Spiny shrub from Iran, with large edible fruits the size of a baseball.
- Punica granatum is grown for its showy flowers and edible fruit (pomegranate). It was probably introduced to China from C Asia or Europe during the Han dynasty (207 BCE to 220 CE ). [source]
- This unique fruit is pleasantly acidic, juicy, and refreshing. The dried seeds, an important spice in Indian cuisine, are used to flavor chutneys, lentils, stuffing, and breads, while the juice is used to make delicious jellies.
Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Albanian:
Common Names in Amharic:
Common Names in Arabic:
Roman, Ruman, Rumman, رمان, رُمَّان
Common Names in Armenian:
Noor, Noor (Nur), Nur, Նուռ, Նուր
Common Names in Assamese:
Common Names in Azerbaijani:
Common Names in Belarusian:
Common Names in Bengali:
Common Names in Bengali, Bangla:
Common Names in Bosnian:
Common Names in Bulgarian:
Common Names in Burmese:
Common Names in Catalan:
Common Names in Catalan, Valencian:
Common Names in Chinese:
Shi Liu, 石榴
Common Names in Corsican:
Common Names in Croatian:
Ipak, Nar, Šipak
Common Names in Czech:
Granátové Jablko, Granátovník, Granátovník Obecný, Granátové Jablko, Granátovník, Granátovník Obecný, Marhaník, Marhaník
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Granate Apple, Pomegranate, Pomegranate Bark (Stem & Root), Pomegranate Rind (Fruit)
Common Names in Esperanto:
Common Names in Estonian:
Granaatõun, Harilik Granaadipuu
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Ecorce De Grenade (écorce-Rind), Ecorce De Grenadier (écorce-Bark), Grenade, Grenade (Fruit), Grenadier, Grenadier (Tree)
Common Names in Georgian:
Common Names in German:
Granatapfel, Granatapfelbaum, Granatapfelstrauch, Granatwurzelrinde (Rind)
Common Names in Greek:
Common Names in Greek, Modern:
Rodi, Rodia, Ρόδι, Ροδιά
Common Names in Greek (modern):
Common Names in Gujarati:
Dadam, Dadam (Fresh Fruit), Dadamna Bee, Dadamna Bee (Dried Seeds)
Common Names in Haitian, Haitian Creole:
Common Names in Hebrew:
Rimmon, Rimon, רימון
Common Names in Hebrew (modern):
Common Names in Hindi:
Anaar (Anar), Anar, Anardana, Anardana (Dried Seeds), अनार
Common Names in Hungarian:
Gránátalma, Gránátalma, Közönséges Gránátalma, Pomagránát, Termesztett Gránátalma
Common Names in Icelandic:
Common Names in Indonesian:
Common Names in Italian:
Granato, Granato a Frutto Dolce, Melagrana, Melagrano Gentile, Melo Granato Domestico Pomogranato, Melograno, Melograno a Frutto Gentile
Common Names in Japanese:
Se-Ki-Ri-(yu)-U, Sekiryu, Za-Ku-Ro, Zakuro, ざくろ, ザクロ, セキリュウ, 石榴
Common Names in Javanese:
Common Names in Kannada:
Dalimba, Dalimbe, ದಾಳಿಂಬೆ
Common Names in Kashmiri:
Common Names in Kazakh:
Anar, Anar Ağaşı, Anar Ağašy, Анар, Анар ағашы
Common Names in Korean:
Seog Ryu (Seok Ryu), Seog-Ryu, Seongnyu, Skryunann, Songnyu, 석류, 석류나무
Common Names in Kurdish:
Common Names in Lao:
Kok Mak Phi La
Common Names in Laotian:
Kok Mak Phi La
Common Names in Latin:
Cortex Fructus Granati, Cortex Malicorii, Cortex Radicis Granati, Flores Balaustia, Flores Balaustinorum, Flores Granati, Malicorium, Pericarpium Granati
Common Names in Latvian:
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Malay:
Buah Delima, Delima, Delima (Bali), Delima (Indonesia)
Common Names in Malayalam:
Common Names in Maltese:
Common Names in Marathi:
Anardana, Dalimb, Dalimb Sal (Rind), Dalimba (Fresh Fruit), ḍāḷīmbāce Dāṇe, Dalimbache Dane, Dalimbache Dane (Dried Seeds), अनारदाना, डाळींब, डाळींबाचे दाणे
Common Names in Nepalese:
Anaar, Daariim, Daarim
Common Names in Nepali:
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Norwegian Nynorsk:
Common Names in Oriya:
Common Names in Pashto, Pushto:
Common Names in Persian:
Anaar, Anar, Ruman (Syria), انار
Common Names in Persian (Farsi):
Common Names in Polish:
Granat, Granatowiec Waciwy (Tree), Granatowiec Właściwy
Common Names in Portuguese:
Portuguese, Romã (Brazil), Romã De Flor Dobrada (Brazil), Romã-De-Flor-Dobrada, Romãzeira (Tree), Romã, Romanzeiro, Romãzeira, Romeira, Romeira (Brazil), Romeira Da Granada (Brazil), Romeira-Da-Granada
Common Names in Punjabi:
Common Names in Quechua:
Common Names in Romanian:
Common Names in Russian:
Granat, Granatnik, Гранат, Гранат обыкновенный, Гранатник
Common Names in Sanskrit:
Common Names in Sanskrit (Saṁskṛta):
Common Names in Sardinian:
Common Names in Serbian:
Common Names in Slovak:
Granátové Jablko, Granátové Semená (Seeds), Granátovník Púnsky, Granátové Jablko, Granátové Semená, Granátovník Púnsky
Common Names in Slovenian:
Common Names in Spanish:
Granada, Granado, Mangrano
Common Names in Sundanese:
Common Names in Swahili:
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Tagalog:
Common Names in Tajik:
Common Names in Tamil:
Madulai, Madulam, Mandulai, Mātuḷai, மாதுளை
Common Names in Telugu:
Dadima Pandu, Danimma, Danimmapandu, Dhanimmapandu, దాడిమ పండు, దానిమ్మ
Common Names in Thai:
Ma Ko, Tap Tim, Thap Thim, ทับทิม, ทับทิม (ผลไม้)
Common Names in Tonga (Tonga Islands):
Common Names in Turkish:
Common Names in Ukrainian:
Granat, Гранат звичайний, Ґранат
Common Names in Urdu:
Common Names in Vietnamese:
Cây Lựu, Lựu
Common Names in Welsh:
Common Names in Yiddish:
or small trees
; branches often terminating as spines. Leaves opposite or subopposite, sometimes crowded on short lateral
, entire, estipulate. Flowers solitary, terminal
or 1-5 in axillary
or terminal clusters, actinomorphic
. Floral tube
thick, leathery, adnate
to ovary and produced
above it; sepals thick, valvate
. Petals showy, red [or white], strongly crumpled. Stamens numerous
, covering inner surface of floral tube from rim
to ovary. Ovary inferior, multiloculed; style exserted; stigma capitate. Fruit berrylike, with leathery rind
, retaining a crown of sepals. Seeds many, with translucent
, juicy sarcotesta
; cotyledons spirally rolled.
Two species: one endemic to the Indian Ocean island of Socotra; one of uncertain native origin , probably from C and SW Asia, now widespread in cultivation.
Species Punica granatum
Shrubs or small trees , 2-3 m tall, glabrous . Branches and branchlets 4-angled, becoming terete with age, often terminating as indurate spines. Petiole 2-10 mm; leaf blade adaxially shiny, lanceolate, elliptic-oblanceolate, or oblong , 2-9 × 1-2 cm, base attenuate, apex obtuse or mucronate . Floral tube red-orange or pale yellow, campanulate-urceolate, 2-3 × 1-1.5 cm; sepals 5-9, erect , deltate. Petals 5-9, bright red-orange [or white], obovate , 1.5-3 × 1-2 cm, apex rounded or obtuse. Stamens numerous , included to exserted. Ovary 8-13-loculed, in 2 or 3 superposed layers, lower locules with axile placentation , upper ones with apparent parietal placentation . Fruit globose , leathery berries , variable in color, red to yellow-green or red-brown, 5-12 cm in diam., crowned by persistent sepals, irregularly dehiscent . Seeds obpyramidal within juicy sarcotestal layer, ruby-red, pink, or yellowish white. Fl. Mar-Jul. 2n = 16, 18. [source]
Habit: Tree or large shrub . • Growth Form: Stoloniferous • Shape and Orientation: Vase
Flowers: Bloom Period: Spring • Flower Color: Orange • Flower Conspicuous: Yes
Seeds: Seed per Pound: 2400 • Seed Spread Rate: Slow • Seedling Vigor: Medium • Fruit/Seed Abundance: High • Fruit/Seed Color: Red • Fruit/Seed Conspicuous: Yes • Cold Stratification Required: No
Foliage: Foliage Color: Green • Foliage Porosity Summer: Porous • Foliage Porosity Winter: Porous • Foliage Texture: Medium • Fall Conspicuous: Yes • Leaf Retention: No
Active Growth Period: Spring and Summer • Growth Rate: Slow • Mature Height (feet): 20.0 • Maximum Height at 20 Years (feet): 20 • Size: 15-20' tall. • Vegetative Spread Rate: None • Lifespan: Lifespan
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,653 meters (0 to 15,266 feet).
Duration: Perennial • Coppice Potential: No • Progagated by Bulbs: No • Propagated by Bare Root: Yes • Propagated by Container: Yes • Propagated by Corms: No • Propagated by Cuttings: No • Propagated by Seed: Yes • Propagated by Sod: No • Propagated by Sprigs: No • Propagated by Tubers: No • Fruit/Seed Period Begin: Summer • Fruit/Seed Period End: Fall • Fruit/Seed Persistence: Yes
Culture: Space 15-20' apart.
Soil: Adapted to Medium Textured: Adapted to Medium Textured Soils • Adapted to Coarse Textured Soils: No • Anaerobic Tolerance: None • Salinity Tolerance: Medium • CaCO3 Tolerance: None • Minimum pH: 6.0 • Maximum pH: 6.9 • Fertility Requirement: Medium
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade. • Shade Tolerance: Intermediate
Moisture: Drought Tolerance: None • Minimum Precipitation: 30 • Maximum Precipitation: 60 • Moisture Use: Medium
Temperature: Minimum Temperature (F): -13°F. • Minimum Frost Free Days: 140 • Cold Hardiness: 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b, 11. (map)
- Chatton, 1925
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan ex Reveal, 1992
- Dumortier, 1829
- Family: Ranunculaceae () - A.L. de Jussieu, 1789, nom. cons.
- Order: Ranunculales () - Dumortier, 1829
- Superorder: Ranunculanae () - Takhtajan ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Magnoliidae () - Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967 - Angiosperms
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Members of the genus Punica
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 26 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
P. granatum (Granate Apple) · P. granatum f. plena (Pomegranate) · P. granatum var. nana (Dwarf Pomegranate) · P. granatum var. Sweet (Sweet Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Ambrosia' (Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Ato Shibori' (Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'California Sunset' (California Sunset Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Emperor' (Dwarf Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Garnet Sash' (Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Hiza Kuro' (Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Judai Zakuro' (Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Kashmir' (Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Lone Pine' (Dwarf Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Nochi Shibari' (Nochi Shibari Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Omi' (Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Orange Master' (Dwarf Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Piipg-i' (Pomegranate 'piipg-I') · P. granatum 'Pink Satin' (Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Red Silk' (Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Sarasa Shibori' (Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Sharp Velvet' (Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Shirobotan' (Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Toyosho' (Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Twisted Trunk' (Pomegranate) · P. granatum 'Wonderful' (Fruiting Pomegranate) · P. protopunica (Pomegranate Tree)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- 1000 hints on flowers and birds. New York, Putnam, 1917. url p. 296.
- A bibliographic enumeration of Bornean plants, by E. D. Merrill. Singapore, Printed by Fraser & Neave, ltd., 1921 url p. 418, p. 418.
- A botany for India, by P. F. Fyson. London, The Christian Literature Society for Indian (Madras Branch)1912. url p. 326, p. 331.
- A catalogue of the Portland Museum, lately the property of the Duchess Dowager of Portland which will be sold by auction, by Mr. Skinner and Co. on Monday the 24th of April, 1786, and the thirty-seven following days. .. Sundays, and the London, 1786 url p. 123.
- A catalogue of the lepidopterous insects in the museum of the Hon. East-India company. By Thomas Horsfield. .. and Frederic Moore. .. London, W.H. Allen and Co., 1857-59. url p. 417.
- A contribution to South African materia medica: chiefly from plants in use among the natives / Capetown: Juta,  url p. 117.
- A dictionary of modern gardening / by George William Johnson. .. with one hundred and eighty wood cuts. Edited, with numerous additions, by David Landreth. Philadelphia: Lea and Blanchard, 1847. url p. 623.
- A dictionary of modern gardening. Philadelphia, Lea and Blanchard, 1847. url p. 488, p. 623.
- A dictionary of the plant names of the Philippine Islands / by Elmer D. Merrill. Manila: Bureau of Public Print., 1903. url p. 55, p. 63.
- A handbook of systematic botany / by Dr. E. Warming with a revision of the fungi by Dr. E. Knoblauch, tr. and ed. by M. C. Potter. New York: Macmillan & Co., 1895. url p. 488, p. 489.
- A handbook of systematic botany; with a revision of the fungi, by E. Knoblauch; tr. and ed. by M.C. Potter. London, Swan url p. 488, p. 489.
- A handbook of tropical gardening and planting, with special reference to Ceylon, by H. F. Macmillan. .. Colombo, H.W. Cave & co., 1914. url , p. 118, p. 131, p. 184, p. 597.
- A manual flora of Egypt / by Reno Muschler. With a preface by Paul Ascherson and Georg Schweinfurth. Berlin, R. Friedlaender, 1912. url p. 1203.
- A manual of dangerous insects likely to be introduced in the United States through importations. Ed. by W. Dwight Pierce, entomologist, southern field crop insect investigations. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 180.
- A manual of gardening for western and southern India, by R. Riddell. Ed. and rev. by Lieutenant-colonel Boddam. Madras: Higginbotham and co., 1884. url p. 151.
- A manual of organic materia medica and pharmacognosy; an introduction to the study of the vegetable kingdom and the vegetable and animal drugs (with syllabus of inorganic remedial agents) comprising the botanical and physical characteristics, source, con Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 312, p. 313, p. 600, p. xvi.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 184, p. 346.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 127.
- A practical flora for schools and colleges, by Oliver R. Willis. New York, American Book Co.[c1894] url p. 138.
- A review of the identifications of the species described in Blanco's Flora de Filipinas, Manila, Bureau of public printing, 1905. url p. 47.
- A review of the references to the Hortus malabaricus of Henry Van Rheede Van Draakenstein [sic] Swansea: Printed at the Cambrian-Office, by Murray and Rees, 1839. url p. 15.
- A supplement to the Pharmacopia, and treatise on pharmacology in general: including not only the drugs and preparations used by practitioners of medicine, but also most of those employed in the chemical arts: together with a collection of the most useful medical formulæ. . by Samuel Frederic Gray. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1836. url p. 87.
- A text-book of botany, by Dr. Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck, Ludwig Jost [and] Dr. George Karsten. LondonMacmillan1912 url p. 488, p. 632.
- A text-book of botany, by Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. Fritz Noll. .. [and] Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1908. url p. 634, p. 635, p. 719.
- A text-book of mycology and plant pathology, by John W. Harshberger. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1917] url p. 456.
- A university text-book of botany. New York, Macmillan, 1910. url p. 441.
- A voyage to China and the East Indies, by Peter Osbeck. Together with A Voyage to Suratte, by Olof Toreen and an account of the Chinese husbandry, by Captain Charles Gustavus Eckeberg. Tr. from the German, by John Reinhold Forster, F. A. S London, B. White, 1771. url p. 57.
- About trees, shrubs, and climbing plants for South Africa; concise hints on the making of farm plantations, shrubberies. .. Maritzburg, 1919. url p. 59, p. 91.
- Ad orientem. By A.D. Frederickson, F.R.G.S. With illustrations from the author's sketch-book. London: W.H. Allen & Co., 1889. url p. 219.
- American horticultural manual. New York, Wiley, 1914. url p. 480.
- American horticultural manual... By J.L. Budd...assisted by N.E. Hansen...Illustrated... New York: J. Wiley & sons; [etc., etc.], 1902-1903. url p. 480.
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Ross, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828. url p. 1217.
- An encyclopædia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1827. url p. 1217.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 141.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 1217, p. 531.
- An illustration of the sexual system of Linnaeus / by Iohn Miller. London: The author, 1779-89. url p. 79.
- An introduction to pharmacognosy / by Smith Ely Jelliffe. London: W. B. Saunders and Company, 1905. url p. 166, p. 263.
- An introduction to the chemistry of plant products by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green, 1928-1929. url p. 363.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 296, p. 95.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 1910-1918 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 681.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 5 1894 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 75.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 1093.
- Annual report of the Director of Forestry. Manila [etc.] url p. 46.
- Annual report of the Director to the Board of Trustees for the year. .. / Field Museum of Natural History Chicago, U.S.A.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1907-1943. url p. 127.
- Appletons' popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1895-1900. url p. 755.
- Archivos. Rio de JaneiroImprensa Nacional url p. 273, p. 298.
- Arctic zoology. .. London: Printed by Henry Hughs, 1784-1785. url p. 27.
- Beeton's Dictionary of everyday gardening. .. to which is added a monthly calendar of garden work throughout the year. London, Ward, Lock, 1909. url p. 21.
- Birds & nature magazine. Chicago, nature study publishing company [etc.]1896-1907. url .
- Birds and nature. Chicago, Ill.: A.W. Mumford, Publisher, 1900-1907. url p. 86.
- Boston journal of natural history. 2 1838 - 18 Boston, Boston Society of Natural History. url p. 238.
- Botanic drugs, their materia medica, pharmacology, and therapeutics, by Thomas S. Blair. Cincinnati, O.: The Therapeutic digest publishing co., 1917. url p. 180, p. 363.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 350, p. 9.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 27.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url p. 418.
- Botany Cambridge, Mass., John Wilson and Son, 1880 url p. 213.
- Botany for high schools and colleges / by Charles E. Bessey. New York: H. Holt, 1883, c1880. url p. 523.
- Botany of Socotra. By Isaac Bayley Balfour. .. with the assistance of other botanists. .. Edinburgh, R. Grant, 1888. url p. 94.
- Botany. New York, Holt, 1889. url p. 523.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. 1879 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 129, p. 136, p. 230, p. 53.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 109, p. 29, p. 33, p. 42, p. 57.
- Bulletin of entomological research. Farnham Royal: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux. url p. 126, p. 156, p. 413, p. 430, p. 453.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1919 1919 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 53.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 100, p. 284, p. 343.
- Bulletin of the Department of Agriculture, Trinidad and Tobago. Trinidad: Dept. of Agriculture, 1914-1927. url .
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., Govt. Print. Off., 1913-1923. url p. 14, p. 14, p. 46, p. 46.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 109, p. 121, p. 125, p. 19, p. 213, p. 24, p. 251, p. 32, p. 329, p. 36, p. 40, p. 54, p. 57, p. 58, p. 61, p. 76, p. 78, p. 87, p. 99.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url .
- Calcutta journal of natural history, and miscellany of the arts and sciences in India. Calcutta, Bishop's College Press. url p. 67.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 11, p. 11, p. 242.
- Carotenoids, their comparative biochemistry. New York, Chemical Pub. Co., 1954. url p. 337.
- Catalogue of economic plants in the collection of the U. S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1891. url .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 131, p. 205, p. 227, p. 252, p. 362, p. 425, p. 755.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 131, p. 227, p. 362, p. 755.
- Catalogue of the African plants London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url .
- Catalogue of the collections in the museum of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain compiled by E.M. Holmes. London, The Society, 1878. url p. 47.
- Chamber's encyclopaedia, a dictionary of universal knowledge. London, Chambers, 1902. url p. 20, p. 303.
- Chambers's information for the people; edited by William and Robert Chambers. London, Chambers, 1884. url p. 97.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 282, p. 384, p. 515, p. 587.
- Chinese materia medica. extensively revised from F. Porter Smith's work by G. A. Stuart. Shanghai?: Presbyterian Mission Press?, 1911? url p. 361.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 142.
- Contribution [I]-III to the coastal and plain flora of Yucatan, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh. 1 1898 Chicago, 1895-1898. url p. 381.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892- url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 23 1920-1926 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 1027, p. 129, p. 136, p. 223, p. 226, p. 282, p. 285, p. 332, p. 358, p. 362, p. 363, p. 371, p. 384, p. 413, p. 428, p. 443, p. 459, p. 568, p. 794, p. 832, p. IX.
- Contributions to North American ichthyology. Based primarily on the collections of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1877-78. url p. 129, p. 53.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 1120, p. 1122, p. 1122, p. 1123, p. 260, p. 261, p. 262, p. 263, p. 264, p. 524, p. 870, p. 903, p. 904, p. 907, p. 916.
- Curtis's botanical magazine. 1-42 1817 London; New York [etc.]: Academic Press [etc.] url p. 115, p. 127, p. 187, p. 41.
- Das Obst der Tropen. Berlin, W. Susserott url p. 6, p. 92.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 159.
- Economic plants. An index to economic products of the vegetable kingdom in Jamaica. Comp. by William Fawcett. .. Jamaica, Govt. Print. Establishment, 1891. url p. 67.
- English cyclopaedia, a new dictionary of universal knowledge, conducted by Charles Knight. London, Bradbury, 1854-61. url .
- Entozoa, an introduction to the study of helminthology, with reference more particularly to the internal parasites of man. London, Groombridge, 1864. url p. 233.
- Entozoa: an introduction to the study of helminthology, with reference more particularly to the internal parasites of man. London, Groombridge, 1864. url .
- Excursions in Madeira and Porto Santo, during the autumn of 1823, while on his third voyage to Africa; by the late T. Edward Bowdich... To which is added, by Mrs. Bowdich, I. A narrative of the continuance of the voyage to its completion... II. A description of the English settlements on the river Gamb London, G.B. Whittaker, 1825. url p. 246.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1225, p. 442.
- Familiar lectures on botany, practical, elementary, and physiological: with an appendix, containing descriptions of the plants of the United States and exotics, &c. for the use of seminaries and private students / by Mrs. Almira H. Lincoln. New York: F. J. Huntington & Co., 1841. url p. 167.
- Favourite flowers of garden and greenhouse /by Edward Step. ..; the cultural directions edited by William Watson. ..; illustrated with three hundred and sixteen coloured plates, selected and arranged by D. Bois. 2 1897 London and New York: Frederick Warne & co., 1896-97. url pl. 101.
- Flora Indica, or, Descriptions of Indian plants / by the late William Roxburgh. Serampore: Printed for W. Thacker, 1832. url p. 687.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url , p. 226, p. 227.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 377.
- Flora calpensis; contributions to the botany and topography of Gibraltar, and its neighbourhood. By E. F. Kelaart. London, J. van Voorst, 1846. url p. 104.
- Flora diaetetica, or, History of esculent plants, both domestic and foreign: in which they are accurately described, and reduced to their Linnaean generic and specific names; with their English names annexed, and ranged under eleven general heads / by Charles Bryant. London: B. White, 1783. url , p. 273.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 415.
- Flora of the southern United States: containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida: arr. according to the natural system. New YorkAmerican Book Co. url p. 142.
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 508.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 25.
- Garden flowers: how to cultivate them. A treatise on the culture of hardy ornamental trees, shrubs, annuals, herbaceous and bedding plants. By Edward Sprague Rand, jr. Boston: J. E. Tilton and Company, 1866. url p. 311.
- Garden flowers; how to cultivate them. A treatise on the culture of hardy ornamental trees, shrubs, annuals, herbaceous and bedding plants. By Edward Sprague Rand, jr.. .. Boston, J. E. Tilton and company, 1866. url p. 311.
- Gardening for the South; Richmond, Va., B. F. Johnson publishing company, 1901. url p. 680.
- Gardening in California, San Francisco, A. M. Robertson, 1914. url p. 11, p. 148.
- Gardening in California, landscape and flower, by John McLaren... San Francisco, A.M. Robertson, 1909. url , , p. 148, p. 394, p. 394.
- Gardening in Egypt: a handbook of gardening for Lower Egypt, by Walter Draper. .. London, L.U. Gill, 1895. url p. 98.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1992 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 1324, p. 501, p. 883.
- Grisebach, A. H. R. Flora of the British West Indian islands /by A.H.R. Grisebach. -18 London, L. Reeve, 1864. url p. 242.
- Handbook of plants. New York: P. Henderson, 1881. url p. 178.
- Harmsworth's Universal encyclopedia, written by the leading authorities in every branch of knowledge and edited by J.A. Hammerton. London, Educational Bk. Co.[n.d.] url p. 6032.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture. By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & company, 1910. url p. 341.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants. By Peter Henderson. New York: P. Henderson & Co., 1881. url p. 178.
- History of the vegetable drugs of the Pharmacopeia of the United States / Cincinnati, O.: J. U. & C. G. Lloyd, 1911. url p. 118, p. 44.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url p. 107.
- Horticutural statutes, also quarantine orders and regulations and list of state and county horticultural officers. [Sacramento]California state printing office, 1917] url p. 135, p. 53.
- Iconographic encyclopaedia of science, literature, and art. systematically arranged by J.G. Heck. Translated from the German, with additions, and edited by Spencer F. Baird. .. illustrated by five hundred steel plates, containing upwards to twelve thousand en New York, R. Garrigue, 1851. url p. 158.
- Illinois biological monographs. Urbana, Univ. of Illinois Press. url p. 16.
- Illustrations of the natural orders of plants with groups and descriptions. Reduced from the original folio ed. 1 1868 London: Sampson Low, Son, and Marston, 1868. url p. xi.
- Indian Museum notes. Calcutta: [Indian Museum]: 1889-1903. url p. 193.
- Indian insect pests. By H. Maxwell-Lefroy. .. Calcutta, Office of the Superintendent of Government Printing, India, 1906. url p. 317, p. 317.
- Insect life / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Division of Entomology. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, url p. 160, p. 247, p. 379, p. 49, p. 49.
- Introduction to the chemistry of plant products, by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green and co., 1913. url p. 398.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url , p. 104, p. 115, p. 170, p. 178, p. 28, p. 34, p. 44, p. 49, p. 49, p. 65, p. 91, p. 92.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 850.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 6 1910 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 76, p. c
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 41, p. 41.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 375, p. 402.
- Journal of entomology and zoology. Claremont, Calif., U.S.A.: Pomona College Dept. of Zoology, [1913- url p. 22.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 24 2004 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 148, p. 243, p. 74.
- Journal of the New York Entomological Society. Lawrence, Kan.: Allen Press [etc.] url p. 161.
- Journal of the Right Hon. Sir Joseph Banks. .. during Captain Cook's first voyage in H.M.S. Endeavour in 1768-71 to Terra del Fuego, Otahite, New Zealand, Australia, the Dutch East Indies, etc. / London; Macmillan & Co., Ltd., 1896. url .
- Landmarks of botanical history, a study of certain epochs in the development of the science of botany. Washington, Smithsonian Inst., 1909- url p. 326, p. 34.
- Landmarks of botanical history; a study of certain epochs in the development of the science of botany. Part I.--Prior to 1562 A. D. Washington, Smithsonian institution, 1909. url , .
- Lepidoptera indica. By F. Moore. London, 1890-1913. url p. 66, p. 68.
- Lepidopterous fauna of the USSR and adjacent countries: a collection of papers dedicated to professor Alexsandr Sergeevich Danilevskii / collected by O.L. Kryzhanovskii; Donald R. Davis, scientific editor; [translated from the Russian by P.M. Rao]. Washington, D.C.: National Science Foundation, 1988. url p. 139.
- List of duplicate plants in the Government Botanic Gardens, November 1874. Port-of-Spain: G.P.O., 1874. url p. 6.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url , , , p. 10, p. 10, p. 10, p. 108, p. 11, p. 11, p. 12, p. 12, p. 12, p. 12, p. 12, p. 12, p. 12, p. 12, p. 137, p. 14, p. 14, p. 14, p. 14, p. 143, p. 15, p. 15, p. 15, p. 15, p. 15, p. 15, p. 15, p. 154, p. 16, p. 16, p. 16, p. 16, p. 16, p. 16, p. 160, p. 17, p. 17, p. 18, p. 18, p. 18, p. 18, p. 18, p. 18, p. 19, p. 19, p. 19, p. 19, p. 19, p. 19, p. 195, p. 197, p. 20, p. 20, p. 20, p. 20, p. 21, p. 21, p. 21, p. 21, p. 21, p. 21, p. 22, p. 22, p. 22, p. 23, p. 23, p. 23, p. 24, p. 24, p. 249, p. 25, p. 25, p. 25, p. 25, p. 26, p. 26, p. 27, p. 27, p. 273, p. 28, p. 28, p. 28, p. 280, p. 280, p. 287, p. 289, p. 29, p. 29, p. 294, p. 30, p. 300, p. 31, p. 31, p. 313, p. 316, p. 32, p. 32, p. 33, p. 338, p. 34, p. 34, p. 34, p. 341, p. 35, p. 35, p. 37, p. 38, p. 38, p. 387, p. 431, p. 432, p. 44, p. 446, p. 45, p. 451, p. 459, p. 460, p. 488, p. 49, p. 49, p. 50, p. 51, p. 53, p. 54, p. 55, p. 55, p. 56, p. 56, p. 56, p. 59, p. 59, p. 60, p. 60, p. 60, p. 61, p. 61, p. 61, p. 61, p. 64, p. 65, p. 65, p. 65, p. 66, p. 67, p. 67, p. 67, p. 68, p. 68, p. 68, p. 69, p. 69, p. 69, p. 69, p. 7, p. 70, p. 70, p. 70, p. 72, p. 72, p. 73, p. 74, p. 75, p. 76, p. 78, p. 78, p. 79, p. 8, p. 8, p. 80, p. 82, p. 82, p. 82, p. 86, p. 87, p. 9, p. 9, p. 90, p. 95.
- Madagascar: an environmental profile IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 354, p. 361, p. 369.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 270, p. 610.
- Manures for fruit and other trees, a practical handbook for the gardener, horticulturist and student. London, Robert Sutton, 1908. url .
- Matson and Roth family history, a love of ships, horses and gardens: and related material, Lurline Matson Roth; tape recorded interview conducted by Suzanne B. Riess in 1980-1981. Regional Oral History Office, The Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley, California, 1982: url p. 216.
- Medicinal plants. Being descriptions with original figures of the principal plants employed in medicine and an account of the characters, properties, and uses of their parts and products of medicinal value. By Robert Bentley and Henry Trimen. Plates by David Blair. In four volumes. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1880. url , , , , , .
- Memoir on the physical and political geography of New Granada. New York, T. Dwight, 1853. url p. 99.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 1 1890 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 187.
- Memoirs relating to European and Asiatic Turkey and other countries of the East: edited from manuscript journals / London: Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown. .., 1818. url p. 253.
- Miscellaneous studies in agriculture and biology. BerkeleyUniversity of California Press1919 url p. 106, p. 106.
- Morphological studies of the genus Cercospora, Urbana, Ill., 1930 url p. 16.
- Nature's healing arts: from folk medicine to modern drugs / by Lonnelle Aikman; photos. by Nathan Benn and Ira Block; paintings by Tony Chen; prepared by the Special Publications Division. Washington: National Geographic Society, c1977. url p. 196.
- North American cerambycid larvae: a classification and the biology of North American cerambycid larvae. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculuture, 1923. url p. 54.
- Novon a journal of botanical nomenclature from the Missouri Botanical Garden. 5 1995 St. Louis, MO: Missouri Botanical Garden, url p. 277.
- Observations on the Coccidae of Egypt, by W.J. Hall. .. Cairo, Government Press, 1922. url p. 2, p. 31.
- Official guide to the Botanic Gardens, Dominica: illustrated: with an index of the principal plants. Dominica: The Garden, 1922? url , p. 44.
- On animal and vegetable parasites of the human body, a manual of their natural history, diagnosis, and treatment. LondonPrinted for the Sydenham society1857 url p. 171.
- Origin and history of all the pharmacopeial vegetable drugs, chemicals and preparations with bibliography... Prepared under the auspices of and pub. by the American drug manufacturers' association, Washington, D.C. Cincinnati: The Caxton press, [c1921] url p. 395.
- Origin of cultivated plants / by Alphonse de Candolle. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1908. url p. 237.
- Origin of cultivated plants, by Alphonse de Candolle. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1884. url p. 240.
- Origin of cultivated plants. By Alphonse de Candolle. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1902. url p. 240.
- Origin of cultivated plants. New YorkHafner Pub. Co.1890 url p. 240.
- Ornamental gardening in Florida, by Charles Torrey Simpson; a treatise on the decorative plants adapted to Florida and their cultivation, with suggestions for the ornamentation of Florida homes and grounds. Little River, Fla., The author, 1916. url p. 156, p. 156, p. 196, p. 196.
- Outlines of forestry: or, The elementary principles underlying the science of forestry: being a series of primers of forestry / by Edwin J. Houston. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott, 1893. url p. 231, p. 231.
- Outlines of forestry; Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott company, 1893. url p. 231.
- Oxford gardens, based upon Daubeny's Popular guide to the physick garden of Oxford: with notes on the gardens of the colleges and on the University park, by R. T. Günther. Oxford: Parker & son; [etc., etc.], 1912. url p. 146.
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 22, p. 39.
- Pamphlets on silviculture. [1899- url p. 17, p. 885.
- Parks: a manual of municipal and county parks compiled as a result of a nation-wide study of municipal and county parks conducted by the Playground and Recreation Association of America, in co-operation with edited by L.H. Weir. New York: A.S. Barnes & Co., 1928. url p. 681, p. 682, p. 683, p. 691, p. 692.
- Periodical catalogue of greenhouse shrubs, vines, herbaceous plants, and bulbous roots: cultivated and for sale at the Linn©an Botanic Garden, Flushing, near New-York / William Prince & Sons, proprietors. New York: s.n., 1832. url p. 161.
- Pharmaceutical botany, with glossary of botanical terms. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 372.
- Physiology at the farm in aid of rearing and feeding the live stock. Edinburgh and London, W. Blackwood and sons. url p. xix.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 204, p. 364, p. 80.
- Plant culture; a working handbook of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, New York, A. T. De La Mare Co., Inc.[c1921] url .
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 136, p. 832, p. 902.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url , .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 136, p. 832, p. 902.
- Plant names, by T. S. Lindsay. London, Macmillan, 1923. url p. 72.
- Plants of the Holy Land: with their fruits and flowers / by Henry S. Osborn. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott, 1861. url .
- Poisonous plants of all countries, by A. Bernhard-Smith. London, Baillière, Tindall & Cox, 1923. url p. 93.
- Pomona College journal of entomology. Claremont, Calif., U.S.A.: Published under the patronage of Ontario-Cucamonga Citrus Association by the Dept. of Biology of Pomona College, [1909?-1912?] url p. 66, p. 66.
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 755.
- Preliminary report on the forest and other vegetation of Pegu. CalcuttaC.B. Lewis, Baptist Mission Press1875 url p. 60.
- Principles of scientific botany, or, Botany as an inductive science by Dr. J.M. Schleiden. .. translated by Edwin Lankester. .. London: Printed for Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1849 url p. 428, p. 612.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url , p. 17.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 381, p. 560, p. 853, p. 853.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 131, p. 146, p. 647.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 100, p. 261, p. 265, p. 31, p. 37, p. 654, p. 656, p. 661, p. 671, p. 680, p. 681.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 212, p. 87, p. 89, p. 98.
- Proceedings of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 1992 [San Diego, Calif.]: San Diego Society of Natural History, 1990- url p. 4.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 27, p. 468, p. 671, p. 856.
- Proceedings of the annual convention of the society of American Florists. Boston [etc.]Society of American Florists and Ornamental Horticulturalists. url p. 42.
- Proceedings. Halifax url p. xl, p. xli.
- Proceedings. London. url p. 308.
- Putnam's garden handbook, by Mae Savell Croy. London, G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1917. url p. 296.
- Report of a trip to India and the Orient in search of the natural enemies of the citrus white fly. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1913. url p. 57, p. 58.
- Report of the proceedings of the. .. Entomological meeting Calcutta;Superintendent government printing, India, 1917-24. url p. 232, p. 334, p. 564, p. 593.
- Report of the transactions of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society for the year. .. with preliminary observations. [S.l.: s.n.], 1839. url p. 62.
- Report on forests and forestry / by John A. Warden. Washington: G.p.o., 1875. url p. 56.
- Report on the agricultural resources and capabilities of Hawaii. Washington, Govt. Print. off., 1901. url p. 43, p. 49.
- Report on the introduction and distribution of seeds and plants by the Bureau of Agriculture. By William S. Lyon. .. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903. url .
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 134, p. 33.
- Report. Chicago url p. 127.
- Report: . .. Washington, Blair & Rives, printers, 1838 url p. 131.
- Resources of the southern fields and forests, medical, economical, and agricultural; Charleston, Walker, Evans & Cogswell, printers, 1869. url p. 731.
- Review of applied mycology. Kew, SurreyCommonwealth Mycological Institute url p. 490, p. 638.
- Root-knot and its control. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1911. url p. 19.
- Rough notes and memoranda relating to the natural history of the Bermudas, London, R.H. Porter, 1897. url .
- School of forest engineers in Spain, indicative of a type for a British national school of forestry, compiled by John Croumbie Brown. Edinburgh: Oliver and Boyd, 1886. url p. 39.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 24, p. 32, p. 36, p. 36, p. 37, p. 43, p. 45, p. 52, p. 53, p. 57, p. 72, p. 87, p. 99.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. Calcutta, Off. of the Superintendent of Government Printing, 1880. url .
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 274, p. 382.
- Silva Capensis, or a description of South African forest trees and arborescent shrubs used for technical and economical purposes. London, Ward, 1862. url p. 12, p. 54.
- Sino-Iranica; Chinese contributions to the history of civilization in ancient Iran, with special reference to the history of cultivated plants and products / by Berthold Laufer -- Chicago, 1919. url p. 276, p. 276, p. 620, p. 620.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 23 1882 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 129, p. 326, p. 34, p. 53.
- Some south Indian insects and other animals of importance considered especially from an economic point of view / by T. Bainbrigge Fletcher. Madras, Printed by the superintendent, government press, 1914. url p. 268.
- Spring flowers at Belvoir castle; with directions for cultivation and notes on the gardens by W. H. Divers. London, Longmans, Green1909. url , p. 147.
- St. Helena: the historic island from its discovery to the present date, by E.L. Jackson, illustrated from photographs. New York, Thomas Whittaker, 1905. url p. 339.
- Standard values in nutrition and metabolism, being the second fascicle of a handbook of biological data. Prepared under the direction of the Committee on the Handbok of Biological Data, American Institute of Biological Sciences, National Research Council. Philadelphia, Saunders url p. 377.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 388, p. 546.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 471.
- Supplement to the arctic zoology London: Printed by Henry Hughs, 1787. url .
- Sylvan sketches; or, A companion to the park and the shrubbery: with illustrations from the works of the poets. By the author of the Flora domestica... London: Whittaker, Treacher and co., 1831. url p. 333.
- Systematic list of the trees, shrubs and woody-climbers of the Bombay Presidency / by W.A. Talbot. Bombay: Printed at the Govt. Central Press, 1894. url p. 226.
- Systematic pomology, treating of description, nomenclature, and classification of fruits, by F. A. Waugh. .. New York: Orange Judd company, 1903. url p. 145.
- Systematic pomology; treating of description, nomenclature, and classification of fruits, by F. A. Waugh. New York: O. Judd Co., 1908 [c1903] url p. 145.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 133.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants; together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the America By Alphonso Wood. .. Chicago, A. S. Barnes & Company, 1873 [c1870] url p. 123.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url p. 922.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 188.
- The American fruit culturist, New York, W. Wood and company, 1897. url p. 622.
- The American fruit culturist, containing practical directions for the propagation and culture of all fruits adapted to the United States / by John J. Thomas. New York: Orange Judd Company; 1911. url p. 686.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 250, p. 250, p. 250, p. 341, p. 91.
- The Asa Gray bulletin. 2 1953 Ann Arbor, Mich. url p. xvi.
- The Bahama Islands / edited by George Burbank Shattuck. New York: Macmillan, 1905. url , p. 212, p. 214, p. 214, p. 623.
- The Bahama Islands, London, The Macmillan company, 1905. url p. 214, p. 214, p. 623.
- The Bermuda islands: an account of their scenery, climate, productions, physiography, natural history and geology, with sketches of their discovery and early history, and the changes in their flora and fauna due to man; with 38 plates and over 250 cuts in the text / by Addison E. Verrill. New Haven, Conn.: The author, 1902. url p. 217, p. 532.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 237.
- The California fruits and how to grow them; a manual of methods which have yielded greatest success, with the lists of varieties best adapted to the differenct districts of the state, by Edward J. Wickson. San Francisco, Pacific Rural Press, 1921. url p. 406, p. 406.
- The California horticulturist and floral magazine. San Francisco, Calif.: F.A. Miller & Co., 1870- url p. 30.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 243.
- The Cottage gardeners' dictionary: describing the plants, fruits, and vegetables desirable for the garden, and explaining the terms and operations employed in their cultivation; with an alphabetical list of synonymes / edited by George W. Johnson. London: Henry G. Bohn, 1863. url p. 850.
- The Edinburgh journal of science. v. 1-10, July 1824-Apr. 1829; new ser., v. 1-6, July 1829-Apr. 1832. EdinburghT. Clark [etc.] url p. 322.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement followed by a description of the plants, shrubs and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1921. url p. 662.
- The English gardener; or, A treatise on the situation, soil, enclosing and laying-out of kitchen gardens. .. concluding with a kalendar, giving instructions relative to the sowings, plantings, prunings. .. in each month of By William Cobbett. London, The author, 1829. url .
- The Floral world and garden guide. London, Groombridge and Sons, 1858-1880. url p. 140.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url , p. 1242.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , , , , , p. 112, p. 168, p. 183, p. 258, p. 307, p. 326, p. 330, p. 332, p. 39, p. 450, p. 484, p. 51, p. 564, p. 607, p. 92.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1566, p. 684, p. 776.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 106, p. 131, p. 134, p. 209, p. 277, p. 296, p. 296, p. 298, p. 388, p. 398, p. 443, p. 45, p. 529, p. 68, p. 684, p. 794.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 59.
- The Hawaiian forester and agriculturist. Honolulu: Hawaiian Gazette Co., 1904-1933. url .
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 192, p. 236, p. 338.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url , p. 224, p. 475, p. 515, p. 604, p. 638, p. 771.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 19 1882 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 163, p. 313, p. 391, p. 59.
- The Kansas University quarterly. Lawrence, Kansas: The University. url p. 116.
- The Mediterranean fruit fly [Ceratitis capitata Wied.] Washington, Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 14.
- The Monthly bulletin of the State Commission of Horticulture. Sacramento, Calif.: The Commission, 1911-1919. url p. 350.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 111.
- The Philippine journal of science. 9 1914 Manila. url p. 118, p. 187, p. 380, p. 560, p. 586, p. 663, p. 744.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 89.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 755.
- The Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science. Halifax, Nova Scotian Institute of Science. url .
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 34, p. 409, p. 664, p. 684, p. 690, p. 723, p. 729, p. 749, p. 842, p. 85.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 312.
- The Universal herbal; or, Botanical, medical, and agricultural dictionary; containing an account of all the known plants in the world, arranged according to the Linnean system. Specifying the uses to which they are or may be applied, whether as food, as medicine, or in the a London, Caxton Press url p. 857.
- The West-American scientist. San Diego: C.R. Orcutt. url p. 229.
- The Western pomologist.. Des Moines, Ia, ;1870-1872. url p. 20.
- The World List of Threatened Trees WCMC, IUCN url p. 466.
- The book of climbing plants and wall shrubs, by S. Arnott. London, J. Lane, 1903 [pub. 1902] url p. 110, p. 110.
- The book of the seasons; or, The calendar of nature. LondonR. Bentley1833 url p. 198.
- The botanist's repository, for new, and rare plants: containing coloured figures of such plants, as have not hitherto appeared in any similar publication, with all their essential characters, botanically arranged, after the sexual system of the celebrat London: Printed by T. Bensley, and published by the author. ..: 1797- url , .
- The botanist's repository: for new, and rare plants: containing coloured figures of such plants, as have not hitherto appeared in any similar publication: with all their essential characters, botanically arranged, after the sexual system of the celebrated Linnaeus: in English and Latin: To each description is added, a short history of the plant, as to its time of flowering, culture, native place of growth, when introduced, and by whom /The whole executed by Henry Andrews. 5 1797-1811 London: The author, 1797-[1811?] url .
- The chemical synthesis of vital products and the interrelations between organic compounds / By Raphael Meldola. London: E. Arnold, 1904. url p. 104, p. 330.
- The commercial products of India: being an abridgment of The dictionary of the economic products of India / by Sir George Watt; published under the authority of His Majesty's secretary of state for India in council. London: J. Murray, 1908. url p. 1178, p. 909.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 304, p. 304, p. 305, p. 305, p. 424.
- The complete herbalist, or The people their own physicians by the use of nature's remedies: describing the great curative properties found in the herbal kingdom. .. / by Dr. O. Phelps Brown. Jersey City, N. J.: Published by the author, 1897. url p. 500.
- The cyclopædia; or, Universal dictionary of arts, sciences, and literature. London: Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme & Brown [etc.], 1819. url p. 754.
- The dictionary of science and technical terms used in philosophy, literature, professions, commerce, arts, and trades / by W.M. Buchanan; with supplement edited by James A. Smith. London: G.Bell and Sons, 1884. url p. 579.
- The differentiation and specificity of starches in relation to genera, species, etc.; stereochemistry applied to protoplasmic processes and products, and as a strictly scientific basis for the classification of plants and animals Washington, D.C.Carnegie institution of Washington1913 url p. 11, p. 11, p. 242.
- The dogs of the British Islands, being a series of articles on the points of their various breeds, and the treatment of the diseases to which they are subject / Reprinted from "The Field" newspaper. By J. H. Walsh ("Stonehenge"), editor of "The Field". (With the aid of several experienced breeders). London: "The Field" Office, 1882. url p. 41.
- The family physician; a manual of domestic medicine, by physicians and surgeons of the principal London hospitals. To which is added The ladies' physician. London, Cassell, 1883. url .
- The farmer's encyclopædia, and dictionary of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry. Adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers. .. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. Adapted to the United States by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 922.
- The flora of St. Croix and the Virgin Islands, by Baron H.F.A. Eggers. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1879. url p. 129, p. 53.
- The florist, fruitist, and garden miscellany. London: Chapman and Hall, 1852- url p. 206.
- The flowering plants of Western India. London, W. H. Allen url p. 121.
- The flowers of Japan and the art of floral arrangement. By Josiah Conder, with illustrations by Japanese artists. Tokio, Hakubunsha; [etc., etc.]1891. url , .
- The forest trees of Mysore and Coorg. Bangalore, Mysore Govt. Central Press, 1894. url .
- The forests and gardens of South India. London, W. H. Allen, 1861. url .
- The fruits and fruit trees of America; New York, J. Wiley & son, 1865. url p. 698.
- The fruits and fruit-trees of America; or, The culture, propagation, and management, in the garden and orchard, of fruit-trees generally; with descriptions of all the finest varieties of fruit, native and foreign, cultivated in this country. By A.J. Downing. .. New York, J. Wiley, 1900. url p. 956.
- The gypsy moth. Porthetria dispar (Linn.). A report of the work of destroying the insect in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, together with an account of its history and habits both in Massachusetts and Europe. By Edward H. Forbush. .. and Charles H. Fernald. .. Published under the direction of the State Board of Agriculture by authority of the legislature. Boston: Wright & Potter Printing Co., 1896. url p. 319, p. 319, p. 325, p. 325.
- The handbook of horticulture and viticulture of Western Australia / Perth, F. W. Simpson, government printer, 1921. url .
- The handbook to the flower garden and greenhouse / by George Glenny. London: W. Kent, 1859. url p. 230.
- The illustrated dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists. Ed. by George Nicholson. Assisted by Professor J. W. H. Trail and J. Garrett. London: L. U. Gill, -89. url p. 252.
- The industries of Japan: together with an account of its agriculture, forestry, arts and commerce / J.J. Rein. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1889. url p. 557.
- The journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1832-1936 url p. 119, p. 144, p. 230, p. 313, p. 320, p. 463, p. 464.
- The journal of the Horticultural Society of London. London, [England]: Published for the Society, by Longman and Co., 1846-1855. url p. 245.
- The mammals of the Caucasus; a history of the evolution of the fauna. (Mlekopitayushchie Kavkaza; istoriya formirovaniya fauny). [By] N. K. Vereskchagin. Chief editor: E. N. Pavlovskii. Editor of this volume: A. A. Strelkov. Translated from Russian [by A. Lerman and B. Rabinovich. Edited by M. Loeb] Jerusalem: Israel Program for Scientific Translations [available from the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Clearinghouse for Federal Scientific and Technical Information, Springfield, Va.], 1967. url p. 137, p. 63.
- The medicinal plants of the Philippines / by T. H. Pardo de Tavera; translated and revised by Jerome B. Thomas. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., 1901. url p. 121.
- The natural history of Pliny. Tr., with copious notes and illustrations, by the late John Bostock and H. T. Riley. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 200.
- The natural history of plants. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1871-88. url .
- The natural history of plants. Translated by Marcus M. Hartog. LondonL. Reeve1871- url p. 28.
- The natural productions of Burmah: or, notes on the fauna, flora, and minerals of the Tenasserim provinces and the Burman empire / by Francis Mason. Maulmain: American Mission Press, 1850. url p. 120.
- The naturalist in Bermuda; a sketch of the geology, zoology, and botany of that remarkable group of islands; together with meteorological observations. By John Matthew Jones. .. Assisted by Major J. W. Wedderburn. .. and J. L. Hurdis. London, Reeves & Turner, 1859. url p. 199.
- The new American orchardist; Boston, Otis, Broaders, and company, 1844. url p. 338.
- The new American orchardist; or, An account of the most valuable varieties of fruit, of all climates, adapted to cultivation in the United States; with their history, modes of culture, management, uses, &c. With an appendix on ve By William Kenrick. Boston, Otis, Broaders, & co., 1844. url p. 338.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 526.
- The principles of botany, structural, functional and systematic, condensed and immediately adapted to the use of students of medicine. London, Hightley, 1840. url p. 186.
- The rambles of a naturalist on the coasts of France, Spain, and Sicily / by A. de Quatrefages; translated (with the author's sanction and co-operation) by E.C. Otté London: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, & Roberts, 1857 url p. 247.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1704, p. 2698.
- The trees of America: native and foreign, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described...illustrated by numerous engravings. By D. J. Browne. New York: Harper & brothers, 1851. url , p. 339, p. 340.
- The trees of America; native and foreign, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described, illustrated by numerous engravings. By D. J. Browne. New York, Harper & brothers, 1857. url p. 338, p. 339.
- The useful plants of the island of Guam; with an introductory account of the physical features and natural history of the island, of the character and history of its people, and of their agriculture / by William Edwin Safford. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 255, p. 285, p. 358, p. 362, p. 363, p. 384.
- The vegetable kingdom: or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the natural system / by John Lindley. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1846. url p. 826.
- The vegetable kingdom; or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, LondonBradbury & Evans1853 url p. 826.
- The view of Hindoostan. .. London: Printed by H. Hughs, 1798-1800. url p. 220, p. 322.
- Third American edition of the British encyclopedia, or Dictionary of arts and sciences: comprising an accurate and popular view of the present improved state of human knowledge / by William Nicholson. Philadelphia: Mitchell, Ames and White, 1818. url , .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 254, p. 279.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 100, p. 110, p. 128.
- Transactions of the American Horticultural Society. [S.l.: The Society], 1885-1888. url p. 197.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 143.
- Transactions of the Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences. New Haven: Published by the Academy, 1866- url p. 944, p. 944.
- Transactions of the third International congress of tropical agriculture, held at the Imperial institute, London, S.W., June 23rd to 30th, 1914. London: J. Bale, Sons & Danielsson, 1915-17. url p. 640, p. 648.
- Trees & shrubs for English gardens. [London]"Country life", 1908. url p. 263, p. 649.
- Trees and shrubs hardy in the British Isles / by W. J. Bean. London: J. Murray, 1916. url p. 265.
- Trees and shrubs of Mexico / By Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1920-1926. url p. 1027.
- Trees of the northern United States: their study, description and determination, for the use of schools and private students. New YorkAmerican Book Co. url p. 108.
- Trinidad: its geography, natural resources, administration, present condition, and prospects. By L. A. A. De Verteuil. London, Ward and Lock, 1858. url p. 260.
- Tropical agriculture: the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url , .
- Tropical agriculture; the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / by Earley Vernon Wilcox. London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url p. 123, p. 370.
- Tropical and subtropical fruits / by B. E. Dahlgren, Curator Emeritus, Dept. of Botany, Drawings by Albert Frey. [Chicago]:Chicago Natural History Museum, 1947. url p. 72.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 324, p. 336, p. 400, p. 428, p. 477, p. 563, p. 564, p. 825, p. 834, p. 853.
- Voyages and travels in the Levant in the years 1749, 50, 51, 52: containing observations in natural history, physick, agriculture and commerce: particularly on the Holy Land and the natural history of the Scriptures / written originally in the Swedish language by the late Frederick Hasselquist; published. .. by Charles Linnaeus. London: Printed for L. Davis and C. Reymers, 1766. url p. 240.
- Winter botany, a companion volume to the author's Plant materials of decorative gardening, by William Trelease. .. Urbana, The author, 1918. url p. 250.
- Winter botany, by William Trelease. .. Urbana, The author, 1918. url p. 250.
- World Plant Conservation Bibliography WCMC, Royal Botanic Gardens url p. 634.
- [Pamphlets on agriculture in Guam] S.l.: s.n., 1905-1916 url p. 255, p. 285, p. 358, p. 362, p. 363.
- [Publications] - Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903-1906. url p. 128, p. 47, p. 55.
- Lee Shu-kang & Lau Lan-fang; Ko Wan-chueng; Lo Hsien-shui. 1983. Lythraceae; Sonneratiaceae; Punicaceae. In: Fang Wen-pei & Chang Che-yung, eds., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 52(2): 67-111; 111-118; 120-121.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 15, 2012.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
- Participants of the FFI/IUCN SSC Central Asian regional tree Red Listing workshop, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (11-13 July 2006) 2007. Punica granatum. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 04February2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 14, 2007:
- Berkeley Natural History Museums, University and Jepson Herbaria DiGIR provider
- Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum, Bishop Museum Natural History Specimen Data
- GBIF-Spain, BDBCV BioBlitz in Penyagolosa
- GBIF-Spain, Dirección General de Investigación, Desarrollo Tecnológico e Innovación de la Junta de Extremadura(DGIDTI): HSS
- GBIF-Spain, Herbario Universidad de Málaga: MGC-Cormófitos
- GBIF-Spain, Hortus Botanicus Sollerensis Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad de Almería, HUAL
- Herbarium of the University of Aarhus, The AAU Herbarium Database
- International Plant Genetic Resources Institute(IPGRI), EURISCO
- Israel Nature and Parks Authority, Israel Nature and Parks Authority
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, NSW herbarium collection
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum, Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum
- US National Plant Germplasm System, United States National Plant Germplasm System Collection
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- University of Vienna, Institute for Botany - Herbarium WU, Herbarium WU
- Utah State University, USU-UTC Specimen Database
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- inatura - Erlebnis Naturschau Dornbirn, inatura - Erlebnis Naturschau Dornbirn
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 3874764
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-27278
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2481187
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:554129-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 30372
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 27278
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 554129-1
- IUCN ID: 238111
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: PUGR2
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 58814
- Haining Qin & Shirley A. Graham "Punica". in Flora of China Vol. 13 Page 274, 275, 283. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 400.300 meters (1,313.320 feet), Standard Deviation = 1,080.570 based on 212 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]