Herbs or shrubs
, rarely trees
, rarely scandent
, mostly glabrous
, rarely dioecious. Leaves simple
, alternate, entire; stipules absent or tiny. Inflorescences terminal
, or leaf-opposed, racemose, cymose
, or spicate
. Flowers small, bisexual
or rarely unisexual
, rarely zygomorphic. Tepals 4 or 5, persistent
, equal or unequal, imbricate in bud, green or sometimes other colored
. Stamens 4 to many, inserted
on a fleshy
usually persistent, free or slightly connate at base; anthers
, longitudinally dehiscent
. Ovary superior, globose
; carpels 1 to many, free or connate; ovule solitary in each carpel, basal, campylotropous. Styles persistent, short or absent, erect or curved
, as many as carpels. Fruit fleshy, a berry or drupe, rarely a capsule. Seeds reniform
, small; testa membranous or hard and fragile, smooth
or wrinkly; embryo large, curved, surrounding copious
Seventeen genera and ca. 70 species: widespread in tropical and temperate regions , especially in the neotropics and S Africa; two genera (one introduced ) and five species (one endemic, two introduced) in China.
. Leaves alternate. Inflorescences axillary
, or leaf-opposed racemes
or spikes, 5-100-flowered, proximalmost pedicels sometimes bearing more than 1 flower. Flowers: sepals 5-8; stamens (7-) 8-25(-30), sometimes in 1-2 whorls; carpels 6-12(-30), distinct
at least proximally; if connate, ovary 6-12-loculed; style and stigma 1 per carpel. Fruits either oblate
, style persisting in ring
at apex, or group of lenticular
achenes. Seeds 6-12(-30) per berry or 1 per achene.
Species ca. 25: North America, Mexico, West Indies, Central America, South America, Eurasia , Africa, Pacific Islands, Australia.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Perleb, 1826
- Suborder: Phytolaccineae ()
- Order: Caryophyllales () - Perleb, 1826
- Superorder: Caryophyllanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Caryophyllidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Publishing author : L. Publication : Sp. Pl., ed. 2. 1: 631 1762 [Sep 1762]
Members of the genus Phytolacca
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 17 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
P. americana (American Pokeweed) · P. americana var. americana (American Pokeweed) · P. americana var. lancifolia (Virginia Poke) · P. americana var. rigida (American Pokeweed) · P. americana 'Silberstein' (Speckled Poke) · P. americana 'Variegata' (Variegated American Pokeweed) · P. bogotensis (Pokeweed) · P. decandra var. americana (Pokeweeds) · P. dioica (Beautiful Shade) · P. dioica x weberbaueri (Ombu Tree) · P. dodecandra (Pokeweed) · P. heteropetala (Mexican Pokeweed) · P. icosandra (Phytolacca) · P. octandra (Himalayan Pokeweed) · P. polyandra (Batal) · P. rivinoides (Venezuelan Pokeweed) · P. sandwicensis (Hawai'i Pokeweed)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A botanical survey of the Galapagos Islands, by Alban Stewart. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences, 1911. url p. 60.
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and vascular cryptogams, found in and near Lackawanna and Wyoming valleys, by William R. Dudley...and Charles O. Thurston...1892. Wilkes-Barre, Pa., E. B. Yordy, 1892. url .
- A catalogue on the flora of Detroit / by O.A. Farwell. Lansing?: s.n., 1901 url p. 46.
- A comparison of small mammals of the deciduous forest and old field habitats of Sweet Briar, Virginia / by Catherine E. Harold. 1979. url .
- A contribution to our knowledge of seedlings; by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url .
- A contribution to the botany of the Isle of Pines, Cuba, based upon the specimens of plants from that island contained in the herbarium of the Carnegie Museum under date of October, 1916. By O.E. Jennings. n.p., 1917 url p. 115.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 142.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 559.
- A first report on the relations between climates and crops. By Cleveland Abbe. Washington [D.C.]: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 206.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 459.
- A flora of northwest America, containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia. Portland, Or., 1903. url .
- A flora of northwest America: containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia / by Thomas Howell. Vol. 1, Phanerogamae. Portland, Or.: [s.n.], 1903. url p. 589.
- A guide to the poisonous plants and weed seeds of Canada and the northern United States / by R.B. Thomson and H.B. Sifton. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1922. url p. 123, p. 124, p. 13, p. 15.
- A guide to the wild flowers Toronto: McLelland, Goodchild & Steward, c1899. url .
- A guide to the wild flowers by Alice Lounsberry; with sixty four coloured and one hundred black-and-white plates and fifty-four diagrams by Ellis Rowan; with an introduction by N.L. Britton. Toronto: W. Briggs, c1899. url .
- A guide to the wild flowers, by Alice Lounsberry. With sixty-four coloured and one hundred black-and-white plates and fifty-four diagrams by Mrs. Ellis Rowan; with an introduction by Dr. N.L. Britton... New York, Frederick A. Stokes company url p. 469.
- A handbook to the flora of Natal / by J. Medley Wood. Durban, Natal: Bennett & Davis, Printers, 1907. url p. 109.
- A history of birds / London: Methuen & Co.,  url .
- A history of luminescence from the earliest times until 1900. Philadelphia, American Philosophical Society, 1957. url p. 486.
- A manual of organic materia medica and pharmacognosy; an introduction to the study of the vegetable kingdom and the vegetable and animal drugs (with syllabus of inorganic remedial agents) comprising the botanical and physical characteristics, source, con Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 159, p. 598.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url , , , .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url fig. 211, p. 434.
- A manual of the more common herbaceous plants of Quebec and Ontario for use in connection with Groom's Botany / by D.P. Penhallow. Toronto: Copp, Clark, 1899. url .
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 564.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url , .
- A narrative history of the town of Cohasset, Massachusetts / [Boston, Mass., Press of S. Usher]1898. url p. 547.
- A practical guide to garden plants, containing descriptions of the hardiest and most beautiful annuals and biennials, hardy herbaceous and bulbous perennials, hardy water and bog plants, flowering and ornamental trees and shrubs, conife London;Longmans, Green, 1901. url , , p. 87.
- A preliminary list of the birds of Wayne County, Ohio. Columbus, Westbote Co., State Printers, 1896. url p. 337.
- A preliminary list of the vascular flora of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania / by John A. Shaffer. Pittsburgh?: Carnegie Institute Museum?, 1901? url p. 93.
- A student's text-book of botany / by Sydney H. Vines. London: Macmillan, 1895. url p. 588.
- A student's text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. With 483 illustrations. London, Macmillan & co., 1896. url .
- A text book of materia medica, being an account of the more important crude drugs of vegetable and animal origin, designed for students of pharmacy and medicine. London, Churchill, 1920. url p. 360, p. 46, p. 561.
- A text-book of botany / London; Macmillan, 1898. url .
- A text-book of botany and pharmacognosy: intended for the use of students of pharmacy, as a reference book for pharmacists, and a handbook for food and drug analysts / by Henry Kraemer. Philadelphia & London: J. B. Lippincott company[c1910] url p. 185, p. 224, p. 265, p. 266, p. 267, p. 413, p. 622.
- A text-book of mycology and plant pathology / Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co.c1917. url .
- A university text-book of botany. New York, Macmillan, 1910. url p. 570.
- Agricultural index. New York, H. W. Wilson Co. url p. 648, p. 727.
- American forestry. Washington, D.C.: American Forestry Association, 1910-1923. url p. 27.
- American forests. Washington [etc.]American Forestry Association [etc.] url p. 27, p. 607.
- An enumeration of the vascular plants known from Surinam: together with their distribution and synonymy / by A. Pulle. Leiden: E. J. Brill, 1906. url p. 168, p. 503, p. 543.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 1097, p. 322, p. 352, p. 416, p. 507.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 26, p. 26.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 219, p. 221.
- An outline of the theory of organic evolution with a description of some of the phenomena which it explains. New York, MacMillan, 1906. url p. 209.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 115, p. 497, p. 539, p. 93.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 311.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 93.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 184, p. 32, p. 92.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 5 1894 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 130, p. 163, p. 175, p. 184, p. 191, p. 197, p. 207, p. 240, p. 97.
- Annual report of the Massachusetts State Board of Agriculture. Boston: Wright & Potter Printing Co., state printers, 1916-1918. url p. 201.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 74.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 434.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 162, p. 165, p. 256, p. 256, p. 357, p. 50, p. 54.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 157, p. 86.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 38.
- "Appendix to the catalogue of the flora of Nebraska." With a supplementary list of recently reported species, Lincoln, Neb., 1892. url .
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 264, p. 369, p. 528.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 264, p. 264, p. 369, p. 369, p. 528, p. 528, p. 529, p. 529.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 870.
- Autumn flowers and fruits / by J. Francis Macbride, Asst. Curator, Taxonomy, Dept. of Botany. Chicago:Field Museum of Natural History, 1924. url p. 5.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 1 - 10 1908 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 17, p. 8.
- Beeton's Dictionary of everyday gardening. .. to which is added a monthly calendar of garden work throughout the year. London, Ward, Lock, 1909. url p. 249.
- Bergen's botany, key and flora. Northern and central states ed. By Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 75.
- Birds of Michigan. By A. J. Cook. Lansing, Mich., R. Smith & co., state printers and binders, 1893 url p. 337.
- Birds of a Maryland farm: a local study of economic ornithology / Washington; G.P.O., 1902. url .
- Birds; a miscellaneous collection of 37 pamphlets about birds. Collected and privately bound by Alvin Seale, 1914. v.p., 1910-1913 url p. 17, p. 190, p. 21, p. 30, p. 52, p. 58.
- Blossom hosts and insect guests; how the heath family, the bluets, the figworts, the orchids and similar wild flowers welcome the bee, the fly, the wasp, the moth and other faithful insects, by William Hamilton Gibson; ed. by Eleanor E. Davie; illustrated by the author. New York, Newson[c1901] url p. 194.
- Bordighera and the Western Riviera London: E. Stanford, 1883. url .
- Botanic drugs, their materia medica, pharmacology, and therapeutics, by Thomas S. Blair. Cincinnati, O.: The Therapeutic digest publishing co., 1917. url p. 254.
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 7 1939 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 98.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 300.
- Botanical explorations in southern Texas during the season of 1894. [Lancaster, Pa.]The New Era Printing House, 1895. url p. 33.
- Botany. New York, Holt, 1889. url p. 497.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 265, p. 610, p. 62, p. 80, p. 931.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 14 1925 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 12, p. 2, p. 6, p. 7.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 545.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 187, p. 270, p. 54, p. 90.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Biological Survey. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1907. url p. 32, p. 58.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1922 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 13, p. 414, p. 430.
- Bulletin of the Charleston Museum. [Charleston, S.C.: the Museum], 1907-1922. url , p. 62.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 1 1898 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 154, p. 199.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 15.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 11, p. 13, p. 16, p. 22, p. 37, p. 45, p. 55, p. 66, p. 90.
- Bulletin. Washington, Govt. Print. Off.1889-1913. url p. 11, p. 13, p. 28, p. 5.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 93.
- Catalogue of plants found in New Jersey by N. L. Britton. Trenton: John L. Murphy Pub. Co., 1889 url p. 208, p. 578.
- Catalogue of plants which have been found growing without cultivation in the park and its outlying territories collected, mounted and catalogued for the plant herbarium in the superintendent's office at Niagara Falls, Ontario / by Roderick Cameron. Niagara Falls, Ont.?: s.n., 1896? url , .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 100, p. 100, p. 1009, p. 138, p. 333, p. 354, p. 355, p. 380, p. 452, p. 503, p. 516, p. 58, p. 824.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 100, p. 100, p. 1009, p. 138, p. 333, p. 354, p. 355, p. 380, p. 452, p. 503, p. 516, p. 58, p. 824.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 171.
- Chamber's encyclopaedia, a dictionary of universal knowledge. London, Chambers, 1902. url p. 268.
- Circular / United States Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington, D.C.: The Bureau, 1904-1913. url p. 3.
- Circular. Boston, Mass., 1913-1918. url p. 13.
- Civic biology, a textbook of problems, local and national, that can be solved only by civic coöperation. Boston, Ginn url p. 75.
- Civic biology; a textbook of problems, local and national, that can be solved only by civic coöperation, by Clifton F. Hodge. .. and Jean Dawson. .. Boston, Ginn and Company[c1918] url p. 75.
- Coloring matters for foodstuffs and methods for their detection. . .. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1905 url p. 11.
- Conservation of our wild birds; Boston, Massachusetts fish and game protective association [pref.1916] url p. 44.
- Conservation of our wild birds; methods of attracting and increasing the numbers of useful birds and the establishment of sanctuaries, by Bradford A. Scudder. Boston: Massachusetts fish and game protective association, [pref. 1916] url p. 44.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892-1932. url p. 283.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 6 1901 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 242, p. 254, p. 316, p. 493, p. 525, p. 573.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1330, p. 1336, p. 1632, p. 628, p. 697.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 269, p. 690.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 269, p. 690.
- Department circular. Boston, Mass., 1918-1920. url p. 15.
- Descriptive catalogue (with current prices) of standard pharmaceutical and biological products for the veterinarian: with notes on modern biological therapy. Indianapolis: Pitman-Moore Co., c1922. url p. 75.
- Diseases and enemies of poultry / by Leonard Pearson and B.H. Warren. [Harrisburg, Pa.]: C.M. Busch, 1897. url p. 287.
- Diseases and enemies of poultry. Pearson & Warren. Harrisburg, C.M. Busch, state printer, 1897 url p. 287.
- Diseases of cattle, sheep, goats and swine / by G. Moussu and Jno. A. W. Dollar. Chicago: American Veterinary Pub.Co., 1920. url p. 229.
- Diseases of poultry part 1 / by Leonard Pearson. Enemies of poultry: part 2 / by B.H. Warren. Harrisburg, Pa.: C.M. Busch, state printer, 1897. url .
- Elementary botany Toronto: Copp, Clark, [1899?] url .
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- Elements of botany / by J. Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1896. url p. 198.
- Elements of botany. Boston, Ginn[c1904, pref. 1906] url .
- Elements of plant anatomy; by Emily L. Gregory. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1895. url p. 17.
- Entomological news, and proceedings of the Entomological Section of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia[Entomological Rooms of the Academy of Natural Sciences] url p. 192, p. 192.
- Essentials of botany. Boston, Ginn[c1908] url , .
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url , p. 1104, p. 1219, p. 330, p. 542, p. 629, p. 975.
- Facts relating to the history of Groton, Massachusetts, by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 17.
- Familiar flowers of field and garden. Described and illustrated by F. Schuyler Mathews. With over two hundred drawings. New York, D. Appleton, 1895. url p. 236.
- Farmer's cyclopedia: a compilation of such bulletins and reports as are indispensable to the practical farmer. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 400, p. 568.
- Field, forest, and garden botany; a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated, by Asa Gray. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company url p. 367.
- Flora of Burlington and vicinity; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation, by Nellie F. Flynn. Burlington, Free Press Printing Co., 1911. url p. 37, p. 37.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 433.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 421.
- Flora of Los Angeles and vicinity / by LeRoy Abrams. Stanford University, Cal. 1917. url p. 124.
- Flora of Los Angeles and vicinity, by LeRoy Abrams. Stanford University, Cal., Stanford University Press, 1911. url p. 135.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 80.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 114, p. 65.
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url .
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 123.
- Flora of Vermont. List of ferns and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Vermont Botanical Club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Print. Co., 1915. url p. 198.
- Flora of Vermont; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Ezra Brainerd, L.R. Jones and W.W. Eggleston, committee for the Vermont botanical club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Association, 1900. url p. 38.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 108, p. 120, p. 141, p. 142, p. 203, p. 249, p. 90, p. 95.
- Flora of West Virginia. Charleston, W. Va., M.W. Donnally, 1892. url p. 431.
- Flora of the Blue Hills, Middlesex Fells, Stony Brook and Beaver Brook reservations, of the Metropolitan Park Commission, Massachusetts. Boston: C.M. Barrows, 1896. url p. 66.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 1333, p. 404.
- Flora of the southern United States, containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida; arranged according to the natural system by A.W. Chapman. New York, American Book Company url p. 375.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 302.
- Florida wild flowers; an introduction to the flora of the Florida peninsula, by Mary Francis Baker, photographs by the author. New York, The Macmillan company, 1926. url p. 250, p. 75.
- Florula Mortolensis. An enumeration of the plants growing wild at La Mortola. Ventimiglia, Billi, 1905. url .
- Flowers and ferns in their haunts, by Mabel Osgood Wright with illustrations from photographs by the author and J. Horace McFarland. London, The Macmillan company, 1901. url p. 461.
- Flowers and insects; lists of visitors of four hundred and fifty-three flowers, by Charles Robertson. Carlinville, Ill., n.p.1928. url p. 150.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp, by Caroline A. Creevey. Illustrated by Benjamin Lander. New York, Harper, 1897. url p. 252, p. 564.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp; New York, Harper & Brothers, 1899. url .
- Food habits of the grosbeaks. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1908. url , , , , , , .
- Food of the woodpeckers of the United States / Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Biological Survey, 1911. url , , , , .
- Foundations of botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 389, p. 389, p. 69, p. 69.
- Foundations of botany, Boston, Ginn & Co., 1901. url , .
- Foundations of botany, by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn & co., 1904. url p. 389.
- Grand Rapids flora: a catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids, Mich., A. Van Dort, 1901. url p. 65.
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 374.
- Gray's school and field book of botany. Consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume. New York, American book company, 1901?, c1887 url p. 367.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 873.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 472, p. 511, p. 541.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 325, p. 401, p. 481.
- History of the vegetable drugs of the Pharmacopeia of the United States / Cincinnati, O.: J. U. & C. G. Lloyd, 1911. url p. 129, p. 64, p. 91.
- How crops feed. A treatise on the atmosphere and the soil as related to the nutrition of agricultural plants. By Samuel W. Johnson. New York, O. Judd, 1890 [c1870] url p. 237.
- How crops feed; a treatise on the atmosphere and the soil as related to the nutrition of agricultural plants. New York, O. Judd, 1895. url p. 237.
- How to know the wild flowers: a guide to the names, haunts, and habits of our common wild flowers / by Mrs. William Starr Dana [i.e. F.T.S.D. Parsons]; illustrated by Marion Satterlee and Elsie Louise Shaw. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1913. url , p. 336, p. 78.
- Hydration and growth, Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1920. url .
- Hydration and growth, by D. T. MacDougal. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1920. url p. 93.
- Hydration and growth. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url p. 93.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 264, p. 302.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 207, p. 245, p. 384, p. 447, p. 476, p. 510, p. 558, p. 560, p. 741.
- Introduction to botany, Boston, Ginn and company[c1914] url .
- Introduction to botany. Boston, Ginn url p. 75.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 164.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 299.
- Journal of the International Garden Club. New York, International garden club. url p. 36.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 3 1907 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url , p. 169, p. 261, p. 282, p. 285, p. 331, p. 35, p. 36.
- Key and flora, northern and central states. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 75.
- Key and flora: northern and central states / Boston: Ginn, 1908. url .
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 146.
- List of herbaceous perennials tested in the arboretum and botanic garden: central experimental farm, Ottawa, Canada, with descriptions of flowers, and other notes by W. T. Macoun. Ottawa: Government Printing Bureau, 1908. url p. 89.
- Manual of the Flora of Jackson County, Missouri, By Kenneth K. MacKenzie, assisted by B. F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., s.n., 1902 url p. 84.
- Manual of the flora of Jackson County, Missouri. Assisted by B.F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., 1902. url p. 84.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 381.
- Meehan's monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany, and kindred subjects. Phila., PA: T. Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url , , .
- Meehans' monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany and kindred subjects / conducted by Thomas Meehan. Philadelphia: Thomas Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url p. 122, p. 53, p. 54.
- Memoir / Ithaca, N.Y. url p. 548.
- Michigan flora. Prepared for the thirtieth annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture, by W. J. Beal and C. F. Wheeler. Lansing: R. Smith & co., printers, 1892 url .
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url p. 74, p. 74.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 147.
- Miscellaneous papers on the zoology of Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven, chief naturalist; pub. as a part of the Annual report of the Board of geological survey for 1915. Lansing, Mich., W. H. Crawford Co., state printers, 1916. url p. 114, p. 114.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 93.
- My garden. By Eden Phillpotts. London, "Country life, " ltd. [etc.];1906. url .
- Mycotrophy in plants; lectures on the biology of mycorrhizae and related structures. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Co., 1950. url p. 32.
- Nature study and life / by Clifton F. Hodge. Boston; Ginn & Company, c1902. url p. 111, p. 508.
- Nature study and life, Boston and London, Ginn & Co., 1902. url , , , .
- Nature study and life, by Clifton F. Hodge. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1902. url p. 111, p. 508.
- Nature study and life. Boston: Ginn,  url p. 111, p. 508.
- Nature's garden: With many color illustrations. Garden City, N. Y., : Garden City Pub. Co., [c1900] url , .
- Nature's garden: an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors / text by Neltje Blanchan; with colored plates and many other illustratins potographed directly form nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1900. url p. 229.
- Nature's garden; an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors. With colored plates and many other illus. photographed directly from nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. Text by Neltje Blanchan [pseud.] 1922 Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1922. url p. 229, p. 405.
- New manual of botany. A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearr. and extensively rev. by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New YorkAmerican Book Co.[c1908] url p. 374.
- Observations on the colors of flowers / by E. Williams Hervey. New Bedford [Mass.]: E. Anthony & Sons, 1899. url p. 30, p. 44.
- Official guide to the museums of economic botany. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off., by Darling1907 url p. 167.
- Origin and history of all the pharmacopeial vegetable drugs, chemicals and preparations with bibliography... Prepared under the auspices of and pub. by the American drug manufacturers' association, Washington, D.C. Cincinnati: The Caxton press, [c1921] url p. 240, p. 414, p. 444.
- Our native birds of song and beauty, being a complete history of all the songbirds, flycatchers, hummingbirds, swifts, goatsuckers, woodpeckers, kingfishers, trogons, cuckoos, and parrots, of North America. 1 1893 Milwaukee, G. Brumder, 1893-96. url p. 15.
- Outlines of botany for the high school laboratory and classroom (based on Gray's Lessons in botany) by Robert Greenleaf Leavitt. .. prepared at the request of the Botanical Department of Harvard University. New York, American Book Co. url p. 436.
- Outlines of plant life: with special reference to form and function / New York: Henry Holt and Company, c1900. url .
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 132.
- Pamphlets on silviculture. [1899- url p. 10.
- Part I. The living flora of West Virginia, by C. F. Millspaugh. Part II. The fossil flora of West Virginia, by David White. Wheeling, Wheeling news litho. co., 1913 url p. 100, p. 101, p. 35, p. 41, p. 55, p. 69.
- Pecan rosette, its histology, cytology, and relation to other chlorotic diseases, by Frederick V. Rand. .. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1922 url p. 10, p. 37.
- Pharmaceutical botany, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1914] url , .
- Pharmaceutical botany, with glossary of botanical terms. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 323.
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 220, p. 403, p. 434, p. 73.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 67.
- Plant covering of Ocracoke Island; a study in the ecology of the North Carolina strand vegetation. By Thomas H. Kearney, jr. Washington, Gov't Print. Off., 1900. url p. 316.
- Plant disease Fungi, by F. L. Stevens... New York, The Macmillan company[c1925] url p. 291, p. 459.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 242, p. 254, p. 493.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url .
- Plant physiology; a textbook for colleges and universities, by Bernard S. Meyer. .. and Donald B. Anderson. .. New York, D. Van Nostrand Company, inc., 1939. url p. 140.
- Plants and their uses; an introduction to botany, New York, H. Holt and Company, 1913. url , .
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 163, p. 163.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 140.
- Poisonous plants of all countries, by A. Bernhard-Smith. London, Baillière, Tindall & Cox, 1923. url p. 93.
- Poisonous plants of the Midwest / [Urbana]: Dept. of Landscape Architecture, University of Illinois, 1983. url p. 10, p. 15.
- Pot-pourri from a Surrey garden / by Mrs. C. W. Earle; with an appendix by Lady Constance Lytton. London: Smith, Elder, 1897. url p. 191.
- Pot-pourri from a Surrey garden, New York, E. P. Dutton, 1898. url .
- Pot-pourri from a Surrey garden, by Mrs. C. W. Earle. With an appendix by Lady Constance Lytton. New York, E.P. Dutton, 1898. url p. 191.
- Potter's cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R.C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke,  url p. 223, p. xxix.
- Potter's cyclopedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R. C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke, [1900-1950?]. url p. 123, p.
- Practical guide to the wild flowers and fruits by George Lincoln Walton. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1909. url p. 193, p. 86.
- Preliminary catalogue of plants poisonous to stock. By V.K. Chesnut. .. Washington, 1898? url , , p. 398, p. 418.
- Preliminary catalogue of the flora of West Virginia. [Chicago?]1892 url p. 431.
- Preliminary list of plants growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Manchester, New Hampshire. Comp. by Frederick W. Batchelder. Manchester, N. H., Manchester institute of arts and sciences url p. 22.
- Principal poisonous plants of Canada / by Faith Fyles. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, Dominion Experimental Farms, 1920. url p. 30.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 60.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 129, p. 135, p. 169, p. 169, p. 180, p. 180, p. 198, p. 198, p. 212, p. 212, p. 220, p. 220, p. 238, p. 254, p. 254, p. 263, p. 28, p. 28, p. 29, p. 29, p. 46, p. 51, p. 51, p. 55.
- Proceedings of the Manchester Institute of Arts and Sciences. Manchester, N.H.: The Institute, 1900-1911. url p. 82.
- Propagation of wild birds; a manual of applied ornithology, treating of practical methods of propagation of quails, grouse, wild turkey, pheasants, partridges, pigeons and doves, and waterfowl, in America, and of attracting and Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & Company, 1915. url .
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 108, p. 120, p. 142, p. 203, p. 249, p. 90, p. 95.
- Reise durch einige der mittlern und su?dlichen Vereinigten Nordamerikanischen Staaten, nach Ost-Florida und den Bahama Inseln unternommen in den jahren 1783 und 1784, von Johann David Scho?pf. .. Cincinnati, J.U. & C.G. Lloyd, 1911. url p. 16.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1900-1904. url p. 143, p. 158, p. 46.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url p. 10, p. 184, p. 32, p. 92.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 215, p. 674, p. 675.
- Research in photosynthesis; papers and discussions presented at the Gatlinburg conference, October 25-29, 1955, sponsored by the Committee on Photobiology of the National Academy of Sciences-National Research Council and support Edited by H. Gaffron [and others]. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1957. url p. 258.
- Rout the weeds! why... when... and how... [by] L. R. Tehon. Urbana, 1937. url p. 15, p. 15, p. 15, p. 30, p. 31, p. 42, p. 5.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 191.
- Scientific and applied pharmacognosy, intended for the use of students in pharmacy, as a hand book for pharmacists, and as a reference book for food and drug analysts and pharmacologists. New York, Wiley, 1920. url p. 198, p. 199, p. 589.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 405, p. 489.
- Settler's guide and farmer's handbook. .. Issued by direction of the Bureau of agriculture. Ed. by L. Lindley-Cowen. .. pt. 1. Perth, E.S. Wigg, 1897- url p. 566.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 50.
- Stout manual training school; a handbook for planning and planting small home grounds. .. with a list of native and commonly cultivated plants that are represented in the collection upon the Stout manual training school grounds. Menomonie, Wis., Stout manual training school, 1899. url p. 45, p. 61, p. 62, p. 73.
- Students' handbook to accompany Plants and their uses / by Frederick Leroy Sargent. New York: Henry Holt, 1914. url .
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 575, p. 991.
- Text-book of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 55, p. 56, p. 68.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1920] url p. 55, p. 55, p. 56, p. 56.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 2196.
- The Alumni journal. New York: Alumni Association of the College of Pharmacy of the City of New York, 1894-1896. url p. 312.
- The American botanist and florist, including lessons in the structure, life growth of plants, together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the American uni New York, Barnes[n.d.] url p. 284.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 20.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 279, p. 86.
- The Biochemical journal. London [etc.]Cambridge University Press. url p. 131.
- The Biological bulletin. Woods Hole, Mass.: Marine Biological Laboratory, url p. 75.
- The Emu: official organ of the Australasian Ornithologists' Union. Melbourne: Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union, 1901- url p. 225, p. 226.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement followed by a description of the plants, shrubs and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1921. url p. 628.
- The Fungi which cause plant disease, by F. L. Stevens. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1913. url , p. 408.
- The Indiana weed book, Indianapolis, The Nature publishing company, 1912. url .
- The Journal of pharmacology. New York: Alumni Association of the College of Pharmacy of the City of New York, 1897- url p. 206.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 193.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 215, p. 674, p. 675, p. 727.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 215, p. 674, p. 675.
- The Nature-study review: devoted to all phases of nature-study in elementary schools. Lancaster, Pa.: [M.A. Bigelow], 1905- url p. 15.
- The North American Pyrenomycetes. A contribution to mycologic botany, Newfield, N. J., Ellis & Everhart, 1892 [c1890] url .
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 187, p. 189, p. 191, p. 303, p. 348, p. 59.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url , p. 103, p. 121, p. 122, p. 124, p. 32, p. 333, p. 97.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 35 1953 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 1697, p. 361, map 3, page 65.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 134, p. 14, p. 69.
- The Warbler. Floral Park: Mayflower Pub. Co., [1903-1913] url p. 13.
- The anthocyanin pigments of plants. By Muriel Wheldale. Cambridge, University Press, 1916. url p. 100, p. 249, p. 52.
- The bacteriology of diphtheria, including sections on the history, epidemiology and pathology of the disease, the mortality caused by it, the toxins and antitoxins and the serum disease, by F. Loeffler, Arthur Newsholme, F. B. Mallory, G. S. Graham-Smith, George Dean, William H. Park, Charles F. Bolduan. Ed. by G. H. F. Nuttall and G. S. Graham-Smith Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1913 url p. 289.
- The book of hardy flowers; a simple and complete descriptive guide to the cultivation in gardens of the trees and shrubs, perennial and annual flowers, that are hardy, or are suitable for planting out-of-doors in summer in temp Ed. by H. H. Thomas. .. Beautifully illustrated with thirty-two direct color photographs by H. Essenhigh Corke and sixty-four half-tone plates. 1915 New York, Funk & Wagnalls company; [etc., etc.] url figure , p. 337, p. 346.
- The botanists of Philadelphia and their work. Philadelphia[T.C. Davis]1899 url p. 366, p. 451.
- The bulb book; or, Bulbous and tuberous plants for the open air, stove, and greenhouse, containing particulars as to descriptions, culture, propagation, etc.. .. by John Weathers. London, J. Murray, 1911. url p. 397.
- The complete herbalist, or The people their own physicians by the use of nature's remedies: describing the great curative properties found in the herbal kingdom. .. / by Dr. O. Phelps Brown. Jersey City, N. J.: Published by the author, 1897. url p. 499.
- The conservation of the wild life of Canada / by C. Gordon Hewitt. New York: C. Scribner's Sons, 1921. url p. 184.
- The diseases of tropical plants, by Melville Thurston Cook. .. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1913. url p. 152, p. 73.
- The drug plants of Illinois / Leo R. Tehon; drawings by Kay H. Wadsworth. Urbana, Ill.: Natural History Survey Division, 1951. url p. 130, p. 87.
- The encyclopedia of gardening. A dictionary of cultivated plants, etc., giving in alphabetical sequence the culture and propagation of hardy and half-hardy plants, trees and shrubs, orchids, ferns, fruit, vegetables, hothouse and g London, W. H. & L. Collingridge url , , , , .
- The families of flowering plants. Washington, D. C., The Plant World Co.[1900-02] url .
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of Scott and Muscatine counties. By W.D. Barnes, Fred Reppert [and] A.A. Miller. Davenport, Iowa, 1901 url p. 251.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 75.
- The flora of the Gulf Biologic Station. Baton Rouge, Louisiana State Board of Agriculture and Immigration, 1907. url p. 18.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 240.
- The flora of the upper Susquehanna and its tributaries / by WJillard Nelson Clute. Binghamton, N.Y.: W.N. Clute, 1898. url p. 89.
- The food of Australian birds. An investigation into the character of the stomach and crop contents. A summary of work done by J.B. Cleland. .. J.H. Maiden. .. W.W. Froggatt. .. E.W. Ferguson. .. C.T. Musson. .. Sydney, W.A. Gullick, Government Printer, 1918. url p. 81, p. 94.
- The fundamentals of fruit production, by Victor Ray Gardner, Frederick Charles Bradford and Henry Daggett Hooker, jr. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1922. url p. 244, p. 244.
- The gypsy moth. Porthetria dispar (Linn.). A report of the work of destroying the insect in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, together with an account of its history and habits both in Massachusetts and Europe. By Edward H. Forbush. .. and Charles H. Fernald. .. Published under the direction of the State Board of Agriculture by authority of the legislature. Boston: Wright & Potter Printing Co., 1896. url p. 321, p. 321.
- The hardy flower book, by E. H. Jenkins, ed. by F. W. Harvey. London, C. Scribner's sons url p. 117, p. 140.
- The influence of light and darkness upon growth and development. New York1903 url , p. 149, p. 150.
- The microanalysis of powdered vegetable drugs, by Albert Schneider. .. with 237 illustrations Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1921] url p. 436.
- The mosaic disease of cucurbits. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1920. url p. 5.
- The natural history and topography of Groton, Massachusetts / by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 17.
- The natural history of Chautauqua. New York: B. W. Huebsch, 1917. url p. 55.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 422.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The nature-study review Ithica, N.Y.: Comstock Pub. Co., 1905-1923 url p. 15.
- The passenger pigeon in Ontario / Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1935. url p. 102.
- The physiology of plants. a treatise upon the metabolism and sources of energy in plants, ed. by A.J. Ewart. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1900-6. url , p. 279.
- The physiology of plants; a treatise upon the metabolism and sources of energy in plants, by Dr. W. Pfeffer. .. 2d fully rev. ed., translated and edited by Alfred J. Ewart. Oxford, Clarendon press, 1900-06. url p. 279.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 191, p. 244, p. 245, p. 431, p. 525.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 30.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url .
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 434.
- The plants of southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 434.
- The ro?le of diffusion and osmotic pressure in plants, Chicago, The University of Chicago Press, 1903. url .
- The role of diffusion and osmotic pressure in plants. Chicago, 1903. url p. 98.
- The rôle of diffusion and osmotic pressure in plants, by Burton Edwards Livingston. Chicago, The University of Chicago press, 1903. url p. 98.
- The science of biology. St. Louis, C.V. Mosby Co., 1952. url p. 268.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1316, p. 1411, p. 30, p. 3631.
- The taxonomy of the Myzini (Homoptera: Aphididae) of the Eastern United States / 1971. url p. 66.
- The vegetation of Shackleford Bank / by I.F. Lewis. Raleigh: Edwards & Broughton, 1917. url p. 29.
- The wayside flowers of summer: a study of the conspicuous herbaceous plants blooming upon our norther roadsides during the months of July and August / by Harriet L. Keeler; illustrated by Mary Keffer. New York: C. Scribner1917. url p. 287, p. xvi.
- The wayside flowers of summer; a study of the conspicuous herbaceous plants blooming upon our northern roadsides during the months of July and August, by Harriet L. Keeler; illustrated by Mary Keffer. New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1917. url , p. 287.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 705, p. 763, p. 776, p. 898.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 705, p. 763, p. 776, p. 898.
- The wild garden, or the naturalization and natural grouping of hardy exotic plants with a chapter on the garden of British wild flowers. London, J. Murray, 1894. url , , .
- Through glade and mead; a contribution to local natural history, Worcester, Mass., Putnam, Davis and Company, [c1894] url , .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url , p. 101, p. 112, p. 112, p. 122, p. 132, p. 138, p. 141, p. 142, p. 145, p. 151, p. 159, p. 161, p. 166, p. 177, p. 181, p. 230, p. 230, p. 232, p. 240, p. 264, p. 279, p. 297, p. 46, p. 65, p. 70, p. 97, p. 99.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 118, p. 17, p. 423.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 130.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 203.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 144, p. 145.
- Travels in the Confederation, 1783-1784. From the German. Translated and edited by Alfred J. Morrison. Philadelphia, W.J. Campbell, 1911. url p. 319.
- Trends and silvicultural significance of upland forest successions in southern New England, New Haven, Yale University, 1928 url p. 67.
- Useful birds and their protection / by Edward Howe Forbush; ill. by the author. .. and others. [Massachusetts]: published under direction of The Massachusetts State Board of Agriculture, 1908. url p. 281, p. 376.
- Useful birds and their protection. Containing brief descriptions of the more common and useful species of Massachusetts, with accounts of their food habits, and a chapter on the means of attracting and protecting birds. [Boston, Printed by Wright & Potter]1913. url , , .
- Useful birds and their protection: containing brief descriptions of the more common and useful species of Massachusetts, with accounts of their food habits, and a chapter on the means of attracting and protecting birds / by Edward Howe Forbush; illustrated by the author, C. Allan Lyford, Chester A. Reed, and others. Boston: Published under direction of the Massachusetts State Board of Agriculture, by authority of the Legislature, . url p. 281, p. 376.
- Useful wild plants of the United States and Canada, by Charles Francis Saunders. Illustrated with photographs by the author and with drawings by Lucy Hamilton Aring. New York, R. M. McBride & company, 1934. url p. 119, p. 244, p. 260.
- Veterinary toxicology. Chicago, A. Eger, 1912. url .
- Vitalogy; or, Encyclopedia of health and home, adapted for home and family use [by] Geo. P. Wood, M.D. [and] E.H. Ruddock, M.D. Chicago, Vitalogy Association, 1906 [c1904] url p. 482.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url , p. 59.
- What's what? at home and abroad, by F. Sturges Allen. New York, The Bradley-White Co., 1902. url p. 85.
- Who's who among the wild flowers / compiled and illustrated by W. I. Beecroft; with an introd. by Frances Duncan. New York: Moffat, Yard, 1910. url p. 356.
- Who's who among the wild flowers; comp. and illustrated by W. I. Beecroft, with an introduction by Frances Duncan. New York, Moffat, Yard and company, 1910. url p. 356.
- Wild flower families; the haunts, characters, and family relationships of the herbaceous wild flowers, with suggestions for their identification, & London, J. B. Lippincott Company, 1908. url .
- Wild flowers every child should know: arranged according to color with reliable descriptions of the more common species of the United States and Canada / by Frederic William Stack. New York: Doubleday, Page and Company, 1909. url p. 398.
- Wild flowers of Canada published exclusively with the Montreal Star, Montreal; by special artists and botanists. Montreal: Montreal Star, [1895?] url .
- Wild flowers of the north-eastern states: being three hundred and eight individuals common to the north-eastern United States, New York [etc.]G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1904. url , .
- Year book - Carnegie Institution of Washington. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington url p. 122, p. 392, p. 63, p. 71.
- Yearbook of agriculture. WashingtonU.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 132, p. 202, p. 212, p. 604.
- Yearbook of the United States Department of Agriculture. Washington: G.P.O., 1895-1923. url p. 212, p. 604, p. 646.
- Zoe:a biological journal. San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 158, p. 27, p. 407, p. 429.
- [Collected reprints, 1895-1916. s.l., s.n., 19--] url , , .
- [Forestry reports] Washington, 1893-1910 url , , .
- Lu Dequan. 1996. Phytolaccaceae. In: Tang Changlin, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 29: 1420.
- Lu Dequan. 1996. Phytolaccaceae. In: Tang Changlin, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 29: 1420.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 13, 2012.