Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Brusca Cimarrona, Akatafotsy, Faux Indigo, Fishpoison, Hora, Indigo, Indigo Rouge, Indigo Sauvage, Purple Tephrosia, Tephrosia, Tsarinetsy, Tuvakei
Common Names in Malagasy:
Katafotsy, Kimahandzy, Makalala
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Sinhalese:
Common Names in Tamil:
Kavilai, Kawati, Kolinchi
Herbs, undershrubs or shrubs
. Leaf mostly imparipinnate
rarely 3-1, generally more; entire, exstipellate; stipules of various types. Inflorescence a terminal
or leaf-opposed raceme
or flowers in the axils of the upper leaves. Bract present, bracteoles absent. Calyx teeth or lobes
or the upper two united
. Vexillum pilose
to the keel. Stamens 10, monadelphous
, then the vexillary stamen quite free
. Ovary sessile, generally many ovuled, style incurved
or pilose, stigma nude or penicillate
. Fruit compressed
, 2-valved, continuous or obscurely septate
between the seeds.
A genus with over 300 species distributed mainly in the tropical and sub-tropical regions of the world.
Habit: Herb • Climbing: Not Climbing
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Rosanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Cracca purpurea L. • Glycyrrhiza mairei H. Lev. • Tephrosia colonila (Ham.)benth. • Tephrosia diffusa (Roxb.)wight & Arn. • Tephrosia ionophlebia Hayata • Tephrosia lanceifolia Link • Tephrosia piscatoria (Aiton)pers. • Tephrosia purpurea var. diffusa (Roxb.)aitch.
Members of the genus Tephrosia
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 33 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
T. angustissima (Narrowleaf Hoarypea) · T. brownii (Convict Blenny) · T. candida (Indigo Blanc) · T. chrysophylla (Scurf Hoarypea) · T. cinerea (Anil-Bravo) · T. corallicola (Narrowleaf Hoarypea) · T. curtissii (Curtiss' Hoarypea) · T. florida (Florida Hoarypea) · T. floridana (Florida Hoarypea) · T. florida var. florida (Florida Hoary-Pea) · T. hispidula (Sprawling Hoarypea) · T. leiocarpa (Smooth Pod Tephrosia) · T. lindheimeri (Goat's Rue) · T. mohrii (Pineland Hoarypea) · T. onobrychoides (Multi-Bloom Tephrosia) · T. potosina (Edwards Plateau Hoarypea) · T. pumila (Indigo Sauvage) · T. pumila var. aldabrensis (Indigo Sauvage) · T. pungens (Fananbotsy) · T. purpurea (Brusca Cimarrona) · T. purpurea altissima (Brusca Cimarrona) · T. purpurea canescens (Brusca Cimarrona) · T. purpurea purpurea (Brusca Cimarrona) · T. purpurea var. brevidens (Purple Tephrosia) · T. rosea (Flinders River Poison) · T. rugelii (Rugel's Hoarypea) · T. senna (Anil Racimillo) · T. sessiliflora (Sessileflower Hoarypea) · T. sinapou (Guanibrey) · T. spicata (Spiked Hoary Pea) · T. thurberi (Thurber's Hoary-Pea) · T. virginiana (Catgut) · T. vogelii (Vogel's Tephrosia)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A forest flora of Chota Nagpur including Gangpur and the Santal-Parganahs. A description of all the indigenous trees, shrubs and climbers, the principal economic herbs, and the most commonly cultivated trees and shrubs (with introduction and glossary) by H. H. Haines. Dehra Dun, India, Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh, 1910. url p. 340.
- A general history of the dichlamydeous plants, comprising complete descriptions of the different orders; together with the characters of the genera and species, and an enumeration of the cultivated varieties. .. the scientific names accentuated, t By George Don. London, J.G. and F. Rivington [etc.]1831-38. url p. 230.
- A general system of gardening and botany. Founded upon Miller's Gardener's dictionary, and arranged according to the natural system. By George Don. London, Printed for C. J. G. and F. Rivington, 1831-38. url p. 230.
- A handbook of tropical gardening and planting, with special reference to Ceylon, by H. F. Macmillan. .. Colombo, H.W. Cave & co., 1914. url p. 39, p. 445, p. 598.
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url p. 667.
- A list of plants of Formosa, by Takiya Kawakami. Taiwan shokubutsu mokuroku. Taihoku, Bureau of Productive Industry, Govt. of Formosa, 1910. url p. 32.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 534, p. 833.
- A note-book of agricultural facts and figures comp. by R. Cecil Wood. .. Madras, Govt. Press, 1920. url p. 104.
- A practical guide to coco-nut planting. By R.W. Monro and L.C. Brown... London: J. Bale, sons & Danielsson, ltd., 1916. url , p. 69.
- A review of the references to the Hortus malabaricus of Henry Van Rheede Van Draakenstein [sic] Swansea: Printed at the Cambrian-Office, by Murray and Rees, 1839. url p. 4.
- A systematic catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to or growing wild in Ceylon. Colombo: G. J. A. Skeen, 1885. url .
- Agricultural news. Bridgetown, Barbados, Bowen & sons;1902-22. url p. 101, p. 204, p. 245, p. 277, p. 281, p. 348, p. 418, p. 421, p. 429, p. 429, p. 434, p. 435, p. 75, p. 75.
- American medicinal plants; an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry and physiological effects. By Charles F. Millspaugh. 1887 New York, Boericke & Tafel, c1887. url page 46- 3.
- American medicinal plants;: an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry, and physiological effects. / By Charles F. Millspaugh, . ..; Illustrated by the author. New York; Boericke & Tafel., c1887. url .
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 278.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 1 1876 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 17.
- Annals of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Peradeniya. Colombo: Skien; 1901-1924. url , p. 186.
- Bengal plants: a list of the phanerogams, ferns and fern-allies indigenous to, or commonly cultivated in, the Lower provinces and Chittagong, with definitions of the natural orders and genera, and keys to the genera and species. 1 1903 Calcutta: Botanical Survey of India1903. url p. 405.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url , , p. 278.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 179, p. 958.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 262, p. 265.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1919 1919 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 119, p. 23, p. 36.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 360.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 34.
- Catalogue of the African plants London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url .
- Catalogue of the African plants collected by Dr. Friedrich Welwitsch in 1853-61. .. London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url p. 224.
- Catalogue of the plants of Kumaon and of the adjacent portions of Garhwal and Tibet, based on the collections made by Strachey and Winterbottom during the years 1846 to 1849 and on the catalogue originally prepared in 1852 by Sir Richard Strachey. .. rev. and supplemented by J. F. Duthie. London, L. Reeve & co., limited, 1906. url p. 260.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 180, p. 264, p. 265, p. 592.
- Coconut planter's manual. Ferguson's "All about the coconut palm" (Cocos nucifera). Treating of the history and cultivation, chemistry and physiology of the palm, and about its commercial products. Compiled by J. Ferguson. Colombo, Ceylon, Ceylon Observer Press, 1923. url p. 97.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 10 1906-1908 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 175, p. 252, p. 386, p. 400, p. 431, p. 583, p. 91.
- Contributions to the flora of Siam [Aberdeen]Printed for the University1912- url p. 55.
- Contributions to the flora of Siam. .. / by William Grant Craib. .. [Aberdeen]: Printed for the University of Aberdeen, 1912- url p. 55.
- Emergency food plants and poisonous plants of the islands of the Pacific / [E.D. Merrill] Washington, D.C.: U.S. Govt. Print. Office, 1943. url , p. 133, p. 135, p. 136, p. 146, p. 148.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1, p. 1004, p. 107, p. 134, p. 167, p. 335, p. 871, p. 992, p. 996.
- Fishery leaflet / United States Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, url p. 102, p. 19, p. 22.
- Flora Hongkongensis; a description of the flowering plants and ferns of the island of Hongkong. LondonL. Reeve1861 url p. 78.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 172, p. 173, p. 174.
- Flora hongkongensis: a description of the flowering plants and ferns of the island of Hongkong. By George Bentham. Published under the authority of Her Majesty's secretary of state for the colonies. London, L. Reeve, 1861. url p. 78.
- Flora medica; a botanical account of all the more important plants used in medicine in different parts of the world. London, Longman, 1838. url p. 244.
- Flora of Guatemala: families Leguminosae, Geraniaceae, Oxalidaceae, Tropaeolaceae, Linaceae, Erythroxylaceae, Zygophyllaceae, Rutaceae, Simaroubaceae, Burseraceae, Meliaceae, and Malpighiaceae / by Paul C. Standley and Julian A. Steyermark. 24 1946 Chicago, Ill.: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1946. url p. 353.
- Flora of Jamaica, containing descriptions of the flowering plants known from the island, by William Fawcett and Alfred Barton Rendle. London.Printed by order of the Trustees of the British Museum, 1910- url p. 18, p. 19.
- Flora of Kwangtung and Hongkong (China) being an account of the floweriing plants, ferns and fern allies together with keys for their determination preceded by a map and introduction, London, H. M. Stationery off., printed by Darling and son, ltd., 1912. url .
- Flora of the Presidency of Madras / by J.S. Gamble. London: West, Newman and Adlard, 1915- url p. 319, p. 320.
- Flora of tropical Africa. By Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. London, L. Reeve, 1868-1902. url p. 106, p. 108.
- Fragmenta Florae Philippinae: contributions to the flora of the Philippine Islands / by J. Perkins. Leipzig: Gebr. Borntraeger, 1904-1905. url p. 17.
- General index to the flora of Formosa as recorded in all literature up to the publication of Icones plantarum Formosanarum VI = Taiwan shokubutsu somokuroku / [B. Hayata] [Taihoku]: Taiwan Sotokufu Minseibu Shokusankyoku, 1917. url p. 22.
- Green manures and manuring in the tropics, including an account of the economic value of leguminosæ as sources of foodstuffs, vegetable oils, drugs, &c. By P. de Sornay. .. tr. by F.W. Flattely. .. from the well-known work, "Les plantes tropicales alimentaires et industrielles de la famille des légumineuses." London, J. Bale, Sons & Danielsson, Ltd., 1916. url , , .
- Hand-book of Indian flora; being a guide to all the flowering plants hitherto described as indigenous to the continent of India. [Madras?]Trabancore Sircar Press, 1864-69. url , , .
- Hooker, J. D. & T. Thomson Flora indica: being a systematic account of the plants of British India, together with observations on the structure and affinities of their natural orders and genera /by J.D. Hooker and Thomas Thomson. 1855 London: W. Pamplin, 1855. url p. 152, p. 278.
- Hooker, J. D. The botany of the Antarctic voyage of H.M. discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the Years 1839-1843: under the command of Captain Sir James Clark Ross /by Joseph Dalton Hooker. 3 1860 London: Reeve Brothers, 1844-60. url p. xliii.
- Icones plantarum formosanarum nec non et contributiones ad floram formosanam: or, Icones of the plants of Formosa, and materials for a flora of the island, based on a study of the collections of the Botanical survey of the Government of Formosa / By B. Hayata. .. Taihoku: Bureau of Productive Industry, Government of Formosa, 1911-1921. url p. 178, p. 22.
- Illustrations of Indian botany: or figures illustrative of each of the natural orders of Indian plants, described in the author's prodromus florae peninsulae Indiae orientalis /by Robert Wight. 1 1840 Madras: published by J. B. Pharoah for the author, 1840-1850. url p. xxi.
- Index of plants. 1912. Singapore, Printed at the Methodist Publishing House, 1912. url , .
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 1457.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 75, p. 97.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 133.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 12 1901 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 125, p. 127.
- Journal of Indian botany. Madras: Methodist Pub. House, 1919-1923. url p. 12, p. 132, p. 133, p. 31, p. 316, p. 91.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 11, p. 12, p. 68.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. Botany. 6 1862 London: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, & Roberts: ||Williams and Norgate, 1857-1864. url p. 187.
- Life-histories of Indian insects: Microlepidoptera / by T. Bainbrigge Fletcher. Calcutta: Published for the Imperial Dept. of Agriculture in India by Thacker, Spink, . url p. 84.
- List of trees, shrubs, and principal climbers, etc., recorded from Burma: with vernacular names / by J.H. Lace. Rangoon, Burma: Supt., Govt. Print., 1922. url p. 218.
- Madras fisheries bulletin / Madras Fisheries Department. Madras: Printed by the Superintendent, Government Press, url , p. 102, p. 103, p. 110.
- Materials for a flora of the Malayan Peninsula. By George King [and J.S. Gamble]. Calcutta;1889-1936. url p. 84, p. 85.
- Memoirs of the Queensland Museum. Brisbane, Queensland Museum, 1912- url p. 12.
- Niger flora; or, An enumeration of the plants of western tropical Africa, collected by the late Dr. Theodore Vogel, botanist to the voyage of the expedition sent by Her Britannic Majesty to the river Niger in 1841, under the command of Capt. H. D. Trotter, R.N., &c.; includ London, H. Bailliere; [etc., etc.]1849. url p. 300.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 284, p. 315, p. 383, p. 385, p. 463.
- Plant names, scientific and popular, including in the case of each plant the correct botanical name in accordance with the reformed nomenclature, together with botanical and popular synonyms. .. Comp. from the most authentic sources by A. B. Lyons. Detroit, Nelson, Baker & Co., 1900. url p. 120.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 101, p. 255.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 101, p. 255.
- Preliminary report on the forest and other vegetation of Pegu. CalcuttaC.B. Lewis, Baptist Mission Press1875 url p. 44, p. 47, p. 60.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 142, p. 143, p. 179, p. 242, p. 392, p. 7, p. 713.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria. Melbourne: The Society, 1889- url p. 153.
- Proceedings of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 1999 [San Diego, Calif.]: San Diego Society of Natural History, 1990- url p. 26.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 6 1883 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 473, p. 675, p. 861.
- Report of the proceedings of the third entomological meeting: held at Pusa on the 3rd to 15th February 1919 / edited by T. Bainbrigge Fletcher. Calcutta: Supt. of Government Printing, 1920. url p. 318.
- Report of the proceedings of the. .. Entomological Meeting. Calcutta: Superintendent government printing, India, 1917-23. url p. 318, p. 844.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 113, p. 138.
- Report on the work of the Horn Scientific Expedition to Central Australia / London: Dulau, 1896. url .
- Scientific Japan, past and present, prepared [by the National Research Council of Japan] in connection with the third Pan-Pacific Science Congress, Tokyo, 1926. Kyoto[1926?] url p. 96.
- Sketch of the forestry of West Africa with particular reference to its present principal commercial products. London, S. Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1887. url , .
- Some account of the fauna and flora of Sinai, Petra, and Wa?dy 'Arabah, London, Pub. for the Committee of the Palestine exploration fund by A. P. Watt, 1891. url , , , .
- Species Blancoanae: a critical revision of the Philippine species of plants described by Blanco and by Llanos /by E.D. Merrill. 1918 Manila: Bureau of Printing, 1918. url p. 180.
- Stray feathers. Journal of ornithology for India and its dependencies. Calcutta: s.n., 1872-1899. url p. 23.
- The Great Rift Valley: being the narrative of a journey to Mount Kenya and Lake Baringo: with some account of the geology, natural history, anthropology and future prospects of British East Africa / J.W. Gregory. London: J. Murray, 1896. url p. 391.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url , , p. 238, p. 268, p. 467, p. 518, p. 542, p. 768.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 105.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 41 1912-13 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 112, p. 144, p. 148, p. 158, p. 173, p. 203, p. 294, p. 311, p. 332, p. 40, p. 545, p. 575, p. 65.
- The Leguminosae of Porto Rico. By J. Perkins. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1907. url p. 175.
- The Philippine journal of science. 5 1910 Manila. url p. 69, p. 70, p. 81.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. 2 1879 London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 114.
- The flora of the Northern Territory, Melbourne, McCarron, Bird & Co., Printers, 1917. url , , .
- The flora of the presidency of Bombay / By Theodore Cooke. London: Taylor and Francis, 1903-08. url .
- The flowering plants of Western India. London, W. H. Allen url p. 80, p. 97.
- The journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1832-1936 url p. 201, p. 303, p. 84.
- The useful native plants of Australia, (including Tasmania) by J. H. Maiden. Sydney, Turner and Henderson, 1889. url p. 142, p. 204.
- The vegetable kingdom: or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the natural system / by John Lindley. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1846. url p. 548.
- The vegetable kingdom; or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, LondonBradbury & Evans1853 url p. 548.
- Thwaites, G. H. K. Enumeratio plantarum Zeylaniae =An enumeration of Ceylon plants, with descriptions of the new and little known genera and species, observations on their habitats, uses, native names, etc. /by G.H.K. Thwaites; assisted in the identification of the species and synonymy by J.D. Hooker. 1864 London: Dulau, 1864 [i.e. 1858-1864]. url p. 84.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 201.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Royal Society of South Australia (Incorporated). Adelaide: W.C. Rigby, 1912-1937. url p. 172, p. 465.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 476.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 2 1881-87 London. url p. 19.
- Transactions of the Royal Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: Douglas & Foulis, 1888-1926. url p. 229.
- Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia. Adelaide, Australia: The Society, 1890-1903. url p. 33, p. 350, p. 70.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 1015, p. 1034, p. 547, p. 561, p. 602, p. 824, p. 835, p. 961, p. 988, p. 991.
- Viti: an account of a government mission to the Vitian or Fijian Islands in the years 1860-61. By Berthold Seemann. . Cambridge, Macmillan & Co., 1862 url p. 435.
- Wissenschaftliche ergebnisse der Deutschen Zentral-Africa-Expedition, 1907-1908: unter Führung Adolf Friedrichs, herzogs zu Mecklenburg. Leipzig: Klinkhardt & Biermann, 1910- url p. 254.
- [Publications] - Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903-1906. url p. 37.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 11, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal January 27, 2008:
- Australian National Herbarium
- , Australian National Herbarium
- Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum, Bishop Museum Natural History Specimen Data
- Herbarium of the University of Aarhus, The AAU Herbarium Database
- International Plant Genetic Resources Institute(IPGRI), The System-wide Information Network for Genetic Resources
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, NSW herbarium collection
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, Plants of Papua New Guinea
- Taiwan Biodiversity Information Facility, Magnoliophyta
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 3879210
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-3355
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13625777
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:84016-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 80167
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 565564
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: TEPU
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 65397