Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Buckhorn Plantain, Buckhorn, English Plantain, Lanceleaf Indianwheat, Lanceleaf Plantain, Narrow-Leaved Plantain, Narrowleaf Plantain, Ribgrass, Ribwort, Ribwort Plantain
Common Names in French:
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Russian:
Podorožnik Lancetnyj, подорожник ланцетный
Common Names in Spanish:
Llantén Menor, Llantén Menor
Common Names in Swedish:
, or mostly acaulescent
herbs, sometimes an undershrub. Leaves usually all radical
, sometimes cauline. Flowers hermaphrodite, dimorphic
, polygamous, usually in many-flowered cylindrical spikes, rarely capitate. Calyx lobes
or 2 large and 2 small. Corolla tube
cylindrical, sometimes contracted
at the throat
, usually equalling the calyx, sometimes exserted, lobes 4, equal, patent
. Stamens 4, inserted
at or above the middle
of the corolla tube, often exserted. Ovary 2-locular or 3-4-locular with false free
septa; locules with 1 to many ovules. Capsule membranous, circumscissile. Seeds usually peltate, testa thin, mucilaginous
, albumen fleshy
A cosmopolitan genus, with approximately 270 species, which is represented in Pakistan by nearly 20 species.
Flowers: Bloom Period: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November. • Flower Color: bronze, brown
Size: 18-24" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,936 meters (0 to 16,194 feet).
Duration: Annual , Biennial, Perennial
Culture: Space 9-12" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 7a. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Lamianae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Plantago altissima auct. non L. • Plantago lanceolata var. sphaerostachya Mert. and Koch
Publishing author : Hook. Publication : Fl. Bor.-Amer. (Hooker) ii. 123,partim
Members of the genus Plantago
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 58 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
P. afra (African Plantain) · P. argyraea (Salt-Meadow Plantain) · P. aristata (Bottlebrush Indianwheat) · P. australis (Mexican Plantain) · P. australis subnuda (Mexican Plantain) · P. australis subsp. hirtella (Mexican Indianwheat) · P. bigelovii (Coast Plantain) · P. bigelovii subsp. californica (Coast Plantain) · P. californica californica (Coast Plantain) · P. canescens (Gray Pubescent Plantain) · P. cordata (Heartleaf Plantain) · P. coronopus (Buckhorn Plaintain Plantago Coronopus) · P. debilis (Weak Plantain) · P. depauperata (Goldeye Rockfish) · P. elongata (Longleaf Plantain) · P. elongata subsp. pentasperma (Prairie Plantain) · P. erecta (California Plantain) · P. eriopoda (Alkali Plantain) · P. firma (Chilean Plantain) · P. hawaiensis (Hawai'i Plantain) · P. helleri (Heller's Plantain) · P. heterophylla (Slender Plantain) · P. hookeriana (California Plantain) · P. lanceolata (Buckhorn Plantain) · P. macrocarpa (Seashore Plantain) · P. major (Broadleaf Plantain) · P. major pleiosperma (Broadleaf Plantain) · P. major var. major (Broadleaf Plantain) · P. major var. polysperma (Broadleaf Plantain) · P. major 'Atropurpurea' (Cuckoos Bread) · P. major 'Giant' (Cuckoos Bread) · P. major 'Rosularis' (Cuckoos Bread) · P. major 'Rubrifolia' (Cuckoos Bread) · P. maritima (Alkali Plantain) · P. maritima var. californica (California Goose Tongue) · P. maritima var. juncoides (Goose Tongue) · P. media (Hoary Plantain) · P. media stepposa (Hoary Plantain) · P. moorei (Moore's Plantain) · P. ovata (Desert Indianwheat) · P. pachyphylla (Maui Plantain) · P. patagonica (Indian Wheat) · P. princeps (Ale) · P. princeps var. anomala (Ale) · P. princeps var. laxiflora (Ale) · P. princeps var. longibracteata (Ale) · P. princeps var. princeps (Ale) · P. psyllium (Dark Psyllium) · P. pusilla (Dwarf Plantain) · P. rhodosperma (Redseed Indianwheat) · P. rugelii (Black-Seed Plantain) · P. rugelii var. asperula (Blackseed Plantain) · P. rugelii var. rugelii (Blackseed Plantain) · P. sparsiflora (Pineland Plantain) · P. subnuda (Tall Coastal Plantain) · P. tweedyi (Tweedy Plantain) · P. virginica (Hoary Plantain) · P. wrightiana (Wright Plantain)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Directory of Neotropical Wetlands. IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 123.
- A User's guide to CERC's Field Research Facility / by W.A. Birkemeier. .. [et al.]. Fort Belvoir, Va.: National Technical Information Service, Operations Division [distributor, 1981] url p. 117.
- A Yosemite flora; a descriptive account of the ferns and flowering plants, including the trees, of the Yosemite National Park; with simple keys for their identification. .. by Harvey Monroe Hall and Carlotta Case Hall. San Francisco, Elder, 1912. url p. 231.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 112.
- A botanical survey of the Sugar Grove region / by Robert F. Griggs. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 333.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 519.
- A first report on the relations between climates and crops. By Cleveland Abbe. Prepared under the direction of Willis L. Moore, chief United States Weather Bureau. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 196.
- A further contribution to a comparative study of the dominant phanerogamic and higher cryptogamic flora of aquatic habit in Scottish lakes / by George West. Edinburgh: R. Grant, 1910. url p. 121, p. 122, p. 128, p. 129, p. 132, p. 80.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 382, p. 429.
- A handbook of British butterflies, being an outline of the distribution of all the British butterflies together with their food plants, times of appearance, and favorite places of resort. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1902. url p. 12.
- A history of gardening in England, London, J. Murray, 1910. url .
- A history of the game birds, wild-fowl and shore birds of Massachusetts and adjacent states: including those used for food which have disappeared since the settlement of the country, and those which are now hunted for food or sport, with observations on their former abundance and recent decre Boston: Wright & Potter printing company, state printers, 1912. url p. 582, p. 582.
- A manual of dangerous insects likely to be introduced in the United States through importations. Ed. by W. Dwight Pierce, entomologist, southern field crop insect investigations. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 184, p. 254.
- A manual of the flora of northern Idaho /Carl Epling and Joe Ewan. 3 1941 1941. url p. 594.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url .
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood. With sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from darwings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 200, p. 8.
- A school flora: for the use of elementary botanical classes / by W. Marshall Watts. New York: Longmans, Green, 1910. url p. 122.
- A spring flora for high schools, New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1915] url , .
- A spring flora for high schools, by Henry C. Cowles. .. and John G. Coulter. .. New York, American book company[c1915] url p. 116, p. 25.
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 164.
- A talk on weeds; an address delivered before the county road school, Clinton County, Iowa, 1910, with an appendix describing a few weeds, by L. H. Pammel. .. Ames? Ia., c1910 url p. 16, p. 42.
- A vegetation index of biotic integrity for small-order streams in southwest Montana and a floristic quality assessment for western Montana wetlands / [Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005]. url .
- Agricultural index. New York, H. W. Wilson Co. url p. 844.
- Alfalfa in Kansas: report of the Kansas State Board of Agriculture for the quarter ending June, 1916. Topeka: Kansas State Printing Plant, 1916. url p. 338.
- American forestry. Washington, D.C.: American Forestry Association, 1910-1923. url p. 343.
- American plants. .. [Descriptions, bibliographical notes, synonymy, and other information, comp. from many sources] Charles Russell Orcutt, editor. San Diego, Calif., -1910. url p. 239, p. 746.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 491.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 1111.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 245, p. 246.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 581.
- An introduction to cytology, by Lester W. Sharp. .. New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1921. url p. 372, p. 415, p. 424.
- An introduction to the chemistry of plant products by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green, 1928-1929. url p. 249.
- An introduction to the structure and reproduction of plants, London, G. Bell and sons ltd., 1920. url .
- Annals of applied biology. [Wellesbourne, Warwick, etc.]Association of Applied Biologists [etc.] url p. 146, p. 44.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America. [College Park, Md., etc.]: Entomological Society of America. url p. 461, p. 504.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 639.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 145.
- Annual report of the Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. [S.l.: s.n.], 1907-1925. url p. 39.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1916-1921. url p. 270.
- Annual report of the New York State College of Agriculture at Cornell University and the Agricultural Experiment Station. [Ithaca, N.Y.?], 1911-1971. (Albany, N.Y.: url p. 297.
- Annual report of the Quebec Society for the Protection of Plants from Insects and Fungous Diseases. Quebec: The Society, 1909-1920. url .
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 244.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 244.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 1534, p. 1535.
- Aspects of plant life; with special reference to the British flora. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1921. url p. 120.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 1986-1992 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 14, p. 173, p. 20, p. 27, p. 39.
- Basic slags and rock phosphates, by George Scott Robertson. With a preface by Edward J. Russell. Cambridge: University Press, 1922. url p. 36.
- Bergen's botany, key and flora. Northern and central states ed. By Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 226.
- Bergey's manual of determinative bacteriology, by Robert S. Breed [and others] Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co., 1957. url p. 166.
- Birds of a Maryland farm: a local study of economic ornithology / Washington; G.P.O., 1902. url , , .
- Blakeney Point, Norfolk: topography and vegetation / F. W. Oliver and E. J. Salisbury. London: F.T. Smith, 1913. url p. 33.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 123, p. 133, p. 214, p. 216, p. 248, p. 351, p. 361, p. 39, p. 486, p. 77.
- Botany of the Bermudas / by H.B. Small. Hamilton, Bermuda: S. Nelmes, 1913. url p. 84.
- Botany, developmental and descriptive. Philadelphia, Lea, 1922. url p. 173, p. 226.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 4 1964 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 25.
- British grasses and their employment in agriculture, Cambridge, University press, 1917. url , , .
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url , , , , p. 124, p. 193, p. 90, p. 90.
- British plant-galls; a classified text book of cecidology, London, Methuen & co. ltd. url .
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 263, p. 263, p. 294, p. 294, p. 298, p. 298.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , , .
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 665.
- Bulletin - Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. Amherst, : Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station, 1907-1974. url , p. 40, p. 41.
- Bulletin - State Geological and Natural History Survey of Connecticut. [Hartford]State Geological and Natural History Survey of Connecticut, 1904- url p. 499.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 215, p. 77.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Biological Survey. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1907. url p. 12.
- Bulletin of the Charleston Museum. [Charleston, S.C.: the Museum], 1907-1922. url p. 62.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 25.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 14, p. 15, p. 15, p. 25, p. 25, p. 30, p. 30, p. 66, p. 9, p. 9, p. 90.
- Bulletin, Gulf Biologic Station, Baton Rouge, Louisiana State Board of Agriculture and Immigration., 1902-1910. url p. 30.
- By meadow, grove and stream: an introduction to nature study / by Henry Hilton Brown. .. London: Religious Tract Society, [1907?] url , p. 70.
- Calendar of the letters of Charles Robert Darwin to Asa Gray / Boston, Mass.Historical Records Survey, 1939. url p. 114, p. 119, p. 137, p. 140.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 134, p. 136.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 112.
- Carotenoids, their comparative biochemistry. New York, Chemical Pub. Co., 1954. url p. 337.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 219.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url .
- Catalogue of Lepidoptera Phalaenae in the British Museum / [by George F. Hampson] LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees1913 url p. 342.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 164, p. 177, p. 257, p. 382, p. 654, p. 895.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 177, p. 257, p. 654, p. 895.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 361.
- Commercial feeding stuffs of the United States: their chemical and microscopical examination. By J.K. Haywood. .. and H.J. Warner. .. with the collaboration of B.J. Howard. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1908. url , p. 85.
- Common and scientific names of weeds in Canada = Noms populaires et scientifiques des plantes nuisibles du Canada / Ottawa: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada = Agriculture et agroalimentaire Canada, c2000. url p. 82.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url , p. 108, p. 140, p. 197, p. 359, p. 382, p. 414.
- Comparative morphology of Fungi, by Ernst Albert Gäumann. .. translated and revised by Carroll William Dodge. .. New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., 1928. url p. 24.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url , , , , , , .
- Contents and index of the reports of the State entomologist of Illinois. Stephen A. Forbes. [Urbana?]: The State, 1909. url p. 119.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url .
- Contributions from the Osborn Botanical Laboratory. [New Haven?]Osborn Botanical Laboratory, Yale University, url p. 479.
- Control series bulletin / Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. Amherst, University of Massachusetts. url , p. 4.
- Cultures of Uredineae 1899-1921. n.p., n.d. url p. 23.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1362.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 127, p. 225, p. 353, p. 423, p. 456, p. 505, p. 510.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 381, p. 387.
- Dictionary of biological equivalents, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins company, 1930. url p. 186.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 53, p. 70.
- Effects of mineral levels on physiology and morphology of plants / by Johannes Bernardus Balthasar Brolmann. 1968. url p. 99.
- Embryogenesis in plants. London, Methuen; url p. 261, p. 376.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 179, p. 209.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 14, p. 18, p. 21, p. 34, p. 35, p. 36, p. 51, p. 59, p. 6, p. 69, p. 72, p. 80, p. 81, p. 91, p. 95.
- Essays in geobotany in honor of William Albert Setchell, edited by T.H. Goodspeed. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1936. url p. 7.
- Essentials of botany. Boston, Ginn[c1908] url .
- Essentials of college botany / by Charles E. Bessey and Ernest A. Bessey. New York: Henry Holt and Company, c1914. url p. 115.
- Essentials of college botany, by Charles E. Bessey. .. and Ernst A. Bessey. .. 8th ed. of The essentials of botany entirely rewritten; with 260 diagrammatic illustrations. New York, H. Holt, [c1914] url p. 115.
- Establishment, development, and management of conifer plantations in the Eli Whitney Forest, New Haven, Connecticut, New Haven, Yale University, 1943. url p. 18.
- Experiments in elementary agriculture; Cedar Falls, Iowa, S. E. Green & co., c1915. url p. 6, p. 9.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 25, p. 288.
- Facts relating to the history of Groton, Massachusetts, by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 17.
- Farm crops, their cultivation and management, a non-technical manual for the cultivation, management and improvement of farm crops, Philadelphia, Chicago, The John C. Winston company[c1918] url .
- Farm grasses of the United States; a practical treatise on the grass crop, seeding and management of meadows and pastures, descriptions of the best varieties, the seed and its impurities, grasses for special conditions, etc., etc. New York, O. Judd company, 1909. url , , .
- Farm weeds of Canada / by George H. Clark and James Fletcher; with illustrations by Norman Criddle. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, 1923 url p. 138.
- Farm weeds of Canada, by George H. Clark and James Fletcher. With illustrations by Norman Criddle. Published by direction of the Hon. Sydney A. Fisher, Minister of Agriculture, Ottawa, 1909. Ottawa: Govt. Print. Bureau,  url p. 138.
- Farmer's cyclopedia: a compilation of such bulletins and reports as are indispensable to the practical farmer. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 25.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url fig. 221, p. 439, p. 582.
- Field book of american wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews... with numerous reproductions of water colors and pen-and-ink studies from nature by the author. New York, G.P. Putnam, 1902. url p. 435, p. 547.
- First principles of agriculture / by Emmet S. Goff and D.D. Mayne; introduction by W.D. Hoard. New York: American Book Co., c1904. url p. 128.
- First principles of agriculture, by Emmet S. Goff. .. and D.D. Mayne. New York: American Book Co., [c1918] url p. 148.
- Flora Costaricensis: Family #200, Acanthaceae by L.H. Durkee, Family #201, Plantaginaceae by William Burger. 18 1986 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1986. url p. 88, p. 90.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 359.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 359.
- Flora of Colorado, Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url .
- Flora of Colorado, by P. A. Rydberg, PH. D. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 321.
- Flora of Colorado, by P.A. Rydberg. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 321, p. 321.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1938 Chicago, 1937. url p. 1264.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 242.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 1159, p. 867, p. 869.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 820.
- Flora of Los Angeles and vicinity / by LeRoy Abrams. Stanford University, Cal. 1917. url p. 344.
- Flora of Los Angeles and vicinity, by LeRoy Abrams. Stanford University, Cal., Stanford University Press, 1911. url p. 376.
- Flora of Miami; being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally on the Everglade Keys and in the adjacent Everglades, southern peninsular Florida. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 172.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 103.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 13.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 603.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 603.
- Flora of Peru / by J. Francis Macbride; B.E. Dahlgren, editor. 13 1937 Chicago, U.S.A.: Field Museum of Natural History,  url p. 272, p. 274.
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 232, p. 233.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 276.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 256, p. 257.
- Flora of the Florida Keys: being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally on the islands of the Florida reef from Virginia Key to Dry Tortugas / by John Kunkel Small. New York, J.K. Small, 1913. url p. 136.
- Flora of the Florida Keys; being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally on the islands of the Florida reef from Virginia Key to Dry Tortugas. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 136.
- Flora of the Florida keys; being descriptions of the see-plants growing naturally on the islands of the Florida reef from Virginia key to Dry Tortugas, by John Kunkel Small. .. New York: The author, 1913. url p. 136.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 347.
- Flora of the Patuxent Research Refuge, Maryland / Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Bureau of Biological Survey,  url p. 9.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 107, p. 507, p. 611, p. 68.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 129.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 333.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 1100, p. 1100.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url , .
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 524.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 524.
- Florula Mortolensis. An enumeration of the plants growing wild at La Mortola. Ventimiglia, Billi, 1905. url .
- Food habits of the grosbeaks. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1908. url , .
- Forage plants and their culture, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url , p. 183, p. 579, p. 610.
- Forage plants and their culture, by Charles V. Piper. New York: The Macmillan company, 1914. url , p. 183, p. 579, p. 610.
- Foundations of botany, by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn & co., 1904. url p. 389.
- General index to the reports and bulletins of the experimental farms of the Dominion of Canada, 1887-1901. Ottawa, Printed by S.E. Dawson, printer to the King's Most excellent Majesty, 1902. url p. 125.
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 744, p. 744.
- Gray's new manual of botany. A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, New York, American Book Co.[c1908] url .
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 454, p. 81.
- Ground beetles (Carabidae) of Fennoscandia: a zoogeographic study / by Carl H. Lindroth; Joachim Adis, scientific editor. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1989- url p. 102, p. 226.
- Guide to the Economic Museum of the New York Botanical Garden. New York, 1921. url p. 253.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 879.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 158, p. 236, p. 239, p. 283, p. 298, p. 321, p. 516.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , , , , , , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 367.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 330, p. 372.
- Horses & stables. London, Longmans, 1911. url , p. 59, p. 60.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 239.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 160, p. 182.
- Illinois wild flowers, by John Voss and Virginia S. Eifert. Springfield,  url p. 243.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- Inorganic plant poisons and stimulants, Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press, 1914. url , .
- Insects. Ottawa: T. Mulvey [etc.], 1919-1920. url p. 119.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 189, p. 262, p. 371, p. 733, p. 734, p. 794, p. 891, p. 92, p. 96.
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 1769, p. 1770.
- Introduction to botany, Boston, Ginn and company[c1914] url , .
- Introduction to botany, by Joseph Y. Bergen...and Otis W. Caldwell... Boston, Ginn and company, [c1914] url p. 152.
- Introduction to botany. Boston, Ginn url p. 152, p. 226.
- Introduction to the plant-life of the Oxford district. London, Milford, 1922-25. url p. 71, p. 79.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , , p. 38, p. 94.
- Journal kept by David Douglas during his travels in North America 1823-1827, together with a particular description of thirty-three species of American oaks and eighteen species of Pinus, with appendices containing a list of the plants introduced by Douglas and an account of h London, W. Wesley & Son, 1914. url , p. 83.
- Journal of Hymenoptera research. Washington, D.C.: International Society of Hymenopterists, [1992- url p. 283.
- Journal of Indian botany. Madras: Methodist Pub. House, 1919-1923. url p. 263.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 300.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 24 2004 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 17, p. 19, p. 22, p. 30.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 130, p. 167, p. 167, p. 187, p. 187, p. 61, p. 81, p. 88.
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington [etc., Washington Academy of Sciences] url p. 207, p. 243, p. 516.
- Key and flora, northern and central states. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 226.
- Key and flora: northern and central states / Boston: Ginn, 1908. url .
- Kootenai Falls wildlife monitoring study. Helena, MT: Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation, Facility Siting Division, 1981- url p. 30, p. 30, p. 31, p. 31.
- La biologie des plantes. .. Gene?ve [etc.]E?dition Atar[1917- url .
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 417.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 417.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 417.
- Landscape reclamation: a report on research into problems of reclaiming derelict land, by a research team of the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. GuildfordIPC Science and Technology Press1971- url p. 88, p. 89.
- Leaf-mining insects / by James G. Needham, Stuart W. Frost, Beatrice H. Tothill. Baltimore: The Williams & Wilkins company, [c1928] url p. 315.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url .
- List of Yorkshire Lepidoptera. [By] George T. Porritt. .. London, A. Brown & Sons, ltd., 1904. url p. 106.
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1084.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 857.
- Memoir / Ithaca, N.Y. url p. 721, p. 722, p. 723, p. 724, p. 742, p. 743.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 381, p. 387.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url , p. 122.
- Mineral salts absorption in plants. Oxford, Pergamon Press, 1962. url p. 70, p. 71.
- Minimum areas for different vegetations, their determination from species-area curves. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1949. url p. 62.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 117, p. 214, p. 65.
- Miscellaneous publications / University of Michigan, Museum of Zoology. Ann Arbor, Mich.: The University, 1916- url p. 39.
- Miscellaneous studies in agriculture and biology. BerkeleyUniversity of California Press1919 url p. 111.
- More letters of Charles Darwin. A record of his work in a series of hitherto unpublished letters, ed. by Francis Darwin. .. and A.C. Seward. .. London, J. Murray, 1903. url p. 451.
- More letters of Charles Darwin: a record of his work in a series of hitherto unpublished letters, ed. by Francis Darwin. .. and A.C. Seward. .. London, J. Murray, 1903. url p. 451.
- Morphology of angiosperms (Morphology of spermatophytes, Part II) by John Merle Coulter and Charles James [!] Chamberlain. New York, Appleton & Co., 1903. url p. 107.
- Morphology of angiosperms: (Morphology of spermatophytes, Part II) / by John Merle Coulter and Charles Joseph Chamberlain. New York: D. Appleton, 1909, c1903. url p. 107.
- Nantucket wild flowers / by Alice O. Albertson; illustrated by Anne Hinchman. New York and London: G. P. Putnam's sons, 1921. url p. 354, p. 354, p. 437.
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 40.
- Natural areas inventory, Gates County, North Carolina / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development,  url p. 149.
- Natural history of the ground squirrels of California, by Joseph Grinnell and Joseph Dixon. .. Sacramento, California State Printing Office, 1918. url p. 56.
- Nature studies (plant life). London, Blackie, 1903. url p. 329.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 34.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1909] url .
- New manual of botany. A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearr. and extensively rev. by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New YorkAmerican Book Co.[c1908] url p. 744.
- New methods of plant breeding / by George W. Oliver. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Printing Off., 1910. url , p. 34, p. 38, p. 6.
- North Atlantic biota and their history; a symposium held at the University of Iceland, Reykjavík, July 1962, under the auspices of the University of Iceland and the Museum of Natural History. Editors: Askell Löve and Doris Löve. Sponsored Oxford, New York, Pergamon Press, 1963 url p. 410, p. 423.
- Notes on the flora of western Nova Scotia, 1921 / M.L. Fernald. Cambridge, MA: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1922. url p. 203.
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url .
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 276, p. 621.
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1949 San Diego, The Society. url p. 134, p. 134.
- On British wild flowers considered in relation to insects / by Lord Avebury. London: Macmillan, 1909. url p. 163, p. 164.
- Orchard grass. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1906. url p. 13.
- Our early wild flowers: a study of the herbaceous plants blooming in early spring in the northern states / by Harriet L. Keeler. Illustrated by Mary Keffer and Eloise P. Luquer. New York: Scribner, 1916. url .
- Oxford gardens, based upon Daubeny's Popular guide to the physick garden of Oxford: with notes on the gardens of the colleges and on the University park, by R. T. Günther. Oxford: Parker & son; [etc., etc.], 1912. url p. 259.
- Papers on botany. v.p., 1905-48 url , .
- Pasture studies: some results, Bangor [Wales]Jarvis & Foster, printers, 1919. url , , , , .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1911. url , , , .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, by Martin J. Sutton. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co., limited, 1911. url p. 149.
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 346, p. 774.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 605.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 223, p. 288, p. 310, p. 357, p. 393, p. 41, p. 429, p. 555, p. 70, p. 77.
- Plant Form OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS url p. 270, p. 335, p. 35.
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos. by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url .
- Plant-life, ill. by the author and C.F. Newall. London, Black, 1915. url .
- Plant-life, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos, by the author and 50 in colour from drawings London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url .
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 217.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 255.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 425.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 425.
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 457, p. 457.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 119, p. 140, p. 170, p. 174, p. 189, p. 232, p. 234, p. 254, p. 266, p. 272, p. 278, p. 33, p. 52, p. 61, p. 62, p. 64, p. 89.
- Practical botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen and Otis W. Caldwell. Boston: Ginn, c1911. url p. 131, p. 474.
- Practical botany by Joseph Bergen and Otis W. Caldwell. Boston: Ginn, c1911. url p. 131.
- Practical botany, Boston, Ginn and company[c1911] url .
- Practical plant biochemistry, by Muriel Wheldale Onslow. .. Cambridge, University press, 1920. url p. 95.
- Practical plant biochemistry. CambridgeUniversity Press1923 url p. 111.
- Price list of chemical and bacteriological apparatus, chemicals and reagents manufactured and sold by Baird [and] Tatlock (London) Ltd. London, Baird [and] Tatlock, 1914. url p. 1067.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url , p. 124, p. 19, p. 20, p. 4, p. 42, p. 51, p. 70, p. 71, p. 73, p. 74, p. 76, p. 77, p. 79, p. 83, p. 84, p. 85.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 641.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Nova Scotia. Truro, N.S., Entomological Society of Nova Scotia. url p. 16, p. 16, p. 54, p. 54.
- Reevaluation of vegetational characteristics at the CERC Field Research Facility, Duck, North Carolina / by Richard L. Harris, Gerald F. Levy, and James E. Perry; prepared for U.S. Army, Corps of Engineers, Coastal Engineering Research Center. Fort Belvoir, Va.: National Technical Information Service, Operations Division [distributor, 1983] url p. 16.
- Report of the Canadian Arctic Expedition 1913-18. Ottawa, F. A. Acland, Printer to the King, 1919- url , , , , , , , .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 177, p. 178, p. 191.
- Report. Harpenden [etc.]Lawes Agricultural Trust [etc.] url p. 39, p. 59.
- Rock River area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, Natural History Survey Division, in conjunction with State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, IL: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1996- url p. 129, p. 71.
- Rocky Mountain wild flower studies; an account of the ways of some plants that live in the Rocky Mountain region, by Burton O. Longyear. .. with illustrations from nature by the author. Denver, Merchants Publishing Co., c1909 url p. 299.
- Root-knot and its control. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1911. url p. 18.
- Science and scientists / by the Rev. John Gerard. London: Catholic truth society, 1906. url .
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 391.
- Science studies, v.1, no. 1-3. Bozeman, Mont.1905. url p. 99.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 62.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 1098.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 198.
- Species and varieties, their origin by mutation; lectures delivered at the University of California Chicago, The Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1906. url , , .
- Species and varieties: their origin by mutation / lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo DeVries; edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago: The Open Court; 1906, c1904. url p. 520.
- Species and varieties; their origin by mutation. Lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo De Vries. Edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago, K. Paul, Trench, Truber, 1906 [c1904] url p. 518, p. 669.
- Spixiana. 10 1987 München: Zoologische Staatssammlung München, 1977- url p. 160, fig. 2, p. 236, p. 239, figs. 5-6, p. 80.
- Spring flora of the Wasatch region / by A.O. Garrett. Salt Lake City: Skelton Publishing, 1911. url p. 90.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 126.
- Structural botany, or, Organography on the basis of morphology. To which is added the principles of taxonomy and phytography, and a glossary of botanical terms. By Asa Gray. New York: American Book Compnay,  url p. 219.
- Students' handbook to accompany Plants and their uses / by Frederick Leroy Sargent. New York: Henry Holt, 1914. url .
- Studies of the vegetation of Missouri. .. / By Julian A. Steyermark. 9 1940 [Chicago, 1940- url p. 419.
- Successful farming a ready reference on all phases of agriculture for farmers of the United States and Canada: including soils, manures. .. / by Frank D. Gardner; with special chapters written expressly for this book by the following authorities Agee. .. [et al.]. [S.l.: s.n.; c1916]. url .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 21, p. 29, p. 47.
- Text-book of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 213, p. 254, p. 287, p. 82.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1920] url p. 213, p. 213, p. 254, p. 287, p. 287, p. 82, p. 82.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1289.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url , p. 10, p. 116, p. 276, p. 83.
- The Asa Gray bulletin. 1 1952 Ann Arbor, Mich. url p. 330, p. 415, p. xv.
- The Bahama flora, New York, The Authors, 1920. url .
- The Bahama flora, by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Charles Frederick Millspaugh. New York, Published by the authors, 1920. url p. 406, p. 406, p. 406, p. 407, p. 407, p. 407, p. 407.
- The Biochemical journal. London [etc.]Cambridge University Press. url p. 125.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 444.
- The British rust fungi (Uredinales) their biology and classification, Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url , .
- The Bulletin of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture. Raleigh: State Board of Agriculture, [1907- url p. 11, p. 8.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 110, p. 154, p. 184, p. 222, p. 462, p. 471, p. 522, p. 756, p. 89.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 125, p. 15, p. 151, p. 153, p. 16, p. 17, p. 62, p. 8, p. 93.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 114, p. 118, p. 160, p. 290, p. 401, p. 55, p. 636.
- The Indiana weed book, by W. S. Blatchley. Indianapolis, The Nature publishing company, 1920. url p. 137.
- The Journal of agricultural science. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press. url p. 39, p. 4, p. 50, p. 59, p. 62.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 159.
- The Lepidopterist. Salem, Mass.: Boston Entomological Club, 1916-. url p. 42.
- The Monthly bulletin of the State Commission of Horticulture. Sacramento, Calif.: The Commission, 1911-1919. url p. 755.
- The Natural history of Juan Fernandez and Easter Island / edited by Carl Skottsberg. Uppsala: Almqvist & Wiksells Boktryckeri, 1920-1956. url , , p. 922.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url .
- The Plasmodiophorales; including a complete host index, bibliography, and a description of diseases caused by species of this order, by John S. Karling. New York city, The author, 1942 url p. 70.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 18, p. 274, p. 341, p. 346, p. 524, p. 662, p. 690, p. 720, p. 728.
- The University of Missouri studies. [Columbia]: The University, 1905-1918. url p. 193, p. 212, p. 367, p. 446, p. 45.
- The Victoria history of the county of Kent; ed. by William Page. London, Constable, 1908- url p. 176.
- The anthropology of Iraq. The Upper Euphrates / by Henry Field, Curator of Physical Anthropology. Chicago:Field Museum, 1940 url p. 182, p. 192, p. 196, p. 197.
- The biology of flowering plants, by Macgregor Skene. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1924. url p. 25, p. 331, p. 394, p. 493.
- The book of nature study, ed. by J. Bretland Farmer. .. assisted by a staff of specialists. Fully illustrated. London, Caxton publishing company[1908?]-1909. url p. 115, p. 205, p. 208.
- The book of the Rothamsted experiments. 2d ed., rev. by E.J. Russell. Issued with the authority of the Lawes Agricultural Trust Committee. New YorkDutton1917 url p. 330.
- The botany of Iceland, edited by L. Kolderup Rosenvinge and Eug. Warming. Copenhagen, J. Frimodt, 1912- url p. 300, p. 322.
- The butterflies of Montana: with keys for determination of species, by Morton John Elrod. .. assisted by Frances Inez Maley, A. B. A nature study bulletin, for the use of teachers, students and others who wish to study the butterflies; with one colored plate, twelve Missoula, Mont.: University of Montana, 1906. url p. 73.
- The butterflies of the British Isles / 1906 London: F. Warne, 1906. url p. 101.
- The complete grazier and farmers' and cattlebreeders' assistant. .. originally written by William Youatt. .. considerably enlarged and mainly rewritten in 1893 and 1900 by William Fream. .. London, C. Lockwood and son, 1908. url p. 809, p. 815, p. 921.
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 288, p. 289, p. 432, p. 440.
- The different forms of flowers on plants of the same species. New York, D. Appleton, 1903. url , , .
- The drug plants of Illinois / Leo R. Tehon; drawings by Kay H. Wadsworth. Urbana, Ill.: Natural History Survey Division, 1951. url p. 131, p. 88.
- The effects of cross and self fertilisation in the vegetable kingdom. LondonJ. Murray1916 url p. 378, p. 484.
- The elements of botany. Cambridge, University Press, 1910. url p. 155, p. xv.
- The encyclopedia of microscopy. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp. url p. 82.
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url , , p. 157, p. 67.
- The essentials of botany, New York, H. Holt and company[c1914] url .
- The ethnobotany of southern Balochistan, Pakistan: with particular reference to medicinal plants / Steven M. Goodman, Abdul Ghafoor. 31 1992 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, c1992. url p. 27, p. 83.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 174.
- The flora of Boulder, Colorado, and vicinity, by Francis Potter Daniels. .. [Columbia, Mo.]The University of Missouri, 1911. url p. 219, p. 45.
- The flora of the Gulf Biologic Station. Baton Rouge, Louisiana State Board of Agriculture and Immigration, 1907. url p. 30.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 31, p. 33.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 251.
- The flower and the bee; plant life and pollination, LondonConstable1919 url p. 41.
- The food of some British wild birds: a study in economic ornithology. By Walter E. Collinge. .. London: Dulau & Co., 1913. url p. 80.
- The forage and fiber crops in America, by Thomas F. Hunt. New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1907. url p. 145, p. 217, p. 83.
- The grass and clover seed trade in Vermont in 1907-1909 / [by George T. Harrington] Burlington: Vermont Agricultural Experiment Station, 1909. url p. 235.
- The lipids, their chemistry and biochemistry. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1951-57. url p. 903.
- The living flora of West Virginia, Wheeling, Wheeling News Litho. Co., 1913 url .
- The moths of the British Isles / by Richard South. London; Frederick Warne & Co., [1920?] url p. 127.
- The moths of the British Isles, by Richard South. London, F. Warne & Co., 1907-09. url p. 127.
- The mutation theory; experiments and observations on the origin of species in the vegetable kingdom, by Hugo de Vries. .. tr. by Prof. J. B. Farmer and A. D. Darbishire. .. Chicago, Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1909-10. url p. 138, p. 140, p. 142, p. 16, p. 18, p. 262, p. 264, p. 496, p. 497, p. 500, p. 501.
- The mysteries of the flowers / by Herbert Waldron Faulkner. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1917. url p. 236, p. 59.
- The mysteries of the flowers, New York: Frederick A. Stokes company, [c1917] url p. 236, p. 59.
- The native flora of the vicinity of Cold Spring Harbor, L.I., New York. n.p., 1925 url p. 204.
- The natural history and topography of Groton, Massachusetts / by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 17.
- The natural history of Chautauqua. New York: B. W. Huebsch, 1917. url p. 63.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 135.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , , .
- The naturalised flora of South Australia / by J.M. Black. Adelaide: J.M. Black, 1909. url p. 128.
- The parasitic fungi of New Jersey / by Carl A. Schwarze. New Brunswick: New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Stations, 1917. url p. 120, p. 212, p. 72.
- The phanerogams of the Juan Fernandez Islands. url .
- The physiology of flowering. New York, Holt, Rinehart and Winston url p. 155, p. 24.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 144, p. 187, p. 191, p. 192, p. 228, p. 252, p. 256, p. 301, p. 483.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 236.
- The principles of plant-teratology. London, The Ray Society, 1915-1916. url , , .
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 2656, p. 74.
- The theory of the gene, by Thomas Hunt Morgan. .. New Haven, Yale University Press;1928. url p. 345, p. 331.
- The vegetation of Shackleford Bank / by I.F. Lewis. Raleigh: Edwards & Broughton, 1917. url .
- The vegetation of the New Jersey Pine-Barrens: an ecologic investigation / by John W. Harshberger. Philadelphia: Christopher Sower Company, 1916. url p. 106.
- The viruses; biochemical, biological, and biophysical properties, edited by F. M. Burnet [and] W. M. Stanley. New York, Academic Press, 1959. url p. 404, p. 91.
- The wayside flowers of summer: a study of the conspicuous herbaceous plants blooming upon our norther roadsides during the months of July and August / by Harriet L. Keeler; illustrated by Mary Keffer. New York: C. Scribner1917. url p. 210, p. 287, p. xx.
- The wayside flowers of summer; a study of the conspicuous herbaceous plants blooming upon our northern roadsides during the months of July and August, by Harriet L. Keeler; illustrated by Mary Keffer. New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1917. url p. 209, p. 210, p. 287.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 301, p. 302, p. 475, p. 571, p. 572, p. 654, p. 696, p. 697, p. 698, p. 720, p. 736, p. 787, p. 796, p. 799, p. 810.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , , , , , , , , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 301, p. 302, p. 475, p. 571, p. 572, p. 648, p. 654, p. 696, p. 720, p. 736, p. 762, p. 787, p. 796, p. 799, p. 810.
- The weeds, poison plants, and naturalized aliens of Victoria. Melbourne, J. Kemp, Government Printer1909. url .
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 137, p. 141, p. 173, p. 181.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 203.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 104, p. 145, p. 150, p. 169, p. 178, p. 23, p. 237, p. 71, p. 84.
- Transactions of the Tennessee Academy of Science. Nashville, Williams printing company[1914-17] url p. 84.
- Types of British vegetation, Cambridge, University Press, 1911. url .
- Useful birds and their protection. Containing brief descriptions of the more common and useful species of Massachusetts, with accounts of their food habits, and a chapter on the means of attracting and protecting birds. [Boston, Mass.]1907. url .
- Useful birds and their protection: containing brief descriptions of the more common and useful species of Massachusetts, with accounts of their food habits, and a chapter on the means of attracting and protecting birds / by Edward Howe Forbush; illustrated by the author, C. Allan Lyford, Chester A. Reed, and others. Boston: Published under direction of the Massachusetts State Board of Agriculture, by authority of the Legislature, . url p. 281.
- Useful plants and drugs of Iran and Iraq / by David Hooper. With notes by Henry Field. 9 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 154.
- Vegetation of the Peak District / C. E. Moss. Cambridge: University Press, 1913. url p. 112, p. 113, p. 126, p. 181.
- Vegetation of the Peak District. Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url p. 112, p. 113, p. 140, p. 181, p. 229, p. 263.
- Weeds and how to eradicate them, St. Paul, Minn., Webb Pub. Co.[c1911] url p. 203.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 172, p. 181, p. 197, p. 219, p. 235.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 197, p. 219, p. 235.
- Weeds of the North Central States. Urbana, Ill: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture, Agricultural Experiment Station,  url p. 170, p. 280.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url p. 28, p. 46.
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies / by Chester A. Reed. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1910. url p. 322, p. 323.
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies. Worcester, Mass., Reed, 1910. url p. 322, p. 323.
- Wild flowers. London, Dodge url p. 81.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 14, 2007:
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The New York Botanical Garden, Bronx River Bioblitz
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Joint Nature Conservation Committee - Vegetation surveys of coastal shingle in Great Britain
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2655426
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-32874
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 5304283
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:1214662-2
- GRIN Nomen Number: 28787
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 32874
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 685320-1
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: PLAL3
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 53148
- "Plantago". in Flora of Pakistan . Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 245.740 meters (806.234 feet), Standard Deviation = 528.970 based on 5,788 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]