Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Broadleaf Plantain, Buckhorn Plantain, Cart-Track Plant, Common Plantain, Cuckoos Bread, Great Plantain, Greater Plantain, Plantain, Rats Tails, Rippleseed Plantain, Travellers Foot, Waybread, White-Man's-Foot
Common Names in French:
Grand Plantain, Plantain Majeur
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Romanian:
Limba Oii, Pătlagină Mare
Common Names in Russian:
Podorožnik Bol'šoj, подорожник большой
Common Names in Spanish:
Lanté, Lantén, Llantén, Llantén Común, Llantén Major, Llantén
, or mostly acaulescent
herbs, sometimes an undershrub. Leaves usually all radical
, sometimes cauline. Flowers hermaphrodite, dimorphic
, polygamous, usually in many-flowered cylindrical spikes, rarely capitate. Calyx lobes
or 2 large and 2 small. Corolla tube
cylindrical, sometimes contracted
at the throat
, usually equalling the calyx, sometimes exserted, lobes 4, equal, patent
. Stamens 4, inserted
at or above the middle
of the corolla tube, often exserted. Ovary 2-locular or 3-4-locular with false free
septa; locules with 1 to many ovules. Capsule membranous, circumscissile. Seeds usually peltate, testa thin, mucilaginous
, albumen fleshy
A cosmopolitan genus, with approximately 270 species, which is represented in Pakistan by nearly 20 species.
Flowers: Bloom Period: June, July, August. • Flower Color: green
Size: 24-36" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,653 meters (0 to 15,266 feet).
Culture: Space 15-18" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 6.6 • Maximum pH: 9.0
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 3a, 3b, 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Lamianae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Plantago asiatica auct. non L. • Plantago halophila Bickn. • Plantago major intermedia< /i> (Dc.) Arcang. • Plantago major var. asiatica auct. non (L.) Dcne. • Plantago major var. intermedia (Dc.) Pilger • Plantago major var. pachyphylla Pilger • Plantago major var. pilgeri Domin • Plantago major var. scopulorum Fries and Broberg
Publishing author : L. Publication : Sp. Pl. 1: 112 (-113) 1753 [1 May 1753]
Members of the genus Plantago
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 58 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
P. afra (African Plantain) · P. argyraea (Salt-Meadow Plantain) · P. aristata (Bottlebrush Indianwheat) · P. australis (Mexican Plantain) · P. australis subnuda (Mexican Plantain) · P. australis subsp. hirtella (Mexican Indianwheat) · P. bigelovii (Coast Plantain) · P. bigelovii subsp. californica (Coast Plantain) · P. californica californica (Coast Plantain) · P. canescens (Gray Pubescent Plantain) · P. cordata (Heartleaf Plantain) · P. coronopus (Buckhorn Plaintain Plantago Coronopus) · P. debilis (Weak Plantain) · P. depauperata (Goldeye Rockfish) · P. elongata (Longleaf Plantain) · P. elongata subsp. pentasperma (Prairie Plantain) · P. erecta (California Plantain) · P. eriopoda (Alkali Plantain) · P. firma (Chilean Plantain) · P. hawaiensis (Hawai'i Plantain) · P. helleri (Heller's Plantain) · P. heterophylla (Slender Plantain) · P. hookeriana (California Plantain) · P. lanceolata (Buckhorn Plantain) · P. macrocarpa (Seashore Plantain) · P. major (Broadleaf Plantain) · P. major pleiosperma (Broadleaf Plantain) · P. major var. major (Broadleaf Plantain) · P. major var. polysperma (Broadleaf Plantain) · P. major 'Atropurpurea' (Cuckoos Bread) · P. major 'Giant' (Cuckoos Bread) · P. major 'Rosularis' (Cuckoos Bread) · P. major 'Rubrifolia' (Cuckoos Bread) · P. maritima (Alkali Plantain) · P. maritima var. californica (California Goose Tongue) · P. maritima var. juncoides (Goose Tongue) · P. media (Hoary Plantain) · P. media stepposa (Hoary Plantain) · P. moorei (Moore's Plantain) · P. ovata (Desert Indianwheat) · P. pachyphylla (Maui Plantain) · P. patagonica (Indian Wheat) · P. princeps (Ale) · P. princeps var. anomala (Ale) · P. princeps var. laxiflora (Ale) · P. princeps var. longibracteata (Ale) · P. princeps var. princeps (Ale) · P. psyllium (Dark Psyllium) · P. pusilla (Dwarf Plantain) · P. rhodosperma (Redseed Indianwheat) · P. rugelii (Black-Seed Plantain) · P. rugelii var. asperula (Blackseed Plantain) · P. rugelii var. rugelii (Blackseed Plantain) · P. sparsiflora (Pineland Plantain) · P. subnuda (Tall Coastal Plantain) · P. tweedyi (Tweedy Plantain) · P. virginica (Hoary Plantain) · P. wrightiana (Wright Plantain)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Flora of Glacier National Park, Montana, by Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921. url p. 411.
- A List of plants of Formosa. Taiwan1910 url p. 88.
- A Yosemite flora; a descriptive account of the ferns and flowering plants, including the trees, of the Yosemite National Park; with simple keys for their identification. .. by Harvey Monroe Hall and Carlotta Case Hall. San Francisco, Elder, 1912. url p. 231.
- A bibliographic enumeration of Bornean plants, by E. D. Merrill. Singapore, Printed by Fraser & Neave, ltd., 1921 url p. 543, p. 543.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 112.
- A botanical exploration of the north shore of the gulf of St. Lawrence including an annotated list of the species of vascular plants, Ottawa, F. A. Acland, printer, 1922. url p. 108, p. 26, p. 28.
- A botanical survey of the Galapagos Islands, by Alban Stewart. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences, 1911. url p. 143.
- A botanical survey of the Sugar Grove region / by Robert F. Griggs. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 333.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 110.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 519.
- A flora of northwest America, containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia. Portland, Or., 1903. url .
- A flora of northwest America: containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia / by Thomas Howell. Vol. 1, Phanerogamae. Portland, Or.: [s.n.], 1903. url p. 561, p. 561.
- A flora of the islands of Jersey, with a list of the plants of the Channel Islands in general, and remarks upon their distribution and geographical affinities. London, West, Newman, 1903. url .
- A glossary of botanic terms with their derivation and accent. By Benjamin Daydon Jackson. .. London, Duckworth; url p. 330.
- A glossary of botanic terms, with their derivation and accent. London, Duckworth & Co.;1905. url .
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 172.
- A guide to the wild flowers east of the Mississippi and north of Virginia / by Norman Taylor. New York: Greenberg, 1928. url p. 95.
- A handbook of systematic botany; with a revision of the fungi, by E. Knoblauch; tr. and ed. by M.C. Potter. London, Swan url p. 531.
- A history of gardening in England, London, J. Murray, 1910. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url fig. 430, p. 740.
- A manual of the flora of northern Idaho /Carl Epling and Joe Ewan. 3 1941 1941. url p. 594.
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 391.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url .
- A narrative history of the town of Cohasset, Massachusetts. [Cohasset]Committee on Town History, 1898-1956. url p. 547.
- A naturalist in Western China: with vasculum, camera, and gun, being some account of eleven year's travel, exploration, and observation in the more remote parts of the flowery kingdom; with an introduction by Charles Sprague Sargent. London, Methuen url p. 11, p. 222.
- A naturalist in western China, with vasculum, camera, and gun; being some account of eleven years' travel, exploration, and observation in the more remote parts of the Flowery kingdom, by Ernest Henry Wilson...with an introduction by Charles Sprague Sargent...With one hundred and one full-page illustrations and a map. London, Methuen & co., ltd. url p. 11, p. 222, p. 63.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 132.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 132.
- A note book for practical biology. Cambridge, Biological laboratory, 1914. url .
- A preliminary catalogue of the flora of Vancouver and Queen Charlotte Islands. Victoria, B.C., Printed by W. H. Cullin, 1921. url p. 76.
- A preliminary report on the biology of Harding County, northwestern South Dakota / by Stephen S. Visher. Pierre, S.D.: State Publishing Co., 1914. url p. 59.
- A provisional list of the parasitic fungi of Wisconsin. Madison, 1914 url p. 853, p. 855, p. 875, p. 957.
- A review of the identifications of the species described in Blanco's Flora de Filipinas, Manila, Bureau of public printing, 1905. url p. 70.
- A school flora: for the use of elementary botanical classes / by W. Marshall Watts. New York: Longmans, Green, 1910. url p. 122.
- A text-book of botany and pharmacognosy: intended for the use of students of pharmacy, as a reference book for pharmacists, and a handbook for food and drug analysts / by Henry Kraemer. Philadelphia & London: J. B. Lippincott company[c1910] url p. 378, p. 413.
- A text-book of botany, by Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. Fritz Noll. .. [and] Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1908. url p. 28.
- A university text-book of botany. New York, Macmillan, 1910. url p. 516, p. 571.
- A vegetation index of biotic integrity for small-order streams in southwest Montana and a floristic quality assessment for western Montana wetlands / [Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005]. url , .
- Agricultural index. New York, H. W. Wilson Co. url p. 844.
- Agronomy; a course in practical gardening for high schools, by Willard Nelson Clute. .. Boston, Ginn and Company, [c1913] url p. 171.
- American forestry. Washington, D.C.: American Forestry Association, 1910-1923. url p. 165, p. 343.
- American honey plants; together with those which are of special value to the beekeeper as sources of pollen. Hamilton, Ill., American Bee Journal, 1920. url p. 294.
- American plants. .. [Descriptions, bibliographical notes, synonymy, and other information, comp. from many sources] Charles Russell Orcutt, editor. San Diego, Calif., -1910. url p. 239, p. 747.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 491.
- An enumeration of the vascular plants known from Surinam: together with their distribution and synonymy / by A. Pulle. Leiden: E. J. Brill, 1906. url p. 436, p. 544.
- An illustrated descriptive catalogue of the coleoptera or beetles (exclusive of the Rhynchophora) known to occur in Indiana: with bibliography and descriptions of new species / Indianapolis: Nature Pub. Co., . url .
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 1111.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 245, p. 246.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 581.
- An introduction to historical plant geography, by E. V. Wulff. .. authorized translation by Elizabeth Brissenden. Foreword by Elmer D. Merrill. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Co., 1943. url p. 127, p. 219.
- Annals of applied biology. [Wellesbourne, Warwick, etc.]Association of Applied Biologists [etc.] url p. 145, p. 146.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America. [College Park, Md., etc.]: Entomological Society of America. url p. 282, p. 425, p. 499.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 638.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 122, p. 27.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 694, p. 696.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url , , p. 694, p. 696.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 1535, p. 1536.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 29 - 41 1957 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 20, p. 20, p. 31, p. 39.
- Bergen's botany, key and flora. Northern and central states ed. By Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 226.
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 27 1979 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 285, p. 303.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 202, p. 211, p. 311, p. 336, p. 96.
- Botanical survey of the Ruby Range, Madison County, Montana, Dillon Resource Area, Bureau of Land Management / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst [et. al].; prepared for United States Department of Interior, Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 177.
- Botany of the Bermudas / by H.B. Small. Hamilton, Bermuda: S. Nelmes, 1913. url p. 51, p. 83.
- Botany of the Bermudas, Hamilton, BermudaS. Nelmes, 1913. url , .
- Botany of the living plant, by F. O. Bower. London, Macmillan and Co., limited, 1919. url p. 296, p. 296.
- Botany of the living plant, by F.O. Bower. In the third edition he was assisted by J.M.F. Drummond, and George Bond, in this fourth edition by C.W. Wardlaw. London, Macmillan and Co., ltd., 1947. url p. 332.
- Botany of the living plant. London, Macmillan, 1919. url p. 296.
- Botany, developmental and descriptive. Philadelphia, Lea, 1922. url p. 173.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 4 1964 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 25, p. 31.
- British grasses and their employment in agriculture, Cambridge, University press, 1917. url .
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 295, p. 295, p. 298, p. 298.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , .
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 6 1922 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 37, p. 81.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 665, p. 666.
- Bulletin - State Geological and Natural History Survey of Connecticut. [Hartford]State Geological and Natural History Survey of Connecticut, 1904- url p. 197, p. 781.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 333.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 102, p. 102, p. 103, p. 103, p. 158, p. 158.
- Bulletin of entomological research. Farnham Royal: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux. url p. 29, p. 489.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 328, p. 380.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 60.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 219.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 372, p. 376, p. 461, p. 81.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 372, p. 376, p. 461, p. 81.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 360.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 357.
- Chinese materia medica. extensively revised from F. Porter Smith's work by G. A. Stuart. Shanghai?: Presbyterian Mission Press?, 1911? url p. 324, p. 335, p. 392, p. 51.
- Circle west vegetation baseline study: final report / by Richard Prodgers. Helena: Energy Division, Montana Dept. of Natural Resources and Conservation,  url p. 103, p. 107.
- Colonsay, one of the Hebrides, its plants: their local names and usses--legends, ruins, and place-names--Gaelic names of birds, fishes, etc.--climate, geological formation, etc. By Murdoch McNeill. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1910. url p. 159.
- Commercial feeding stuffs of the United States: their chemical and microscopical examination. By J.K. Haywood. .. and H.J. Warner. .. with the collaboration of B.J. Howard. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1908. url , , p. 6, p. 81, p. 82, p. 85, p. 86.
- Common weeds / by Paul C. Standley, Assoc. Curator of the Herbarium. Chicago:Field Museum of Natural History, 1934. url p. 17.
- Common weeds of the Canadian Prairies; Ottawa, Queen's Printer, 1963. url p. 11, p. 52, p. 69.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url , p. 369.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url , , .
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url .
- Contributions from the Osborn Botanical Laboratory. [New Haven?]Osborn Botanical Laboratory, Yale University, url p. 302, p. 335.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 11 1973 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 116, p. 67.
- Contributions to a science of nematology, by N. A. Cobb. Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins Co., 1914- url p. 407.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 315.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1363.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 163, p. 439, p. 456, p. 462, p. 510.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 381, p. 387, p. 438, p. 93.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 16, p. 67, p. 72.
- Early British botanists and their gardens, based on unpublished writings of Goodyer, Tradescant, and others, by R. T. Gunther. With nine plates and twenty-one other illustrations. Oxford, Printed by F. Hall for the author at the University Press, 1922. url p. 301.
- Edmonston's flora of Shetland: comprehending a list of the prevalent wild-flowers, horse-tails, club-mosses and ferns of the Shetland Isles. Edinburgh; Oliphant, Anderson & Ferrier, 1903. url p. 79.
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- Elementary plant physiology. New York, Longmans, 1906. url p. 64.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 13, p. 14, p. 51, p. 7, p. 71, p. 89, p. 92.
- Essentials of botany. Boston, Ginn[c1908] url , .
- Facts relating to the history of Groton, Massachusetts, by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 17.
- Farm and garden rule-book; New York, The Macmillan company, 1911. url p. 226.
- Farm and garden rule-book; a manual of ready rules and reference with recipes, precepts, formulas, and tabular information for the use of general farmers, gardeners, fruit-growers, stockmen, dairymen, poultrymen, foresters, rur New York, Macmillan, 1919. url p. 226.
- Farm crops, their cultivation and management, a non-technical manual for the cultivation, management and improvement of farm crops, Philadelphia, Chicago, The John C. Winston company[c1918] url .
- Farm weeds of Canada / by George H. Clark and James Fletcher; with illustrations by Norman Criddle. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, 1923 url p. 136.
- Farm weeds of Canada, by George H. Clark and James Fletcher. With illustrations by Norman Criddle. Published by direction of the Hon. Sydney A. Fisher, Minister of Agriculture, Ottawa, 1909. Ottawa: Govt. Print. Bureau,  url p. 136.
- Farmer's cyclopedia: a compilation of such bulletins and reports as are indispensable to the practical farmer. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 541.
- Field and woodland plants / by W. S. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, and Co., 1909 url p. 232, p. 378.
- Field and woodland plants, by W.S. Furneaux. With 8 plates in colour, and numerous illustrations by Patten Wilson, and photographs from nature by the author. London, Longmans, Green, 1911. url p. 232.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url p. 582.
- Flora Costaricensis: Family #200, Acanthaceae by L.H. Durkee, Family #201, Plantaginaceae by William Burger. 18 1986 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1986. url p. 88, p. 90.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 149.
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, Printed for the Society, 1922. url , .
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 359, p. 360.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 359, p. 360.
- Flora of Burlington and vicinity; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation, by Nellie F. Flynn. Burlington, Free Press Printing Co., 1911. url p. 81.
- Flora of Colorado, Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url .
- Flora of Colorado, by P. A. Rydberg, PH. D. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 321.
- Flora of Colorado, by P.A. Rydberg. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 321, p. 321.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1938 Chicago, 1937. url p. 1264.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 241.
- Flora of Guatemala / Paul C. Standley, Louis O. Williams, Dorothy Nash Gibson. 24 1974 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1974. url p. 464.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 206.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 867, p. 868.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 820.
- Flora of Los Angeles and vicinity / by LeRoy Abrams. Stanford University, Cal. 1917. url p. 344.
- Flora of Los Angeles and vicinity, by LeRoy Abrams. Stanford University, Cal., Stanford University Press, 1911. url p. 376.
- Flora of Miami; being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally on the Everglade Keys and in the adjacent Everglades, southern peninsular Florida. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 172.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 103.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 114, p. 58.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 603.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 603.
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 288.
- Flora of Peru / by J. Francis Macbride; B.E. Dahlgren, editor. 13 1937 Chicago, U.S.A.: Field Museum of Natural History,  url p. 272, p. 274.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 91.
- Flora of Vermont. List of ferns and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Vermont Botanical Club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Print. Co., 1915. url p. 246.
- Flora of Winneshiek County. Des Moines: 1906. url .
- Flora of Yucatan, by Paul C. Standley. 3 1930 Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 425.
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 232.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 276.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 256, p. 257.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 347.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 107, p. 507, p. 508, p. 611, p. 65, p. 99.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains: Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P. A. Rydberg. New York: Rydberg, 1917. url p. 805.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url , p. 129.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 333.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 1101, p. 1101.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url .
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 524.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 524.
- Flora of the upper Gangetic plain, and of the adjacent Siwalik and sub-Himalayan tracts, by J. F. Duthie. Calcutta, Superintendent of Government Printing, 1903-29. url p. 261, p. 261.
- Florula Mortolensis. An enumeration of the plants growing wild at La Mortola. Ventimiglia, Billi, 1905. url .
- Flowers and insects; lists of visitors of four hundred and fifty-three flowers, by Charles Robertson. Carlinville, Ill., n.p.1928. url p. 151.
- Flowers of the field. London, G. Routledge, 1908. url .
- Foundations of botany, by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn & co., 1904. url p. 10, p. 389.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Gray's new manual of botany (7th ed.--illustrated) A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1908] url p. 744.
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 744, p. 744.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 454, fig. 1, page 71, p. 81.
- Ground beetles (Carabidae) of Fennoscandia: a zoogeographic study / by Carl H. Lindroth; Joachim Adis, scientific editor. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1989- url p. 476.
- Growth of plants; twenty years' research at Boyce Thompson Institute. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp., 1948. url p. 11, p. 40, p. 456.
- Guide to the autumn flowers of Minnesota, field and garden. [By] F. E. Clements, C. O. Rosendahl and F. K. Butters. Minneapolis, University of Minnesota, 1913. url p. 14.
- Guide to the insects of Connecticut, prepared under the direction of Wilton Everett Britton. .. Hartford, Printed for The State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1911-27. url p. 197, p. 781.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 298, p. 321.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 366, p. 367.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 330.
- Herbals, their origin and evolutiion; a chapter in the history of botany, 1470-1670. CambridgeUniversity Press1912 url , p. 149.
- Herbals, their origin and evolution, a chapter in the history of botany, 1470-1670, Cambridge, University press, 1912. url , .
- Heredity and evolution in plants, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co., 1920. url , .
- Heredity and evolution in plants, by C. Stuart Gager. .. with 113 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co., 1920. url p. 263, p. 95.
- Heredity and evolution in plants. Philadelphia, Blakiston, 1920. url p. 263, p. 95.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 239.
- How to keep bees for profit, New York, The Macmillan company, 1918. url p. 318.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 158, p. 182.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- Introduction to botany, Boston, Ginn and company[c1914] url .
- Introduction to botany. Boston, Ginn url p. 226.
- Introduction to the plant-life of the Oxford district. London, Milford, 1922-25. url p. 87, p. 97.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , p. 38.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 14 1918 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 386, p. 87.
- Journal kept by David Douglas during his travels in North America 1823-1827, together with a particular description of thirty-three species of American oaks and eighteen species of Pinus, with appendices containing a list of the plants introduced by Douglas and an account of h London, W. Wesley & Son, 1914. url , p. 97.
- Journal of Hymenoptera research. Washington, D.C.: International Society of Hymenopterists, [1992- url p. 297.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 332.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 299, p. 495, p. 518, p. 68.
- Journal of entomology and zoology. Claremont, Calif., U.S.A.: Pomona College Dept. of Zoology, [1913- url p. 25, p. 25.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 8-9 1988-1989 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 108, p. 13, p. 14, p. 17, p. 18, p. 19, p. 190, p. 22, p. 23, p. 24, p. 264, p. 271, p. 29, p. 30, p. 31, p. 75.
- Journal of forestry. Washington: Society of American Foresters, 1917- url p. 801.
- Journal of genetics. Cambridge: University Press, 1910-1977. url p. 155, p. 155.
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington [etc., Washington Academy of Sciences] url p. 240.
- Key and flora, northern and central states. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 226.
- Key and flora: northern and central states / Boston: Ginn, 1908. url .
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 416.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 416.
- Lake Superior. [With a narrative of the tour by J. Elliot Cabot. Huntington, N.Y.]R. E. Krieger Pub. Co., 1974 [c1850] url p. 161, p. 189.
- Landmarks of botanical history, a study of certain epochs in the development of the science of botany. Washington, Smithsonian Inst., 1909- url p. 188.
- Landmarks of botanical history; a study of certain epochs in the development of the science of botany. Part I.--Prior to 1562 A. D. Washington, Smithsonian institution, 1909. url , .
- Larvae of owlet moths (Noctuidae): biology, morphology, and classification / by O.I. Merzheevskaya; George L. Godfrey, scientific editor; [translated from the Russian by P.M. Rao]. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1988. url p. 13.
- Leaf-mining insects / by James G. Needham, Stuart W. Frost, Beatrice H. Tothill. Baltimore: The Williams & Wilkins company, [c1928] url p. 187, p. 202, p. 315.
- Leaflets of botanical observation and criticism /by Edward L. Greene. 1 1903-1906 Washington, D.C.: [author?], 1903-1912. url p. 40.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url , p. 72.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 53.
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1084.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 1091, p. 857.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 365, p. 608.
- Memoir / Ithaca, N.Y. url p. 1006, p. 721, p. 722, p. 723, p. 724, p. 742.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 381, p. 387, p. 438, p. 93.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url , p. 122, p. 27, p. 27.
- Minor products of Philippine forests, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1920-1921. url , , , .
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 117, p. 160, p. 214, p. 65.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1965 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 49.
- Miscellaneous publications / University of Michigan, Museum of Zoology. Ann Arbor, Mich.: The University, 1916- url p. 39.
- Miyabe-festschrift, or A collection of botanical papers presented to Prof. Dr. Kingo Miyabe on the occasion of the twenty-fifth anniversary of his academic service by his friends and pupils. Tokio, Rokumeikwan, 1911. url p. 334.
- Money in bees in Australasia. A practical treatise on the profitable management of the honey bee in Australasia, London [etc.]Whitcombe and Tombs, limited,  url .
- Mountain wild flowers of America: a simple and popular guide to the names and descriptions of the flowers that bloom above the clouds / by Julia W. Henshaw. Boston: Ginn, 1906. url p. 379, p. 99.
- Mountain wild flowers of America; a simple and popular guide to the names and descriptions of the flowers that bloom above the clouds, by Julia W. Henshaw. Boston, Ginn, 1906. url p. 379, p. 379, p. 99.
- Mountain wild flowers of Canada; a simple and popular guide to the names and descriptions of the flowers that bloom above the clouds, Julia W. Henshaw. Toronto, Briggs, 1906. url p. 379.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 47, p. 68.
- Nantucket wild flowers / by Alice O. Albertson; illustrated by Anne Hinchman. New York and London: G. P. Putnam's sons, 1921. url p. 355, p. 355, p. 437.
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 40.
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 319.
- Natural history of Hawaii, being an account of the Hawaiian people, the geology and geography of the islands, and the native and introduced plants and animals of the group, Honolulu, Hawaii[Printed for the author by] the Hawaiian gazette co., ltd., 1915. url p. 213, p. 287, p. 521.
- Nature studies (plant life). London, Blackie, 1903. url p. 336.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 111.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1909] url .
- New manual of botany. A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearr. and extensively rev. by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New YorkAmerican Book Co.[c1908] url p. 744.
- North Atlantic biota and their history; a symposium held at the University of Iceland, Reykjavík, July 1962, under the auspices of the University of Iceland and the Museum of Natural History. Editors: Askell Löve and Doris Löve. Sponsored Oxford, New York, Pergamon Press, 1963 url p. 224.
- Observations on the flowering plants, ferns and fern allies growing wild in Marquette County, Michigan, in 1916 and 1917, especially in the vicinity of the Huron Mountain Club. Ann Arbor, Michigan, Published by the University, 1918. url .
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1949 San Diego, The Society. url p. 134, p. 134.
- Oecology of plants: an introduction to the study of plant-communities / by Eug. Warming; assisted by Martin Vahl; prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 131, p. 220, p. 417, p. 9.
- Oecology of plants; an introduction to the study of plant-communities, by Eug. Warming, assisted by Martin Vahl. Prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 131, p. 220, p. 417, p. 9.
- On British wild flowers considered in relation to insects / by Lord Avebury. London: Macmillan, 1909. url p. 10, p. 162, p. 163, p. xi.
- Pasture studies: some results, Bangor [Wales]Jarvis & Foster, printers, 1919. url .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1911. url , .
- Photoperiodism and related phenomena in plants and animals; proceedings, edited by Robert B. Withrow, with the cooperation of Arthur C. Giese [and others]. Washington, 1959. url p. 103, p. 882.
- Photosynthesis and related processes, by Eugene I. Rabinowitch. .. New York, N.Y., Interscience Publishers, inc., 1945- url p. 316.
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 466.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 269.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 146, p. 392, p. 492, p. 493, p. 555, p. 90.
- Plant Form OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS url p. 335, p. 35.
- Plant indicators: the relation of plant communities to process and practice. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url p. 58.
- Plant physiology, with special reference to plant production. New York, MacMillan, 1920. url p. 460.
- Plant sociology; the study of plant communities; authorized English translation of Pflanzensoziologie, by Dr. J. Braun-Blanquet. Translated, revised and edited by George D. Fuller and Henry S. Conard. New York and London, McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1932. url p. 14.
- Plant succession; an analysis of the development of vegetation, Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1916. url , .
- Plant-life on land considered in some of its biological aspects / by F. O. Bower. Cambridge, [Eng.]University Press,  url p. 106, p. 106.
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos. by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url , .
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall. .. with 74 full-page illustrations, 24 being from photographs by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London: A. & C. Black, ltd., 1915. url , p. 277.
- Plant-life, ill. by the author and C.F. Newall. London, Black, 1915. url p. 277.
- Plant-life, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos, by the author and 50 in colour from drawings London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url , .
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 217, p. 26, p. 26.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 255.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 425.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 425.
- Point Lobos Reseerve; State Park, California. Interpretation of a primitive landscape. Sacramento, [State Print. Off., 1954] url p. 91.
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 457, p. 457.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 221, p. 23, p. 282, p. 47.
- Potter's cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R.C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke,  url p. 221, p.
- Preliminary list of plants growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Manchester, New Hampshire. Comp. by Frederick W. Batchelder. Manchester, N. H., Manchester institute of arts and sciences url p. 42.
- Price list of chemical and bacteriological apparatus, chemicals and reagents manufactured and sold by Baird [and] Tatlock (London) Ltd. London, Baird [and] Tatlock, 1914. url p. 1067.
- Proceedings - California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 143.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 66.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 143.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Nova Scotia. Truro, N.S., Entomological Society of Nova Scotia. url p. 16, p. 16, p. 54.
- Proceedings of the Hawaiian Entomological Society. Honolulu: Hawaiian Entomological Society url , p. 171.
- Publication / Institute of Social Anthropology. Washington: U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1944- url p. 140.
- Publications - Puget Sound Biological Station. [Seattle?]Puget Sound Biological Station, University of Washington. url p. 396.
- Rapid ecological assessment of selected state lands in southcentral Montana for plant species of special concern / prepared by James P. Vanderhorst; prepared for Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 10.
- Recent advances in cytology, by C. D. Darlington. With a foreword by J. B. S. Haldane. With 16 plates, 160 text-figures and 81 tables. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., inc., 1937. url p. 228.
- Reise durch einige der mittlern und su?dlichen Vereinigten Nordamerikanischen Staaten, nach Ost-Florida und den Bahama Inseln unternommen in den jahren 1783 und 1784, von Johann David Scho?pf. .. Cincinnati, J.U. & C.G. Lloyd, 1911. url p. 16.
- Report for the year - British Columbia Provincial Museum. [Victoria]; Printed by A. Sutton [etc.], for the Queen. url .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 129, p. 164, p. 166, p. 191, p. 35, p. 38, p. 59, p. 62, p. 68, p. 71.
- Report of the scientific results of the voyage of S.Y. "Scotia" during the years 1902, 1903, and 1904, under the leadership of William S. Bruce. .. Edinburgh: The Scottish oceanographical laboratory, 1907- url , .
- Report on economic biology / by Walter E. Collinge. Birminingham [Eng.]: The Midland Educational Co., 1911- url p. 73.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of S.Y. "Scotia" during the years 1902, 1903 and 1904, under the leadership of William S. Bruce. Edinburgh:Scottish Oceanographical Laboratory, 1907-20. url p. 35, p. 38.
- Rocky Mountain wild flower studies; an account of the ways of some plants that live in the Rocky Mountain region, by Burton O. Longyear. .. with illustrations from nature by the author. Denver, Merchants Publishing Co., c1909 url p. 299.
- Root-knot and its control. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1911. url p. 18.
- Sable Island, with a catalogue of its vascular plants / by Harold St. John. Boston: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1921. url p. 40, p. 46, p. 93.
- Science progress in the twentieth century: a quarterly journal of scientific work & thought. London: John Murray, 1906-1916. url p. 425.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 215.
- Science studies, v.1, no. 1-3. Bozeman, Mont.1905. url p. 123.
- Scientific feeding of the domestic animals, by Martin Klimmer. Chicago, A. Eger, 1923. url p. 44.
- Selected vertebrate endangered species of the seacoast of the United States / prepared by National Fish and Wildlife Laboratory, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. [Washington]: The Service: [for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.], 1980. url p. 6.
- Sensitive plant species survey, Ashland District, Custer National Forest, Powder River and Rosebud Counties, Montana / by Bonnie L. Heidel and Hollis Marriott; for Custer National Forest. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Sensitive plant species survey, Garfield and McCone Counties, Montana / prepared by Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Big Belt and Elkhorn Mountains, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Helena National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jackie M. Poole and Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Helena National Forest. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url , .
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Gallatin National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for U.S. Forest Service, Gallatin National Forest. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 75.
- Sharp eyes; a rambler's calendar of fifty-two weeks among insects, birds, and flowers; by Wm. Hamilton Gibson. .. Illustrated by the author. New York [etc.]Harper & Brothers[c1919] url p. 319.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 1098.
- Soils, their properties and management, New YorkMacmillan1920 url p. 383.
- South African journal of science. [Marshalltown, Transvaal: South African Association for the Advancement of Science, url p. 169, p. 357.
- Spring flora of the Wasatch region / by A.O. Garrett. Salt Lake City: Skelton Publishing, 1911. url p. 90.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 124.
- Structural botany, or, Organography on the basis of morphology. To which is added the principles of taxonomy and phytography, and a glossary of botanical terms. By Asa Gray. New York: American Book Compnay,  url p. 149, p. 219.
- Students' handbook to accompany Plants and their uses / by Frederick Leroy Sargent. New York: Henry Holt, 1914. url .
- Studies on the vegetation of the Transcaspian lowlands, by Ove Paulsen. Copenhagen, Gyldendal, 1912. url p. 110, p. 113.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, Flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / by H. Stuart Thompson; with 33 coloured plates (168 figures) by George Flemwell. London: Dutton, 1912. url p. 249.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / [London]: E.P. Dutton & Co., 1912. url .
- Successful farming a ready reference on all phases of agriculture for farmers of the United States and Canada: including soils, manures. .. / by Frank D. Gardner; with special chapters written expressly for this book by the following authorities Agee. .. [et al.]. [S.l.: s.n.; c1916]. url .
- Successful farming: a ready reference on all phases of agriculture for farmers of the United States and Canada / by Frank D. Gardner. Oakland, Calif.: Smithsonian, 1916. url p. 362.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 13, p. 21, p. 29, p. 47.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 403, p. 44, p. 563.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1287, p. 2181, p. 459.
- The ABC and XYZ of bee culture; a cyclopedia of everything pertaining to the care of the honey-bee; bees, hives, honey, implements, honey-plants, etc.. .. By A.I. Root and E.R. Root. Medina, Ohio, The A.I. Root Company, 1910. url p. 279.
- The Alumni journal. [New York]: Alumni Association, College of Pharmacy of the City of New York, Pharmaceutical Dept. of Columbia University, -1913. url p. 136, p. 8.
- The American midland naturalist. 1 1909-1910 Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 236, p. 83.
- The Asa Gray bulletin. 2 1953 Ann Arbor, Mich. url p. 249.
- The Bahama flora, New York, The Authors, 1920. url .
- The Bahama flora, by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Charles Frederick Millspaugh. New York, The authors, 1920. url p. 406, p. 406, p. 406, p. 406.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 444.
- The British rust fungi (Uredinales) their biology and classification, Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url .
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 54 1940 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url polunin , p. 110, p. 125, p. 132, p. 132, p. 144, p. 162, p. 163, p. 173, p. 175, p. 18, p. 181, p. 184, p. 208, p. 216, p. 217, p. 218, p. 219, p. 221, p. 221, p. 226, p. 23, p. 232, p. 239, p. 280, p. 29, p. 291, p. 298, p. 394, p. 411, p. 437, p. 448, p. 470, p. 503, p. 504, p. 505, p. 52, p. 532, p. 57, p. 579, p. 581, p. 65, p. 66, p. 746, p. 87, p. 89, p. 9, p. 90, p. 92, p. 95, p. 96, p. 96.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 15, p. 16, p. 214, p. 4, p. 62.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 102, p. 181, p. 282, p. 55, p. 637, p. 742.
- The Indiana weed book, by W. S. Blatchley. Indianapolis, The Nature publishing company, 1920. url p. 136.
- The International Phytogeographical Excursion in the British Isles (1911): a record and some notes by various phytogeographers who took part in the excursion. Cambridge: New phytologist, 1913. url p. 34.
- The Journal of agricultural science. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press. url p. 4, p. 510.
- The Journal of experimental zoology. [New York, etc.]Wiley-Liss [etc.] url p. 553, p. 553.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 129, p. 158.
- The Monthly bulletin of the State Commission of Horticulture. Sacramento, Calif.: The Commission, 1911-1919. url p. 341, p. 461, p. 755.
- The Natural history of Juan Fernandez and Easter Island / edited by Carl Skottsberg. Uppsala: Almqvist & Wiksells Boktryckeri, 1920-1956. url , , p. 918.
- The Nature-study review: devoted to all phases of nature-study in elementary schools. Lancaster, Pa.: [M.A. Bigelow], 1905- url p. 118.
- The Philippine journal of science. 10 1915 Manila. url p. 193, p. 195, p. 236, p. 430.
- The Plasmodiophorales; including a complete host index, bibliography, and a description of diseases caused by species of this order, by John S. Karling. New York city, The author, 1942 url p. 70.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 246, p. 341, p. 346, p. 659, p. 662, p. 720, p. 775.
- The Swedish nation in word and picture, together with short summaries of the contributions mades [!] by Swedes within the fields of anthropology, race-biology, genetics and eugenics; a jubilee book given out, with the cooperation of experts commissioned by the Swedish society for race-hygiene, Stockholm, Sweden, Printed by Hasse W. Tullberg co., ltd., 1921. url p. 104, p. 128.
- The Thelephoraceae of North America / by Edward A. Burt. St. Louis, Mo.?: Missouri Botanical Garden, 1914-1926 url p. 298.
- The University of Missouri studies. [Columbia]: The University, 1905-1918. url p. 193, p. 212, p. 367, p. 45, p. 71.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 47.
- The anthocyanin pigments of plants. By Muriel Wheldale. Cambridge, University Press, 1916. url p. 100, p. 154, p. 28, p. 315, p. 99.
- The behavior of stomata. Washington, Carnegie Inst., 1921. url p. 47.
- The biology of flowering plants, by Macgregor Skene. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1924. url p. 25, p. 420.
- The book of nature study, ed. by J. Bretland Farmer. .. assisted by a staff of specialists. Fully illustrated. London, Caxton publishing company[1908?]-1909. url p. 205.
- The botany of Iceland, edited by L. Kolderup Rosenvinge and Eug. Warming. Copenhagen, J. Frimodt, 1912- url p. 322, p. 323.
- The drug plants of Illinois / Leo R. Tehon; drawings by Kay H. Wadsworth. Urbana, Ill.: Natural History Survey Division, 1951. url p. 88.
- The ethnobotany of Chinchero, an Andean community in southern Peru / Christine Franquemont. .. [et al.]. 24 1990 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, c1990. url fig. 12 , p. 16, p. 91.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 174, p. 177.
- The flora of Boulder, Colorado, and vicinity, by Francis Potter Daniels. .. [Columbia, Mo.]The University of Missouri, 1911. url p. 219, p. 45.
- The flora of the American Virgin Islands / N.L. Britton. New York: New York Botanical Garden, 1918. url p. 93.
- The flora of the Dutch West Indian islands. .. by I. Boldingh. Leyden, E. J. Brill, 1909-14. url p. 102, p. 188.
- The flora of the Nilgiri and Pulney Hill-tops / by P.F. Fyson; with 580 full page illustrations and 4 maps by Lady Bourne, Mrs. Fyson and others. Madras: Printed by the Supt., Govt. Press, 1915-1920. url p. 337.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 32, p. 89.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 209, p. 251.
- The grass and clover seed trade in Vermont in 1907-1909 / [by George T. Harrington] Burlington: Vermont Agricultural Experiment Station, 1909. url p. 235.
- The grasses and grasslands of South Africa, Pietermaritzburg, P. David & Sons, Ltd., Printers, 1918. url .
- The journal of the College of Agriculture, Tohoku Imperial University, Sapporo, Japan = Tohoku Teikoku Daigaku Noka Daigaku kiyo. Sapporo, Japan: The University, 1908-1917. url p. 218.
- The killing of plant tissue by low temperature, Columbia, Mo., 1914 url .
- The living flora of West Virginia, Wheeling, Wheeling News Litho. Co., 1913 url .
- The mutation theory; experiments and observations on the origin of species in the vegetable kingdom, by Hugo de Vries. .. tr. by Prof. J. B. Farmer and A. D. Darbishire. .. Chicago, Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1909-10. url p. 22, p. 24, p. 262, p. 264.
- The mysteries of the flowers / by Herbert Waldron Faulkner. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1917. url p. 60.
- The native flora of the vicinity of Cold Spring Harbor, L.I., New York. n.p., 1925 url p. 204.
- The natural history and topography of Groton, Massachusetts / by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 17.
- The natural history of Chautauqua. New York: B. W. Huebsch, 1917. url p. 63.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , , .
- The naturalised flora of South Australia / by J.M. Black. Adelaide: J.M. Black, 1909. url p. 128.
- The nature-study of plants in theory and practice for the hobby-botanist, by Thomas Alfred Dymes, with an introduction by F.E. Weiss. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge;1920. url .
- The new conquest of central Asia: a narrative of the explorations of the Central Asiatic expeditions in Mongolia and China, 1921-1930 / by Roy Chapman Andrews; with chapters by Walter Granger, Clifford H. Pope, Nels C. Nelson, and summary statements by G.M. Allen, R.C. Andrews, C.P. Berkey. .. [et al.]; with 128 plates and 12 illust New York: American Museum of Natural History, 1932. url p. 352.
- The phanerogams of the Juan Fernandez Islands. url .
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 191, p. 256, p. 483.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 107.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 236.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url , .
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 49, p. 698.
- The plants of southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 49.
- The population and feeding ecology of tortoises and feral burros on Volcan Alcedo, Galapagos Islands / 1983. url p. 110, p. 19.
- The principles of plant-teratology. London, The Ray Society, 1915-1916. url , , , .
- The romance of plant life, interesting descriptions of the strange and curious in the plant world, by G. F. Scott Elliot. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott, 1907. url p. 93.
- The science and practice of farming during 1910 in Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland) as seen through the scientific and agricultural press. Rome, Printed by the Unione Editrice, 1910. url p. 135.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 2656, p. 74.
- The story of plant life in the British Isles; types of the common natural orders, by A.R. Horwood. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1914-15. url , p. 137, p. 138.
- The study of plants; an introduction to botany and plant ecology. OxfordClarendon Press1915 url p. 379, p. 405.
- The vegetation and phytogeography of coastal southwestern James Bay / Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum, 1980. url p. 18.
- The vegetation of Mona Island, a paper read by invitation at the twenty-fifth anniversary celebration of the Missouri Botanical Garden, October 15, 1914. St Louis, 1915. url p. 48.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , , , , , , .
- The wayside flowers of summer: a study of the conspicuous herbaceous plants blooming upon our norther roadsides during the months of July and August / by Harriet L. Keeler; illustrated by Mary Keffer. New York: C. Scribner1917. url p. 287, p. xx.
- The wayside flowers of summer; a study of the conspicuous herbaceous plants blooming upon our northern roadsides during the months of July and August, by Harriet L. Keeler; illustrated by Mary Keffer. New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1917. url p. 209, p. 287.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 297, p. 298, p. 475, p. 476, p. 571, p. 664, p. 696, p. 697, p. 698, p. 720, p. 736, p. 787.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , , , , , , , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 297, p. 298, p. 475, p. 476, p. 571, p. 664, p. 696, p. 697, p. 698, p. 720, p. 736, p. 742, p. 787.
- The weeds, poison plants, and naturalized aliens of Victoria. Melbourne, J. Kemp, Government Printer1909. url .
- Threatened Swallowtail Butterflies of the World: the IUCN Red Data Book IUCN url .
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 105, p. 168, p. 174, p. 67.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 14, p. 145.
- Tulane studies in zoology and botany. 24 1983 New Orleans: Tulane University, [1968- url , p. 128.
- Tutira: the story of a New Zealand sheep station / by H. Guthrie-Smith. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1921. url p. 246, p. 249.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 8 1956 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 367, p. 666.
- Useful plants and drugs of Iran and Iraq / by David Hooper. With notes by Henry Field. 9 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 154, p. 219, p. 220, p. 221, p. 238, p. 84, p. 98.
- Uses of plants by the Indians of the Missouri River region / by Melvin Randolph Gilmore Washington, Govt. print. off., 1919. url p. 115, p. 148.
- Vascular plant and sensitive plant species inventory for the highland mountains, Deerlodge National Forest; prepared for Deerlodge National Forest / prepared by Peter Lesica. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 24, p. 45.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 58.
- Vegetation and flora of the Line Creek Plateau area, Carbon County, Montana / prepared by Peter Lesica and the Montana Natural Heritage Program; prepared for USDA Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 28.
- Wanderings in the great forests of Borneo; travels and researches of a naturalist in Sarawak, London, A. Constable & co., ltd, 1904. url p. 113.
- Water plants; a study of aquatic angiosperms. Cambridge, University Press, 1920. url p. 241, p. 431.
- Weed control / Berkeley, Calif.: College of Agriculture, University of California, 1936. url .
- Weeds and how to eradicate them, by Thomas Shaw. St. Paul, Minn., Webb Pub. Co.[c1911] url p. 202.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url , p. 136, p. 165, p. 183, p. 184, p. 197, p. 219, p. 235.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 136, p. 165, p. 181, p. 183, p. 184, p. 197, p. 219, p. 235, p. x.
- Weeds of the North Central States. Urbana, Ill: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture, Agricultural Experiment Station,  url p. 171, p. 280.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url , , p. 38.
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies / by Chester A. Reed. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1910. url p. 322, p. 323, p. 422.
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies. Worcester, Mass., Reed, 1910. url p. 322, p. 323, p. 422.
- Wild flowers of the North American mountains. New York, McBride, 1917. url p. 189, p. 373.
- Woodhawk botanical survey, Fergus County, Montana, Lewistown District of the Bureau of Land Management / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1997. url .
- Woods of northeastern Peru, by Llewelyn Williams. 15 1936 Chicago, 1936. url p. 550.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 19, 2007:
- Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem, Herbarium Willing
- Herbier de la Guyane, Herbier de la Guyane
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Flora of the Stołowe Mts.
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2655435
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-32887
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4395043
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:1127249-2
- GRIN Nomen Number: 28788
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 32887
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 685387-1
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: PLHA5
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 55681
- "Plantago". in Flora of Pakistan . Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 413.340 meters (1,356.102 feet), Standard Deviation = 767.550 based on 2,392 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]