Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Burmese:
Common Names in Chinese:
Bai Hua Dan, 烏面馬
Common Names in English:
Chitra, Ceylon Leadwort, Chitrak, Doctorbush, Lauhihi, Leadwort, Plumbago, White Leadwort, Wild Leadwort, Wild Plumbago
Common Names in Oriya:
, or herbs. Stems striate
or reduced to a caudex
. Leaves simple
, alternate or basal, sessile or petiolate
usually indistinct from blade
; stipules absent; leaf blade entire or rarely pinnately lobed
, with chalk
on both surfaces. Inflorescences terminal
, unbranched or branched, spicate
, spicate-racemose, subcapitate
, capitate, or paniculate
, arranged into complanate
spikes if branched, all composed of 1--10 or more cymules
cymes; cymules or helicoid cymes usually known as spikelets
, 1--5-flowered; bracts 1 at base
of each spikelet; bractlets
1 or 2 at base of each flower. Flowers bisexual
, sessile or very shortly pedicellate
. Calyx persistent
, hypogynous, tubular
, 5-ribbed, 5-lobed. Corolla hypogynous, petals connate
but sometimes only at base, lobes
or segments 5 and twisted. Stamens opposite corolla lobes, hypogynous or inserted
at corolla base; anthers
2-locular, dehiscing longitudinally. Pistil 1. Ovary superior, 1-locular. Styles 5, free
or connate. Stigmas 5. Ovule 1, pendulous from a basal funicle. Capsules usually enclosed within calyx. Seeds 1 per capsule; embryo straight, surrounded by thin starchy endosperm.
About 25 genera and 440 species: worldwide, main diversity in C Asia and Mediterranean region; seven genera and 46 species (11 endemic) in China.
not known. Stems erect
, or climbing
. Leaves cauline, sessile or short-petiolate (petiole
usually less than 1.5 cm) ; blade
entire, apex acute, acuminate, or obtuse
. Inflorescences terminal
or panicles. Pedicels 2-bracteolate, short. Flowers sometimes heterostylous, short-pedicellate; bracts absent; calyx persistent
, 5-ribbed, tubular
, with stalked
, capitate-glandular protuberances
triangular, 1-2 mm; corolla salverform
, evenly to somewhat unevenly 5-lobed, lobes spreading
, or truncate
; stamens included
or exserted, free
from corolla; style 1 included or exserted; stigmas 5, linear
. Fruits capsules, included, brownish, long-beaked; valves
coherent at apex. x = 7.
Species 12; tropical and subtropical regions, North America, Central America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa.
Several species of Plumbago are cultivated, including P. auriculata. The entire plant of that species, especially the root, contains plumbagin, a toxic naphthoquinone derivative (oil of plumbago), which may cause severe skin irritation or blistering in humans and may also be toxic to other animals (T. C. Fuller and E. McClintock 1986).
The remarkable glands on the calyces of Plumbago are often called glandular hairs , but they are not true hairs, being much more massive and multicellular structures with enlarged, capitate apices.
Species Plumbago zeylanica
Plants herbaceous. Stems prost-rate, climbing
, or erect
. Leaves petiolate
(to 1.5 cm) or sessile; blade
lance-elliptic, or spatulate
, (3-) 5-9(-15) ×
(1-) 2.5-4(-7) cm, base
attenuate, apex acute, acuminate, or obtuse
Inflorescences 3-15(-30) cm, rachises glandular
bracts lanceolate, 3-7 × 1-2 mm.
calyx 7-11(-13) mm, tube
glabrous but with stalked
; corolla white, 17-33 mm, tube 12.5-28 mm (less than 2 times
length of calyx), lobes
5-12 × 3-3.5 mm; stamens included
Capsules 7.5-8 mm. Seeds reddish brown to dark brown,
5-6 mm. [source]
Plumbago zeylanica and P. scandens, both Linnaean species , have heretofore been treated as distinct , the former name applied exclusively to Old World plants , the latter to New World specimens. John Edmondson (pers. comm. ) indicates that he believes this œcould be a classic case of New World and Old World taxonomists each doing their own thing. Plants in herbaria under these two names appear indistinguishable. [source]
Habit: Shrub , Subshrub , Vine
Flowers: Bloom Period: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December. • Flower Color: light blue, near white, white
Size: 36-48" tall.
Palm groves, thickets, shady hummocks, shell mounds, rocky places in open areas; 0-50 m .
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 10a, 10b, 11. (map)
- Chatton, 1925
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Juss. ex Bercht. & J. Presl, 1820
- A.L. de Jussieu, 1789, nom. cons.
- Leadwort Family
- Subfamily: Plumbaginoideae ()
- Family: Plumbaginaceae () - A.L. de Jussieu, 1789, nom. cons. - Leadwort Family
- Order: Caryophyllales () - Juss. ex Bercht. & J. Presl, 1820
- Superorder: Caryophyllanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Magnoliidae () - Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967 - Angiosperms
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Plumbago scandens Linnaeus
Publishing author : L. Publication : Species Plantarum 1753 (1 May 1753)
Members of the genus Plumbago
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 10 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
P. auriculata (Blue Plumbago) · P. auriculata f. alba (White Cape Leadwort) · P. auriculata 'Alba' (Cape Leadwort) · P. auriculata 'Imperial Blue' (Cape Leadwort) · P. auriculata 'Monite' (White Cape® Plumbago) · P. auriculata 'Monott' (Cape Leadwort) · P. auriculata 'Royal Cape' (Cape Leadwort) · P. indica (Chekkikotuveri) · P. scandens (Devils Herb) · P. zeylanica (Chitra)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A dictionary of the plant names of the Philippine Islands / by Elmer D. Merrill. Manila: Bureau of Public Print., 1903. url p. 103, p. 107, p. 108, p. 28.
- A flora of Manila / Manila: Bureau of Printing, 1912, 1974 printing. url .
- A flora of Manila, by E. D. Merrill. Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1912. url p. 361.
- A manual flora of Egypt / by Reno Muschler. With a preface by Paul Ascherson and Georg Schweinfurth. Berlin, R. Friedlaender, 1912. url p. 1203, p. 727.
- A manual of Indian botany. London, Blackie & Son Ltd., 1920. url .
- A manual of botany, including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, J & A. Churchill, 1887. url p. 607.
- A manual of botany: including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, John Churchill and Sons, 1870. url p. 605.
- A naturalist's wanderings in the Eastern archipelago: a narrative of travel and exploration from 1878 to 1883 /by Henry O. Forbes; With numerous illustrations from the author's sketches and descriptions by Mr. John B. Gibbs. 1885 New York: Harper & brothers, 1885. url p. 509.
- A preliminary catalogue of the Bernice Pauahi Bishop museum of Polynesian ethnology and natural history. .. Honolulu, 1892-93. url p. 49, p. 92.
- A record of plants collected in Southern Rhodesia; arramged on Engler's system. Compiled by Fred. Eyles. Cape Town, 1916 url p. 437.
- A review of the identifications of the species described in Blanco's Flora de Filipinas, Manila, Bureau of public printing, 1905. url p. 56.
- A review of the references to the Hortus malabaricus of Henry Van Rheede Van Draakenstein [sic] Swansea: Printed at the Cambrian-Office, by Murray and Rees, 1839. url p. 49.
- A systematic catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to or growing wild in Ceylon. Colombo: G. J. A. Skeen, 1885. url .
- Across Africa / by Verney Lovett Cameron. New York: Harper & Bros., 1877. url p. 484.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 275.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 423.
- An introduction to the embryology of angiosperms. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1950. url p. 145, p. 354.
- An introduction to the natural system of botany: or, A systematic view of the organization, natural affinities, and geographical distribution of the whole vegetable kingdom; together with the uses of the most important species in medicine, the arts, By John Lindley. New York, G. & C. & H. Carvill, 1831. url p. 193, p. 385.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. Suppl. 3 1910 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 411.
- Bengal plants: a list of the phanerogams, ferns and fern-allies indigenous to, or commonly cultivated in, the Lower provinces and Chittagong, with definitions of the natural orders and genera, and keys to the genera and species. 1 1903 Calcutta: Botanical Survey of India1903. url p. 639.
- Botanical survey of Natal and Zululand. By R.D. Aitken, B. SC., and G.W. Gale, B. SC.. .. Pretoria: The Government printing and stationery office, 1921. url p. 10, p. 15.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1909 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 119.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 380.
- Catalogue of the African plants London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url .
- Catalogue of the African plants collected by Dr. Friedrich Welwitsch in 1853-61. .. London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url p. 634, p. 634.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 414.
- Chiefs and cities of Central Africa, across Lake Chad by way of British, French, and German territories, by Olive Macleod. Edinburgh, W. Blackwood and sons, 1912. url p. 313.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 23 1920-1926 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 1113, p. 325, p. 416, p. 564.
- Contributions to the flora of Siam [Aberdeen]Printed for the University1912- url p. 122.
- Contributions to the flora of Siam. .. / by William Grant Craib. .. [Aberdeen]: Printed for the University of Aberdeen, 1912- url p. 122.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 78.
- Edwards's botanical register. 32 1846 London: James Ridgway, 1829-1847. url , .
- First book of Indian botany. London, Macmillan, 1907. url p. 263.
- Flora Indica, or, Descriptions of Indian plants / by the late William Roxburgh. Serampore: Printed for W. Thacker, 1832. url p. 463.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 109, p. 459.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 308.
- Flora hongkongensis: a description of the flowering plants and ferns of the island of Hongkong. London, L. Reeve, 1861. url , .
- Flora medica; a botanical account of all the more important plants used in medicine in different parts of the world. London, Longman, 1838. url p. 480.
- Flora of Koh Chang: contributions to the knowledge of the vegetation in the Gulf of Siam / Copenhagen: B. Luno, 1900-1916. url .
- Flora of Kwangtung and Hongkong (China) being an account of the floweriing plants, ferns and fern allies together with keys for their determination preceded by a map and introduction, London, H. M. Stationery off., printed by Darling and son, ltd., 1912. url .
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 220.
- Flora of the upper Gangetic plain, and of the adjacent Siwalik and sub-Himalayan tracts, by J. F. Duthie. Calcutta, Superintendent of Government Printing, 1903-29. url p. 2, p. 2.
- Flora of tropical Africa. By Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. London, L. Reeve, 1868-1902. url p. 486.
- General index to the flora of Formosa as recorded in all literature up to the publication of Icones plantarum Formosanarum VI = Taiwan shokubutsu somokuroku / [B. Hayata] [Taihoku]: Taiwan Sotokufu Minseibu Shokusankyoku, 1917. url p. 43.
- Griffith, W. Posthumous papers bequeathed to the honorable, the East India company, and printed by order of the government of Bengal.: Notulæ ad plantas asiaticas /by the late William Griffith; arranged by John M'Clelland. 4 1854 Calcutta: Bishop's college press, 1847-1854. url p. 759.
- Hand-book of Indian flora; being a guide to all the flowering plants hitherto described as indigenous to the continent of India. [Madras?]Trabancore Sircar Press, 1864-69. url , .
- Illustrations of the natural orders of plants with groups and descriptions. Reduced from the original folio ed. London: Sampson Low, Son, and Marston, 1868. url p. 241.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 2 1906 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 134, p. 205.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 15 1995 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 291, p. 70, p. 75.
- Loudon's encyclopaedia of plants; comprising the specific character, description, culture, history, application in the arts, and every other desirable particular respecting all the plants indigenous to, cultivated in, or introduced in Edited by Mrs. Loudon, assisted by George Don and David Wooster. London, Longmans, Green, 1866. url p. 1096.
- Madagascar: an environmental profile IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 370.
- Materials for a flora of the Malayan Peninsula. By George King [and J.S. Gamble]. Calcutta;1889-1936. url p. 296.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 78.
- Minor products of Philippine forests, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1920-1921. url , , , .
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 7 1912-1913 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 321, p. 385, p. 85.
- Occasional papers of Bernice P. Bishop Museum. Honolulu, Bishop Museum Press, 1898-1984. url p. 106, p. 114, p. 24.
- Official guide to the museums of economic botany. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off., by Darling1907 url p. 136.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 177, p. 316, p. 444.
- Plant culture; a working hand-book of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, by George W. Oliver. New York, A. T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Co., c1912. url , p. 87, p. 87.
- Plant culture; a working handbook of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, New York, A. T. De La Mare Co., Inc.[c1921] url .
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 226, p. 82.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 226, p. 82.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 3.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , p. 253, p. 389, p. 697, p. 784.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Queensland. [Brisbane, Royal Society of Queensland]1885- url p. 21, p. 23.
- Report of the Australian Association for the advancement of Science. Sidney, The Association. url p. 319, p. 437.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 162.
- Report: . .. Washington, Blair & Rives, printers, 1838 url p. 122.
- Sketch of the forestry of West Africa with particular reference to its present principal commercial products. London, S. Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1887. url , .
- Sylviculture in the tropics. LondonMacmillan1912 url , p. 50.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 16.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 231.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 237, p. 237, p. 237, p. 248, p. 248.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 55, p. 696.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 236, p. 338, p. 458, p. 512.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 14, p. 174, p. 184, p. 264, p. 401, p. 78.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url , p. 143, p. 212, p. 251, p. 261, p. 327, p. 351, p. 352, p. 353, p. 478, p. 548, p. 618, p. 621, p. 622, p. 624, p. 625, p. 626, p. 627.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 220.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 13 1873 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 111, p. 137, p. 229, p. 267, p. 293, p. 349, p. 36, p. 43, p. 452, p. 473, p. 485, p. 490, p. 523, p. 541, p. 92.
- The Philippine journal of science. 7 1912 Manila. url p. 195, p. 303, p. 331.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 887.
- The Queensland flora: Queensland, Printed by H. J. Diddams & co., 1899-1902. url , .
- The botany of the Kimberleys, Northwest Australia. [Perth, W. Simpson, Govt. Printer]1918. url .
- The commercial products of India: being an abridgment of The dictionary of the economic products of India / by Sir George Watt; published under the authority of His Majesty's secretary of state for India in council. London: J. Murray, 1908. url p. 1177, p. 49.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. 3 1882 London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 481.
- The flora of the American Virgin Islands / N.L. Britton. New York: New York Botanical Garden, 1918. url p. 78.
- The flora of the Northern Territory, Melbourne, McCarron, Bird & Co., Printers, 1917. url , .
- The flora of the presidency of Bombay / By Theodore Cooke. London: Taylor and Francis, 1903-08. url p. 78.
- The flowering plants of Western India. London, W. H. Allen url p. 168.
- The forests and gardens of South India. London, W. H. Allen, 1861. url .
- The journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1832-1936 url p. 467, p. 86.
- The journal of the Horticultural Society of London. London, [England]: Published for the Society, by Longman and Co., 1846-1855. url , p. 146, p. 288.
- The medicinal plants of the Philippines / by T. H. Pardo de Tavera; translated and revised by Jerome B. Thomas. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., 1901. url p. 155.
- The natural productions of Burmah: or, notes on the fauna, flora, and minerals of the Tenasserim provinces and the Burman empire / by Francis Mason. Maulmain: American Mission Press, 1850. url p. 99.
- The useful native plants of Australia, (including Tasmania) by J. H. Maiden. Sydney, Turner and Henderson, 1889. url p. 199.
- The vegetable kingdom: or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the natural system / by John Lindley. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1846. url p. 640, p. 641.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 87.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 2 1881-87 London. url p. 341, p. 363.
- Trees and shrubs of Mexico / By Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1920-1926. url p. 1113.
- United States exploring expedition. During the year 1838, 1839, 1840, 1841, 1842. Under the command of Charles Wilkes, U.S.N... Philadelphia: Printed by C. Sherman, 1844-74. url p. 98.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 405, p. 537, p. 635.
- Wissenschaftliche ergebnisse der Deutschen Zentral-Africa-Expedition, 1907-1908: unter Führung Adolf Friedrichs, herzogs zu Mecklenburg. Leipzig: Klinkhardt & Biermann, 1910- url p. 518, p. 711.
- Working plan for the Changa Manga Plantation. Lahore, 1917. url p. xi.
- [Publications] - Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903-1906. url p. 28, p. 56.
- Peng Ze-xiang (as Peng Tse-hsiang) in Li Shu-gang (as Lee Shu-kang), ed. 1987. Plumbaginaceae. Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 60(1): 1-47.
- Peng Ze-xiang (as Peng Tse-hsiang) in Li Shu-gang (as Lee Shu-kang), ed. 1987. Plumbaginaceae. Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 60(1): 1-47.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 15, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 15, 2007:
- Australian National Herbarium
- , Australian National Herbarium
- Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum, Bishop Museum Natural History Specimen Data
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- Herbarium of the University of Aarhus, The AAU Herbarium Database
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, NSW herbarium collection
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, Plants of Papua New Guinea
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2647419
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-21340
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2481187
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:687109-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 28879
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 21340
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 63712-3
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: PLZE
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 55602
- Tse-Hsiang Pen & Rudolf V. Kamelin "Plumbaginaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 15 Page 190. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Alan R. Smith "Plumbago". in Flora of North America Vol. 5. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Plumbago zeylanica". in Flora of North America Vol. 5. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]