Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Common Yew, English Yew, English Yew;european Yew, European Yew, Robust Irish Yew, Yew
Common Names in French:
Common Names in German:
, dioecious or rarely monoecious. Leaves spirally arranged
or decussate, linear
or lanceolate, abaxial
surface with 1 stomatal
on each side of prominent
or inconspicuous midvein
, resin canal present or absent. Pollen cones solitary in leaf or bract axils, or aggregated into spikelike complexes apically on branches; microsporophylls
; pollen sacs
3-9, radially arranged or on outer side of microsporophyll and then with distinct
and abaxial surfaces; pollen nonsaccate. Seed-bearing structures solitary or paired
in axils of leaves or bracts, pedunculate
or sessile, with several overlapping or decussate bracts at base
; ovule solitary, borne at apex of floral
. Seed sessile or pedunculate, drupelike or nutlike, partially enclosed in a succulent, saccate
or cupular aril, or completely enclosed within aril; female gametophyte
abundant. Cotyledons 2. Germination epigeal, hypogeal in Torreya.
Five genera and 21 species; mainly N hemisphere (except Austrotaxus R. H. Compton: New Caledonia) ; four genera (one endemic) and 11 species (five endemic, one introduced ) in China.
ID Features: Dark green needles that end in a horny tip. Wide spreading branches with spirally arranged needles. Brown scales in stems. Reddish brown flaking bark. Red fleshy seeds.
Habit: A large evergreen shrub or small tree with wide spreading , dense branches. • Growth Form: Single Crown • Shape and Orientation: Decumbent
Flowers: Not ornamentally important. Dioecious. • Bloom Period: Mid Spring • Flower Color: Yellow • Flower Conspicuous: No
Seeds: Seed per Pound: 6400 • Seed Spread Rate: Slow • Seedling Vigor: Low • Fruit: Solitary seeds, slightly compressed , round and flessy, red. • Fruit/Seed Abundance: Low • Fruit/Seed Color: Red • Fruit/Seed Conspicuous: Yes • Cold Stratification Required: Yes
Foliage: Foliage Color: Green • Summer foliage: Spirally arranged needle-like leaves, appears to be two-ranked if grown in. shade. 0.5" to 1.25" long and up to 0.25" wide, convexed and has a prominent . midrib . Dark green color to leaves. Leave apex has a horny point . Stems have brownish scales at base . • Fall foliage: No fall color, evergreen . • Foliage Porosity Summer: Dense • Foliage Porosity Winter: Dense • Foliage Texture: Medium • Fall Conspicuous: No • Leaf Retention: Yes
Active Growth Period: Spring and Summer • Growth Rate: Slow • Mature Height (feet): 2.0 • Maximum Height at 20 Years (feet): 2 • Size: 30' to 50' tall and 20' wide. • Vegetative Spread Rate: Moderate • Lifespan: Lifespan
Landscape Uses: For parks. Gardens. In shade. Cultivars can be used as understory shrubs . Hedges . Screens . In groupings or mass plantings . Topiary. Decoration. • Liabilities: Toxic . Not as cold hardy as other Taxus. Strong winds can cause desiccation in winter months. Taxus scale. Mealybugs.
Zone 6, zone 5 in protected sites.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,582 meters (0 to 8,471 feet).
Duration: Perennial • Coppice Potential: No • Progagated by Bulbs: No • Propagated by Bare Root: Yes • Propagated by Container: Yes • Propagated by Corms: No • Propagated by Cuttings: Yes • Propagated by Seed: No • Propagated by Sod: No • Propagated by Sprigs: No • Propagated by Tubers: No • Fruit/Seed Period Begin: Summer • Fruit/Seed Period End: Fall • Fruit/Seed Persistence: No
Culture: PH adaptable. Prefers moist, well-drained, soil. Does well in sun or shade. Keep out of windswept sites. Does not like extreme cold or extreme heat. Transplants easily.
Soil: Adapted to Medium Textured: Adapted to Medium Textured Soils • Adapted to Coarse Textured Soils: Yes • Anaerobic Tolerance: None • Salinity Tolerance: Medium • CaCO3 Tolerance: Medium • Minimum pH: 5.4 • Maximum pH: 7.3 • Fertility Requirement: Medium
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun . • Shade Tolerance: Tolerant
Moisture: Drought Tolerance: High • Minimum Precipitation: 32 • Maximum Precipitation: 60 • Moisture Use: Low
Temperature: Minimum Temperature (F): -33°F. • Minimum Frost Free Days: 100 • Cold Hardiness: 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Taxus baccata eubaccata Pilg. • Taxus baccifera Theophr. Ex Bubani • Taxus communis J. Nelson • Taxus lugubris Salisb. • Taxus pectinata Gilib.
Members of the genus Taxus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 51 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
T. baccata (Common Yew) · T. baccata brevifolia (Pacific Yew) · T. baccata cuspidata (Japanese Yew) · T. baccata 'Amersfoort' (Amersfoort English Yew) · T. baccata 'Fastigiata' (English Yew) · T. baccata 'Jacksonii' (English Yew) · T. baccata 'Lutea' (English Yew) · T. baccata 'Repandens' (Repandens Spreading English Yew) · T. baccata 'Repandens Aurea' (Spreading English Yew) · T. baccata 'Standishii' (Standishii English Yew) · T. baccata 'Stricta' (Irish Yew) · T. baccata 'Watnong Gold' (English Yew) · T. brevifolia (Canadian Yew) · T. canadensis (Canada Yew) · T. cuspidata (Japanese Yew) · T. cuspidata Siebold & Zucc. forma latifolia (Pilg.) Fitsch. (Japanese Yew) · T. cuspidatavar. densa (Japanese Yew) · T. cuspidata 'Aurea' (Japanese Yew) · T. cuspidata Siebold & Zucc. 'Densiformis' (Japanese Yew) · T. cuspidata Siebold & Zucc. 'Expansa' (Japanese Yew) · T. cuspidata Siebold & Zucc. 'Hunewellii' (Japanese Yew) · T. cuspidata Siebold & Zucc. 'Intermedia' (Japanese Yew) · T. cuspidata Siebold & Zucc. 'Nana Aurea' (Japanese Yew) · T. cuspidata Siebold & Zucc. 'Prostrata' (Japanese Yew) · T. cuspidata Siebold & Zucc. 'Sieboldii' (Japanese Yew) · T. cuspidata Siebold & Zucc. 'Stricta' (Japanese Yew) · T. cuspidata 'Aurescens' (Japanese Yew) · T. cuspidata 'Capitata' (Capitata Yew) · T. cuspidata 'Dwarf Bright Gold' (Japanese Yew) · T. cuspidata 'Monloo' (Emerald Spreader Yew) · T. cuspidata 'Silver Queen' (Japanese Yew) · T. cuspidata 'Winter Jewel' (Cone Winter Jewel Japanese Yew) · T. floridana (Florida Yew) · T. jacksonii (English Yew) · T. nucifera (Japanese-Nutmeg) · T. wallichiana (Himalayan Yew) · T. x media'Flushing' (Anglo-Japanese Yew) · T. x media 'Beanpole' (Beanpole Hybrid Yew) · T. x media 'Bean Pole' (Anglojap Yew) · T. x media 'Brownii' (Anglojap Yew) · T. x media'Citation' (Citation Upright Yew) · T. x media 'Densiflora' (Anglojap Yew) · T. x media 'Densiformis' (Dense Spreading Yew) · T. x media 'Densiformis Select' (Select Dense Spreading Yew) · T. x media 'Green Mountain' (Green Mountain Yew) · T. x media 'Hicksii' (Hicks Yew) · T. x media 'Kelseyi' (Anglojap Yew) · T. x media 'Lc Bobbink' (Anglojap Yew) · T. x media 'Maureen' (Anglojap Yew) · T. x media 'Tauntonii' (Taunton`s Yew) · T. x media 'Viridis' (Columnar Yew)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A botanical exploration of the north shore of the gulf of St. Lawrence including an annotated list of the species of vascular plants, Ottawa, F. A. Acland, printer, 1922. url p. 129.
- A century of progress in the natural sciences, 1853-1953. San Francisco, 1955. url p. 390.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 640, p. 695.
- A first report on the relations between climates and crops. By Cleveland Abbe. Washington [D.C.]: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 229.
- A guide to the identification of our more useful timbers, being a manual for the use of the students of forestry. CambridgeUniversity Press1920 url p. 35, p. 47.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 180.
- A handbook of Coniferae, including Ginkgoace, by W. Dallimore and A. Bruce Jackson. With drawings by Miss G. Lister. New York, Longmans, Green, 1923. url p. 62, p. 63, p. 70, p. 71, p. 72.
- A handbook of systematic botany; with a revision of the fungi, by E. Knoblauch; tr. and ed. by M.C. Potter. London, Swan url p. 261, p. 262.
- A manual of botany for Indian forest students, by R. S. Hole. Calcutta, Superintendent Government Printing, India, 1909. url p. 245.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url , .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 890.
- A manual of the timbers of the world: their characteristics and uses: to which is appended an account by S. Fitzgerald of the artificial seasoning of timber. London: Macmillan, 1920. url , , .
- A manual of veterinary hygiene. New York: W. R. Jenkins, 1911. url , .
- A naturalist in the Bahamas, John I. Northrop, October 12, 1861-June 25, 1891; a memorial volume / edited with a biographical introd. New YorkColumbia University Press1910 url p. 254.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: John I. Northrop, October 12 1861 - June 25, 1891; a memorial volume, ed., with a biographical introduction by Henry Fairfield Osborn. New York, The Columbia university press[c1910] url p. 254.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: New York, Columbia University Press[c1910] url .
- A second supplement to, and summary of Stewart and Corry's flora of the North-east of Ireland / compiled by Sylvanus Wear, with an introduction by R. Lloyd Praeger. Belfast: Belfast Naturalists' Field Club, 1923. url p. 90.
- A text-book of botany, by Dr. Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck, Ludwig Jost [and] Dr. George Karsten. LondonMacmillan1912 url p. 741.
- A text-book of botany, by Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. Fritz Noll. .. [and] Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1908. url p. 490, p. 711, p. 717, p. 746.
- A textbook of botany for colleges / by William F. Ganong. New York: Macmillan, 1927. url p. 523, p. 602.
- A textbook of botany for colleges. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 523, p. 602.
- A university text-book of botany. New York, Macmillan, 1910. url p. 339, p. 340, p. 341, p. 343, p. 345, p. 577.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 5.
- An environmental profile of the Black Sea Coast WCMC url p. 63, p. 67.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 1350, p. 1459, p. 363.
- An illustrated encyclopaedia of gardening, by Walter P. Wright London, J. M. Dent & sons, ltd.; url p. 301.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions, from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia, and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102d meridian, New York, Scribner[c1913] url .
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 82.
- An introduction to the chemistry of plant products by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921-22. url p. 268.
- An introduction to the structure and reproduction of plants, London, G. Bell and sons ltd., 1920. url , , , , .
- An outline of plant geography, by Douglas Houghton Campbell. New York, The Macmillan company, 1926. url p. 390, p. 46.
- Andorra hand-book [of trees and shrubs] Philadelphia url p. 167, p. 19, p. 20.
- Annotated CITES Appendices and Reservations CITES, WCMC url p. 118.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 216.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 216.
- Aristocrats of the garden, Garden City, N. Y., Doubleday, Page & company, 1917. url .
- Aristocrats of the garden, by Ernest H. Wilson. .. Garden City, N. Y., Doubleday, Page & company[c1917] url p. 136, p. 136, p. 311, p. 311.
- Asiatic herpetological research. 3 1990 Berkeley, Calif.: Asiatic Herpetological Research Society; c1990- url p. 11, figs. 5-6, page 46, p. 76.
- Aspects of plant life; with special reference to the British flora. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1921. url p. 165, p. 47.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 59 1996 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 138, p. 28.
- Beautiful and rare trees & plants. London, C. Scribner's Sons[pref. 1903] url .
- Beautiful flowering trees and shrubs for British and Irish gardens / by John Weathers. London: Simpkin, Marshall, [1903?] url p. 144.
- Beautiful gardens: how to make and maintain them / by Walter P. Wright. -- London; Cassell and company, 1909. url p. 97.
- Beautiful home surroundings. Framingham, Mass., Framingham nurseries, c1918 url p. 54.
- Beeton's Dictionary of everyday gardening. .. to which is added a monthly calendar of garden work throughout the year. London, Ward, Lock, 1909. url p. 211, p. 370, p. 575.
- Bibliographical contributions from the Lloyd library, Cincinnati, Ohio. Cincinnati, Ohio, Lloyd Library. url p. 602.
- Biltmore Nursery, Biltmorse, N.C. [North Carolina?: The Nursery?], c1912 url p. 18.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 151, p. 249.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 5, October 1990: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN url p. 182.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 141, p. 189, p. 258, p. 275, p. 70, p. 75, p. 86, p. 97.
- Botany of the living plant, by F. O. Bower. London, Macmillan and Co., limited, 1919. url p. 302.
- Botany of the living plant, by F.O. Bower. In the third edition he was assisted by J.M.F. Drummond, and George Bond, in this fourth edition by C.W. Wardlaw. London, Macmillan and Co., ltd., 1947. url p. 527.
- Botany of the living plant. London, Macmillan, 1919. url p. 302.
- British flowering plants. By W. F. Kirby. With 120 coloured plates, showing the most important characters of each plant figured; and 119 illustrations in the text. London, Sidney Appleton, 1906. url p. 137, p. 177, p. 177, p. 211, p. 215.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url .
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 333, p. 333, p. 334.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , .
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 31 1931 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 1, p. 183.
- Bulletin - Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. Amherst, : Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station, 1907-1974. url p. 56, p. 67, p. 68, p. 77, p. 77.
- Bulletin Harrisburg, Pa.: The Department, - url .
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url , p. 245, p. 250, p. 75.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 40, p. 41.
- Carotenoids, by Paul Karrer and Ernst Jucker. Translated and rev. by Ernest A. Braude. New York, Elsevier Pub. Co., 1950. url p. 116, p. 222, p. 374, p. 73.
- Carotenoids, their comparative biochemistry. New York, Chemical Pub. Co., 1954. url p. 32, p. 339.
- Carotinoids and related pigments: the chromolipoids. New York: The Chemical Catalog Company, Inc., 1922. url p. 216, p. 249, p. 314, p. 59, p. 86.
- Catalogue of publications relating to forestry in the Library of the United States Department of agriculture. [Washington, D.C.:s.n.], 1912. url p. 105.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 106, p. 160, p. 177, p. 178, p. 206, p. 238, p. 291, p. 333, p. 335, p. 407, p. 43, p. 461, p. 56, p. 58, p. 649, p. 657, p. 726, p. 766, p. 767, p. 779, p. 781, p. 8, p. 842, p. 865, p. 899, p. 944.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 1039, p. 106, p. 160, p. 177, p. 178, p. 206, p. 238, p. 291, p. 333, p. 335, p. 407, p. 43, p. 461, p. 56, p. 58, p. 649, p. 657, p. 766, p. 767, p. 779, p. 781, p. 8, p. 842, p. 865, p. 899.
- Catalogue of the library of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University / compiled under the direction of Charles Sprague Sargent by Ethelyn Maria Tucker. Cambridge: Printed at the Cosmos Press, 1914-1933. url p. 214, p. 360, p. 367, p. 411, p. 458, p. 491.
- Checklist of CITES Species CITES, WCMC url p. 308.
- Checklist of CITES Species: a reference to the appendices to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora CITES url p. 330.
- Children's gardens for school and home: a manual of cooperative gardening / by Louise Klein Miller. New York: Appleton, 1904. url p. 205, p. 205.
- Chinese economic trees, [Shanghai]Printed by the Commercial Press, Ltd. url , , p. 43, p. 9.
- Clonal propagation of endangered native plants rhododendron chapmanii gray, taxus floridana nutt., and torreya taxifolia arn. / by Lee Roy Barnes Jr. 1985. url p. 18, p. 19, p. 31, p. 48, p. 60, p. 69, p. 70, p. 73.
- Colour in my garden, by Louise Beebe Wilder. Illustrated in colour, by Anna Winegar. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1918. url p. 370.
- Commercial gardening, a practical & scientific treatise for market gardeners, market growers, fruit, flower & vegetable growers, nurserymen, etc. By many practical specialists under the editorship of John Weathers. London, The Gresham publishing company, 1913. url , p. 64.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url p. 312, p. 449.
- Coniferous trees for profit & ornament: being a concise description of each species and variety, with the most recently approved nomenclature, list of synonyms, and best methods of cultivation / by A. D. Webster. London: Constable and Co., 1918. url , , , , .
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url , , .
- Contributions to the knowledge of the life history of Pinus with special reference to sporogenesis, the development of the gametophytes and fertilization. By Margaret C. Ferguson... Washington, D. C., The Academy, 1904. url p. 10, p. 141, p. 147, p. 99.
- Current bibliography for aquatic sciences and fisheries. London, Taylor & Francis ltd. url p. 133.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1773, p. 1835, p. 1836, p. 276.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 147, p. 204, p. 412, p. 420, p. 431, p. 441, p. 474.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 698, p. 780.
- Diseases of cattle, sheep, goats and swine / by G. Moussu and Jno. A. W. Dollar. Chicago: American Veterinary Pub.Co., 1920. url p. 226, p. 784.
- Diseases of cultivated plants and trees / by George Massee. New York: Macmillan, [1910?] url p. 410, p. 601.
- Diversions of a naturalist / New York: Macmillan Co., 1915. url , .
- Diversions of a naturalist / by Ray Lankester. London: Methuen, 1915. url , p. 310.
- Diversions of a naturalist / by Sir Ray Lankester. With a frontispiece in colour and forty-three other illustrations. London: Methuen, 1919. url , p. 310.
- Diversions of a naturalist by Sir Ray Lankester. .. With a frontispiece in colour and forty-three other illustrations. New York: The Macmillian Company, 1915. url , p. 310.
- Diversions of a naturalist. LondonMethuen url , p. 310.
- Dudley memorial volume, containing a paper by William Russel Dudley and appreciations and contributions in his memory by friends and colleagues. .. Stanford University, Cal., The University, 1913. url .
- Dwarf and slow-growing conifers, by Murray Hornibrook. London, "Country Life", 1923. url p. 158, p. 161, p. 163.
- Early British botanists and their gardens, based on unpublished writings of Goodyer, Tradescant, and others, by R. T. Gunther. With nine plates and twenty-one other illustrations. Oxford, Printed by F. Hall for the author at the University Press, 1922. url p. 108, p. 195.
- Elementary notes on conifers. LondonOxford University Press1920 url p. 28, p. 28, p. 29, p. 29.
- Embryogenesis in plants. London, Methuen; url p. 210, p. 212, p. 348, p. 352, p. 356, p. 379.
- Enquiry into plants and minor works on odoùrs and weather signs, London, G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1916. url p. 465, p. 493.
- Essentials of college botany / by Charles E. Bessey and Ernest A. Bessey. New York: Henry Holt and Company, c1914. url p. 150.
- Essentials of college botany, by Charles E. Bessey. .. and Ernst A. Bessey. .. 8th ed. of The essentials of botany entirely rewritten; with 260 diagrammatic illustrations. New York, H. Holt, [c1914] url p. 150.
- Eton nature-study and observational lessons, by Matthew Davenport Hill, . .. and Wilfred Mark Webb, . .. With a foreword by the Rev. Edmond Warre, . .. Part I-[II]. London, Duckworth & Co., 1903-1904. url p. 153, p. 154.
- Extraction of zygnematacean zygospores from lake sediments and their potential as paleo-indicators of lake acidification: R.A.C. Project No. 464G / prepared for Environment Ontario by P.A. Zippi. .. [et al.]. [Toronto]: Environment Ontario, 1991. url p. 4.
- Familiar trees and their leaves, described and illustrated by F. Schuyler Mathews, with illus. in colors and over two hundred drawings by the author, and an introd. by L.H. Bailey. Ed. in colors. 1911 New YorkD. Appleton1911 url p. 300, p. 331.
- Familiar trees, with coloured plates by W.H.J. Boot and A. Fairfax Muckley and plain plates from photographs and micro-photographs. LondonCassell1906-07 url p. 168.
- Field and woodland plants / by W. S. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, and Co., 1909 url p. 77.
- First book of Indian botany. London, Macmillan, 1907. url p. 295.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , .
- Flora of Derbyshire: flowering plants, higher cryptogams, mosses and hepatics, Characeae. London, Bemrose & Sons Ltd., 1903. url p. 12, p. 16.
- Flora of Guatemala / by Paul C. Standley and Julian A. Steyermark. 24 1958 Chicago: Chicago Museum of Natural History, 1958. url p. 61.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 110.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 103.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url , p. 102.
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 89.
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url , , , , , , , .
- Flowering plants of the Riviera: a sescriptive account of 1800 of the more interesting species / by H. Stuart Thompson; with an introduction on Riviera vegetation by A. G. Tansley London; New York: Longmans, Green, 1914. url p. 242.
- Forest entomology, by A.T. Gillanders. .. Edinburgh, W. Blackwood and Sons, 1912. url p. 227.
- Forest entomology. EdinburghW. Blackwood1908 url p. 266.
- Forestry for woodmen, by C. O. Hanson. Oxford, Clarendon press, 1921. url p. 175.
- Forestry: some practical notes on forestry suitable for New South Wales. Conifers, by J.H Maiden. .. Sydney, W.A. Gullick, 1908. url p. 12.
- Garden trees and shrubs illustrated in colour. By Walter P. Wright. London: Headley brothers,  url p. 332.
- Gardeners' chronicle of America. New York: Chronicle Press, 1905-1950. url p. 255, p. 290, p. 640.
- Gardening for amateurs; a simple, complete, and practical guide for garden lovers, edited by H. H. Thomas. Illustrated by twenty-four coloured plates and many hundreds of photographs and sketches. New York: Funk and Wagnalls company,  url p. 862, p. 892.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url , , , .
- Gardening in California, San Francisco, A. M. Robertson, 1914. url p. 164.
- Gardening in California, landscape and flower, by John McLaren... San Francisco, A.M. Robertson, 1909. url p. 163, p. 163.
- Gardens near the sea; the making and care of gardens on or near the coast with reference also to lawns and grounds and to trees and shrubbery, New York, Frederick A. Stokes company[c1910] url , .
- General embryological information service. Utrecht, Hubrecht Laboratory. url p. 88, p. 95.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1992 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 1339, p. 34, p. 890.
- Ground beetles (Carabidae) of Fennoscandia: a zoogeographic study / by Carl H. Lindroth; Joachim Adis, scientific editor. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1989- url p. 225.
- Guide to the Economic Museum of the New York Botanical Garden. New York, 1921. url p. 110.
- Gymnosperms; structure and evolution, by Charles Joseph Chamberlain. .. with 397 figures. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press url p. 245, p. 289, p. 300, p. 315, p. 350, p. 439, p. 459.
- Hand-list of Coniferae, grown in the Royal Botanic Gardens. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off. by Darling1903 url p. 144, p. 3, p. 5, p. 7, p. 9.
- Hand-list of Coniferae: grown in the Royal botanic gardens. London: Printed for H. M. Stationery off. by Darling & son, Ltd., 1903. url p. 3, p. 5, p. 7, p. 9.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Mller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 341, p. 537.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 417.
- Holly, yew & box, with notes on other evergreens, by W. Dallimore, and 175 illustrations. The descriptions of the varieties of the common holly are based on the monograph by Thomas Moore. London, John Lane company, 1908. url p. 153, p. 281, p. 282.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url , p. 126, p. 13, p. 135, p. 157, p. 161, p. 272, p. 304, p. 306, p. 393, p. 512.
- How to attract and protect wild birds tr. by Emma S. Buchheim, with an introduction by Her Grace the Duchess of Bedford. London, Witherby, 1917. url p. 70.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 248.
- IUCN Directory of South Asian Protected Areas IUCN url p. 154, p. 293.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- Indian trees: an account of trees, shrubs, woody climbers, bamboos, and palms indigenous or commonly cultivated in the British Indian empire / London: A. Constable, 1906. url p. 696.
- Intracellular pangenesis, including a paper on fertilization and hybridization, by Hugo de Vries. .. tr. from the German by C. Stuart Gager. Chicago, The Open Court Publishing Co., 1910. url p. ix.
- Introduction to plant geography and some related sciences. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1960. url p. 633, p. 639.
- Introduction to the chemistry of plant products, by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green and co., 1913. url p. 259.
- Introduction to the systematy of Indian trees. LondonOxford University Press1921 url p. 50.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 28.
- Iowa parks. Conservation of Iowa historic, scenic and scientific areas. Also, a description of numerous areas suitable for public state parks, with reasons for their preservation. Report of the State board of con Pub. by the state of Iowa. Des Moines url p. 46.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , p. 96.
- Irish gardening. Dublin: Pub. Office, 1906-1922 url p. 133, p. 140, p. 151, p. 189.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 170.
- Journal of forestry. Washington: Society of American Foresters, 1917- url p. 844.
- Journal of the International Garden Club. New York, International garden club. url p. 382.
- Lake Superior. [With a narrative of the tour by J. Elliot Cabot. Huntington, N.Y.]R. E. Krieger Pub. Co., 1974 [c1850] url p. 165, p. 180.
- Landscape garden series, ed. by Ralph Rodney Root. Davenport, Ia.: The Garden Press,  url p. 11.
- Life and letters of Sir Joseph Dalton Hooker, O.M., G.C.S.I.: based on materials collected and arranged by Lady Hooker / by Leonard Huxley. London: J. Murray, 1918. url p. 472.
- Life-like forms in meteorites and the problems of environmental control on the morphology of fossil and recent protobionta / consulting editor, Bartholomew Nagy; conference chairman, J. Joseph Lynch; authors, E. Anders [et al.] New York: The Academy, 1963. url p. 592.
- List of rare, threatened and endemic plants in Europe (1982 edition) Council of Europe url p. 30, p. 32, p. 51, p. 53.
- List of trees, shrubs, and principal climbers, etc., recorded from Burma: with vernacular names / by J.H. Lace. Rangoon, Burma: Supt., Govt. Print., 1922. url p. 168, p. 206.
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url p. 3, p. 3.
- London parks and gardens, by the Honble Mrs. Evelyn Cecil (Alicia Amherst). .. With illustrations by Lady Victoria Manners. .. New York: Dutton, 1907. url p. 374.
- London trees. Being an account of the trees that succeed in London, with a descriptive account of each species and notes on their comparative value and cultivation. With guide to where the finest London trees may b by A. D. Webster. London, The Swarthmore Press, 1920. url p. 210, p. 218, p. ix.
- MAB Biosphere Reserves: Site Descriptions, post compilation 5 (October 1990) UNESCO MAB Programme url , .
- Manual of gardening: a practical guide to the making of home grounds and the growing of flowers, fruits, and vegetables for home use / New York: Macmillan Co., 1911. url .
- Manual of gardening; a practical guide to the making of home grounds and the growing of flowers, fruits, and vegetables for home use, New York, The Macmillan Company, 1917. url .
- Manual of the trees of North America (exclusive of Mexico) by Charles Sprague Sargent, with seven hundred and eighty-three illustrations from drawings by Charles Edward Faxon and Mary W. Gill. Boston and New York, Houghton Mifflin company, 1922. url p. 909, p. 909, p. 93, p. 93.
- Matson and Roth family history, a love of ships, horses and gardens: and related material, Lurline Matson Roth; tape recorded interview conducted by Suzanne B. Riess in 1980-1981. Regional Oral History Office, The Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley, California, 1982: url p. 211.
- Memoirs of the Horticultural Society of New York. [New York]: The Society, c1904-c1927. url p. 141.
- Michigan bird life, a list of all the bird species known to occur in the state together with an outline of their classification and an account of the life history of each species, wtih special reference to its relation t [Lansing]Michigan Agricultural College, 1912. url .
- Michigan bird life: a list of all the bird species known to occur in the State together with an outline of their classification and an account of the life history of each species, with special reference to its relation t by Walter Bradford Barrows. Lansing: Michigan Agricultural College, 1912. url p. 3.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url p. 14.
- Morphology of gymnosperms, Chicago, University of Chicago Press[c1917] url , .
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 81.
- Mycotrophy in plants; lectures on the biology of mycorrhizae and related structures. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Co., 1950. url p. 26, p. 55.
- Nature Reserves of the Himalaya and the Mountains of Central Asia IUCN url p. 185, p. 192, p. 196, p. 419, p. 470.
- North American trees: being descriptions and illustrations of the trees growing independently of cultivation in North America, north of Mexico and the West Indies / New York: H. Holt and Co., 1908. url , .
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url .
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 625.
- Ornamental shrubs of the United States (hardy, cultivated) Cincinnati [etc]American Book Company[c1910] url , .
- Our northern shrubs and how to identify them: a handbook for the nature-lover / New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1922, c1903. url , , .
- Our trees, how to know them: photographs from nature by Arthur I. Emerson, with a guide to their recognition at any season of the year and notes on their characteristics, distribution, and culture. PhiladelphaiJ.B. Lippincott url p. 295, p. xvii.
- Oxford gardens, based upon Daubeny's Popular guide to the physick garden of Oxford: with notes on the gardens of the colleges and on the University park, by R. T. Gnther. Oxford: Parker & son; [etc., etc.], 1912. url p. 259, p. 36, p. 37.
- Photosynthesis / by H. A. Spoehr. New York: The Chemical catalog company, inc., 1926. url p. 174.
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 144, p. 316, p. 680.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 37, p. 46, p. 488, p. 489.
- Plant physiology; a textbook for colleges and universities, by Bernard S. Meyer. .. and Donald B. Anderson. .. New York, D. Van Nostrand Company, inc., 1939. url p. 177, p. 237.
- Plant succession; an analysis of the development of vegetation, Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1916. url .
- Plant-geography upon a physiological basis. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1903. url p. 563.
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos. by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url .
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall. .. with 74 full-page illustrations, 24 being from photographs by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London: A. & C. Black, ltd., 1915. url p. 185, p. 378.
- Plant-life, ill. by the author and C.F. Newall. London, Black, 1915. url p. 378.
- Plant-life, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos, by the author and 50 in colour from drawings London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url , .
- Plantae Wilsonianae; an enumeration of the woody plants collected in western China for the Arnold arboretum of Harvard university during the years 1907, 1908, and 1910, by E. H. Wilson, ed. by Charles Sprague Sargent. Cambridge, University Press, 1913-17. url p. 3, p. 658, p. 659, p. 659, p. 8, p. 9.
- Plants and their uses; an introduction to botany, by Frederick Leroy Sargent with numerous illustrations. New York, H. Holt and company, 1913. url p. 213, p. 213.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 39.
- Plants poisonous to live stock / Cambridge: University Press, 1917. url , .
- Plants poisonous to live stock, by Harold C. Long. .. Cambridge: University press, 1917. url p. 104, p. 119, p. 73.
- Plants poisonous to live stock. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1917. url , , p. 73.
- Poisonous plants of Canada / [Ottawa]: Agriculture Canada, 1990. url p. 79.
- Poisonous plants of all countries, by A. Bernhard-Smith. London, Baillire, Tindall & Cox, 1923. url p. 46.
- Poisonous plants of all countries. With the active, chemical principles which they contain; and the toxic symptoms produced by each group. Bristol [Eng.]J. Wright, 1905. url .
- Poisonous plants of the Midwest / [Urbana]: Dept. of Landscape Architecture, University of Illinois, 1983. url p. 11.
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 242, p. 242, p. 465, p. 465, p. 496, p. 496, p. 497, p. 497.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 211, p. 252, p. 75.
- Practical botany, by F. Cavers. .. London, W.B. Clive, University Tutorial Press Ld, 1911. url p. 383.
- Practical foresty; a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament. LondonW. Rider[pref.1917] url p. 136, p. 137, p. 138.
- Practical landscape gardening: the importance of careful planning, locating the house, arrangement of walks and drives, construction of walks and drives, lawns and terraces, how to plant a property, laying out a flower garden, arch New York, A.T. De La Mare Company, inc., 1916. url .
- Practical landscape gardening; the importance of careful planning, locating the house, arrangement of walks and drives, construction of walks and drives, lawns and terraces, how to plant a property, laying out a flower garden, arch by Robert B. Cridland. New York, A.T. De La Mare Company, inc., 1918. url p. 265, p. 267.
- Price list of chemical and bacteriological apparatus, chemicals and reagents manufactured and sold by Baird [and] Tatlock (London) Ltd. London, Baird [and] Tatlock, 1914. url p. 849.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url , p. 115.
- Proceedings of the International conference on plant hardiness and acclimatization, 1907, held in the rooms of the American institute of the city of New York and in the Museum building of the New York botanical garden, october 1st to 3rd, 1907. [New York?]c1910. url p. 141.
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 162, p. 164, p. 196, p. 29, p. 35, p. 36, p. 38, p. 39, p. 79.
- Rock gardening for amateurs, by H. H. Thomas assisted by S. Arnott; beautifully illustrated with twelve direct colour photographs by H. Essenhigh Corke, sixty-four half-tone plates and numerous sketches. London, Cassell and company, limited, 1914. url p. 276.
- Roosevelt wild life bulletin. .. of the Roosevelt Life Forest Experiment Station of the New York College of Forestry at Syracuse University. Syracuse, N.Y.: The University, c1922- url p. 88.
- Sargent, C. S. Plantae Wilsonianae: an enumeration of the woody plants collected in western China for the Arnold arboretum of Harvard university during the years 1907, 1908, and 1910 /by E. H. Wilson, ed. by Charles Sprague Sargent. 2 1916 Cambridge: The University press, 1913-17. url p. 3, p. 659, p. 659, p. 8, p. 9.
- Science progress in the twentieth century: a quarterly journal of scientific work & thought. London: John Murray, 1906-1916. url p. 322, p. 340.
- Scientific side-lights, illustrating thousands of topics by selections from standard works of the masters of science throughout the world. .. comp. by James C. Fernald. and London, Funk & Wagnalls company, 1903  url p. 22.
- Seaside planting of trees and shrubs. By Alfred Gaut, F.R.H.S. Illustrated from photographs by Frank Sutcliffe. London, C. Scribner's sons, 1907. url p. 98.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde fr Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 24.
- Shade and ornamental trees of California, by Merritt B. Pratt, state forester. Sacramento?1922? url p. 132, p. 42, p. 42, p. 43.
- Shade gardens / by Oliver E. Allen and the editors of Time-Life Books. Alexandria, Va.: Time-Life Books, c1979. url p. 143.
- Special report on diseases of cattle. By Drs. Atkinson, Dickson, Eichhorn, Hickman, Law, Lowe, Marsh, Mohler, Murray, Pearson, Ransom, Trumbower, and Woodward. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1923. url p. 65.
- Species and varieties, their origin by mutation; lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo De Vries. .. ed. by Daniel Trembly Mac Dougal. .. Chicago, The Open court publishing company; [etc., etc.]1905. url p. 169, p. 171.
- Species and varieties; their origin by mutation. Lectures delivered at the University of California. Edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago: Open Court, 1906, [c1904] url p. 169.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 130, p. 251, p. 490, p. 534.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 566, p. 594, p. 602, p. 773, p. 799, p. 97.
- Studies in fossil botany. London, Black, 1920-23. url p. 311.
- Studies of trees / by J. J. Levison. New York: J. Wiley & sons, 1914. url p. 123, p. 250.
- Studies of trees / by J.J. Levison. New York: J. Wiley, 1914. url p. 123, p. 250.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, Flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / by H. Stuart Thompson; with 33 coloured plates (168 figures) by George Flemwell. London: Dutton, 1912. url p. 305, p. 323.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / [London]: E.P. Dutton & Co., 1912. url .
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 129, p. 347, p. 406, p. 5, p. 588, p. 772.
- Text-book of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 292, p. 43.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1920] url p. 292, p. 292, p. 43.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 2200, p. 34, p. 698, p. 700, p. 702, p. 706.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 48.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 10, p. 106, p. 11, p. 18, p. 252, p. 257, p. 287, p. 288, p. 29, p. 308, p. 313, p. 367, p. 407, p. 440, p. 558, p. 733, p. 796, p. 815, p. 825, p. 84, p. 871, p. 918.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 445.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement shown by existing examples of gardens in Great Britain and Ireland, followed by a description of the plants, shrubs, and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. London: J. Murray, 1911. url p. 884.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 128, p. 141, p. 149, p. 17, p. 19, p. 24.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 40 1980 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 392.
- The Horse: its treatment in health and disease, with a complete guide to breeding, training and management / edited by J. Wortley Axe. London: Gresham, 1905-1987. url , , p. 55, p. 55.
- The International Phytogeographical Excursion in the British Isles (1911): a record and some notes by various phytogeographers who took part in the excursion. Cambridge: New phytologist, 1913. url p. 39, p. 49.
- The National Collection of Coccidae / by C.L. Marlatt. Washington: G.P.O., 1908. url p. 55.
- The Nature-study review: devoted to all phases of nature-study in elementary schools. Lancaster, Pa.: [M.A. Bigelow], 1905- url p. 23.
- The Philippine journal of science. 6 1911 Manila. url p. 166, p. 324, p. 442, p. 589.
- The Pliocene floras of the Dutch-Prussian border, 's-Gravenhage, M. Nijhoff, 1915. url .
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 234, p. 305, p. 550, p. 58, p. 597, p. 656, p. 690, p. 788, p. 92.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 45.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 49.
- The anatomy of woody plants, by Edward Charles Jeffrey. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press url p. 346, p. 346.
- The art & craft of garden making / Thomas H. Mawson. London: B.T. Batsford;  url p. 260, p. 290.
- The bacteriology of diphtheria, including sections on the history, epidemiology and pathology of the disease, the mortality caused by it, the toxins and antitoxins and the serum disease, by F. Loeffler, Arthur Newsholme, F. B. Mallory, G. S. Graham-Smith, George Dean, William H. Park, Charles F. Bolduan. Ed. by G. H. F. Nuttall and G. S. Graham-Smith Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1913 url p. 262, p. 291.
- The book of hardy flowers; a simple and complete descriptive guide to the cultivation in gardens of the trees and shrubs, perennial and annual flowers, that are hardy, or are suitable for planting out-of-doors in summer in temp Ed. by H. H. Thomas. .. Beautifully illustrated with thirty-two direct color photographs by H. Essenhigh Corke and sixty-four half-tone plates. 1915 New York, Funk & Wagnalls company; [etc., etc.] url p. 433, p. 434.
- The book of shrubs, by George Gordon. London andJ. Lane, 1903. url .
- The care of trees in lawn, street and park. With a list of trees and shrubs for decorative use. New YorkHolt1910 url p. 245.
- The classification of flowering plants. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1904-25. url p. 112, p. 93.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 114, p. 322, p. 322, p. 327, p. 327, p. 339, p. 339.
- The complete grazier and farmers' and cattlebreeders' assistant. .. originally written by William Youatt. .. considerably enlarged and mainly rewritten in 1893 and 1900 by William Fream. .. London, C. Lockwood and son, 1908. url p. 860.
- The complete home landscape, by Arthur J. Jennings, in collaboration with Leonard H. Johnson. New York, A. T. De La Mare, 1924. url p. 144, p. 146.
- The conifers and taxads of Japan. Issued December 30, 1916. CambridgeUniversity Press1916 url p. 10, p. 11, p. 13, p. 9.
- The cultivated evergreens; a handbook of the coniferous and most important broad-leaved evergreens planted for ornament in the United States and Canada, edited by L. H. Bailey. London, Macmillan & co., ltd., 1923. url p. 119, p. 409, p. 412, p. 76.
- The encyclopedia of gardening. A dictionary of cultivated plants, etc., giving in alphabetical sequence the culture and propagation of hardy and half-hardy plants, trees and shrubs, orchids, ferns, fruit, vegetables, hothouse and g London, W. H. & L. Collingridge url .
- The essentials of botany, New York, H. Holt and company[c1914] url .
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 99.
- The fundamentals of fruit production, by Victor Ray Gardner, Frederick Charles Bradford and Henry Daggett Hooker, jr. New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1922. url p. 27.
- The garden beautiful in California; Los Angeles, Cal., Cultivator publishing co., 1915. url p. 46.
- The gardener's companion. With an introduction by Lady Alwyne Compton. London: Mills & Boon,  url p. 129.
- The gardener's third year, trees, vines and shrubs, by Alfred Bates; illustrations by the author. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1941. url p. 290.
- The geography of plants / by M. E. Hardy. Oxford: Clarendon press, 1920. url p. 317, p. 327, p. 327.
- The identification of trees & shrubs; how to recognize, without previous knowledge of botany, wild or garden trees and shrubs native to the north temperate zone, with 2, 500 diagrams made by the author. New York, Dutton url p. 288, p. 53.
- The international bibliography of electron microscopy. New York[1959-1962] url p. 380.
- The lipids, their chemistry and biochemistry. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1951-57. url p. 574, p. 905.
- The mutation theory; experiments and observations on the origin of species in the vegetable kingdom, by Hugo de Vries. .. tr. by Prof. J. B. Farmer and A. D. Darbishire. .. Chicago, Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1909-10. url , .
- The natural history & antiquities of Selborne in the county of Southampton, by Gilbert White, with illustrations in colour by George Edward Collins... London: Macmillan and co., limited, 1911. url p. 389.
- The relative value of the processes causing evolution, The Hague, M. Nijhoff, 1921. url , , p. 124, p. 51.
- The romance of our trees, by Ernest H. Wilson, illustrated from photographs. Garden City, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1920. url p. 277.
- The silviculture of Indian trees. Published under the authority of His Majesty's Secretary of State for India in Council. OxfordClarendon Press1921 url , .
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1181, p. 2703, p. 3314, p. 3315, p. 3316, p. 352, p. 372, p. 380, p. 715.
- The study of the evergreens in the public schools. Prepared by Clarence M. Weed, under the direction of F.W. Rane, state forester. Boston, Wright & Potter Printing Co., State Printers, 1908. url p. 26.
- The timbers of commerce and their identification, London, W. Rider & son, limited, 1918. url , , , .
- The tree book: A popular guide to a knowledge of the trees of North America and to their uses and cultivation / New York: Doubleday, Page, 1920. url p. 575.
- The tree book: a popular guide to a knowledge of the trees of North America and to their uses and cultivation / Garden City: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 575.
- The trees of Great Britain & Ireland / by Henry John Elwes and Augustine Henry. Edinburgh: Priv. print., 1906-13. url , p. 100, p. 111, p. 112, p. 113, p. 118, p. 1469.
- The trees, shrubs, and plants of Virgil, [New York, B. H. Blackwell;1920. url p. 123, p. 149.
- Timber. LondonConstable1908 url p. 349.
- Timbers and their uses; a handbook for woodworkers, merchants, and all interested in the conversion and use of timber, London, E. P. Dutton & Co., 1919. url , .
- Town planting and the trees, shrubs, herbaceous and other plants that are best adapted for resisting smoke. London: E.P. Dutton & co.,  url p. 211.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 78.
- Transactions of the Sapporo Natural History Society. Sapporo, Japan, Sapporo Natural History Society, Hokkaido Imperial University. url .
- Transpiration and the ascent of sap in plants. London, Macmillan, 1914. url p. 107, p. 126, p. 133, p. 30, p. 31, p. 41.
- Tree, Shrub & fruit seeds... S.l.:s.n., 1910? url .
- Trees & shrubs for English gardens. [London]"Country life", 1908. url p. 376.
- Trees and shrubs hardy in the British Isles / by W. J. Bean. London: J. Murray, 1916. url p. 579, p. 581, p. 582, p. 64.
- Trees and shrubs of Prospect park, New York, The Greenwich printing company[c1906] url p. 157, p. 187, p. 24, p. 39, p. 41.
- Trees and shrubs of the British Isles; native and acclimatised, LondonDent1909 url , p. 198, p. 243, p. 27, p. 28, p. 30, p. 31.
- Trees and shrubs, hardy in the British isles. LondonJ. Murray1914 url p. 579, p. 581, p. 582, p. 64.
- Trees and their life histories. Illustrated from photographs by Henry Irving. LondonCassell1909 url p. 137, p. 407.
- Trees for Long Island. [S.l.:s.n.], 1908. url p. 51.
- Trees: a woodland notebook containing observations on certain British and exotic trees / by Sir Herbert Maxwell; illustrated with photographs by Mr. Henry Irving and others. Glasgow: James Maclehose and Sons, Publishers to the University, 1915. url p. 205.
- Trees; a handbook of forest-botany for the woodlands and the laboratory Cambridge, At the University press url p. 138, p. 270.
- Types of British vegetation, Cambridge, University Press, 1911. url , , , , .
- Useful plants and drugs of Iran and Iraq / by David Hooper. With notes by Henry Field. 9 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 102, p. 176, p. 219, p. 238, p. 241.
- Vegetation of the Peak District / C. E. Moss. Cambridge: University Press, 1913. url p. 138, p. 14, p. 69, p. 71.
- Vegetation of the Peak District. Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url p. 136, p. 138, p. 14, p. 14, p. 168, p. 170, p. 69, p. 71, p. 81, p. 83, p. 87.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 1033, p. 1034, p. 430.
- Water in the physiology of plants, by A. S. Crafts, H. B. Currier and C. R. Stocking. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Co., 1949. url p. 239.
- Webster's Practical forestry: a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament / by A.D. Webster. London: W. Rider & son, limited,  url p. 136, p. 137, p. 138.
- Webster's practical forestry: a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament. By A.D. Webster. .. London, W. Rider & Son, Limited[pref. 1905] url p. 54, p. 55, p. 56, p. 92.
- Westbury nurseries and the Hicks patent treemovers... [S.l.:s.n.], 1904. url p. 44.
- Wood; a manual of the natural history and industrial applications of the timbers of commerce. LondonE. Arnold1908 url .
- Cheng Wan-chün, Fu Li-kuo & Chu Cheng-de. 1978. Taxaceae. In: Cheng Wan-chün & Fu Li-kuo, eds., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 7: 437-467.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- Conifer Database 2006.
- Conifer Database. Release date: June 5, 2008
- Conifer Specialist Group 1998. In IUCN 2008. 2008 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCNRedList.org. Downloaded July 19, 2008.
- Conifer Specialist Group 1998. Taxus baccata. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 05February2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 11, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 46 providers.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (May 01, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 11, 2007:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem, GEO Biodiversity Day
- Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien, Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien
- Forest Research Institute, Department of Natural Forests, Herbarium
- Institute of Dendrology PAS, Institute of Dendrology PAS, Flora of Sudety Mountains
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Marine Science Institute, UCSB, Paleobiology Database
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Flora of the Stołowe Mts.
- NLBIF, Limnodata
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plants, Field notes, Oslo
- Steiermärkisches Landesmuseum Joanneum - Herbarium GJO, Herbarium GJO
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum, Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2664504
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Con-4271
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2481187
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:263788-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 80070
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 194883
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 263786-1
- IUCN ID: 245453
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PGTXA01040
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: TABA80
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 64986
- Liguo Fu, Nan Li & Robert R. Mill "Taxaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 4 Page 89. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 120.910 meters (396.686 feet), Standard Deviation = 146.690 based on 10,881 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]