Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Afrikaans:
Australiese Kasuur, Soet Pittosporum
Common Names in English:
Australian Cheesewood, Cheesewood, Mock Orange, Native Daphne, Orange Pittosporum, Orange-Berry Pittosporum, Sweet Pittosporum, Sweet Pittosporum Pittosporum Undulatum, Victorian Box, Victorian Laurel, Victorian-Box, Wild Coffee
Common Names in German:
, occasionally spiny
. Leaves alternate, occasionally opposite, estipulate; leaf blade
mostly leathery, margin
entire, rarely dentate
. Inflorescences umbellate
, or a solitary flower, bracteate
. Flowers usually bisexual
, sometimes polygamous, actinomorphic
, rarely zygomorphic, usually 5-merous (except ovary) . Sepals usually free
or slightly connate
. Petals free or connate, white, yellow, blue, or red. Stamens opposite sepals; filament
, 2-loculed, dehiscing longitudinally or by pores
. Ovary superior, of 2 or 3( 5) carpels, usually 1-loculed or incompletely 2 5-loculed; ovules numerous
; placentation parietal
, or basilar. Style short, simple
or 2 5-lobed, persistent
or deciduous. Fruit a capsule dehiscing by adaxial
suture, or a berry. Seeds numerous; testa thin; endosperm well developed; embryo small.
Nine genera and ca. 250 species: tropical and subtropical regions of Africa, Asia, Australia, and Pacific Islands, especially Australia; one genus and 46 species (33 endemic) in China.
, or sometimes subshrubs
. Leavs alternate, appearing opposite or pseudoverticillate
, usually clustered at branchlet
apex; leaf blade
leathery or sometimes membranous, margin
entire, undulate-dentate, or rugose
. Inflorescences terminal
, or a solitary flower. Flowers bisexual
, rarely polygamous. Sepals 5, free
, usually short and small. Petals 5, free or partly connate
. Stamens 5; filament
, ± sagittate
, longitudinally dehiscent
. Ovary superior, usually stipitate
, of 2 or 3(-5) carpels, 1-loculed or incompletely 2-5-loculed, pubescent or glabrous; ovules usually numerous
, sometimes 1-4; placentas parietal
and equal in number to carpels, or basilar owing to reduction of ovules. Style short, simple
or 2-5-lobed, usually persistent
. Capsule ellipsoid
, sometimes compressed
, dehiscing by 2-5 valves
; pericarp woody or leathery, usually with horizontal striae adaxially. Seeds usually surrounded by glutinous
or greasy material
About 150 species: Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Sikkim, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam; tropical and S Africa (including Madagascar), SW Asia (Yemen), Atlantic Islands (Madeira ), Australia, Indian Ocean Islands (Mascarenes, Seychelles), Pacific Islands; 46 species (33 endemic) in China.
Habit: Tree , Shrub
Flowers: Bloom Period: January, February. • Flower Color: pale yellow
Size: 30-40' tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,701 meters (0 to 15,423 feet).
Culture: Space 10-12' apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Aralianae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Publishing author : Vent . Publication : Descr. Pl. Nouv. t. 76
Members of the genus Pittosporum
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 42 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
P. argentifolium (Hawai'i Poisonberry Tree) · P. bicolor (Cheesewood) · P. confertiflorum (Ho'awa) · P. crassifolium (Karo) · P. eugenioides (Lemonwood) · P. flocculosum (Waianae Range Cheesewood) · P. gayanum (Waialeale Cheesewood) · P. glabrum (Ho'awa) · P. hawaiiense (Hawai'i Cheesewood) · P. hosmeri (Kona Cheesewood) · P. illicioides (Hai Jin Zi) · P. kauaiense (Kauai Cheesewood) · P. monae (Mona Cheesewood) · P. napaliense (Royal Cheesewood) · P. napaulense (Bhutan Pittosporum) · P. obcordatum (Heart-Leaved Kohuhu) · P. pentandrum (Taiwanese Cheesewood) · P. phylliraeoides (Weeping Pittosporum) · P. ralphii (Ralph's Desertwillow) · P. resiniferum (Petroleum Nut) · P. revolutum (Brisbane Laurel) · P. tenuifolium (Tawhiwhi) · P. tenuifolium tenuifolium (Tawhiwhi) · P. tenuifolium 'Brockhill Compact' (Tawhiwhi 'brockhill Compact') · P. tenuifolium 'Emerald Star' (Tawhiwhi 'emerald Star') · P. tenuifolium 'Garnettii' (Frosted Tawhiwhi) · P. tenuifolium 'Golf Ball' (Golf Ball Kohuhu) · P. tenuifolium 'Irene Patterson' (Kohuhu) · P. tenuifolium 'Silver Sheen' (Silver Sheen Kohuhu) · P. tenuifolium 'Tom Thumb' (Kohuhu) · P. terminalioides (Cream Cheesewood) · P. tobira (Australian Laurel) · P. tobira 'Shima' (Cream De Mint" Dwarf Mock Orange) · P. tobira 'Turner's Variegated Dwarf' (Turner's Pitt" Mock Orange) · P. tobira 'Variegata' (Australian Laurel) · P. tobira 'Variegatum' (Variegated Japanese Mock Orange) · P. tobira 'Wheelers Dwarf' (Australian Laurel) · P. undulatum (Australian Cheesewood) · P. undulatum 'Victoria' (Sweet Pittosporum) · P. viridiflorum (Cape Cheesewood) · P. 'Stephens Island' (Pittosporum) · P. 'Trim's Hedger' (Pittosporum 'trim's Hedger')
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of the Coccidæ of the world. [By] Mrs. Maria E. Fernald, A.M. Amherst, Mass., Carpenter & Morehouse, 1903. url p. 320, p. 77.
- A contribution to our knowledge of seedlings; by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url , p. 200.
- A dictionary of popular names of the plants which furnish the natural and acquired wants of man, in all matters of domestic and general economy. Their history, products, & uses, by John Smith. London, Macmillan, 1882. url p. 58.
- A handbook of the destructive insects of Victoria: with notes on the methods to be adopted to check and extirpate them / prepared by order of the Victorian Dept. of Agriculture by C. French. Melbourne: Robt. S. Brain, 1891-1911. url p. 38, p. 38, p. 38, p. 49, p. 49, p. 49.
- A handbook of tropical gardening and planting, with special reference to Ceylon, by H. F. Macmillan. .. Colombo, H.W. Cave & co., 1914. url p. 397.
- A manual of Indian timbers; an account of the growth, distribution, and uses of the trees and shrubs of India and Ceylon with descriptions of their wood-structure, by J. S. Gamble... London: S. Low, Marston & co. ltd., 1902. url p. 43.
- About trees, shrubs, and climbing plants for South Africa; concise hints on the making of farm plantations, shrubberies. .. Maritzburg, 1919. url p. 89.
- Addisonia: colored illustrations and popular descriptions of plants. New York: New York Botanical Garden, 1916-. url , , , , , p. 69, p. 74, p. 9.
- An annotated catalogue of types of the University of Illinois mycological collections (ILL) / Urbana: University of Illinois Press, c1997. url p. 144.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url , p. 189, p. 240, p. 240.
- Annals of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Peradeniya. Colombo: Skien; 1901-1924. url p. 274.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 10 1899 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 197, p. 96.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 47.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 151.
- Australian bee lore and bee culture, including the influence of bees on crops and the colour of flowers and its influence on bee life. Sydney, W. Brooks, 1912. url .
- Beautiful and rare trees & plants. London, C. Scribner's Sons[pref. 1903] url , , , .
- Beautiful flowering shrubs, London, Cassell & company, ltd.,  url p. 272.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 21.
- Botany for high schools and colleges. New York: H. Holt, 1885. url .
- Botany of the Bermudas / by H.B. Small. Hamilton, Bermuda: S. Nelmes, 1913. url p. 79.
- Botany of the Bermudas, Hamilton, BermudaS. Nelmes, 1913. url .
- Botany. New York, Holt, 1889. url p. 551.
- Bulletin - Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono]Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. url .
- Bulletin / Hatch Experiment Station of the Massachusetts Agricultural College. [S.l.: s.n.], 1888- url p. 320, p. 77.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Division of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1883-1904. url p. 20, p. 20.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1912 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 286, p. 415.
- Catalogue of economic plants in the collection of the U. S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1891. url .
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. CambridgeUniversity Press1908-14 url p. 113.
- Catalogue of the library of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University / compiled under the direction of Charles Sprague Sargent by Ethelyn Maria Tucker. Cambridge: Printed at the Cosmos Press, 1914-1933. url p. 291, p. 705.
- Cloud Forest Agenda. UNEP-WCMC Biodiversity Series 20 UNEP-WCMC url p. 17.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 649.
- Contributions to the Queensland flora / Brisbane: Anthony James Cumming, Govt. Printer, 1890-1920. url p. 35.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1361, p. 1843, p. 1844.
- Edwards, S. T. The Botanical register: consisting of coloured figures of. .. 2 1816 London: Printed for James Ridgway, 1815-1828. url , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 162.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 162.
- Flora of Guatemala, by Paul C. Standley and J.A. Steyermark. 24 1946 Chicago, 1946- url p. 423.
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url .
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 506, p. 562.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url .
- Gardening in California, San Francisco, A. M. Robertson, 1914. url p. 144.
- Gardening in California, landscape and flower, by John McLaren... San Francisco, A.M. Robertson, 1909. url , , p. 144, p. 144, p. 33, p. 33.
- Gardening in Egypt: a handbook of gardening for Lower Egypt, by Walter Draper. .. London, L.U. Gill, 1895. url p. 13, p. 44.
- Gardening. Chicago, the Gardening Co., 1892-1925. url p. 108.
- Gardens, their form and design, by Viscountess Wolseley; illustrated by Mary G. Campion. London, E. Arnold, 1919. url .
- General index to the flora of Formosa as recorded in all literature up to the publication of Icones plantarum Formosanarum VI = Taiwan shokubutsu somokuroku / [B. Hayata] [Taihoku]: Taiwan Sotokufu Minseibu Shokusankyoku, 1917. url p. 6.
- Gray's School and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany" bound in one volume. New York: American Book Company, [between 1895 and 1900]. url p. 69.
- Gray's school and field book of botany. Consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume. New York, American book company, 1901?, c1887 url p. 69.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 266.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url .
- Handbook of hardy trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants. .. Based on the French work of Messrs. Decaisne and Naudin. ..entitled 'Manuel de l'amateur des jardins, ' and including the original woodcuts by Riocreux and Leblanc. Boston, Estes & Lauriat, 1873. url , .
- Hawaiian Pittospora. Some Mexican Coreopsideae. A note on Xylosma hawaiiense Seem. By Earl Edward Sherff. 22 1942 Chicago, 1942 url p. 469, p. 473, p. 475, p. 476, p. 552.
- Hooker, J. D. The botany of the Antarctic voyage of H.M. discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the Years 1839-1843: under the command of Captain Sir James Clark Ross /by Joseph Dalton Hooker. 2 1853 London: Reeve Brothers, 1844-60. url p. 173.
- Icones plantarum formosanarum nec non et contributiones ad floram formosanam: or, Icones of the plants of Formosa, and materials for a flora of the island, based on a study of the collections of the Botanical survey of the Government of Formosa / By B. Hayata. .. Taihoku: Bureau of Productive Industry, Government of Formosa, 1911-1921. url p. 64.
- Indian Museum notes. Calcutta: [Indian Museum]: 1889-1903. url , p. 211.
- Journal of genetics. Cambridge: University Press, 1910-1977. url p. 152.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 27 1926 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 300, p. 32, p. 333, p. 427.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 20, p. 23.
- Meehan's monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany, and kindred subjects. Phila., PA: T. Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url .
- Money in bees in Australasia. A practical treatise on the profitable management of the honey bee in Australasia, London [etc.]Whitcombe and Tombs, limited,  url .
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url , p. 204.
- Nests and eggs of birds found breeding in Australia and Tasmania, by Alfred J. North... Sydney: Australian Museum, 1901-1914 url p. 103.
- New England farmer, and gardener's journal. Boston: George C. Barrett, 1835-. url p. 325.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 9 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 395, p. 413.
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1961 San Diego, The Society. url p. 27.
- Occasional papers on mollusks. 4 1981 Cambridge, Mass.: Dept. of Mollusks, Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University, 1945- url p. 247.
- Official guide to the museums of economic botany. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off., by Darling1907 url p. 18.
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 134, p. 342, p. 54.
- Paper on the eucalypts of Australia / by Christian Hoffmann; read on 6th February, 1873. Montreal: Mitchell & Wilson, printers, 1873. url , , p. 4.
- Papers and proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania. Hobart, Tasmania, The Society. url p. 15, p. 30.
- Parks: a manual of municipal and county parks compiled as a result of a nation-wide study of municipal and county parks conducted by the Playground and Recreation Association of America, in co-operation with edited by L.H. Weir. New York: A.S. Barnes & Co., 1928. url p. 683, p. 685, p. 692, p. 693.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 76.
- Plants in Danger: what do we know? IUCN url p. 25.
- Pollen / by M. Pakenham Edgeworth. London: Hardwicke & Bogue, 1877. url p. 64, p. 64, p. 89.
- Pomona College journal of entomology. Claremont, Calif., U.S.A.: Published under the patronage of Ontario-Cucamonga Citrus Association by the Dept. of Biology of Pomona College, [1909?-1912?] url p. 65, p. 65.
- Practical hints on planting ornamental trees, with particular reference to coniferae... by Standish and Noble. London, Bradbury and Evans, 1852. url p. 165.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 51.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 450.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , , , , , , , , , p. 10, p. 105, p. 12, p. 131, p. 143, p. 149, p. 15, p. 154, p. 157, p. 159, p. 160, p. 160, p. 162, p. 163, p. 166, p. 170, p. 171, p. 176, p. 177, p. 181, p. 181, p. 23, p. 245, p. 249, p. 250, p. 251, p. 253, p. 288, p. 292, p. 296, p. 31, p. 32, p. 330, p. 354, p. 37, p. 387, p. 396, p. 410, p. 428, p. 429, p. 445, p. 61, p. 628, p. 709, p. 710, p. 711, p. 713, p. 714, p. 727, p. 73, p. 731, p. 759, p. 78, p. 84, p. 86, p. 87, p. 88, p. 89, p. 91, p. 97.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria. Melbourne: The Society, 1889- url p. 91, p. 93.
- Report of the Australian Association for the advancement of Science. Sidney, The Association. url p. 204, p. 291, p. 294, p. 296.
- Report on the forests of British East Africa. LondonPrinted for His Majesty's Stationery Off. by Darling1909 url p. 130.
- Second systematic census of Australian plants, with chronologic, literary and geographic annotations; by Baron Ferdinand von Mueller. Pt. I. --Vasculares. Melbourne: Printed for the Victorian Government by McCarron. Bird & Co., 1889. url p. 11.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 407, p. 632.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 258.
- Shade and ornamental trees of California, by Merritt B. Pratt, state forester. Sacramento?1922? url p. 97, p. 97.
- Studies in ornamental trees and shrubs. By Harvey Monroe Hall. Berkeley, The University Press, 1910. url p. 4.
- Technical series. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1895-1915. url p. 193.
- The American flower garden companion / by Edward Sayers. Cincinnati: J. A. James, 1846. url p. 207.
- The Bermuda islands: an account of their scenery, climate, productions, physiography, natural history and geology, with sketches of their discovery and early history, and the changes in their flora and fauna due to man; with 38 plates and over 250 cuts in the text / by Addison E. Verrill. New Haven, Conn.: The author, 1902. url p. 231.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 249, p. 361, p. 460.
- The California horticulturist and floral magazine. San Francisco, Calif.: F.A. Miller & Co., 1870- url p. 132, p. 302, p. 305, p. 305.
- The Cottage gardener. [London: W.S. Orr, url .
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement followed by a description of the plants, shrubs and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1921. url p. 635.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 182.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 602, p. 677, p. 891.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , , , p. 109, p. 121, p. 163, p. 187, p. 200, p. 206, p. 251, p. 260, p. 273, p. 293, p. 320, p. 373, p. 376, p. 440, p. 544, p. 59, p. 594.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1853 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 10, p. 1017, p. 351, p. 785.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , p. 100, p. 106, p. 121, p. 133, p. 144, p. 144, p. 176, p. 177, p. 189, p. 232, p. 24, p. 242, p. 251, p. 260, p. 260, p. 270, p. 290, p. 312, p. 316, p. 329, p. 336, p. 346, p. 36, p. 360, p. 365, p. 367, p. 376, p. 384, p. 40, p. 401, p. 42, p. 501, p. 58, p. 588, p. 60, p. 636, p. 644, p. 645, p. 660, p. 660, p. 663, p. 694, p. 74, p. 740, p. 75, p. 94.
- The Guide to nature. Stamford, Conn.: Agassiz Association, c1908-1935. url p. 309.
- The Horticulturist and journal of rural art and rural taste. Albany, N.Y.: Luther Tucker, 1846-1875. url p. 186.
- The Illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / edited by George Nicholson. ..; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. ... London: L. Upcott Gill; 1887-1889. url p. 154, p. 395, p. 404, p. 408.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 179, p. 328, p. 476.
- The Journal of microscopy and natural science. [London: W. P. Collins, 1884- url p. 162.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 225.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 33.
- The Journal of the Department of Agriculture, Victoria. [Melbourne]:Dept. of Agriculture, Victoria, 1902-1955. url p. 416, p. 417, p. 418, p. 725, p. 727, p. 728.
- The Magazine of horticulture, botany, and all useful discoveries and improvements in rural affairs. Boston: Hovey and Co., 1837- url p. 154, p. 272.
- The New England farmer. Boston: Thomas W. Shepard, 1822-1835. url p. 302.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 261.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url .
- The Queensland flora: Queensland, Printed by H. J. Diddams & co., 1899-1902. url .
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 652.
- The Tasmanian flora. Hobart, Tasmania, J. Vail, Govt. Printer, 1903. url .
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 100, p. 108, p. 150, p. 150, p. 158, p. 170, p. 171, p. 176, p. 71, p. 88, p. 93.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 305, p. 305.
- The cultivated evergreens; a handbook of the coniferous and most important broad-leaved evergreens planted for ornament in the United States and Canada, edited by L. H. Bailey. London, Macmillan & co., ltd., 1923. url p. 397, p. 403, p. 411.
- The florist cultivator, or, Plain directions for the management of the principal florist flowers, shrubs, etc. etc.: adapted to the flower-garden, shrubbery, and greenhouse: with select lists of the finest roses, geraniums, carnations, pinks, auriculas, polyanthuses, tulips, dahlias, heartsease, &c &c.. .. / by Thomas Willats. London: J. Ridgeway, 1836. url p. 216.
- The forage plants of Australia (with illustrations) By F. Turner, botanist to the Department of Agriculture. [Sydney]: G. S. Chapman, acting Government Printer, 1891. url p. 6.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 269, p. 291.
- The handbook to the flower garden and greenhouse / by George Glenny. London: W. Kent, 1859. url p. 220.
- The identification of trees & shrubs; how to recognize, without previous knowledge of botany, wild or garden trees and shrubs native to the north temperate zone, with 2, 500 diagrams made by the author. New York, Dutton url p. 127, p. 156.
- The journal of the Horticultural Society of London. London, [England]: Published for the Society, by Longman and Co., 1846-1855. url p. 248, p. 249.
- The natural history of plants. Translated by Marcus M. Hartog. LondonL. Reeve1871- url p. 361.
- The organic constituents of plants and vegetable substances and their chemical analysis / by G.C. Wittstein; authorized translation from the German original, enlarged with numerous additions by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: MCarron, Bird & Co., 1878. url p. 175.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 2654, p. 2702, p. 2703, p. 2704, p. 381.
- The taxonomy of the Myzini (Homoptera: Aphididae) of the Eastern United States / 1971. url p. 66.
- The timber trees of New South Wales, By Arvid Nilson. Sydney: T. Richards, government printer, 1884. url p. 138.
- The useful native plants of Australia, (including Tasmania) by J. H. Maiden. Sydney, Turner and Henderson, 1889. url p. 199, p. 329, p. 589.
- The uses of plants: a manual of economic botany with special reference to vegetable products introduced during the last fifty years / by G. S. Boulger. London: Roper & Drowley, 1889. url p. 197.
- Transactions and proceedings and report of the Royal Society of South Australia. Adelaide, Australia: The Society, 1880-1889. url p. 106.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Royal Society of South Australia (Incorporated). Adelaide: W.C. Rigby, 1912-1937. url p. 595.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 28, p. 395.
- Transactions of the Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences. New Haven: Published by the Academy, 1866- url p. 643, p. 643.
- Transactions of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society. [S.l.: s.n.], 1843-1920. url p. 36.
- Transactions of the Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: The Society, -1887. url p. 475.
- Trees & shrubs for English gardens. [London]"Country life", 1908. url p. 184.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 1008, p. 333, p. 739, p. 849.
- Chang Hung-ta & Yan Su-zhu. 1979. Pittosporaceae. In: Chang Hung-ta, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 35(2): 136.
- Chang Hung-ta & Yan Su-zhu. 1979. Pittosporaceae. In: Chang Hung-ta, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 35(2): 136.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 15, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 11, 2007:
- Australian National Herbarium
- , Australian National Herbarium
- Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum, Bishop Museum Natural History Specimen Data
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, NSW herbarium collection
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2649457
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-24068
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13742775
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:684734-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 28757
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 24068
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 137503-3
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: PIUN2
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 56493
- Zhi-Yun Zhang & Nicholas J. Turland "Pittosporaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 9 Page 1. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Pittosporum". in Flora of China Vol. 9 Page 1. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 233.930 meters (767.487 feet), Standard Deviation = 408.140 based on 97,964 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]