Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Arabic:
Common Names in Danish:
Mastikstræ, Mastixbusk, Mastixtræ
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Mastic Tree, Aroeira, Chios Mastic Tree, Chios Mastictree, Evergreen Pistache, Lentisc, Mastic, Mastictree, Mediterranean Mastic Tree
Common Names in French:
Arbre à Mastic, Arbre Au Mastic, Lentisque, Lentisque D´espagne, Lentisque Pistachier, Pistachier Lentisque
Common Names in German:
Mastix-Baum, Mastixbaum, Mastixpistazie, Mastrix-Strauch
Common Names in Hungarian:
örökzöld Pistácia, Masztix
Common Names in Italian:
Corno-Capra, Dentischio, Lentischio, Lentisco, Sondrio
Common Names in Portuguese:
Alfostigueiro, Almecegueira, Almestigueira, Almestigueiro, Aroeira, Aroreira, Lentisco, Lentisco-Verdadeiro
Common Names in Slovenian:
Trälja, Vazdazelena Pistacija
Common Names in Spanish:
Arbol De La Almáciga, Lentisco, Llentisclars, Pistachero-Alfoncigo
Flowers: Bloom Period: January, February. • Flower Color: Green • Flower Conspicuous: Inconspicuous
Foliage: Leathery, compound leaves, glossy • Foliage Shape: Oblong • Normal foliage color: Green • Underside foliage: Green • Juvenile foliage: Green • Mature foliage: Green • New foliage: Green • Spring foliage: Green • Summer foliage: Green • Fall foliage: Green • Winter foliage: Green
Growth Rate: Moderate Growing • Size: Moderate-growing large shrub or small tree to 12 ft . tall.
Care: Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system . Watering can be reduced after establishment. Feed with a general purpose fertilizer before new growth begins in spring .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,701 meters (0 to 15,423 feet).
Culture: Space 8-10' apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full sun
Moisture: Water Requirements: Once established needs only occasional water.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
: L. Publication
Pl. 2: 1026 1753 [1 May 1753]
Name Status: Accepted Name .
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Pistacia
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 8 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
P. atlantica (Mount Atlas Mastic Tree) · P. chinensis (Chinese Pistache) · P. lentiscus (Mastic Tree) · P. mexicana (American Pistachio) · P. oleosa (Lac Tree) · P. terebenthus (Silverstripe Shiner) · P. terebinthus (Cyprus Turpentine) · P. vera (Pistachio)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A dictionary of modern gardening. Philadelphia, Lea and Blanchard, 1847. url p. 366.
- A handbook of systematic botany; with a revision of the fungi, by E. Knoblauch; tr. and ed. by M.C. Potter. London, Swan url p. 439.
- A manual of dangerous insects likely to be introduced in the United States through importations. Ed. by W. Dwight Pierce, entomologist, southern field crop insect investigations. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 171.
- A manual of organic materia medica and pharmacognosy; an introduction to the study of the vegetable kingdom and the vegetable and animal drugs (with syllabus of inorganic remedial agents) comprising the botanical and physical characteristics, source, con Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 599, p. xvi.
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 235, p. 325.
- A report on the trees and shrubs growing naturally in the forests of Massachusetts / published agreeably to an order of the Legislature, by the Commissioners on the Zoological and Botanical Survey of the state. Boston: Dutton and Wentworth, State printers, 1846. url p. 499, p. 543.
- A supplement to the Pharmacopia, and treatise on pharmacology in general: including not only the drugs and preparations used by practitioners of medicine, but also most of those employed in the chemical arts: together with a collection of the most useful medical formulæ. . by Samuel Frederic Gray. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1836. url p. 205.
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Ross, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828. url p. 919.
- An encyclopædia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1827. url p. 919.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 1253, p. 730.
- An introduction to pharmacognosy / by Smith Ely Jelliffe. London: W. B. Saunders and Company, 1905. url p. 262, p. 58.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 176, p. 176, p. 253, p. 253, p. 262, p. 319, p. 320, p. 438, p. 94.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 191, p. 347, p. 381, p. 384, p. 385.
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 20 1962-1964 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 241.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 86.
- Botanical features of the Algerian Sahara. Washington, D.C.Carnegie Institution of Washington1913 url p. 20.
- Botany of the southern states. In two parts. Part I. Structural and physiological botany and vegetable products. Part II. Descriptions of southern plants. Arranged on the natural system. Preceded by a Linnæan and a dichotomous anal By John Darby. New York, A. S. Barnes, 1866. url p. 153.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 69.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1903 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 34.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 25 1898 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 358.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 62, p. 69.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 20.
- Catalogue of economic plants in the collection of the U. S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1891. url .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 55, p. 80.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 55, p. 80.
- Catalogue of the library of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University / compiled under the direction of Charles Sprague Sargent by Ethelyn Maria Tucker. Cambridge: Printed at the Cosmos Press, 1914-1933. url p. 111.
- Chambers's information for the people; edited by William and Robert Chambers. London, Chambers, 1884. url p. 367.
- Class-book of botany: being outlines of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants: with a flora of the United States and Canada / by Alphonso Wood. New York: A.S. Barnes & Co.; 1874, c1869. url p. 163.
- Commercial Sicilian sumac. By F.P. Veitch. .. including notes on the microscopical examination of Sicilian sumac and its adulterants, by B.J. Howard. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1908. url , , p. 26, p. 29, p. 7.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 8 1903-1905 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 364, p. 661.
- Curtis's botanical magazine. 45 1818 London; New York [etc.]: Academic Press [etc.] url .
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 202, p. 367, p. 371.
- Elements of agricultural chemistry, in a course of lectures for the Board of agriculture. By Sir Humphry Davy. .. Alexandria:and William F. Gray, 1815. url p. 88.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1306, p. 512.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 405.
- Flora calpensis; contributions to the botany and topography of Gibraltar, and its neighbourhood. By E. F. Kelaart. London, J. van Voorst, 1846. url p. 92.
- Forest products, their manufacture and use: embracing the principal commercial features in the production, manufacture, and utilization of the most important forest products other than lumber, in the United States / New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1919. url .
- French forests and forestry; Tunisia, Algeria, Corsica, with a translation of the Algerian code of 1903, by Theodore S. Woolsey, jr.. .. New York, J. Wiley & sons, inc.; [etc., etc.]1917. url p. 233, p. 55.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1992 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 1319.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 146.
- Herbals, their origin and evolutiion; a chapter in the history of botany, 1470-1670. CambridgeUniversity Press1912 url , p. 197.
- Herbals, their origin and evolution, a chapter in the history of botany, 1470-1670, Cambridge, University press, 1912. url .
- History of the vegetable drugs of the Pharmacopeia of the United States / Cincinnati, O.: J. U. & C. G. Lloyd, 1911. url p. 58.
- Iconographic encyclopaedia of science, literature, and art. systematically arranged by J.G. Heck. Translated from the German, with additions, and edited by Spencer F. Baird. .. illustrated by five hundred steel plates, containing upwards to twelve thousand en New York, R. Garrigue, 1851. url p. 170.
- Insects. Ottawa: T. Mulvey [etc.], 1919-1920. url .
- Introduction to zoology; a guide to the study of animals, for the use of secondary schools; by Charles Benedict Davenport. .. and Gertrude Crotty Davenport. .. With three hundred and eleven illustrations. London, Macmillan company;1900. url p. 68.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 94.
- Journal of Hymenoptera research. 10 Washington, D.C.: International Society of Hymenopterists, [1992- url p. 276, p. 91.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 11 1991 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 268.
- Journal of forestry. Washington: Society of American Foresters, 1917- url p. 844.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 42 1941 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 69.
- Lectures on plant physiology / by Ludwig Jost; authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 334.
- Lectures on plant physiology / translated by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 334.
- Lectures on plant physiology. Authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 334.
- Life, outlines of general bioloy / by Sir J. Arthur Thomson, and Patrick Geddes. London: Harper, [19--?] url p. 907.
- MAB Biosphere Reserves: Site Descriptions, post compilation 5 (October 1990) UNESCO MAB Programme url .
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url p. 142, p. 93.
- Materia medica and therapeutics, an introduction to the rational treatment of disease. London, Cassell, 1884. url .
- Minimum areas for different vegetations, their determination from species-area curves. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1949. url p. 41.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 312, p. 355.
- Notes on Chalcidiæ. .. By Francis Walker, F.L.S. London, E.W. Janson, 1871-72. url p. 35.
- Origin of cultivated plants / by Alphonse de Candolle. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1908. url p. 336.
- Origin of cultivated plants, by Alphonse de Candolle. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1884. url p. 336.
- Origin of cultivated plants. By Alphonse de Candolle. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1902. url p. 336.
- Origin of cultivated plants. New York, Appleton, 1892. url .
- Oxford gardens, based upon Daubeny's Popular guide to the physick garden of Oxford: with notes on the gardens of the colleges and on the University park, by R. T. Günther. Oxford: Parker & son; [etc., etc.], 1912. url p. 64.
- Pharmaceutical botany, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1914] url , .
- Plant hybridization before Mendel, by H.F. Roberts. .. Princeton, Princeton University Press, 1929. url p. 74.
- Plant physiology; authorized English translation by R. J. HarveyGibson; supplement incorporating the alterations of the 2d ed. of the German original. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1913. url p. 334.
- Plant sociology; the study of plant communities; authorized English translation of Pflanzensoziologie, by Dr. J. Braun-Blanquet. Translated, revised and edited by George D. Fuller and Henry S. Conard. New York and London, McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1932. url p. 130, p. 273.
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 397.
- Practical forestry. A treatise on the propagation, planting and cultivation, with a description, and the botanical and popular names of all the indigenous trees of the United States. New YorkOrange Judd Co.1884 url p. 183.
- Practical forestry: a treatise on the propagation, planting, and cultivation, with a description, and the botanical and popular names of all the indigenous trees of the United States, both evergreen and deciduous, togeth New York: Orange Judd Co., 1914, c1884. url .
- Proceedings - Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences. Staten Island, N.Y., Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences. url p. 112, p. 153.
- Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society held at Philadelphia for promoting useful knowledge. Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society url p. 195.
- Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, Mathematical and physical sciences. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society. url p. 148, p. 163.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 362, p. 52.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 272.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 26.
- Protected Areas of the World: a review of National Systems. Vol 2: Palearctic IUCN url p. 369.
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 81.
- Report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1863-1889. url p. 185.
- Report of the Commissioner of Patents for the year 1855. Washington [D.C.]:C. Wendell, 1856. url .
- Reports and papers on botany. London: Printed for the Ray society, 1846-49. url p. 444.
- Riviera nature notes / a popular account of the more striking plants and animals of the Riviera and the Maritime Alps. London: Bernard Quaritch, 1903. url , p. 93.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 62, p. 69.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. Calcutta, Off. of the Superintendent of Government Printing, 1880. url .
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 257.
- Sino-Iranica; Chinese contributions to the history of civilization in ancient Iran, with special reference to the history of cultivated plants and products / by Berthold Laufer -- Chicago, 1919. url p. 252, p. 252, p. 619, p. 619.
- Smithsonian herpetological information service. Washington: Division of Reptiles and Amphibians, U.S. National Museum. url p. 25.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 261.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 440.
- Suggestions received by the Agricultural & Horticultural Society of India for extending the cultivation and introduction of useful and ornamental plants: with a view to the improvement of the agricultural and commercial resources of India / compiled by Henry Harpur Spry. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1841. url p. 12.
- Sylvan sketches; or, A companion to the park and the shrubbery: with illustrations from the works of the poets. By the author of the Flora domestica... London: Whittaker, Treacher and co., 1831. url p. 323.
- Technical series. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1895-1915. url p. 50.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 139.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 181, p. 181.
- The Avicultural magazine. Ascot, Berkshire, etc.: Avicultural Society, etc. url p. 72.
- The British cyclopædia of natural history: combining a scientific classification of animals, plants, and minerals. .. By authors eminent in their particular department. Arranged and ed. by Charles F. Partington. London: Orr & Smith, 1835-37. url p. 717.
- The Cottage gardeners' dictionary: describing the plants, fruits, and vegetables desirable for the garden, and explaining the terms and operations employed in their cultivation; with an alphabetical list of synonymes / edited by George W. Johnson. London: Henry G. Bohn, 1863. url p. 848.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 247, p. 7.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 82.
- The Entomologist. London: Edward Newman, 1840- url p. 228.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 41.
- The Farmers' register. Richmond, Va.: Edmund Ruffin, 1833-1843. url p. 224.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 248.
- The Gardeners' chronicle. 1841 London: published for the proprietors, 1841-1843. url p. 686.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 232, p. 41, p. 492, p. 90.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 8.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 9 1867 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 225, p. 393.
- The Laramie flora of the Denver basin, with a review of the Laramie problem, Washington, Govt. print. off., 1922. url , .
- The Macrolepidoptera of the world; a systematic description of the hitherto known Macrolepidoptera, ed. in collaboration with well-known specialists. Stuttgart: Seitz'schen (Kernen), 1906- url p. 287.
- The Magazine of horticulture, botany, and all useful discoveries and improvements in rural affairs. Boston: Hovey and Co., 1837- url p. 454, p. 85.
- The National Collection of Coccidae / by C.L. Marlatt. Washington: G.P.O., 1908. url p. 50.
- The Philippine journal of science. Manila: Bureau of Science url p. 177.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 36.
- The Popular educator: a complete encyclopaedia of elementary, advanced and technical education. London, Cassell url , .
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 399.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 370, p. 788.
- The agricultural pests of India, and of eastern and southern Asia, vegetable and animal, injurious to man and his products. By Surgeon General Edward Green Balfour. .. London, B. Quaritch, 1887. url p. 27.
- The chemical synthesis of vital products and the interrelations between organic compounds / By Raphael Meldola. London: E. Arnold, 1904. url p. 159, p. 328.
- The desert world. From the French of Arthur Mangin. Edited and enlarged by the translator of "The bird, by Michelet." With 160 illustrations by W. Freeman, Foulquier, and Yan Dargent. London, T. Nelson, 1869. url p. 620.
- The dictionary of science and technical terms used in philosophy, literature, professions, commerce, arts, and trades / by W.M. Buchanan; with supplement edited by James A. Smith. London: G.Bell and Sons, 1884. url p. 643.
- The elements of botany embracing organography, histology, vegetable physiology, systematic botany and economic botany. .. together with a complete glossary of botanical terms Philadelphia, J. E. Potter and Company[c1883] url , .
- The fisheries exhibition literature. .. London, W. Clowes, 1884. url p. 281.
- The fisheries of the Adriatic and the fish thereof: a report of the Austro-Hungarian sea-fisheries, with a detailed description of the marine fauna of the Adriatic Gulf / by G. L. Faber; with eighteen woodcut illustrations after drawings by Leo Littrow, and numerous engravings on stone. London: B. Quaritch, 1883. url p. 104.
- The fundamentals of fruit production, by Victor Ray Gardner, Frederick Charles Bradford and Henry Daggett Hooker, jr. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1922. url p. 579, p. 579.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 296.
- The geography of plants / by M. E. Hardy. Oxford: Clarendon press, 1920. url p. 323.
- The lower Eocene floras of southeastern North America, by Edward W. Berry. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1916. url p. 103.
- The natural history of Pliny. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 269, p. 491.
- The natural history of Pliny. Tr., with copious notes and illustrations, by the late John Bostock and H. T. Riley. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 132, p. 202, p. 260, p. 269, p. 491.
- The natural history review. Dublin: Hodges & Smith, 1854-1865. url p. 103.
- The plant, a biography in a series of popular lectures / by M.J. Schleiden; translated by Arthur Henfrey. London: H. Bailliere, 1848. url p. 64.
- The principles of botany, structural, functional and systematic, condensed and immediately adapted to the use of students of medicine. London, Hightley, 1840. url p. 181.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 3632.
- The trees of America: native and foreign, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described...illustrated by numerous engravings. By D. J. Browne. New York: Harper & brothers, 1851. url p. 178.
- The trees of America; native and foreign, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described. New YorkHarper1846 url p. 178.
- The variation of animals and plants under domestication, by Charles Darwin. London, J. Murray, 1893. url p. 476.
- Third American edition of the British encyclopedia, or Dictionary of arts and sciences: comprising an accurate and popular view of the present improved state of human knowledge / by William Nicholson. Philadelphia: Mitchell, Ames and White, 1818. url .
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 136.
- Transactions of the American Institute of the City of New-York. [S.l.: s.n.], 1852- url p. 427.
- Transactions of the Entomological Society of London. London, The Society. url , p. 193, p. 385, p. 390.
- Travels in Brazil, in the years 1817-1820, : undertaken by command of His majesty the King of Bavaria by Dr. Joh.Babt. von Spix and Dr. C. F. Phil. von Martius / London, Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green;1824. url p. 24.
- Trees and shrubs of Mexico / By Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1920-1926. url p. 661.
- Tropical agriculture: the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url , .
- Tropical agriculture; the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / by Earley Vernon Wilcox. London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url p. 141, p. 370.
- Vegetable substances: materials of manufactures / [published under the superintendence of the Society of the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge]. London: C. Knight, 1833. url p. 422, p. 423.
- Veröffentlichungen der Zoologischen Staatssammlung München. München: Die Staatssammlung, url , fig. 1, p. 59, p. 77, expl. of plate I, expl. of plate III.
- Vorlesungen über Pflanzenphysiologie. Jena, G. Fischer, 1904. url p. 408.
- Wild life of the world: a descriptive survey of the geographical distribution of animals / 2 London; F. Warne and co., 1916. url p. 39.
- Window gardening. Devoted specially to the culture of flowers and ornamental plants, for indoor use and parlor decoration. Ed. by Henry T. Williams. New York, H. T. Williams, 1878. url p. 87, p. 87.
- Window gardening: devoted specially to the culture of flowers and ornamental plants for indoor use and parlor decoration / edited by Henry T. Williams. New York: H.T. Williams, 1872. url p. 87.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 265, p. 576.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 15, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 27, 2007:
- Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem, Herbarium Willing
- European Environment Agency, EUNIS
- GBIF-Spain, BDBCV BioBlitz in Penyagolosa
- GBIF-Spain, Botánica, Universidad de León: LEB-Cormo
- GBIF-Spain, Dirección General de Investigación, Desarrollo Tecnológico e Innovación de la Junta de Extremadura(DGIDTI): HSS
- GBIF-Spain, Dpto de Botánica, Ecología y Fisiología Vegetal
- .Facultad de Ciencias.Universidad de Córdoba
- GBIF-Spain, Herbario Universidad de Málaga: MGC-Cormófitos
- GBIF-Spain, Hortus Botanicus Sollerensis Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Jardín Botánico de Córdoba: Herbarium COA
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad de Almería, HUAL
- Israel Nature and Parks Authority, Israel Nature and Parks Authority
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- SysTax, Herbarium Universitat Ulm
- SysTax, Justus-Liebig-Universitat Giessen
- SysTax, Museu Botanico Municipal
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2670437
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-506468
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2974753
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:70253-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 28647
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 506468
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 70253-1
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: PILE5
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 56451