Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Arabic:
Common Names in Catalan, Valencian:
Common Names in Czech:
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Canola, Charlock, Charlock Mustard, Charlock Mustard Sinapis Arvensis, Corn Mustard, Corn-Mustard, Field Mustard, Kaber Mustard, Rapeseed, Sinapis arvensisWild mustard, Wild Mustard
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
moutarde d'été, Moutarde des champs, moutarde sauvage
Common Names in German:
Acker Senf, Ackersenf
Common Names in Hebrew (modern):
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Manx:
Common Names in Norwegian Nynorsk:
Common Names in Persian (Farsi):
Common Names in Polish:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Romanian:
Muştar De Câmp, Muştar De Cîmp, Rapiţă
Common Names in Russian:
Polevaja Gorčica, полевая горчица
Common Names in Serbian:
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Welsh:
or rarely perennial
absent or simple
. Stems erect
, often branched apically, leafy. Basal leaves
, not rosulate, simple, lyrate, pinnatifid
. Cauline leaves petiolate or sessile, not auriculate
, entire, dentate, or shallowly lobed
, elongated considerably in fruit. Fruiting pedicels slender or thickened, erect, ascending, divaricate
, or reflexed
. Sepals oblong
or reflexed, not saccate
. Petals yellow, spreading; blade
, apex obtuse
subequaling sepals. Stamens 6, tetradynamous
oblong, obtuse at apex. Nectar glands 4, distinct
, flat, or rarely lobed. Ovules 4-20 per ovary. Fruit dehiscent siliques, linear, lanceolate, or oblong, terete
, somewhat 4-angled, or latiseptate
, sessile, segmented
, few to many seeded, longer
or shorter than terminal
with 3-7, prominent
veins, thin or thick and obscurely veined; terminal segment indehiscent, seedless or 1- or 2-seeded, flattened and ensiform
, or terete and conical
, sometimes corky; replum rounded
; septum complete
, membranous; style distinct; stigma capitate, 2-lobed. Seeds uniseriate
, wingless, globose
, plump or rarely slightly flattened; seed coat
or not when wetted; cotyledons conduplicate
Seven species: Mediterranean region, especially N Africa; two species in China.
Species Sinapis arvensis
Herbs (5-) 20-100(-210) cm, retrorsely or spreading hirsute or hispid , rarely glabrous . Stems erect , often branched above. Petiole of basal and lower cauline leaves 1-4(-7) cm; leaf blade oblong , ovate , or lanceolate in outline, lyrate, pinnatifid , or undivided and dentate , (3-) 4-18(-25) × 1.5-5(-7) cm; terminal lobe broadly ovate, obovate , to elliptic , margin dentate; lateral lobes 1-4 on each side of midvein , oblong, ovate, or lanceolate, smaller than terminal one, margin dentate. Upper cauline leaves shortly petiolate ; leaf blade ovate or lanceolate, often undivided, margin dentate or subentire , apex acute. Fruiting pedicels ascending or suberect, stout, (2-) 3-7(-15) mm. Sepals yellow or green, narrowly oblong, (4.5-) 5-6(-7) × 1-1.8 mm, spreading or reflexed . Petals bright or pale yellow, obovate, (0.8-) 0.9-1.2(-1.7) cm × (3-) 4-6(-7.5) mm. Filaments (3-) 4-6 mm; anthers oblong, 1.2-1.5 mm. Fruit linear , (1.5-) 2-4.5(-5.7) cm × (1.5-) 2.5-3.5(-4) mm; valvular segment (0.6-) 1.2-3.5(-4.3) cm, (2-) 4-8(-12) -seeded in each locule, 3-5(-7) -veined, torulose , terete , glabrous or pubescent with 1 kind of trichome; terminal segment conical or subulate , terete, (0.7-) 1-1.6 cm, straight or curved upward, seedless or 1- or 2-seeded. Seeds blackish to dark brown, globose , (1-) 1.5-2 mm in diam., finely reticulate . Fl. and fr. May-Sep. 2n = 18*. [source]
Flowers: Bloom Period: January, February, March, April, May. • Flower Color: yellow
Size: 12-18" tall.
Roadsides, waste places, fields , pastures; 400-1800 m .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,632 meters (0 to 8,635 feet).
Culture: Space 6-9" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
- Chatton, 1925
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Subclass: Magnoliidae () - Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967 - Angiosperms
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
B. kaber (De Candolle) L. C. Wheeler • B. sinapistrum Boissier • B. xinjiangensis Y. C. Lan & T. Y. Cheo • Brassica arvensis (L.) Rabenh. • Brassica arvensis (Linnaeus) Rabenhorst • Brassica arvensis Rabenh. • Brassica kaber var. pinnatifida (Stokes) L. C. Wheeler • Brassica kaber var. schkuhriana (Reichenb.) L. C. wheeler • Brassica kaber< /i> (Dc.) L. C. Wheeler • Eruca Arvensis • Eruca arvensis (L.) Noulet • Raphanus Arvensis • Raphanus arvensis (L.) Crantz • Rhamphospermum arvense (L.) Andrz. Ex Besser • Sinapis kaber de Candolle.
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 2009
Members of the genus Sinapis
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 11 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
S. alba (White Mustard) · S. alba alba (White Mustard Seed) · S. alba subsp. alba (White Mustard) · S. arvensis (Canola) · S. elongata (Elongated Mustard) · S. eruca (Rocket-Salad) · S. kaber (Charlock Mustard) · S. muralis (Annual Wallrocket) · S. orientalis (Hare's-Ear-Mustard) · S. pekinensis (Headed Chinese Cabbage) · S. rapa (Field Mustard)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Flora of Glacier National Park, Montana, by Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921. url p. 348.
- A Flora of Berwick-upon-Tweed. By George Johnston, M.D. Edinburgh, J. Carfrae & Son; [etc., etc., ]1829-31. url p. 147.
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url .
- A Manual of entomology, / tr. from the German of Dr. Herman Burmeister by W. E. Shuckard, with additions by the author, and original notes and plates by the translator. London: E. Churchton, 1836. url p. 540.
- A botanical survey of the Galapagos Islands, by Alban Stewart. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences, 1911. url p. 67.
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 170.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url .
- A compendium of the English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman, 1836. url p. 138.
- A contribution to the flora of Australia / by William Woolls. Sydney: F. White, 1867. url p. 139.
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 22.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 25, p. 91.
- A dictionary of popular names of the plants which furnish the natural and acquired wants of man, in all matters of domestic and general economy. Their history, products, & uses, by John Smith. London, Macmillan, 1882. url p. 281.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 49.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url , p. 38.
- A general system of gardening and botany. Founded upon Miller's Gardener's dictionary, and arranged according to the natural system. By George Don. London, Printed for C. J. G. and F. Rivington, 1831-38. url p. 209.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 132.
- A hand-book to the birds of Great Britain / by R. Bowdler Sharpe. London: E. Lloyd, 1896-1897. url p. 250.
- A history of British birds, indigenous and migratory: including their organization, habits, and relations; remarks on classification and nomenclature; an account of the principal organs of birds, and observations relative to practical ornithology. .. By William Macgillivray. .. London, Printed for Scott, Webster, and Geary, 1837-1852 url p. 344.
- A history of gardening in England, London, J. Murray, 1910. url .
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url p. 19.
- A manual flora of Egypt / by Reno Muschler. With a preface by Paul Ascherson and Georg Schweinfurth. Berlin, R. Friedlaender, 1912. url p. 1244, p. 1252.
- A manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants. By John Hutton Balfour. London: J. J. Griffin [etc.] 1851. url p. 564.
- A manual of the flora of northern Idaho /Carl Epling and Joe Ewan. 2 1941 1941. url p. 216.
- A manual of the more common herbaceous plants of Quebec and Ontario for use in connection with Groom's Botany / by D.P. Penhallow. Toronto: Copp, Clark, 1899. url .
- A monograph of the British phytophagous Hymenoptera. .. By Peter Cameron. London, Printed for the Ray Society, 1882-93. url p. 310, p. 33, p. 339.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 59, p. 685, p. 688.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 115, p. 133, p. 67.
- A student's text-book of botany / by Sydney H. Vines. London: Macmillan, 1895. url p. 605.
- A student's text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. With 483 illustrations. London, Macmillan & co., 1896. url .
- A study of some characteristics of vegetable oils, by James B. McNair. 9 1930 Chicago, 1930. url p. 55.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 63.
- A text-book of botany and pharmacognosy: intended for the use of students of pharmacy, as a reference book for pharmacists, and a handbook for food and drug analysts / by Henry Kraemer. Philadelphia & London: J. B. Lippincott company[c1910] url p. 429.
- A topographical history of Staffordshire; including its agriculture, mines and manufactures. Memoirs of eminent natives; statistical tables; and every species of information connected with the local history of the county. With a succinct acco Comp. from the most authentic sources, by William Pitt. Newcastle-under-Lyme, Printed by and for J. Smith, 1817. url p. 585.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. 25 1903 Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 10, p. 101, p. 106, p. 113, p. 116, p. 134, p. 17, p. 17, p. 199, p. 20, p. 205, p. 21, p. 224, p. 224, p. 244, p. 269, p. 282, p. 299, p. 30, p. 327, p. 34, p. 342, p. 374, p. 376, p. 394, p. 397, p. 48, p. 55, p. 6, p. 65, p. 82, p. 86, p. 94, tbl III.
- Agricultural botany, theoretical and practical. New York, H. Holt, 1910. url , .
- Agriculture, ancient and modern: a historical account of its principles and practice, exemplified in their rise, progress, and development. By Samuel Copland, the "Old Norfolk farmer" of the Mark Lane Express. . London, Virtue and company, 1866. url p. 599, p. 606.
- Alien flora of Britain. London, West, Newman, 1905. url p. 207.
- All about country life: being a dictionary of rural avocations, and of knowledge necessary to the management of the farm, the stable, the stockyard, and a gentleman's out of town residence and property. London: Ward, Lock, and Tyler, [189-?] url p. 269, p. 92.
- American plants. .. [Descriptions, bibliographical notes, synonymy, and other information, comp. from many sources] Charles Russell Orcutt, editor. San Diego, Calif., -1910. url p. 119.
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 51.
- An elementary text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. .. London: S. Sonnenschein & co., lim.;1898. url p. 537.
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Ross, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828. url p. 1222, p. 681.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property, and of the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of by J.C. Loudon. London: Longmans, Green, 1871. url p. 1289, p. 934.
- An encyclopædia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1827. url p. 1222, p. 681.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 271, p. 273.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 192, p. 192.
- An introduction to entomology, or, Elements of the natural history of insects: comprising an account of noxious and useful insects, of their metamorphoses, food, stratagems, habitations, societies, motions, noises, hybernation, instinct, etc., etc. / by William Kirby and William Spence. London: Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans, 1856. url p. 104, p. 256.
- An introduction to entomology: or, Elements of the natural history of insects. .. / by William Kirby and William Spence. London: Longmans, Green, 1865. url p. 104, p. 256.
- An introduction to entomology; or, Elements of the natural history of insects: comprising an account of noxious and useful insects, of their metamorphoses, food, stratagems, habitations, societies, motions, noises, hybernation, ins Philadelphia: Lea and Blanchard, 1846. url p. 291.
- An introduction to the modern classification of insects: founded on the natural habits and corresponding organisation of the different families / by J. O. Westwood. London: Longman, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longmans, Paternoster-Row, 1839-1840 url p. 342.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 12, p. 127, p. 127, p. 158, p. 158, p. 161, p. 165, p. 17, p. 17, p. 172, p. 32, p. 344, p. 346, p. 346, p. 361, p. 366, p. 49, p. 49.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 370.
- Annual report / Entomological Society of Ontario. Toronto, The Society. url p. 66, p. 97.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 17 1906 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 144, p. 213.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 339, p. 431, p. 63.
- Annual report of the Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. [S.l.: s.n.], 1907-1925. url p. 32.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 14, p. 277, p. 294, p. 314, p. 7.
- Archives of science and transactions of the Orleans County Society of Natural Sciences. Newport, Vt.: J.M. Currier, [1870-1874] url p. 183.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 1946 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 17, p. 47, p. 64, p. 91.
- Bibliographical index to North American botany; or, Citations of authorities for all the recorded indigenous and naturalized species of the flora of North America, with a chronological arrangement of the synonymy. by Sereno Watson. Washington, Smithsonian Institution, 1878. url p. 51.
- Biochemical bulletin. New York, Columbia University Biochemical Association. url p. 447.
- Biologia centrali-americana; or, Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America. London, Pub. for the editors by R. H. Porter and Dulau & co., 1879-88. url .
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 10 1942 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 147.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 6.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 243.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 126, p. 172, p. 256, p. 268, p. 281, p. 379, p. 417, p. 462, p. 91.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 112, p. 135, p. 160, p. 162, p. 180, p. 184, p. 20.
- Botany Cambridge, Mass., John Wilson and Son, 1880 url p. 40.
- Botany for academies and colleges: consisting of plant development and structure from seaweed to clematis, Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott company, 1889. url .
- Botany. Cambridge, Mass.Welch, Bigelow, University Press, 1876-80. url p. 40.
- British bee journal & bee-keepers adviser. London. url p. 273, p. 46.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url , p. 202, p. 86.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 216, p. 216, p. 322, p. 322, p. 332.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , , .
- British wild flowers: familiarly described in the four seasons for the use of beginners and amateurs / by Thomas Moore. London, Reeve, 1867. url p. 197.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. 1879 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 24.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 170.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Division of Economic Ornithology and Mammalogy. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1888-1989. url p. 343.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1921 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 115, p. 116, p. 322.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 7 1880 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 20, p. 546.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 804.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 73.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , .
- Calcutta journal of natural history, and miscellany of the arts and sciences in India. Calcutta, Bishop's College Press. url p. 106.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 170.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , p. 47.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 105, p. 32, p. 575, p. 863.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 105, p. 32.
- Common weeds of the Canadian Prairies; Ottawa, Queen's Printer, 1963. url p. 14, p. 15, p. 60, p. 69.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url , , p. 10, p. 11, p. 27, p. 283, p. 413, p. 425, p. 448, p. 46, p. 58.
- Communications to the Board of agriculture, on subjects relative to the husbandry and internal improvement of the country. London: Printed by W. Bulmer, 1797-1811. url , p. 248.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url , , , , , , .
- Comptes rendus des séances de la Société de Biologie et de ses filiales. .. Paris: Masson. url p. 160, p. 161.
- Contribution [I]-III to the coastal and plain flora of Yucatan, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh. 1 1895 Chicago, 1895-1898. url p. xvi.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 170, p. 229, p. 281, p. 301.
- Contributions to Canadian natural history [Montreal?: J. Lovell)1860 url .
- Contributions to North American ichthyology. Based primarily on the collections of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1877-78. url p. 130, p. 24.
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 8.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 539.
- Craigmillar and its environs; with notices of the topography, natural history, and antiquities of the district. By Tom Speedy. Selkirk, G. Lewis & son, 1892. url p. 144.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 339, p. 73.
- Dairy farming: being the theory, practice, and methods of dairying / by J.P. Sheldon London; Cassell, Petter, Galpin & Co., [188-] url p. 155.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 57.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 388.
- Dictionary of biological equivalents, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins company, 1930. url p. 103, p. 26.
- Don, G. A general history of the dichlamydeous plants: comprising complete descriptions of the different orders...the whole arranged according to the natural system /by George Don. 1 1831 London: J.G. and F. Rivington, 1831-1838. url p. 209, p. 250, p. 263.
- Einleitung in die Entomologie: oder Elemente der Naturgeschichte der Insecten / Von Wilhelm Kirby und Wilhelm Spence. Stuttgart: Cottaischen Buchhandlung, 1823-1833. url p. 206, p. 495.
- Elementary botany Toronto: Copp, Clark, [1899?] url .
- Elements of practical agriculture; comprehending the cultivation of plants, the husbandry of the domestic animals, and the economy of the farm. London: Longman, [etc., etc.], 1838. url p. 437.
- English botany, or, coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: G. Bell, 1873. url p. 124.
- English wild flowers: to be found by the wayside, fields, hedgerows, rivers, moorlands, meadows, mountains, and sea-shore / by J.T. Burgess. London: F. Warne, [18--?] url p. 10, p. 72.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 20.
- Epping Forest / by Edward North Buxton. London: E. Stanford, 1885. url p. 116.
- Everyday objects; or, Picturesque aspects of natural history. .. London, W.P. Nimmo, 1876. url p. 321.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1049, p. 13, p. 424, p. 8, p. 836, p. 839, p. 896, p. 994.
- Familiar wild birds / [illustrations by A. Thornburn and others]. London: Cassel, 1903. url .
- Familiar wild flowers figured and described by F. Edward Hulme. .. 1st- ser.. .. London, Cassell and company, limited, [1878- url , , p. 85.
- Farm insects: being the natural history and economy of the insects injurious to the field crops of Great Britain and Ireland, and also those which infest barns and granaries, with suggestions for their destruction. Edinburgh, Blackie & Son, 1860. url p. 106, p. 51, p. 519, p. 526.
- Farm weeds of Canada / by George H. Clark and James Fletcher; with illustrations by Norman Criddle. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, 1923 url p. 92.
- Farm weeds of Canada, by George H. Clark and James Fletcher. With illustrations by Norman Criddle. Published by direction of the Hon. Sydney A. Fisher, Minister of Agriculture, Ottawa, 1909. Ottawa: Govt. Print. Bureau,  url p. 92.
- Farming industries of Cape Colony. By Robert Wallace. .. With 81 full-page plates, 14 maps, 6 plans, and 92 illustrations in the text. London: P. S. King and son; [etc.], 1896. url p. 117, p. 547, p. 547.
- Fauna and flora of Haileybury. Hartford, Stephen Austin, 1902. url p. 58.
- Field, forest, and garden botany, a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States, east of the Mississippi, both wild and cultivated. By Asa Gray. New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor & co., [c1868] url p. 52.
- Fifty years of botany; golden jubilee volume of the Botanical Society of America, edited by William Campbell Steere. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1958. url p. 416.
- First biennial report of the progress of the Geological survey of Michigan, embracing observations on the geology, zoo?logy and botany of the lower peninsula. Made to the governor, December 31, 1860. Lansing, Hosmer & Kerr, printers to the state, 1861. url , .
- First principles of agriculture / by Emmet S. Goff and D.D. Mayne; introduction by W.D. Hoard. New York: American Book Co., c1904. url p. 118.
- First principles of agriculture, by Emmet S. Goff. .. and D.D. Mayne. New York: American Book Co., [c1918] url p. 138.
- Flax culture and preparation, by Fred Bradbury. London, I. Pitman url p. 53.
- Flora Franciscana. An attempt to classify and describe the vascular plants of middle California. By Edward L. Greene. San Francisco, Cubery & Co., Printers, 1891-97. url p. 270.
- Flora Scotica; or, A description of Scottish plants, arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods. London, Printed by R. and A. Taylor, for A. Constable, 1821. url p. 204, p. 290.
- Flora calpensis; contributions to the botany and topography of Gibraltar, and its neighbourhood. By E. F. Kelaart. London, J. van Voorst, 1846. url p. 79.
- Flora hibernica, comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland, arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system, by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin, Simpkin, Marshall and co.; [etc., etc.]1836. url p. 29.
- Flora hibernica: comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland: arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin: W. Curry jun., 1836. url p. 29.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 10, p. 11, p. 16, p. 52, p. 88, p. 99.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 151.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 151.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url .
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 16, p. 352, p. 416, p. 450, p. 463, p. 52.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 492.
- Flora of Lancaster County: being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania / by John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York: The authors, 1913. url p. 135.
- Flora of Lancaster County; being descriptions of the seed- plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvanial. By John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York, 1913. url p. 135.
- Flora of Middlesex: a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county: with sketches of its Physical Geography and climate and of the progress of Middlesex Botany during the last three centuries. London, R. Hardwicke1869. url p. 36.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 281.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 281.
- Flora of Plymouth: an account of the flowering plants and ferns found within twelve miles of the town; history of local botanical investigation. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 19, p. 404.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 8.
- Flora of Syria, Palestine and Sinai; from the Taurus to Ras Muhammad, and from the Mediterranean Sea to the Syrian desert. By Rev. George E. Post. Beirut, Syria, Syrian Protestant College url p. 76.
- Flora of Syria, Palestine, and Sinai: from the Taurus to Ras Muhammas and from the Mediterranean sea to the Syrian desert / by Rev. George E. Post. Beirut, Syria: Syrian Protestant college url p. 76.
- Flora of Vermont. List of ferns and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Vermont Botanical Club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Print. Co., 1915. url p. 206.
- Flora of the Bristol coal-field. Edited (for the Bristol Naturalists' Society) by James Walter White. .. Bristol, J. Fawn & Son [etc.]1881- url p. 18.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 170.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 372, p. 590, p. 73.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 345.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url , p. 348.
- Flora of the island of St. Croix. By Charles Frederick Millspaugh. 1 1902 Chicago, 1902. url p. 489.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 477, p. 477.
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 301.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 301.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 339.
- Flora scotica, or, A description of Scottish plants arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods: in two parts / by William Jackson Hooker. .. Edinburgh: A. Constable, 1821. url p. 204, p. 586.
- Flora vectensis: being a systematic description of the phænogamous or flowering plants and ferns indigenous to the Isle of Wight. London, W. Pamplin, 1856. url .
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 105, p. 7.
- Gray's new manual of botany (7th ed.--illustrated) A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1908] url p. 428.
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 428, p. 428.
- Gray's new manual of botany. A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, New York, American Book Co.[c1908] url .
- Gray's new manual of botany: a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada / Asa Gray; rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New York: American Book Company, c1908. url p. 428.
- Gray's school and field book of botany, consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume / by Asa Gray... New York: American Book co.,  url p. 52.
- Ground beetles (Carabidae) of Fennoscandia: a zoogeographic study / by Carl H. Lindroth; Joachim Adis, scientific editor. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1989- url p. 476.
- Growth of plants; twenty years' research at Boyce Thompson Institute. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp., 1948. url p. 40.
- Hand-book to the birds of Great Britain. London, Allen, 1894-97. url p. 250.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 100, p. 102, p. 126, p. 206, p. 34, p. 56.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , , , , , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. London: Reeve, 1858. url p. 92.
- Handbook of the Torquay flora; comprising the flowering plants and ferns growing in and around Torquay, with their respective habitats. By Robert Stewart, M.R.C.S. London, E. Croydon, Royal Library;1860. url p. 14.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url , , p. 103, p. 14, p. 186, p. 232, p. 281, p. 36, p. 87.
- History of Vermont, natural, civil and statistical, in three parts, with an appendix. 1853. By Zadock Thompson. Burlington, The author, 1853. url p. 174.
- History of Vermont, natural, civil, and statistical, in three parts, with a new map of the state, and 200 engravings. By Zadock Thompson. Burlington, Pub. for the author, by C. Goodrich, 1842. url p. 347.
- Hooker, J. D. The botany of the Antarctic voyage of H.M. discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the Years 1839-1843: under the command of Captain Sir James Clark Ross /by Joseph Dalton Hooker. 3 1860 London: Reeve Brothers, 1844-60. url p. cvi.
- Hortus Gramineus Woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses, &c. &c., used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals; instituted by John, Duke of B London, W. Ridgway, 1869. url p. 414.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 183.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 461, p. 83.
- Iconographic encyclopaedia of science, literature, and art. systematically arranged by J.G. Heck. Translated from the German, with additions, and edited by Spencer F. Baird. .. illustrated by five hundred steel plates, containing upwards to twelve thousand en New York, R. Garrigue, 1851. url p. 43.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 305.
- Illustrations of vegetable physiology, practically applied, to the cultivation of the garden, the field, and the forest. .. By James Main. .. London, Orr and Smith, 1835. url p. 181.
- Indian Museum notes. Calcutta: [Indian Museum]: 1889-1903. url , p. 197.
- Insect architecture, by James Rennie; new ed., much enl., by the Rev. J. G. Wood. .. With nearly two hundred illustrations. London, G. Bell & sons, 1869. url p. 415.
- Insect architecture. Boston: Lilly & Wait, 1830. url p. 389.
- Insect architecture: to which are added, Miscellanies, on the ravages, the preservation for purposes of study, and the classification of insects. London, Murray, 1857. url p. 339.
- Insecticides, fungicides and weedkillers: a practical manual on the diseases of plants and their remedies, for the use of manufacturing chemists, agriculturists, arboriculturists and horticulturists, by E. Bourcart, D. SC. Tr. from the French, rev. and adapted to British standards and practice, by Donald Grant. London: Scott, Greenwood & son, 1913. url p. 289, p. 289, p. 428.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 267, p. 410.
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 1082.
- Introduction to botany, containing an explanation of the theory of that science, extracted from the works of Linnaeus, ed. by C. Stewart. Edinburgh, Bell, 1811. url p. 254, p. 272.
- Introduction to the plant-life of the Oxford district. London, Milford, 1922-25. url p. 87, p. 94, p. 97.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 207, p. 210, p. 3.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 24 1886 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 10, p. 109, p. 122, p. 13, p. 135, p. 14, p. 144, tab 149, p. 155, p. 162, p. 179, p. 200, p. 210, p. 212, p. 259, p. 264, p. 292, p. 299, p. 314, p. 320, p. 335, p. 336, p. 351, p. 360, p. 394, p. 4, p. 42, p. 42.
- Journal of botany: being a second series of the Botanical miscellany. 1 1834 London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman; Edinburgh: A. & C. Black, 1834-1842. url p. 21, p. 42.
- Journal of the Royal Agricultural Society of England. London:Royal Agricultural Society of England [etc.], 1840-2002. url p. 15, p. 317, p. 515.
- Kalm's account of his visit to England: on his way to America in 1748 / London; Macmillan, 1892. url .
- Key to the Rocky Mountain flora; Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia. New York, 1919. url p. 103.
- Kulturpflanzen und Hausthiere in ihrem Übergang aus Asien nach Griechenland und Italien sowie in das übrige Europa; historisch-linguistische Skizzen von Victor Hehn. Berlin, Gebrüder Borntraeger, 1902. url p. 210.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 321.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 321.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 321, p. 501.
- Lectures on plant physiology / by Ludwig Jost; authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 450.
- Lectures on plant physiology / translated by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 450.
- Lectures on plant physiology. Authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 450.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 168.
- List of plants collected by Mr. B. Billings in the vicinity of the city of Ottawa, during the summer of 1866 Ottawa?: Ottawa Natural History Society?, 1866? url .
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1856. url .
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi and north of North Carolina and Tennessee, arranged according to the natural system / by Asa Gray. New York: Ivison, Phinney, Blakeman, 1868, c1867. url p. 70.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 564.
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url p. 125, p. 42.
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 151, p. 18, p. 235, p. 288, p. 304, p. 58, p. 748.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 388.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 339.
- Memorials, journal and botanical correspondence of Charles Cardale Babington. Cambridge, [Eng.]: Macmillan and Bowes, 1897. url p. 465.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 126, p. 297, p. 45, p. 77.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 100.
- Miscellaneous publications / University of Michigan, Museum of Zoology. Ann Arbor, Mich.: The University, 1916- url p. 26.
- Money in bees in Australasia. A practical treatise on the profitable management of the honey bee in Australasia, London [etc.]Whitcombe and Tombs, limited,  url .
- Monograph of the British aphides. .. By George Bowdler Buckton. .. London, Printed for the Ray Society, 1876-83. url p. 34.
- Mémoires. Bruxelles, The Society. url p. 217.
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 62.
- Natural history of insects: comprising their architecture, transformations, senses, food, habits--collection, preservation and arrangement. Boston: Lilly, Wait, Colman, and Holden, 1833. url p. 389.
- Nature's garden: With many color illustrations. Garden City, N. Y., : Garden City Pub. Co., [c1900] url .
- Nature's garden: an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors... / text by Neltje Blanchan. New York: Grosset & Dunlap, c1900. url p. 301.
- Nature's garden; an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors. With colored plates and many other illus. photographed directly from nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. Text by Neltje Blanchan [pseud.] 1922 Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1922. url p. 301.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 11, p. 112, p. 315, p. 452, p. 553.
- New England farmer, and horticultural register. Boston: Joseph Breck & Co., 1839-1844. url p. 34.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 93.
- New manual of botany. A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearr. and extensively rev. by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New YorkAmerican Book Co.[c1908] url p. 428.
- Newman's entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1869-1876] url p. 386.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 104, p. 108, p. 197, p. 205, p. 209, p. 447, p. 85.
- Observations on the flowering plants, ferns and fern allies growing wild in Marquette County, Michigan, in 1916 and 1917, especially in the vicinity of the Huron Mountain Club. Ann Arbor, Michigan, Published by the University, 1918. url .
- On the fauna and flora of the west of Scotland. Meeting at Glasgow, September, 1876. Glasgow, Blackie, 1876 url , p. 55.
- On the natural history of the Gulf of St. Lawrence and the distribution of the Mollusca of Eastern Canada [Montreal?: s.n.]1859 url .
- Palestine: the physical geography and natural history of the Holy Land / London: Charles Knight, 1841. url p. 253.
- Pastures and pasture plants. .. Lond., Macmillan and co., ltd., 1897. url .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1911. url , , .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, by Martin J. Sutton. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co., limited, 1911. url p. 21.
- Pharmazeutische Waarenkunde, von Dr. Otto Berg. Berlin, R. Gaertner, 1863. url p. 466.
- Philosophical magazine. London: Taylor & Francis. url p. 326.
- Physiology at the farm in aid of rearing and feeding the live stock. Edinburgh and London, W. Blackwood and sons. url p. 355.
- Phytologia. 12 1965 - 19 Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 110, p. 283.
- Plant physiology; authorized English translation by R. J. HarveyGibson; supplement incorporating the alterations of the 2d ed. of the German original. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1913. url p. 450.
- Plants and X rays, by L.B. Breslavets. Translation by Alena Elbl. Edited by Arnold H. Sparrow. Washington, American Institute of Biological Sciences[c1960] url p. 121, p. 6.
- Plants poisonous to live stock, by Harold C. Long. .. Cambridge: University press, 1917. url p. 18.
- Plants poisonous to live stock. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1917. url p. 18.
- Poisonous plants of Canada / [Ottawa]: Agriculture Canada, 1990. url p. 57, p. 88, p. 91, p. 95.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 295.
- Practical directory for the improvement of landed property. .. and the economic cultivation of its farms. Edinburgh, 1881. url p. 441.
- Proceedings - Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society. Dorchester, Eng. url p. 41.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 74.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 146, p. 146.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 67.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of British Columbia. [s.l.]: Entomological Society of British Columbia. url p. 9.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 572, p. 611.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url p. 151, p. 44.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 382, p. 430, p. 500, p. 534, p. 557, p. 566, p. 7, p. 87.
- Proceedings of the Section of Sciences. Amsterdam url p. 537.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 121, p. 51.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url p. 41, p. 97.
- Rambles in search of wild flowers, and how to distinguish them. London, Journal of horticulture and cottage gardener, 1864. url p. 39.
- Rambles of a naturalist round Folkestone: with occasional papers on the fauna and flora of the district, to which are added lists of plants, lepidoptera, birds, and land and freshwater shells / by Henry Ullyett. Folkestone: J. English, 1880. url p. 129, p. 6.
- Report of observations of injurious insects and common farm pests, during the year. ..: with methods of prevention and remedy. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., 1885-1901? url p. 34, p. 78.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 36.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url .
- Report on rust or mildew on wheat plants, 1892. London: Printed for H.M. Stationery Off. by Eyre and Spottiswoode, 1893. url p. 29.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 134, p. 18.
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Made under the direction of the secretary of war, in 1853-. .. Washington, A.O.P. Nicholson, Printer [etc.]1855-60. url p. 24.
- Researches about atmospheric phenomena. By Thomas Forster. London: Printed for Harding, Mavor, and Lepard, 1823. url p. 373, p. 406, p. 423.
- Revision of the genus Phyllotreta chevrolat of America north of Mexico. Eric H. Smith. 28 1985 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1985- url p. 37.
- Rochester and district; a sketch-guide to its geology, flora, & fauna, compiled by J. Hepworth. Rochester, Parrett & Neves, 1913. url p. 14.
- Roman farm management; the treatises of Cato and Varro done into English, with notes of modern instances by a Virginia farmer. New YorkMacmillan1918 url p. 342.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 106.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 477.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 23 1882 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 24, p. 51.
- Some account of the fauna and flora of Sinai, Petra, and Wa?dy 'Arabah, London, Pub. for the Committee of the Palestine exploration fund by A. P. Watt, 1891. url , , .
- Sport in Norway, and where to find it. Together with a short account of the vegetable productions of the country. To which is added, a list of the Alpine flora of the Dovre fjeld and of the Norwegian ferns, &c. By M. R. Barnard. .. London, Chapman and Hall, 1864. url p. 281.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 47.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 10, p. 42.
- Synoptical flora of North America. New York, American Book Company, 1878-1895/97 [v.2, pt. 1, 1878] url p. 133.
- The A B C of bee culture: a cyclopaedia of every thing pertaining to the care of the honey-bee, by A.I.Root. Sydney, Hebblewhite, 1891. url p. 174.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants; together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the America By Alphonso Wood. Chicago, A. S. Barnes, 1870. url p. 40.
- The American midland naturalist. 1 1909-1910 Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 289, p. 413, p. 54.
- The American text book of practical and scientific agriculture, Detroit, Elwood and company, 1854. url p. 105.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 175, p. 175, p. 292, p. 328, p. 333, p. 394, p. 394, p. 394, p. 48, p. 48, p. 48.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 128, p. 128, p. 164, p. 219.
- The Bahama flora, New York, The Authors, 1920. url .
- The Bahama flora, by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Charles Frederick Millspaugh. New York, The authors, 1920. url p. 147, p. 147, p. 147, p. 147.
- The British cyclopædia of natural history: combining a scientific classification of animals, plants, and minerals. .. By authors eminent in their particular department. Arranged and ed. by Charles F. Partington. London: Orr & Smith, 1835-37. url p. 182, p. 842.
- The British flora: comprising the phaenogamous or flowering plants, and the ferns / London, 1855. url p. 41.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 118, p. 143, p. 161, p. 203, p. 205, p. 218, p. 219, p. 220, p. 224, p. 241, p. 56, p. 560, p. 572, p. 620, p. 631, p. 671, p. 87.
- The Canadian horticulturist [monthly] St. Catharines, E.S. Leavenworth. url p. 55.
- The Canadian journal of industry, science and art. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1856-1867. url p. 221.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 246, p. 40.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 54.
- The Catholic yearbook: comprehending, the circle of the seasons and key to the calendar and almanac, or the natural history, religious festivals and miscellaneous customs of the whole year adapted for all succeeding years; [by Thomas Ignatius Maria Forster] London: Keating and Brown, 1833. url p. 123.
- The Coleoptera of the British islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. / by the Rev. W. W. Fowler. London: L. Reeve & co., 1887-1913. url p. 379.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 297, p. 322.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 221, p. 226.
- The Entomologist's annual. London: John Van Voorst, 1855-1874. url p. 18.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 20, p. 37.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 106, p. 136, p. 18, p. 188.
- The Entomologist. London: Edward Newman, 1840- url p. 224.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 227, p. 240.
- The Eskimo tribes; their distribution and characteristics, especially as regards language, with a comparative vocabulary and sketch-map. Copenhagen1887-91. url p. 151.
- The Farmer's magazine. [London: Rogerson and Tuxford, 1834-1881. url p. 283, p. 288, p. 360, p. 360, p. 374, p. 392.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 382.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Garden flowers of the year. LondonReligious Tract Society[1847?] url p. 92.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 178, p. 76.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 421, p. 476, p. 682, p. 698, p. 746, p. 762, p. 764, p. 973.
- The Gardeners' chronicle. 1841 London: published for the proprietors, 1841-1843. url p. 567.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 103, p. 14, p. 24, p. 327, p. 470, p. 775.
- The Horticulturist and journal of rural art and rural taste. Albany, N.Y.: Luther Tucker, 1846-1875. url p. 402.
- The Illustrated annual register of rural affairs and cultivator almanac for the year. .. Albany, N.Y.: Luther Tucker, 1855-1881. url p. 86.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 185, p. 189.
- The Journal of agricultural science. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press. url p. 4, p. 510.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 165, p. 165, p. 201, p. 241, p. 343, p. 344, p. 458, p. 467, p. 71.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 349.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 11 1871 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 293, p. 35, p. 393, p. 394, p. 395.
- The Magazine of horticulture, botany, and all useful discoveries and improvements in rural affairs. Boston: Hovey and Co., 1837- url p. 343.
- The Manchester flora: a descriptive list of the plants growing wild within eighteen miles of Manchester, with notices of the plants commonly cultivated in gardens; preceded by an introduction to botany, by L. H. Grindon. London, W. White, 1859. url p. 120.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 101, p. 279, p. 29.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 297.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url , , p. 92.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 110, p. 138, p. 150, p. 160, p. 210, p. 223, p. 261, p. 319, p. 320, p. 344, p. 347, p. 348, p. 360, p. 397, p. 406, p. 42, p. 473, p. 532, p. 73, p. 74.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 136, p. 203, p. 78, p. 846, p. 847, p. 984.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 469, p. 536, p. 542, p. 543, p. 544, p. 562, p. 605, p. 682, p. 715, p. 742, p. 801, p. 853.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 507.
- The Scottish botanical review. Edinburgh: Neill & Co., 1912. url p. 236.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url , p. 168, p. 282, p. 30, p. 360.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 8, p. 8.
- The agriculturist's manual: being a familiar description of the agricultural plants cultivated in Europe: including practical observations respecting those suited to the climate of Great Britain and forming a report of Lawson's by Peter Lawson & Son. Edinburgh: William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh: Thomas Cadell, 141 Strand, London; and W. Curry Jun. & Co., Dublin, 1836. url p. 184, p. 286.
- The birds of Berwickshire; with remarks on their local distribution migration, and habits, and also on the folk-lore, proverbs, popular rhymes and sayings connected with them, by George Muirhead. .. Edinburgh, David Douglas, 1889-95. url p. 170.
- The birds of Somersetshire. London: John van Voorst, 1869. url p. 236, p. 236.
- The birds of Sussex, London, R.H. Porter, 1891. url .
- The birds of Sussex, by William Borrer. London, R.H. Porter, 1891. url p. 177.
- The birds of the west of Scotland: including the outer Hebrides, with occasional records of the occurrence of the rarer species throughout Scotland generally / by Robert Gray. Glasgow: T. Murray & Son, 1871. url p. 217.
- The book of British butterflies. London, L.U. Gill, 1893. url p. 246.
- The book of British butterflies: a practical manual for collectors and naturalists / by W.J. Lucas; with illustrations by the author London: L. Upcott Gill, 1893 url p. 246, p. 58.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 150.
- The botany of the Eastern Borders: with the popular names and uses of the plants, and of the customs and beliefs which have been associated with them / by George Johnston. London: J. Van Voorst, 1853. url p. 322.
- The botany of the eastern borders, with the popular names and uses of the plants, and of the customs and beliefs which have been associated with them. London, J. Van Voorst, 1853. url .
- The complete grazier and farmers' and cattlebreeders' assistant. .. originally written by William Youatt. .. considerably enlarged and mainly rewritten in 1893 and 1900 by William Fream. .. London, C. Lockwood and son, 1908. url p. 856.
- The different forms of flowers on plants of the same species. New York, D. Appleton, 1903. url .
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url .
- The farmer's dictionary: a vocabulary of the technical terms recently introduced into agriculture and horticulture from various sciences, and also a compendium of practical farming, the latter chiefly from the works of the Re edited by D. P. Gardner. New York: Harper, 1846. url p. 840.
- The farmer's guide to scientific and practical agriculture. Detailing the labors of the farmer, in all their variety, and adapting them to the seasons of the year as they successively occur. By Henry Stephens, assisted by John P. Norton. New York, L. Scott, 1850-1851. url p. 583, p. 97.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 112, p. 667.
- The field botanist's companion: comprising a familiar account, in the four seasons, of the most common of the wild flowering plants of the British Isles / by Thomas Moore. London: L. Reeve, 1862. url p. 197.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 60.
- The flora of Oxfordshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with sketches of the progress of Oxfordshire botany during the last three centuries, and London, Parker and Co., 1886. url .
- The flora of St. Croix and the Virgin Islands, by Baron H.F.A. Eggers. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1879. url p. 130, p. 24.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 86.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 10.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 242.
- The fruit, flower, and kitchen garden. By Patrick Neill. Adapted to the United States. Philadelphia, H. C. Baird, 1851. url p. 227.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url , p. 480, p. 71.
- The geography of plants. .. London, American Sunday-School Union;[1850?] url p. 31.
- The handy book of bees; being a practical treatise on their profitable management, Edinburgh, W. Blackwood and sons, 1889. url .
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 343.
- The history of Harting, by the Rev. H.D. Gordon. With a chapter on the geology of the district, by the late Sir Roderick Impey Murchison, and some notice of its fauna and flora, by J. Weaver. London: Printed for the authors by W. Davy, 1877. url p. 476.
- The house sparrow: by an ornithologist, J. H. Gurney, junr.; by a friend of the farmers, Colonel C. Russell; and The English sparrow in America, by Dr. Elliott Coues. London, W. Wesley and son[pref. 1885] url p. 9.
- The illustrated dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists. Ed. by George Nicholson. Assisted by Professor J. W. H. Trail and J. Garrett. London: L. U. Gill, -89. url p. 307, p. 378.
- The letters of Rusticus on the natural history of Godalming. Extracted from the Magazine of natural history, the Entomological magazine, and the Entomologist. London: Printed for John Van Voorst, 1849. url p. 147.
- The life of John Duncan Scotch weaver and botanist: with sketches of his friends and notices of the times / by William Jolly. London: Kegan Paul, Trench and Co., 1883. url p. 507.
- The little English flora, or, a botanical and popular account of all our common field flowers. London, Simpkin, Marshall & co., 1842. url p. 135.
- The natural history of Ireland. London: Reeve, Benham and Reeve, 1849-56. url .
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , , .
- The natural history of plants. Translated by Marcus M. Hartog. LondonL. Reeve1871- url p. 181, p. 192, p. 223.
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 975.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , , , , .
- The naturalised flora of South Australia / by J.M. Black. Adelaide: J.M. Black, 1909. url p. 26, p. 27.
- The naturalist in Norway: or, Notes on the wild animals, birds, fishes, and plants of that country. .. / by Rev. J. Bowden. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1869. url p. 235.
- The naturalist's diary: a day-book of meteorology, phenology and rural biology. With a chart showing the blossoming of spring flowers in Europe, and an introduction of natural periodic phenomena, etc. 188-. London, Sonnenschein, Le Bas and Lowrey[pref. 1886] url .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 141, p. 142.
- The pictorial museum of animated nature. .. London: C. Cox, [1844?] url p. 354.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 14.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 3404, p. 3635, p. 544.
- The suburban horticulturist; or, An attempt to teach the science and practice of the culture and management of the kitchen, fruit, & forcing garden to those who have had no previous knowledge or practice in these departments of g By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with numerous engravings on wood. London, William Smith, 1842. url p. 683.
- The survey of western Palestine. The fauna and flora of Palestine, by H. B. Tristram. London, The Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund, 1884. url p. 231.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url , p. 128, p. 262, p. 263.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 676, p. 904.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 663, p. 676, p. 904.
- Through the fields with Linnæus; a chapter in Swedish history, by Mrs. Florence Caddy. London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1887. url p. 182.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torrey, J. & A. Gray A flora of North America: containing abridged descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing north of Mexico, arranged according to the natural system /by John Torrey and Asa Gray. New York: Wiley & Putnam, 1838-. url p. 99, p. 99.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 242.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 119, p. 165.
- Transactions of the American Institute of the City of New-York. [S.l.: s.n.], 1852- url p. 310.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 225.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 319, p. 89.
- Transactions of the Entomological Society of London. London, The Society. url p. 111, p. 203.
- Transactions of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex: The Club, 1880-1886. url p. 122.
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url , , p. 123, p. 241.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 167.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 5 1896 London. url p. 134, p. 135, p. 491.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 247.
- Transactions of the New-York State Agricultural Society. .. Albany: The Society, 1842-1889. url p. 256.
- Transactions of the Tyneside Naturalists' Field Club. Newcastle-upon-Tyne: F. & W. Dodsworth, 1850-1864. url p. 306.
- Vegetable teratology, an account of the principal deviations from the usual construction of plants, by Maxwell T. Masters. .. With numerous illus. by E.M. Williams. London, Published for the Ray society by R. Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 181, p. 182, p. 250, p. 271, p. 280, p. 501.
- Veterinary toxicology. Chicago, A. Eger, 1912. url .
- Vorlesungen über Pflanzenphysiologie. Jena, G. Fischer, 1904. url p. 555.
- Walks in New England, by Charles Goodrich Whiting, with illustrations from photographs. London, J. Lane, 1903. url .
- Weeds, and how to eradicate them by Thomas Shaw. Toronto: J.E. Bryant, 1893. url .
- Withering, W. A systematic arrangement of British plants: with an easy introduction to the study of botany. 3 1801 London: Printed for T. Cadell, jun [etc.], 1801. url p. 583.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 382, p. 9069, p. 9238, p. 9522.
- [Publications on plant pathology from Wisconsin Experiment Station Research bulletins, collected by H.S. Jackson.] [Madison, Wis.][1911-33] url p. 31.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Brassicaceae species checklist and database. Release date: December 10, 2009
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed September 02, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from provider.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- "Sinapis arvensis". in Flora of China Vol. 8 Page 23. Published by Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 26, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 18, 2007:
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Flora of the Stołowe Mts.
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2648900
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Mus-3334
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2481187
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:91826-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 33965
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 23310
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: BRAR12 BRK
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 25863
- Tai-yien Cheo, Lianli Lu, Guang Yang, Ihsan Al-Shehbaz & Vladimir Dorofeev "Sinapis". in Flora of China Vol. 8 Page 22. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Sinapis arvensis". in Flora of China Vol. 8 Page 23. Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 146.560 meters (480.840 feet), Standard Deviation = 199.170 based on 18,897 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]