Common Names in English:
American Germander, Canada Germander, Candad Germander, Creeping Germander, Germander, Hairy Germander, Wild Germander, Wood Sage, Wood-Sage
Herbs or subshrubs
, with rhizomes or stolons. Stems erect
or branched from base
. Leaves simple, petiolate
, cordate to lanceolate, penniveined. Verticillasters
2-6-flowered, in false spikes, terminal
, or panicles of racemes; bracts rhombic-ovate to linear-lanceolate, margin
entire or dentate
. Calyx 10-veined, throat
, swollen in front at base; limb equally 5-toothed to 2-lipped, upper lip 3-toothed, lower lip 2-toothed. Corolla 1-lipped; tube included or exserted, not hairy
annulate inside; limb 5-lobed, with middle
circular or spatulate
, occasionally 2-lobulate; lateral
lobes 4, small. Stamens 4, anterior 2 slightly longer
, all exserted from posterior sinus
of corolla; anther
. Ovary globose
. Style equal to or slightly longer than stamens, equally or subequally 2-cleft at apex. Nutlets
, glabrous, smooth
, areole ca.
1/2 as long as nutlet
Approximately 260 species: worldwide, but abundant in the Mediterranean region; 18 species in China.
Flowers: Bloom Period: June, July, August, September. • Flower Color: pink
Size: 12-18" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,998 meters (0 to 9,836 feet).
Culture: Space 15-18" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b. (map)
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Vascular Plants
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Teucrium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 35 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
T. aroanium (Gray Creeping Germander) · T. bicolor (Oreganillo) · T. botrys (Cut Leaved Germander) · T. canadense (American Germander) · T. canadense var. canadense (Virginia Germander) · T. canadense var. hypoleucum (Canada Germander) · T. canadense var. occidentale (American Germander) · T. chamaedrys (Creeping Germander) · T. chamaedrys 'Nanum' (Dwarf Wall Germander) · T. chamaedrys 'Prostratum' (Wall Germander) · T. chamaedrys 'Summer Sunshine' (Wall Germander) · T. cossonii 'Majoricum' (Fruity Germander) · T. cubense (Small Coastal Germander) · T. cubense var. cubense (Small Coastal Germander) · T. cubense var. densum (Small Coastal Germander) · T. cubense var. laevigatum (Small Coastal Germander) · T. divaricatum (Germander) · T. fruticans (Shrubby Germander) · T. fruticans 'Azurea' (Shrubby Germander) · T. fruticans 'Azureum' (Azure Bush Germander) · T. glandulosum (Common Germander) · T. hircanicum (Germander) · T. hircanicum 'Paradise Delight' (Paradise Delight Germander) · T. hyrcanicum (Caucasian Germander) · T. hyrcanicum 'Purple Tails' (Caucasian Germander) · T. laciniatum (Germander) · T. lucidum (Germander) · T. marum (Cat Thyme Germander) · T. orientale (Oriental Germander) · T. polium (Felty Germander) · T. pyrenaicum (Pyrenean Germander) · T. scorodonia (Wood Sage) · T. scorodonia 'Crispum' (Wood Sage) · T. viscidum (Germander) · T. viscidum 'Lemon and Lime' (Lemon And Lime Germander)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 109, p. 212, p. 344, p. 40.
- A contribution to the knowledge of the flora of southeastern Minnesota. [Boston, Heliotype Print. Co.]1900. url p. 358, p. 403.
- A guide to the wild flowers east of the Mississippi and north of Virginia / by Norman Taylor. New York: Greenberg, 1928. url p. 251.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url fig. 409, p. 709.
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 347, p. 590.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url , .
- A provisional list of the parasitic fungi of Wisconsin. Madison, 1914 url p. 858, p. 867, p. 894, p. 976.
- Alfalfa, grasshoppers, bees: their relationship. A report of the field-work of the Department of entomology, summer of 1898. .. By S. J. Hunter. Topeka, Kan., Press of the state printer, 1899. url p. 143, p. 143.
- American bee journal. Hamilton, Ill., etc., Dadant & Sons url p. 360.
- American honey plants; together with those which are of special value to the beekeeper as sources of pollen. Hamilton, Ill., American Bee Journal, 1920. url p. 100.
- An annotated catalogue of types of the University of Illinois mycological collections (ILL) / Urbana: University of Illinois Press, c1997. url p. 44.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 102.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 544.
- An introduction to the study of botany, including a treatise on vegetable physiology, and descriptions of the most common plants in the middle and northern states. By J.L. Comstock. .. New York, Pratt, Woodford, Farmer & Brace, 1856 [c1854] url p. 387.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 160.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 418, p. 550.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 591.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 13, p. 20, p. 26.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 137, p. 191.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 20 1909 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 216, p. 238.
- Annual report of the Minnesota State Horticultural Society. Minneapolis: The Society, 1883-1898. url p. 481.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 661, p. 663.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 126, p. 25, p. 259, p. 259, p. 26, p. 362, p. 362, p. 81.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 177.
- Annual report of the regents of the university of the state of New York on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History and the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 30.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 1408.
- Atlas of the rare vascular plants of Ontario / Ottawa: Botany Division, National Museum of Natural Sciences = Division de la botanique, Musée national des sciences naturelles, 1982-1987. url .
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 42 - 46 1973 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 11, p. 120, p. 13, p. 13, p. 14, p. 21, p. 23, p. 29, p. 35, p. 39, p. 49, p. 80.
- Biologia centrali-americana; or, Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America. London, Pub. for the editors by R. H. Porter and Dulau & co., 1879-88. url .
- Botanical survey of Nebraska. Conducted by the Botanical Seminar. I-VII. Lincoln, Neb., 1892-1904. url , , , .
- Botany for secondary schools; a guide to the knowledge of the vegetation of the neighborhood, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 402.
- Botany of the northern and middle states, or, A description of the plants found in the United States, north of Virginia: arranged according to the natural system: with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnaean system. .. / Albany: Printed by Webster and Skinners. .., 1833. url p. 274.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 6 1922 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 60, p. 82.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 631.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 137, p. 191.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 436, p. 566.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 216, p. 332.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 182.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1916 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 16, p. 17.
- Bulletin of the Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History. Bloomington, Ill.: The Laboratory, 1876-1918. url p. 127, p. 175, p. 176, p. 176, p. 407, p. 407, p. 407.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 28 1901 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 168, p. 533, p. 659, p. 718.
- Bulletin of the Wisconsin Natural History Society. Milwaukee, The Society, [1900-1920] url p. 96.
- Bulletin of the scientific laboratories of Denison University. Granville, Ohio: [The University], 1885- url p. 37.
- Bulletins. Minneapolis url p. 63.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 130, p. 190, p. 387.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 216.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url , p. 2134, p. 2139, p. 2140, p. 2141, p. 2145.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 33.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 33.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 332.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 73.
- Common and scientific names of weeds in Canada = Noms populaires et scientifiques des plantes nuisibles du Canada / Ottawa: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada = Agriculture et agroalimentaire Canada, c2000. url p. 130.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url , .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 241, p. 297, p. 539, p. 707.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 14, p. 17, p. 29, p. 32, p. 51, p. 59, p. 7, p. 71, p. 75, p. 76.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 903.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url fig. 282, p. 558, p. 586.
- Fieldbook of Illinois wild flowers; six hundred fifty of the more common flowering plants in the state. Urbana, 1936. url p. 273, p. 404, p. 404.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 22.
- Flora Peoriana; the vegetation in the climate of middle Illinois. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & Sons, 1887. url , p. 56.
- Flora of Burlington and vicinity; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation, by Nellie F. Flynn. Burlington, Free Press Printing Co., 1911. url p. 78.
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 218.
- Flora of Emmet County, Iowa: a list of the native and introduced plants. n.p., 1904-05 url p. 240.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 216.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 800.
- Flora of Lancaster County; being descriptions of the seed- plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvanial. By John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York, 1913. url p. 246.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state, with keys for their determination. Lincoln, Neb., Printed by State Printing Co., 1912 url p. 118.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 127.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 113.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 224.
- Flora of Winneshiek County. Des Moines: 1906. url .
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 241.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 321.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 528.
- Florula bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. By Jacob Bigelow. .. Boston, Cummings, Hilliard, & co., 1824. url p. 235.
- Flowers and insects; lists of visitors of four hundred and fifty-three flowers, by Charles Robertson. Carlinville, Ill., n.p.1928. url p. 124, p. 5.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 336, p. 81, p. 890.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 1131.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 252.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url .
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 287, p. 288, p. 473, p. 513, p. 550.
- Hill prairies of Illinois. Urbana, 1955. url p. 436.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 58.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 161, p. 185.
- Illinois biological monographs. Urbana, Univ. of Illinois Press. url p. 71.
- Illinois wild flowers, by John Voss and Virginia S. Eifert. Springfield,  url p. 175, p. 243.
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url , p. 72.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 128.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 402, p. 404.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 402.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 402, p. 404, p. 505.
- Manual of the flowering plants of Iowa. [Lamoni, Iowa]Privately published, 1899. url .
- Meehan's monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany, and kindred subjects. Phila., PA: T. Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url , , .
- Meehans' monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany and kindred subjects / conducted by Thomas Meehan. Philadelphia: Thomas Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url p. 97, p. 98.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url p. 358, p. 403, p. 403, p. 590, p. 590, p. 777, p. 777.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 211.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1965 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 49.
- Morphological studies of the genus Cercospora, Urbana, Ill., 1930 url p. 39, p. 71.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 20, p. 26.
- Nantucket wild flowers / by Alice O. Albertson; illustrated by Anne Hinchman. New York and London: G. P. Putnam's sons, 1921. url p. 324, p. 324, p. 441, p. 441.
- Natural area inventory of Washington County, North Carolina / [Raleigh]: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Department of Natural Resources and Community Development, 1982. url p. 78, p. 90.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 104, p. 20, p. 56.
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 187.
- Notes on the distribution and bibliography of North American bees of the families, Apidae, Meliponidae, Bombidae, Euglossidae, and Anthophoridae, New York1920 url p. 624.
- Notes on the flora of western Nova Scotia, 1921 / M.L. Fernald. Cambridge, MA: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1922. url p. 202.
- Occasional papers of the Museum of Natural History, the University of Kansas. 1984 Lawrence, Kan.: The University, 1971-1994. url p. 36.
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 293, p. 440, p. 92.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 122, p. 127, p. 143, p. 190, p. 342, p. 349, p. 364, p. 37, p. 40, p. 47, p. 53, p. 55, p. 66, p. 69, p. 75, p. 81, p. 93.
- Plant indicators: the relation of plant communities to process and practice. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url p. 190.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 707.
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 707.
- Plant species of concern / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2003. url .
- Plant species of special concern and plant associations of Sheridan County, Montana / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2000. url .
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 208, p. 208.
- Preliminary list of plants growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Manchester, New Hampshire. Comp. by Frederick W. Batchelder. Manchester, N. H., Manchester institute of arts and sciences url p. 39.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 663, p. 663, p. 843, p. 843.
- Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society held at Philadelphia for promoting useful knowledge. Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society url p. 277.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 132, p. 224.
- Proceedings of the Davenport Academy of Natural Sciences. Davenport, Ia., Academy of Natural Sciences [etc.] url p. 230, p. 362.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 131, p. 131, p. 182, p. 198, p. 219, p. 219.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 28.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 187.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , , p. 137, p. 191, p. 20.
- Report upon United States Geographical surveys west of the one hundredth meridian, Washington, Govt. print. off., 1875-89. url .
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Made under the direction of the secretary of war, in 1853-. .. Washington, A.O.P. Nicholson, Printer [etc.]1855-60. url p. 46.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 358, p. 403, p. 455, p. 590, p. 700, p. 701, p. 729, p. 777.
- Sable Island, with a catalogue of its vascular plants / by Harold St. John. Boston: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1921. url p. 43, p. 46, p. 92.
- Selected western flora: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta / Toronto: Macmillan Company of Canada, [c1915] url .
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 126, p. 138, p. 25, p. 26, p. 81.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 160.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 89.
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 182.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url , p. 45, p. 49, p. 65, p. 71, p. 75.
- The American journal of science. 1 1818 - 18 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 249, p. 299.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url .
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 17, p. 447, p. 764.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticultural advertiser. Philadelphia [Pa.: s.n.1859-1875] url p. 135.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , p. 70.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 43 1983 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 144, fig. 9, page 154, fig. 10, page 155, fig. 7, page 382, fig. 9, page 384, p. 67.
- The Indiana weed book, by W. S. Blatchley. Indianapolis: The Nature publishing company, 1912. url p. 118.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 158.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 455, p. 700, p. 701, p. 729.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 455, p. 700, p. 701, p. 729.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url .
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 190, p. 207, p. 306, p. 331, p. 388, p. 502, p. 504.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 158, p. 170, p. 293, p. 378, p. 71.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 37 1956 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 1093, p. 1109, p. 1137, p. 125, p. 135, p. 174, p. 28, p. 393, p. 572, p. 69, p. 74, p. 74, p. 74, p. 79, fig. 2, page 930, p. 991.
- The complete home landscape, by Arthur J. Jennings, in collaboration with Leonard H. Johnson. New York, A. T. De La Mare, 1924. url p. 160.
- The drug plants of Illinois / Leo R. Tehon; drawings by Kay H. Wadsworth. Urbana, Ill.: Natural History Survey Division, 1951. url p. 134.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 250.
- The genera of North American plants: and a catalogue of the species, to the year 1817 / by Thomas Nuttall. Philadelphia: Printed for the Author by D. Heartt, 1818. url p. 26.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 132.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 165, p. 475, p. 531.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 97.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 11, p. 20, p. 43.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url , .
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 663.
- The plants of southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 661.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 3607.
- The vascular flora of the eastern Penobscot Bay region, Maine. [Portland, Maine, 1919. url p. 260.
- The vegetation of Shackleford Bank / by I.F. Lewis. Raleigh: Edwards & Broughton, 1917. url .
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 272, p. 469, p. 470, p. 789, p. 907.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 272, p. 469, p. 470, p. 789, p. 907.
- Torrey, J. Report on the United States and Mexican boundary survey: made under the direction of the secretary of the Interior /by William H. Emory, major First Cavalry, and United States commissioner. 2(1) 1859 Washington: C. Wendell, printer, 1857-59. url p. 135.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 114, p. 137, p. 187, p. 235, p. 250, p. 300, p. 314, p. 38, p. 53, p. 61, p. 72, p. 76, p. 98.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 104, p. 169.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 206, p. 207.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 146, p. 180, p. 28, p. 38, p. 44, p. 95.
- Transactions of the Maryland Academy of Sciences. Baltimore: The Academy, 1901- url p. 86.
- Transactions of the State Agricultural Society. .. Lansing: The Society, 1850-1856. url p. 420.
- Transactions of the Wagner Free Institute of Science of Philadelphia. Philadelphia: Wagner Free Institute of Science of Philadelphia, 1887-1927. url p. 28.
- Transactions of the Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters. [Madison]Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters, 1870/72- url p. 118, p. 143.
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url p. 86.
- Transactions. Columbus, Ohio [etc.] url p. 250.
- Tulane studies in zoology and botany. 19 1975 New Orleans: Tulane University, [1968- url p. 30, p. 31.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 11 1958 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 212, p. 367, p. 672, p. 700.
- University studies of the University of Nebraska. Lincoln. url p. 12.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 3, p. 8.
- Weeds of the North Central States. Urbana, Ill: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture, Agricultural Experiment Station,  url p. 156, p. 269, p. 301.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url .
- Wholesale catalogue of American trees, shrubs, plants, and seeds, cultivated and for sale at the Linn©an Botanic Garden and nurseries, near New-York. William Prince, proprietor. .. New-York, Printed by T. and J. Swords, 1827. url p. 158.
- Wild flowers of New York, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1918. url p. 235, p. 235, p. 360.
- Wild flowers; New York, Macmillan Co., 1934. url , .
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 13, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 19, 2007:
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2655030
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-32352
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13746252
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:460290-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 316849
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 32352
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: TECAB TECA
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 65735
- "Teucrium". in Flora of China Vol. 17 Page 56. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 262.690 meters (861.844 feet), Standard Deviation = 287.320 based on 1,001 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]