Common Names in English:
Wood Sage, Wood Germander, Wood-Sage, Woodland Germander
Herbs or subshrubs
, with rhizomes or stolons. Stems erect
or branched from base
. Leaves simple, petiolate
, cordate to lanceolate, penniveined. Verticillasters
2-6-flowered, in false spikes, terminal
, or panicles of racemes; bracts rhombic-ovate to linear-lanceolate, margin
entire or dentate
. Calyx 10-veined, throat
, swollen in front at base; limb equally 5-toothed to 2-lipped, upper lip 3-toothed, lower lip 2-toothed. Corolla 1-lipped; tube included or exserted, not hairy
annulate inside; limb 5-lobed, with middle
circular or spatulate
, occasionally 2-lobulate; lateral
lobes 4, small. Stamens 4, anterior 2 slightly longer
, all exserted from posterior sinus
of corolla; anther
. Ovary globose
. Style equal to or slightly longer than stamens, equally or subequally 2-cleft at apex. Nutlets
, glabrous, smooth
, areole ca.
1/2 as long as nutlet
Approximately 260 species: worldwide, but abundant in the Mediterranean region; 18 species in China.
Habit: Subshrub , Forb/herb
Flowers: Bloom Period: June. • Flower Color: chartreuseyellow-green
Size: 18-24" tall.
Culture: Space 18-24" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 5.6 • Maximum pH: 6.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Lamianae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Magnoliopsida () - Brongniart, 1843 - Dicotyledons
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Teucrium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 35 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
T. aroanium (Gray Creeping Germander) · T. bicolor (Oreganillo) · T. botrys (Cut Leaved Germander) · T. canadense (American Germander) · T. canadense var. canadense (Virginia Germander) · T. canadense var. hypoleucum (Canada Germander) · T. canadense var. occidentale (American Germander) · T. chamaedrys (Creeping Germander) · T. chamaedrys 'Nanum' (Dwarf Wall Germander) · T. chamaedrys 'Prostratum' (Wall Germander) · T. chamaedrys 'Summer Sunshine' (Wall Germander) · T. cossonii 'Majoricum' (Fruity Germander) · T. cubense (Small Coastal Germander) · T. cubense var. cubense (Small Coastal Germander) · T. cubense var. densum (Small Coastal Germander) · T. cubense var. laevigatum (Small Coastal Germander) · T. divaricatum (Germander) · T. fruticans (Shrubby Germander) · T. fruticans 'Azurea' (Shrubby Germander) · T. fruticans 'Azureum' (Azure Bush Germander) · T. glandulosum (Common Germander) · T. hircanicum (Germander) · T. hircanicum 'Paradise Delight' (Paradise Delight Germander) · T. hyrcanicum (Caucasian Germander) · T. hyrcanicum 'Purple Tails' (Caucasian Germander) · T. laciniatum (Germander) · T. lucidum (Germander) · T. marum (Cat Thyme Germander) · T. orientale (Oriental Germander) · T. polium (Felty Germander) · T. pyrenaicum (Pyrenean Germander) · T. scorodonia (Wood Sage) · T. scorodonia 'Crispum' (Wood Sage) · T. viscidum (Germander) · T. viscidum 'Lemon and Lime' (Lemon And Lime Germander)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of the Coccidæ of the world. [By] Mrs. Maria E. Fernald, A.M. Amherst, Mass., Carpenter & Morehouse, 1903. url p. 34.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 645.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 368.
- A handbook of British Lepidoptera, by Edward Meyrick. London, Macmillan, 1895. url p. 432.
- A handbook of British butterflies, being an outline of the distribution of all the British butterflies together with their food plants, times of appearance, and favorite places of resort. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1902. url p. 12.
- A history of gardening in England, London, J. Murray, 1910. url .
- A manual of the British Discomycetes with descriptions of all the species of fungi hitherto found in Britain, included in the family and illustrations of the genera, by William Phillips. London, K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, 1893. url p. 177.
- A manual of the British discomycetes: with descriptions of all the species of fungi hitherto found in Britain, included in the family, and illustrations of the genera / by William Phillips. London: Kegan Paul, Trench, Trübner, 1893. url p. 177.
- A monograph of the British Uredineae and Ustilagineae, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. London, Paul, Trench & Co., 1889. url , .
- A monograph of the British Uredineæ and Ustilagineæ, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. By Charles B. Plowright. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1889. url p. 218, p. 328.
- A natural history of British moths. .. / by the Rev. F.O. Morris. London: H. E. Knox, 1871. url p. 296.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 71.
- A supplement to the Pharmacopia, and treatise on pharmacology in general: including not only the drugs and preparations used by practitioners of medicine, but also most of those employed in the chemical arts: together with a collection of the most useful medical formulæ. . by Samuel Frederic Gray. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1836. url p. 48.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 122.
- A textbook of plant physiology / by N. A. Maximov. Translated from the Russian; edited by A. E. Murneek and R. B. Harvey. New York, [etc]: McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., 1930. url p. 39, p. 40.
- An illustrated dictionary of scientific terms. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, pref. 1878. url p. 292.
- An illustrated natural history of British butterflies and moths / by Edward Newman; the figures drawn by George Willis and engraved by John Kirchner. London [England]: W.H. Allen, [18--?] url p. 47, p. 48.
- An introduction to historical plant geography, by E. V. Wulff. .. authorized translation by Elizabeth Brissenden. Foreword by Elmer D. Merrill. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Co., 1943. url p. 220.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 235.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 243.
- Annual reports and proceedings of the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. url p. 140.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 351.
- British bee journal & bee-keepers adviser. London. url p. 134, p. 330, p. 47.
- British fungus-flora. A classified text-book of mycology. London, G. Bell & Sons, 1892-95. url .
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url , p. 46, p. 72.
- Bulletin - Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono]Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. url .
- Bulletin / Hatch Experiment Station of the Massachusetts Agricultural College. [S.l.: s.n.], 1888- url p. 34.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 216.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 313, p. 347, p. 348, p. 349, p. 354, p. 366, p. 376.
- Bulletin. [Orono.] url p. 243.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 216.
- Chronological history of plants: man's record of his own existence illustrated through their names, uses, and companionship. Boston, Little, Brown & company, 1879. url .
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 51.
- Elements of the science of botany, as established by Linnaeus; with examples to illustrate the classes and orders of his system. London, Printed by T. Bensley for J. Murray.1812. url p. 106.
- English wild flowers: to be found by the wayside, fields, hedgerows, rivers, moorlands, meadows, mountains, and sea-shore / by J.T. Burgess. London: F. Warne, [18--?] url p. 206.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 526, p. 608, p. 997.
- Experimental pollination; an outline of the ecology of flowers and insects, by Frederic E. Clements and Frances L. Long. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1923. url p. 137.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 312.
- Flowers of the field. London, G. Routledge, 1908. url .
- Flowers of the field. Rev. throughout and edited by Clarence Elliott. With an appendix including the Pipe-wort tribe (Eriocauleae) the Sedge tribe (Cyperaceae) and the Grass tribe (Gramineae) LondonG. Routledge[n.d.] url p. 226.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 53.
- Genera insectorum / publiés par P. Wytsman. Bruxelles, L. Desmet-Verteneuil [etc.]1902-1970. url p. 13.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1992 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 1341, p. 223.
- Handbook of British fungi, with full descriptions of all the species, and illustrations of the genera. By M. C. Cooke, M.A. London, Macmillan and co., 1871. url p. 497.
- Handbook of British fungi: with full descriptions of all the species, and illustrations of the genera / by M.C. Cooke. London: Macmillan, 1871. url p. 497.
- History and antiquities of Charnwood forest: with an appendix on the geology, botany & ornithology of the district. .. London: Hamilton, 1842. url p. 47.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 282, p. 306.
- Illustrated natural history of British butterflies and moths; the figures drawn by George Willis and engraved by John Kirchner. London, Glaisher, pref. 1869. url p. 48.
- Insects. Ottawa: T. Mulvey [etc.], 1919-1920. url p. 16.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 426, p. 798, p. 889.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , , p. 37, p. 96.
- Journal of genetics. Cambridge: University Press, 1910-1977. url p. 183, p. 183.
- Journal of the Royal Institution of Cornwall. Truro, Eng., Workers of Cornwall Ltd. url p. 127, p. 298.
- Knowledge. v. 1-40; Nov. 1881-Dec. 1917. LondonWyman [etc.] url p. 62.
- List of Yorkshire Lepidoptera. [By] George T. Porritt. .. London, A. Brown & Sons, ltd., 1904. url p. 104.
- Monograph of the British Cicadae or Tettigidae. By George Bowdler Buckton. .. London, Macmillan & Co., 1890-91. url p. 126.
- Mémoires. Bruxelles, The Society. url p. 151, p. 43, p. 50, p. 75.
- Natural history of Selborne, and observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. Toronto: Musson Book Co., 1904. url p. 229.
- Natural science. London: Macmillan & Co., [1892-1899] url p. 112.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 4 1907 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 171.
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 28, p. 626.
- On British wild flowers considered in relation to insects / by Lord Avebury. London: Macmillan, 1909. url p. xiv.
- Plant physiology. Edited by R. B. Harvey and A. E. Murneck. 2d English ed., translated and rev. from the 5th Russian ed. Translated from the Russian ed. Translated from the Russian by Irene V. Krassovsky. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1938. url p. 194, p. 195.
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 460, p. 460.
- Popular field botany; containing a familiar and technical description of the plants most common to the various localities of the British Isles, adapted to the study of either the artificial or natural systems. London, Reeve, Benham & Reeve, 1849. url .
- Potter's cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R.C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke,  url p.
- Potter's cyclopedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R. C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke, [1900-1950?]. url p.
- Prehistoric Europe: a geological sketch / London: Edward Stanford, 1881. url p. 515.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url , p. 103, p. 110, p. 124, p. 36.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 582, p. 583, p. 592, p. 597, p. 601.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 16, p. 435, p. 451, p. 572, p. 589, p. 636, p. 679, p. 696, p. 705, p. 743, p. 759, p. 93.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 121, p. 50, p. 51, p. 53.
- Rambles in search of wild flowers, and how to distinguish them. London, Journal of horticulture and cottage gardener, 1864. url p. 224.
- Report upon the fauna of Liverpool Bay and the neighboring seas, written by members of the Liverpool Marine Biology Committee, and edited by W.A. Herdman. London, Longmans, Green, 1886-1900. url p. 43.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 48.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 147, p. 68.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 137.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 568.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 2181.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 111, p. 171, p. 233.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 445.
- The Coleoptera of the British islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. / by the Rev. W. W. Fowler. London: L. Reeve & co., 1887-1913. url p. 143, p. 144, p. 155, p. 168, p. 339, p. 347, p. 358.
- The Entomologist's annual. London: John Van Voorst, 1855-1874. url p. 31.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 10, p. 102, p. 112, p. 113, p. 121, p. 121, p. 155, p. 156, p. 157, p. 172, p. 203, p. 211, p. 235, p. 238, p. 241, p. 242, p. 246, p. 269, p. 28, p. 30, p. 31, p. 33, p. 36, p. 6, p. 90.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 129, p. 131, p. 149, p. 161, p. 21, p. 225, p. 231, p. 231, p. 58, p. 74, p. 76, p. 78, p. 99.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 119, p. 156, p. 200, p. 242, p. 26, p. 74, p. 74.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 677.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 168, p. 281, p. 401.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 16 1878 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 631.
- The Lepidoptera of the British Islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, their preparatory states, habits, and localities / by Charles G. Barrett. London: L. Reeve, 1893-1907. url p. 205, p. 354, p. 61.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 320.
- The Naturalist. 1896 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 13, p. 263, p. 330, p. 354, p. 94.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 294.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 416, p. 68.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 145.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url , , p. 347, p. 71.
- The Victoria history of the county of Kent; ed. by William Page. London, Constable, 1908- url p. 161, p. 162, p. 168, p. 169.
- The book of nature study, ed. by J. Bretland Farmer. .. assisted by a staff of specialists. Fully illustrated. London, Caxton publishing company[1908?]-1909. url p. 74.
- The botany of the Eastern Borders: with the popular names and uses of the plants, and of the customs and beliefs which have been associated with them / by George Johnston. London: J. Van Voorst, 1853. url p. 162, p. 320.
- The botany of the eastern borders, with the popular names and uses of the plants, and of the customs and beliefs which have been associated with them. London, J. Van Voorst, 1853. url , .
- The butterflies of the British Isles / 1906 London: F. Warne, 1906. url p. 100, p. 129.
- The classes and orders of the Linnaean system of botany: Illustrated by select specimens of foreign and indigenous plants. London: Printed by T. Bensley for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, 1816. url p. 300.
- The coleoptera of the British Islands, a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. London, Reeve, 1887-91. url p. 143, p. 144, p. 168, p. 251, p. 256, p. 345, p. 358.
- The colours of flowers as illustrated in the British flora. London, Macmillan, 1882. url p. 118.
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 234, p. 441.
- The encyclopedia of gardening. A dictionary of cultivated plants, etc., giving in alphabetical sequence the culture and propagation of hardy and half-hardy plants, trees and shrubs, orchids, ferns, fruit, vegetables, hothouse and g London, W. H. & L. Collingridge url .
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url , p. 26.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 141, p. 211.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 141, p. 211.
- The flora of Oxfordshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with sketches of the progress of Oxfordshire botany during the last three centuries, and London, Parker and Co., 1886. url .
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 358.
- The history of our British butterflies containing - a full bibliographical note of each species, with copious extracts from the old authors; and full descriptions of all the British species, their eggs, caterpillars, chrysalides and variet London, J. Kempster url p. 200.
- The lepidopterist's calendar. Gloucester, H. Marsden, 1875. url p. 128, p. 212.
- The life of John Duncan Scotch weaver and botanist: with sketches of his friends and notices of the times / by William Jolly. London: Kegan Paul, Trench and Co., 1883. url p. 510.
- The little English flora, or, a botanical and popular account of all our common field flowers. London, Simpkin, Marshall & co., 1842. url p. 115.
- The natural history & antiquities of Selborne in the county of Southampton, by Gilbert White, with illustrations in colour by George Edward Collins... London: Macmillan and co., limited, 1911. url p. 400.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne, in the county of Southampton / by the Rev. Gilbert White London: Swan Sonnenschein, 1888 url .
- The natural history of Pliny. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 102.
- The natural history of Pliny. Tr., with copious notes and illustrations, by the late John Bostock and H. T. Riley. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 102.
- The natural history of the Tineina. .. By H. T. Stainton, assisted by Professor Zeller and J. W. Douglas. London, J. Van Voorst; [etc., etc.]1855-73. url p. 32, p. 33.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 248, p. 275.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url , , p. 104, p. 105.
- The woodlands. LondonSociety for Promoting Christian Knowledge1880 url p. 76.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 353, p. 353.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 224, p. 44.
- Variation in animals and plants, by H.M. Vernon. .. New York, H. Holt and company, 1902. url p. 353, p. 374.
- Variation in animals and plants. New York: H. Holt, 1903. url p. 353, p. 374.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 13, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 18, 2007:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien, Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien
- NLBIF, Limnodata
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plants, Field notes, Oslo
- Steiermärkisches Landesmuseum Joanneum - Herbarium GJO, Herbarium GJO
- SysTax, Herbarium Universitat Ulm
- SysTax, Justus-Liebig-Universitat Giessen
- SysTax, Museu Botanico Municipal
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum, Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2655036
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-32360
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2671206
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:460717-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 316850
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 32360
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: TESC
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 65744