Common Names in English:
Alpine Timothy, Alpine Cat´s-Tail, Alpine Timothygrass, Mountain Timothy
Species Phleum alpinum
Perennial , shortly rhizomatous . Culms loosely tufted , erect or decumbent at base , 5-40(-60) cm tall, 3-4-noded. Leaf sheaths glabrous , upper slightly inflated ; leaf blades broadly linear , 2-13 cm, 2-9 mm wide, the upper shorter than the lower, glabrous, apex acute; ligule 2-3 mm, obtuse . Panicle broadly cylindrical to ovoid , 1-6 × 0.6-1.2 cm, usually purplish; branches adnate to central axis. Spikelets oblong , 3-4 mm (excluding awns ) ; rachilla extension absent; glumes oblong, membranous, scaberulous, lower softly hairy on margins , keel conspicuously pectinate-ciliate, apex truncate , cuspidate into a stiff, 1.5-3 mm, glabrous or ciliate awn; lemma ca. 2 mm, 5-veined, veins puberulent , apex truncate; anthers 1-1.5 mm. Caryopsis ca. 1.5 mm. Fl. and fr. Jun-Oct. 2n = 14, 28. [source]
Wet alpine meadows, damp soil around bushes, riversides ; 2500-3900 m. .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,916 meters (0 to 9,567 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Juncanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Commelinidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Phleum alpinum var. commutatum (Gaudin) Griseb. • Phleum commutatum Gaudin. • Phleum commutatum var. americanum (Fourn.) Hultén • Phleum pratense L. var. alpinum (L.) Celak. • Phleum pratense L. alpinum (L.) Celak.
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Phleum
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 11 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
P. alpinum (Alpine Timothy) · P. arenarium (Sand Timothy) · P. bertolonii (Diploid Timothy) · P. graecum (Ballast Timothy) · P. paniculatum (British Timothy) · P. phleoides (Purple-Stem Cat's-Tail) · P. pratense (Cats Tail) · P. pratense bertolonii (Diploid Timothy) · P. pratense nodosum (Common Timothy) · P. pratense pratense (Common Timothy) · P. subulatum (Italian Timothy)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Flora of Glacier National Park, Montana, by Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921. url p. 248, p. 283.
- 2002 list of ecological comm[u]nities for Montana / prepared by Montana Natural Heritage Program, Montana State Library. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2002 url .
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url , .
- A botanical exploration of the north shore of the gulf of St. Lawrence including an annotated list of the species of vascular plants, Ottawa, F. A. Acland, printer, 1922. url p. 14, p. 63.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url , .
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 112, p. 113, p. 113.
- A flora of northwest America containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia / Portland, Or.: [s.n.], 1903. url .
- A flora of northwest America: containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia / by Thomas Howell. Vol. 1, Phanerogamae. Portland, Or.: [s.n.], 1903. url p. 740.
- A flora of the South Fork of Kings River: from Millwood to the head waters of Bubbs Creek / by Alice Eastwood. [San Francisco]: Sierra Club, 1902. url p. 13.
- A list of the plants of the Pribilof Islands, Bering Sea, with notes on their distribution. url .
- A manual of farm grasses, Washington, D.C., The author, 1921. url p. 145, p. 174.
- A manual of farm grasses, by A. S. Hitchcock. Washington, D. C.: The author, 1921. url p. 145.
- A manual of farm grasses. Washington, Hitchcock, 1921. url p. 145, p. 174.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 140.
- A natural history of British grasses / by E.J. Lowe. London: John C. Nimmo, 1891. url , p. 27, p. 28.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 225.
- A preliminary catalogue of the flora of Vancouver and Queen Charlotte Islands. Victoria, B.C., Printed by W. H. Cullin, 1921. url p. 19.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W.G. Farlow and A.B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 153.
- A report upon the boreal flora of the Sierra Nevada of California / by Frank Jason Smiley. Berkeley, Calif.: University of California Press, 1921. url p. 93.
- A vegetation index of biotic integrity for small-order streams in southwest Montana and a floristic quality assessment for western Montana wetlands / [Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005]. url , .
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 10, p. 100, p. 11, p. 114, p. 118, p. 12, p. 122, p. 13, p. 130, p. 130, p. 14, p. 141, p. 142, p. 143, p. 144, p. 15, p. 16, p. 178, p. 20, p. 246, p. 28, p. 28, p. 29, p. 3, p. 30, p. 344, p. 349, p. 37, p. 38, p. 399, p. 561, p. 6, p. 66, p. 71, p. 74, p. 75, p. 76, p. 86, p. 87, p. 89, p. 90, p. 92, p. 93, p. 94, p. 96, p. 96, p. 97.
- American grasses / Washington: Gov. Print. Off., 1897-1901. url p. 155, p. 346.
- American grasses / by F. Lamson-Scribner. Washington: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Division of Agrontology, 1897- url p. 155, p. 346.
- American journal of agriculture and science. New York: Huntington & Savage, 1846-1848 url p. 39.
- American plants. .. [Descriptions, bibliographical notes, synonymy, and other information, comp. from many sources] Charles Russell Orcutt, editor. San Diego, Calif., -1910. url p. 429.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 142.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 191.
- An introduction to physiological and systematical botany. London, Longman, Hurst, Reese, Orme, 1807. url p. 150.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 110, p. 184, p. 184, p. 237.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 202.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 459, p. 459.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 45.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 76.
- Annual report of the State Botanist of the State of New York. Albany: Troy Press, 1889-1897. url .
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 240.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 54, p. 96.
- Biologia centrali-americana; or, Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America. London, Pub. for the editors by R. H. Porter and Dulau & co., 1879-88. url , , .
- Botanic contributions relating to the flora of western North America [by] Gray, Engelmann, Torrey [and] Fre?mont. v.p., 1843-53 url p. 98.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 5.
- Botanical survey of the Goat Flat proposed research natural area, Deerlodge National Forest/ by Peter L. Achuff and Lisa S. Roe. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program url p. 4.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 87, p. 9.
- Botany of Yakutat Bay, Alaska / by Frederick Vernon Coville; with a field report by Frederick Funston. Washington: GPO, 1895 [i.e. 1896] url p. 332.
- Botany of to-day, a popular account of recent notable discoveries. London, Seeley, 1911. url , .
- Botany. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1871. url , .
- British grasses and their employment in agriculture, Cambridge, University press, 1917. url , .
- British grasses: an introduction to the study of the Gramineae of Great Britain and Ireland / 1867 London: Reeve & co., 1867 url p. 126, p. 306.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 255, p. 255, p. 287, p. 287.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url .
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 7 1920 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 327, p. 499.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 154, p. 156.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 26, p. 49.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. 1895-1897 Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 109, p. 24, p. 30, p. 346, p. 38, p. 60, p. 60, p. 66, p. 7.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 251.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 150.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 142.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 44 1917 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 103, p. 238, p. 25, p. 300, p. 336, p. 437, p. 448, p. 448, p. 469, p. 471, p. 497, p. 566, p. 574, p. 63, p. 631, p. 635, p. 651, p. 93, p. 94, p. 99.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url , p. 10, p. 14, p. 140, p. 26, p. 37, p. 70.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url , p. 26, p. 53, p. 60.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 384.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , p. 196.
- Cattle and dairy farming. Washington, Govt. print off., 1888. url p. 341.
- Class book of botany. Being outlines of the structure, physiology and classification of plants. With a flora of all parts of the United States and Canada. By Alphonso Wood. .. New York, A.S. Barnes & Burr;1860. url p. 779.
- Class-book of botany being outlines of the structures, physiology, and classification of plants: with a flora of the United States and Canada / by Alphonso Wood. Cincinnati: American Book Co., c1881. url .
- Class-book of botany: being outlines of the structure, physiology and classification of plants: with a flora of the United States and Canada / by Alphonso Wood. New York: A.S. Barnes & Burr, 1861, c1860. url p. 779.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url .
- Contributions from the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1899- url p. 469, p. 471, p. 631, p. 635, p. 93, p. 94.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 11 1906 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 111, p. 216, p. 246, p. 248, p. 283, p. 29, p. 30, p. 306, p. 313, p. 332, p. 348, p. 353, p. 491, p. 492, p. 493, p. 494, p. 504, p. 53, p. 573, p. 598, p. 599, p. 64, p. 642, p. 689, p. 707, p. 73, p. 75, p. 86, p. XI.
- Contributions to the botany of the Yukon Territory, by Marshall A. Howe [and ohters] New York, 1901 url p. 150.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.E. Ponsonby, 1898. url .
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 153, p. 154, p. 353, p. 50.
- Demographic monitoring of Penstemon lemhiensis, Beaverhead National Forest: 1990 progress report / by Peter L. Achuff and J. Stephen Shelly. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 12, p. 15.
- Distribution and origin of life in America, by Robert Francis Scharff New York, Macmillan, 1912 url p. 36.
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- Elements of agricultural chemistry, in a course of lectures for the Board of agriculture. By Sir Humphry Davy. .. Alexandria:and William F. Gray, 1815. url p. 327.
- Exercises in botany for the Pacific states / by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Whitaker & Ray, 1897. url p. 779.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1071, p. 1225, p. 1265, p. 321, p. 430, p. 650.
- Feeds and feeding; Madison, Wis., The Henry-Morrison company, 1915. url p. 643.
- Field and forest. [Washington: Columbia Press, 1875-1878]. url p. 99.
- Flora Washingtonensis; a catalogue of the Phaenogamia and Pteridophyta of the state of Washington, n.p., 1892 url .
- Flora of Colorado, Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url .
- Flora of Colorado, by P. A. Rydberg, PH. D. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 28.
- Flora of Colorado, by P.A. Rydberg. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 28, p. 28.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 141.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 73.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 73.
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 23.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 30.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 102, p. 210, p. 32, p. 566, p. 89, p. 95.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 49.
- Flora of the Yellowstone National Park / by Frank Tweedy. Washington, D.C.: Published by the author, 1886. url p. 23, p. 23, p. 69, p. 70, p. 70.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url , .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 38, p. 39.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url .
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 111.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 111.
- Flowers of the field. Rev. throughout and edited by Clarence Elliott. With an appendix including the Pipe-wort tribe (Eriocauleae) the Sedge tribe (Cyperaceae) and the Grass tribe (Gramineae) LondonG. Routledge[n.d.] url p. 332.
- Forage plants and their culture, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url p. 610.
- Forage plants and their culture, by Charles V. Piper. New York: The Macmillan company, 1914. url p. 122, p. 610.
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 365, p. 538.
- Forest distribution in the northern Rocky Mountains. Missoula, Mont.State University1922 url p. 167.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- General remarks, geographical and systematical, on the botany of Terra Australis / London: Printed by W. Bulmer, 1814. url p. 591.
- Grasses and forage plants a practical treatise comprising their natural history, comparative nutritive value, methods of cultivating, cutting and curing, and the management of grass lands in the United States and British provi by Charles L. Flint. Boston: J.E. Tilton, 1867. url .
- Grasses and forage plants, a practical treatise, comprising their natural history, comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British Pro Boston, Phillips, 1859. url p. 390.
- Grasses and forage plants. A practical treatise. Comprising their natural history comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British Prov Boston, W. F. Gill, 1874. url , .
- Grasses and forage plants: a practical treatise comprising their natural history; comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British prov Boston, Lee and Shepard, 1888. url p. 390.
- Grasses of North America / by W.J. Beal. New York: H. Holt, 1887-1896. url p. 89.
- Grasses of North America chapters on the physiology, composition, selection, improving and cultivation of grasses, management of grass lands, also chapters on clovers, injurious insects and fungi / by W.J. Beal. New York: H. Holt, 1896, c1887. url p. 103.
- Grasses of North America for farmers and students. .. / by W.J. Beal. Lansing: W.J. Beal, 1887-1896. url p. 103.
- Grasses of North America. .. by W. J. Beal. New York: H. Holt and company, 1887-96. url p. 89.
- Grasses: a handbook for use in the field and laboratory / by H. Marshall Ward. Cambridge: University Press, 1901. url p. 102, p. 55.
- Grasses; a handbook for use in the field and laboratory. By H. Marshall Ward. Cambridge, University Press, 1908. url p. 102, p. 30, p. 55.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 759.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 861.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 521.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url .
- Handbook of grasses, treating of their structure, classification, geographical distribution and uses, also describing the British species and their habitats. London, Macmillan, 1910. url , , , , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. London: Reeve, 1858. url p. 579.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 152.
- Heredity and evolution in plants, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co., 1920. url , .
- Heredity and evolution in plants, by C. Stuart Gager. .. with 113 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co., 1920. url p. 162, p. 262.
- Heredity and evolution in plants. Philadelphia, Blakiston, 1920. url p. 162, p. 262.
- Hooker, J. D. The botany of the Antarctic voyage of H.M. discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the Years 1839-1843: under the command of Captain Sir James Clark Ross /by Joseph Dalton Hooker. 3 1860 London: Reeve Brothers, 1844-60. url p. c.
- Hooker, W. J. Flora boreali-americana, or, the botany of the northern parts of British America: compiled principally from the plants collected by Dr. Richardson & Mr. Drummond on the late northern expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. To which are added (by permission of the Horticultural society of London, ) those of Mr. Douglas, from north-west America, and of other naturalists /by Sir William Jackson Hooker. 2 1840 London, H.G. Bohn -1840. url p. 234.
- How to know the grasses; pictured-keys for determining the common and important American grasses, with suggestions and aids for their study. Dubuque, Iowa, W. C. Brown Co. url p. 112.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 228.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants, drawn by W.H. Fitch and W.G. Smith. London: Reeve, 1908. url p. 284.
- Index to the names of North American grasses: a report presented to the Society for the Promotion of Agricultural Science, at the Indianapolis meeting, 1890 / [S.l.]Published by authority of the Society, 1980? url p. 11, p. 12.
- Introduction to physiological and systematical botany. London, Longman, 1819. url p. 115.
- Introduction to plant geography and some related sciences. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1960. url p. 204.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 43, p. 61.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 106, p. 97.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url , , p. 102, p. 322, p. 363, p. 381, p. 88.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url .
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington [etc., Washington Academy of Sciences] url , p. 26.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. London: The Society, 1857-1864. url p. 118.
- Key to the Rocky Mountain flora; Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia. New York, 1919. url p. 27.
- Lake Superior its physical character, vegetation and animals, compared with those of other and similar regions / Boston: Gould, Kendall and Lincoln, 1850. url .
- Lake Superior. [With a narrative of the tour by J. Elliot Cabot. Huntington, N.Y.]R. E. Krieger Pub. Co., 1974 [c1850] url p. 167.
- Lake Superior: its physical character, vegetation, and animals, compared with those of other and similar regions. By Louis Agassiz. With a narrative of the tour, by J. Elliot Cabot. And contributions by other scientific gentlemen. .. Boston, Gould, Kendall and Lincoln, 1850. url p. 167, p. 167.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 10, p. 206, p. 265, p. 298, p. 62, p. 84.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 353.
- Lund easement baseline biological inventory / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2001 url .
- MAB Biosphere Reserves: Site Descriptions, post compilation 5 (October 1990) UNESCO MAB Programme url .
- Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology. London: printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1829-1837. url p. 169.
- Magazine of zoology and botany. Edinburgh; Dublin. url p. 12, p. 4.
- Manual of British grasses / 1907 London: Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent,  url figures , figure , p. 12, p. 121, p. 44.
- Manual of the botany (Phaenogamia and Pteridophyta) of the Rocky mountain region, from New Mexico to the British boundary. By John M. Coulter. and Chicago: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and company, 1885. url p. 410.
- Manual of the botany (Phænogamia and Pteridophyta) of the Rocky mountain region, from New Mexico to the British boundary. and Chicago, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and Company, 1885. url .
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 102.
- Manual of the grasses of the United States / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington: U.S. G.P.O., 1935. url p. 353, p. 354, p. 355, p. 927.
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url , .
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 106, p. 107, p. 111, p. 114, p. 116, p. 117, p. 119, p. 121, p. 124, p. 130, p. 133, p. 134, p. 139, p. 141, p. 145, p. 148, p. 150, p. 155, p. 159, p. 161, p. 166, p. 17, p. 170, p. 171, p. 174, p. 188, p. 198, p. 20, p. 211, p. 229, p. 230, p. 242, p. 247, p. 248, p. 250, p. 260, p. 276, p. 277, p. 278, p. 300, p. 302, p. 35, p. 363, p. 375, p. 455, p. 457, p. 498, p. 577, p. 588, p. 746, p. 77, p. 79, p. 88, p. 89, p. 89.
- Memoirs of the National Academy of Sciences. Washington, D. C.: Government Printing Office, 1866- url , .
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 26, p. 26.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 353.
- Memorials, journal and botanical correspondence of Charles Cardale Babington. Cambridge, [Eng.]: Macmillan and Bowes, 1897. url p. 115, p. 289, p. 463.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url p. 45, p. 45.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url .
- Mount Rainier: a record of exploration / edited by Edmond S. Meany. New York: Macmillan, 1916. url p. 282.
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 136, p. 30.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 159, p. 159.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1909] url .
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 11, p. 133, p. 22, p. 251, p. 28, p. 30, p. 31, p. 46, p. 50, p. 51, p. 53, p. 9, p. 91, p. 94.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 101, p. 145, p. 162, p. 172, p. 187, p. 191, p. 212, p. 268, p. 27, p. 283, p. 298, p. 344, p. 38, p. 385, p. 404, p. 405, p. 45, p. 480, p. 53, p. 55, p. 62, p. 96, p. 98.
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url .
- On the Lysianassa magellanica H. Milne Edwards, and on the Crustacea of the suborder Amphipoda and subfamily Lysianassina found an [i.e., on] the coast of Sweden and Norway / by William Lilljeborg. Upsala: Royal Acad. Press, 1865. url p. 10.
- Pamphlets on forestry. Grazing. [1900?- url , p. 10, p. 47.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 143, p. 32, p. 34.
- Plant indicators: the relation of plant communities to process and practice. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url p. 384.
- Plant sociology; the study of plant communities; authorized English translation of Pflanzensoziologie, by Dr. J. Braun-Blanquet. Translated, revised and edited by George D. Fuller and Henry S. Conard. New York and London, McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1932. url p. 310, p. 427.
- Plant species of concern and plant associations of Powder River county, Montana / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2002. url .
- Plantae Bakerianae by Edw. L. Greene, and others. Washington, D.C.: s.n., 1901 url , p. 36, p. 42.
- Plantæ Bakerianæ / by Edw. L. Greene and others. [Washington, D.C.: s.n., 1901. url , p. 36, p. 42.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 603, p. 603, p. 884, p. 884, p. 95.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 408.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 146, p. 146, p. 71.
- Proceedings of the Davenport Academy of Natural Sciences. Davenport, Ia., Academy of Natural Sciences [etc.] url p. 332.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url p. 161.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 8 1885 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 220, p. 529.
- Pteridophyta, Gymnospermae and Monocotyledones / by O. Gelert and C.H. Ostenfeld. Copenhagen: Nordiske forlag, 1902. url p. 100.
- Publications in botany / Ottawa: The Museum, 1969- url p. 27, p. 33, p. 47, p. 54, p. 55, p. 64, p. 7.
- Range management in the state of Washington. Washington, Gov't print. off., 1905. url p. 26.
- Rare plant inventory and plant community descriptions of the Sweet Grass Hills, Proposed Area of Critical Environmental Concern (PACEC), Toole and Liberty Counties, Montana / prepared for United States Department of Interior, Bureau of Land Management; prepared by Western Technology and Engineering, Inc. in cooperation with Montana Natural Heritage Program. Helena, MT: Western Technology and Engineering, Inc.,  url .
- Recent advances in cytology, by C. D. Darlington. With a foreword by J. B. S. Haldane. With 16 plates, 160 text-figures and 81 tables. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., inc., 1937. url p. 187, p. 606.
- Recent advances in microscopy; biological applications, edited by A. Piney. With 83 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., inc., 1931. url p. 232.
- Report & transactions. BirminghamHerald Press url p. 132, p. 132.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: James B. Lyon, State Printer, 1867-1924. url p. 16.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 202.
- Report of the geological exploration of the fortieth parallel / Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1870-80 url p. 375, p. 519.
- Report on an exploration in the Yukon district, N.W.T., and adjacent northern portion of British Columbia, 1887 by George M. Dawson. Montreal: Dawson, 1888. url .
- Report upon United States Geographical surveys west of the one hundredth meridian, Washington, Govt. print. off., 1875-89. url , .
- Reports and papers on botany. London: Printed for the Ray society, 1846-49. url p. 327.
- Reports of the Director. .. / Experimental Farms. Ottawa: Experimental Farms, 1888-1916. url p. 123.
- Reports of the Princeton University Expeditions to Patagonia, 1896-1899. J. B. Hatcher in charge. Edited by William B. Scott. Princeton, The University, 1901-32 [v. 1, 1903] url p. 22, p. 31.
- Rocky mountain flowers; an illustrated guide for plantlovers and plant-users; with twenty-five plates in color and twenty-one plates in black and white [by] Frederic Edward Clements...and Edith Schwartz Clements... 1914 New York city, the H.W. Wilson company, 1914. url p. 358, explanation of plate 46.
- Royle, J. F. Illustrations of the botany and other branches of the natural history of the Himalayan Mountains: and of the flora of Cashmere /by J. Forbes Royle. 1 1839 London: Wm. H. Allen, 1839. url p. 18, p. 18.
- Science progress. London: Scientific Press, [1894-1898] url p. 395.
- Science studies, v.1, no. 1-3. Bozeman, Mont.1905. url p. 123, p. 136.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 843.
- Seemann, B. The botany of the voyage of H.M.S. Herald: under the command of Captain Henry Kellett, R.N., C.B., during the years 1845-51 /by Berthold Seemann. 1852-1857 London: Lovell Reeve, 1852-1857. url p. 468.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 370, p. 371.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 380, p. 382.
- Sensitive plant survey in the Horse Prairie Creek drainage, Beaverhead County, Montana, Butte District, Bureau of Land Management / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for United States Department of Interior, Bureau of Land management, Dillon Resource Area. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1995. url p. 41.
- Sensitive plant survey in the Sweetgrass Hills, Liberty and Toole Counties, Montana / prepared by Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 8.
- Sensitive plant survey of the Sage Creek Area, Beaverhead County, Montana, Dillon Resource Area, Bureau of Land Management / prepared by Peter Lesica and Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for USDI Bureau of Land Management, Butte District. Helena, Mt.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 39.
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Big Belt and Elkhorn Mountains, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Helena National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jackie M. Poole and Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Helena National Forest. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url , .
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Gallatin National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for U.S. Forest Service, Gallatin National Forest. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 51, p. 75.
- Sensitive plant surveys, 1989: U.S. Forest Service, Region 1, Gallatin National Forest / prepared for United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service; prepared by Sarah Y. Mathews. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 21, p. 32, p. 33.
- Some salient points in the science of the earth / by Sir J. William Dawson. New York: Harper & Brothers, 1894. url p. 449.
- Special report on the history and present condition of the sheep industry of the United States / Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1892. url .
- Species and varieties, their origin by mutation; lectures delivered at the University of California Chicago, The Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1906. url , .
- Species and varieties: their origin by mutation / lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo DeVries; edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago: The Open Court; 1906, c1904. url p. 696, p. 840.
- Species and varieties; their origin by mutation. Lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo De Vries. Edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago, K. Paul, Trench, Truber, 1906 [c1904] url p. 694, p. 838.
- Spixiana. 8 1985 München: Zoologische Staatssammlung München, 1977- url p. 159, p. 161.
- Status review of Agoseris lackschewitzii, U.S.D.A., Forest Service, Region 1, Gallatin National Forest, Montana / prepared by Diane S. Pavek and Lisa Ann Schassberger. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 20, p. 24, p. 27, p. 31, p. 9.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, Flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / by H. Stuart Thompson; with 33 coloured plates (168 figures) by George Flemwell. London: Dutton, 1912. url p. 3.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / [London]: E.P. Dutton & Co., 1912. url .
- Survey for Botrychium paradoxum in the vicinity of Storm Lake, Deerlodge National Forest / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1993. url p. 49, p. 55.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url , , , , p. 101, p. 126, p. 142, p. 24, p. 25, p. 25, p. 29, p. 36, p. 37, p. 37, p. 38, p. 39, p. 40, p. 59, p. 62, p. 75, p. 78, p. 89.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 495.
- The Aleutian islands: their people and natural history (with keys for the identification of the birds and plants) City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1945. url p. 127.
- The American journal of science. 23 (2) 1857 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 385, p. 63, p. 72.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 473, p. 97.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 122, p. 124, p. 124, p. 181, p. 181, p. 234, p. 37.
- The British flora: comprising the phaenogamous or flowering plants, and the ferns / London, 1855. url p. 533.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 68 1954 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 190, p. 243, p. 327, p. 328, p. 355, p. 442, p. 46, p. 529, p. 538, p. 579, p. 580, p. 74.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 339, p. 350, p. 353, p. 419, p. 99.
- The Canadian naturalist and quarterly journal of science: with proceedings of the Natural History Society of Montreal. Montreal: Dawson, 1869-1883. url p. 418.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 283.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 360, p. 77, p. 360, p. 76, p. 76.
- The Eskimo tribes; their distribution and characteristics, especially as regards language, with a comparative vocabulary and sketch-map. Copenhagen1887-91. url p. 145, p. 17, p. 188, p. 35.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 502.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1128, p. 192, p. 985.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. 2 1874 London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 197, p. 242, p. 432.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 147, p. 50, p. 58, p. 60.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 43 1983 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 120, p. 159, p. 226, p. 239, p. 342.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 36 1903-05 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 384, p. 446.
- The Magazine of horticulture, botany, and all useful discoveries and improvements in rural affairs. Boston: Hovey and Co., 1837- url p. 185, p. 90.
- The Mountaineer. Seattle, The Mountaineers, 1907-1921. url p. 110.
- The North American Pyrenomycetes. A contribution to mycologic botany, by J. B. Ellis and B. M. Everhart. With original illustrations by F. W. Anderson. Newfield, N. J., Ellis & Everhart, 1892. url p. 296.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 95, p. 95.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 377.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 215, p. 346, p. 740, p. 791, p. 916, p. 971.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 184.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 366.
- The Restigouche with notes especially on its flora / by G.U. Hay. S.l.: s.n., 1896? url .
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 697.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 15, p. 259.
- The University of Colorado studies. Boulder, University of Colorado. url p. 129, p. 150, p. 162, p. 281, p. 284.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 8 1913 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 113, p. 91, p. 91.
- The University of Missouri studies. [Columbia]: The University, 1905-1918. url p. 181, p. 183, p. 210, p. 33, p. 35.
- The botany of Iceland, edited by L. Kolderup Rosenvinge and Eug. Warming. Copenhagen, J. Frimodt, 1912- url p. 310.
- The botany of crop plants: a text and reference book. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son, [c1917] url .
- The botany of crop plants; a text and reference book, by Wilfred W. Robbins. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston[c1917] url p. 223.
- The chromosomes. New York, Chemical Pub. Co., 1937. url p. 116.
- The flora of Boulder, Colorado, and vicinity, by Francis Potter Daniels. .. [Columbia, Mo.]The University of Missouri, 1911. url p. 297, p. 33, p. 35.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. 7 1897 London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 236, p. 236.
- The flora of British India. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1875-97. url .
- The flora of Canada, by J. M. Macoun and M. O. Malte. Ottawa: Government printing bureau, 1917. url p. 11.
- The flora of Disko Island and the adjacent coast of West Greenland from 66-71 N. lat.: with remarks on phytogeography, ecology, flowering, fructification and hibernation / by Morten P. Porsild; assisted by A. Erling Porsild. København: B. Lunos bogt., 1920 [i.e. 1926]- url p. 32.
- The flora of the Alps being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. London: J.C. Nimmo, 1896. url p. 182.
- The flora of the Alps; being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees, London, J. C. Nimmo, 1896-1900. url .
- The forage and fiber crops in America, by Thomas F. Hunt. New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1907. url p. 52.
- The fur seals and fur-seal islands of the North Pacific ocean. Washington, Govt. Print. Off.1898-99. url , .
- The genera of grasses of the United States: with special reference to the economic species / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1920. url p. 140.
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 410, p. 410, p. 572, p. 572.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url , .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 572.
- The grasses and grass-like plants of New Mexico / E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Agricultural College, N.M.: New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1912. url p. 76, p. 79.
- The grasses of Britain / by Richard Parnell; drawn and engraved by the author. Edinburgh: W. Blackwood, 1845. url , p. 18, p. 20, p. 64.
- The grasses of Great Britain, London, R. Hardwicke url .
- The grasses of Iowa / L. H. Pammel, J. B. Weems, and F. Lamson-Schribner. Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1901-1904  i.e. 1905] url p. 148.
- The grasses of Scotland. Edinburgh [etc.]W. Blackwood and Sons, 1842. url p. 150, p. 18, p. 19, p. 20, p. 64.
- The mammals and life zones of Oregon. By Vernon Bailey. Washington[U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1936. url p. 31.
- The miscellaneous botanical works of Robert Brown vol. II, containing III. systematic memoirs, and IV. contributions to systematic works. London: Published for the Ray Society by R. Hardwicke, 1867. url .
- The naturalist in Norway: or, Notes on the wild animals, birds, fishes, and plants of that country. .. / by Rev. J. Bowden. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1869. url p. 257.
- The nature book; a popular description by pen and camera of the delights and beauties of the open air. London, Cassell, 1908-09. url p. 578.
- The reason why: a careful collection of many hundreds of reasons for things which, though generally believed, are imperfectly understood. A book of condensed scientific knowledge. .. By the author of "Inquire within". New York, Dick & Fitzgerald[1867?] url p. 309.
- The vegetation and phytogeography of coastal southwestern James Bay / Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum, 1980. url p. 17.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , .
- Through the heart of Patagonia, New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1902. url .
- Through the heart of Patagonia, by H. Hesketh Prichard. .. with illustrations from drawings in colour and black and white, by John Guille Millais. .. and from photographs New York, D. Appleton and company, 1902 url p. 339.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 146, p. 168.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 171, p. 4, p. 6.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 542.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 111, p. 390, p. 467.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 6 1901-1905 London. url p. 318, p. 346, p. 356, p. 358, p. 485.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, The Society. url , , p. 105, p. 282, p. 326, p. 47.
- Transactions of the New York Academy of Sciences. New York: New York Academy of Sciences. url p. 75.
- Transactions of the Royal Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: Douglas & Foulis, 1888-1926. url p. 55.
- Transactions of the Sapporo Natural History Society. Sapporo, Japan, Sapporo Natural History Society, Hokkaido Imperial University. url p. 164.
- Travels in the central Caucasus and Bashan; including visits to Ararat and Tabreez and ascents of Kazbek and Elbruz. By Douglas W. Freshfield. London: Longmans, Green, & co., 1869. url p. 503, p. 508, p. 509.
- University of California publications in botany. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1902-2001. url p. 137, p. 59.
- University studies of the University of Nebraska. Lincoln. url p. 347, p. 351.
- Vascular plant and sensitive plant species inventory for the highland mountains, Deerlodge National Forest; prepared for Deerlodge National Forest / prepared by Peter Lesica. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 24, p. 45.
- Vegetation and flora of the Line Creek Plateau area, Carbon County, Montana / prepared by Peter Lesica and the Montana Natural Heritage Program; prepared for USDA Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 24.
- Watson, S. Botany /by Sereno Watson, aided by Daniel C. Eaton, and others. 5 1871 Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1871. url p. 519.
- Wild flowers of the North American mountains. New York, McBride, 1917. url p. 373, p. 82.
- Zoe:a biological journal. 2 1891 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 293, p. 324, p. 324, p. 379.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 27, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 9 providers.
- "Phleum alpinum". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 367. Published by Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 30, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, The Deaver Herbarium, Northern Arizona University
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- University of Washington Burke Museum, Vascular Plant Collection - University of Washington Herbarium
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2661196
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-41063
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:415775-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 28001
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 41063
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: PHCO9
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 53508
- "Phleum alpinum". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 367. Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 597.980 meters (1,961.877 feet), Standard Deviation = 408.940 based on 8,723 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]