Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Burmese:
Common Names in Danish:
Sød Mombinblomme, Soed Mombinblomme
Common Names in English:
Ambarella, Caja-Manga, Dwarf Ambarella, Golden Apple, Golden-Apple, Great Hog Plum, Hog Plum, Jew Plum, Jew-Plum, Jewish Plum, June Plum, Li Tree, Makopa, Oatahette Apple, Otaheite Apple, Otaheite-Apple, Polynesian Plum, Polynesian-Plum, Tahitian Quince, Wi-Tree, Yellow Plum, Yellow-Plum
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Casamangue, Pomme Cythère, Pomme De Cythère, Pommier De Cythère, Prune Cythère, Prune De Cythère, Prunier D´amérique, Prunier De Cythère
Common Names in German:
Goldpflaume, Süsse Mombinpflaume, Suesse Mombinpflaume, Tahiti-Apfel, Tahitiapfel
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Khmer:
Common Names in Laotian:
Common Names in Malay:
Kedongdong, Kedongdong Manis (Indonesia)
Common Names in Spanish:
Ambarella, Hobo De Racimos (Colombia), Jobo De La India, Juplón (Costa Rica), Manzana De Oro (Peru), Spondias Dorata
Common Names in Swedish:
Cytheraaepple, Guldplommon, Soett Balsamplommon, Tahitiaepple
Common Names in Tagalog:
Common Names in Thai:
Má Kok Wan (As S Cytherea), Makok, Makok Farang
Common Names in unspecified:
Ambarella, Jewish Plum
Common Names in Vietnamese:
Species Spondias dulcis
Tree 18m tall, 40cm dbh. BARK : smooth , grey with faint vertical lines , slight horizontal ridges c.20cm long and eye-shaped scars at old nodes. SLASH: soft, brittle, fibrous , chunky, thin, pale pink-brown with red fire lines, sapwood yellow. LEAVES: US midrib , secondary and marginal nerves slightly prominant; LS secondary and marginal nerves slightly raised, tertiary nerves obscure ; teeth glandular .
Flowers: Bloom Period: blooms repeatedly • Flower Color: inconspicuous, near white, none, white
Size: 12-18" tall.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 9b, 10a, 10b, 11. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Evia dulcis (Parkinson) Kosterm. • Spondias cythera Sonner. • Spondias cytherea Sonnerat
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Spondias
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 10 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
S. axillaris (Himalayan Ambarella) · S. dulcis (Ambarella) · S. haplophylla (Single-Leaved Spondias) · S. indica (Mango) · S. lakonensis (Hairy-Leaved Cantonese Mombin) · S. macrocarpa (Cajo-Redondo) · S. mombin (Hogplum) · S. pinnata (Common Hog Plum) · S. purpurea (Ciruela) · S. tuberosa (Imbu)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url .
- A dictionary of popular names of the plants which furnish the natural and acquired wants of man, in all matters of domestic and general economy. Their history, products, & uses, by John Smith. London, Macmillan, 1882. url p. 304.
- A general history of the dichlamydeous plants, comprising complete descriptions of the different orders; together with the characters of the genera and species, and an enumeration of the cultivated varieties. .. the scientific names accentuated, t By George Don. London, J.G. and F. Rivington [etc.]1831-38. url p. 79.
- A general system of botany, descriptive and analytical in two parts; tr. from the original by Mrs. Hooker. .. with additions, an appendix on the natural method, and a synopsis of the orders by J.D. Hooker. London, Longmans, 1876. url p. 363.
- A general system of gardening and botany. Founded upon Miller's Gardener's dictionary, and arranged according to the natural system. By George Don. London, Printed for C. J. G. and F. Rivington, 1831-38. url p. 79.
- A handbook of tropical gardening and planting, with special reference to Ceylon, by H. F. Macmillan. .. Colombo, H.W. Cave & co., 1914. url p. 185.
- A manual of gardening for Bengal and Upper India. By Thomas A. C. Firminger. .. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink and co.; [etc., etc.]1874. url p. 234, p. 619.
- A manual of gardening for western and southern India, by R. Riddell. Ed. and rev. by Lieutenant-colonel Boddam. Madras: Higginbotham and co., 1884. url p. 156.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 969.
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 391.
- A naturalist in Brazil; the record of a year's observation of her flora, her fauna, and her people, by Konrad Guenther. .. translated by Bernard Miall. .. Boston, Houghton Mifflin Company, 1931. url p. 377.
- A preliminary catalogue of the Bernice Pauahi Bishop museum of Polynesian ethnology and natural history. .. Honolulu, 1892-93. url p. 23.
- A review of the identifications of the species described in Blanco's Flora de Filipinas, Manila, Bureau of public printing, 1905. url p. 36.
- A supplement to the Pharmacopia, and treatise on pharmacology in general: including not only the drugs and preparations used by practitioners of medicine, but also most of those employed in the chemical arts: together with a collection of the most useful medical formulæ. . by Samuel Frederic Gray. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1836. url p. 102.
- A year in Fiji, or, An inquiry into the botanical, agricultural, and economical resources of the colony. By John Horne. .. Published at the request of the Hon. Sir A. H. Gordon. .. London: E. Stanford; [etc., etc.], 1881. url p. 268.
- Agricultural news. Bridgetown, Barbados, Bowen & sons;1902-22. url p. 36, p. 428, p. 429.
- An elementary course of botany: structural, physiological, and systematic / by Arthur Henfrey. London: John Van Voorst, 1878. url p. 685.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 471.
- An enumeration of the vascular plants known from Surinam: together with their distribution and synonymy / by A. Pulle. Leiden: E. J. Brill, 1906. url p. 265, p. 503, p. 506, p. 550.
- An illustrated dictionary of scientific terms. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, pref. 1878. url p. 339.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 33 1923 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 154, p. 160.
- Annual report of the Office of Experiment Stations. .. / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington: G.P.O., 1902-1913. url p. 441.
- Bernice P. Bishop Museum bulletin. Honolulu, Hawaii: Bishop Museum Press, 1922-1987. url p. 138, p. 144, p. 258.
- Boston journal of natural history. Boston, Boston Society of Natural History. url p. 84.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url p. 471.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 244, p. 481.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 117.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1919 1919 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 52.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 368.
- Bulletin of the Department of Agriculture, Trinidad and Tobago. Trinidad: Dept. of Agriculture, 1914-1927. url , , p. 8.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., Govt. Print. Off., 1913-1923. url p. 14, p. 14, p. 47, p. 47.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 117, p. 49, p. 54, p. 60, p. 64, p. 79, p. 85, p. 88.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 215.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url .
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 105.
- Catalogue of the economic products of the Presidency of Bombay: being a catalogue of the Government Central Museum, Division 1., Raw produce (vegetable) / compiled by Assistant Surgeon Birdwood. Bombay: Printed at the Education Society's Press, 1862. url p. 147.
- Chamber's encyclopaedia, a dictionary of universal knowledge. London, Chambers, 1902. url p. 20.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 233, p. 332, p. 513.
- Chinese materia medica. extensively revised from F. Porter Smith's work by G. A. Stuart. Shanghai?: Presbyterian Mission Press?, 1911? url p. 421.
- Common trees of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands / by Elbert L. Little, Jr., and Frank H. Wadsworth. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, 1964. url p. 292, p. 546.
- Contribution [I]-III to the coastal and plain flora of Yucatan, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh. 1 1895 Chicago, 1895-1898. url p. xvii.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 24 1931 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 120, p. 140, p. 244, p. 368, p. 409, p. 410, p. 437, p. 492, p. 579, p. 76, p. IX.
- Cruise of the "Alert": four years in Patagonian, Polynesian, and Mascarene waters, 1878-82 / with sixteen full-page woodcut illus. from photos. by F. North, and from sketches by the author. LondonW.S. Sonnenschein1884 url p. 256.
- Cruise of the "Alert." Four years in Patagonian, Polynesian, and Mascarene waters (1878-82) / by R.W. Coppinger; with sixteen full-page woodcut illustrations from photographs by F. North, and from sketches by the author London: S. Sonnenschein and Co., 1899 url p. 173, p. 256.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1862, p. 1864.
- Das Obst der Tropen. Berlin, W. Susserott url , p. 52.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 64.
- Emergency food plants and poisonous plants of the islands of the Pacific / [E.D. Merrill] Washington, D.C.: U.S. Govt. Print. Office, 1943. url , p. 147, p. 98, p. 99.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 485.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 452, p. 453, p. 455.
- Flora barbadensis: a catalogue of plants, indigenous, naturalized, and cultivated, in Barbados: to which is prefixed, a geological description of the island /by James Dottin Maycock. 1830 London: J. Ridgeway, 1830. url p. 429, p. 435.
- Flora of Jamaica, containing descriptions of the flowering plants known from the island, by William Fawcett and Alfred Barton Rendle. London.Printed by order of the Trustees of the British Museum, 1910- url p. 17.
- Flora of the Hawaiian islands: a description of their phanerogams and vascular cryptogams /by William Hillebrand; annotated and published after the author's death by W.F. Hillebrand. 1888 London: New York: Williams & Norgate; B. Westermann, 1888. url p. 89.
- Flora of the island of St. Croix. By Charles Frederick Millspaugh. 1 1902 Chicago, 1902. url p. 504.
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 563.
- Fruit recipes; a manual of the food value of fruits and nine hundred different ways of using them, New York, Doubleday, Page & Co., 1907. url .
- Fruits of the Hawaiian Islands, Honolulu, The Hawaiian gazette co., ltd., 1911. url , , .
- Fruits of the Hawaiian Islands, by Gerrit Parmile Wilder. Honolulu, T.H., Hawaiian gazette co., ltd.1911. url p. 57.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1992 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 1336.
- Harmsworth's Universal encyclopedia, written by the leading authorities in every branch of knowledge and edited by J.A. Hammerton. London, Educational Bk. Co.[n.d.] url p. 4022.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url p. 849.
- How to keep bees for profit, New York, The Macmillan company, 1918. url p. 314.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 169.
- Johnson's Gardeners' dictionary and cultural instructor. London, A. T. De La Mare printing and publishing co., ltd. url p. 703.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 4 1908 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 641, p. 647.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 6 1868 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 389.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 23 2003 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 203.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 35 1934 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 275, p. 303.
- Journal of the Right Hon. Sir Joseph Banks. .. during Captain Cook's first voyage in H.M.S. Endeavour in 1768-71 to Terra del Fuego, Otahite, New Zealand, Australia, the Dutch East Indies, etc. / London; Macmillan & Co., Ltd., 1896. url .
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 11, p. 153, p. 16.
- Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology. London: printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1829-1837. url p. 93.
- Manual of tropical and subtropical fruits, excluding the banana, coconut, pineapple, citrus fruits, olive, and fig, by Wilson Popenoe. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1920. url p. 156, p. 156.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 64.
- Memoirs of the American Entomological Society. Philadelphia, American Entomological Society, 1916- url p. 106, p. 145.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 1 1890 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 187.
- Narrative of a whaling voyage round the globe, from the year 1833 to 1836. Comprising sketches of Polynesia, California, the Indian Archipelago, etc. with an account of southern whales, the sperm whale fishery, and the natural history of the climates visited London, Richard Bentley, 1840 url p. 351, p. 387.
- Narrative of the circumnavigation of the globe by the Austrian frigate Novara, (Commodore B. von Wullerstorf-Urbair, ): undertaken by order of the imperial government, in the years l857, 1858, & 1859, under the immediate auspices of His I. and R. Highness the Archduke Ferdinand Maximilian, Commander-in-Chief of the Aust By Dr. Karl Scherzer. London: Saunders, Otley, 1861-63. url p. 226.
- Narrative of the voyage of H. M. S. Samarang, during the years 1843-46; employed surveying the islands of the Eastern archipelago; accompanied by a brief vocabulary of the principal languages... With notes on the natural history of the islands by Arthur Adams... London: Reeve, Benham, and Reeve, 1848. url p. 288.
- Natural history of Hawaii, being an account of the Hawaiian people, the geology and geography of the islands, and the native and introduced plants and animals of the group, Honolulu, Hawaii[Printed for the author by] the Hawaiian gazette co., ltd., 1915. url p. 266, p. 523.
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 532, p. 625.
- Official guide to the museums of economic botany. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off., by Darling1907 url p. 57.
- Origin of cultivated plants / by Alphonse de Candolle. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1908. url p. 202.
- Origin of cultivated plants, by Alphonse de Candolle. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1884. url p. 468.
- Origin of cultivated plants. By Alphonse de Candolle. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1902. url p. 202.
- Origin of cultivated plants. New York, Appleton, 1892. url , .
- Physiology at the farm in aid of rearing and feeding the live stock. Edinburgh and London, W. Blackwood and sons. url p. xviii.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 145, p. 385.
- Proceedings of the American Pomological Society. Columbus. url p. 195.
- Proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: [The Society]1865-1905. url p. 122.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 195, p. 256, p. 35.
- Proceedings of the Essex Institute. Salem: Essex Institute Press. url p. 177.
- Proceedings of the First Agricultural Conference, Malaya, held at the Chamber of Commerce, Kuala Lumpur, April 25th to 28th 1917.. ..; ed. by L. Lewton-Brain and B. Bunting. Kuala Lumpur, Govt. Printer, 1917. url p. 151.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , , p. 157, p. 217, p. 241, p. 753, p. 94.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Queensland. [Brisbane, Royal Society of Queensland]1885- url p. 102.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 19 1897 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 860.
- Proceedings. Salem, Mass.(1856-70) url p. 177.
- Report of the Australian Association for the advancement of Science. Sidney, The Association. url p. 264.
- Report on the agricultural resources and capabilities of Hawaii. Washington, Govt. Print. off., 1901. url p. 42, p. 49.
- Report on the forest resources of Western Australia / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. London: Reeve, 1879. url p. 22.
- Report: . .. Washington, Blair & Rives, printers, 1838 url p. 96.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 49, p. 54, p. 64, p. 85, p. 88.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 637.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 323, p. 396.
- Species Blancoanae: a critical revision of the Philippine species of plants described by Blanco and by Llanos /by E.D. Merrill. 1918 Manila: Bureau of Printing, 1918. url p. 233.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 526, p. 546.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 101.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 205.
- The California horticulturist and floral magazine. San Francisco, Calif.: F.A. Miller & Co., 1870- url p. 249.
- The Cottage gardeners' dictionary: describing the plants, fruits, and vegetables desirable for the garden, and explaining the terms and operations employed in their cultivation; with an alphabetical list of synonymes / edited by George W. Johnson. London: Henry G. Bohn, 1863. url p. 854.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 123, p. 616.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1405, p. 32.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 23, p. 385, p. 507, p. 66, p. 682.
- The Hawaiian forester and agriculturist. Honolulu: Hawaiian Gazette Co., 1904-1933. url p. 242, p. 292, p. 299.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 30 1895 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 173, p. 203, p. 22, p. 293, p. 479, p. 558, p. 714.
- The Mediterranean fruit fly [Ceratitis capitata Wied.] Washington, Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 14.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 90.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 188.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 57, p. 659, p. 707, p. 740, p. 754, p. 774, p. 820.
- The Solomon Islands and their natives / by H.B. Guppy. London: Swan Sonnenschein, Lowrey, 1887. url p. 190.
- The colony of British Honduras: its resources and prospects; with particular reference to its indigenous plants and economic productions / by D. Morris. London: Edward Stanford, 1883. url p. 114.
- The flora of Jamaica; a description of the plants of that island, arranged according to the natural orders. With and appendix, containing an enumeration of the genera according to the Linnaean system, and an essay on the geographical destribution of the species. By James Macfadyen, M. D. Vo. I. Ranunculac London, Longman, Orme, Brown, Green, & Longman; [etc., etc.]1837. url p. 229.
- The flora of the American Virgin Islands / N.L. Britton. New York: New York Botanical Garden, 1918. url p. 64.
- The forest resources of the territories of Papua and New Guineareport by C.E. Lane-Poole. 1925 [Melbourne]:Printed and Pub. for the government of the commonwealth of Australia by H.J. Green, government printer for the State of Victoria,  url p. 106, p. 108, p. 209, p. 28, p. 32, p. 61.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 156.
- The gardens' bulletin, Straits Settlements. Singapore: Straits Times Press, 1913-1941. url p. 205.
- The indigenous trees of the Hawaiian Islands / by Joseph F. Rock. Honolulu: J.F. Rock; 1913. url p. 262.
- The journal of the Horticultural Society of London. London, [England]: Published for the Society, by Longman and Co., 1846-1855. url p. 317.
- The natural history of plants. By H. Baillon. Tr. by Marcus M. Hartog. London, L. Reeve & co., 1871-88. url p. 305.
- The natural history of plants. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1871-88. url , .
- The natural history of plants. Translated by Marcus M. Hartog. LondonL. Reeve1871- url p. 290.
- The principles of fruit-growing, London, Macmillan & co., ltd., 1913. url p. 4.
- The principles of fruit-growing, with applications to practice, by L. H. Bailey. London, Macmillan & Co., ltd., 1915. url p. 430, p. 430, p. 5, p. 5.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1695, p. 1701, p. 3635, p. 48.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 184.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url , p. 670.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 6 1901-1905 London. url p. 269, p. 507.
- Tropical agriculture: the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url .
- Tropical agriculture; the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / by Earley Vernon Wilcox. London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url p. 138.
- Tropical and subtropical fruits / by B. E. Dahlgren, Curator Emeritus, Dept. of Botany, Drawings by Albert Frey. [Chicago]:Chicago Natural History Museum, 1947. url p. 14, p. 72.
- United States exploring expedition. During the year 1838, 1839, 1840, 1841, 1842. Under the command of Charles Wilkes, U.S.N... Philadelphia: Printed by C. Sherman, 1844-74. url p. 118, p. 32, p. 423.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 325, p. 582, p. 777, p. 821, p. 929, p. 952, p. 999.
- Viti: an account of a government mission to the Vitian or Fijian Islands in the years 1860-61. By Berthold Seemann. . Cambridge, Macmillan & Co., 1862 url p. 316.
- West African forests and forestry / London: T.F. Unwin, ltd.,  url .
- West African forests and forestry, by A. Harold Unwin. .. with 110 illustrations by the author. London, T. F. Unwin, ltd. url p. 124, p. 524.
- [Pamphlets on agriculture in Guam] S.l.: s.n., 1905-1916 url p. 19.
- [Publications] - Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903-1906. url p. 36.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 15, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 31, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 4 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- The International Plant Names Index. Accessed Jan 19, 2007.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (May 01, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 30, 2007:
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden Virtual Herbarium Darwin Core format
- Herbier de la Guyane, Herbier de la Guyane
- Instituto Nacional de Biodiversidad
- , Biodiversidad de Costa Rica
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2663354
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-182142
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13729185
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:71455-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 35331
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 182142
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 71455-1
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: SPCY2
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 64107