Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Arabic:
Common Names in English:
French Tamarisk, Saltcedar, Tamarisk, Tamarix
Common Names in French:
Common Names in German:
Common Names in unspecified:
Saltcedar, Tamarisk, Tamarix
, or trees
. Leaves small, mostly scale-like, alternate, estipulate, usually sessile, mostly with salt-secreting glands
. Flowers usually in racemes
or panicles, rarely solitary, usually hermaphroditic
, regular. Calyx 4- or 5-fid, persistent
. Petals 4 or 5, free
, deciduous after anthesis
or sometimes persistent. Disk inferior, usually thick, nectarylike. Stamens 4, 5, or more numerous
, usually free, inserted
on disk, rarely united
into fascicle at base
, or united up to half length
into a tube
2-thecate, longitudinally dehiscent
. Pistil 1, consisting of 2-5 carpels; ovary superior, 1-loculed; placentation parietal
, rarely septate
, or basal; ovules numerous, rarely few; styles short, usually 2-5, free, sometimes united. Capsule conic, abaxially dehiscent. Seeds numerous, hairy
throughout or awned
at apex; awns
from base or from middle
; endosperm present or absent; embryo orthotropous
Three genera and ca. 110 species: steppe and desert regions of the Old World; three genera and 32 species (12 endemic) in China.
Myrtama has been placed alternatively in Myricaria, Tamarix, or treated as a separate genus (see Gaskin et al. , Ann. Missouri Bot. Gard. 91: 402-410. 2004; Zhang et al., Acta Bot. Boreal.-Occid. Sin. 20: 421-431. 2000) .
, much branched. Young branches usually glabrous
; two types of branches present: ligneous
growing branches, not deciduous in winter vs.
, deciduous in winter. Leaves alternate, sessile, amplexicaul
, small, scale-like, glabrous, rarely hairy
, mostly with salt-secreting glands
. Flowers in racemes
or panicles, blooming in spring
; racemes lateral
on growing branches of previous or current
year and clustered in terminal
panicles, or two types of flowering habits present in some species. Flowers bisexual
, rarely unisexual
, 4- or 5(or 6) -merous, usually pedicellate
; bract 1. Calyx herbaceous or fleshy
, 4- or 5-fid; lobes
entire or faintly denticulate
. Petals as many as calyx lobes, deciduous or persistent
. Disk variously shaped, mostly 4- or 5-lobed; lobes entire, or apex retuse
or even deeply divided
. Stamens 4 or 5, opposite to calyx lobes, or numerous
, outer series opposite to calyx lobes; filaments
between lobes of disk or at apices of lobes; anthers
cordate, versatile, 2-thecate, longitudinally dehiscent
. Pistil consisting of 3 or 4 carpels; ovary mostly conic, many seeded; placentation basal-parietal; styles 3 or 4; stigmas capitate, short. Capsule conic, abaxially 3-septicidal. Seeds numerous, minute; apical awns
About 90 species: Africa, Asia, Europe; 18 species (seven endemic) in China.
Habit: Tree , Shrub
Typically found in the intertidal zone at the water's edge at a mean distance from sea level of 57 meters (187 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Violanae () - R. Dahlgren Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Dilleniidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Tamarix
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 15 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
T. africana (African Tamarisk) · T. aphylla (Athel) · T. aralensis (Russian Tamarisk) · T. canariensis (Canary Island Tamarisk) · T. chinensis (China Tamarisk) · T. dioica (Saltcedar) · T. gallica (French Tamarisk) · T. parviflora (Saltcedar) · T. ramosissima (Five-Stamen Tamarix) · T. ramosissima 'Pink Cascade' (Five-Stamen Tamarix) · T. ramosissima 'Rosea' (Salt Cedar) · T. ramosissima 'Rubra' (Five-Stamen Tamarix) · T. ramosissima 'Summer Glow' (Five-Stamen Tamarix) · T. tetragyna (Saltcedar) · T. tetranda 'Hulsdonk White' (Four-Stamen Tamarisk 'hulsdonk White')
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url , , .
- A catalogue of plants cultivated in the garden of John Gerard, in the years 1596-1599 /edited with notes, references to Gerard's Herball, the addition of modern names, and a life of the author, by Benjamin Daydon Jackson. 1876 London: Privately printed, 1876 url p. 52, p. 63.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url .
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 134, p. 254.
- A dictionary of modern gardening. Philadelphia, Lea and Blanchard, 1847. url p. 579.
- A first report on the relations between climates and crops. By Cleveland Abbe. Washington [D.C.]: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 206.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 513.
- A hand-book to the flora of Ceylon: containing descriptions of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to the island, and notes on their history, distribution, and uses: with an atlas of plates illustrating some of the more inte by Henry Trimen. London: Dulau, 1893-1931. url p. 472.
- A handbook of systematic botany; with a revision of the fungi, by E. Knoblauch; tr. and ed. by M.C. Potter. London, Swan url p. 412.
- A manual of Indian botany. London, Blackie & Son Ltd., 1920. url .
- A manual of Indian timbers: an account of the structure, growth, distribution, and qualities of Indian woods. CalcuttaOffice of the Superintendent of Govt. Printing1881 url p. 19.
- A manual of Indian timbers; an account of the growth, distribution, and uses of the trees and shrubs of India and Ceylon with descriptions of their wood-structure, by J. S. Gamble... London: S. Low, Marston & co. ltd., 1902. url p. 288, p. 46.
- A manual of botany, including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, J & A. Churchill, 1887. url p. 242, p. 256, p. 467.
- A manual of botany. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1897-1902. url , .
- A manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants. By John Hutton Balfour. London: J. J. Griffin [etc.] 1851. url p. 190, p. 192.
- A manual of botany: including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, John Churchill and Sons, 1870. url p. 234, p. 249, p. 451.
- A manual of dangerous insects likely to be introduced in the United States through importations. Ed. by W. Dwight Pierce, entomologist, southern field crop insect investigations. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 211.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 971.
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 250.
- A manual of the diseases of the camel and of his management and uses. .. Madras, Lawrence Asylum Press, 1890. url p. 151.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url , , p. 180, p. 183, p. 230.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 180, p. 183, p. 230.
- A partial list of plants available for various uses in general landscape planting, comp. by Albert D. Taylor. Cleveland, A.D. Taylor, c1916 url p. 28, p. 28, p. 41, p. 41.
- A practical guide to garden plants, containing descriptions of the hardiest and most beautiful annuals and biennials, hardy herbaceous and bulbous perennials, hardy water and bog plants, flowering and ornamental trees and shrubs, conife London;Longmans, Green, 1901. url , p. 264.
- A practical treatise on tree culture in South Australia. Adelaide, Printed and lithographed by E. Spiller, Government Printer, 1881. url .
- A short treatise on horticulture: embracing descriptions of a great variety of fruit and ornamental trees and shrubs, grape vines, bulbous flowers, greenhouse trees and plants, &., nearly all of which are at present comprised in the c By William Prince. New-York, Printed by T. and J.Swords, 1828. url p. 123.
- A student's text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. With 483 illustrations. London, Macmillan & co., 1896. url .
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 95.
- A systematic catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to or growing wild in Ceylon. Colombo: G. J. A. Skeen, 1885. url .
- A systematic treatise on comparative physiology, introductory to the physiology of man / London: Published by John Churchill and Thos. Kaye, 1834. url p. 355.
- A taxonomic study of the Nearctic spider wasps belonging to the tribe Pompilini (Hymenoptera: Pompilidae) [Philadelphia? n.d.] url p. 181, p. 212, p. 217, p. 251, p. 276, p. 352.
- A text book of materia medica, being an account of the more important crude drugs of vegetable and animal origin, designed for students of pharmacy and medicine. London, Churchill, 1920. url p. 285, p. 522, p. 567.
- About trees, shrubs, and climbing plants for South Africa; concise hints on the making of farm plantations, shrubberies. .. Maritzburg, 1919. url p. 96.
- Abstract of proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng.]: South London Entomological and Natural History Society, [1885-1896] url p. 117.
- Alien flora of Britain. London, West, Newman, 1905. url p. 42.
- American honey plants; together with those which are of special value to the beekeeper as sources of pollen. Hamilton, Ill., American Bee Journal, 1920. url p. 233.
- American medicinal plants; an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry and physiological effects. By Charles F. Millspaugh. 1887 New York, Boericke & Tafel, c1887. url page 136- 2.
- An elementary course of botany: structural, physiological, and systematic / by Arthur Henfrey. London: John Van Voorst, 1878. url p. 218, p. 678.
- An encyclopaedia of trees and shrubs: being the Arboretum et fruticetum britannicum abridged: containing the hardy trees and shrubs of Britain, native and foreign, scientifically and popularly described; with their propagation, culture, by J. C. Loudon. London: F. Warne; 1869. url , p. 459.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 1456, p. 350.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 120.
- An inquiry into the nature and benefits of an agricultural survey of the state of South Carolina. By John Bachman. Charleston, Miller & Browne, 1843. url p. 26.
- An introduction to the natural system of botany: or, A systematic view of the organisation, natural affinities, and geographical distribution, of the whole vegetable kingdom: together with the uses of the most important species in medicine, the art by John Lindley. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1830. url p. 159.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 113, p. 126, p. 126, p. 133, p. 180, p. 180, p. 184, p. 184, p. 186, p. 186, p. 198, p. 198, p. 202, p. 256, p. 264, p. 29, p. 29, p. 299, p. 33, p. 348, p. 348, p. 363, p. 439, p. 88.
- Annual report of the Nebraska State Horticultural Society. Lincoln, Neb.: The Society. url p. 156, p. 156, p. 259.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 148.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 1148, p. 1149.
- Arboretum et fruticetum Britannicum; or, The trees and shrubs of Britain, native and foreign, hardy and half-hardy, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described; with their propagation, culture, mana London, Henry G. Bohn, 1854. url p. 113.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 47 - 51 1980 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 30.
- Beautiful and rare trees & plants. London, C. Scribner's Sons[pref. 1903] url .
- Beautiful flowering trees and shrubs for British and Irish gardens / by John Weathers. London: Simpkin, Marshall, [1903?] url p. 138.
- Bemerkungen auf einer Reise in die südlichen Statthalterschaften des russischen Reichs in den Jahren 1793 und 1794 Leipzig: Bey Gottfried Martini, 1799. url , .
- Bengal plants: a list of the phanerogams, ferns and fern-allies indigenous to, or commonly cultivated in, the Lower provinces and Chittagong, with definitions of the natural orders and genera, and keys to the genera and species. 1 1903 Calcutta: Botanical Survey of India1903. url p. 242.
- Biltmore Nursery, Biltmorse, N.C. [North Carolina?: The Nursery?], c1912 url p. 90.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 135.
- Botany for academies and colleges: consisting of plant development and structure from seaweed to clematis, Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott company, 1889. url .
- Botany of Socotra. By Isaac Bayley Balfour. .. with the assistance of other botanists. .. Edinburgh, R. Grant, 1888. url p. 25.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 1 1958 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 27.
- British entomology; being illustrations and descriptions of the genera of insects found in Great Britain and Ireland: containing coloured figures from nature of the most rare and beautiful species, and in many instances By John Curtis. London, Printed for the author, 1823-40. url p. 24, p. 26.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url p. 214.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 9 1920 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 122.
- Building salt marshes along the coasts of the continental United States / by W. W. Woodhouse. Ft. Belvoir, Va.: U.S. Army, Corps of Engineers, Coastal Engineering Research Center, 1979. url p. 47.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 141, p. 21, p. 24, p. 258, p. 260, p. 286, p. 57, p. 633, p. 65, p. 77.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 264.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1907 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 248.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass., Essex Institute. url p. 89.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 128 1963 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 387, p. 422.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 22, p. 32.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 43 1916 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 638.
- Bulletin. Salem, Mass. url p. 89.
- Calcutta journal of natural history, and miscellany of the arts and sciences in India. Calcutta, Bishop's College Press. url p. 135.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 150, p. 181.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url , , , , p. 1471, p. 1761, p. 1767, p. 1768, p. 1771, p. 1788, p. 1789, p. 1795, p. 1819, p. 1820, p. 1821, p. 1828, p. 1836, p. 1839, p. 1843, p. 1850, p. 1851, p. 1904, p. 1912, p. 1928, p. 1942, p. 1943, p. 1944, p. 2024, p. 2036, p. 2070, p. 2125, p. 2126, p. 2129, p. 2142.
- Catalogue of Indian insects. Calcutta, Superintendent government printing, 1921-1939. url p. 2.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 358, p. 99.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 358, p. 99.
- Catalogue of the African plants London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url .
- Catalogue of the African plants collected by Dr. Friedrich Welwitsch in 1853-61. .. London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url p. 55, p. 55.
- Catalogue of the Lepidoptera Phalænæ in the British museum. London: Printed by Order of the Trustees, 1898-19. url p. 292.
- Catalogue of the coleopterous insects of the Canaries, in the collection of the British museum. By T. Vernon Wollaston. London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1864. url p. 301, p. 399.
- Catalogue of the library of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University / compiled under the direction of Charles Sprague Sargent by Ethelyn Maria Tucker. Cambridge: Printed at the Cosmos Press, 1914-1933. url p. 334.
- Catalogue of the plants of Kumaon and of the adjacent portions of Garhwal and Tibet, based on the collections made by Strachey and Winterbottom during the years 1846 to 1849 and on the catalogue originally prepared in 1852 by Sir Richard Strachey. .. rev. and supplemented by J. F. Duthie. London, L. Reeve & co., limited, 1906. url p. 260.
- Catalogue of the trees and shrubs in the arboretum and botanic garden at the Central Experimental Farm, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada by Wm. Saunders and W.T. Macoun. Ottawa: Govt. Print. Bureau, 1899. url .
- Classification of wetlands and deepwater habitats of the United States / by Lewis M. Cowardin. .. [et al.]. Washington, D.C.: Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior, 1979. url p. 19, p. 39, p. 69.
- Coleoptera Atlantidum, being an enumeration of the coleopterous insects of the Madeiras, Salvages, and Canaries. London, Van Voorst, 1865. url p. 356, p.
- Colour in the flower garden / [London]: "Country life, " ltd. [etc.], 1908. url p. 91.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 134, p. 470, p. 479, p. 484, p. 496, p. 497, p. 656.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 45 2003 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 380, p. 427, p. 431, p. 438, p. 446, p. 583, p. 828.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 758.
- Curtis's botanical magazine. 133 1907 London; New York [etc.]: Academic Press [etc.] url .
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 558, p. 780.
- Early British botanists and their gardens, based on unpublished writings of Goodyer, Tradescant, and others, by R. T. Gunther. With nine plates and twenty-one other illustrations. Oxford, Printed by F. Hall for the author at the University Press, 1922. url p. 305.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 17, p. 37, p. 6.
- Essex naturalist: being the journal of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex, The Club. url p. 194.
- Eucalyptus, Los Angeles, Cal., B. R. Baumgardt & co., 1895. url p. 54.
- Eucalyptus, by Abbot Kinney. Los Angeles, Cal., B.R. Baumgardt, 1895. url p. 54.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 17, p. 226, p. 37, p. 77.
- Farming industries of Cape Colony. By Robert Wallace. .. With 81 full-page plates, 14 maps, 6 plans, and 92 illustrations in the text. London: P. S. King and son; [etc.], 1896. url p. 73.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 58.
- Flora Vectiana; being an arrangement of the more rare and interesting plants indigenous to the Isle of Wight. London, Printed by Richard Taylor, 1823. url p. 16.
- Flora calpensis; contributions to the botany and topography of Gibraltar, and its neighbourhood. By E. F. Kelaart. London, J. van Voorst, 1846. url p. 104.
- Flora medica; a botanical account of all the more important plants used in medicine in different parts of the world. London, Longman, 1838. url p. 203.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 244.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 244.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 427.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 427.
- Flora of the Presidency of Madras / by J.S. Gamble. London: West, Newman and Adlard, 1915- url p. 67.
- Flora of the southern United States: containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida: arranged according to the natural system. By A. W. Chapman, M.D. The ferns by Prof. Daniel C. Eaton. New York: American Book Company, 1883. url p. 620.
- Florida trees; a handbook of the native and naturalized trees of Florida, by John Kinkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 72.
- Florigraphia britannica, or, Engravings and descriptions of the flowering plants and ferns of Britain / by Richard Deakin. London: Groombridge, 1857. url .
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url , .
- Flowering plants of the Riviera: a sescriptive account of 1800 of the more interesting species / by H. Stuart Thompson; with an introduction on Riviera vegetation by A. G. Tansley London; New York: Longmans, Green, 1914. url p. 60.
- Flowers; their origin, shapes, perfumes, and colours / Boston: Roberts Brothers, 1878. url p. 201.
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 514.
- Gardeners' chronicle of America. New York: Chronicle Press, 1905-1950. url p. 608.
- Gardening for amateurs; a simple, complete, and practical guide for garden lovers, edited by H. H. Thomas. Illustrated by twenty-four coloured plates and many hundreds of photographs and sketches. New York: Funk and Wagnalls company,  url p. 1131, p. 513, p. 514, p. 909.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url , .
- Gardening. Chicago, the Gardening Co., 1892-1925. url p. 105.
- Gardens past & present. By K.L. Davidson. .. Illustrated from photographs by F. Mason Good. London, T.W. Laurie url p. 231.
- Gardens, their form and design, London, E. Arnold, 1919. url .
- General and professional biology: with special reference to man / by Edward J. Menge. Milwaukee, Wis: Bruce, 1922. url p. 349.
- General indexes to the thirty-six volumes of English botany: to which is added, an alphabetical index to English fungi: making together, a catalogue of indigenous British plants. London: J. Sowerby, 1814. url p. 5.
- Hand-book of Indian flora; being a guide to all the flowering plants hitherto described as indigenous to the continent of India. [Madras?]Trabancore Sircar Press, 1864-69. url .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalised in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London, L. Reeve & Co., ltd., 1918. url p. 77.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url , p. 14, p. 39.
- Hardy ornamental flowering trees and shrubs / by A. D. Webster. London: Smith, Elder, 1908. url p. 192.
- Horticultural register, and gardener's magazine. Boston, G. D. Barrett [etc.] url p. 225.
- Hortus lignosus londinensis: or, A catalogue of all the ligneous plants, indigenous and foreign, hardy and half-hardy, cultivated in the gardens and grounds in the neighbourhood of London: with all their synonymes, scientific and By J. C. Loudon. London, The author, 1838. url p. 161.
- Hortus suburbanus Calcuttensis; A catalogue of the plants which have been cultivated in the Hon. East India Company's botanical garden, Calcutta, and in the Serampore botanical garden. By the late J. O. Voigt, printed under the superintendence of W. Griffith. Calcutta, Bishop's College Press, 1845. url p. 178, p. 179.
- How to make a country place; an account of the successes and the mistakes of an amateur in thirty-five years of farming, building, and development: together with a practical plan for securing a home and an independent income, starting with small capital, by Joseph Dillaway Sawyer. .. New York: Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.], 1914. url p. 373.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 306.
- Illustrations of Indian botany: or figures illustrative of each of the natural orders of Indian plants, described in the author's prodromus florae peninsulae Indiae orientalis /by Robert Wight. 1 1840 Madras: published by J. B. Pharoah for the author, 1840-1850. url p. 51.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants, drawn by W.H. Fitch and W.G. Smith. London: Reeve, 1908. url p. 39.
- Index of British plants according to the London catalogue... London: G. Bell, 1889. url p. 96.
- Indian Museum notes. Calcutta: [Indian Museum]: 1889-1903. url p. 96, p. 96.
- Indian forest insects of economic importance. Coleoptera. LondonEyre & Spottiswoode1914 url p. 256, p. 640.
- Indian insect life: a manual of the insects of the plains (tropical India) / H. Maxwell-Lefroy, assisted by F. M. Howlett. (Pub. under the authority of the government of India). 1909 Calcutta; Thacker, Spink & Co., W. Thacker & Co., 2 Creed Lane, London, 1909. url p. 534.
- Indian trees: an account of trees, shrubs, woody climbers, bamboos, and palms indigenous or commonly cultivated in the British Indian empire / London: A. Constable, 1906. url p. 45, p. 700.
- Insect life / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Division of Entomology. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, url p. 399.
- Insects and man: an account of the more important harmful and beneficial insects... / by C. A. Ealand. London: G. Richards, ltd., 1915. url p. 214.
- Introduction to the systematy of Indian trees. LondonOxford University Press1921 url p. 11.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 4 1908 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 655, p. 86.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 11, p. 12, p. 298, p. 42, p. 42, p. 45.
- Journal of botany: being a second series of the Botanical miscellany. 3 1841 London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman; Edinburgh: A. & C. Black, 1834-1842. url p. 422, p. 424, p. 425, p. 426, p. 427, p. 428, p. 429.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 192.
- Journal of forestry. Washington: Society of American Foresters, 1917- url p. 76.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 35 1934 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 304.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. Botany. 5 1861 London: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, & Roberts: ||Williams and Norgate, 1857-1864. url p. 29.
- Larva collecting and breeding: a handbook to the larvae of the British Macro-Lepidoptera and their food plants: both in nature and in confinement, with authorities / by J. Seymour St. John. London: W. Wesley, 1890 url p. 73, p. 86.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url , p. 105, p. 300.
- Life-histories of Indian insects: Microlepidoptera / by T. Bainbrigge Fletcher. Calcutta: Published for the Imperial Dept. of Agriculture in India by Thacker, Spink, . url p. 71, p. 82.
- List of trees, shrubs, and principal climbers, etc., recorded from Burma: with vernacular names / by J.H. Lace. Rangoon, Burma: Supt., Govt. Print., 1922. url p. 238.
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , , , , , p. 28, p. 43, p. 49, p. 53, p. 62.
- London trees. Being an account of the trees that succeed in London, with a descriptive account of each species and notes on their comparative value and cultivation. With guide to where the finest London trees may b by A. D. Webster. London, The Swarthmore Press, 1920. url p. 218, p. viii.
- Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology. London: printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1829-1837. url p. 90.
- Magazine of zoology and botany. Edinburgh; Dublin. url p. 585.
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by Charles Cardale Babington. London: John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 116.
- Manual of plant diseases, Wilkes-Barré, Pa., The Record press, c1914-22 url p. 475.
- Manual of plant diseases, by Paul Sorauer. Wilkes-Barré, Pa.The Record Press, c1914-22 url p. 475.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 866.
- Manures for fruit and other trees, a practical handbook for the gardener, horticulturist and student. London, Robert Sutton, 1908. url .
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url p. 112, p. 113, p. 121, p. 175, p. 178, p. 182, p. 65, p. 80.
- Micro-Lepidoptera [six articles by Lord Walsingham] London, 1881-1907. url p. 938, p. 996.
- Minnesota trees and shrubs: an illustrated manual of the native and cultivated woody plants of the State / Frederic E. Clements, C. Otto Rosendahl, Frederic K. Butters. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota, 1912. url p. 52, p. 53.
- Monograph of the British Cicadae or Tettigidae. By George Bowdler Buckton. .. London, Macmillan & Co., 1890-91. url p. 17.
- Monograph of the Museum of Natural History, the University of Kansas. Lawrence, Kan.: The Museum. url p. 219.
- My shrubs / London; John Lane, 1915. url .
- My shrubs / by Eden Phillpotts, with fifty illustrations. London; John Lane, 1915. url .
- My shrubs / by Eden Phillpotts. London: J. Lane, 1915. url p. 116.
- Narrative of an expedition to explore the river Zaire, usually called the Congo, in South Africa, in 1816, under the direction of Captain J. K. Tuckey, R.N. To which is added, The journal of Professor Smith; some general observations on the country and its inhabitants; and an appendix: containing the natur London, J. Murray, 1818. url p. 251, p. 251.
- Native woody plants of the United States, their erosion-control and wildlife values. Washington, U. S. Govt. print. off., 1938. url , , p. 269.
- Natural areas inventory of Carteret County, North Carolina: for the North Carolina Natural Heritage Program, Coastal Natural Area Inventory Project / [Raleigh]: N.C. Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, N.C. Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, . url p. 15.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 450, p. 526.
- New illustrated encyclopedia of gardening, unabridged. Edited by T.H. Everett, with contributions from twenty horticulturists and authorities in the United States and Canada. New York, Greystone Press[1964-] url p. 134.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 8 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 394, p. 418, p. 423, p. 426, p. 451, p. 452, p. 454, p. 455, p. 456, p. 7.
- North American trees (exclusive of Mexico and tropical United States) A handbook designed for field use, with plates and distribution maps. Ames, Iowa State University Press url p. 394.
- North American trees; being descriptions and illustrations of the trees growing independently of cultivation in North America, north of Mexico and the West Indies; with the assistance of John Adolph Shafer. New YorkHolt1908 url p. 701.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 264.
- Observations on the flora of Japan. Tokyo, 1901-1914. url p. 26.
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1949 San Diego, The Society. url p. 91, p. 91.
- Oecology of plants: an introduction to the study of plant-communities / by Eug. Warming; assisted by Martin Vahl; prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 49.
- Oecology of plants; an introduction to the study of plant-communities, by Eug. Warming, assisted by Martin Vahl. Prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 269, p. 49.
- Official guide to the museums of economic botany. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off., by Darling1907 url p. 20.
- Oliver, D. Flora of tropical Africa /by Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. 1 1868 London: L. Reeve and co., 1868-1999. url p. 151.
- Ornamental shrubs of the United States (hardy, cultivated) by Austin Craig Apgar. New York, American Book Company[c1910] url p. 74.
- Our northern shrubs and how to identify them: a handbook for the nature-lover / New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1922, c1903. url .
- Our woodland trees / London: Sampson Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1878. url , .
- Outlines of forestry: or, The elementary principles underlying the science of forestry: being a series of primers of forestry / by Edwin J. Houston. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott, 1893. url p. 239, p. 239.
- Outlines of forestry; Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott company, 1893. url p. 239.
- Oxford gardens, based upon Daubeny's Popular guide to the physick garden of Oxford: with notes on the gardens of the colleges and on the University park, by R. T. Günther. Oxford: Parker & son; [etc., etc.], 1912. url p. 146, p. 51, p. 61.
- Pamphlets on forestry in Nebraska. [1900?- url p. 35.
- Pamphlets on forestry in Texas. [1900?- url p. 141.
- Pamphlets on silviculture. [1899- url p. 56.
- Parks: a manual of municipal and county parks compiled as a result of a nation-wide study of municipal and county parks conducted by the Playground and Recreation Association of America, in co-operation with edited by L.H. Weir. New York: A.S. Barnes & Co., 1928. url p. 682, p. 683, p. 684, p. 685, p. 686, p. 687, p. 688, p. 689, p. 691, p. 692.
- Pharmacographia Indica.by William Dymock, C.J.H. Warden, and David Hooper. 1890-1893 London: Kegan Paul, Trench, Trubner & Co., 1893. url p. 125.
- Pharmacographia: a history of the principal drugs of vegetable origin, met with in Great Britain and British India / London: Macmillan, 1874. url p. 371, p. 703.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 192.
- Plain and pleasant talk about fruits, flowers and farming. New York, Derby & Jackson, 1859. url p. 147.
- Plant sociology; the study of plant communities; authorized English translation of Pflanzensoziologie, by Dr. J. Braun-Blanquet. Translated, revised and edited by George D. Fuller and Henry S. Conard. New York and London, McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1932. url p. 192.
- Plantae Wilsonianae; an enumeration of the woody plants collected in western China for the Arnold arboretum of Harvard university during the years 1907, 1908, and 1910, by E. H. Wilson, ed. by Charles Sprague Sargent. Cambridge, University Press, 1913-17. url p. 406, p. 658, p. 658.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 112, p. 643.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 643.
- Pleasant talk about fruits, flowers and farming. By Henry Ward Beecher. New York, J.B. Ford and Co., 1874. url p. 225.
- Pollen / by M. Pakenham Edgeworth. London: Hardwicke & Bogue, 1877. url p. 62, p. 62.
- Practical foresty; a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament. LondonW. Rider[pref.1917] url p. 75, p. 82.
- Practical hints on planting ornamental trees, with particular reference to coniferae... by Standish and Noble. London, Bradbury and Evans, 1852. url p. 182.
- Prince's select catalogue of the unrivaled collection of fruit & ornamental trees and shrubs, vines, creepers, p©onies, &c.: cultivated at the Linn©an Botanic Garden & Nurseries (founded 1732), Flushing, near New-York / Prince & Co. New York, N.Y.?: s.n., 1863 or 1864. url p. 21.
- Principles of scientific botany, or, Botany as an inductive science by Dr. J.M. Schleiden. .. translated by Edwin Lankester. .. London: Printed for Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1849 url p. 21, p. 614.
- Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Natural Science. Halifax: Nova Scotian Institute of Natural Science. url p. 256.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 10.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 95.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 147, p. 366, p. 386, p. 418, p. 420, p. 438, p. 447, p. 465, p. 466.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 925, p. 938, p. 996.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url , p. 129.
- Rambles in search of wild flowers, and how to distinguish them. London, Journal of horticulture and cottage gardener, 1864. url p. 49.
- Rambles on the Riviera, New York, C. Scribner's sons; [etc., etc.]1906. url .
- Rambles on the Riviera, by Eduard Strasburger. Translated from the German by O. and B. Comerford Casey, with 87 coloured illustrations by Louise Reusch. New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1906. url p. 443.
- Report of the Commissioner of Patents for the year 1859: agriculture. Washington, D.C.: George Bowman, printer, 1860. url p. 312.
- Report of the State Entomologist of Connecticut for the year. .. New Haven, [1902- url p. 366.
- Report of the proceedings of the third entomological meeting: held at Pusa on the 3rd to 15th February 1919 / edited by T. Bainbrigge Fletcher. Calcutta: Supt. of Government Printing, 1920. url p. 103.
- Report of the proceedings of the. .. Entomological Meeting. Calcutta: Superintendent government printing, India, 1917-23. url p. 103, p. 840.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 20.
- Report: . .. Washington, Blair & Rives, printers, 1838 url p. 126, p. 90.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 52, p. 53.
- Rochester and district; a sketch-guide to its geology, flora, & fauna, compiled by J. Hepworth. Rochester, Parrett & Neves, 1913. url p. 16.
- Rough notes and memoranda relating to the natural history of the Bermudas, London, R.H. Porter, 1897. url .
- Sargent, C. S. Plantae Wilsonianae: an enumeration of the woody plants collected in western China for the Arnold arboretum of Harvard university during the years 1907, 1908, and 1910 /by E. H. Wilson, ed. by Charles Sprague Sargent. 3 1917 Cambridge: The University press, 1913-17. url p. 658, p. 658.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url , p. 231, p. 232.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 906.
- Scottish gardens; being a representative selection of different types, old and new, New York, Longmans, Green & co.; [etc., etc.]1908. url p. 234.
- Settler's guide and farmer's handbook. .. Issued by direction of the Bureau of agriculture. Ed. by L. Lindley-Cowen. .. pt. 1. Perth, E.S. Wigg, 1897- url .
- Shade and ornamental trees of California. [Sacramento?][1922?] url .
- Shoreline plant establishment and use of a wave-stilling device / by J.W. Webb and J.D. Dodd; prepared for U.S. Army, Corps of Engineers, Coastal Engineering Research Center. Fort Belvoir, Va.: Available from National Technical Information Service,  url p. 11.
- Sino-Iranica; Chinese contributions to the history of civilization in ancient Iran, with special reference to the history of cultivated plants and products / by Berthold Laufer -- Chicago, 1919. url p. 348, p. 348, p. 620, p. 620.
- Sketch of the forestry of West Africa with particular reference to its present principal commercial products. London, S. Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1887. url .
- Soil alkali, its origin, nature, and treatment. New YorkJ. Wiley1920 url p. 221.
- Soil alkali; its origin, nature, and treatment, by Franklin Stewart Harris. New York, J. Wiley, 1920. url p. 221, p. 221.
- Some account of the fauna and flora of Sinai, Petra, and Wa?dy 'Arabah, London, Pub. for the Committee of the Palestine exploration fund by A. P. Watt, 1891. url , .
- Spicilegium florae Maroccanae / by John Ball. London: Printed by Taylor and Francis, 1878. url p. 372.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 488, p. 489.
- Studies on the vegetation of the Transcaspian lowlands, by Ove Paulsen. Copenhagen, Gyldendal, 1912. url p. 20, p. 43.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 283, p. 562.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 121, p. 605, p. 618.
- Texas conchologist. [Houston, Houston Conchology Society], 1964- url p. 66.
- Text-book of botany, morphological and physiological. Oxford, Clarendon press, 1882. url p. 119.
- Text-book of botany: morphological and physiological / by Julius Sachs; edited with an appendix, by Sydney H. Vines Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1883. url p. 119.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 2200.
- The American botanist and florist, including lessons in the structure, life growth of plants, together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the American uni New York, Barnes[n.d.] url p. 64.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants: together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the Americ by Alphonso Wood. New York: A. S. Barnes, 1877, c1870. url p. 64.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 34.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 1033, p. 1186, p. 445.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 107, p. 107, p. 191, p. 191, p. 252, p. 428, p. 428, p. 451, p. 455, p. 455.
- The Bahama Islands / edited by George Burbank Shattuck. New York: Macmillan, 1905. url , p. 214, p. 214.
- The Bahama Islands, London, The Macmillan company, 1905. url p. 214, p. 214, p. 626.
- The Bahama flora, New York, The Authors, 1920. url .
- The Bahama flora, by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Charles Frederick Millspaugh. New York, The authors, 1920. url p. 279, p. 279, p. 279, p. 279.
- The Book of gardening; a handbook of horticulture. London, C. Scribner's Sons, 1900. url .
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 124, p. 477, p. 562, p. 906.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 235.
- The Canadian horticulturist [monthly] St. Catharines, E.S. Leavenworth. url p. 286.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 133, p. 272.
- The English flora. London: Longman, 1824 url p. 111.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement followed by a description of the plants, shrubs and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1921. url p. 742.
- The English gardener; or, A treatise on the situation, soil, enclosing and laying-out of kitchen gardens. .. concluding with a kalendar, giving instructions relative to the sowings, plantings, prunings. .. in each month of By William Cobbett. London, The author, 1829. url .
- The Entomologist's annual. London: John Van Voorst, 1855-1874. url p. 15.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 292.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 188, p. 294, p. 50.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 207, p. 207.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 148, p. 639, p. 796, p. 859.
- The Forest club annual. LincolnUniversity of Nebraska url p. 35.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , , , p. 105, p. 109, p. 11, p. 127, p. 155, p. 183, p. 188, p. 212, p. 240, p. 248, p. 259, p. 273, p. 276, p. 279, p. 320, p. 329, p. 329, p. 338, p. 392, p. 435, p. 464, p. 481, p. 494, p. 508, p. 538, p. 553, p. 56, p. 564, p. 57, p. 58, p. 588, p. 603, p. 613, p. 620, p. 73, p. 74, p. 76, p. 79, p. 80, p. 80, p. 81.
- The Gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orome, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 395.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1852 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 101, p. 1295, p. 1444, p. 384, p. 433, p. 712, p. 786.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , p. 10, p. 106, p. 134, p. 144, p. 176, p. 188, p. 188, p. 190, p. 198, p. 199, p. 216, p. 244, p. 248, p. 250, p. 26, p. 262, p. 263, p. 272, p. 277, p. 28, p. 280, p. 282, p. 294, p. 324, p. 336, p. 338, p. 363, p. 379, p. 388, p. 39, p. 40, p. 40, p. 404, p. 410, p. 428, p. 448, p. 538, p. 55, p. 604, p. 608, p. 619, p. 63, p. 686, p. 706, p. 722, p. 726, p. 729, p. 755, p. 777, p. 786, p. 799, p. 94.
- The Genesee farmer. Rochester, N.Y.: [L. Tucker], 1831- url p. 35.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 106, p. 539, p. 558, p. 64, p. 76.
- The Horticulturist and journal of rural art and rural taste. Albany, N.Y.: Luther Tucker, 1846-1875. url p. 420.
- The Illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / edited by George Nicholson. ..; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. ... London: L. Upcott Gill; 1887-1889. url p. 394, p. 418, p. 423, p. 426, p. 452, p. 454, p. 455, p. 456.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 214, p. 222, p. 249, p. 278, p. 282, p. 348, p. 475, p. 475, p. 501, p. 559, p. 68, p. 95, p. 95.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 125, p. 198.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 28 1891 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 294, p. 296, p. 303, p. 314, p. 346, p. 347, p. 91.
- The Lepidoptera of the British Islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, their preparatory states, habits, and localities / by Charles G. Barrett. London: L. Reeve, 1893-1907. url p. 97.
- The London and Edinburgh philosophical magazine and journal of science. London: Richard and John E. Taylor, 1832-1840. url p. 226.
- The Macrolepidoptera of the world; a systematic description of the hitherto known Macrolepidoptera, ed. in collaboration with well-known specialists. Stuttgart: Seitz'schen (Kernen), 1906- url p. 294, p. 295.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 127.
- The Nautilus. Melbourne, Fla., etc., American Malacologists, inc., etc. url p. 127.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 290.
- The New Forest; its history and its scenery. By John R. Wise. With 63 illustrations, drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps. London: Gibbings & co., 1895. url p. 290.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 31.
- The Philippine journal of science. 4 1909 Manila. url p. 520.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 143, p. 204, p. 337, p. 367, p. 553.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url , , p. 131, p. 132, p. 162, p. 587, p. 91.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 379.
- The Salton Sea; a study of the geography, the geology, the floristics, and the ecology of a desert basin, Washington, D.C.Carnegie Institution of Washington1914 url p. 110.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 166.
- The Universal herbal; or, Botanical, medical, and agricultural dictionary; containing an account of all the known plants in the world, arranged according to the Linnean system. Specifying the uses to which they are or may be applied, whether as food, as medicine, or in the a London, Caxton Press url p. 296.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 38 1958 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 1292, p. 151, p. 17, p. 21, p. 28, p. 31, p. 329, p. 334, p. 481, p. 537, p. 550, p. 64, p. 777, p. 78.
- The Victoria history of the county of Norfolk. Westminster, etc.: [Constable], 1901- url p. 42, p. 42.
- The art of beautifying suburban home grounds of small extent. Illustrated by upward of two hundred plates and engravings of plans for residences and their grounds, of trees and shrubs, and garden embellishments; with descriptions of the beautiful and hardy trees By Frank J. Scott. New York, John B. Alden, 1886. url p. 616.
- The art of landscape architecture, its development and its application to modern landscape gardening, London, G.P. Putnam's sons, 1915. url .
- The biology of flowering plants, by Macgregor Skene. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1924. url p. 189, p. 513.
- The book of garden design, London and New York, J. Lane, 1905. url .
- The book of garden design, by Charles Thonger. London, J. Lane, 1905. url p. 81.
- The code of agriculture; including observations on gardens, orchards, woods and plantations; with an account of all recent improvements in the management of arable and grass land. By John Sinclair. London, Sherwood, Gilbert & Piper, 1832. url p. 196.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 149, p. 149, p. 290, p. 290.
- The complete home landscape, by Arthur J. Jennings, in collaboration with Leonard H. Johnson. New York, A. T. De La Mare, 1924. url p. 123, p. 150.
- The cyclopædia; or, Universal dictionary of arts, sciences, and literature. London: Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme & Brown [etc.], 1819. url p. 640.
- The ethnobotany of southern Balochistan, Pakistan: with particular reference to medicinal plants / Steven M. Goodman, Abdul Ghafoor. 31 1992 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, c1992. url p. 31, p. 84.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 248.
- The flora of the presidency of Bombay / By Theodore Cooke. London: Taylor and Francis, 1903-08. url p. 70.
- The flower garden; or, Breck's book of flowers; in which are described all the various hardy herbaceous perennials, annuals, shrubby plants, and evergreen trees, desirable for ornamental purposes, with directions for th By Joseph Breck. Boston, J. P. Jewett & company;1856. url p. 385.
- The flowering plants, grasses, sedges, & ferns of Great Britain and their allies, the club mosses, horsetails, etc. London, F. Warne, 1905. url , .
- The forest flora of north-west and central India: a handbook of the indigenous trees and shrubs of those countries / Commenced by by J. Lindsay Stewart. Continued and completed by Dietrich Brandis. Prepared at the herbarium of the Royal gardens, Kew. LondonW.H. Allen1874 url p. 20, p. 21, p. 22, p. 23.
- The forest trees of Britain / by C.A. Johns. London: E. & J.B. Young, 1899. url p. 267.
- The forest trees of Britain / by the late C. A. Johns...Published under the direction of the Committee of general literature and education, appointed by the Society for promoting Christian knowledge. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1886. url p. 267.
- The forest trees of Britain. London, S.P.C.K.[n.d.] url p. 267.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url , , p. 267.
- The identification of trees & shrubs; how to recognize, without previous knowledge of botany, wild or garden trees and shrubs native to the north temperate zone, with 2, 500 diagrams made by the author. New York, Dutton url p. 157.
- The journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1832-1936 url p. 82.
- The miscellaneous botanical works of Robert Brown vol. II, containing III. systematic memoirs, and IV. contributions to systematic works. London: Published for the Ray Society by R. Hardwicke, 1867. url .
- The names of herbes, A.D. 1548. Edited, with an introd., an index of English names, and an indentification of the plants enumerated by Turner, LondonPublished for the English Dialect Society by N. Trübner1881 url p. 104.
- The natural history of Sokotra and Abdel-Kuri: being the report upon the results of the Conjoint Expedition to these Islands in 1898-9, by Mr. W.R. Ogilvie-Grant. .. and Dr. H.O. Forbes. .. / edited by Henry O. Forbes. Liverpool: The Free Public Museums, Henry Young and Sons, 1903. url p. 456.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution: from the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun. .. Tr. and ed. by F.W. Oliver. .. with the assistance of Marian Busk. .. and Mary F. Ewart. .. With about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixtee New YorkH. Holt and company[1895-96?] url p. 812.
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 812.
- The natural history of the Tineina. .. By H. T. Stainton, assisted by Professor Zeller and J. W. Douglas. London, J. Van Voorst; [etc., etc.]1855-73. url p. 28, p. 29.
- The natural history review. Dublin: Hodges & Smith, 1854-1865. url , p. 63.
- The naturalist in Bermuda; a sketch of the geology, zoology, and botany of that remarkable group of islands; together with meteorological observations. London, Reeves & Turner, 1859. url , .
- The practice of forestry, Edinburgh andW. Blackwood and sons, 1888. url .
- The practice of forestry. Edinburgh, W. Blackwood, 1888. url p. 58.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 2695, p. 2698, p. 2699, p. 3308, p. 3309, p. 372, p. 373.
- The story of plant life in the British Isles; types of the common natural orders, by A.R. Horwood. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1914-15. url , p. 145, p. 147, p. 356.
- The subtropical garden, or, Beauty of form in the flower garden / by W. Robinson London: J. Murray, 1879 url p. 199.
- The subtropical garden: or, Beauty of form in the flower garden / by W. Robinson. London: J. Murray, 1891. url p. 199.
- The tineina of southern Europe. By H. T. Stainton. .. London, J. Van Voorst, 1869. url p. 360.
- The tourist's flora: a descriptive catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of the British Islands, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and the Italian islands / London: Reeve and Benham, 1850. url p. 431.
- The trees of America: native and foreign, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described...illustrated by numerous engravings. By D. J. Browne. New York: Harper & brothers, 1851. url p. 342, p. 403.
- The trees of America; native and foreign, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described, illustrated by numerous engravings. By D. J. Browne. New York, Harper & brothers, 1857. url p. 342, p. 403.
- The vegetation of Shackleford Bank / by I.F. Lewis. Raleigh: Edwards & Broughton, 1917. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 114, p. 162, p. 232, p. 252, p. 280, p. 300.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 118, p. 134, p. 219, p. 48.
- Transactions of the American Entomological Society Philadelphia: The Society, 1890- url p. 118.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 204, p. 205, p. 220, p. 87.
- Transactions of the Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: The Society, -1887. url p. 21.
- Tree-planting, 1899. A descriptive catalogue of the best trees to plant in Cape Colony, with brief instructions for planting. By D.E. Hutchins. .. Cape Town, W.A. Richards & Sons, 1899. url p. 88.
- Trees & shrubs for English gardens. [London]"Country life", 1908. url p. 137, p. 236, p. 605.
- Trees and shrubs hardy in the British Isles / by W. J. Bean. London: J. Murray, 1916. url p. 105, p. 574.
- Trees and shrubs of Central Park, New York, Manhattan press[c1903] url .
- Trees and shrubs of Central Park, by Louis Harman Peet. New York, Manhattan press, [c1903] url p. 33, p. 33.
- Trees and shrubs of Mexico / By Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1920-1926. url p. 828.
- Trees and shrubs of the British Isles; native and acclimatised, LondonDent1909 url p. 22, p. 239, p. 247, p. 260, p. 27, p. 29, p. 30.
- Trees and shrubs, hardy in the British isles. LondonJ. Murray1914 url p. 574.
- Trees and shrubs: an abridgment of the Arboretum et fruticetum britannicum: containing the hardy trees and schrubs of Britain, native and foreign, scientifically and popularly described: with their propagation, cultu London: F. Warne & Co.; 1875. url .
- Trees; a handbook of forest-botany for the woodlands and the laboratory Cambridge, At the University press url p. 206, p. 270.
- Tulane studies in zoology. 12 1965 New Orleans: Tulane University, 1953-1968. url fig. 1, page 94.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 10 1958 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 390, p. 392.
- University studies of the University of Nebraska. Lincoln. url p. 94.
- Useful plants and drugs of Iran and Iraq / by David Hooper. With notes by Henry Field. 9 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 106, p. 175, p. 176, p. 223.
- Variety in the little garden, by Mrs. Francis King. Boston, Atlantic Monthly Press[c1923] url p. 95.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 332, p. 388, p. 547, p. 564, p. 601, p. 614, p. 691, p. 727, p. 846, p. 956.
- Webster's Practical forestry: a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament / by A.D. Webster. London: W. Rider & son, limited,  url p. 75, p. 82, p. 86.
- Webster's practical forestry: a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament. By A.D. Webster. .. London, W. Rider & Son, Limited[pref. 1905] url p. 69, p. 76.
- Winter botany, a companion volume to the author's Plant materials of decorative gardening, by William Trelease. .. Urbana, The author, 1918. url p. xi.
- Winter botany, by William Trelease. .. Urbana, The author, 1918. url p. 11.
- Woody plants of the western national parks; containing keys for the identification of trees and shrubs, by Virginia Long Bailey and Harold Edwards Bailey. Notre Dame, Ind., University Press, 1949. url p. 174, p. 272.
- Zhang Pengyun & Zhang Yaojia. 1990. Tamaricaceae. In: Li Hsiwen, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 50(2): 142-177.
- Zhang Pengyun & Zhang Yaojia. 1990. Tamaricaceae. In: Li Hsiwen, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 50(2): 142-177.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 11, 2007:
- Australian National Herbarium
- , Australian National Herbarium
- Berkeley Natural History Museums, University and Jepson Herbaria DiGIR provider
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Comisión nacional para el conocimiento y uso de la biodiversidad, Herbario del Instituto de Ecología, A.C., México
- Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien, Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien
- European Environment Agency, EUNIS
- GBIF-Spain, Departamento de Biolog. Veg. II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid: MAF
- GBIF-Spain, Dirección General de Investigación, Desarrollo Tecnológico e Innovación de la Junta de Extremadura(DGIDTI): HSS
- GBIF-Spain, Herbario Universidad de Málaga: MGC-Cormófitos
- GBIF-Spain, Hortus Botanicus Sollerensis Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Institut Botanic de Barcelona, BC
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad de Almería, HUAL
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum, Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Botanical Society of the British Isles - Vascular Plants Database
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- Utah State University, USU-UTC Specimen Database
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2648121
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-22304
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 5190438
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:828112-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 36228
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 22304
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 828111-1
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: TAGA
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 65304
- Qiner Yang & John Gaskin "Tamaricaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 13 Page 58. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Tamarix". in Flora of China Vol. 13 Page 58, 59, 434. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Standard Deviation = 246.360 based on 1,173 observations. Terrestrial altitude and ocean depth information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]