under 6" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 1,840 meters (0 to 6,037 feet).
Culture: Space 15-18" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full sun .
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Order: Fabales () - Bromhead, 1838
- Superorder: Rosanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Trifolium commutatum Ledeb. • Trifolium maritimum Huds. • Trifolium xatardii Dc.
Members of the genus Trifolium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 175 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
T. africanum (African Clover) · T. aintabense (Aintab Clover) · T. albopurpureum (Rancheria Clover) · T. alexandrinum (Alexandrinischer Klee) · T. alpestre (Purple Globe Clover) · T. alpinum (Alpen Klee) · T. amabile (Aztec Clover) · T. ambiguum (Caucasian Clover) · T. andersonii (Fiveleaf Clover) · T. andersonii beatleyae var. beatleyae (Anderson´s Clover) · T. andersonii monoense var. monoense (Anderson´s Clover) · T. andinum (Great Divide Clover) · T. angustifolium (Narrow Clover) · T. apertum (Open Clover) · T. arvense (Acker Klee) · T. attenuatum (Rocky Mountain Clover) · T. aureum (Gold Klee) · T. badium (Braun Klee) · T. barbigerum (Bearded Clover) · T. beckwithii (Beckwith's Clover) · T. bejariense (Bejar Clover) · T. berytheum (Beirut Clover) · T. bifidum (Notchleaf Clover) · T. bocconei (Twin-Flowered Clover) · T. boissieri (Boissier´s Clover) · T. bolanderi (Parasol Clover) · T. brandegeei (Brandegee's Clover) · T. breweri (Forest Clover) · T. buckwestiorum (Santa Cruz Clover) · T. calcaricum (Running Glade Clover) · T. campestre (Acker Klee) · T. canescens (Graying Clover) · T. carolinianum (Carolina Clover) · T. caucasicum (Caucasian Clover) · T. cernuum (Drooping-Flowered Clover) · T. cherleri (Cherlers Klee) · T. chilense (Chilean Clover) · T. ciliolatum (Foothill Clover) · T. clypeatum (Schildartiger Klee) · T. congestum (Crowded Clover) · T. cyathiferum (Cup Clover) · T. dalmaticum (Dalmatian Clover) · T. dasyphyllum (Alpine Clover) · T. depauperatum (Cowbag Clover) · T. depauperatum var. amplectens (Dwarf Sack Clover) · T. dichotomum (Branched Indian Clover) · T. diffusum (Diffuse Clover) · T. douglasii (Douglas' Clover) · T. dubium (Hop Clover) · T. echinatum (Hedgehog Clover) · T. eriocephalum (Woollyhead Clover) · T. eriosphaerum (Woolly Round-Head Clover) · T. fragiferum (Erdbeer Klee) · T. fragiferum bonannii (Erdbeer Klee) · T. fragiferum fragiferum (Strawberry Trefoil) · T. friscanum (Frisco Clover) · T. fucatum (Bull Clover) · T. glanduliferum (Glandular Clover) · T. globosum (Globe Clover) · T. glomeratum (Cluster Clover) · T. gracilentum (Pin-Point Clover) · T. grandiflorum (Zlatoshchitnik Krupnotzvetkovy) · T. gymnocarpon (Hollyleaf Clover) · T. gymnocarpon plummerae var. plummerae (Tufted Clover) · T. haussknechtii (Haussknecht´s Clover) · T. haydenii (Hayden's Clover) · T. hirtum (Rose Clover) · T. howellii (Canyon Clover) · T. hybridum (Alsike) · T. hybridum anatolicum (Alsike) · T. hybridum elegans (Schäner Schweden Klee) · T. hybridum hybridum (Alsike) · T. incarnatum (Crimson Clover) · T. incarnatum incarnatum (Crimson Clover) · T. jokerstii (Jim's Clover) · T. kingii (Dedecker's Clover) · T. kingii macilentum (Shasta Clover) · T. lappaceum (Bur Clover) · T. lappaceum adrianopolitanum (Bur Clover) · T. lappaceum lappaceum (Burdock Clover) · T. latifolium (Twin Clover) · T. leibergii (Leiberg's Clover) · T. lemmonii (Lemmon's Clover) · T. ligusticum (Ligurian Clover) · T. longipes atrorubens (Long-Stalk Clover) · T. longipes atrorubens var. atrorubens (Long-Stalk Clover) · T. longipes pedunculatum var. pedunculatum (Long-Stalk Clover) · T. longipes var. multipedunculatum (Long-Stalk Clover) · T. longipes var. shastense (Long-Stalk Clover) · T. lupinaster (Lupine Clover) · T. lupinaster lupinaster (Clover Spp.) · T. macraei (Chilean Clover) · T. macrocephalum (Bighead Clover) · T. medium (Zigzag Clover) · T. medium medium (Zigzag Clover) · T. melilotus-ornithopodioides (Birdsfoot Trefoil) · T. michelianum (Bigflower Clover) · T. michelianum var. balansae (Balansa Clover) · T. michelianum var. michelianum (Big-Flower Clover (Usa)) · T. micranthum (Lesser Suckling Clover)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Brief compend of American agriculture, by R.L. Allen. New York, C.M. Saxton, 1847. url p. 102.
- A botanical tour in the highlands of Perthshire by W.P. and A.T. London, W. Pamplin, 1857. url p. 76.
- A brief compend of American agriculture. New York, Saxton & Miles, 1846. url p. 102.
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 227.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url .
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 37.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 22.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 28, p. 55.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url .
- A general system of gardening and botany. Founded upon Miller's Gardener's dictionary, and arranged according to the natural system. By George Don. London, Printed for C. J. G. and F. Rivington, 1831-38. url p. 185.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 143, p. 381.
- A history of Longridge and district. PrestonPrinted by C.W. Whitehead1888 url p. 263.
- A key to the spring flora of Manhattan. Manhattan, Kans., Mercury Pub. House, 1894. url p. 22.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 600.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 4.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 72.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 81.
- Abstract of proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng.]: South London Entomological and Natural History Society, [1885-1896] url p. 122.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url , p. 100, p. 119, p. 121, p. 122, p. 136, p. 136, p. 139, p. 139, p. 142, p. 145, p. 146, p. 155, p. 156, p. 157, p. 159, p. 162, p. 164, p. 164, p. 165, p. 168, p. 169, p. 170, p. 171, p. 172, p. 173, p. 174, p. 187, p. 202, p. 209, p. 23, p. 232, p. 24, p. 252, p. 259, p. 260, p. 270, p. 297, p. 298, p. 299, p. 31, p. 334, p. 35, p. 357, p. 359, p. 367, p. 37, p. 38, p. 402, p. 406, p. 429, p. 44, p. 44, p. 46, p. 46, p. 47, p. 474, p. 513, p. 52, p. 528, p. 542, p. 545, p. 56, p. 589, p. 66, p. 67, p. 69, p. 76, p. 76, p. 76, p. 77, p. 78, p. 81, p. 9, p. 92, p. 92, p. 94.
- Agricultural bacteriology, by Joseph E. Greaves. .. illustrated with 48 engravings. PhiladelphiaLea & Febiger, 1922. url p. 295, p. 295.
- Agricultural botany, theoretical and practical. New York, H. Holt, 1910. url .
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 60.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property, and of the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of by J.C. Loudon. London: Longmans, Green, 1871. url p. 1353.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 353, p. 356, p. 356.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 344.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 212, p. 365, p. 394, p. 75, p. 87.
- Annals / Entomological Society of America. Baltimore [etc.] url p. 451.
- Annals of natural history. London, R. and J.E. Taylor, url p. 33, p. 33.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America. [College Park, Md., etc.]: Entomological Society of America. url p. 451.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 441.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 111.
- Annual report of the Board of Control of the State Agricultural Experiment Station at Amherst, Mass. [S.l.: s.n.], -1895 url p. 231, p. 235.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 100, p. 225.
- Annual report of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. .. Harrisburg, Pa.: The Dept., 1896- url p. 810.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 162, p. 171, p. 316, p. 442, p. 89.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 56.
- Annual reports and proceedings of the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. url p. 156, p. 28, p. 368, p. 387, p. 698.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 153.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url , , p. 363, p. 457, p. 55, p. 68, p. 90.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 84.
- Botany for academies and colleges: consisting of plant development and structure from seaweed to clematis, Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott company, 1889. url .
- Botany for secondary schools; a guide to the knowledge of the vegetation of the neighborhood, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 382.
- Botany of the United States north of Virginia; comprising descriptions of the flowering and fern-like plants hitherto found in those states, arranged according to the natural system. With a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnean system, a New York, Harper, 1868. url p. 75.
- Botany of the northern and middle states, or, A description of the plants found in the United States, north of Virginia: arranged according to the natural system: with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnaean system. .. / Albany: Printed by Webster and Skinners. .., 1833. url p. 79.
- Botany; an elementary text for schools, by L. H. Beiley. New York, Macmillan Co., 1909 [c1907] url p. 350.
- British flowering plants. By W. F. Kirby. With 120 coloured plates, showing the most important characters of each plant figured; and 119 illustrations in the text. London, Sidney Appleton, 1906. url , p. 191, p. 191, p. 202, p. 55.
- British grasses: an introduction to the study of the Gramineae of Great Britain and Ireland / 1867 London: Reeve & co., 1867 url p. 53.
- British plant-galls; a classified text book of cecidology, London, Methuen & co. ltd. url .
- British wild flowers: familiarly described in the four seasons for the use of beginners and amateurs / by Thomas Moore. London, Reeve, 1867. url p. 219.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 7 1912 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 255, p. 830, p. 960.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 150, p. 150.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. 1895-1897 Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 46, p. 58.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1918 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 277.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 63.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass.: Essex Institute. url p. 97.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 20 1893 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 122.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 33.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 15, p. 16, p. 16, p. 42, p. 58.
- Bulletin. Salem, Mass. url p. 97.
- Canadian journal of agricultural science. Ottawa [etc.] url p. 61.
- Cassell's dictionary of practical gardening; an illustrated encyclopædia of practical horticulture for all classes; ed. by Walter P. Wright. London, Cassell and company, limited, 1902. url p. 246.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 462, p. 673.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 462, p. 673.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 426.
- Cattle: their management, treatment and diseases. London, G. Routledge, 1853. url p. 173.
- Clover culture / by Henry Wallace. Des Moines, Ia.: Homestead, 1892. url p. 123.
- Clovers and how to grow them / New York: Orange Judd Company, 1906. url .
- Clovers and how to grow them, New York, Orange Judd company, 1912. url , .
- Clovers and how to grow them, by Thomas Shaw. New York: Orange Judd company, 1906. url p. 218.
- Common and scientific names of weeds in Canada = Noms populaires et scientifiques des plantes nuisibles du Canada / Ottawa: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada = Agriculture et agroalimentaire Canada, c2000. url p. 92.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 184.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 56.
- Contributions to the flora of Cincinnati / by Joseph F. James. Cincinnati: s.n., 1884 url p. 6.
- Crops. Edinburgh, A. Fullarton url p. 376.
- Cultures of Uredineae 1899-1921. n.p., n.d. url p. 193, p. 210.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 333.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 233.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 233.
- Dairy farming: being the theory, practice, and methods of dairying / by J.P. Sheldon London; Cassell, Petter, Galpin & Co., [188-] url p. 157.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup; Copenhagen, Gyldendalske Boghandel-Nordisk Forlag, 1913. url .
- Diseases of field and garden crops: chiefly such as are caused by fungi. London, MacMillan, 1884. url p. 7.
- Domesticated animals and plants: a brief treatise upon the origin and development of domesticated races, with special reference to the methods of improvement / Boston; Ginn and Company, [c1910] url .
- Edmonston's flora of Shetland: comprehending a list of the prevalent wild-flowers, horse-tails, club-mosses and ferns of the Shetland Isles. Edinburgh; Oliphant, Anderson & Ferrier, 1903. url p. 61.
- Elements of practical agriculture; comprehending the cultivation of plants, the husbandry of the domestic animals, and the economy of the farm. London: Longman, [etc., etc.], 1838. url p. 420.
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url p. 91.
- English cyclopaedia, a new dictionary of universal knowledge, conducted by Charles Knight. London, Bradbury, 1854-61. url , .
- English wild flowers: to be found by the wayside, fields, hedgerows, rivers, moorlands, meadows, mountains, and sea-shore / by J.T. Burgess. London: F. Warne, [18--?] url p. 172.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1202, p. 138, p. 235, p. 244, p. 426, p. 704, p. 725, p. 927, p. 966.
- Feeds and feeding, a hand-book for the student and stockman, by W. A. Henry. Madison, Wis., The author, 1898. url p. 641.
- Feeds and feeding, a handbook for the student and stockman; Madison, Wis., Pub. by the author, 1898. url p. 641.
- Feeds and feeding: a hand-book for the student and stockman / by W.A. Henry. .. Madison, Wis.: The author, 1912. url p. 186.
- Feeds and feeding; Madison, Wis., The Henry-Morrison company, 1915. url p. 232.
- Feeds and feeding; a hand-book for the student and stockman, Madison, Wis., The author, 1910. url .
- Feeds and feeding; a handbook for the student and stockman, early editions by W. A. Henry; rewritten by F. B. Morrison. Madison, Wis., The Henry-Morrison company, 1922. url p. 234.
- Field, forest and garden botany: a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated / by Asa Gray. New York: American Book, c1895. url p. 126.
- Field, forest, and garden botany; a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated, by Asa Gray. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company url p. 126.
- Flora Americae Septentrionalis: or, A systematic arrangement and description of the plants of North America. Containing, besides what have been described by preceding authors, many new and rare species, collected during twelve years by Frederick Pursh. .. London: Printed for James Black and son, 1816. url p. 478.
- Flora Scotica; or, A description of Scottish plants, arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods. London, Printed by R. and A. Taylor, for A. Constable, 1821. url p. 269.
- Flora hibernica, comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland, arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system, by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin, Simpkin, Marshall and co.; [etc., etc.]1836. url p. 78.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , , , , .
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 76.
- Flora of Middlesex: a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county: with sketches of its Physical Geography and climate and of the progress of Middlesex Botany during the last three centuries. London, R. Hardwicke1869. url p. 350, p. 388, p. 75, p. 79.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 184.
- Flora scotica, or, A description of Scottish plants arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods: in two parts / by William Jackson Hooker. .. Edinburgh: A. Constable, 1821. url p. 565.
- Flora vectensis: being a systematic description of the phænogamous or flowering plants and ferns indigenous to the Isle of Wight. London, W. Pamplin, 1856. url .
- Florula Bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 289.
- Florula bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 289.
- Fodder and pasture plants / by Geo. H. Clark and M. Oscar Malte; with colour illustrations by Norman Criddle. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, Canada: available at the Office of the Superintendent of Stationery, Government Printing Bureau, 1913. url p. 105.
- Fodder and pasture plants, Ottawa, Minister of Agriculture, 1913. url .
- Fodder and pasture plants, by Geo. H. Clark, B.S.A. and M. Oscar Malte, Ph.D. With water colour illustrations by Norman Criddle. Pub. in 1913. Reprinted by direction of the Honourable W.R. Motherwell, minister of agriculture, O Ottawa, F.A. Acland, Printer, 1923. url p. 105.
- Fodder and pasture plants, by George H. Clark and M. Oscar Malte. Ottawa, Minister of Agriculture, 1913. url p. 105.
- Forage crops for soiling, silage, hay and pasture by Edward B. Voorhees. New York, Macmillan, 1913. url p. 231.
- Forage crops other than grasses: how to cultivate, harvest and use them / by Thomas Shaw. New York: Orange Judd Co., 1912. url p. 78.
- Forage plants and their culture, by Charles V. Piper. New York: The Macmillan company, 1914. url p. 367.
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 423, p. 539.
- Forests and forestry of northern Russia and lands beyond / comp. by John Croumbie Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1884- url p. 184.
- Fungoid disease of agricultural plants / by Jakob Eriksson; translated. from the Swedish by Anna Molander. London: Baillière, Tindall and Cox, 1912. url p. 89.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Grasses and clovers: effect of ripeness on yield and composition / [Thomas F. Hunt]. Champaign, [Ill.]: University of Illinois Agricultural Experiment Station, 1889. url p. 151.
- Grasses and forage plants a practical treatise comprising their natural history, comparative nutritive value, methods of cultivating, cutting and curing, and the management of grass lands in the United States and British provi by Charles L. Flint. Boston: J.E. Tilton, 1867. url .
- Grasses and forage plants, a practical treatise, comprising their natural history, comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British Pro Boston, Phillips, 1859. url p. 189.
- Grasses and forage plants. A practical treatise. Comprising their natural history comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British Prov Boston, W. F. Gill, 1874. url .
- Grasses and forage plants: a practical treatise comprising their natural history; comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British prov Boston, Lee and Shepard, 1888. url p. 223.
- Grasses of North America / by W.J. Beal. New York: H. Holt, 1887-1896. url p. 344, p. 345.
- Grasses of North America chapters on the physiology, composition, selection, improving and cultivation of grasses, management of grass lands, also chapters on clovers, injurious insects and fungi / by W.J. Beal. New York: H. Holt, 1896, c1887. url p. 233, p. 345, p. 346.
- Grasses of North America for farmers and students. .. / by W.J. Beal. Lansing: W.J. Beal, 1887-1896. url p. 344, p. 345, p. 346.
- Grasses of North America. .. by W. J. Beal. New York: H. Holt and company, 1887-96. url p. 233, p. 344.
- Gray's School and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany" bound in one volume. New York: American Book Company, [between 1895 and 1900]. url p. 126.
- Gray's school and field book of botany. Consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume. New York, American book company, 1901?, c1887 url p. 126.
- Hampstead Hill: its structure, materials and sculpturing / by J. Logan Lobley; with The flora of Hampstead, by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F. A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Haring. London: Roper and Drowley, 1889. url p. 75.
- Hampstead Hill; its structure, materials, and sculpturing. With The flora of Hampstead by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F.A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Harting. LondonRoper and Drowley1889 url p. 75.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 1159.
- Handbook for Southport: medical and general, with copious notices of the natural history of the district / edited by Edward Day McNicoll. Southport [Eng.]: R. Johnson, 1883. url p. 83.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 109, p. 111.
- Handbook of the Torquay flora; comprising the flowering plants and ferns growing in and around Torquay, with their respective habitats. By Robert Stewart, M.R.C.S. London, E. Croydon, Royal Library;1860. url p. 32.
- Handbook to Bath; prepared on the occasion of the visit of the British Association, 1888. Bath, I. Pitman and Sons, 1888. url .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 122, p. 145, p. 211, p. 23, p. 230.
- Hortus Gramineus Woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses, &c. &c., used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals; instituted by John, Duke of B London, W. Ridgway, 1869. url , p. 446.
- Hortus gramineus Woburnensis: or, an account of the results of experiments on the produce, and nutritive qualities of different grasses, and other plants, used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John Duke of Bedford /Illustrated with dried specimens of the plants upon which these experiments have been made, and practical observations on their natural habits, and the soils best adapted to their growth; pointing out the kinds most profitable for permanent pasture, irrigated meadows, dry or upland pasture, and the alternate husbandry; accompanied with the discriminating characters of the species, and varieties. By George Sinclair. 1816 London: Printed by B. McMillan, 1816. url p. 108, p. 110, p. 112, p. 123, p. 125, p. 3, p. 5.
- Hortus gramineus woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses and other plants used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John, du By George Sinclair. London: J. Ridgway, 1826. url p. 131, p. 220, p. 222, p. 36.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 195.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 306.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- Index of British plants according to the London catalogue... London: G. Bell, 1889. url p. 91.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 10, p. 110, p. 126, p. 137, p. 14, p. 156, p. 16, p. 171, p. 18, p. 18, p. 181, p. 182, p. 183, p. 19, p. 191, p. 21, p. 213, p. 221, p. 246, p. 249, p. 27, p. 278, p. 294, p. 301, p. 308, p. 317, p. 321, p. 326, p. 338, p. 344, p. 348, p. 360, p. 367, p. 43, p. 44, p. 46, p. 69, p. 75, p. 76, p. 83, p. 88.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 1, p. 14, p. 166, p. 9.
- Journal of the Royal Agricultural Society of England. London:Royal Agricultural Society of England [etc.], 1840-2002. url p. 446, p. 447, p. 451, p. 526.
- Leaf-mining insects / by James G. Needham, Stuart W. Frost, Beatrice H. Tothill. Baltimore: The Williams & Wilkins company, [c1928] url p. 321.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 505, p. 529.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 195.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1851. url .
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by the late Charles Cardale Babington. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1904. url p. 91.
- Manual of the Flora of Jackson County, Missouri, By Kenneth K. MacKenzie, assisted by B. F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., s.n., 1902 url p. 113.
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1070.
- Manual of the flora of Jackson County, Missouri, by Kenneth K. Mackenzie, assisted by B. F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., 1902. url .
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 539.
- Massachusetts agricultural journal. [Boston: Massachusetts Society for Promoting Agriculture, 1815-1832. url p. 368.
- Memoir / Ithaca, N.Y. url p. 294.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 9 1900 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 181, p. 195.
- Memorials, journal and botanical correspondence of Charles Cardale Babington. Cambridge, [Eng.]: Macmillan and Bowes, 1897. url p. 83.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 39.
- Modern practical farriery: a complete system of the veterinary art as at present practised at the Royal Veterinary College, London / by W.J. Miles. Including practical treatises on Cattle, their management in dairy field, and stall, by John Walker; Pasture grasses and forage plants, by Samuel P. Preston; The practice of sheep farmi London: Gresham Pub. Co., [1875?] url p. 463.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 111.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 575.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 4 1907 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 179, p. 205, p. 232, p. 291, p. 292, p. 295, p. 308, p. 341, p. 342, p. 360, p. 363, p. 381, p. 397, p. 424, p. 442, p. 454, p. 466, p. 467, p. 468, p. 474, p. 475, p. 68, p. 90.
- On buds and stipules, by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. .. With 4 coloured plates and 340 figures in the text. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner & Co., ltd., 1899. url p. 174.
- On buds and stipules. LondonK. Paul, Trench, Trübner1899 url p. 174.
- Our farm crops. Being a popular scientific description of the cultivation, chemistry, diseases, remedies, &c., of the various crops cultivated in Great Britain and Ireland. London, Blackie and son url p. 133, p. 134, p. 90.
- Outlines of botany for the high school laboratory and classroom (based on Gray's Lessons in botany) by Robert Greenleaf Leavitt. .. prepared at the request of the Botanical Department of Harvard University. New York, American Book Co. url p. 128.
- Pasture grasses and forage plants, and their seeds, weeds, and parasites. London, T. C. Jack, 1887. url .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1911. url , .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, by Martin J. Sutton. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co., limited, 1911. url p. 80.
- Permanent and temporary pastures, with descriptions and coloured illustrations of leading natural grasses and clovers, by Martin J. Sutton. London, Hamilton, Adams, 1887. url , p. 68, p. 70, p. 72.
- Pollen / by M. Pakenham Edgeworth. London: Hardwicke & Bogue, 1877. url p. 54, p. 54, p. 85, p. 85.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 295.
- Popular science news, formerly Boston journal of chemistry. A popular illustrated monthly devoted to the progress in zoology, botany, mineralogy, archaeology, hygiene, invention, with related physical sciences and general v. 1-36; July 1866-Dec. 1902. Boston, J.R. Nichols & co. [etc.]1866-; New York, W. O. Allison [etc., 1894]-1902. url p. 86.
- Practical notes on grasses & grass growing in East Anglia. London, Jarrold, 1897. url , , , , .
- Principles of soil microbiology, by Selman A. Waksman. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1927. url p. 136.
- Proceedings - Cambridge Philosophical Society. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society [etc.] url p. 223.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 72.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 111, p. 180, p. 180, p. 33, p. 33.
- Proceedings of the Essex Institute. Salem: Essex Institute Press. url p. 390.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 145, p. 145, p. 181, p. 309, p. 325, p. 473, p. 473, p. 58.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 337, p. 342.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 10, p. 213, p. 221, p. 30, p. 4, p. 445, p. 451, p. 568, p. 6, p. 89.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url , p. 127, p. 17.
- Productive feeding of farm animals, by F. W. Woll; 105 illustrations in the text. London, J. B. Lippincott Company[c1921] url p. 119.
- Pursh, F. T. Flora Americae Septentrionalis: or, A systematic arrangement and description of the plants of North america. Containing, besides what have been described by preceding authors, many new and rare species, collected during twelve years travels and residence in that country /by Frederick Pursh. .. 2 1814 London: Printed for White, Cochrance, and co., 1814. url p. 478.
- Records of seed distribution and cooperative experiments with grasses and forage plants. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1902. url p. 16.
- Report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1863-1889. url p. 305.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 173.
- Report of the State Entomologist on injurious and other insects of the state of New York. Albany: Weed, Parsons and Co.; University of the State of New York, 1882- url p. 111.
- Reports of the Director. .. / Experimental Farms. Ottawa: Experimental Farms, 1888-1916. url p. 200.
- Review of applied mycology. Kew, SurreyCommonwealth Mycological Institute url p. 422.
- Science and practice in farm cultivation. By James Buckman. London, R. Hardwicke, 1865. url , p. 113, p. 116, p. 117, p. 122, p. 123, p. 75, p. 96.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 138.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 16.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 91.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 536, p. 612, p. 616, p. 635.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 337, p. 338, p. 380.
- Select plants (exclusive of timber trees) readily eligible for Victorian industrial culture with indications of their native countries and some of their uses; an enumeration / offered by Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: s.n., 1872 url p. 154.
- Settler's guide and farmer's handbook. .. Issued by direction of the Bureau of agriculture. Ed. by L. Lindley-Cowen. .. pt. 1. Perth, E.S. Wigg, 1897- url p. 479.
- Soiling crops and the silo; how to cultivate and harvest the crops; how to build and fill the silo; and how to use silage. New York, Orange Judd company, 1900. url , p. 69, p. 69.
- Sport in Norway, and where to find it. Together with a short account of the vegetable productions of the country. To which is added, a list of the Alpine flora of the Dovre fjeld and of the Norwegian ferns, &c. By M. R. Barnard. .. London, Chapman and Hall, 1864. url p. 284, p. 284.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 279, p. 93.
- Systematic lists illustrative of the Flora, Fauna, Palaeontology, and Archaeology of the North of Ireland / Belfast: Printed for the Club, 1870-1906. url p. 158.
- Technical series. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1895-1915. url p. 19.
- The American botanist and florist, including lessons in the structure, life growth of plants, together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the American uni New York, Barnes[n.d.] url p. 91.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants: together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the Americ by Alphonso Wood. New York: A. S. Barnes, 1877, c1870. url p. 91.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url .
- The American farmer. A complete agricultural library, with useful facts for the household, devoted to farming in all its departments and details, ed. by Charles L. Flint. Illustrated with over six hundred engravings. Hartford, Conn., R. H. Park, 1882. url p. 210.
- The American farmer; a complete agricultural library, with useful facts for the household, devoted to farming in all its departments and details. .. / ed. by Charles L. Flint. ..; illus. with over six hundred engravings. Hartford, Conn.: R.H. Park, 1882. url p. 210.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 99.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 101, p. 106, p. 129, p. 129, p. 169, p. 228, p. 228, p. 37, p. 58, p. 58, p. 83.
- The British cyclopædia of natural history: combining a scientific classification of animals, plants, and minerals. .. By authors eminent in their particular department. Arranged and ed. by Charles F. Partington. London: Orr & Smith, 1835-37. url p. 66.
- The British flora: comprising the phaenogamous, or flowering plants and the ferns / by Sir William Jackson Hooker. London: Longman, Orme, Brown, Green & Longmans, 1838- url p. 275.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 445.
- The British rust fungi (Uredinales) their biology and classification, Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url .
- The Coleoptera of the British islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. / by the Rev. W. W. Fowler. London: L. Reeve & co., 1887-1913. url p. 253.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 302, p. 303.
- The Entomologist's annual. London: John Van Voorst, 1855-1874. url p. 20.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 265, p. 267.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 77.
- The Farmer's magazine. London, Rogerson and Tuxford [etc.]. url p. 361, p. 362, p. 392, p. 424.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 135.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 61.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1848 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 133, p. 138, p. 140, p. 567, p. 582.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 16, p. 349, p. 617, p. 827, p. 91.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 150.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 108, p. 11, p. 113, p. 125, p. 127, p. 167, p. 168, p. 25, p. 266, p. 305, p. 89, p. 91, p. 96.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 15, p. 159, p. 159, p. 48.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 22 1887 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 115, p. 279, p. 568.
- The Lepidoptera of the British Islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, their preparatory states, habits, and localities / by Charles G. Barrett. London: L. Reeve, 1893-1907. url p. 23.
- The Naturalist. 1895 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 133, p. 139, p. 21, p. 217, p. 229, p. 25, p. 31, p. 54.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 328.
- The New Forest; its history and its scenery. By John R. Wise. With 63 illustrations, drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps. London: Gibbings & co., 1895. url p. 328.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 447.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 122, p. 193, p. 234, p. 256, p. 256, p. 272, p. 306, p. 327, p. 345, p. 352, p. 359, p. 378, p. 384, p. 394, p. 43.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 278, p. 283, p. 343, p. 429, p. 772, p. 773, p. 874.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 136.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 120, p. 25, p. 250, p. 274, p. 284, p. 76, p. 81, p. 89.
- The Tasmanian flora. Hobart, Tasmania, J. Vail, Govt. Printer, 1903. url .
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 159, p. 67.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 51.
- The Victoria history of the county of Northampton, ed. by W. Ryland D. Adkins [and others] London: [Constable], 1902- url p. 60, p. 64, p. 71, p. 73.
- The Wiltshire archaeological and natural history magazine / [Wiltshire Archaeological and Natural History Society]. [Devizes, Eng.: The Society], 1854- url p. 116.
- The agricultural grasses and forage plants of the United States; and such foreign kinds as have been introduced. By Dr. Geo. Vasey; with an appendix on the chemical composition of grasses, by Clifford Richardson. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1889. url p. 113, p. 80, p. 80.
- The botany of crop plants: a text and reference book. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son, [c1917] url , .
- The botany of crop plants; a text and reference book, by Wilfred W. Robbins. .. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1917] url , p. 433, p. 441.
- The code of agriculture; including observations on gardens, orchards, woods and plantations; with an account of all recent improvements in the management of arable and grass land. By John Sinclair. London, Sherwood, Gilbert & Piper, 1832. url p. 95.
- The coleoptera of the British Islands, a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. London, Reeve, 1887-91. url p. 251, p. 253.
- The complete grazier and farmers' and cattlebreeders' assistant. .. originally written by William Youatt. .. considerably enlarged and mainly rewritten in 1893 and 1900 by William Fream. .. London, C. Lockwood and son, 1908. url p. 936.
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 304, p. 338.
- The cyclopædia; or, Universal dictionary of arts, sciences, and literature. London: Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme & Brown [etc.], 1819. url p. 652.
- The farmer's and planter's encyclopaedia of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, suited to the comprehension of unscientific readers. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. With extensive additions adapting the work to the United States. .. By Gouverneur Emerson. .. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1868. url p. vi.
- The farmer's and the planter's encyclopædia of rural affairs; Philadelphia, Lippincott, Grambo & co., 1851. url .
- The farmer's companion, or, Essays on the principles and practice of American husbandry: with the address prepared to be delivered before the agricultural and horticultural societies of New-Haven County, Connecticut: and an appendix / by Jesse Buel. New York: Harper & bros., 1854. url p. 214.
- The farmer's companion; or, Essays on the principles and practice of American husbandry. Boston, Marsh, Capen, Lyon, and Webb, 1839. url p. 214.
- The farmer's encyclopædia, and dictionary of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry. Adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers. .. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. Adapted to the United States by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. vi.
- The farmer's guide to scientific and practical agriculture. Detailing the labors of the farmer, in all their variety, and adapting them to the seasons of the year as they successively occur. By Henry Stephens, assisted by John P. Norton. New York, L. Scott, 1850-1851. url p. 619.
- The farmer's library, animal economy. London: Charles Knight, [1847-1848]. url p. 116.
- The feeding of animals, by Whitman Howard Jordan. New York, The Macmillan company, 1917. url p. 461, p. 461.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 187, p. 668.
- The field botanist's companion: comprising a familiar account, in the four seasons, of the most common of the wild flowering plants of the British Isles / by Thomas Moore. London: L. Reeve, 1862. url p. 219.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 138, p. 146, p. 29, p. 58, p. 80.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 211, p. 45.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 211, p. 45.
- The flora of Harrow: by J. Cosmo Melvill. Harrow, Green and Co.;1876. url p. 26.
- The flora of Oxfordshire and its contiguous counties: (comprising the flowering plants only;) arranged in easy and familiar language according to the Linnaean and natural systems; preceded by an introduction to botany / Oxford: H. Slatter, 1833. url p. 213, p. 213.
- The flora of Oxfordshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with sketches of the progress of Oxfordshire botany during the last three centuries, and London, Parker and Co., 1886. url , , .
- The flora of Suffolk a topographical enumeration of the plants of the county, showing the results of former observations and of the most recent researches / by W.M. Hind; assisted by Churchill Babington; with an introductory chapter of the geology, climate and meteorology of Suffolk by Wheelton Hind. London: Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url p. 111.
- The flora of the Alps being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. London: J.C. Nimmo, 1896. url p. 74.
- The flora of the Alps: being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. New York: Truslove & Comba, 1898. url p. 74.
- The flora of the Alps; being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees, by Alfred W. Bennett. .. London, Nimmo, 1900. url p. 74.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 27, p. 307, p. 31.
- The forage and fiber crops in America, by Thomas F. Hunt. New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1907. url p. 159.
- The fruit bark beetle / [S.A. Forbes]. Experiments with grass seeds, and with grasses and clovers / [G.E. Morrow, T.F. Hunt]. Use of fungicides on the apple, the potato, and the grape / [T.J. Burrill, G.W. McCluer]. Champaign [Ill.]: University of Illinois Agricultural Experiment Station, 1891. url p. 484.
- The grasses of Iowa / L. H. Pammel, J. B. Weems, and F. Lamson-Schribner. Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1901-1904  i.e. 1905] url p. 298.
- The illustrated dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists. Ed. by George Nicholson. Assisted by Professor J. W. H. Trail and J. Garrett. London: L. U. Gill, -89. url p. 390.
- The natural history of British meadow and pasture grasses, with an account of their economy and agricultural indication. London, Hamilton, Adams, 1858. url .
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , .
- The naturalist in Norway: or, Notes on the wild animals, birds, fishes, and plants of that country. .. / by Rev. J. Bowden. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1869. url p. 238.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 272.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 180.
- The principles of agriculture, a text-book for schools and rural societies. New York, 1914. url p. 193.
- The principles of agriculture; a text-book for schools and rural societies, ed. by L.H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1913. url p. 193.
- The students' flora of New Zealand and the outlying islands. Wellington, N. Z., John Mackay, govt. printer url .
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 136, p. 168, p. 183, p. 231, p. 48.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , .
- The wild alfalfas and clovers of Siberia, with a perspective view of the alfalfas of the world. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1909. url p. 22, p. 31, p. 5.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torrey, J. & A. Gray A flora of North America: containing abridged descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing north of Mexico, arranged according to the natural system /by John Torrey and Asa Gray. New York: Wiley & Putnam, 1838-. url p. 314.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 166, p. 174, p. 29, p. 342.
- Transactions of the American Institute of the City of New-York. [S.l.: s.n.], 1852- url p. 238.
- Transactions of the Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland. Edinburgh: [The Society], 1845- url p. 262.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 5 1901 London. url p. 495.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 214.
- University of California publications in agricultural sciences. Berkeley, University of California Press. url p. 370, p. 372.
- Vegetation of the Peak District / C. E. Moss. Cambridge: University Press, 1913. url p. 113.
- Vegetation of the Peak District. Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url p. 113, p. 141, p. 263.
- Withering, W. A systematic arrangement of British plants: with an easy introduction to the study of botany. 3 1801 London: Printed for T. Cadell, jun [etc.], 1801. url p. 636, p. 637.
- Works on forestry [by] J.C. Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1883-87. url p. 184.
- Yearbook of agriculture. WashingtonU.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 566, p. 612.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 19, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 50 providers.
- ILDIS World Database of Legumes. Release date: May 1, 2007
- ILDIS World Database of LegumesNov 10, 2005.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (May 01, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 19, 2007:
- International Plant Genetic Resources Institute(IPGRI), The System-wide Information Network for Genetic Resources
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Flora of the Stołowe Mts.
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Steiermärkisches Landesmuseum Joanneum - Herbarium GJO, Herbarium GJO
- SysTax, Herbarium Universitat Ulm
- SysTax, Justus-Liebig-Universitat Giessen
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum, Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Scottish Borders Biological Records Centre - SWT Scottish Borders Local Wildlife Site Survey data 1996-2000 - species information
- University of Turku provider, Rosaceae and Fabaceae of Kevo region, Northern Finland
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2650771
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-6307
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 5347612
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:167087-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 310362
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 26285
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: TRME
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 66794
- "Trifolium". in Flora of Pakistan Page 284. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 167.390 meters (549.180 feet), Standard Deviation = 238.020 based on 12,664 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]