Polygamous or dioecious trees
, usually sapiferous; sap
often irritant. Leaves compound
. Flowers small, greenish, in axillary
panicles. Calyx persistent
, 4-6-lobed; lobes
imbricate. Petals 4-6, spreading
. Disk present. Stamens as many as or twice the number of petals; anthers
, imperfect in the female flowers. Ovary unilocular
; styles 3, usually free
. Drupe small and dry.
Commonly known as sumacs. A genus of 250 species occurring in the warm temperate and subtropical regions of both the hemispheres. Represented in Pakistan by 7 species, 4 of which are native .
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Cotinus cotinus Sarg.
Publishing author : Torr. & A.Gray Publication : Fl. N. Amer. (Torr. & A. Gray) 1: 216 1838 [Oct 1838]
Members of the genus Rhus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 46 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
R. aromatica (Fragrant Sumac) · R. aromatica var. arenaria (Fragrant Sumac) · R. aromatica var. aromatica (Fragrant Sumac) · R. aromatica var. serotina (Fragrant Sumac) · R. aromatica 'Gro-low' (Gro-Low Fragrant Sumac) · R. aromatica 'Grow-Low' (Fragrant Sumac) · R. aromatica 'Konza' (Konza Fragrant Sumac) · R. ashei (Ash's Sumac) · R. chinensis (Chinese Sumac) · R. copallina (Dwarf Sumac) · R. copallina copallina (Mountain Sumach) · R. copallina leucantha (Southern Sumac) · R. copallinum (Flameleaf Sumac) · R. copallinum var. copallinum (Flameleaf Sumac) · R. copallinum var. latifolia (Winged Sumac) · R. copallinum var. leucantha (Winged Sumac) · R. coriaria (Elm-Leaved Sumac) · R. crenata (Dune Crowberry) · R. glabra (Smooth Sumac) · R. glabra 'Laciniata' (Cutleaf Staghorn Sumac) · R. glauca (Gray-Green Taaibos) · R. hirta (Staghorn Sumac) · R. integrifolia (Lemonade Berry) · R. kearneyi (Desert Sumac) · R. lancea (African Sumac) · R. lanceolata (Prairie Sumac) · R. lentii (Pink Flowering Sumac) · R. michauxii (False Poison Sumac) · R. microphylla (Littleleaf Sumac) · R. ovata (Chapparal Sumac) · R. pendulina (River Karee) · R. pulvinata (Pulvinate Sumac) · R. sandwicensis (Neleau) · R. trichocarpa (Japanese Sumac) · R. trilobata (Aromatic Sumac) · R. trilobata var. anisophylla (Smoothleaf Skunkbush) · R. trilobata var. pilosissima (Fragrant Sumacpubescent Skunkbush Sumac) · R. trilobata var. quinata (Grand Canyon Skunkbush) · R. trilobata var. racemulosa (Summer Skunkbush) · R. trilobata var. simplicifolia (Single-Leaf Skunkbush) · R. trilobata var. trilobata (Ill-Scented Sumac) · R. typhina 'Tiger Eyes' (Staghorn Sumac) · R. virens (Evergreen Sumac) · R. virens choriophylla var. choriophylla (Evergreen Sumac) · R. virens var. choriophylla (Evergreen Sumac) · R. virens var. virens (Evergreen Sumac)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Brief compend of American agriculture, by R.L. Allen. New York, C.M. Saxton, 1847. url p. 214.
- A brief compend of American agriculture. New York, Saxton & Miles, 1846. url p. 214.
- A catalogue of the plants found in New Bedford and its vicinity: arranged according to the season of their flowering / by E.W. Hervey. New Bedford, Mass.: Press of E. Anthony, 1860. url p. 14.
- A complete dictionary of practical gardening: comprehending all the modern improvements in the art; whether in the raising of the various esculent vegetables, or in the forcing and managing of different sorts of fruits and plants, and that of lay By Alexander McDonald [pseud.] London, 1807. url .
- A first report on the relations between climates and crops. By Cleveland Abbe. Washington [D.C.]: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 207, p. 228.
- A garden of pleasure, by E.V.B. London, E. Stock, 1895. url p. 142.
- A history of the vegetable kingdom: embracing the whole physiology of plants with their uses to man and the lower animals, and their application in the arts, manufactures, and domestic economy. LondonBlackie1866 url p. x.
- A history of the vegetable kingdom; embracing the physiology of plants, with their uses to man and the lower animals, and their application in the arts, manufactures, and domestic economy. Illus. by several hundred figures. London, Blackie and Son, 1855. url .
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 360.
- A natural history of the British butterflies; their world-wide variation and geographical distribution. A text-book for students and collectors. London: E. Stock, [19--?] url p. 167.
- A partial list of plants available for various uses in general landscape planting, comp. by Albert D. Taylor. Cleveland, A.D. Taylor, c1916 url p. 19, p. 19, p. 28, p. 28.
- A practical guide to garden plants, containing descriptions of the hardiest and most beautiful annuals and biennials, hardy herbaceous and bulbous perennials, hardy water and bog plants, flowering and ornamental trees and shrubs, conife London;Longmans, Green, 1901. url p. 103.
- A practical handbook of trees, shrubs, vines and herbaceous perennials, by John Kirkegaard. Boston, Williams Bookstores Co., 1916. url p. 132.
- A short treatise on horticulture: embracing descriptions of a great variety of fruit and ornamental trees and shrubs, grape vines, bulbous flowers, greenhouse trees and plants, &., nearly all of which are at present comprised in the c By William Prince. New-York, Printed by T. and J.Swords, 1828. url p. 114.
- A supplement to the Pharmacopia, and treatise on pharmacology in general: including not only the drugs and preparations used by practitioners of medicine, but also most of those employed in the chemical arts: together with a collection of the most useful medical formulæ. . by Samuel Frederic Gray. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1836. url p. 100.
- A systematic treatise on comparative physiology, introductory to the physiology of man / London: Published by John Churchill and Thos. Kaye, 1834. url p. 168.
- A treatise on the cultivation of ornamental flowers: comprising remarks on the requisite soil, sowing, transplanting, and general management: with directions for the general treatment of bulbous flower roots, green house plants, &c. By Roland Green. Boston, Press of I. R. Butts & Co., 1828. url p. 43.
- A university text-book of botany. New York, Macmillan, 1910. url p. 435, p. 573.
- Agronomy; a course in practical gardening for high schools, by Willard Nelson Clute. .. Boston, Ginn and Company, [c1913] url p. 287.
- American forestry. Washington, D.C.: American Forestry Association, 1910-1923. url p. 571.
- American forests. Washington [etc.]American Forestry Association [etc.] url p. 571, p. 654.
- American fossil cycads / by G.R. Wieland. Washington: Carnegie Institution, 1906-1916. url p. 161.
- American horticultural manual. New York, Wiley, 1914. url p. 360.
- American horticultural manual... By J.L. Budd...assisted by N.E. Hansen...Illustrated... New York: J. Wiley & sons; [etc., etc.], 1902-1903. url p. 360.
- American medicinal plants; an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry and physiological effects. By Charles F. Millspaugh. 1887 New York, Boericke & Tafel, c1887. url page 36- 1.
- American medicinal plants;: an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry, and physiological effects. / By Charles F. Millspaugh, . ..; Illustrated by the author. New York; Boericke & Tafel., c1887. url .
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Ross, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828. url p. 980.
- An encyclopædia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1827. url p. 896, p. 980.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 1432, p. 498.
- An index to the scientific contents of the Journal and Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia [1817-1910] Published in commemoration of the centenary of the academy, March 21, PhiladelphiaAcademy of Natural Sciences url p. 123.
- An introduction to the chemistry of plant products by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green, 1928-1929. url p. 334.
- An outline of plant geography, by Douglas Houghton Campbell. New York, The Macmillan company, 1926. url p. 388, p. 389, p. 49.
- Andorra hand-book [of trees and shrubs] Philadelphia url p. 90, p. 93.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 11 1893 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 118.
- Annual report of the Hatch Experiment Station of the Massachusetts Agricultural College. [S.l.: s.n.], 1889-1906 url p. 10.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 109, p. 22, p. 30.
- Annual report. United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories. 1st-12th, 1867-1878. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1867-83. url p. 364.
- Archivos. Rio de JaneiroImprensa Nacional url p. 28.
- Around the year in the garden, a seasonable guide and reminder for work with vegetables, fruits, and flowers, and under glass, New York, The Macmillan company, 1917. url .
- Autikon botanikon. Icones plantarum select. nov. vel rariorum, plerumque americana, interdum african. europ. asiat. oceanic. [etc.] centur. XXV. - Botanical illustrations by select specimens of self-figures in 25 centur By C.S. Rafinesque. .. Phildelphia, Collected, ascertained and described between 1815 [and] 1840. url p. 82.
- Autikon botanikon: or botanical illustrations of 2500. New, rare or beautiful Trees, Shrubs, Plants, Vines, Lilies, Grasses, Ferns... / by Prof. C.S. Rafinesque. Philadelphia, 1815-1840. url p. 82.
- Beautiful home surroundings. Framingham, Mass., Framingham nurseries, c1918 url p. 26.
- Biltmore Nursery, Biltmorse, N.C. [North Carolina?: The Nursery?], c1912 url p. 39.
- Bird-lore. New York, National Association of Audubon Societies. url p. 448, p. 448.
- Book of fruits, being a descriptive catalogue of the most valuable varieties of the pear, apple, peach, plum & cherry, for New-England culture. Salem, Ives & Jewett, 1838. url p. 113, p. 113.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 183.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 94.
- Botany for ladies; or, A popular introduction to the natural system of plants, according to the classification of De Candolle. By Mrs. Loudon. London, J. Murray, 1842. url p. 349.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 137, p. 159, p. 39, p. 50.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 85.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 3.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 60.
- Bulletin. Salem, Mass. url p. 77.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 129, p. 135, p. 91.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , .
- Calcutta journal of natural history, and miscellany of the arts and sciences in India. Calcutta, Bishop's College Press. url p. 135.
- Canadian fruit, flower and kitchen gardener. .. Toronto, James Campbell & Son, 1872. url .
- Canadian fruit, flower, and kitchen gardener a guide in all matters relating to the cultivation of fruits, flowers and vegetables and their value for cultivation in this climate / by D. W. Beadle. Toronto: J. Campbell, 1872. url .
- Catalogue of Lepidoptera Phalaenae in the British Museum. Supplement. LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees1914-20 url p. 48.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 210, p. 369, p. 370.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 210, p. 370.
- Chambers's information for the people; edited by William and Robert Chambers. London, Chambers, 1884. url p. 343.
- Chronological history of plants: man's record of his own existence illustrated through their names, uses, and companionship. Boston, Little, Brown & company, 1879. url .
- Coloring matters for foodstuffs and methods for their detection. . .. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1905 url p. 10.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 23 1920-1926 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p.
- Contributions to horticultural literature; being a selection of articles written for gardening periodicals, and papers read before various societies, from 1843 to 1892. By William Paul. Waltham Cross, Herts: W. Paul & Son, 1892. url p. 237, p. 240.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 408.
- Dictionary of arts, manufactures, and mines containing a clear exposition of their principles and practice by Robert Hunt, assisted by F.W. Rudler. London, Longmans, 1875-78. url p. 527.
- Edinburgh encyclopaedia, conducted by David Brewster. .. with the assistance of gentlemen eminent in science and literature. Edinburgh, Blackwood, 1830. url p. 283, p. 693.
- English cyclopaedia, a new dictionary of universal knowledge, conducted by Charles Knight. London, Bradbury, 1854-61. url .
- Essay on the trees and shrubs of the ancients: being the substance of four lectures delivered before the University of Oxford, intended to be supplementary to those on Roman husbandry, already published. By C. Daubeny. .. Oxford and London: J. H. & J. Parker, 1865. url p. 79.
- Eversley gardens and others, by Rose G. Kingsley. .. With 18 illustrations. London, G. Allen, 1907. url p. 279.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url , p. 548, p. 698.
- Fifth report of the United States Entomological Commission, being a revised and enlarged edition of Bulletin no. 7, on insects injurious to forest and shade trees. By Alpheus S. Packard. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1890. url p. 951.
- Flora Peoriana; the vegetation in the climate of middle Illinois. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & Sons, 1887. url , p. 41.
- Flora's dictionary / by a lady. Baltimore: Published by Fielding Lucas Jr., 1832. url , .
- Florigraphia Britannica; or, Engravings and descriptions of the flowering plants & ferns of Britain. London, R. Groombridge, 1841-48. url .
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url p. 896.
- Flower gardening, by H. S. Adams. New York, McBride, Nast & Company, 1913. url p. 172.
- Flowering trees & shrubs. LondonA.L. Humphreys1905 url , p. 121.
- Forest products, their manufacture and use: embracing the principal commercial features in the production, manufacture, and utilization of the most important forest products other than lumber, in the United States / New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1919. url .
- Forestry quarterly. Ithaca N.Y. [etc.] url p. 175.
- Forestry quarterly. Ithaca, N.Y. [etc.] url p. 175.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url p. 147.
- Garden colour: Spring, by Mrs. C. W. Earle; Summer, by E. V. B.; Autumn, by Rose Kingsley; Winter, by the Hon. Vicary Gibbs; etc., etc. Notes & water color sketches by Margaret Waterfield. 1905 London, E. P. Dutton & company, 1905. url p. 193, p. 195.
- Gardeners' chronicle of America. New York: Chronicle Press, 1905-1950. url , p. 252, p. 286.
- Gardening. Chicago, the Gardening Co., 1892-1925. url p. 146, p. 212, p. 373.
- Gardens past & present. By K.L. Davidson. .. Illustrated from photographs by F. Mason Good. London, T.W. Laurie url p. 230.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 307.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url .
- Handbook of plants. New York: P. Henderson, 1881. url p. 189.
- Hardy ornamental flowering trees and shrubs. London, Smith, Elder, 1908. url .
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url , , , , .
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, by Helen R. Albee; illustrated from photographs. New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url , , , , , p. 69, p. 81.
- Harmsworth's Universal encyclopedia, written by the leading authorities in every branch of knowledge and edited by J.A. Hammerton. London, Educational Bk. Co.[n.d.] url p. 3387.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 255, p. 494.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants. By Peter Henderson. New York: P. Henderson & Co., 1881. url p. 189.
- Horticultural register, and gardener's magazine. Boston, G. D. Barrett [etc.] url p. 229, p. 230.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url p. 228.
- How to plan the home grounds, by S. Parsons, jr.... With illustrations drawn by W. E. Spader... New York, Doubleday & McClure co., 1899. url p. 200, p. 200.
- How to plan the home grounds; New York:Doubleday & McClure Co., 1899. url .
- Iconographic encyclopaedia of science, literature, and art. systematically arranged by J.G. Heck. Translated from the German, with additions, and edited by Spencer F. Baird. .. illustrated by five hundred steel plates, containing upwards to twelve thousand en New York, R. Garrigue, 1851. url p. 170, p. 6.
- In a Gloucestershire garden. London, E. Arnold, 1896. url p. 82.
- In my lady's garden / By Mrs. Richmond. London: T.F. Unwin, 1908. url p. 416.
- In my vicarage garden and elsewhere, London, J. Lane, 1902. url , .
- Injurious and beneficial insects of California. / By E. O. Essig. Sacramento, California state printing office, 1915 url p. 73.
- Insects affecting park and woodland trees / by Ephraim Porter Felt. Albany: New York State Education Dept., 1905-1906. url p. 220.
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 1459.
- Journal of Indian botany. Madras: Methodist Pub. House, 1919-1923. url p. 130.
- Journal of forestry. Washington: Society of American Foresters, 1917- url p. 844.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 84.
- Kulturpflanzen und Hausthiere in ihrem Übergang aus Asien nach Griechenland und Italien sowie in das übrige Europa; historisch-linguistische Skizzen von Victor Hehn. Berlin, Gebrüder Borntraeger, 1902. url p. 409.
- Laboratory technique in biology and medicine. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1952. url p. 136.
- Landscape gardening as applied to home decoration / by Samuel T. Maynard. London: Chapman & HaLL, 1912, c1899. url p. 199.
- Landscape gardening. A collection of plans illustrating the improvement of home grounds, town lots, real estate subdivisions, public squares, cemeteries, with copious explanations. By Elias A. Long. Buffalo, Popular Gardening Pub. Co., 1891 url .
- Landscape gardening. New York [etc.]G. P. Putnam's sons, 1891. url p. 327.
- Landscape gardening. Notes and suggestions on lawns and lawn planting--laying out and arrangement of country places, large and small parks, cemetery plots, and railway-station lawns--deciduous and evergreen trees and shru New York, G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1891. url , .
- Loudon's encyclopaedia of plants; comprising the specific character, description, culture, history, application in the arts, and every other desirable particular respecting all the plants indigenous to, cultivated in, or introduced in Edited by Mrs. Loudon, assisted by George Don and David Wooster. London, Longmans, Green, 1866. url p. 365.
- Magazine of zoology and botany. Edinburgh; Dublin. url p. 585.
- Making the grounds attractive with shrubbery, New York, McBride, Nast & company, 1912. url p. 50.
- Mammals of the Soviet Union / V.G. Heptner, A.A. Nasimovich, and A.G. Bannikov; scientific editor, Robert S. Hoffmann. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1988- url p. 200.
- Manures for fruit and other trees, a practical handbook for the gardener, horticulturist and student. London, Robert Sutton, 1908. url .
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url p. 134.
- Meehan's monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany, and kindred subjects. Phila., PA: T. Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url , , .
- Meehans' monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany and kindred subjects / conducted by Thomas Meehan. Philadelphia: Thomas Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url , p. 60.
- Memoirs relating to European and Asiatic Turkey and other countries of the East: edited from manuscript journals / London: Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown. .., 1818. url p. 148.
- Miscellaneous tracts relating to natural history, husbandry, and physick. To which is added The calendar of flora. London: R. and J. Dodsley, S. Baker, and T. Payne, 1762. url p. 327.
- Monthly lectures delivered at School of Horticulture by various specialists during 1892-1893. Melbourne: Dept. of Agriculture, Victoria,  url .
- My garden, by Louise Beebe Wilder. .. illustrated by Will Simmons. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & company, [c1916] url p. 275, p. 275.
- My garden, its plan and culture together with a general description of its geology, botany, and natural history, by Alfred Smee. .. Illustrated with one thousand two hundred and fifty engravings. London, Bell and Daldy, 1872. url p. 443.
- Natural history of Selborne & observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. New York, Appleton, 1895. url p. 229.
- Natural history of Selborne, and observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. Toronto: Musson Book Co., 1904. url p. 229.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url , p. 292, p. 311, p. 367, p. 93.
- Old-fashioned gardening; a history and a reconstruction, New York, McBride, Nast & company, 1913. url .
- Ornamental shrubs for garden, lawn, and park planting, with an account of the origin, capabilities, and adaptations of the numerous species and varieties, native and foreign, and especially of London, G. P. Putnam's sons, 1899. url .
- Our trees. A popular account of the trees in the streets and gardens of Salem, and of the native trees of Essex County, Massachusetts, with the location of trees, and historical and botanical notes. Salem, Printed by N. A. Horton and Son, 1891. url , .
- Pamphlets on forestry in Nebraska. [1900?- url p. 34.
- Parks: a manual of municipal and county parks compiled as a result of a nation-wide study of municipal and county parks conducted by the Playground and Recreation Association of America, in co-operation with edited by L.H. Weir. New York: A.S. Barnes & Co., 1928. url p. 681, p. 688, p. 689, p. 690, p. 691.
- Philosophical notes on botanical subjects. London, Eyre and Spottiswoode, 1892. url .
- Plain and pleasant talk about fruits, flowers, and farming by Henry Ward Beecher New York: A.O. Moore, 1859 url p. 146.
- Plant culture; a working hand-book of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, by George W. Oliver. New York, A. T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Co., c1912. url , , p. 260, p. 260, p. 261, p. 308, p. 310, p. 312.
- Plant culture; a working handbook of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse. New York, A. T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Co., 1900. url p. 166, p. 193.
- Plantae Wilsonianae; an enumeration of the woody plants collected in western China for the Arnold arboretum of Harvard university during the years 1907, 1908, and 1910, by E. H. Wilson, ed. by Charles Sprague Sargent. Cambridge, University Press, 1913-17. url p. 642.
- Pleasant talk about fruits, flowers and farming. By Henry Ward Beecher. New York, J.B. Ford and Co., 1874. url p. 224.
- Popular gardening and fruit growing; An illustrated periodical devoted to horticulture in all its branches. Buffalo, New York;Popular gardening publishing company. url , p. 147, p. 73.
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 507.
- Pot-pourri from a Surrey garden, by Mrs. C. W. Earle. With an appendix by Lady Constance Lytton. New York, E. P. Dutton, 1898. url p. 118, p. 378, p. 378.
- Practical foresty; a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament. LondonW. Rider[pref.1917] url p. 134.
- Practical organic and bio-chemistry, by R. H. A. Plimmer. London, New York, Bombay, Calcutta, Madras, Longmans, Green & co., 1918. url p. 339.
- Practical plant propagation; an exposition of the art and science of increasing plants as practiced by the nurseryman, florist and gardener, by Alfred C. Hottes. New York, A. T. De La Mare company, inc., 1922. url p. 213.
- Prehistoric Europe: a geological sketch / London: Edward Stanford, 1881. url p. 49, p. 586.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 29.
- Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, Mathematical and physical sciences. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society. url p. 147, p. 148, p. 163.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 369.
- Proceedings. Royal Society of London. v. 1-75; 1800-1904. London url p. 225, p. 402.
- Rafinesque, C. S. Autikon botanikon: or botanical illustrations of 2500. New, rare or beautiful Trees, Shrubs, Plants, Vines, Lilies, Grasses, Ferns... /by Prof. C.S. Rafinesque. 1815-1840 Philadelphia, 1815-1840. url p. 82.
- Report of the United States Entomological Commission. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1878-90. url p. 951.
- Report of the United States Geological Survey of the territories. F.V. Hayden, United States geologist in charge. .. [Final reports or monographs. vol. I]-III, V-XIII. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1873-90. url p. 127.
- Report on the culture of sumac in Sicily, and its preparation for market in Europe and the United States. Prepared. .. by Wm. McMurtrie, PH. D. Washington, Govt. prin. off., 1880. url , p. 15, p. 28.
- Report on the forests of North America (exclusive of Mexico) / by Charles S. Sargent. Washington [D.C.]: G.P.O., 1884. url p. 605.
- Reports of the Director. .. / Experimental Farms. Ottawa: Experimental Farms, 1888-1916. url p. 116, p. 295, p. 307, p. 58.
- Residential sites and environments; their conveniences, gardens, parks, planting, etc. New York, A.T. Delamare Print. and Pub. Co., 1898. url p. 27.
- Riviera nature notes / a popular account of the more striking plants and animals of the Riviera and the Maritime Alps. London: Bernard Quaritch, 1903. url p. 196.
- Rural economy, in its relations with chemistry, physics, and meteorology: or, Chemistry applied to agriculture / by J.B. Boussingault; translated with an introduction and notes, by George Law. New York: C.M. Saxton, Barker, 1860. url p. 114.
- Sargent, C. S. Plantae Wilsonianae: an enumeration of the woody plants collected in western China for the Arnold arboretum of Harvard university during the years 1907, 1908, and 1910 /by E. H. Wilson, ed. by Charles Sprague Sargent. 3 1917 Cambridge: The University press, 1913-17. url p. 642, p. 653.
- Science on the march. Buffalo, N.Y.Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences url p. 13.
- Secrets of ornamental planting, comprising "Landscaping simplified, hardy ornamental shrubs and trees", and "The rose garden." Chicago, The Commonwealth Press, c1916 url p. 22.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 21, p. 23.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: C. Troedel and Co., 1891. url p. 556.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 286.
- Some constituents of the poison ivy plant (Rhus toxicodendron) [by] William Anderson Syme. Baltimore, The Sun Job Printing Office, 1906. url p. 29.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 470.
- Stout manual training school; a handbook for planning and planting small home grounds. .. with a list of native and commonly cultivated plants that are represented in the collection upon the Stout manual training school grounds. Menomonie, Wis., Stout manual training school, 1899. url p. 28, p. 62, p. 74.
- Structural and systematic botany: being an arrangement of plants, forming a basis for the study of botany, either on the Linnaean or natural systems. London, C. Griffin[pref. 1855] url p. 54.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 493.
- Sylvan sketches; or, A companion to the park and the shrubbery: with illustrations from the works of the poets. By the author of the Flora domestica... London: Whittaker, Treacher and co., 1831. url p. 355.
- Technical mycology, the utilization of micro-organisms in the arts and manufactures, with an introduction by E.C. Hansen, tr. by Charles T.C. Salter. London, Griffin, 1910- url p. 309.
- Technical mycology; the utilization of micro-organisms in the arts and manufactures. A practical handbook on fermentation and fermentative processes, for the use of brewers and distillers, analysts, technical and agricultural chemists, pharmacists, and all interested in the industries London: C. Griffin, 1910-1911. url p. 309.
- The American farm book or compend of American agriculture; being a practical treatise on soils, manures, draining, irrigation, grasses, grain, roots, fruits. .. by R. L. Allen N. Y.C. M. Saxon1850 url p. 234.
- The American farmer's hand-book. .. By an association of practical agriculturists. New York, R. Worthington, 1880. url p. 174.
- The American farmer. A hand-book of agriculture for the farm and garden. .. New York, C. W. Carleton & co., 1880. url p. 174.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 1184, p. 1208, p. 804, p. 958.
- The American gardener's assistant in three parts containing complete practical directions for the cultivation of vegetables, flowers, fruit trees and grape vines / by Thomas Bridgeman Philadelphia: H. T. Coates, [c1866] url p. 47, p. 47.
- The American gardener's assistant. In three parts. Containing complete practical directions for the cultivation of vegetables, flowers, fruit trees, and grape-vines. By Thomas Bridgeman. New York, W. Wood & Co., 1867. url p. 47.
- The American gardener's calendar; adapted to the climate and seasons of the United States. By Bernard M'Mahon. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott, 1857. url p. 85.
- The American handbook of ornamental trees By Thomas Meehan Philadelphia, Lippincott, Grambo, and co., 1853 url p. 249, p. 249.
- The American home garden. New York, Harper & brothers, 1860. url p. 478.
- The American home garden: being principles and rules for the culture of vegetables, fruits, flowers, and shrubbery, to which are added brief notes on farm crops, with a table of their average product and chemical constituents New York: Harper & Brothers, 1859. url p. 478.
- The American journal of science. 12(2) 1851 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 295.
- The Book of gardening; a handbook of horticulture. London, C. Scribner's Sons, 1900. url .
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 455, p. 524, p. 660.
- The British cyclopædia of natural history: combining a scientific classification of animals, plants, and minerals. .. By authors eminent in their particular department. Arranged and ed. by Charles F. Partington. London: Orr & Smith, 1835-37. url p. 717.
- The California horticulturist and floral magazine. San Francisco, Calif.: F.A. Miller & Co., 1870- url p. 136.
- The Canadian horticulturist [monthly] St. Catharines, E.S. Leavenworth. url p. 169, p. 224, p. 285, p. 451.
- The Canadian horticulturist. St. Catherines [Ont.]: Fruit Growers' Association of Ontario url p. 451.
- The Canadian journal of science, literature and history. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1868-1878. url p. 471.
- The Cottage gardener. [London: W.S. Orr, url p. 312, p. 403.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement shown by existing examples of gardens in Great Britain and Ireland, followed by a description of the plants, shrubs, and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. London: J. Murray, 1911. url p. 807.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 272.
- The Floral world and garden guide. London, Groombridge and Sons, 1858-1880. url , p. 184, p. 189, p. 293, p. 301.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url , p. 1196, p. 248, p. 253, p. 318, p. 338, p. 355, p. 515, p. 541, p. 576, p. 615, p. 645, p. 681, p. 703.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , , , p. 108, p. 183, p. 248, p. 321, p. 606, p. 632, p. 78.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url , , p. 230, p. 262, p. 368, p. 53, p. 70, p. 70.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1096, p. 631, p. 882.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 104, p. 123, p. 128, p. 151, p. 166, p. 172, p. 178, p. 185, p. 186, p. 208, p. 220, p. 247, p. 252, p. 280, p. 294, p. 325, p. 325, p. 339, p. 350, p. 360, p. 363, p. 366, p. 372, p. 392, p. 40, p. 413, p. 414, p. 423, p. 435, p. 455, p. 478, p. 481, p. 488, p. 500, p. 501, p. 51, p. 536, p. 564, p. 57, p. 595, p. 596, p. 609, p. 620, p. 648, p. 698, p. 698, p. 725, p. 728, p. 777, p. 791, p. 80.
- The Genesee farmer. Rochester, N.Y.: [L. Tucker], 1831- url p. 195, p. 236, p. 267.
- The Horticulturist and journal of rural art and rural taste. Albany, N.Y.: Luther Tucker, 1846-1875. url , p. 104, p. 126, p. 147, p. 191, p. 239, p. 246, p. 354, p. 405, p. 485, p. 529.
- The Illustrated annual register of rural affairs and cultivator almanac for the year. .. Albany, N.Y.: Luther Tucker, 1855-1881. url p. 165.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 14, p. 142, p. 243, p. 243, p. 250, p. 458, p. 487, p. 7, p. 80, p. 83.
- The Macrolepidoptera of the world; a systematic description of the hitherto known Macrolepidoptera, ed. in collaboration with well-known specialists. Stuttgart: Seitz'schen (Kernen), 1906- url p. 287.
- The Magazine of horticulture, botany, and all useful discoveries and improvements in rural affairs. Boston: Hovey and Co., 1837- url p. 275.
- The New England Farmer: containing essays, original and selected, relating to agriculture and domestic economy, with engravings and the prices of country produce. Boston: Published by William Nichols, 1823- url p. 84.
- The New England farmer. Boston: Thomas W. Shepard, 1822-1835. url p. 84.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 114, p. 114.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 855.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url .
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 507.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 217.
- The San Jose or Chinese scale. Washington, Gov't print. off., 1906. url p. 39, p. 88.
- The San José scale (Aspidiotus perniciosus, Comst.) and methods of treatment. A. E. Stene. Joint bulletin of the State board of agriculture and Extension department of the Rhode Island college of agriculture and mechanic arts. 1908. Providence, 1908 url p. 28.
- The San José scale and methods of controlling it / [New Haven]: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1909. url p. 12.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 5 1910 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 171, p. 171, p. 171.
- The art of beautifying suburban home grounds of small extent. Illustrated by upward of two hundred plates and engravings of plans for residences and their grounds, of trees and shrubs, and garden embellishments; with descriptions of the beautiful and hardy trees By Frank J. Scott. New York, John B. Alden, 1886. url p. 603, p. 615.
- The chemical synthesis of vital products and the interrelations between organic compounds / By Raphael Meldola. London: E. Arnold, 1904. url p. 159, p. 275.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 135, p. 135, p. 155, p. 155, p. 329, p. 329.
- The complete home landscape, by Arthur J. Jennings, in collaboration with Leonard H. Johnson. New York, A. T. De La Mare, 1924. url p. 123, p. 142, p. 150.
- The complete illustrated book of garden magic. Chicago, J.G. Ferguson Pub. Co. url p. 69, p. 71.
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 239, p. 440.
- The dictionary of science and technical terms used in philosophy, literature, professions, commerce, arts, and trades / by W.M. Buchanan; with supplement edited by James A. Smith. London: G.Bell and Sons, 1884. url p. 692.
- The early days of Marlborough college; or, Public school life between forty and fifty years ago. To which is added A glimpse of old Haileybury; Patna during the mutiny; A sketch of the natural history of the Riviera; and, Life in an Oxford By Edward Lockwood. London: Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1893. url p. 233.
- The farmer's dictionary: a vocabulary of the technical terms recently introduced into agriculture and horticulture from various sciences, and also a compendium of practical farming, the latter chiefly from the works of the Re edited by D. P. Gardner. New York: Harper, 1846. url p. 313.
- The fisheries of the Adriatic and the fish thereof. A report of the Austro-Hungarian Sea-Fisheries, with a detailed description of the marine fauna of the Adriatic Gulf. By G.L. Faber. .. With eighteen woodcut illustrations after drawings by Leo Littrow, and numerous engravings on stone. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url p. 104.
- The florist's guide, New York, For sale by the author; Boston, J. Breck & co.; [etc., etc.]1844. url p. 43.
- The florist's guide; containing practical directions for the cultivation of annual, biennial, and perennial flowering plants, of different classes, herbaceous and shrubby, bulbous, fibrous, and tuberous-rooted; including By T. Bridgeman. New York: Printed by A. Hanford, 1847. url p. 43.
- The florists' manual / by William Scott; a reference book for commercial florists. Chicago: Florists' Publishing Co., 1899. url p. 124.
- The florists' manual, Chicago, Florists' publishing company, 1899. url p. 124.
- The florists' manual, by William Scott. A reference book for commercial florists. Chicago, Florists' publishing company, 1906. url p. 130.
- The flower garden; or, Breck's book of flowers; in which are described all the various hardy herbaceous perennials, annuals, shrubby plants, and evergreen trees, desirable for ornamental purposes, with directions for t by Joseph Breck. New York: A. O. Moore, 1859. url p. 262.
- The flower-garden: or, Breck's book of flowers; in which are described all the various hardy herbaceous perennials, annuals, shrubby plants, and evergreen trees, desirable for ornamental purposes, with directions for th by Joseph Breck. Boston: J. P. Jewett & company, 1851. url p. 262.
- The garden... London, 1872- url p. 632.
- The gardener's companion. With an introduction by Lady Alwyne Compton. London: Mills & Boon,  url p. 155, p. 28.
- The journal of the Horticultural Society of London. London, [England]: Published for the Society, by Longman and Co., 1846-1855. url p. 244.
- The natural history & antiquities of Selborne in the county of Southampton, by Gilbert White, with illustrations in colour by George Edward Collins... London: Macmillan and co., limited, 1911. url p. 401.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne, in the county of Southampton / by the Rev. Gilbert White London: Swan Sonnenschein, 1888 url .
- The natural history of Pliny. Tr., with copious notes and illustrations, by the late John Bostock and H. T. Riley. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 204, p. 371.
- The natural history of Selborne: with a naturalist's calendar and additional observations. / by Gilbert White; with a preface by Richard Jefferies. London: W. Scott, 1887. url p. 301.
- The natural history of Selborne; with A naturalist's calendar & additional observations; with a pref. by Richard Jefferies. London: Scott, 1887. url p. 303.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 124.
- The new American gardener, containing practical directions on the culture of fruits and vegetables; including landscape and ornamental gardening, grape-vines, silk, strawberries, &c. &c. Boston: Otis, Broaders, 1847. url p. 128.
- The new American orchardist; or, An account of the most valuable varieties of fruit, of all climates, adapted to cultivation in the United States, with their history, modes of culture, management, uses, &c., and the culture of s Boston, Russell, Odiorne, and Metcalf, 1835. url p. 386.
- The practical flower garden, by Helena Rutherfurd Ely. .. with illustrations made from photographs taken in the author's garden, and in the "Connecticut garden." London, The Macmillan company, 1911. url p. 205.
- The principles of botany, as exemplified in the phanerogamia. Philadelphia: King & Baird, 1854. url .
- The principles of botany: as exemplified in the phanerogamia / by Harland Coultas. Philadelphia: King & Baird, printers, 1854. url p. 24.
- The tineina of southern Europe. By H. T. Stainton. .. London, J. Van Voorst, 1869. url p. 358.
- The trees of America: native and foreign, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described...illustrated by numerous engravings. By D. J. Browne. New York: Harper & brothers, 1851. url p. 181, p. 182.
- The trees of America; native and foreign, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described, illustrated by numerous engravings. By D. J. Browne. New York, Harper & brothers, 1857. url p. 181, p. 182.
- The woods and by-ways of New England. Boston, J. R. Osgood and company, 1872. url p. 441.
- The year-book of agriculture: or The annual of agricultural progress and discovery for 1855 and 1856. Exhibiting the most important discoveries and improvements in agricultural mechanics, agricultural chemistry, agricultural and h by David A. Wells. Philadelphia: Childs & Peterson, 1856. url p. 258.
- The young gardener's assistant: containing a catalogue of garden & flower seeds, with practical directions under each head for the cultivation of culinary vegetables and flowers; also directions for cultivating fruit trees, the gra by T. Bridgeman. New York: [s.n.], 1840 url p. 159.
- The young gardener's assistant; containing a catalogue of garden & flower seeds, with practical directions under each head, for the cultivation of culinary vegetables and flowers, also directions for cultivating fruit trees, the gra New York, For sale by T. Bridgeman [etc.]1840. url p. 159.
- Transactions of the American Institute of the City of New-York. [S.l.: s.n.], 1852- url p. 60.
- Transactions of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society. [S.l.: s.n.], 1843-1920. url p. 102, p. 169, p. 355.
- Transactions of the Royal Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: Douglas & Foulis, 1888-1926. url p. 144, p. 4.
- Trees & shrubs for English gardens. [London]"Country life", 1908. url p. 365.
- Trees and shrubs of Central Park, New York, Manhattan press[c1903] url , , .
- Trees and shrubs of Central Park, by Louis Harman Peet. New York, Manhattan press, [c1903] url p. 254, p. 298, p. 298, p. 57, p. 57.
- Trees and shrubs of Mexico / By Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1920-1926. url , p. 203.
- Trees and shrubs of Prospect Park. American Printing House[c1902] url p. 129, p. 4, p. 9.
- Trees and shrubs of Prospect park, New York, The Greenwich printing company[c1906] url p. 129, p. 34, p. 4, p. 9.
- Trees in winter; their study, planting, care and identification, New YorkMacmillan1913 url p. 91.
- Trees, fruits, and flowers of Minnesota. Minneapolis: Minnesota State Horticultural Society, 1899-1920. url p. 69.
- Trees, shrubs and vines of the northeastern United States. .. together with an account of the principal foreign hardy trees, shrubs and vines cultivated in our country, and found in Central Park, New York City by H.E. Parkhurst. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1903. url p. 175, p. 393.
- Tropical agriculture: the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url , .
- Tropical agriculture; the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / by Earley Vernon Wilcox. London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url p. 233, p. 370.
- Vegetable organography; or, An analytical description of the organs of plants. Translated by Boughton Kingdon. LondonHoulston & Stoneman1841 url p. 101.
- Veröffentlichungen der Zoologischen Staatssammlung München. 10 1966 München: Die Staatssammlung, url p. 181.
- Webster's Practical forestry: a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament / by A.D. Webster. London: W. Rider & son, limited,  url p. 134.
- Webster's practical forestry: a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament. By A.D. Webster. .. London, W. Rider & Son, Limited[pref. 1905] url p. 92.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.