Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Lemonade Berry, Lemonade Sumac, Lemonadeberry, Sourberry
Common Names in unspecified:
Polygamous or dioecious trees
, usually sapiferous; sap
often irritant. Leaves compound
. Flowers small, greenish, in axillary
panicles. Calyx persistent
, 4-6-lobed; lobes
imbricate. Petals 4-6, spreading
. Disk present. Stamens as many as or twice the number of petals; anthers
, imperfect in the female flowers. Ovary unilocular
; styles 3, usually free
. Drupe small and dry.
Commonly known as sumacs. A genus of 250 species occurring in the warm temperate and subtropical regions of both the hemispheres. Represented in Pakistan by 7 species, 4 of which are native .
Habit: Tree , Shrub
Flowers: Bloom Period: January, February, March, April, May. • Flower Color: near white, pale pink, white
Size: 10-12' tall.
Culture: Space 24-36" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 5.1 • Maximum pH: 7.8
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Moisture: Drought Tolerance: High
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 10b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
: Anacardiaceae Styphonia integrifolia Nutt.
Basionym author: (Nutt.)
Basionym: Anacardiaceae Styphonia integrifolia Nutt.
Basionym author: (Nutt.)
Name Status: Accepted Name .
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Rhus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 46 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
R. aromatica (Fragrant Sumac) · R. aromatica var. arenaria (Fragrant Sumac) · R. aromatica var. aromatica (Fragrant Sumac) · R. aromatica var. serotina (Fragrant Sumac) · R. aromatica 'Gro-low' (Gro-Low Fragrant Sumac) · R. aromatica 'Grow-Low' (Fragrant Sumac) · R. aromatica 'Konza' (Konza Fragrant Sumac) · R. ashei (Ash's Sumac) · R. chinensis (Chinese Sumac) · R. copallina (Dwarf Sumac) · R. copallina copallina (Mountain Sumach) · R. copallina leucantha (Southern Sumac) · R. copallinum (Flameleaf Sumac) · R. copallinum var. copallinum (Flameleaf Sumac) · R. copallinum var. latifolia (Winged Sumac) · R. copallinum var. leucantha (Winged Sumac) · R. coriaria (Elm-Leaved Sumac) · R. crenata (Dune Crowberry) · R. glabra (Smooth Sumac) · R. glabra 'Laciniata' (Cutleaf Staghorn Sumac) · R. glauca (Gray-Green Taaibos) · R. hirta (Staghorn Sumac) · R. integrifolia (Lemonade Berry) · R. kearneyi (Desert Sumac) · R. lancea (African Sumac) · R. lanceolata (Prairie Sumac) · R. lentii (Pink Flowering Sumac) · R. michauxii (False Poison Sumac) · R. microphylla (Littleleaf Sumac) · R. ovata (Chapparal Sumac) · R. pendulina (River Karee) · R. pulvinata (Pulvinate Sumac) · R. sandwicensis (Neleau) · R. trichocarpa (Japanese Sumac) · R. trilobata (Aromatic Sumac) · R. trilobata var. anisophylla (Smoothleaf Skunkbush) · R. trilobata var. pilosissima (Fragrant Sumacpubescent Skunkbush Sumac) · R. trilobata var. quinata (Grand Canyon Skunkbush) · R. trilobata var. racemulosa (Summer Skunkbush) · R. trilobata var. simplicifolia (Single-Leaf Skunkbush) · R. trilobata var. trilobata (Ill-Scented Sumac) · R. typhina 'Tiger Eyes' (Staghorn Sumac) · R. virens (Evergreen Sumac) · R. virens choriophylla var. choriophylla (Evergreen Sumac) · R. virens var. choriophylla (Evergreen Sumac) · R. virens var. virens (Evergreen Sumac)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of the forest trees of the United States which usually attain a height of sixteen feet or more, with notes and brief descriptions of the more important species, illustrating the collection Prepared by Geo. Vasey, M. D. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1876. url .
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 447, p. 448.
- A guide to the trees / by Alice Lounsberry...with sixty-four coloured and one hundred and sixty-four black-and-white plates and fifty diagrams, by Mrs. Ellis Rowan...with and introduction by Dr. N. L. Britton. New York: Frederick A. Stokes Company Publishers, [c1900] url p. 235, p. 236.
- A guide to the trees by Alice Lounsberry; with sixty-four coloured and one hundred and sixty-four black-and-white plates and fifty-five diagrams by Ellis Rowan; with an introduction by N.L. Britton. Toronto: W. Briggs, c1900. url .
- A guide to the trees; with sxity-four coloured and one hundred and sixty-four black-and-white plates and fifty-five diagrams, New YorkF.A. Stokes[c1900] url p. 235, p. 236.
- A phytogeographic and taxonomic study of the southern California trees and shrubs. New York, 1910 url p. 402.
- A popular California flora, or, Manual of botany for beginners: with illustrated introductory lessons especially adapted to the Pacific coast: to which is added an analytical key to West Coast botany, containing brief descript by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Bancroft, 1887. url p. 39.
- A popular California flora: or, Manual of botany for beginners with illustrated introductory lessons, especially adapted to the Pacific Coast; to which is added an analytical key to west coast botany, containing brief descripti by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Whitaker & Ray, 1896. url p. 39.
- A popular California flora: or, manual of botany for beginners. ..: to which is added an analytical key to West Coast botany. .. / by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Bancroft, 1888. url p. 39.
- Allan Hancock Pacific expeditions. [Reports] Los Angeles, University of Southern California Press. url p. 243, p. 289, p. 291, p. 293, p. 30.
- American forest trees, by Henry H. Gibson; ed. by Hu Maxwell. Chicago: Hardwood record, 1913. url p. 14, p. 700, p. 700.
- American forest trees; edited by Hu Maxwell. ChicagoHardwood Record1913 url , p. 700.
- American forests. Washington [etc.]American Forestry Association [etc.] url p. 197.
- American plants. .. [Descriptions, bibliographical notes, synonymy, and other information, comp. from many sources] Charles Russell Orcutt, editor. San Diego, Calif., -1910. url p. 402, p. 774, p. 954.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 50, p. 51, p. 52.
- An introduction to California plant life Berkeley: University of California Press, [c1974] url p. 109.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 126.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 135.
- Bibliographical index to North American botany; or, Citations of authorities for all the recorded indigenous and naturalized species of the flora of North America, with a chronological arrangement of the synonymy. by Sereno Watson. Washington, Smithsonian Institution, 1878. url p. 183.
- Bird lore. New York City: Macmillan Co., c1899-c1940. url p. 210, p. 255.
- Bird-lore. New York, National Association of Audubon Societies. url p. 255.
- Botany. Cambridge, Mass.Welch, Bigelow, University Press, 1876-80. url p. 110, p. 110.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 13.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url , p. 136, p. 139, p. 50, p. 598, p. 63.
- Bulletin of the California Academy of Sciences. [S.l.: The Academy], 1884- url p. 393.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 6 1908-1910 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 402.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1971- url p. 165, p. 166, p. 167, p. 205, p. 7, p. 9.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 16 1889 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 310.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 24.
- Bulletin. California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco. San Francisco url p. 393.
- California art & nature San Diego url .
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 196, p. 62, p. 62.
- California garden-flowers, shrubs, trees and vines: being mainly suggestions for working amateurs / by E.J. Wickson. San Francisco: Pacific Rural Press, 1915, [c1914]. url p. 226.
- California plants in their homes; a botanical reader for children [with supplement] Illustrated by Alice C. Cooper and Mary E. Lewis. Los Angeles, Cal., B. R. Baumgardt & co.1898. url p. 64.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url , p. 14, p. 191, p. 26, p. 48, p. 96.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url p. 2008.
- Catalogue of the Hemiptera of American north of Mexico, excepting the Aphididae, Coccidae and Aleurodidae, by Edward P. Van Duzee. Berkeley, University of California press, 1917. url p. 789.
- Check list of the forest trees of the United States: their names and ranges / by George B. Sudworth. Washington, D.C.: Dept. of Agriculture, Forestry Division, 1898. url p. 122, p. 88.
- Common edible and useful plants of the West / Edited by Vinson Brown. Major illustrators: Emily Reid, Charles Yocom and Barbara Johnson. Healdsburg, Calif.: Naturegraph Co., 1962. url p. 26.
- Conservation. Washington, D.C.: American Forestry Association, 1908-1909. url p. 197.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 1 1890-1895 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 14, p. 25, p. 26, p. 27, p. 32, p. 667.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 108.
- Erythea. a journal of botany, West American and general. Berkeley, Calif., University of California, 1893-1922. url p. 136, p. 137, p. 144.
- Flora of Santa Catalina island (California) / Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 5 1923 Chicago, 1923. url p. 166, p. 22.
- Forest trees of the Pacific slope, by George B. Sudworth. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1908 url p. 7.
- Forest trees of the Pacific slope. By George B. Sudworth. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1908. url p. 385, p. 7.
- Foundations of botany, by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn & co., 1904. url p. 101.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url p. 332, p. 375, p. 497, p. 83.
- Gardeners' chronicle of America. New York: Chronicle Press, 1905-1950. url p. 125.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1992 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 1329, fig. 101, page 352, p. 362.
- Insect life / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Division of Entomology. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, url p. 121, p. 121, p. 33, p. 383, p. 390, p. 395.
- Irish gardening. Dublin: Pub. Office, 1906-1922 url p. 138.
- Journal of Hymenoptera research. 11 Washington, D.C.: International Society of Hymenopterists, [1992- url p. 203.
- Journal of entomology and zoology. Claremont, Calif., U.S.A.: Pomona College Dept. of Zoology, [1913- url p. 76.
- Journal of the New York Entomological Society. Lawrence, Kan.: Allen Press [etc.] url p. 78.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 36, p. 55, p. 66.
- Lester Rowntree: California native plant woman: Berkeley, Calif.: University of California, c1979. url p. 182, p. 342, p. 63, p. 64.
- Lichens of Southern California. Los Angeles, B.R. Baumgardt & Co., 1898. url p. 16.
- List of the Coleoptera of Southern California, with notes on habits and distribution and descriptions of new species. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences, 1901. url p. 150.
- List of the Coleoptera of southern California, with notes on habits and distribution and descriptions of new species, by H. C. Fall. San Francisco, California academy of sciences, 1901. url p. 150.
- Mammals of the Mexican boundary of the United States: a descriptive catalogue of the species of mammals occurring in that region; with a general summary of the natural history, and a list of trees / Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1907. url , , , .
- Manual of the trees of North America (exclusive of Mexico) by Charles Sprague Sargent, with seven hundred and eighty-three illustrations from drawings by Charles Edward Faxon and Mary W. Gill. Boston and New York, Houghton Mifflin company, 1922. url p. 660, p. 660, p. 664, p. 664, p. 908, p. 908.
- Memoirs of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: The Academy, 1868- url p. 189, p. 22, p. 39.
- Minimum areas for different vegetations, their determination from species-area curves. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1949. url p. 38.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 135, p. 88.
- Native woody plants of the United States, their erosion-control and wildlife values. Washington, U. S. Govt. print. off., 1938. url , , , , , p. 173, p. 229.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 126.
- North American trees (exclusive of Mexico and tropical United States) A handbook designed for field use, with plates and distribution maps. Ames, Iowa State University Press url p. 289.
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 142.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 224, p. 316, p. 77, p. 79.
- Pittonia: a series of papers relating to botany and botanists /by Edward L. Greene. 1 1887-1889 Berkeley, Calif. [etc.]: Doxey & Co. [etc.], 1887-1905. url p. 78.
- Plants for California landscapes: a catalog of drought tolerant plants. [Sacramento, Calif.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Water Resources,  url p. 71.
- Pomona College journal of entomology. Claremont, Calif., U.S.A.: Published under the patronage of Ontario-Cucamonga Citrus Association by the Dept. of Biology of Pomona College, [1909?-1912?] url p. 68.
- Practical forestry. A treatise on the propagation, planting, and cultivation, with a description, and the botanical and popular names of all the indigenous trees of the United States. By Andrew S. Fuller. New York: Orange Judd company,  url p. 297.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 358.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 116, p. 116, p. 206.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 423, p. 432.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 156, p. 243.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url , p. 348, p. 358, p. 396.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url p. 13, p. 13.
- Report of the State Entomologist on injurious and other insects of the state of New York. Albany: Weed, Parsons and Co.; University of the State of New York, 1882- url p. 88.
- Reports of observations and experiments in the practical work of the Division, made under the direction of the Entomologist. Washington, U.S. G.P.O., 1883-1894. url p. 26, p. 28.
- Selected vertebrate endangered species of the seacoast of the United States / prepared by National Fish and Wildlife Laboratory, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. [Washington]: The Service: [for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.], 1980. url p. 2.
- Synoptical flora of North America. New York, American Book Company, 1878-1895/97 [v.2, pt. 1, 1878] url p. 385.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 20, p. 85.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 858.
- The American woods: exhibited by actual specimens and with copious explanatory text / by Romeyn B. Hough. Lowville, N.Y.: Pub., and sections prepared by the author, 1910, c1888 url , , p. 15, p. 28, p. 7, p. 8.
- The Auk. Washington, D.C.: American Ornithologists' Union, etc., 1884- url p. 100.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 459.
- The California fruits and how to grow them; a manual of methods which have yielded greatest success, with the lists of varieties best adapted to the differenct districts of the state, by Edward J. Wickson. San Francisco, Pacific Rural Press, 1921. url p. 40, p. 40.
- The California horticulturist and floral magazine. San Francisco, Calif.: F.A. Miller & Co., 1870- url p. 71.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url , p. 240.
- The Channel Islands of California: a book for the angler, sportsman, and tourist / by Charles Frederick Holder. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1910. url p. 391.
- The IUCN Invertebrate Red Data Book IUCN url p. 459.
- The Kansas University quarterly. Lawrence, Kansas: The University. url p. 114.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 31 1947 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 430.
- The West American scientist. San Diego, Calif.: C.R. Orcutt, 1884-1919. url , , p. 25, p. 70.
- The broad-sclerophyll vegetation of California; an ecological study of the chaparral and its related communities. WashingtonCornegie Institution of Washington1922 url p. 117, p. 14, p. 26, p. 96, p. 97.
- The cultivated evergreens; a handbook of the coniferous and most important broad-leaved evergreens planted for ornament in the United States and Canada, edited by L. H. Bailey. London, Macmillan & co., ltd., 1923. url p. 406.
- The distribution of vegetation in the United States, as related to climatic conditions [by] Burton E. Livingston and Forrest Shreve. [Washington]Carnegie institution of Washington, 1921. url p. 48.
- The ecology of Tijuana Estuary, California: a national estuarine research reserve / by Joy B. Zedler, Christopher S. Nordby and Barbara E. Kus. [Washington, D.C.: NOAA Office of Coastal Resource Management, Sanctuaries and Reserves Division], 1992. url p. 16, p. 26, p. 62.
- The elements of forestry, designed to afford information concerning the planting and care of forest trees for ornament or profit and giving suggestions upon the creation and care of woodlands with the view of securing the grea Cincinnati, R. Clarke, 1882. url p. 297.
- The elements of forestry: designed to afford information concerning the planting and care of forest trees for ornament or profit and giving suggestions upon the creation and care of woodlands with the view of securing the grea Cincinnati: R. Clarke, 1882. url .
- The phylogenetic method in taxonomy; the North American species of Artemisia, Chrysothamnus, and Atriplex, by Harvey M. Hall and Frederic E. Clements. Washington, The Carnegie institution of Washington, 1923. url p. 254, p. 354, p. 55, p. 55.
- The principal species of wood: their characteristic properties. By Charles Henry Snow. New York: J. Wiley & Sons; [etc., etc.], [c1908], 1910. url p. 124.
- The silva of North America a description of the trees which grow naturally in North America exclusive of Mexico / by Charles Sprague Sargent; illustrated with figures and analyses drawn from nature by Charles Edward Faxon and engraved by Philibert and Eugè ne Picart. Boston;Houghton, Mifflin, 1892 url .
- The silva of North America: a description of the trees which grow naturally in North America exclusive of Mexico /by Charles Sprague Sargent. .. illustrated with figures and analyses drawn from nature by Charles Edward Faxon. .. 3 1892 Boston, New York: Houghton, Mifflin and company, 1891-1902. url , p. 10, p. 141, p. 144, p. 27, p. 28, p. 29, tab. CIX.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 2704.
- The tree book. A popular guide to a knowledge of the trees of North America and to their uses and cultivation. By Julia Ellen Rogers. With sixteen plates in colour and one hundred and sixty in black-and-white from photographs by A. Radclyffe Dugmore. Garden City, New York, Doubleday, Page, 1912. url p. 357.
- The tree book: A popular guide to a knowledge of the trees of North America and to their uses and cultivation / New York: Doubleday, Page, 1920. url p. 357.
- The tree book: a popular guide to a knowledge of the trees of North America and to their uses and cultivation / by Julia Ellen Rogers. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1905. url p. 357.
- The tree book; a popular guide to a knowledge of the trees of North America and to their uses and cultivation, Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & Company, 1913. url p. 357.
- The unity of the organism; or, The organismal conception of life, by William Emerson Ritter. .. Boston, R.G. Badger[c1919] url p. 87.
- Transactions of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 15 1969 [San Diego]: The Society, 1905-1989. url p. 269, p. 271, p. 367, p. 497, p. 52, p. 52, p. 55, p. 55, p. 79.
- Trees and shrubs of Mexico / By Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1920-1926. url p. 665, p. 667.
- Trees: the yearbook of agriculture 1949. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture: 1949. url p. 940.
- Trees: the yearbook of agriculture, 1949 / the United States Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: United States Government Printing Office, 1949 url p. 940.
- University of California publications in entomology. [Berkeley]: University of California Press, 1906- url p. 789.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 7 1954 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 520, p. 523.
- Useful wild plants of the United States and Canada, by Charles Francis Saunders. Illustrated with photographs by the author and with drawings by Lucy Hamilton Aring. New York, R. M. McBride & company, 1934. url p. 154, p. 155.
- Western flower guide, wild flowers of the Rockies and west to the Pacific, Garden City, Doubleday, Page & company, 1917. url p. 109, p. 110, p. 111, p. 282.
- With the flowers and trees in California, by Charles Francis Saunders. Illustrations of flowers in color, by Elizabeth Hallowell Saunders. New York: McBride, Nast, 1914. url p. 285.
- Zoe:a biological journal. San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 106, p. 106, p. 111, p. 20, p. 203.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal February 02, 2008:
- Berkeley Natural History Museums, University and Jepson Herbaria DiGIR provider
- Berkeley Natural History Museums, University of California Museum of Paleontology DiGIR provider
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- The New York Botanical Garden, Vascular Plant Type Specimens
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2652272
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-28783
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2481187
- GRIN Nomen Number: 406649
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 28783
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 70615-1
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: RHIN2
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 56717