- Spinach is an important and widely cultivated crop of unknown origin , though known from the Mediterranean region since ancient times. The plant is prized as a rich source of vitamins, calcium, iron, and antioxidant carotenoids, but, if ingested in excessive amounts, the high concentration of oxalates in the leaves can be toxic by inhibiting the absorption of calcium. The cultivated form named var. oleracea has spiny seeds and tends to be more cold hardy than var. inermis, the smooth-seeded variety that is more tolerant of warm weather. [source]
Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Albanian:
Common Names in Amharic:
Common Names in Arabic:
Isfanahk, Ispanahk, Sabanekh (Egypt), سبانخ
Common Names in Azerbaijani:
Common Names in Basque:
Common Names in Burmese:
Common Names in Catalan, Valencian:
Common Names in Chinese:
Bo Cai, 菠菜
Common Names in Croatian:
Goli Spinat, Špinat
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Spinach, Cultivated Spinach, English spinach
Common Names in Esperanto:
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
épinard, épinard Potager, Epinard
Common Names in German:
Echter Spinat, Spinat
Common Names in Greek:
Common Names in Greek (modern):
Common Names in Haitian, Haitian Creole:
Common Names in Hebrew:
Tered, Tered Hagina
Common Names in Hebrew (modern):
Common Names in Hindi:
Paalak, Pinni, पालक
Common Names in Hungarian:
Paraj, Spenót, Spenót
Common Names in Icelandic:
Common Names in Ido:
Common Names in India:
Common Names in Indonesian:
Common Names in Italian:
Spinacio, Spinacio Comune
Common Names in Japanese:
Horenso, Hourensou, ホウレンソウ
Common Names in Kinyarwanda:
Common Names in Korean:
Shi Geum Chi (Shi Gum Chi), Sigmchi, 시금치
Common Names in Kurdish:
Common Names in Latvian:
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Luxembourgish, Letzeburgesch:
Common Names in Malay:
Common Names in Malayalam:
Common Names in Marathi (Marāṭhī):
Common Names in Navajo, Navaho:
Waaʼ (dííshjį́ ááłjiní)
Common Names in Nepali:
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Ossetian, Ossetic:
Common Names in Persian:
Common Names in Persian (Farsi):
Common Names in Polish:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Acelga, Espinaca, Espinafré, Espinafré De Holanda, Espinafre
Common Names in Romanian:
Common Names in Russian:
Shpinat Ogorodnyi, špinat Ogorodnyj, шпинат огородный
Common Names in Scottish Gaelic, Gaelic:
Common Names in Serbian:
Common Names in Spanish:
Espinaca, Espinaca Holandesa
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Telugu:
Common Names in Turkish:
Common Names in Ukrainian:
Common Names in Urdu:
Common Names in Vietnamese:
Rau chân vịt
, or lianas. Leaves alternate or opposite, entire, exstipulate
. Flowers small, bisexual
, or sterile
and reduced, subtended by 1 membranous bract and 2 bracteoles, solitary or aggregated in cymes. Inflorescences elongated or condensed spikes (heads
, or thyrsoid
structures of varying complexity. Bracteoles membranous or scarious
. Tepals 3-5, membranous, scarious or subleathery, 1-, 3-, 5-, or 7(-23) -veined. Stamens as many as tepals and opposite these, rarely fewer than tepals; filaments
into a cup
or ± entirely into a tube
, filament lobes present or absent, pseudostaminodes present or absent; anthers
(1- or) 2-loculed, dorsifixed
, introrsely dehiscent
. Ovary superior, 1-loculed; ovules 1 to many; style persistent
, short and indistinct or long and slender; stigma capitate, penicillate
, 2-lobed or forming 2 filiform
branches. Fruit a dry utricle or a fleshy
capsule, indehiscent, irregularly bursting, or circumscissile. Seeds lenticular
, subglobose, or shortly cylindric
About 70 genera and 900 species: worldwide; 15 genera (one introduced ) and 44 species (three endemic, 14 introduced) in China.
Morphology of the androecium, perianth (tepals), and the inflorescence has traditionally been used to circumscribe genera and tribes . Pseudostaminodia are interstaminal appendages with variously shaped apices. Filament appendages are the lateral appendages of filaments (one on each side) . The basic structure of the inflorescence is the cyme (branchlets arising from the bracteole axils, the bracteoles serving as bracts for upper flowers), which can be reduced to one flower with two bracteoles and a bract. Units of dispersal vary considerably (capsules opening with lower part persistent, flower and bracteoles falling together, or cymose partial inflorescences breaking off above bract) and can be characteristic for genera. Several genera possess long trichomes serving dispersal at the base of the tepals.
or biennial, monoecious, glabrous
. Stems erect
, not branched, not jointed
, not armed
, not fleshy
. Leaves basal or alternate, petiolate
triangular-hastate to ovate
, sometimes with elongated lobes
entire or dentate
, apex acute. Inflorescences: pistillate
flowers sessile in leaf axils
; staminate flowers
in dense terminal
spikes. Flowers unisexual
, rarely bisexual
; staminate flowers with perianth segments 4-5, stamens 4-5; pistillate flowers enclosed by 2 accrescent
bracts, perianth absent, stigmas 4-5. Fruiting structures enlarged and hardened bracteoles enclosing achenes; pericarp adherent
. Seeds vertical
, seed coat
; hardened bracteoles serving as seed coat; embryo annular
. x = 6.
Species 3: introduced ; Eurasia .
The chromosome base number of six is unusual in the Chenopodiaceae. B . L. Turner (1994b) suggested that members with a base of nine, the most common number in the family , may be derived.
Species Spinacia oleracea
Stems leafy, 1-5(-10) dm. Leaves gradually becoming
smaller distally; blade
cuneate. Bracteoles orbicular-obovate,
usually wider than long, apex with divergent spine or smooth
= 12. [source]
Reports of populations in Canada and inland areas of the United States appear to be from gardens where the plants do not persist without benefit of cultivation. [source]
Flowers: Bloom Period: February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October. • Flower Color: inconspicuous, none
Size: 18-24" tall.
Waste areas; 0-1500 m .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,417 meters (0 to 7,930 feet).
Culture: Space 18-24" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b. (map)
- Chatton, 1925
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Juss. ex Bercht. & J. Presl, 1820
- Juss. ex Bercht. & J. Presl (1820)
- Family: Amaranthaceae () - A.L. de Jussieu, 1789, nom. cons. - Amaranth Family
- Suborder: Chenopodiineae () - Juss. ex Bercht. & J. Presl (1820)
- Order: Caryophyllales () - Juss. ex Bercht. & J. Presl, 1820
- Superorder: Caryophyllanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Magnoliidae () - Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967 - Angiosperms
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Spinacia
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 95 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
S. oleracea (Spinach) · S. oleracea '7-Green' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Amazon' (Spinach 'amazon') · S. oleracea 'America' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Andhalu' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Avenger' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Avon' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Bahamas' (Spinach 'bahamas') · S. oleracea 'Barbados' (Spinach 'barbados') · S. oleracea 'Bizet' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Blackbird' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Bloomsdale' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Bolero' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Bordeaux' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Bossanova' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Catalina' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Cherokee' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Correnta' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Cxf 94684' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Cypress' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Dolphin Rz' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Emilia' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Esa661070' (Spinach 'esa661070') · S. oleracea 'Esmeralda' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Falcon' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Fidalgo' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Fiorano' (Spinach 'fiorano') · S. oleracea 'Four Season' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Galaxy' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Giant Nobel' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Giant Winter' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Green Magic' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Hector' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Hellcat' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Industra' (Spinach 'industra') · S. oleracea 'Interceptor' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Lorelay' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Matador' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Melody' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Merlo Nero' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Mig' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Mikado' (Spinach 'mikado') · S. oleracea 'Missouri' (Spinach 'missouri') · S. oleracea 'Monstrueux De Viroflay' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Nadong' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Okame' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Olympia' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Orai - Alrite' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Oriental Giant' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Padre' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Palco' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Polka' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Polydane' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Razzle Dazzle' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Regiment' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Rhino' (Spinach 'rhino') · S. oleracea 'Ricco Di Asti' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Sais #7' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Samish' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Scarlet' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Scenic' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Seb661076' (Spinach 'seb661076') · S. oleracea 'Seychelles' (Spinach 'seychelles') · S. oleracea 'Skookum' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Sp870' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Space' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Spain' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Spinnaker' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Spinner' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Spokane' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Sporter' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Spring-Summer' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Springer' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Springfield' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Summer Perfection' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Tetona' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Tigercat' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Tirza' (Spinach 'tirza') · S. oleracea 'Tornado' (Spinach 'tornado') · S. oleracea 'Tyee' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Unipack 12' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Unipack 131' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Unipack 144' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Unipack 151' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Unipack 277' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Vancouver' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Van Gogh' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Verdi' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Viking' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Viroflay' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Vivos' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Whale' (Spinach) · S. oleracea 'Winter Bloomsdale' (Spinach) · S. sativus 'Seven R' (Spinach) · S. turkestanica (Wild Spinach)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 467.
- A compilation of culture media for the cultivation of microorganisms, by Max Levine. .. and H. W. Schoenlein. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins Company, 1930. url p. 954.
- A complete dictionary of practical gardening: comprehending all the modern improvements in the art; whether in the raising of the various esculent vegetables, or in the forcing and managing of different sorts of fruits and plants, and that of lay By Alexander McDonald [pseud.] London, 1807. url .
- A contribution to our knowledge of seedlings; by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url , p. 421, p. 428.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 252.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 617.
- A first report on the relations between climates and crops. By Cleveland Abbe. Washington [D.C.]: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 196.
- A general system of botany, descriptive and analytical in two parts; tr. from the original by Mrs. Hooker. .. with additions, an appendix on the natural method, and a synopsis of the orders by J.D. Hooker. London, Longmans, 1876. url p. 640.
- A guide to the orchard and fruit garden; or, An account of the most valuable fruits cultivated in Great Britain: with kalendars of the work required in the orchard and kitchen garden during every month in the year. By George Lindley. Ed. by John Lindley. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1831. url p. 581.
- A handbook of systematic botany / by Dr. E. Warming with a revision of the fungi by Dr. E. Knoblauch, tr. and ed. by M. C. Potter. New York: Macmillan & Co., 1895. url p. 371, p. 372.
- A handbook of systematic botany; with a revision of the fungi, by E. Knoblauch; tr. and ed. by M.C. Potter. London, Swan url p. 372.
- A handbook to the flora of Natal / by J. Medley Wood. Durban, Natal: Bennett & Davis, Printers, 1907. url p. 109.
- A history of gardening in England, London, J. Murray, 1910. url .
- A manual of Indian botany. London, Blackie & Son Ltd., 1920. url , .
- A manual of botany, based upon the manual of the late Professor Bentley. London, J. & A. Churchill.1895-96. url p. 236.
- A manual of botany, including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, J & A. Churchill, 1887. url p. 650.
- A manual of botany. London, J. & A. Churchill.1895-96. url .
- A manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants. By John Hutton Balfour. London: J. J. Griffin [etc.] 1851. url p. 479.
- A manual of botany: including the structure, functions, classification, properties and uses of plants. London, John Churchill, 1861. url p. 623.
- A manual of dangerous insects likely to be introduced in the United States through importations. Ed. by W. Dwight Pierce, entomologist, southern field crop insect investigations. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 196, p. 255.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 424.
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 390.
- A naturalist in Western China: with vasculum, camera, and gun, being some account of eleven year's travel, exploration, and observation in the more remote parts of the flowery kingdom; with an introduction by Charles Sprague Sargent. London, Methuen url p. 225, p. 63.
- A naturalist in western China, with vasculum, camera, and gun; being some account of eleven years' travel, exploration, and observation in the more remote parts of the Flowery kingdom, by Ernest Henry Wilson...with an introduction by Charles Sprague Sargent...With one hundred and one full-page illustrations and a map. London, Methuen & co., ltd. url p. 225.
- A practical flora for schools and colleges, by Oliver R. Willis. New York, American Book Co.[c1894] url p. 209, p. 210, p. 347.
- A practical guide to garden plants, containing descriptions of the hardiest and most beautiful annuals and biennials, hardy herbaceous and bulbous perennials, hardy water and bog plants, flowering and ornamental trees and shrubs, conife London;Longmans, Green, 1901. url p. 1152.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 90.
- A student's text-book of botany / by Sydney H. Vines. London: Macmillan, 1895. url p. 587.
- A student's text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. With 483 illustrations. London, Macmillan & co., 1896. url .
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 117.
- A text-book of botany and pharmacognosy, intended for the use of students of pharmacy, as a reference book for pharmacists, and as a handbook for food and drug analysts. London, Lippincott[c1907] url .
- A text-book of botany, by Dr. Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck, Ludwig Jost [and] Dr. George Karsten. LondonMacmillan1912 url p. 764.
- A text-book of mycology and plant pathology / Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co.c1917. url .
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 134, p. 43, p. 465, p. 59, p. 68, p. 76, p. 89.
- Agricultural botany: Philadelphia, J. W. Moore;1847. url p. 247.
- Alien flora of Britain. London, West, Newman, 1905. url p. 164.
- Amateur cultivator's guide to the flower and kitchen gardens: containing a descriptive list of two thousand varieties of flower and vegetable seeds; also a list of French hybrid gladiolus raised and imported by / Washburn and Company, Seed Merchants. Boston: Washburn, 1869. url p. 122.
- American medicinal plants;: an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry, and physiological effects. / By Charles F. Millspaugh, . ..; Illustrated by the author. New York; Boericke & Tafel., c1887. url .
- An elementary course of botany: structural, physiological, and systematic / by Arthur Henfrey. London: John Van Voorst, 1878. url p. 331.
- An elementary text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. .. London: S. Sonnenschein & co., lim.;1898. url p. 523.
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Ross, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828. url p. 1224, p. 635.
- An encyclopædia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1827. url p. 1224, p. 635.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 126.
- An illustrated encyclopaedia of gardening, by Walter P. Wright London, J. M. Dent & sons, ltd.; url p. 212, p. 291.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 75.
- An introduction to botany, by John Lindley. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, & Longman, 1832. url p. 529.
- An introduction to cytology, by Lester W. Sharp. .. New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1921. url p. 270.
- An introduction to the chemistry of plant products by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green, 1928-1929. url p. 528.
- An introduction to the embryology of angiosperms. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1950. url p. 34.
- An introduction to the structure and reproduction of plants, London, G. Bell and sons ltd., 1920. url .
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 154, p. 230, p. 256, p. 380, p. 397, p. 578.
- Anatomischer Anzeiger. Jena: G. Fischer, 1886- url p. 37.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 20 1906 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 208, p. 210.
- Annals of applied biology. [Wellesbourne, Warwick, etc.]Association of Applied Biologists [etc.] url p. 48, p. 50.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 292.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 527.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 527, p. 527.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 1940-1941 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 2, p. 8.
- Bengal plants: a list of the phanerogams, ferns and fern-allies indigenous to, or commonly cultivated in, the Lower provinces and Chittagong, with definitions of the natural orders and genera, and keys to the genera and species. 2 1903 Calcutta: Botanical Survey of India1903. url p. 880.
- Bibliographical contributions from the Lloyd library, Cincinnati, Ohio. Cincinnati, Ohio, Lloyd Library. url p. 222.
- Biodiversity Data Sourcebook. WCMC Biodiversity Series 1 World Conservation Press url p. 40.
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 23 1971-1974 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 366.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url , p. 195.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url p. 126.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 155.
- Botany Cambridge, Mass., John Wilson and Son, 1880 url p. 530.
- Botany of the living plant, London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1919. url , .
- Botany of the living plant, by F. O. Bower. London, Macmillan and Co., limited, 1919. url p. 542, p. 542, p. 575, p. 575.
- Botany of the living plant, by F.O. Bower. In the third edition he was assisted by J.M.F. Drummond, and George Bond, in this fourth edition by C.W. Wardlaw. London, Macmillan and Co., ltd., 1947. url p. 654, p. 694.
- Botany of the living plant. London, Macmillan, 1919. url p. 542, p. 575.
- Botany of the southern states. In two parts. Part I. Structural and physiological botany and vegetable products. Part II. Descriptions of southern plants. Arranged on the natural system. Preceded by a Linnæan and a dichotomous anal By John Darby. New York, A. S. Barnes, 1866. url p. 486.
- Botany. Cambridge, Mass.Welch, Bigelow, University Press, 1876-80. url p. 530.
- British fungi. Phycomycetes and Ustilagineae. By George Massee. London, L. Reeve and Co., 1891. url p. 124, p. 227.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 21 1916 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 33, p. 65, p. 777, p. 81.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 400.
- Bulletin / New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station. [New Brunswick, N.J.]: The Station, 1880- url p. 215.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 181.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 100, p. 127, p. 20, p. 331, p. 60.
- Bulletin of entomological research. Farnham Royal: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux. url p. 321, p. 395.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1918 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 323.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 47 1920 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 184, p. 466, p. 548, p. 607, p. 83.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url , p. 64.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 127, p. 20, p. 43.
- Carotenoids, their comparative biochemistry. New York, Chemical Pub. Co., 1954. url p. 302, p. 339.
- Cassell's popular gardening. London, Cassell & company, limited[1884-86] url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 181.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 426.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 426.
- Catalogue of the African plants London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url .
- Catalogue of the African plants collected by Dr. Friedrich Welwitsch in 1853-61. .. London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url p. 897, p. 897.
- Catalogue of the economic products of the Presidency of Bombay: being a catalogue of the Government Central Museum, Division 1., Raw produce (vegetable) / compiled by Assistant Surgeon Birdwood. Bombay: Printed at the Education Society's Press, 1862. url p. 173, p. 69.
- Chamber's encyclopaedia, a dictionary of universal knowledge. London, Chambers, 1902. url p. 617, p. 635.
- Chinese materia medica. extensively revised from F. Porter Smith's work by G. A. Stuart. Shanghai?: Presbyterian Mission Press?, 1911? url p. 417.
- Colchicine in agriculture, medicine, biology, and chemistry [by] O. J. Eigsti [and] Pierre Dustin, Jr. Ames, Iowa State College Press url p. 60.
- College botany; structure, physiology and economics of plants, London, J. B. Lippincott Company[c1920] url .
- Coloring matters for foodstuffs and methods for their detection. . .. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1905 url p. 12.
- Commercial gardening, a practical & scientific treatise for market gardeners, market growers, fruit, flower & vegetable growers, nurserymen, etc. By many practical specialists under the editorship of John Weathers. London, The Gresham publishing company, 1913. url p. 163, p. 242.
- Communications to the Board of agriculture, on subjects relative to the husbandry and internal improvement of the country. London: Printed by W. Bulmer, 1797-1811. url p. 337.
- Contributions from the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1899- url p. 131, p. 133, p. 138, p. 548.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 6 1901 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 828, p. 912.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 1127, p. 272, p. 273, p. 564, p. 7.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1698, p. 1699, p. 697.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 270, p. 695.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada; New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url .
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 270, p. 695.
- Cytology [by] G.B. Wilson [and] John H. Morrison. New York, Reinhold url p. 190, p. 297, p. 82.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 62.
- Descriptive catalogue of the Formosan fungi / by Kaneyoshi Sawoda. Taihoku, Formosa: Agricultural Experiment Station, 1919- url p. 212, p. 259.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 161.
- Diseases of greenhouse crops and their control / New York: E. P. Dutton, [c1920] url .
- Diseases of plants induced by cryptogamic parasites: introduction to the study of pathogenic Fungi, slime-Fungi, bacteria, & Algae / London; Longmans, Green & co., 1897. url .
- Diseases of truck crops and their control / New York: E.P. Dutton & Co., [c1918] url , .
- English wild flowers: to be found by the wayside, fields, hedgerows, rivers, moorlands, meadows, mountains, and sea-shore / by J.T. Burgess. London: F. Warne, [18--?] url p. 8.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 4, p. 548, p. 57, p. 846.
- Experimental evolution; lectures delivered in the "Summer School of Art and Science", University Hall, Edinburgh (August, 1891) by Henry de Varigny. and New York, Macmillan and Co., 1892. url p. 107, p. 174, p. 269.
- Field, forest, and garden botany; a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated, by Asa Gray. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company url p. 364.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 103.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 295, p. 84.
- Flora diaetetica, or, History of esculent plants, both domestic and foreign: in which they are accurately described, and reduced to their Linnaean generic and specific names; with their English names annexed, and ranged under eleven general heads / by Charles Bryant. London: B. White, 1783. url p. 119.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 417.
- Flora of Guatemala, by Paul C. Standley and J.A. Steyermark. 24 1946 Chicago, 1946- url p. 143.
- Flora of Peru / by J. Francis Macbride. 13 1938 Chicago, [Ill.]: Field Museum of Natural History,  url p. 1159.
- Flora of Yucatan, by Paul C. Standley. 3 1930 Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 259.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url , p. 30.
- Flora of the upper Gangetic plain, and of the adjacent Siwalik and sub-Himalayan tracts, by J. F. Duthie. Calcutta, Superintendent of Government Printing, 1903. url p. 27.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 300.
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 415, p. 546.
- French market-gardening: including practical details of "intensive cultivation" for English growers. London: J. Murray, 1909. url p. 199.
- Fungous diseases of plants, Boston, Ginn and company[c1909] url p. 496, p. 507.
- Fungous diseases of plants, with chapters on physiology, culture methods and technique, by Benjamin Minge Duggar. Boston, Ginn and company, [c1909] url p. 496, p. 507.
- Fungous diseases of plants: with chapters on physiology, culture methods and technique / Boston; Ginn, [c1909] url , .
- Fungous diseases of plants; with chapters on physiology, culture methods and techniques. Boston, Ginn url p. 164, p. 496, p. 507.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 59.
- Garden farming, by Lee Cleveland Corbett. .. Boston, Ginn and company[c1913] url p. 408, p. 471.
- Garden vegetables, and how to cultivate them. By Fearing Burr, jr. Boston, J. E. Tilton & Company, 1866. url p. 156.
- Gardening for profit, a guide to the successful cultivation of the market and family garden. New York, O. Judd, 1887. url p. 286.
- Gardening for profit: a guide to the successful cultivation of the market and family garden / by Peter Henderson. New York: Orange Judd, c url p. 207.
- Gardening for profit; New York, Orange Judd company, 1891. url p. 286.
- Gardening for the South: or, How to grow vegetables and fruits / by the late William N. White; with additions by Mr. J. Van Buren, and Dr. Jas. Camak. New York: O. Judd, c1868. url p. 304.
- Gardening for the South; Richmond, Va., B. F. Johnson publishing company, 1901. url p. 425.
- Gardening for the South; or, How to grow vegetables and fruits. By the late William N. White. Richmond, Va.B. F. Johnson, 1901. url p. 681.
- General index to reports of the State Entomologist of Connecticut, 1901-1925 / New Haven: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1926. url p. 706.
- Global Biodiversity: status of the Earth's living resources WCMC url p. 332.
- Gray's Botanical text-book New York, Ivison, 1879-1885. url p. 183.
- Gray's Botanical text-book. New York: American Book Company, c1879. url p. 183.
- Gray's school and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany": bound in one volume. New York: American Book Co., c1895. url p. 364.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 129, p. 888.
- Handbook of plants. New York: P. Henderson, 1881. url p. 217, p. 313.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 371.
- Harmsworth's Universal encyclopedia, written by the leading authorities in every branch of knowledge and edited by J.A. Hammerton. London, Educational Bk. Co.[n.d.] url p. 5731.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 427, p. 83.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants. By Peter Henderson. New York: P. Henderson & Co., 1881. url p. 313.
- History of vegetable substances used in the arts, in domestic economy, and for the food of man. Boston: Lilly, Wait, Colman and Holden, 1833. url p. 269, p. vi.
- Home studies / by Rebecca A. Upton. Boston: Crosby, Nichols; 1856. url p. 48, p. 61.
- How to plant and what to do with the crops; together with valuable hints for the farm, garden and orchard. New York, Judd, 1886. url .
- Illustrations of the natural orders of plants with groups and descriptions. Reduced from the original folio ed. London: Sampson Low, Son, and Marston, 1868. url .
- Injurious and beneficial insects of California. / By E. O. Essig. Sacramento, California state printing office, 1915 url , p. 73.
- Insect life / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Division of Entomology. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, url p. 437.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 261, p. 302, p. 382, p. 387, p. 422, p. 425, p. 456, p. 474, p. 510, p. 699.
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 1560.
- Introduction to agriculture: practical studies in crop production. Boston: Heath, c1916. url p. 40.
- Introduction to cytology, by Lester W. Sharp. .. New York, McGraw-Hill Book Company, inc., 1934. url p. 519.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 19, p. 20, p. 84, p. 98.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 642, p. 912.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 230, p. 356, p. 369, p. 456, p. 59, p. 661, p. 680.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 3 1865 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 144, p. 359, p. 361, p. 395, p. 405.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url .
- Journal of morphology. Boston: Ginn & Co., [1887-1924] url p. 797.
- Journal of mycology. Manhattan, Kan.: [s.n.], 1885-1908. url p. 68.
- Journal of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. 15 1912 Philadelphia: Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, 1817-1918. url p. 581.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 162.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 12 1911 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 41.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 654, p. 677.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. London: The Society, 1857-1864. url p. 202.
- Leaf-mining insects / by James G. Needham, Stuart W. Frost, Beatrice H. Tothill. Baltimore: The Williams & Wilkins company, [c1928] url p. 320.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url .
- Lessons in Elementary Botany, the part of Systematic Botany based upon material left in manuscript by the late Prof. Henslow. London, MacMillan, 1888. url p. 199.
- Letters on the elements of botany, addressed to a lady, by the celebrated J.J. Rousseau. Translated into English, with notes, and twenty-four additional letters, fully explaining the system of Linnaeus, by Thomas Martyn. London, B. and J. White, 1796. url p. 456.
- Letters on the elements of botany. Addressed to a lady. By the celebrated J.J. Rousseau. Translated into English, with notes, and twenty-four additional letters, fully explaining the system of Linnaeus, by Thomas Martyn. London, B. White, 1787. url p. 454.
- Letters on the elements of botany: addressed to a lady / by the celebrated J.J. Rousseau; translated into English, with notes, and twenty-four additional letters, fully explaining the system of Linnaeus, by Thomas Martyn. London: Printed for B. White and Son, 1791. url p. 456.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 11, p. 143, p. 15, p. 153, p. 199, p. 20, p. 203, p. 24, p. 309, p. 326, p. 329, p. 336, p. 34, p. 35, p. 37, p. 390, p. 45, p. 47, p. 492, p. 50, p. 53, p. 55, p. 57, p. 59, p. 59, p. 61, p. 61, p. 62, p. 65, p. 70, p. 72, p. 90, p. 92.
- Manual of plant diseases, Wilkes-Barré, Pa., The Record press, c1914-22 url p. 147.
- Manual of plant diseases, by Paul Sorauer. Wilkes-Barré, Pa.The Record Press, c1914-22 url p. 147.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including Virginia, Kentucky, and all east of the Mississippi / by Asa Gray; (The mosses and liverworts by Wm. S. Sullivant.) New York: Ivison, Phinney, 1863, c1862. url p. lxxv.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 466.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 101, p. 616.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 300, p. 317, p. 679.
- Mineral salts absorption in plants. Oxford, Pergamon Press, 1962. url p. 189.
- More pot-pourri from a Surrey garden, London, Macmillan & co., ltd., 1899. url , p. 299.
- Morphology and taxonomy of fungi. Philadelphia, Blakiston, 1950. url p. 141, p. 786.
- My garden. By Eden Phillpotts. London, "Country life, " ltd. [etc.];1906. url p. 27.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 269.
- New Japanese fungi. Notes and translations. [Washington, Bureau of Plant Industry], 1917- url p. 83.
- New or unusual plant injuries and diseases found in Connecticut, 1916-1919 / [New Haven]: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1920. url p. 475.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 7 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 472.
- Notes on western range forbs: Equisetaceae through Fumariaceae / by William A. Dayton. Washington, D.C.: Forest Service, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1960. url p. 251, p. 85.
- Official guide to the museums of economic botany. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off., by Darling1907 url p. 166.
- On the popular names of British plants, being an explanation of the origin and meaning of the names of our indigenous and most commonly cultivated species. By R. C. A. Prior. London: Williams and Norgate, 1870. url p. 219.
- Origin of cultivated plants / by Alphonse de Candolle. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1908. url p. 100, p. 438, p. 455, p. 468, p. 98.
- Origin of cultivated plants, by Alphonse de Candolle. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1884. url p. 100, p. 438, p. 455, p. 468, p. 98.
- Origin of cultivated plants. By Alphonse de Candolle. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1902. url p. 100, p. 438, p. 455, p. 468, p. 98.
- Origin of cultivated plants. New York, Appleton, 1892. url , , , , .
- Our garden flowers; a popular study of their native lands, their life histories, and their structural affiliations, New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1910. url , , .
- Outlines of creation. By Elisha Noyce. .. London, Ward & Lock, 1858. url p. 198.
- Pharmazeutische Waarenkunde, von Dr. Otto Berg. Berlin, R. Gaertner, 1863. url p. 302.
- Photoperiodism and related phenomena in plants and animals; proceedings, edited by Robert B. Withrow, with the cooperation of Arthur C. Giese [and others]. Washington, 1959. url p. 350, p. 376, p. 882.
- Photosynthesis [by] Robert Hill and C.P. Whittingham. London, Methuen; url , p. 114.
- Photosynthesis and related processes, by Eugene I. Rabinowitch. .. New York, N.Y., Interscience Publishers, inc., 1945- url p. 1539, p. 1725.
- Photosynthetic mechanisms of green plants; papers presented at a symposium sponsored by the Committee on Photobiology of the National Academy of Sciences-National Research Council with the support of the National Science Foundation, 14-18 Oct Washington, National Academy of Sciences-National Research Council, 1963. url p. 538.
- Physiological botany; I. Outlines of the histology of phaenogamous plants; II. Vegetable physiology. New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, [c1885] url p. 183.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 21, p. 238.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 828, p. 912.
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 828, p. 912.
- Plants and X rays, by L.B. Breslavets. Translation by Alena Elbl. Edited by Arnold H. Sparrow. Washington, American Institute of Biological Sciences[c1960] url p. 104, p. 121.
- Plants and their uses; an introduction to botany, by Frederick Leroy Sargent with numerous illustrations. New York, H. Holt and company, 1913. url p. 606, p. 606, p. 606.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 388.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 388.
- Pomona College journal of entomology. Claremont, Calif., U.S.A.: Published under the patronage of Ontario-Cucamonga Citrus Association by the Dept. of Biology of Pomona College, [1909?-1912?] url p. 224, p. 224.
- Practical plant biochemistry. CambridgeUniversity Press1923 url p. 181.
- Preliminary report on the forest and other vegetation of Pegu. CalcuttaC.B. Lewis, Baptist Mission Press1875 url p. 59.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 402.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 100, p. 146, p. 537.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 265, p. 666, p. 704.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 119, p. 123, p. 177.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 406, p. 439, p. 493, p. 547.
- Recent advances in cytology, by C. D. Darlington. With a foreword by J. B. S. Haldane. With 16 plates, 160 text-figures and 81 tables. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., inc., 1937. url p. 115, p. 607, p. 622, p. 642.
- Recent advances in microscopy; biological applications, edited by A. Piney. With 83 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., inc., 1931. url p. 224.
- Report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1863-1889. url p. 622.
- Report of the Commissioner of Patents for the year 1859: agriculture. Washington, D.C.: George Bowman, printer, 1860. url p. 354.
- Report of the State Entomologist of Connecticut for the year. .. New Haven, [1902- url p. 320, p. 352.
- Report of the botanist / G. P. Clinton. [New Haven]: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1903-1911. url p. 275, p. 358.
- Report: . .. Washington, Blair & Rives, printers, 1838 url p. 90.
- Reports on the herbaceous plants and on the quadrupeds of Massachusetts: published agreeably to an order of the Legislature by the Commissioners on the Zoological and Botanical Survey of the State. Cambridge: Folsom, Wells, and Thurston, 1840. url p. 98.
- Review of applied mycology. Kew, SurreyCommonwealth Mycological Institute url p. 354, p. 495, p. 644.
- Root-knot and its control. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1911. url p. 20.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 182.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 117, p. 131, p. 132.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 513, p. 618, p. 634.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 323, p. 384.
- Select plants (exclusive of timber trees) readily eligible for Victorian industrial culture with indications of their native countries and some of their uses; an enumeration / offered by Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: s.n., 1872 url p. 147.
- Sex and internal secretions. Contributors: A. Albert [and others] Foreword by George W. Corner. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1961. url p. 1599, p. 42, p. 66, p. 68, p. 70.
- Sino-Iranica; Chinese contributions to the history of civilization in ancient Iran, with special reference to the history of cultivated plants and products / by Berthold Laufer -- Chicago, 1919. url p. 392, p. 392, p. 620, p. 620.
- Sport in Norway, and where to find it. Together with a short account of the vegetable productions of the country. To which is added, a list of the Alpine flora of the Dovre fjeld and of the Norwegian ferns, &c. By M. R. Barnard. .. London, Chapman and Hall, 1864. url p. 274, p. 274.
- St. Helena: the historic island from its discovery to the present date, by E.L. Jackson, illustrated from photographs. New York, Thomas Whittaker, 1905. url p. 343.
- Standard values in nutrition and metabolism, being the second fascicle of a handbook of biological data. Prepared under the direction of the Committee on the Handbok of Biological Data, American Institute of Biological Sciences, National Research Council. Philadelphia, Saunders url p. 378.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 474.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 627, p. 796.
- Students' handbook to accompany Plants and their uses / by Frederick Leroy Sargent. New York: Henry Holt, 1914. url .
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 26, p. 48.
- Studies on chromosomes / by Edmund B. Wilson. Baltimore, Md.: ]s.n.], 1905-1912. url p. 430.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 554, p. 555.
- Success in market gardening; a new vegetable growers' manual, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1910. url p. 201.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 21, p. 22, p. 845.
- Text-book of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 229, p. 291.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1920] url p. 229, p. 229, p. 291, p. 291.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1721, p. 2199.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia; embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, New York, A. O. Moore, 1858. url p. 689.
- The American gardener's assistant in three parts containing complete practical directions for the cultivation of vegetables, flowers, fruit trees and grape vines / by Thomas Bridgeman Philadelphia: H. T. Coates, [c1866] url p. 131, p. 131.
- The American gardener's assistant. In three parts. Containing complete practical directions for the cultivation of vegetables, flowers, fruit trees, and grape-vines. By Thomas Bridgeman. New York, W. Wood & Co., 1867. url p. 131.
- The American gardener's calendar; adapted to the climate and seasons of the United States. By Bernard M'Mahon. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott, 1857. url p. 620.
- The American journal of science. 24(2) 1857 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 404.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 19, p. 19, p. 19, p. 47, p. 47, p. 47, p. 48, p. 48, p. 48.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 102.
- The Australian zoologist. Sydney, Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales url p. 342.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 15, p. 192, p. 215, p. 345.
- The California vegetables in garden and field a manual of practice with and without irrigation for semitropical countries [by] Edward J. Wickson. San Francisco: Pacific rural press, 1917. url p. 260.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 70 1956 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 195, p. 219, p. 220, p. 576.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 308.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 159.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 77.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 385, p. 516.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 370.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 102, p. 431, p. 547.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 44 1984 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 207, p. 65.
- The Journal of experimental zoology. [New York, etc.]Wiley-Liss [etc.] url p. 256, p. 262, p. 430.
- The Journal of heredity. Washington, etc., American Genetic Association url p. 207.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 364.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 331.
- The Journal of the Department of Agriculture, Victoria. [Melbourne]:Dept. of Agriculture, Victoria, 1902-1955. url p. 274.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 26 1889-90 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 325, p. 361, p. 492, p. 588, p. 669.
- The Monthly bulletin of the State Commission of Horticulture. Sacramento, Calif.: The Commission, 1911-1919. url p. 755.
- The Nyctaginaceae and Chenopodiaceae of northwestern South America, by Paul C. Standley. 11 1931 Chicago, 1931. url p. 116.
- The Plasmodiophorales; including a complete host index, bibliography, and a description of diseases caused by species of this order, by John S. Karling. New York city, The author, 1942 url p. 103.
- The Profitable culture of vegetables for market gardeners, small holders, and others. London, etc., Longmans, Green, 1913. url p. 310.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 77, p. 82.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 250, p. 250.
- The book of nature study, ed. by J. Bretland Farmer. .. assisted by a staff of specialists. Fully illustrated. London, Caxton publishing company[1908?]-1909. url p. 143.
- The book of vegetables and garden herbs; a practical handbook and planting table for the vegetable gardener, by Allen French. London: The Macmillan company, 1907. url p. 311.
- The botany of Bihar and Orissa: an account of all the known indigenous plants of the province and of the most important or most commonly cultivated exotic ones / with maps and introduction by H. H. Haines. London: Printed by Adlard and sold by agents for Indian Official Publications, 1921-25. url p. 1248, p. 770.
- The botany of crop plants: a text and reference book. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son, [c1917] url .
- The botany of crop plants; a text and reference book, by Wilfred W. Robbins. .. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1917] url , p. 298.
- The commonly occuring wild plants of Canada a flora for the use of beginners / by H.B. Spotton. Toronto: W.J. Gage, [1887?] url .
- The commonly occurring wild plants of Canada. A flora for the use of beginners. Toronto, W. J. Gage & Co.,  url .
- The culture of vegetables and flowers from seeds and roots, by Sutton and sons. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co. ltd., 1908. url p. 123, p. 125, p. 442.
- The elements of structural botany with special reference to the study of Canadian plants. .. Toronto, W. J. Gage & Co.[1897?] url .
- The encyclopedia of gardening. A dictionary of cultivated plants, etc., giving in alphabetical sequence the culture and propagation of hardy and half-hardy plants, trees and shrubs, orchids, ferns, fruit, vegetables, hothouse and g London, W. H. & L. Collingridge url .
- The farmer's and planter's encyclopædia of rural affairs; Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott & co., 1868. url p. 689.
- The farmer's encyclopædia, and dictionary of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry. Adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers. .. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. Adapted to the United States by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 689.
- The field and garden vegetables of America: Boston, J. E. Tilton and company, 1865. url p. 299.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. 5 1890 London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 6.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 74.
- The flora of the presidency of Bombay / By Theodore Cooke. London: Taylor and Francis, 1903-08. url p. 509.
- The flowering plants of Western India. London, W. H. Allen url p. 271.
- The flowering process. New York, Macmillan, 1963. url p. 213, p. 214.
- The forests and gardens of South India. London, W. H. Allen, 1861. url .
- The gardener's kalendar, or, Monthly directory of operations in every branch of horticulture / by Walter Nicol. Dublin: John Cumming, 1812. url p. 623.
- The gardener's kalendar; or, Monthly directory of operations in every branch of horticulture. EdinburghPrinted by D. Wilson for A. Constable1814 url p. 623.
- The gardener's text-book: containing practical directions upon the formation and management of the kitchen garden; New York, A. O. Moore, 1857. url p. 268.
- The geography of plants / by M. E. Hardy. Oxford: Clarendon press, 1920. url p. 322, p. 322.
- The gypsy moth. Porthetria dispar (Linn.). A report of the work of destroying the insect in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, together with an account of its history and habits both in Massachusetts and Europe. By Edward H. Forbush. .. and Charles H. Fernald. .. Published under the direction of the State Board of Agriculture by authority of the legislature. Boston: Wright & Potter Printing Co., 1896. url p. 321, p. 321.
- The horticulturist: or, the culture and management of the kitchen, fruit, & forcing garden / by J.C. Loudon; edited and revised by William Robinson. London: F. Warne,  url p. 640.
- The housekeeper and gardener / by Rebecca A. Upton. Boston: Crosby, Nichols; 1858. url p. 48, p. 61.
- The influence of light and darkness upon growth and development. New York1903 url p. 317.
- The journal of the Horticultural Society of London. London, [England]: Published for the Society, by Longman and Co., 1846-1855. url p. 148.
- The kitchen gardener's instructor: containing a catalogue of garden and herb seed. .. / by Thomas Bridgeman. New York: for sale by the author, 1847. url p. 98.
- The ladies' botany of Professor Lindley: abridged by the author, for the use of schools and young persons. London: Ridgway, [18--] url p. 143, p. 279.
- The lipids, their chemistry and biochemistry. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1951-57. url p. 1000, p. 320, p. 66, p. 866, p. 905.
- The mutation theory; experiments and observations on the origin of species in the vegetable kingdom, by Hugo de Vries. .. tr. by Prof. J. B. Farmer and A. D. Darbishire. .. Chicago, Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1909-10. url , .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 251.
- The new American orchardist; Boston, Otis, Broaders, and company, 1844. url p. 369.
- The new American orchardist; or, An account of the most valuable varieties of fruit, of all climates, adapted to cultivation in the United States; with their history, modes of culture, management, uses, &c. With an appendix on ve By William Kenrick. Boston, Otis, Broaders, & co., 1844. url p. 369.
- The nursery-book: a complete guide to the multiplication of plants / by L. H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan co., 1913, [c1896] url p. 321.
- The nursery-book; a complete guide to the multiplication of plants. .. New York, The Macmillan Co., 1914. url .
- The nursery-manual; a complete guide to the multiplication of plants, by L. H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan,  url p. 455.
- The organic constituents of higher plants: their chemistry and interrelationships. With contributions by Ernest Sondheimer. Minneapolis, Burgess Pub. Co. url p. 140.
- The origin and history of our garden vegetables, to which is added their dietetic values. London, Pub. for the Author by the Royal Horticultural Society, 1912. url p. 52, p. 71.
- The origin of floral structures through insect and other agencies, by the George Henslow. London, K. Paul, Trench, Trübnerco, 1888. url p. 247.
- The origin of floral structures: through insect and other agencies. New York: Appleton, 1888. url .
- The parasitic fungi of New Jersey / by Carl A. Schwarze. New Brunswick: New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Stations, 1917. url p. 215.
- The plant diseases of importance in the transportation of fruits and vegetables, by G.H. Coons, Ph.D., and Ray Nelson, B.S.. .. Chicago, Printed for special distribution by American railway perishable freight association, 1918. url p. 25.
- The principles of vegetable-gardening. New York: Macmillan, [c1921] url .
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1412, p. 3206, p. 3606.
- The suburban horticulturist; or, An attempt to teach the science and practice of the culture and management of the kitchen, fruit, & forcing garden to those who have had no previous knowledge or practice in these departments of g By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with numerous engravings on wood. London, William Smith, 1842. url p. 656.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. 17 1891 Leeds [etc.] url p. 362.
- The uses of plants: a manual of economic botany with special reference to vegetable products introduced during the last fifty years / by G. S. Boulger. London: Roper & Drowley, 1889. url p. 205, p. 45.
- The vegetable cultivator: containing a plain and accurate description of all the different species and varieties of culinary vegetables. .. Also, some recollections of the life of Philip Miller. .. By John Rogers. .. London, Longman, Brown, Green, & Longmans, 1843. url p. 298.
- The vegetable garden; illustrations, descriptions, and culture of the garden vegetables of cold and temperate climates, by MM. Vilmorin-Andrieux, of Paris. English ed. pub. under the direction of W. Robinson. With an addendum by W. P. Thomson. New York, E.P. Dutton and company, 1920. url p. 662, p. 666.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 432, p. 433, p. 725, p. 730, p. 905.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 433, p. 725, p. 730, p. 905.
- The young gardener's assistant, in three parts, containing catalogues of garden and flower seed, with directions under each head for the cultivation of culinary vegetables and flowers. .. New York, The author, 1847. url p. 98.
- The young gardener's assistant: containing a catalogue of garden & flower seeds, with practical directions under each head for the cultivation of culinary vegetables and flowers; also directions for cultivating fruit trees, the gra by T. Bridgeman. New York: [s.n.], 1840 url p. 86.
- The young gardener's assistant: in three parts containing catalogues of garden and flower seed, with practical directions under each head for the cultivation of culinary vegetables and flowers; also, directions for cultivating frui by Thomas Bridgeman. New York: For sale by the author, Broadway, corner of Eighteenth Street, 1845 url p. 98.
- The young gardener's assistant; containing a catalogue of garden & flower seeds, with practical directions under each head, for the cultivation of culinary vegetables and flowers, also directions for cultivating fruit trees, the gra New York, For sale by T. Bridgeman [etc.]1840. url p. 86.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 158, p. 200, p. 201, p. 210, p. 240, p. 82.
- Trace elements in plants and animals, by Walter Stiles. .. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press;1946. url p. 13, p. 16, p. 63.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 197, p. 217.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 140.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Horticultural Society for. .. Chicago: The Society, url p. 13.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. 24 1864 London: [The Society], 1791-1875. url p. 145.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 137, p. 139.
- Transactions of the Royal Society of Arts and Sciences of Mauritius. [S.l.: s.n.], 1848-1949. url p. 142.
- Trinidad, its geography, natural resources, administration, present condition, and prospects. London, Cassell, 1884. url p. 235.
- Trinidad: its geography, natural resources, administration, present condition, and prospects. By L. A. A. De Verteuil. London, Ward and Lock, 1858. url p. 257.
- Truck-farming at the South. A guide to the raising of vegetables for northern markets. By A. Oemler. New York, Orange Judd, 1910. url p. 273.
- Truck-farming at the South: a guide to the raising of vegetables for northern markets / by A. Oemler. New York: Orange Judd, 1883. url p. 208.
- University of California publications in agricultural sciences. Berkeley, University of California Press. url p. 350, p. 433, p. 434, p. 436, p. 437.
- Useful plants and drugs of Iran and Iraq / by David Hooper. With notes by Henry Field. 9 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 173, p. 226, p. 235, p. 239.
- Vegeculture. How to grow vegetables, salads, and herbs in town and country, by Harry A. Day, F. R. H. S. London, Methuen & co., ltd. url p. 119.
- Vegetable gardening. A manual on the growing of vegetables for home use and marketing. By Samuel B. Green. St. Paul, Webb Publishing Co., 1915. url p. 194.
- Vegetable teratology, an account of the principal deviations from the usual construction of plants, by Maxwell T. Masters. .. With numerous illus. by E.M. Williams. London, Published for the Ray society by R. Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 197, p. 532.
- Yearbook of the United States Department of Agriculture. Washington: G.P.O., 1895-1923. url p. 214, p. 652.
- Kuan Ke-chien. 1979. Amaranthaceae. In: Kung Hsien-wu & Tsien Cho-po, eds., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 25(2): 194241.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 15, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 11, 2007:
- Berkeley Natural History Museums, University and Jepson Herbaria DiGIR provider
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Bundesamt für Naturschutz / Zentralstelle für Phytodiversität Deutschland, Bundesamt fuer Naturschutz / Zentralstelle fuer Phytodiversitaet Deutschland
- Centre for Genetic Resources, The Netherlands, CGN-PGR
- Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien, Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien
- European Environment Agency, EUNIS
- GBIF-Spain, Hortus Botanicus Sollerensis Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Jardín Botánico de Córdoba: Herbarium COA
- International Plant Genetic Resources Institute(IPGRI), EURISCO
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research
- , IPK Genebank
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, NSW herbarium collection
- National Institute of Genetics, ROIS, Herbarium Specimens of Museum of Nature and Human Activities, Hyogo Pref., Japan
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Botanical Society of the British Isles - Vascular Plants Database
- US National Plant Germplasm System, United States National Plant Germplasm System Collection
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- Utah State University, USU-UTC Specimen Database
- inatura - Erlebnis Naturschau Dornbirn, inatura - Erlebnis Naturschau Dornbirn
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2646884
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-20709
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:167384-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 35256
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 20709
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: SPOL
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 63787
- Bojian Bao, Thomas Borsch & Steven E. Clemants "Amaranthaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 5 Page 415. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Leila M. Shultz "Spinacia". in Flora of North America Vol. 4 Page 260, 302. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Spinacia oleracea". in Flora of North America Vol. 4 Page 259, 302. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 430.910 meters (1,413.747 feet), Standard Deviation = 529.300 based on 447 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]