- A non-native clover with a very distinctive fuzzy flower.
Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Armenian:
Common Names in Azerbaijani:
Common Names in Belarusian:
Agurnik, Kanyushyna Rallyavaya, Koshachki
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Acker Klee, Hairy Clover, Hare´s Foot Clover, Hare's Foot Clover, Hare's-Foot Clover, Hare-Foot Clover, Haresfoot Clover, Haresfoot Trefoil, Hasen Klee, Oldfield Clover, Pussy Clover (Aust), Rabbit´s Foot Clover, Rabbit's-Foot Clover, Rabbit-Foot Clover, Rabbitfoot Clover, Stone Clover
Common Names in Estonian:
Common Names in Finnish:
Jänön Apila, Jänönapila
Common Names in French:
Pied De Lièvre, Pied-De-Lievre, Trèfle Des Champs, Trefle Des Champs
Common Names in Georgian:
Common Names in German:
Acker Klee, Hasen Klee, Maeuse-Klee, Stein-Klee
Common Names in Greek:
Trifilli To Aruraio
Common Names in Italian:
Pie Di Leper, Trifoglio Arvense
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Latvian:
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Moldavian:
Papanash, Trifoi De-Kymp
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Polish:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Pé De Lebre
Common Names in Romanian:
Common Names in Russian:
Klever Kotiki, Klever Pashennyi, Kotiki
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Ukrainian:
Common Names in vietnamese:
C Ba Lá Chân Th
herbs. Leaf trifoliolate
, rarely (not in the local species) digitately 5-9-foliolate, leaflets
; stipules adnate
. Inflorescence a sessile or pedunculate
or short raceme
or solitary. Bracts present or absent. Calyx variable, accrescent
, teeth equal or unequal. Corolla pink, red to purple, white or yellow, persistent
. Stamens diadelphous
, 9+1, vexillary stamens free
. Ovary with few ovules, style incurved
, stigma capitate. Fruit usually included
in calyx, often indehiscent, 1-2 (-12) -seeded.
A genus with about 300 species, distributed in temperate regions with centres of distribution in the Mediterranean region, Ethiopia, California and Chile; locally represented by 8 species, including 4 introduced species .
Flowers: Bloom Period: April, May, June, July, August. • Flower Color: mauve , pale pink, rose
Size: 6-12" tall.
Culture: Space 6-9" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Moisture: Drought Tolerance: High
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 7b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Rosanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Trifolium agrestinum Boreau • Trifolium arenivagum Boreau • Trifolium arvense gracile (Thuill.)nyman • Trifolium brachyodon (Celak.)a. Kern. • Trifolium brittingeri Opiz • Trifolium capitulatum Pau • Trifolium eriocephalum Ledeb. • Trifolium gracile Thuill. • Trifolium longisetum Boiss. & Balansa
Members of the genus Trifolium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 175 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
T. africanum (African Clover) · T. aintabense (Aintab Clover) · T. albopurpureum (Rancheria Clover) · T. alexandrinum (Alexandrinischer Klee) · T. alpestre (Purple Globe Clover) · T. alpinum (Alpen Klee) · T. amabile (Aztec Clover) · T. ambiguum (Caucasian Clover) · T. andersonii (Fiveleaf Clover) · T. andersonii beatleyae var. beatleyae (Anderson´s Clover) · T. andersonii monoense var. monoense (Anderson´s Clover) · T. andinum (Great Divide Clover) · T. angustifolium (Narrow Clover) · T. apertum (Open Clover) · T. arvense (Acker Klee) · T. attenuatum (Rocky Mountain Clover) · T. aureum (Gold Klee) · T. badium (Braun Klee) · T. barbigerum (Bearded Clover) · T. beckwithii (Beckwith's Clover) · T. bejariense (Bejar Clover) · T. berytheum (Beirut Clover) · T. bifidum (Notchleaf Clover) · T. bocconei (Twin-Flowered Clover) · T. boissieri (Boissier´s Clover) · T. bolanderi (Parasol Clover) · T. brandegeei (Brandegee's Clover) · T. breweri (Forest Clover) · T. buckwestiorum (Santa Cruz Clover) · T. calcaricum (Running Glade Clover) · T. campestre (Acker Klee) · T. canescens (Graying Clover) · T. carolinianum (Carolina Clover) · T. caucasicum (Caucasian Clover) · T. cernuum (Drooping-Flowered Clover) · T. cherleri (Cherlers Klee) · T. chilense (Chilean Clover) · T. ciliolatum (Foothill Clover) · T. clypeatum (Schildartiger Klee) · T. congestum (Crowded Clover) · T. cyathiferum (Cup Clover) · T. dalmaticum (Dalmatian Clover) · T. dasyphyllum (Alpine Clover) · T. depauperatum (Cowbag Clover) · T. depauperatum var. amplectens (Dwarf Sack Clover) · T. dichotomum (Branched Indian Clover) · T. diffusum (Diffuse Clover) · T. douglasii (Douglas' Clover) · T. dubium (Hop Clover) · T. echinatum (Hedgehog Clover) · T. eriocephalum (Woollyhead Clover) · T. eriosphaerum (Woolly Round-Head Clover) · T. fragiferum (Erdbeer Klee) · T. fragiferum bonannii (Erdbeer Klee) · T. fragiferum fragiferum (Strawberry Trefoil) · T. friscanum (Frisco Clover) · T. fucatum (Bull Clover) · T. glanduliferum (Glandular Clover) · T. globosum (Globe Clover) · T. glomeratum (Cluster Clover) · T. gracilentum (Pin-Point Clover) · T. grandiflorum (Zlatoshchitnik Krupnotzvetkovy) · T. gymnocarpon (Hollyleaf Clover) · T. gymnocarpon plummerae var. plummerae (Tufted Clover) · T. haussknechtii (Haussknecht´s Clover) · T. haydenii (Hayden's Clover) · T. hirtum (Rose Clover) · T. howellii (Canyon Clover) · T. hybridum (Alsike) · T. hybridum anatolicum (Alsike) · T. hybridum elegans (Schäner Schweden Klee) · T. hybridum hybridum (Alsike) · T. incarnatum (Crimson Clover) · T. incarnatum incarnatum (Crimson Clover) · T. jokerstii (Jim's Clover) · T. kingii (Dedecker's Clover) · T. kingii macilentum (Shasta Clover) · T. lappaceum (Bur Clover) · T. lappaceum adrianopolitanum (Bur Clover) · T. lappaceum lappaceum (Burdock Clover) · T. latifolium (Twin Clover) · T. leibergii (Leiberg's Clover) · T. lemmonii (Lemmon's Clover) · T. ligusticum (Ligurian Clover) · T. longipes atrorubens (Long-Stalk Clover) · T. longipes atrorubens var. atrorubens (Long-Stalk Clover) · T. longipes pedunculatum var. pedunculatum (Long-Stalk Clover) · T. longipes var. multipedunculatum (Long-Stalk Clover) · T. longipes var. shastense (Long-Stalk Clover) · T. lupinaster (Lupine Clover) · T. lupinaster lupinaster (Clover Spp.) · T. macraei (Chilean Clover) · T. macrocephalum (Bighead Clover) · T. medium (Zigzag Clover) · T. medium medium (Zigzag Clover) · T. melilotus-ornithopodioides (Birdsfoot Trefoil) · T. michelianum (Bigflower Clover) · T. michelianum var. balansae (Balansa Clover) · T. michelianum var. michelianum (Big-Flower Clover (Usa)) · T. micranthum (Lesser Suckling Clover)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 24.
- A catalogue of plants cultivated in the garden of John Gerard, in the years 1596-1599 /edited with notes, references to Gerard's Herball, the addition of modern names, and a life of the author, by Benjamin Daydon Jackson. 1876 London: Privately printed, 1876 url p. 39, p. 64.
- A catalogue of plants growing without cultivation in the County of Nantucket, Mass. Northampton, Mass., Gazette Printing Co., 1888. url p. 21.
- A catalogue of plants, growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Troy. / By John Wright, M.D., and James Hall, A.M. Troy: N. Tuttle, printer--Sign of the Lever Printing Press, 1836. url p. 13.
- A catalogue of the plants found in New Bedford and its vicinity: arranged according to the season of their flowering / by E.W. Hervey. New Bedford, Mass.: Press of E. Anthony, 1860. url p. 14.
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 227.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url .
- A compendium of the flora of the northern and middle states, containing generic and specific descriptions of all the plants, exclusive of the cryptogamia, hitherto found in the United States, north of the Potomac. New York, S. B. Collins, 1826. url p. 265.
- A complete guide to the English lakes, by Harriet Martineau, illustrated from drawings by T. L. Aspland and W. Banks. London, J. Garnett;186-?] url p. 267.
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 37.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 22.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 28.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url , p. 69.
- A flora of the state of New-York: comprising full descriptions of all the indigenous and naturalized plants hitherto discovered in the state: with remarks on their economical and medicinal properties / by John Torrey. Albany: Carroll and Cook, printers to the Assembly, 1843. url p. 168.
- A general history of the dichlamydeous plants, comprising complete descriptions of the different orders; together with the characters of the genera and species, and an enumeration of the cultivated varieties. .. the scientific names accentuated, t By George Don. London, J.G. and F. Rivington [etc.]1831-38. url p. 179.
- A general system of gardening and botany. Founded upon Miller's Gardener's dictionary, and arranged according to the natural system. By George Don. London, Printed for C. J. G. and F. Rivington, 1831-38. url p. 179, p. 180.
- A guide to Belfast and the counties of Down & Antrim / prepared for the meeting of the British Association by the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. Belfast: M'Caw, Stevenson & Orr, ltd., 1902. url p. 115.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 143, p. 375.
- A guide to the wild flowers east of the Mississippi and north of Virginia / by Norman Taylor. New York: Greenberg, 1928. url p. 199.
- A hand-book to the flora of Ceylon: containing descriptions of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to the island, and notes on their history, distribution, and uses: with an atlas of plates illustrating some of the more inte by Henry Trimen. London: Dulau, 1893-1931. url p. 20, p. 450, p. 469, p. 472, p. 71.
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 230, p. 563.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url .
- A monograph of the British Uredineae and Ustilagineae, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. London, Paul, Trench & Co., 1889. url , .
- A monograph of the British Uredineæ and Ustilagineæ, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. By Charles B. Plowright. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1889. url p. 337.
- A narrative history of the town of Cohasset, Massachusetts. [Cohasset]Committee on Town History, 1898-1956. url p. 543.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 110, p. 600, p. 601, p. 83.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url , p. 20, p. 22, p. 253.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 113, p. 72.
- A new and accurate system of natural history. .. London, Printed for J. Newbery, 1763. url p. 408.
- A preliminary list of the vascular flora of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania / by John A. Shaffer. Pittsburgh?: Carnegie Institute Museum?, 1901? url p. 38.
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 43.
- A supplement to the Pharmacopia, and treatise on pharmacology in general: including not only the drugs and preparations used by practitioners of medicine, but also most of those employed in the chemical arts: together with a collection of the most useful medical formulæ. . by Samuel Frederic Gray. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1836. url p. 96.
- A tour round North Wales, performed during the summer of 1798; containing not only the description and local history of the ocuntry but also, a sketch of the history of the Welsh bards; and essay on the language; observations on the manners and customs; and the h illus. with views in aquatinta by Alken. London: E. Williams, 1800. url p. 417.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 117, p. 119, p. 126, p. 129, p. 139, p. 262, p. 264, p. 31, p. 37, p. 449, p. 474, p. 515, p. 52, p. 528, p. 530, p. 536, p. 539, p. 542, p. 56, p. 57, p. 577, p. 578, p. 579, p. 580, p. 75, p. 76, p. 79, p. 81, p. 83, p. 92, p. 97, p. 98.
- Agricultural botany an enumeration and description of useful plants and weeds, which merit the notice, or require the attention, of American agriculturists / New York: J.W. Moore; 1847. url p. 251.
- Agricultural botany: Philadelphia, J. W. Moore;1847. url p. 251, p. 36.
- Agriculture Charles C. James. Toronto: G.N. Morang, 1899. url .
- American bee journal. Hamilton, Ill., etc., Dadant & Sons url p. 276, p. 43.
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 60.
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Ross, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828. url p. 221.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property; and the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of ag By J. C. Loudon. London: Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1826. url p. 313.
- An encyclopædia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1827. url p. 221.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 529, p. 530.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 355, p. 355.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 363.
- An introduction to the study of botany, including a treatise on vegetable physiology, and descriptions of the most common plants in the middle and northern states. By J.L. Comstock. .. New York, Pratt, Woodford, Farmer & Brace, 1856 [c1854] url p. 403.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 118, p. 118, p. 154, p. 170, p. 197, p. 204, p. 204, p. 241, p. 241, p. 325, p. 365, p. 41, p. 41.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 38.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 440.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 112.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 544, p. 69.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 190, p. 225.
- Annual report of the Nebraska State Horticultural Society. Lincoln, Neb.: The Society. url p. 207.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 51.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Board of Agriculture. Columbus: Ohio State Board of Agriculture, 1857- url p. 387.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 152, p. 171, p. 440.
- Annual report of the regents of the university of the state of New York on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History and the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 26.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 56.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 323.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 29 - 41 1957 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 10, p. 10, p. 16, p. 36, p. 39, p. 77, p. 8.
- Bergen's botany, key and flora. Northern and central states ed. By Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 133.
- Blakeney Point, Norfolk: topography and vegetation / F. W. Oliver and E. J. Salisbury. London: F.T. Smith, 1913. url p. 31, p. 32.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 215, p. 248.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 107, p. 278, p. 366, p. 460, p. 461, p. 468, p. 66, p. 85, p. 88.
- Botany for secondary schools; a guide to the knowledge of the vegetation of the neighborhood, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 382.
- Botany of the United States north of Virginia; comprising descriptions of the flowering and fern-like plants hitherto found in those states, arranged according to the natural system. With a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnean system, a New York, Harper, 1868. url p. 75.
- Botany of the northern and middle states, or, A description of the plants found in the United States, north of Virginia: arranged according to the natural system: with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnaean system. .. / Albany: Printed by Webster and Skinners. .., 1833. url p. 79.
- British entomology; being illustrations and descriptions of the genera of insects found in Great Britain and Ireland: containing coloured figures from nature of the most rare and beautiful species, and in many instances By John Curtis. London, Printed for the author, 1823-40. url p. 24.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 283, p. 316, p. 316, p. 60.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url .
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 7 1921 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 449, p. 960.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 112.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 156.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 189.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 304.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. 1895-1897 Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 44, p. 55, p. 58.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1918 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 278.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 171.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass., Essex Institute. url p. 147.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 1904 31 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 156, p. 176, p. 233, p. 329, p. 425, p. 514, p. 630, p. 671.
- Bulletin. Salem, Mass. url p. 147, p. 25.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 113, p. 127.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , , .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 189.
- Catalogue of British Hymenoptera in the British Museum. Part 1, Andrenidae and Apidae. LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees1891 url p. 171.
- Catalogue of plants which have been found growing without cultivation in the park and its outlying territories collected, mounted and catalogued for the plant herbarium in the superintendent's office at Niagara Falls, Ontario / by Roderick Cameron. Niagara Falls, Ont.?: s.n., 1896? url .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 251.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 251.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 248.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 55.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url p. 450.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url .
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 184, p. 359, p. 361, p. 529, p. 582.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.Hodges, Smith, 1866. url p. 15, p. 72.
- Craigmillar and its environs; with notices of the topography, natural history, and antiquities of the district. By Tom Speedy. Selkirk, G. Lewis & son, 1892. url p. 146.
- Cryptogamic plants of the USSR. (Flora sporovykh rastenii SSSR) Translated from Russian. Jerusalem[Published for the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C. by the Israel Program for Scientific Translations, 19 - url p. 247.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 242, p. 298, p. 302, p. 409, p. 66.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture: comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers, and ornamental plants sold in the United States and Canada, together with ge by L.H. Bailey, assisted by Wilhelm Miller and many expert cultivators and botanists, illustrated with two thousand eight hundred original engravings. New York: Macmillan, 1906, c1900-02. url p. 1851.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 67.
- Descriptive notes on the topography and vegetation of some localities visited by the excursion in Denmark arranged for the members of l'Association internationale des botanistes, June 22nd-July 3rd, 1 Ed. by the Dansk botanisk forening. København, Dansk botanisk forenings forlag, 1913. url p. 22.
- Dictionary of biological equivalents, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins company, 1930. url p. 114.
- Diseases of cultivated plants and trees / by George Massee. New York: Macmillan, [1910?] url p. 297.
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url p. 109.
- English plant names from the tenth to the fifteenth century by John Earle. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1880. url p. 88.
- English wild flowers: to be found by the wayside, fields, hedgerows, rivers, moorlands, meadows, mountains, and sea-shore / by J.T. Burgess. London: F. Warne, [18--?] url p. 126.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 6.
- Facts relating to the history of Groton, Massachusetts, by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 9.
- Farm weeds of Canada / by George H. Clark and James Fletcher; with illustrations by Norman Criddle. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, 1923 url p. 107, p. 192.
- Farm weeds of Canada, by George H. Clark and James Fletcher. With illustrations by Norman Criddle. Published by direction of the Hon. Sydney A. Fisher, Minister of Agriculture, Ottawa, 1909. Ottawa: Govt. Print. Bureau,  url p. 107, p. 192.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url p. 586.
- Field, forest and garden botany: a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated / by Asa Gray. New York: American Book, c1895. url p. 126.
- Field, forest, and garden botany; a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated, by Asa Gray. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company url p. 126.
- Flora Peoriana; the vegetation in the climate of middle Illinois. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & Sons, 1887. url , p. 38.
- Flora Vectiana; being an arrangement of the more rare and interesting plants indigenous to the Isle of Wight. London, Printed by Richard Taylor, 1823. url p. 29.
- Flora cestrica: an herborizing companion for the young botanists of Chester County...Pennsylvania. Philadelphia, Lindsay & Blakiston, 1853. url p. 461.
- Flora hibernica, comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland, arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system, by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin, Simpkin, Marshall and co.; [etc., etc.]1836. url p. 78.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 12, p. 35, p. 57, p. 99.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , , , .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 150.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 359, p. 420, p. 77.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 131.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 595.
- Flora of Marlborough; with notices of birds and a sketch of the geological features of the neighborhood. .. London, J. Van Voorst, 1863. url p. 23.
- Flora of Middlesex: a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county: with sketches of its Physical Geography and climate and of the progress of Middlesex Botany during the last three centuries. London, R. Hardwicke1869. url p. 196, p. 422, p. 79.
- Flora of Middlesex; a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county; with sketches of its physical geography and climate, and of the progress of Middlesex botany during the last three centuries, by Henry Trimen and William T. Thiselton Dyer. With a map. London, Robert Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 196, p. 422.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 45.
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url .
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 183, p. 184.
- Flora of Plymouth: an account of the flowering plants and ferns found within twelve miles of the town; history of local botanical investigation. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 31, p. 87.
- Flora of Winneshiek County. Des Moines: 1906. url , .
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 147.
- Flora of the Blue Hills, Middlesex Fells, Stony Brook and Beaver Brook reservations, of the Metropolitan Park Commission, Massachusetts. Boston: C.M. Barrows, 1896. url p. 19.
- Flora of the Bristol coal-field. Edited (for the Bristol Naturalists' Society) by James Walter White. .. Bristol, J. Fawn & Son [etc.]1881- url .
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 184.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 235.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 221.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 1340, p. 605, p. 606, p. 606.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url .
- Flora of the southern United States: containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida: arr. according to the natural system. New YorkAmerican Book Co. url p. 98.
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 361.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 398.
- Flora of tropical Africa. By Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. London, L. Reeve, 1868-1902. url p. 53, p. 54.
- Flora vectensis: being a systematic description of the phænogamous or flowering plants and ferns indigenous to the Isle of Wight. London, W. Pamplin, 1856. url .
- Florula Mortolensis. An enumeration of the plants growing wild at La Mortola. Ventimiglia, Billi, 1905. url .
- Florula bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 288.
- Flowers and ferns in their haunts, by Mabel Osgood Wright with illustrations from photographs by the author and J. Horace McFarland. London, The Macmillan company, 1901. url p. 454.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp, by Caroline A. Creevey. Illustrated by Benjamin Lander. New York, Harper, 1897. url p. 240, p. 256.
- Flowers of the field. Rev. throughout and edited by Clarence Elliott. With an appendix including the Pipe-wort tribe (Eriocauleae) the Sedge tribe (Cyperaceae) and the Grass tribe (Gramineae) LondonG. Routledge[n.d.] url p. 68.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 15.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Gray's School and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany" bound in one volume. New York: American Book Company, [between 1895 and 1900]. url p. 126.
- Gray's school and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany": bound in one volume. New York: American Book Co., c1895. url p. 126.
- Guide to the autumn flowers of Minnesota, field and garden. [By] F. E. Clements, C. O. Rosendahl and F. K. Butters. Minneapolis, University of Minnesota, 1913. url p. 26.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 1155.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 23, p. 39.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 109, p. 110.
- Handbook of the Torquay flora; comprising the flowering plants and ferns growing in and around Torquay, with their respective habitats. By Robert Stewart, M.R.C.S. London, E. Croydon, Royal Library;1860. url p. 32.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and New Castle County, Delaware, with keys for identification comp. by Ida A. Keller and Stewardson Brown. Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url p. 197.
- Handbook to Bath; prepared on the occasion of the visit of the British Association, 1888. Bath, I. Pitman and Sons, 1888. url .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 150, p. 196, p. 251.
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 313.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 362.
- History of the Berwickshire Naturalists' Club, instituted September 22, 1831 [Vol. 1 of proceedings, corr. and reprinted] Alnwick, H.H. Blair, 1885. url p. 210.
- Horticultural register, and gardener's magazine. Boston, G. D. Barrett [etc.] url p. 259.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 195.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants, drawn by W.H. Fitch and W.G. Smith. London: Reeve, 1908. url p. 57.
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url .
- Introduction to botany. Boston, Ginn url p. 133.
- Introduction to the plant-life of the Oxford district. London, Milford, 1922-25. url p. 87, p. 97.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , p. 96.
- Journal and proceedings of the Hamilton Association. [Hamilton, Ont.]: Printed for the Hamilton Association by the Spector Printing Co., -1899. url p. 101.
- Journal of bacteriology. Baltimore, [Williams & Wilkins] url p. 243, p. 246.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 2 1864 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 109, p. 12, p. 123, p. 127, p. 14, p. 145, p. 153, p. 18, p. 18, p. 184, p. 186, p. 19, p. 200, p. 21, p. 212, p. 228, p. 257, p. 259, p. 27, p. 271, p. 276, p. 287, p. 305, p. 306, p. 310, p. 328, p. 362, p. 377, p. 497, p. 76, p. 79, p. 82.
- Journal of botany: being a second series of the Botanical miscellany. 1 1834 London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman; Edinburgh: A. & C. Black, 1834-1842. url p. 78.
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url p. 119, p. 119, p. 138, p. 94.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 1, p. 166, p. 2, p. 3, p. 4.
- Journal of the Royal Institution of Cornwall. Truro, Eng., Workers of Cornwall Ltd. url p. 179, p. 180, p. 181.
- Key and flora, northern and central states. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 133.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 340.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 340.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 340, p. 507.
- Landmarks of botanical history, a study of certain epochs in the development of the science of botany. Washington, Smithsonian Inst., 1909- url p. 203.
- Landmarks of botanical history; a study of certain epochs in the development of the science of botany. Part I.--Prior to 1562 A. D. Washington, Smithsonian institution, 1909. url .
- Lectures on the applications of chemistry and geology to agriculture / by Jas. F.W. Johnston. New York: C.M. Saxton, 1864. url p. 165.
- Leechdoms, wortcunning, and starcraft of early England: being a collection of documents, for the most part never before printed, illustrating the history of science in this country before the Norman conquest / London: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts, and Green, 1864-1866. url p. 164.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 302, p. 512, p. 529.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 195.
- Makers of British botany; a collection of biographies by living botanists, ed. by F. W. Oliver. Cambridge, University press, 1913. url p. 30.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1851. url .
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1070.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 539, p. 540.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 398.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 4 1893 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 112, p. 181, p. 195, p. 44.
- Microscopy for beginners, or, Common objects from the ponds and ditches, by Alfred C. Stokes. New York: Harper & brothers, 1887. url p. 290.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 203, p. 39.
- Morphology of the angiosperms. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1961. url p. 9.
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 409, p. 7.
- Nantucket wild flowers / by Alice O. Albertson; illustrated by Anne Hinchman. New York and London: G. P. Putnam's sons, 1921. url p. 153, p. 153, p. 441.
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 27.
- Natural areas inventory, Gates County, North Carolina / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development,  url p. 149.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 168, p. 168.
- Natural history of the district. .., together with a geological account of the rock strata, and the fossils contained in them, Part II [in The Teignmouth, Dawlish, and Torquay Guide., , , by N. T. Carrington] Teignmouth, E. Croydon, 1830. url .
- New England farmer, and horticultural register. Boston: Joseph Breck & Co., 1839-1844. url p. 27, p. 79.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 96.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 4 1907 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 135, p. 160, p. 221, p. 223, p. 241, p. 304, p. 324, p. 340, p. 381, p. 398, p. 427, p. 88, p. 93.
- Notes on the geology and botany of Digby Neck by L. W. Bailey. S.l.: s.n., 1895? url .
- Oecology of plants: an introduction to the study of plant-communities / by Eug. Warming; assisted by Martin Vahl; prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 66.
- Oecology of plants; an introduction to the study of plant-communities, by Eug. Warming, assisted by Martin Vahl. Prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 267, p. 66.
- Oliver, D. Flora of tropical Africa /by Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. 2 1871 London: L. Reeve and co., 1868-1999. url p. 53.
- On the fauna and flora of the west of Scotland. Meeting at Glasgow, September, 1876. Glasgow, Blackie, 1876 url .
- Pamphlets. MelbourneGovt. Printer, 1918-42. url p. 26.
- Permanent and temporary pastures, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1911. url .
- Pharmazeutische Waarenkunde, von Dr. Otto Berg. Berlin, R. Gaertner, 1863. url p. 261.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 127, p. 37, p. 46.
- Pittonia: a series of papers relating to botany and botanists /by Edward L. Greene. 1 1887-1889 Berkeley, Calif. [etc.]: Doxey & Co. [etc.], 1887-1905. url p. 4.
- Plant lore, legends, and lyrics. Embracing the myths, traditions, superstitions, and folk-lore of the plant kingdom. By Richard Folkard, jun. London, S. Low, Marston, Searle, and Rivington, 1884. url p. 151.
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 182, p. 182.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 169.
- Plants of the Holy Land: with their fruits and flowers / by Henry S. Osborn. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott, 1861. url .
- Plants, their natural growth and ornamental treatment, Belfast, Marcus Ward & Co., 1874. url .
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 141.
- Popular science news, formerly Boston journal of chemistry. A popular illustrated monthly devoted to the progress in zoology, botany, mineralogy, archaeology, hygiene, invention, with related physical sciences and general v. 1-36; July 1866-Dec. 1902. Boston, J.R. Nichols & co. [etc.]1866-; New York, W. O. Allison [etc., 1894]-1902. url p. 86.
- Practical agriculture by Charles C. James. New York: D. Appleton, 1899. url .
- Practical agriculture, by Charles C. James. .. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1899. url p. 201.
- Practical guide to the wild flowers and fruits by George Lincoln Walton. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1909. url p. 129.
- Preliminary list of plants growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Manchester, New Hampshire. Comp. by Frederick W. Batchelder. Manchester, N. H., Manchester institute of arts and sciences url p. 28.
- Price list of chemical and bacteriological apparatus, chemicals and reagents manufactured and sold by Baird [and] Tatlock (London) Ltd. London, Baird [and] Tatlock, 1914. url p. 1067.
- Proceedings - Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences. Staten Island, N.Y., Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences. url p. 150, p. 40.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 124.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 199, p. 199, p. 466, p. 843, p. 843.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 127, p. 224.
- Proceedings of the Canadian Institute. Toronto, Canadian Institute. url p. 147.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 156, p. 30.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 173, p. 173, p. 175, p. 288, p. 309.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 342, p. 52, p. 59, p. 99.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Association of Miramichi. Chatham, N.B.: The Association, 1899-1901. url p. 52.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 21.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 103, p. 251, p. 33, p. 4, p. 691, p. 7, p. 76, p. 79, p. 84.
- Proceedings of the annual convention of the society of American Florists. Boston [etc.]Society of American Florists and Ornamental Horticulturalists. url p. 189.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url , p. 113.
- Proceedings. Halifax url p. 80.
- Rambles of a naturalist round Folkestone: with occasional papers on the fauna and flora of the district, to which are added lists of plants, lepidoptera, birds, and land and freshwater shells / by Henry Ullyett. Folkestone: J. English, 1880. url p. 6.
- Recent advances in microscopy; biological applications, edited by A. Piney. With 83 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., inc., 1931. url p. 225.
- Reevaluation of vegetational characteristics at the CERC Field Research Facility, Duck, North Carolina / by Richard L. Harris, Gerald F. Levy, and James E. Perry; prepared for U.S. Army, Corps of Engineers, Coastal Engineering Research Center. Fort Belvoir, Va.: National Technical Information Service, Operations Division [distributor, 1983] url p. 15.
- Report for the year - British Columbia Provincial Museum. [Victoria]; Printed by A. Sutton [etc.], for the Queen. url .
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1900-1904. url p. 157.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , p. 112.
- Report on the herbaceous flowering plants of Massachusetts, arranged according to the natural orders of Lindley, and illustrated chiefly by popular descriptions of their character, properties, and use Pub. agreeably to an order of the Legislature, by the commissioners on the zoological and botanical survey of the state. Cambridge, Folsom, Wells, and Thurston, Printers to the University, 1840. url p. 66.
- Report on the indigenous medical botany of Massachusetts. Philadelphia, 1849 url p. 886.
- Reports on the herbaceous plants and on the quadrupeds of Massachusetts: published agreeably to an order of the Legislature by the Commissioners on the Zoological and Botanical Survey of the State. Cambridge: Folsom, Wells, and Thurston, 1840. url p. 66.
- Resources of the southern fields and forests, medical, economical, and agricultural; Charleston, Walker, Evans & Cogswell, printers, 1869. url p. 204.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 63.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray / selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, 1889. url p. 226, p. 230, p. 240.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray, selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, Mifflin, 1889. url p. 230, p. 230, p. 240, p. 240.
- Secrets of earth and sea, London, Methuen & co. ltd. url .
- Secrets of earth and sea, by Sir Ray Lankester. London: Methuen & co. ltd.,  url p. 98, p. 98, p. 98.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 107, p. 88, p. 91.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 605.
- Sources of the Ohio flora, by A.D. Selby and J.W.T. Duvel. Columbus, 1899 url p. 52.
- South Carolina. Resources and population. Institutions and industries. Pub. by the State Board of Agriculture of South Carolina. Charleston, S.C.: Walker, Evans & Cogswell, printers, 1883. url p. 320, p. 320.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 72.
- Students' handbook to accompany Plants and their uses / by Frederick Leroy Sargent. New York: Henry Holt, 1914. url .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 45.
- Systematic lists illustrative of the Flora, Fauna, Palaeontology, and Archaeology of the North of Ireland / Belfast: Printed for the Club, 1870-1906. url p. 141.
- The American botanist and florist, including lessons in the structure, life growth of plants, together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the American uni New York, Barnes[n.d.] url p. 91.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants: together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the Americ by Alphonso Wood. New York: A. S. Barnes, 1877, c1870. url p. 91.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 10.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url p. 651.
- The American farmer. A complete agricultural library, with useful facts for the household, devoted to farming in all its departments and details, ed. by Charles L. Flint. Illustrated with over six hundred engravings. Hartford, Conn., R. H. Park, 1882. url p. 210.
- The American farmer; a complete agricultural library, with useful facts for the household, devoted to farming in all its departments and details. .. / ed. by Charles L. Flint. ..; illus. with over six hundred engravings. Hartford, Conn.: R.H. Park, 1882. url p. 210.
- The American journal of science, & c. New York: J. Eastburn and Co., 1818-1819. url p. 371.
- The American journal of science. 21(2) 1856 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 299, p. 371.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 40.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 106, p. 109, p. 242, p. 55, p. 93, p. 97.
- The British flora: comprising the phaenogamous, or flowering plants and the ferns / by Sir William Jackson Hooker. London: Longman, Orme, Brown, Green & Longmans, 1838- url p. 276.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 445.
- The British rust fungi (Uredinales) their biology and classification, by W. B. Grove. Cambridge, University Press1913. url p. 93.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 23, p. 23.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 62 1948 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url tisdale & budd , p. 526, p. 95.
- The Canadian journal of science, literature and history. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1868-1878. url p. 293, p. 302, p. 355.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 15.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 56.
- The Coleoptera of the British islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. / by the Rev. W. W. Fowler. London: L. Reeve & co., 1887-1913. url p. 146.
- The English flora. London: Longman, 1824 url p. 305.
- The Entomologist's annual. London: John Van Voorst, 1855-1874. url p. 132, p. 29.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 87, p. 96, p. 98.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 6, p. 78.
- The Entomologist. London: Edward Newman, 1840- url p. 195.
- The Farmer's magazine. [London: Rogerson and Tuxford, 1834-1881. url .
- The Farmers' register. Richmond, Va.: Edmund Ruffin, 1833-1843. url p. 620.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 292.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Garden flowers of the year. LondonReligious Tract Society[1847?] url p. 46.
- The Gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orome, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 524.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticultural advertiser. Philadelphia [Pa.: s.n.1859-1875] url p. 278.
- The Gardener. Edinburgh;W. Blackwood and sons, 1867-1882. url p. 279.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1861 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1132.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 167, p. 185, p. 188, p. 204, p. 54, p. 80, p. 80.
- The Hope reports. Oxford: Printed for private circulation, 1897-1958. url p. 58.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 106, p. 125, p. 130, p. 169, p. 240, p. 51, p. 94.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 228, p. 382.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 113.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 41 1912-13 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 112, p. 120, p. 33.
- The Leguminosae of Illinois. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1953. url p. 25, p. 29.
- The Lepidoptera of the British Islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, their preparatory states, habits, and localities / by Charles G. Barrett. London: L. Reeve, 1893-1907. url p. 223.
- The London journal of botany: containing figures and descriptions of such plants as recommend themselves by their novelty, rarity, history, or uses: together with botanical notices and information and and occasional portraits and memoirs of eminent botanists. 3 1844 London: H. Baillie?re, 1842-1848. url p. 590.
- The Manchester flora: a descriptive list of the plants growing wild within eighteen miles of Manchester, with notices of the plants commonly cultivated in gardens; preceded by an introduction to botany, by L. H. Grindon. London, W. White, 1859. url p. 539.
- The Naturalist. 1895 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 133, p. 184, p. 193, p. 217, p. 31, p. 31, p. 320, p. 326, p. 334, p. 336, p. 51, p. 99.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 298.
- The New Forest; its history and its scenery. By John R. Wise. With 63 illustrations, drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps. London: Gibbings & co., 1895. url p. 298.
- The North American cup-fungi (inoperculates) New York, 1951. url p. 186, p. 396.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 447.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 138, p. 138, p. 159, p. 159.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 13, p. 143, p. 150, p. 193, p. 211, p. 26, p. 323, p. 327, p. 368, p. 369, p. 37, p. 378, p. 385, p. 394, p. 418, p. 43, p. 43, p. 452, p. 511, p. 80, p. 98.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 1047, p. 165, p. 249, p. 279, p. 378, p. 569, p. 838, p. 908, p. 985.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url .
- The Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science. Halifax, Nova Scotian Institute of Science. url p. 80.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 113.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 118, p. 128, p. 129, p. 131, p. 136, p. 51.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 232, p. 250, p. 284, p. 59.
- The Southern planter. Richmond, Va.: P.D. Bernard, 1841- url p. 429.
- The Tennessee flora; with special reference to the flora of Nashville. Phaenogams and vascular cryptogams, by August Gattinger. Nashville, Tenn.The author, 1887. url p. 33.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 46, p. 53.
- The Victoria history of the county of Northampton, ed. by W. Ryland D. Adkins [and others] London: [Constable], 1902- url p. 55, p. 69, p. 74.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 180.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 229.
- The book of the seasons; or, The calendar of nature. LondonR. Bentley1833 url p. 204.
- The coleoptera of the British Islands, a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. London, Reeve, 1887-91. url p. 146.
- The colours of flowers as illustrated in the British flora. London, Macmillan, 1882. url p. 112.
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 289.
- The effects of cross and self fertilisation in the vegetable kingdom. LondonJ. Murray1916 url p. 386, p. 486.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 186, p. 668.
- The flora of Banffshire. Aberdeen: Printed for the University1912 url p. 6.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 29, p. 32, p. 39, p. 41, p. 60, p. 63, p. 80, p. 89.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 211, p. 213, p. 215, p. 45.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 211, p. 213, p. 215, p. 45.
- The flora of Essex County, Massachusetts. Salem, Essex Institute, 1880. url .
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of Oxfordshire and its contiguous counties: (comprising the flowering plants only;) arranged in easy and familiar language according to the Linnaean and natural systems; preceded by an introduction to botany / Oxford: H. Slatter, 1833. url p. 213, p. 213.
- The flora of Oxfordshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with sketches of the progress of Oxfordshire botany during the last three centuries, and London, Parker and Co., 1886. url , , .
- The flora of Scott and Muscatine counties. By W.D. Barnes, Fred Reppert [and] A.A. Miller. Davenport, Iowa, 1901 url p. 213.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany, respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee Nashvillle, Press of Gospel Advocate Publishing Company, 1901. url .
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 27, p. 310.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 244.
- The flora of the upper Susquehanna and its tributaries. [Willard Nelson Clute]. Binghamton, N.Y.: W.N. Clute, 1901. url p. 11.
- The flowering plants, grasses, sedges, & ferns of Great Britain and their allies, the club mosses, horsetails, etc. London, F. Warne, 1905. url .
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 524.
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 398, p. 398.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 398.
- The grasses of Tennessee including cereals and forage plants / by J.B. Killebrew. .. Nashville: The American, 1878. url p. 415, p. 508.
- The grasses of Tennessee; including cereals and forage plants. Nashville, The American co., 1878. url , , .
- The gypsy moth. Porthetria dispar (Linn.). A report of the work of destroying the insect in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, together with an account of its history and habits both in Massachusetts and Europe. By Edward H. Forbush. .. and Charles H. Fernald. .. Published under the direction of the State Board of Agriculture by authority of the legislature. Boston: Wright & Potter Printing Co., 1896. url p. 319, p. 319.
- The island of Nantucket: what it was and what it is: being a complete index and guide to this noted resort: containing descriptions of everything on or about the island in regard to which the visitor or resident may desire Boston: C.T. Dillingham, c1882. url p. 40.
- The little English flora, or, a botanical and popular account of all our common field flowers. London, Simpkin, Marshall & co., 1842. url p. 150.
- The names of herbes, A.D. 1548. Edited, with an introd., an index of English names, and an indentification of the plants enumerated by Turner, LondonPublished for the English Dialect Society by N. Trübner1881 url p. 104.
- The native flora of the vicinity of Cold Spring Harbor, L.I., New York. n.p., 1925 url p. 172.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne, in the county of Southampton. By the late Rev. Gilbert White. Ed. by Thomas Bell. London, J. Van Voorst, 1877. url p. 372.
- The natural history and topography of Groton, Massachusetts / by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 9.
- The natural history of Pliny. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 173.
- The natural history of Pliny. Tr., with copious notes and illustrations, by the late John Bostock and H. T. Riley. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 173.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , , .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 136, p. 354, p. 84.
- The organism as a whole, from a physico-chemical viewpoint. New YorkPutnam1916 url p. 378.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 192, p. 256, p. 267, p. 446.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 61.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 180, p. 29.
- The sea-side book: being an introduction to the natural history of the British coasts / by W.H. Harvey. London: John Van Voorst, 1849. url p. 255.
- The sea-side book; being an introduction to the natural history of the British coasts. By W.H. Harvey. .. London: J. Van Voorst, 1857. url p. 279, p. 323.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 3379.
- The students' flora of New Zealand and the outlying islands. Wellington, N. Z., John Mackay, govt. printer url .
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url , p. 183, p. 48.
- The wayside flowers of summer: a study of the conspicuous herbaceous plants blooming upon our norther roadsides during the months of July and August / by Harriet L. Keeler; illustrated by Mary Keffer. New York: C. Scribner1917. url p. 288.
- The wayside flowers of summer; a study of the conspicuous herbaceous plants blooming upon our northern roadsides during the months of July and August, by Harriet L. Keeler; illustrated by Mary Keffer. New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1917. url p. 288.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 718, p. 760.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 718, p. 760.
- The weeds, poison plants, and naturalized aliens of Victoria. Melbourne, J. Kemp, Government Printer1909. url .
- Through glade and mead; a contribution to local natural history, Worcester, Mass., Putnam, Davis and Company, [c1894] url .
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 136, p. 137, p. 158, p. 170, p. 180, p. 241, p. 244, p. 283, p. 55, p. 71, p. 80.
- Tracts relative to botany, tr. from different languages. Illustrated by nine copper plates, and occasional remarks. London, Printed by Phillips and Fardon [etc.]1805. url p. 32, p. 45.
- Transactions - Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 36.
- Transactions and journal of proceedings / Dumfriesshire and Galloway Natural History & Antiquarian Society. Dumfries: Council of the Society, url p. 149.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url , p. 29.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 45, p. 45, p. 45.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 476.
- Transactions of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Canadian Institute. url p. 485.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 136, p. 176, p. 205, p. 325.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Naturalists' Field Club. Edinburgh: The Club, 1886. url p. 255, p. 255.
- Transactions of the Entomological Society of London. London, The Society. url p. 107, p. 67.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 173, p. 180.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 206.
- Transactions of the Maryland Academy of Sciences. Baltimore: The Academy, 1901- url p. 87.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 214, p. 60, p. 74.
- Transactions of the New York Academy of Sciences. New York: New York Academy of Sciences. url p. 19.
- Transactions of the Royal Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: Douglas & Foulis, 1888-1926. url p. 108.
- Transactions of the Tyneside Naturalists' Field Club. Newcastle-upon-Tyne: F. & W. Dodsworth, 1850-1864. url p. 138, p. 141, p. 174, p. 69.
- Transactions of the Wagner Free Institute of Science of Philadelphia. Philadelphia: Wagner Free Institute of Science of Philadelphia, 1887-1927. url p. 25.
- Tutira: the story of a New Zealand sheep station / by H. Guthrie-Smith. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1921. url p. 177, p. 250, p. 297.
- Types of British vegetation, Cambridge, University Press, 1911. url .
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 52.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 238, p. 97.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 238.
- Who's who among the wild flowers / compiled and illustrated by W. I. Beecroft; with an introd. by Frances Duncan. New York: Moffat, Yard, 1910. url p. 252, p. 360.
- Who's who among the wild flowers; comp. and illustrated by W. I. Beecroft, with an introduction by Frances Duncan. New York, Moffat, Yard and company, 1910. url p. 252, p. 360.
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies / by Chester A. Reed. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1910. url p. 172.
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies. Worcester, Mass., Reed, 1910. url p. 172.
- Wild flowers every child should know: arranged according to color with reliable descriptions of the more common species of the United States and Canada / by Frederic William Stack. New York: Doubleday, Page and Company, 1909. url p. 400.
- Wild flowers of New York, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1918. url p. 331.
- Wild flowers of the north-eastern states: being three hundred and eight individuals common to the north-eastern United States, New York [etc.]G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1904. url .
- Wild flowers. London, Dodge url p. 80.
- Wild flowers; New York, Macmillan Co., 1934. url , , .
- Yearbook of the United States Department of Agriculture. Washington: G.P.O., 1895-1923. url p. 604.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-2006. Systema Naturae 2000. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Accessed April 19, 2007.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-2007. Systema Naturae 2000. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Accessed September 17, 2007.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- Fautin, Daphne G. (from Hexacorallians of the World).
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed January 24, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 2 providers.
- Hexacorallians of the World 2001.
- Home of the Xylariaceae 2006.
- ILDIS World Database of Legumes. Release date: May 1, 2007
- ILDIS World Database of Legumes, 10, Nov 2005
- ILDIS World Database of LegumesNov 10, 2005.
- Lewis GP, 1994/1995 (from ILDIS).
- Light, Kris. East Tennessee Wildflowers
- Ocean Biogeographic Information System. Accessed March 01, 2006. www.iobis.org
- Parhost World Database of FleasNov 2, 2005.
- Podlech D, 1996 (from ILDIS).
- Rhytismatales database 2006.
- Rico ML, 1994 (from ILDIS World Database of Legumes).
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- Stirton CH, 2001-06 (from ILDIS).
- The International Plant Names Index. Accessed Jan 19, 2007.
- The Virtual Field Herbarium.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 11, 2007:
- Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem, GEO Biodiversity Day
- GBIF-Spain, Departamento de Biolog. Veg. II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid: MAF
- International Plant Genetic Resources Institute(IPGRI), The System-wide Information Network for Genetic Resources
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Flora of the Stołowe Mts.
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plants, Field notes, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- Steiermärkisches Landesmuseum Joanneum - Herbarium GJO, Herbarium GJO
- SysTax, Herbarium Universitat Ulm
- SysTax, Justus-Liebig-Universitat Giessen
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum, Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- US National Plant Germplasm System, United States National Plant Germplasm System Collection
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- University of Vienna, Institute for Botany - Herbarium WU, Herbarium WU
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 3874454
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-5478
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2706391
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:165874-3
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 898342