Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Czech:
Common Names in English:
Clasping Twisted Stalk, clasping leaved twisted stalk, Clasping Twistedstalk, Clasping-Leaved Twisted-Stalk, Claspleaf Twistedstalk, liverberry, Scoot Berry, Twisted Stalk, Watermelon Berry, White Mandarin, Wild Cucumber
Common Names in French:
sceau de Salomon noueux, streptope à feuilles embrassantes, streptope amplexicaule, streptope blanc
Common Names in German:
Stängelumfassender Knotenfuß, Stengelumfassender Knotenfuß
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Polish:
, with a rhizome, bulb, or corm, rarely shrubby or treelike. Leaves basal and/or cauline, alternate, opposite, or whorled
, parallel or rarely reticulate
veined. Inflorescence a raceme
, panicle, spike, umbel, reduced panicle, or other, or flowers solitary. Flowers bisexual
, rarely unisexual
, rarely zygomorphic; bracts present or absent; bracteoles present or absent. Perianth usually corollalike, 6-merous, rarely 4- or 8-merous, in 2 whorls; segments free
(tepals) or united
. Stamens 6, rarely 3, 4, or 8, inserted
opposite perianth segments; filaments
free or adnate
to perianth, rarely connate
into a corona
usually 2-loculed, basifixed
and versatile, introrse
, or extrorse
, dehiscing usually by vertical
slits. Carpels usually connate for most or all of their length
, rarely only at base
; ovary superior, rarely semi-inferior, 3-loculed, rarely 2- or 4-loculed, with axile
placentae, or rarely 1-loculed with a parietal
placenta; ovules usually anatropous
. Nectaries septal, perigonal, or absent. Fruit a capsule or berry. Seeds with abundant endosperm and small embryo.
About 250 genera and 3500 species: worldwide, especially in temperate and subtropical regions; 57 genera (three endemic, two introduced ) and 726 species (379 endemic, 11 introduced) in China.
. Stems simple
to highly branched. Leaves numerous
, sessile; blade
to cordate-clasping, apex acute to acuminate. Inflorescences 1-2-flowered, peduncle slender, adnate
to stem for 1 internode and arising opposite next leaf axil
, junction with pedicel abrupt
or not, entire structure recurved. Flowers small, borne beneath
leaves; perianth rotate or campanulate
; tepals deciduous, erect
or recurved, distinct
, white to greenish yellow to rose, oblanceolate
; stamens hypogynous; filaments
short, broad, flat; anthers
, apex minutely apiculate
or with tapering, setose
; ovary superior, 3-locular; style slender to bulbous; stigma unlobed or 3-lobed; pedicel geniculate. Fruits baccate
, orangish to dark red, ellipsoid
. Seeds pale
Species 7: n temperate North America and Eurasia .
Species Streptopus amplexifolius
from thick rhizomes. Stems freely branched, stout, 5-12 dm,
often with reddish hairs
basally, nodes not fringed
. Leaves 5-15
× 2.5-6 cm; blade
ovate-oblong to oblong-lanceolate, base
apex acuminate; peduncle: junction with pedicel abrupt
, with glands
indicating transition, entire structure 2-5 cm, glands short-stalked.
Flowers 1-2 per axil; perianth campanulate
; tepals spreading
, white to greenish yellow, narrowly oblong-lanceolate, 9-15
mm; stamens unequal, outer shorter, 0.8-1 mm, inner 2-3 mm; anthers
lanceolate, 3-3.5 mm, apex 1-pointed; style stout, 4-5 mm; stigma
fused from base to tip, unlobed; combined peduncles and pedicels
recurved, 2-5 cm, short-stalked glands indicating transition; pedicel
whitish green maturing to yellowish
orange or red, ellipsoid
, 10-12 mm.
Seeds 2.5-3 mm. 2n = 16, 32.
Several poorly defined races described by N. C. Fassett (1935) as varieties based chiefly on minute difference in leaf-margin serration are not here recognized. [source]
Flowers: Bloom Period: April, May, June. • Flower Color: yellow
Size: 12-18" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 3,632 meters (0 to 11,916 feet).
Culture: Space 9-12" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Partial to Full Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 3a, 3b, 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b. (map)
- Chatton, 1925
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Perleb, 1826
- Family: Liliaceae () - A.L. de Jussieu, 1789, nom. cons. - Lily Family
- Order: Liliales () - Perleb, 1826
- Superorder: Lilianae () - Takhtajan, 1967 - Monocots
- Subclass: Magnoliidae () - Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967 - Angiosperms
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
S. amplexifolius var. americanus Schultes • S. amplexifolius var. chalazatus Fassett; S. Amplexifolius Var. Denticulatus Fassett • S. amplexifolius var. grandiflorus Fassett • S. fassettii & Aacute;. Löve & D. Löve • Streptopus amplexifolius americanus (Schultes) á. löve & D. Löve • Tortipes amplexifolius (Linnaeus) Small • Uvularia amplexifolia L. • Uvularia amplexifolia Linnaeus
Publishing author : DC. Publication : Fl. Franc. (DC. & Lamarck), ed. 3. 3: 174 1805
Members of the genus Streptopus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 19 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
S. amplexifolius (Clasping Twisted Stalk) · S. amplexifolius (L.) DC. var. chalazatus Fassett (Tubercle Twistedstalk) · S. amplexifolius var. amplexifolius (Claspleaf Twistedstalk) · S. amplexifolius var. chalazatus (Tubercle Twistedstalk) · S. amplexifolius var. papillatus (Claspleaf Twistedstalk) · S. lanceolatus (Rose Mandarin) · S. lanceolatus (Aiton) Reveal var. longipes (Fern.) Reveal (Twistedstalk) · S. lanceolatus var. curvipes (Twistedstalk) · S. lanceolatus var. lanceolatus (Twistedstalk) · S. lanceolatus var. longipes (Twistedstalk) · S. lanceolatus var. roseus (Twistedstalk) · S. longipes (Twistedstalk) · S. oreopolus (Twistedstalk) · S. roseus var. roseus (Rosy Twistedstalk) · S. streptopoides (Small Twistedstalk) · S. streptopoides brevipes (Small Twisted Stalk) · S. streptopoides var. brevipes (Small Twistedstalk) · S. × oreopolus (Twistedstalk) · S. oreopolus (Twistedstalk)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Flora of Glacier National Park, Montana, by Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921. url p. 313.
- 2002 list of ecological comm[u]nities for Montana / prepared by Montana Natural Heritage Program, Montana State Library. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2002 url .
- A botanical exploration of the north shore of the gulf of St. Lawrence including an annotated list of the species of vascular plants, Ottawa, F. A. Acland, printer, 1922. url p. 129, p. 16, p. 21, p. 28, p. 76.
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and higher cryptogams, both native and introduced, found within about thirty miles of Hanover, N. H., including a few cultivated species, to which is appended a list of vertebrate animals of the same region. By Henry Jesup. [Hanover?]Printed for the Author, 1891. url p. 45.
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 554.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 315, p. 315, p. 316, p. 316.
- A general system of botany, descriptive and analytical. In two parts. Part I. Outlines of organography, anatomy, and physiology. Part II. Descriptions and illustrations of the orders. By Emm. Le Maout [and] J. Decaisne. With 5500 figures by L. Steinheil a London, Longmans, Green & Co.1873. url .
- A list of the plants of the Pribilof Islands with notes on their distribution / by James M. Macoun. Washington: G.P.O., 1899. url .
- A manual of the flora of northern Idaho /Carl Epling and Joe Ewan. 1 1941 1941. url p. 25, p. 26.
- A manual of the more common herbaceous plants of Quebec and Ontario for use in connection with Groom's Botany / by D.P. Penhallow. Toronto: Copp, Clark, 1899. url .
- A naturalist in the Bahamas, John I. Northrop, October 12, 1861-June 25, 1891; a memorial volume / edited with a biographical introd. New YorkColumbia University Press1910 url p. 257.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: John I. Northrop, October 12 1861 - June 25, 1891; a memorial volume, ed., with a biographical introduction by Henry Fairfield Osborn. New York, The Columbia university press[c1910] url p. 257.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: New York, Columbia University Press[c1910] url .
- A popular California flora, or Manual of botany for beginners. Containing descriptions of flowering plants growing in central California, and westward to the ocean. With illustrated introductory lessons, especially adapted to San Francisco, A.L. Bancroft, 1882. url p. 119.
- A popular California flora, or, Manual of botany for beginners. Containing descriptions of flowering plants growing in central California, and westward to the ocean. With illustrated introductory lessons, especially adapted to the Pacific coast. By Volney Rattan. .. San Francisco, A.L. Bancroft and Company, 1885 [c1882] url p. 119.
- A preliminary list of the vascular flora of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania / by John A. Shaffer. Pittsburgh?: Carnegie Institute Museum?, 1901? url p. 109.
- A study of the vegetation of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho. .. Lincoln, Neb. url p. 90.
- A vegetation index of biotic integrity for small-order streams in southwest Montana and a floristic quality assessment for western Montana wetlands / [Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005]. url .
- An analytical key to some of the common flowering plants of the Rocky Mountain region / New York: D. Appleton, 1902. url .
- An annotated catalogue of types of the University of Illinois mycological collections (ILL) / Urbana: University of Illinois Press, c1997. url p. 263.
- An ecological survey in northern Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Chas. C. Adams. A report from the University museum, University of Michigan, published by the state Board of geological survey as a part of the report for 1905. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford co., state printers, 1906. url p. 88, p. 88.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 457.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 520.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 136.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 276.
- Annals of natural history. London, R. and J.E. Taylor, url p. 340.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 109.
- Annals of the Lyceum of Natural History of New York. New-York: 1824-1876. url p. 232.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 225.
- Annual report / Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. St. Paul: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1872-1898. url p. 145.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 5 1894 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 131.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 456.
- Annual report of the Bureau of American Ethnology to the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: U. S. Govt. Print. Off., 1897- url p. 486, p. 502, p. 517, p. 522, p. 854.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 62.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 625, p. 663.
- Annual report of the Regents of the University on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History, with catalogues of the same. Albany, N.Y.: The University, 1848-1873. url p. 32, p. 43.
- Annual report of the Trustees of the State Museum of Natural History for the year. .. Albany, N.Y.: The Trustees, 1886-1889. url p. 45.
- Annual report of the regents of the university of the state of New York on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History and the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 19, p. 42.
- Annual report upon explorations and surveys in the department of the Missouri / Washington: U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1878. url p. 1839.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 28.
- Annual report. United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories. 1st-12th, 1867-1878. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1867-83. url p. 486, p. 495.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 659.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 1946 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 15, p. 54, p. 91.
- Bergen's botany, key and flora. Northern and central states ed. By Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 40.
- Bergen's botany: key and flora: Northern and Central States ed. / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 39.
- Bering's voyages: an account of the efforts of the Russians to determine the relation of Asia and America / by F. A. Golder. New York: American Geographical Society, 1922-25. url p. 288, p. 58.
- Botany Cambridge, Mass., John Wilson and Son, 1880 url p. 177.
- Botany of Yakutat Bay, Alaska / by Frederick Vernon Coville; with a field report by Frederick Funston. Washington: GPO, 1895 [i.e. 1896] url , .
- Botany of the United States north of Virginia; comprising descriptions of the flowering and fern-like plants hitherto found in those states, arranged according to the natural system. With a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnean system, a New York, Harper, 1868. url p. 368.
- Botany. By W. H. Brewer, Sereno Watson, and Asa Gray. Boston, Little, Brown, 1880. url p. 177.
- Botany. Cambridge, Mass.Welch, Bigelow, University Press, 1876-80. url p. 177.
- Botany. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1871. url .
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 21 1932 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 11, p. 7.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 261, p. 266.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 132, p. 263, p. 284, p. 625, p. 663.
- Bulletin / University of Montana. Missoula: University of Montana, 1901-1910. url p. 23.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1908 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 137, p. 83.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 18 1891 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 173, p. 181, p. 244, p. 303, p. 318, p. 349, p. 443, p. 450, p. 500.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 6.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 210, p. 387.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 157.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , p. 28, p. 28.
- Catalogue of the cabinet of natural history of the state of New York, and of the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, C. Van Benthuysen, printer, 1853. url .
- Catalogue of the flora of Vermont, including phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants growing without cultivation. Burlington, [Vt.]Free Press Association, 1888. url p. 51.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 123.
- Catalogue of the phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants of Michigan, indigenous, naturalized, and adventive. By Chas. F. Wheeler and Erwin F. Smith. Lansing, W. S. George, 1881. url p. 7.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 29.
- Circle West vegetation monitoring study. Helena, Mont.: Energy Division, Montana Dept. of Natural Resources and Conservation, - url p. 26, p. 34.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892- url .
- Contributions from the Osborn Botanical Laboratory. [New Haven?]Osborn Botanical Laboratory, Yale University, url p. 319.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 19 1915 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 140, p. 201, p. 242, p. 246, p. 253, p. 313, p. 330, p. 346, p. 50, p. 525, p. 580, p. 603, p. 610, p. 693, p. XIII.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 28.
- Elementary botany Toronto: Copp, Clark, [1899?] url .
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- Elements of botany. Boston, Ginn[c1904, pref. 1906] url .
- Essentials of botany. Boston, Ginn[c1908] url , .
- Fauna of the Aleutian Islands and Alaska Peninsula, by Olaus J. Murie. Invertebrates and fishes collected in the Aleutians, 1936-38, by Victor B. Scheffer. Washington, Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 1959 url p. 23.
- Ferns and flowering plants of South Dakota. Sioux Falls, S.D.: W.A. Beach, 1899 url p. 129.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url p. 585.
- Field book of western wild flowers, by Margaret Armstrong in collaboration with J.J. Thornber. .. with five hundred illustrations in black and white, and forty-eight plates in color drawn from nature by the author. 1915 London, C. [sic] P. Putnam's Sons, 1915. url fig. 23, p. 47, p. 595, p. 595.
- Final report / Flathead Basin Forest Practices, Water Quality and Fisheries Cooperative Program. Kalispell, Mont. (723 5th Ave. E., Kalispell 59901): Flathead Basin Commission,  url p. 193.
- First report on the flora of Wyoming / Aven Nelson. Laramie: Wyoming Experiment Station, 1896. url p. 182.
- Flora boreali-Americana, or, The botany of the northern parts of British America compiled principally from the plants collected by Dr. Richardson & Mr. Drummond on the late northern expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. to which are added (by permission of by Sir William Jackson Hooker. London: H.G. Bohn, 1840. url .
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, 1922. url p. 244.
- Flora of Colorado, Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url .
- Flora of Colorado, by P. A. Rydberg, PH. D. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 84.
- Flora of Colorado, by P.A. Rydberg. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 84, p. 84.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 303.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url .
- Flora of Mount Desert Island, Maine: a preliminary catalogue of the plants growing on Mount Desert and the adjacent islands / by Edward L. Rand and John H. Redfield; with a geological introduction by William Morris Davis, and a new map of Mount Desert Island. Cambridge, Mass.: J. Wilson, 1894. url p. 155.
- Flora of Mount Desert island, Maine. A preliminary catalogue of the plants growing on Mount Desert and the adjacent islands. By Edward L. Rand and John H. Redfield. With a geological introduction by William Morris Davis, and a new map of Mount Desert island. Cambridge, Mass., J. Wilson and son, 1894. url p. 155.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 140.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 140.
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 85.
- Flora of Vermont; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Ezra Brainerd, L.R. Jones and W.W. Eggleston, committee for the Vermont botanical club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Association, 1900. url p. 28.
- Flora of Willoughby, Vermont / George G. Kennedy. Boston: [s.n.], 1904. url p. 110.
- Flora of Willoughby, Vermont. [By] George G. Kennedy. Boston, 1904. url p. 110.
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, by Charles V. Piper. .. and R. Kent Beattie. .. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1914. url p. 64, p. 64.
- Flora of the Black Hills of South Dakota. By P.A. Rydberg. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1896. url p. 525.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 279, p. 47, p. 87.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 168.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url , p. 348.
- Flora of the Yellowstone National Park / by Frank Tweedy. Washington, D.C.: F. Tweedy, 1886. url p. 64, p. 64.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 102.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 270, p. 270.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url .
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 201.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 201.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 237.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp, by Caroline A. Creevey. Illustrated by Benjamin Lander. New York, Harper, 1897. url p. 567.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp; New York, Harper & Brothers, 1899. url .
- Foundations of botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 39, p. 39.
- Foundations of botany, Boston, Ginn & Co., 1901. url .
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url p. 47.
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 292.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 809, p. 889.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 19, p. 468.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , .
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 502.
- Hooker, W. J. & G. A. W. Arnott. The botany of Captain Beechey's voyage;comprising an acount of the plants collected by Messrs. Lay and Collie, and other officers of the expedition, during the voyage to the Pacific and Behring's Strait, performed in His Majesty's ship Blossom, under the command of Captain F. W. Beechey. .. in the years 1825, 26, 27, and 28.By Sir William Jackson Hooker. .. and G. A. Walker Arnott. .. 1841 London, H. G. Bohn, 1841. url p. 118, p. 481.
- Hooker, W. J. Flora boreali-americana, or, the botany of the northern parts of British America: compiled principally from the plants collected by Dr. Richardson & Mr. Drummond on the late northern expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. To which are added (by permission of the Horticultural society of London, ) those of Mr. Douglas, from north-west America, and of other naturalists /by Sir William Jackson Hooker. 2 1840 London, H.G. Bohn -1840. url p. 173.
- How to know the wild flowers: a guide to the names, haunts, and habits of our common wild flowers / by Mrs. William Starr Dana [i.e. F.T.S.D. Parsons]; illustrated by Marion Satterlee and Elsie Louise Shaw. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1913. url p. 201, p. 338.
- How to know wild fruits; a guide to plants when not in flower by means of fruit and leaf; by Mary Elisabeth Herbert. New York, Macmillan, 1914. url , , p. 16, p. 17, p. 340.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 181.
- Introduction to botany, Boston, Ginn and company[c1914] url .
- Introduction to botany. Boston, Ginn url p. 40.
- Inventory of plants, plant communities and herpetofauna of concern in the vicinity of the Snow-Talon burn, Helena National Forest / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005. url .
- Journal and proceedings of the Hamilton Association. [Hamilton, Ont.]: Printed for the Hamilton Association by the Spector Printing Co., -1899. url p. 72.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 8-9 1988-1989 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 110, p. 194, p. 198, p. 200, figure 6, figure 8.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. Botany. 7 1864 London: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, & Roberts: ||Williams and Norgate, 1857-1864. url p. 135.
- Key and flora, northern and central states. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 40.
- Key and flora: northern and central states / Boston: Ginn, 1908. url .
- Lake Superior its physical character, vegetation and animals, compared with those of other and similar regions / Boston: Gould, Kendall and Lincoln, 1850. url .
- Lake Superior. [With a narrative of the tour by J. Elliot Cabot. Huntington, N.Y.]R. E. Krieger Pub. Co., 1974 [c1850] url p. 166.
- Lake Superior: its physical character, vegetation, and animals, compared with those of other and similar regions. By Louis Agassiz. With a narrative of the tour, by J. Elliot Cabot. And contributions by other scientific gentlemen. .. Boston, Gould, Kendall and Lincoln, 1850. url p. 166, p. 166.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 104, p. 11.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 115, p. 354.
- List of the plants known to occur on the coast and in the interior of the Labrador peninsula compiled by James M. Macoun. S.l.: s.n., 1896? url .
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi, and north of North Carolina and Tennessee / New York: American Book Company, c1889. url p. 526.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 272.
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url .
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 127, p. 137, p. 161, p. 169, p. 198, p. 41, p. 441, p. 628, p. 632, p. 993.
- Memoir / Ithaca, N.Y. url p. 829.
- Memoirs of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. [Boston: The Academy, url p. 434, p. 439.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 101, p. 101, p. 237.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 115, p. 354.
- Memoirs read before the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston, [Boston Society of Natural History]1862-1946. url p. 263, p. 3.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url p. 62, p. 62.
- Miramichi wild flowers by R. Mackenzie. Montreal: J. Lovell, 1887. url .
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 142, p. 32.
- Miscellaneous publications / University of Michigan, Museum of Zoology. Ann Arbor, Mich.: The University, 1916- url p. 9.
- Mountain wild flowers of America: a simple and popular guide to the names and descriptions of the flowers that bloom above the clouds / by Julia W. Henshaw. Boston: Ginn, 1906. url p. 364, p. 380.
- Mountain wild flowers of America; a simple and popular guide to the names and descriptions of the flowers that bloom above the clouds, by Julia W. Henshaw. Boston, Ginn, 1906. url p. 115, p. 380, p. 380.
- Mountain wild flowers of Canada; a simple and popular guide to the names and descriptions of the flowers that bloom above the clouds, Julia W. Henshaw. Toronto, Briggs, 1906. url p. 380.
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 110, p. 168.
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 400.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 322, p. 322.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 326, p. 50.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 43.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1909] url .
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 254, p. 411, p. 45, p. 8, p. 94.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 7 1912-1913 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 22, p. 272, p. 317, p. 404.
- Pamphlets on silviculture. [1899- url p. 274, p. 274.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 186.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 93.
- Plant indicators: the relation of plant communities to process and practice. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url p. 387.
- Plant life in Alpine Switzerland; being an account in simple language of the natural history of Alpine plants, London, J. Murray, 1910. url , .
- Postelsia: the year book of the Minnesota Seaside Station. St. Paul, Minn.: Pioneer Press, 1902-1906. url p. 104, p. 104.
- Practical botany, structural and systematic, the latter portion being an analytical key to the wild flowering plants, trees, shrubs, ordinary herbs, sedges and grasses of the northern and middle United States east of the Mississippi, by August Koehler. ... New York, H. Holt and Company, 1876. url p. 399.
- Preliminary list of plants growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Manchester, New Hampshire. Comp. by Frederick W. Batchelder. Manchester, N. H., Manchester institute of arts and sciences url p. 16.
- Preliminary report of explorations in Nebraska and Dakota, in the years 1855-'56-'57, by Lieut. G.K. Warren, Topographical Engineers. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1875. url p. 122.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url , p. 174, p. 296, p. 296, p. 76, p. 76, p. 93, p. 93.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 269, p. 404, p. 679.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 427, p. 444, p. 470.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of London. London, Published for the Linnean Society of London by Academic Press [etc.], 1848-1968. url p. 400.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 6 1883 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 135, p. 218, p. 219, p. 526.
- Proceedings. Halifax url .
- Pteridophyta, Gymnospermae and Monocotyledones / by O. Gelert and C.H. Ostenfeld. Copenhagen: Nordiske forlag, 1902. url p. 35.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, Office of the Regents, 1871-1888 url p. 32, p. 34, p. 42, p. 43, p. 45, p. 45.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 118.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url p. 936.
- Report of the geological exploration of the fortieth parallel / Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1870-80 url , p. 523.
- Report. Victoria, B.C. url p. 14.
- Rocky mountain flowers; an illustrated guide for plantlovers and plant-users; with twenty-five plates in color and twenty-one plates in black and white [by] Frederic Edward Clements...and Edith Schwartz Clements... 1914 New York city, the H.W. Wilson company, 1914. url p. 310, explanation of plate 44.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 626.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray / selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, 1889. url p. 128.
- Scientific results of the Katmai expeditions of the National Geographic Society. I-X. By Robert F. Griggs, J.W. Shipley, Jasper D. Sayre, Paul R. Hagelbarger and James S. Hine. Columbus: The Ohio State University, 1920. url , p. 196.
- Selected western flora: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta / Toronto: Macmillan Company of Canada, [c1915] url .
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Big Belt and Elkhorn Mountains, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Helena National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jackie M. Poole and Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Helena National Forest. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url , .
- Sensitive plant surveys, 1989: U.S. Forest Service, Region 1, Gallatin National Forest / prepared for United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service; prepared by Sarah Y. Mathews. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 22.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 270.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 138 1960 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 244.
- Status review of Cypripedium passerinum, U.S. Forest Service, Region 1, Flathead and Lewis & Clark National Forests, Montana / prepared by J. Stephen Shelly. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program url p. 10, p. 25.
- Status review of Orchis rotundifolia, U.S. Forest Service, Region 1, Flathead and Lewis & Clark National Forests, Montana / prepared by J. Stephen Shelly. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 10, p. 27.
- Students' handbook to accompany Plants and their uses / by Frederick Leroy Sargent. New York: Henry Holt, 1914. url .
- Sub-alpine plants: or, Flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / by H. Stuart Thompson; with 33 coloured plates (168 figures) by George Flemwell. London: Dutton, 1912. url p. 14, p. 2, p. 323.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / [London]: E.P. Dutton & Co., 1912. url .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url , , p. 103, p. 19, p. 28, p. 45, p. 56, p. 59, p. 7.
- The Aleutian islands: their people and natural history (with keys for the identification of the birds and plants) City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1945. url p. 100.
- The American journal of science. 23 (2) 1857 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 70.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 62 1948 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url tisdale & budd , p. 126, p. 193, p. 224, p. 226, p. 288, p. 305, p. 342, p. 378, p. 49, p. 510, p. 530, p. 643, p. 650, p. 676, p. 742, p. 77, p. 9, p. 95.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 133.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal: Natural History Society, 1884-1916. url p. 24, p. 288.
- The English rock-garden, by Reginald Farrer. London, Jack, 1919. url p. 383.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , p. 104, p. 215, p. 350, p. 571, p. 78.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 49 1989 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 223, p. 282, p. 66.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 36 1903-05 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 110, p. 516, p. 519.
- The Labrador coast. A journal of two summer cruises to that region. New York: N.D.C. Hodges, 1891. url .
- The Labrador coast. New York, N. D. C. Hodges: [etc., etc.]1891. url p. 469.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 172, p. 179.
- The North American cup-fungi (inoperculates) New York, 1951. url p. 169, p. 395.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 119, p. 196, p. 414.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 83, p. 83.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 243.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 151, p. 184.
- The Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science. Halifax, Nova Scotian Institute of Science. url p. 508.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 345, p. 351.
- The University of Colorado studies. Boulder, University of Colorado. url p. 150, p. 162.
- The University of Missouri studies. [Columbia]: The University, 1905-1918. url p. 176, p. 241, p. 28, p. 93.
- The Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes, by Robert F. Griggs, PH. D.; with 9 maps and 233 illustrations. Washington, National Geographic Society, 1922. url p. 340.
- The flora of Boulder, Colorado, and vicinity, by Francis Potter Daniels. .. [Columbia, Mo.]The University of Missouri, 1911. url p. 28, p. 93.
- The flora of North Carolina from Ranunculaceae to Salviniaceae / C.W. Hyams. Raleigh, N.C.: The North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1899. url p. 346.
- The flora of the Palouse region. Containing descriptions of all the Spermatophytes and Pteridophytes known to grow wild in the area within 35 kilometers of Pullman, Washington. By Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Pullman, Washington Agricultural College and School of Science, 1901. url p. 46.
- The flora of the upper Susquehanna and its tributaries / by WJillard Nelson Clute. Binghamton, N.Y.: W.N. Clute, 1898. url p. 110.
- The fur seals and fur-seal islands of the North Pacific ocean. Washington, Govt. Print. Off.1898-99. url , .
- The geological and natural history survey of Minnesota: the twelfth annual report for the year 1883 / N.H. Winchell. Minneapolis: Johnson, Smith & Harrison, 1884. url p. 145.
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 408, p. 408, p. 573, p. 573.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url , .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 408, p. 573.
- The land of the blue poppy: travels of a naturalist in eastern Tibet. Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url p. 278.
- The natural history of Chautauqua. New York: B. W. Huebsch, 1917. url p. 53.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url .
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 417, p. 530.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 11.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 116, p. 21.
- The relation of leaf structure to physical factors.  url p. 101, p. 32.
- The vascular flora of the eastern Penobscot Bay region, Maine. [Portland, Maine, 1919. url p. 229.
- The vegetable kingdom: or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the natural system / by John Lindley. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1846. url p. 204, p. 829.
- The vegetable kingdom; or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, LondonBradbury & Evans1853 url p. 204.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 102, p. 195, p. 232, p. 290, p. 300.
- Transactions of the Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences. New Haven: Published by the Academy, 1866- url p. 319, p. 370.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 119.
- Transactions of the Linnaean Society of New York. New York: The Society, 1882- url p. 232.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 5 1896 London. url p. 212, p. 213.
- Transactions of the Sapporo Natural History Society. Sapporo, Japan, Sapporo Natural History Society, Hokkaido Imperial University. url , p. 151, p. 151.
- University studies of the University of Nebraska. Lincoln. url p. 343.
- Vegetation and flora of the Line Creek Plateau area, Carbon County, Montana / prepared by Peter Lesica and the Montana Natural Heritage Program; prepared for USDA Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 29.
- Watson, S. Botany /by Sereno Watson, aided by Daniel C. Eaton, and others. 5 1871 Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1871. url p. 345.
- Who's who among the wild flowers / compiled and illustrated by W. I. Beecroft; with an introd. by Frances Duncan. New York: Moffat, Yard, 1910. url p. 359.
- Who's who among the wild flowers; comp. and illustrated by W. I. Beecroft, with an introduction by Frances Duncan. New York, Moffat, Yard and company, 1910. url p. 359.
- Wild flower families; the haunts, characters, and family relationships of the herbaceous wild flowers, with suggestions for their identification, by Clarence M. Weed. .. with 83 illustrations. and London: J.B. Lippincott company, 1908. url p. 240.
- Wild flowers of New York, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1918. url p. 359.
- Wild flowers of the North American mountains. New York, McBride, 1917. url p. 375, p. 9.
- Wild flowers; New York, Macmillan Co., 1934. url .
- Zoe:a biological journal. 2 1891 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 267, p. 293.
- Wang Fa-tsuan & Tang Tsin, eds. 1978; 1980. Liliaceae. Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 15: 1--280; 14: 1--308.
- Fassett, N. C. 1935. Notes from the herbarium of the University of Wisconsin XII. A study of Streptopus. Rhodora 37: 88-113.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 15, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 30, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from provider.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- "Streptopus amplexifolius". in Flora of North America Vol. 26 Page 145, 146, 147. Published by Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- The International Plant Names Index. Accessed Dec 27, 2011.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (May 01, 2008)
- World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. Release date: November 27, 2009
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 28, 2007:
- Berkeley Natural History Museums, University and Jepson Herbaria DiGIR provider
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Bundesamt für Naturschutz / Zentralstelle für Phytodiversität Deutschland, Bundesamt fuer Naturschutz / Zentralstelle fuer Phytodiversitaet Deutschland
- Canadian Museum of Nature, Canadian Museum of Nature Herbarium
- European Environment Agency, EUNIS
- GBIF-Spain, Botánica, Universidad de León: LEB-Cormo
- Institute of Nature Conservation PAS, National System of Proetcted Areas
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Flora of the Stołowe Mts.
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, The Deaver Herbarium, Northern Arizona University
- Steiermärkisches Landesmuseum Joanneum - Herbarium GJO, Herbarium GJO
- Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum, Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- University of Washington Burke Museum, Vascular Plant Collection - University of Washington Herbarium
- Utah State University, USU-UTC Specimen Database
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- inatura - Erlebnis Naturschau Dornbirn, inatura - Erlebnis Naturschau Dornbirn
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2662658
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Kew-287538
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2481187
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:542061-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 35779
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 43044
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 1160363-1
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: STAM2
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 64671
- Xinqi Chen, Prof. Song-Yun Liang, Jie-mei Xu, David E. Boufford, Michael G. Gilbert, Rudolf V. Kamelin, Shoichi Kawano, Tetsuo Koyama, Elena V. Mordak, Junko Noguchi, Victor G. Soukup, Hiroshi Takahashi, Kamilla G. Tamanian, Minoru N. Tamura & Nicholas J. Turland "Liliaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 24 Page 73. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Frederick H. Utech "Streptopus". in Flora of North America Vol. 26 Page 14, 15, 51, 57, 145. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Streptopus amplexifolius". in Flora of North America Vol. 26 Page 145, 146, 147. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 853.900 meters (2,801.509 feet), Standard Deviation = 719.590 based on 784 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]