Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Chinese:
Shan Mei Cao
Common Names in English:
Creeping Sibbaldia, Creeping-Glow-Wort, Prostrate Sibbaldia, Sibbaldia
, or herbs, deciduous or evergreen
. Stems erect
, or creeping
. Buds usually with several exposed scales
, sometimes with only 2. Leaves alternate, rarely opposite, simple
; stipules paired
, rarely absent, persistent
or deciduous; petiole usually 2-glandular apically; leaf blade
often serrate at margin
, rarely entire. Inflorescences various, from single flowers to umbellate
, racemose or cymose-paniculate. Flowers usually actinomorphic
, rarely unisexual
and then plants
dioecious. Hypanthium (formed from basal parts of sepals, petals, and stamens) free from or adnate to ovary, short or elongate
. Sepals usually 5, rarely fewer or more, imbricate; epicalyx
segments sometimes also present. Petals as many as sepals, inserted
below margin of disk, free, imbricate, sometimes absent. Disk lining hypanthium, usually entire, rarely lobed
. Stamens usually numerous
, rarely few, always in a complete
at margin of or above disk; filaments
usually free, very rarely connate
, rarely elongate, 2-locular. Carpels 1 to many, free, or ± connate and then adnate to inner surface of cupular receptacle; ovary inferior, semi-inferior, or superior; ovules usually 2 in each carpel, rarely 1 or several, anatropous
. Styles as many as carpels, terminal
, or basal, free or sometimes connate. Fruit a follicle, pome, achene, or drupe, rarely a capsule, naked or enclosed in persistent hypanthium and sometimes also by sepals. Seeds erect or pendulous, sometimes winged
, usually exalbuminous
, very rarely with thin endosperm; cotyledons mostly fleshy
abaxially, rarely folded or convolute.
Between 95 and 125 genera and 2825-3500 species: cosmopolitan , mostly in N temperate zone; 55 genera (two endemic) and 950 species (546 endemic) in China.
Many plants of this family are of economic importance and contribute to people s livelihoods. The Rosaceae contain a great number of fruit trees of temperate regions . The fruits contain vitamins, acids, and sugars and can be used both raw and for making preserves, jam, jelly, candy, various drinks, wine, vinegar, etc. The dried fruits of the genera
Amygdalus and Armeniaca are of high commercial value. Some plants in the genus Rosa containing essential oils or with a high vitamin content are used in industry . Rosaceae wood is used for making various articles, stems and roots are used for making tannin extract, and young leaves are used as a substitute for tea. Numerous species are used for medical purposes or are cultivated as ornamentals .
The Rosaceae are very well represented in China, with great economic and scientific importance. The Co-chairs of the Editorial Committee (Wu and Raven) here note that the patterns of relationship are complex and the group is taxonomically difficult. 
, often woody based. Flowering stems prostrate
. Leaves pinnate or palmately 3 5-foliolate; leaflets
serrate at apex or margin
, rarely entire. Inflorescence a cyme or solitary flower. Flowers usually bisexual
, rarely unisexual
. Hypanthium saucer-shaped
or cupular. Sepals (4 or) 5, alternate, persistent
segments (4 or) 5. Petals (4 or) 5, yellow, purple-red, or white. Disk usually markedly broad, rarely not so. Stamens (4 or) 5( 10) ; anthers
2-loculed. Carpels 4 20, free
; ovule usually ascending
; style sub-basal, lateral
, or subterminal
. Achenes few, inserted
, dry receptacle. x
About 20 species: arctic and alpine regions of N hemisphere; 13 species (four endemic) in China.
Species Sibbaldia procumbens
Herbs perennial , woody based. Flowering stems prostrate or ascending , 4-30 cm tall, appressed pilose , or strigose throughout. Radical leaves 3-12 cm including petiole ; stipules brown, membranous; petiole pilose; leaf blade 3-foliolate; leaflets shortly petiolulate or subsessile , oblong or obovate , 1-3 × 0.6-1.5 cm, abaxially appressed pilose, adaxially sparsely pilose or sometimes glabrous , base cuneate, margin 3-5-dentate, apex truncate ; teeth triangular, rarely ovate and acute; cauline leaves 1 or 2, resembling radical ones but petiole shorter; stipules lanceolate or ovate, sparsely pilose, margin entire. Inflorescence terminal , compact , corymbose , 8-12-flowered. Flowers 4-6 mm in diam. Sepals ovate to triangular-ovate, apex acute; epicalyx segments much shorter than to nearly equaling sepals. Petals yellow, obovate-oblong, slightly or much shorter than sepals, apex rounded . Stamens ca. 5. Style lateral . Achenes glabrous. Fl. and fr. Jul-Aug. [source]
Habit: Subshrub , Shrub , Forb/herb
Flowers: Bloom Period: June. • Flower Color: pale yellow
Size: under 6" tall.
Forests , meadows on mountain slopes , dry mountain slopes, grasslands by lakes , rock crevices; 2400--4000 m. .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,256 meters (0 to 13,963 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Rosanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Coelas procumbens (L.) Dulac • Dactylophyllum sibbaldia Spenn. • Potentilla procumbens (L.) Clairv. • Potentilla sibbaldia Kurtz • Potentilla sibbaldii Haller F. • Sibbaldia procumbens var. valdehirta Ohwi
Name Status: Accepted Name .
Members of the genus Sibbaldia
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Flora of Glacier National Park, Montana, by Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921. url p. 246, p. 362.
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url , , .
- A Yosemite flora; a descriptive account of the ferns and flowering plants, including the trees, of the Yosemite National Park; with simple keys for their identification. .. by Harvey Monroe Hall and Carlotta Case Hall. San Francisco, Elder, 1912. url p. 132.
- A botanical tour in the highlands of Perthshire by W.P. and A.T. London, W. Pamplin, 1857. url p. 46, p. 76.
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. .. Illustrated by a flora of the northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4 Claremont, N.H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1847. url p. 257.
- A class-book of botany: designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries: in two parts: part I, The elements of botany: part II, The natural orders: illustrated by a flora of the northern, middle, and western states, particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat 38 3/4 / by Alphonso Wood. New York: A.S. Barnes & Burr; c1846. url p. 257.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url , .
- A compendium of the flora of the northern and middle states, containing generic and specific descriptions of all the plants, exclusive of the cryptogamia, hitherto found in the United States, north of the Potomac. New York, S. B. Collins, 1826. url p. 142.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 180.
- A flora of northwest America containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia / Portland, Or.: [s.n.], 1901. url .
- A flora of northwest America, containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia. Portland, Or., 1903. url .
- A flora of northwest America: containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia / by Thomas Howell. Vol. 1, Phanerogamae. Portland, Or.: [s.n.], 1903. url p. 175, p. 175.
- A flora of the South Fork of Kings River: from Millwood to the head waters of Bubbs Creek / by Alice Eastwood. [San Francisco]: Sierra Club, 1902. url p. 42.
- A monograph of the North American Potentilleae. [Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Print. Co.]1898. url , , , , , p. 177, p. 185.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 580.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 199.
- A report upon the boreal flora of the Sierra Nevada of California / by Frank Jason Smiley. Berkeley, Calif.: University of California Press, 1921. url p. 242.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. 25 1904 Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 101, p. 104, p. 116, p. 116, p. 118, p. 118, p. 134, p. 138, p. 145, p. 159, p. 49, p. 50, p. 72.
- After wild sheep in the Altai and Mongolia; by E. Demidoff, prince San Donato. London, R. Ward, 1900. url p. 315.
- Alpine flowers for English gardens / London: J. Murray, 1870. url .
- American forests. Washington [etc.]American Forestry Association [etc.] url p. 293.
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Ross, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828. url p. 886.
- An encyclopædia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1827. url p. 886.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 443, p. 444.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 261, p. 261.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 318, p. 319.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 299, p. 400, p. 80.
- Annotated bibliography of bog lemmings / compiled by James Reichel, Montana Natural Heritage Program. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2003, c1997. url p. 11.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 445, p. 445.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 145.
- Annual report upon explorations and surveys in the department of the Missouri / Washington: U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1878. url p. 1835.
- Annual report. United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories. 1st-12th, 1867-1878. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1867-83. url p. 485.
- Annual wholesale catalogue of American trees, shrubs, plants and seeds: cultivated and for sale at the Linn©an Botanic Garden and Nurseries, near New-York / William Prince & Sons, proprietors. New York: s.n., 1832 url p. 207.
- Arctic zoology. .. London: Printed by Henry Hughs, 1784-1785. url p. 6.
- Botanic contributions relating to the flora of western North America [by] Gray, Engelmann, Torrey [and] Fre?mont. v.p., 1843-53 url p. 89.
- Botanical survey of the Goat Flat proposed research natural area, Deerlodge National Forest/ by Peter L. Achuff and Lisa S. Roe. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program url p. 19.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 118, p. 119, p. 36.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 181.
- Botany Cambridge, Mass., John Wilson and Son, 1880 url p. 180.
- Botany of the northern and middle states, or, A description of the plants found in the United States, north of Virginia: arranged according to the natural system: with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnaean system. .. / Albany: Printed by Webster and Skinners. .., 1833. url p. 108.
- Botany. By W. H. Brewer, Sereno Watson, and Asa Gray. Boston, Little, Brown, 1880. url p. 180.
- Botany. Cambridge, Mass.Welch, Bigelow, University Press, 1876-80. url p. 180, p. 180.
- British wild flowers: familiarly described in the four seasons for the use of beginners and amateurs / by Thomas Moore. London, Reeve, 1867. url p. 228.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 22 1908 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 365.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 14 1925 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 14, p. 9.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 15.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. 1879 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 178.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1923 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 190.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 21.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 24 1897 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 13, p. 239, p. 26, p. 321, p. 443, p. 446, p. 466, p. 467, p. 577, p. 655.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 228, p. 234, p. 236, p. 386.
- Cassell's dictionary of practical gardening; an illustrated encyclopædia of practical horticulture for all classes; ed. by Walter P. Wright. London, Cassell and company, limited, 1902. url p. 230.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , p. 135, p. 135, p. 516, p. 516.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 355.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 355.
- Chloroplast pigments and chromatographic analysis. University Park, Pennsylvania State University url p. 148.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892- url .
- Contributions from the Department of Botany of Columbia University. [New York, N.Y.: s.n.], 1896- url p. 13.
- Contributions from the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1899- url p. 321, p. 466, p. 467.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 3 1892-1896 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 223, p. 246, p. 275, p. 283, p. 316, p. 316, p. 339, p. 340, p. 362, p. 633, p. 692, p. XIII.
- Contributions to North American ichthyology. Based primarily on the collections of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1877-78. url p. 178.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 199, p. 23, p. 26, p. 310, p. 348, p. 353, p. 400, p. 50.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United States and Canada, together with geo by L.H. Bailey assisted by Wilhelm Miller, PH. D., associate editor, and many expert cultivators and botanists. Illustrated with nearly three thousand engravings and one hundred and forty-five full-pa New York, Doubleday, Page & Company, 1906. url p. 1539.
- Don, G. A general history of the dichlamydeous plants: comprising complete descriptions of the different orders...the whole arranged according to the natural system /by George Don. 1 1831 London: J.G. and F. Rivington, 1831-1838. url p. 39.
- Edinburgh encyclopaedia, conducted by David Brewster. .. with the assistance of gentlemen eminent in science and literature. Edinburgh, Blackwood, 1830. url p. 494.
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url .
- English botany, or, coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: G. Bell, 1873. url p. 142.
- Erythea. a journal of botany, West American and general. Berkeley, Calif., University of California, 1893-1922. url , p. 139.
- Field and forest. [Washington: Columbia Press, 1875-1878]. url p. 98, p. 99.
- First report on the flora of Wyoming / Aven Nelson. Laramie: Wyoming Experiment Station, 1896. url p. 104.
- Flora Washingtonensis; a catalogue of the Phaenogamia and Pteridophyta of the state of Washington, n.p., 1892 url .
- Flora boreali-Americana, or, The botany of the northern parts of British America compiled principally from the plants collected by Dr. Richardson & Mr. Drummond on the late northern expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. to which are added (by permission of by Sir William Jackson Hooker. London: H.G. Bohn, 1840. url .
- Flora montana formosae; an enumeration of plants found on Mt. Morrison, the central chain and other mountainous regions of Formosa at altitudes of 3, 000-13, 000 ft. By B. Hayata. Tokyo, The University, 1908. url p. 84.
- Flora of Colorado, Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url .
- Flora of Colorado, by P. A. Rydberg, PH. D. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 187.
- Flora of Colorado, by P.A. Rydberg. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 187, p. 187.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 529.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 316.
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 141.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 182.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 102, p. 412, p. 596, p. 84, p. 94.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url , p. 167, p. 456.
- Flora of the Yellowstone National Park / by Frank Tweedy. Washington, D.C.: F. Tweedy, 1886. url p. 17, p. 35, p. 35.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 210.
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 340.
- Flowers of the field. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge[186-?] url p. 189.
- General index to the flora of Formosa as recorded in all literature up to the publication of Icones plantarum Formosanarum VI = Taiwan shokubutsu somokuroku / [B. Hayata] [Taihoku]: Taiwan Sotokufu Minseibu Shokusankyoku, 1917. url p. 26.
- Gray's lessons in botany and vegetable physiology, illus. by over 360 wood engravings, from original drawings, by Isaac Sprague. To which is added a copious glossary, or dictionary of botanical terms. By Asa Gray. Chicago, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor & co. url p. 115.
- Gray's new manual of botany (7th ed.--illustrated) A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1908] url p. 480.
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 480.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1978 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 267, p. 542.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 1067.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 375, p. 376, p. vii.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalised in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London, L. Reeve & Co., ltd., 1918. url p. 138.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 145, p. 204.
- Heredity and evolution in plants. Philadelphia, Blakiston, 1920. url p. 160.
- Hooker, W. J. Botanical miscellany. 1 1830 London: J. Murray, 1830-1833. url p. 320, p. 320, p. 87.
- Hooker, W. J. Flora boreali-americana, or, the botany of the northern parts of British America: compiled principally from the plants collected by Dr. Richardson & Mr. Drummond on the late northern expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. To which are added (by permission of the Horticultural society of London, ) those of Mr. Douglas, from north-west America, and of other naturalists /by Sir William Jackson Hooker. 1 1840 London, H.G. Bohn -1840. url p. 196.
- Hortus suburbanus Calcuttensis; A catalogue of the plants which have been cultivated in the Hon. East India Company's botanical garden, Calcutta, and in the Serampore botanical garden. By the late J. O. Voigt, printed under the superintendence of W. Griffith. Calcutta, Bishop's College Press, 1845. url p. 193.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 199.
- Ice-bound on Kolguev: a chapter in the exploration of Arctic Europe to which is added a record of the natural history of the island / by Aubyn Trevor-Battye; with numerous illustrations by J.T. Nettleship, Charles Whymper and the author. Westminster: A. Constable, 1895. url p. 405.
- Ice-bound on Kolguev; a chapter in the exploration of Arctic Europe, to which is added a record of the natural history of the island, Westminster, A. Constable and Company, 1895. url .
- Icones plantarum formosanarum nec non et contributiones ad floram formosanam: or, Icones of the plants of Formosa, and materials for a flora of the island, based on a study of the collections of the Botanical survey of the Government of Formosa / By B. Hayata. .. Taihoku: Bureau of Productive Industry, Government of Formosa, 1911-1921. url p. 238.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 5 1867 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 108, p. 12, p. 12, p. 204, p. 204, p. 216, p. 239, p. 31, p. 348, p. 349, p. 5.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. Botany. 7 1864 London: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, & Roberts: ||Williams and Norgate, 1857-1864. url p. 138.
- Key to the Rocky Mountain flora; Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia. New York, 1919. url p. 123.
- Larva collecting and breeding: a handbook to the larvae of the British Macro-Lepidoptera and their food plants: both in nature and in confinement, with authorities / by J. Seymour St. John. London: W. Wesley, 1890 url p. 12.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 188.
- Magazine of zoology and botany. Edinburgh; Dublin. url p. 517.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1851. url .
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by Charles Cardale Babington. London: John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 92.
- Manual of the botany (Phaenogamia and Pteridophyta) of the Rocky mountain region, from New Mexico to the British boundary. By John M. Coulter. and Chicago: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and company, 1885. url p. 86.
- Manual of the botany (Phænogamia and Pteridophyta) of the Rocky mountain region, from New Mexico to the British boundary. and Chicago, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and Company, 1885. url .
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi and north of North Carolina and Tennessee / by Asa Gray. New York: American Book Co., c1889. url p. 161.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 500.
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url , , .
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 108, p. 114, p. 119, p. 120, p. 121, p. 124, p. 125, p. 132, p. 134, p. 141, p. 146, p. 149, p. 149, p. 150, p. 157, p. 158, p. 160, p. 161, p. 181, p. 183, p. 188, p. 189, p. 192, p. 202, p. 215, p. 221, p. 228, p. 229, p. 242, p. 245, p. 246, p. 262, p. 266, p. 270, p. 270, p. 285, p. 287, p. 288, p. 322, p. 34, p. 349, p. 357, p. 364, p. 373, p. 379, p. 391, p. 393, p. 397, p. 416, p. 417, p. 423, p. 426, p. 441, p. 470, p. 48, p. 54, p. 549, p. 58, p. 60, p. 62, p. 634, p. 697, p. 73, p. 748, p. 77, p. 84, p. 86, p. 91.
- Memoir and correspondence of the late Sir James Edward Smith, Ed. by Lady Smith. London, Longman, Rees, Orne Brown, Green and Longman, 1832. url p. 57, p. 606.
- Memoirs of the National Academy of Sciences. Washington, D. C.: Government Printing Office, 1866- url , , .
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 218, p. 218.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 188.
- Memorials, journal and botanical correspondence of Charles Cardale Babington. Cambridge, [Eng.]: Macmillan and Bowes, 1897. url p. 465.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url , , .
- Morphology of angiosperms (Morphology of spermatophytes, Part II) by John Merle Coulter and Charles James [!] Chamberlain. New York, Appleton & Co., 1903. url p. 346.
- Morphology of angiosperms: (Morphology of spermatophytes, Part II) / by John Merle Coulter and Charles Joseph Chamberlain. New York: D. Appleton, 1909, c1903. url p. 346.
- Mount Rainier: a record of exploration / edited by Edmond S. Meany. New York: Macmillan, 1916. url p. 272.
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 147, p. 167, p. 26.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1909] url .
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 10, p. 126, p. 134, p. 150, p. 177, p. 22, p. 51, p. 52, p. 52, p. 53, p. 67, p. 68, p. 77, p. 93.
- North Atlantic biota and their history; a symposium held at the University of Iceland, Reykjavík, July 1962, under the auspices of the University of Iceland and the Museum of Natural History. Editors: Askell Löve and Doris Löve. Sponsored Oxford, New York, Pergamon Press, 1963 url p. 288.
- Northern bog lemming survey, 1993: a report to USDA Forest Service / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 1994. url .
- Northern bog lemming survey, 1995: a report to USDI Bureau of Land Management / submitted by James D. Reichel. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 1996. url p. 26.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 3 1904 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 104, p. 114, p. 115, p. 161, p. 171, p. 172, p. 184, p. 185, p. 187, p. 208, p. 210, p. 213, p. 215, p. 243, p. 26, p. 277, p. 297, p. 298, p. 299, p. 30, p. 309, p. 312, p. 344, p. 346, p. 347, p. 349, p. 353, p. 354, p. 367, p. 369, p. 370, p. 372, p. 384, p. 385, p. 386, p. 389, p. 39, p. 402, p. 404, p. 405, p. 416, p. 417, p. 418, p. 420, p. 431, p. 456, p. 457, p. 47, p. 47, p. 479, p. 53, p. 62, p. 72, p. 75, p. 76, p. 95, p. 98.
- Observations on the flora of Japan. Tokyo, 1901-1914. url p. 106, p. 37.
- Oecology of plants: an introduction to the study of plant-communities / by Eug. Warming; assisted by Martin Vahl; prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 319.
- Oecology of plants; an introduction to the study of plant-communities, by Eug. Warming, assisted by Martin Vahl. Prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 319.
- On the fauna and flora of the west of Scotland. Meeting at Glasgow, September, 1876. Glasgow, Blackie, 1876 url p. 60.
- Outlines of botany for the high school laboratory and classroom (based on Gray's Lessons in botany) by Robert Greenleaf Leavitt. .. prepared at the request of the Botanical Department of Harvard University. New York, American Book Co. url p. 161.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 136, p. 145, p. 228, p. 229, p. 233, p. 289, p. 290, p. 299, p. 301, p. 353.
- Plant indicators: the relation of plant communities to process and practice. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url p. 228, p. 234.
- Plant life in Alpine Switzerland; being an account in simple language of the natural history of Alpine plants, London, J. Murray, 1910. url , .
- Plant materials of decorative gardening; the woody plants, by William Trelease. Urbana, The author, 1917. url p. 98.
- Plant sociology; the study of plant communities; authorized English translation of Pflanzensoziologie, by Dr. J. Braun-Blanquet. Translated, revised and edited by George D. Fuller and Henry S. Conard. New York and London, McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1932. url p. 433.
- Popular geography of plants; or, A botanical excursion round the world, by E.M.C.; ed. by Charles Daubeny. London, 1855. url p. 347, p. 355.
- Practical botany, structural and systematic, the latter portion being an analytical key to the wild flowering plants, trees, shrubs, ordinary herbs, sedges and grasses of the northern and middle United States east of t New York, H. Holt and Company, 1876. url .
- Proceedings - California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 430, p. 65.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 61, p. 61.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 430, p. 65.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url p. 276.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 7 1884 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 532.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url , p. 3.
- Proceedings. Halifax url , p. 93.
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 269.
- Publications in botany / Ottawa: The Museum, 1969- url p. 46, p. 50.
- Pursh, F. T. Flora Americae Septentrionalis: or, A systematic arrangement and description of the plants of North america. Containing, besides what have been described by preceding authors, many new and rare species, collected during twelve years travels and residence in that country /by Frederick Pursh. .. 1 1814 London: Printed for White, Cochrance, and co., 1814. url p. 211.
- Range plant handbook. Washington, U. S. Govt. print. off., 1937. url .
- Rare plant inventory and plant community descriptions of the Sweet Grass Hills, Proposed Area of Critical Environmental Concern (PACEC), Toole and Liberty Counties, Montana / prepared for United States Department of Interior, Bureau of Land Management; prepared by Western Technology and Engineering, Inc. in cooperation with Montana Natural Heritage Program. Helena, MT: Western Technology and Engineering, Inc.,  url .
- Report and Transactions of the Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists Glasgow:Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists, 1873-77. url p. 34, p. 69.
- Report of the Brown-Harvard Expedition to Nachvak, Labrador, 1900 / by E.B. Delabarre. Providence, R.I.: Preston & Rounds Co., 1902. url p. 181.
- Report of the exploring expedition to the Rocky Mountains in the year 1842: and to Oregon and north California in the years 1843-44 / Washington: Blair and Rives, Printers, 1845. url p. 89.
- Report upon United States Geographical surveys west of the one hundredth meridian, Washington, Govt. print. off., 1875-89. url .
- Reports and papers on botany. London: Printed for the Ray society, 1846-49. url p. 327, p. 335.
- Results of a biological survey of Mount Shasta, California, Washington, Govt Print. Off., 1899. url , , , .
- Results of a biological survey of mount Shasta, California, by C. Hart Merriam, chief of Divison of Biological Survey. Washington, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture. Div. of Biological Survey: 1899. url p. 150, p. 177.
- Rocky Mountain wild flower studies; an account of the ways of some plants that live in the Rocky Mountain region, by Burton O. Longyear. .. with illustrations from nature by the author. Denver, Merchants Publishing Co., c1909 url p. 86.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 266.
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Big Belt and Elkhorn Mountains, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Helena National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jackie M. Poole and Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Helena National Forest. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Gallatin National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for U.S. Forest Service, Gallatin National Forest. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 77.
- Sport in Norway, and where to find it. Together with a short account of the vegetable productions of the country. To which is added, a list of the Alpine flora of the Dovre fjeld and of the Norwegian ferns, &c. By M. R. Barnard. .. London, Chapman and Hall, 1864. url p. 286, p. 286.
- Status review and taxonomic studies of Astragalus molybdenus, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Lewis and Clark National Forest / prepared by Lisa Ann Schassberger and J. Stephen Shelly. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 26, p. 9.
- Supplement to the arctic zoology London: Printed by Henry Hughs, 1787. url .
- Swan Valley northern bog lemming survey: Final report to Montana Department of Transportation / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 1994. url .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 102, p. 103, p. 139, p. 19, p. 31, p. 32, p. 38, p. 9, p. 95.
- Text-book of western botany: consisting of Coulter's Manual of the botany of the Rocky mountains, to which is prefixed Gray's lessons in botany. For the use of schools and colleges between the Mississippi river and the Rocky moun Chicago: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and Company, 1885. url p. 86.
- The Aleutian islands: their people and natural history (with keys for the identification of the birds and plants) City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1945. url p. 104, p. 114.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 28.
- The American journal of science. 45 1843 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 28, p. 391, p. 62, p. 72.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 232, p. 31, p. 33, p. 99, p. 99, p. 99.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 162, p. 229, p. 33, p. 37, p. 37.
- The Asa Gray bulletin. 1 1952 Ann Arbor, Mich. url , p. 213.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 68 1954 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 120, p. 121, p. 131, p. 179, p. 192, p. 223, p. 243, p. 25, p. 261, p. 264, p. 267, p. 287, p. 295, p. 335, p. 419, p. 435, p. 503, p. 58, p. 613, p. 652, p. 704, p. 751, p. 753.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 349, p. 353, p. 419.
- The Canadian naturalist and quarterly journal of science: with proceedings of the Natural History Society of Montreal. Montreal: Dawson, 1869-1883. url p. 417.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 184.
- The Edinburgh journal of science. v. 1-10, July 1824-Apr. 1829; new ser., v. 1-6, July 1829-Apr. 1832. EdinburghT. Clark [etc.] url p. 26.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 155, p. 159, p. 320, p. 322, p. 359, p. 359, p. 360, p. 363, p. 363.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 464.
- The English rock-garden, by Reginald Farrer. London, Jack, 1919. url p. 357.
- The Eskimo tribes; their distribution and characteristics, especially as regards language, with a comparative vocabulary and sketch-map. Copenhagen1887-91. url p. 228, p. 34, p. 39, p. 48, p. 71, p. 86.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 15, p. 571.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1844 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 503.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 247, p. 658, p. 797, p. 798.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 108, p. 119.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 43 1983 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 126, p. 158, p. 237, p. 43, p. 445, p. 64, p. 89, p. 90.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 272, p. 407, p. 59.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 193, p. 84.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 28 1891 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 275, p. 302, p. 415, p. 451, p. 520, p. 580.
- The Magazine of horticulture, botany, and all useful discoveries and improvements in rural affairs. Boston: Hovey and Co., 1837- url p. 217.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 180.
- The Mountaineer. Seattle, The Mountaineers, 1907-1921. url p. 113.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 164, p. 164.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 393, p. 422, p. 582, p. 620, p. 66.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 216, p. 221, p. 441, p. 470, p. 527, p. 539, p. 791, p. 872, p. 947.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url .
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 197.
- The Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science. Halifax, Nova Scotian Institute of Science. url p. 507.
- The Scottish botanical review. Edinburgh: Neill & Co., 1912. url p. 85.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 121, p. 134, p. 191, p. 219, p. 284, p. 339.
- The University of Colorado studies. Boulder, University of Colorado. url , p. 151, p. 152, p. 163, p. 165.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 144, p. 190, p. 42.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 186.
- The book of the seasons; or, The calendar of nature. LondonR. Bentley1833 url p. 161.
- The botany of Iceland, edited by L. Kolderup Rosenvinge and Eug. Warming. Copenhagen, J. Frimodt, 1912- url p. 299, p. 303, p. 304, p. 311, p. 312, p. 339, p. 598.
- The classes and orders of the Linnaean system of botany: Illustrated by select specimens of foreign and indigenous plants. London: Printed by T. Bensley for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, 1816. url , p. 129.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 667.
- The field botanist's companion: comprising a familiar account, in the four seasons, of the most common of the wild flowering plants of the British Isles / by Thomas Moore. London: L. Reeve, 1862. url p. 228.
- The flora of Boulder, Colorado, and vicinity, by Francis Potter Daniels. .. [Columbia, Mo.]The University of Missouri, 1911. url p. 144, p. 304, p. 42.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. 2 1879 London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 346, p. 346.
- The flora of British India. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1875-97. url .
- The flora of Canada, by J. M. Macoun and M. O. Malte. Ottawa: Government printing bureau, 1917. url p. 11, p. 3.
- The flora of Disko Island and the adjacent coast of West Greenland from 66-71 N. lat.: with remarks on phytogeography, ecology, flowering, fructification and hibernation / by Morten P. Porsild; assisted by A. Erling Porsild. København: B. Lunos bogt., 1920 [i.e. 1926]- url p. 8, p. 8, p. 9, p. 9, p. 94.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 59.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 59.
- The flora of the Rocky Mountains by Robert Campbell. S.l.: s.n., 1900? url .
- The flowering plants, grasses, sedges, & ferns of Great Britain and their allies, the club mosses, horsetails, etc. London, F. Warne, 1905. url .
- The fur seals and fur-seal islands of the North Pacific ocean. Washington, Govt. Print. Off.1898-99. url , , .
- The genera of North American plants: and a catalogue of the species, to the year 1817 / by Thomas Nuttall. Philadelphia: Printed for the Author by D. Heartt, 1818. url p. 207.
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 399, p. 399, p. 571, p. 571.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url , .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 399, p. 571.
- The mammals of the Caucasus; a history of the evolution of the fauna. (Mlekopitayushchie Kavkaza; istoriya formirovaniya fauny). [By] N. K. Vereskchagin. Chief editor: E. N. Pavlovskii. Editor of this volume: A. A. Strelkov. Translated from Russian [by A. Lerman and B. Rabinovich. Edited by M. Loeb] Jerusalem: Israel Program for Scientific Translations [available from the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Clearinghouse for Federal Scientific and Technical Information, Springfield, Va.], 1967. url p. 566.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne, in the county of Southhampton. / By the late Rev. Gilbert White. ..; Edited by Thomas Bell. .. Volume I[-II]. London: John Van Voorst. .., 1877. url p. 232.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , .
- The natural history of plants. By H. Baillon. Tr. by Marcus M. Hartog. London, L. Reeve & co., 1871-88. url p. 361.
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun by F. W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. London, Blackie, 1894-1895. url p. 662, p. 91, p. 975.
- The plant community [by] Herbert C. Hanson [and] Ethan D. Churchill. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp. url p. 215.
- The relation of leaf structure to physical factors.  url p. 101, p. 39.
- The student's flora of the British islands / by Sir J.D. Hooker. London: Macmillan, 1884. url p. 559.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , , .
- The voyage of the Vega round Asia and Europe; with a historical review of previous journeys along the north coast of the Old World, by A.E. Nordenkiöld, tr. by Alexander Leslie, with five steel portraits, numerous maps, and illustrations. New York, Macmillan and Co., 1882. url p. 439.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url , .
- Torrey, J. & A. Gray A flora of North America: containing abridged descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing north of Mexico, arranged according to the natural system /by John Torrey and Asa Gray. 1 1838-1840 New York: Wiley & Putnam, 1838-. url p. 433.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url , p. 121, p. 344, p. 55.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 123, p. 539.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 227.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 5 1896 London. url p. 156, p. 157, p. 491.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, The Society. url .
- Transactions of the Watford Natural History Society and Hertfordshire Field Club. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1875-1880. url p. 133.
- Travels in the central Caucasus and Bashan; including visits to Ararat and Tabreez and ascents of Kazbek and Elbruz. By Douglas W. Freshfield. London: Longmans, Green, & co., 1869. url p. 507.
- University of California publications in botany. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1902-2001. url p. 242.
- University studies of the University of Nebraska. Lincoln. url p. 350.
- Vascular plant and sensitive plant species inventory for the highland mountains, Deerlodge National Forest; prepared for Deerlodge National Forest / prepared by Peter Lesica. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 25, p. 47.
- Vegetation and flora of the Line Creek Plateau area, Carbon County, Montana / prepared by Peter Lesica and the Montana Natural Heritage Program; prepared for USDA Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 29, p. 4.
- Wild flowers of the North American mountains. New York, McBride, 1917. url p. 22, p. 325, p. 375.
- Zoe:a biological journal. 2 1891 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 290.
- Yü Te-tsun, Lu Ling-ti, Ku Tsue-chih, Li Chao-luan, Kuan Ke-chien & Chiang Wan-fu. 1974, 1985, 1986. Rosaceae. In: Yü Te-tsun, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 36: 1443; 37: 1516; 38: 1133.
- Yü Te-tsun, Lu Ling-ti, Ku Tsue-chih, Li Chao-luan, Kuan Ke-chien & Chiang Wan-fu. 1974, 1985, 1986. Rosaceae. In: Yü Te-tsun, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 36: 1443; 37: 1516; 38: 1133.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 12, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 39 providers.
- IOPI Global Plant Checklist 2005.
- IOPI Global Plant Checklist. Release date: August 1, 2007
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- "Sibbaldia". in Flora of China Vol. 9 Page 330. Published by Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- The International Plant Names Index. Accessed Jan 19, 2007.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 30, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Arizona State University Vascular Plant Herbarium
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- University of Turku provider, Rosaceae and Fabaceae of Kevo region, Northern Finland
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2650372
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Ros-2597
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:741489-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 33876
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 25308
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: POSI7
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 57098
- Cuizhi Gu, Chaoluan Li, Lingdi Lu, Shunyuan Jiang, Crinan Alexander, Bruce Bartholomew, Anthony R. Brach, David E. Boufford, Hiroshi Ikeda, Hideaki Ohba, Kenneth R. Robertson & Steven A. Spongberg "Rosaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 9 Page 46. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Li Chao-luang, Hiroshi Ikeda, Hideaki Ohba "Sibbaldia". in Flora of China Vol. 9 Page 329. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Sibbaldia". in Flora of China Vol. 9 Page 330. Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 597.210 meters (1,959.350 feet), Standard Deviation = 423.980 based on 7,042 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]