Common Names in English:
Fringeleaf Paspalum, Narrow Paspalum, Sand Paspalum, Slender Crown Grass, Slender Paspalum, Thin Paspalum
, or with creeping
rhizomes and stolons. Leaf blades
or narrowly lanceolate, flat; ligule membranous. Inflorescence composed of single, digitate or scattered
; rachis flat, often winged
single or paired
in 2-4 rows
, densely crowded, lower lemma abaxial
. Spikelets orbicular
; lower glume
absent or rarely present as a small scale; upper glume as long as spikelet or nearly so, rarely absent, convex
, membranous to subpapery, 3-7-veined; lower lemma resembling upper glume, flat, neuter
without palea; upper lemma usually coriaceous
, rarely softer, margins
, apex obtuse
. x = 10.
About 330 species:tropical and warm-temperate regions, especially in the New World; 16 species (two endemic, eight introduced ) in China.
This genus includes a number of good forage grasses and also some widespread weeds .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,495 meters (0 to 8,186 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Juncanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Commelinidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Paspalum bushii Nash • Paspalum ciliatifolium Michx. • Paspalum ciliatifolium var. muehlenbergii (Nash) Fern. • Paspalum ciliatifolium var. stramineum (Nash) Fern. • Paspalum debile Michx. • Paspalum longepedunculatum Le Conte • Paspalum muehlenbergii Nash • Paspalum propinquum Nash • Paspalum psammophilum Nash • Paspalum pubescens Muhl. Ex Willd. • Paspalum rigidifolium Nash • Paspalum separatum Shinners • Paspalum setaceum var. calvescens Fern. • Paspalum setaceum var. ciliatifolium (Michx.) Vasey • Paspalum setaceum var. longepedunculatum (Le Conte) Wood • Paspalum setaceum var. muehlenbergii (Nash) D. Banks • Paspalum setaceum var. psammophilum (Nash) D. Banks • Paspalum setaceum var. rigidifolium (Nash) D. Banks • Paspalum setaceum var. stramineum (Nash) D. Banks • Paspalum setaceum var. supinum (Bosc Ex Poir.) Trin. • Paspalum setaceum var. villosissimum (Nash) D. Banks • Paspalum stramineum Nash • Paspalum supinum Bosc Ex Poir.
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Paspalum
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 78 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
P. acuminatum (Book Paspalum) · P. almum (Comb's Crowngrass) · P. arundinaceum (Thick Ditch Crowngrass) · P. bakeri (Baker's Crowngrass) · P. bifidum (Pitchfork Crowngrass) · P. blodgettii (Blodgett's Crowngrass) · P. boscianum (Bull Crowngrass) · P. caespitosum (Blue Crowngrass) · P. clavuliferum (Hillside Crowngrass) · P. compressum (Savannah Grass) · P. conjugatum (Herbe Creole) · P. conspersum (Scattered Paspalum) · P. convexum (Latin American Crowngrass) · P. coryphaeum (Emperor Crowngrass) · P. decumbens (Decumbent Crowngrass) · P. densum (Dense Crowngrass) · P. denticulatum (Longtom) · P. dilatatum (Dallas Grass) · P. dilatatum dilatatum (Palpalum Dilate) · P. dispar (Mosquito Crowngrass) · P. dissectum (Mudbank Crowngrass) · P. distichum (Joint Paspalum) · P. fasciculatum (Mexican Crowngrass) · P. fimbriatum (Colombia Grass) · P. floridanum (Florida Paspalum) · P. fluitans (Horse-Tail Paspalum) · P. hartwegianum (Hartweg's Paspalum) · P. hieronymi (Paspalum) · P. hydrophilum (Water Paspalum) · P. intermedium (Intermediate Paspalum) · P. laeve (Field Paspalum) · P. laeve var. laeve (Field Paspalum) · P. langei (Rusty-Seed Paspalum) · P. laxum (Coconut Paspalum) · P. lividum (Longtom) · P. longifolium (Long-Leaved Paspalum) · P. macrophyllum (Bigleaf Paspalum) · P. malacophyllum (Ribbed Paspalum) · P. maritimum (Coastalsand Paspalum) · P. millegrana (Paja Brava) · P. minus (Mat Paspalum) · P. modestum (Water Paspalum) · P. molle (Soft Paspalum) · P. monostachyum (Gulfdune Paspalum) · P. nicorae (Brunswickgrass) · P. notatum (Bahia Grass) · P. notatum var. latiflorum (Bahiagrass) · P. notatum var. notatum (Bahiagrass) · P. notatum var. saurae (Bahiagrass) · P. notatum 'Argentine' (Bahia Grass) · P. notatum 'Pensacola' (Bahia Grass) · P. notatum 'Tifton 9' (Bahia Grass) · P. orbiculatum (Circular Paspalum) · P. paniculatum (Arrocillo) · P. parviflorum (Smallseed Paspalum) · P. pauciciliatum (Prostrate Dallis Grass) · P. paucispicatum (Large Knotgrass) · P. pleostachyum (Tropical Paspalum) · P. plicatulum (Brown-Seed Paspalum) · P. praecox (Early Paspalum) · P. pubiflorum (Hairy-Seed Paspalum) · P. pubiflorum var. pubiflorum (Hairyseed Paspalum) · P. pulchellum (Grand Paspalum) · P. quadrifarium (Tussock Paspalum) · P. racemosum (Peruvian Paspalum) · P. rupestre (Rock Paspalum) · P. scrobiculatum (India Paspalum) · P. scrobiculatum var. orbiculare (Ditch Millet) · P. secans (Slender Ditch Paspalum) · P. setaceum (Fringeleaf Paspalum) · P. thunbergii (Japanese Paspalum) · P. unispicatum (One-Spike Paspalum) · P. urvillei (Vasey Grass) · P. vaginatum (Seashore Paspalum) · P. vaginatum 'Te-13' (Seashore Paspalum) · P. virgatum (Talquezal) · P. virletii (Virlet Paspalum) · P. wrightii (Wrights Paspalum)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 124.
- A catalogue of plants growing without cultivation in the County of Nantucket, Mass. Northampton, Mass., Gazette Printing Co., 1888. url p. 70.
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and higher cryptogams, both native and introduced, found within about thirty miles of Hanover, N. H., including a few cultivated species, to which is appended a list of vertebrate animals of the same region. By Henry Jesup. [Hanover?]Printed for the Author, 1891. url p. 51.
- A catalogue of the phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants of Worcester County, Masachusetts. Worcester: [Franklin P. Rice]1894. url p. 60.
- A catalogue of the plants found in New Bedford and its vicinity: arranged according to the season of their flowering / by E.W. Hervey. New Bedford, Mass.: Press of E. Anthony, 1860. url p. 22.
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 602.
- A history of the game birds, wild fowl and shore birds of Massachusetts and adjacent states, including those used for food which have disappeared since the settlement of the country, and those which are now hunted for food or sport, with observations on their former abundance and recent decre By Edward Howe Forbush. Boston, Wright & Potter Printing Company, State Printers, 1916 url p. 584.
- A history of the game birds, wild-fowl and shore birds of Massachusetts and adjacent states: including those used for food which have disappeared since the settlement of the country, and those which are now hunted for food or sport, with observations on their former abundance and recent decre Boston: Wright & Potter printing company, state printers, 1912. url p. 584.
- A list of works on North American fungi. A supplemental list of works on North American fungi. Cambridge, Mass.Library of Harvard University1888 url p. 6.
- A practical treatise on grasses and forage plants: comprising their natural history, comparative nutritive value, methods of cultivating, cutting and curing, and management of grass lands. By Charles L. Flint. New York, G. P. Putnam, 1857. url p. 10.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 153.
- American grasses / Washington: Gov. Print. Off., 1897-1901. url p. 346, p. 44.
- American grasses / by F. Lamson-Scribner. Washington: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Division of Agrontology, 1897- url p. 346, p. 44, p. 44.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 129.
- An introduction to the study of botany, including a treatise on vegetable physiology, and descriptions of the most common plants in the middle and northern states. By J.L. Comstock. .. New York, Pratt, Woodford, Farmer & Brace, 1856 [c1854] url p. 305.
- Analytical class-book of botany: designed for academies and private students. In two parts: Part 1. Elements of vegetable structure and physiology / by Frances H. Green. Part 11. Systematic botany, by Joseph W. Congdon. New York: D. Appleton, 1856. url p. 219.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 70.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 13, p. 20.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 16 1905 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 41.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 71.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 10, p. 7, p. 8.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 43.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 187, p. 78.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 153.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 90.
- Annual report of the State Botanist of the State of New York. Albany: Troy Press, 1889-1897. url , .
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 15, p. 94.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 11 - 20 1929 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 31, p. 36, p. 42.
- Biologia centrali-americana; or, Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America. London, Pub. for the editors by R. H. Porter and Dulau & co., 1879-88. url .
- Botanical explorations in southern Texas during the season of 1894. [Lancaster, Pa.]The New Era Printing House, 1895. url p. 11.
- Botany of the Bermudas / by H.B. Small. Hamilton, Bermuda: S. Nelmes, 1913. url p. 75.
- Botany of the Bermudas, Hamilton, BermudaS. Nelmes, 1913. url .
- Botany of the United States north of Virginia; comprising descriptions of the flowering and fern-like plants hitherto found in those states, arranged according to the natural system. With a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnean system, a New York, Harper, 1868. url p. 422.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 17 1912 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 175, p. 176, p. 290, p. 926.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 120, p. 198, p. 42.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 346, p. 44, p. 44.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 185, p. 223.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass.: Essex Institute. url p. 103.
- Bulletin of the Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History. Bloomington, Ill.: The Laboratory, 1876-1918. url p. 158, p. 158, p. 161, p. 163, p. 170, p. 170, p. 181, p. 181, p. 403, p. 403, p. 403, p. 62, p. 62, p. 93.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 135, p. 153.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 35 1908 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 182, p. 193, p. 239, p. 287, p. 353, p. 40, p. 677, p. 70, p.
- Bulletin, Gulf Biologic Station, Baton Rouge, Louisiana State Board of Agriculture and Immigration., 1902-1910. url p. 12.
- Bulletin. Salem, Mass. url p. 103.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 3, p. 44, p. 45, p. 6.
- Catalogue of plants found in New Jersey by N. L. Britton. Trenton: John L. Murphy Pub. Co., 1889 url p. 279.
- Catalogue of the flora of Vermont, including phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants growing without cultivation. Burlington, [Vt.]Free Press Association, 1888. url p. 59.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 50.
- Catalogue of the grasses of Cuba. By A. S. Hitchcock. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1909. url p. 248, p. 251.
- Catalogue of the grasses of Cuba. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1909. url p. 248, p. 251.
- Circular / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 3.
- Construction and stabilization of coastal foredunes with vegetation, Padre Island, Texas / Bill E. Dahl. .. [et al.]. Fort Belvoir, Va.: Coastal Engineering Research Center, U.S. Army, Corps of Engineers, 1975. url p. 39.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 28 1943 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 109, p. 113, p. 114, p. 145, p. 171, p. 174, p. 2, p. 218, p. 230, p. 233, p. 251, p. 3, p. 315, p. 462, p. 464, p. 466, p. 477, p. 512, p. 513, p. 516, p. 53, p. 73, p. 74, p. 74, p. 75, p. 76, p. 78, p. 84, p. 86, p. X.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 24 2005 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 223.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 94.
- Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884. url p. 120, p. 42.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 40.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 360.
- Family #15, Gramineae / Richard W. Pohl. 4 1980 [Chicago]: Field Museum of Natural History, 1980. url p. 400, p. 401, p. 450, p. 604.
- Field and forest. [Washington: Columbia Press, 1875-1878]. url p. 122.
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 36.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 1029, p. 149.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url .
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 101, p. 80.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 55.
- Flora of Vermont; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Ezra Brainerd, L.R. Jones and W.W. Eggleston, committee for the Vermont botanical club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Association, 1900. url p. 94.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 193.
- Flora of Worcester County; a catalogue of the phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants of Worcester County, Masachusetts. Worcester, 1894. url p. 60.
- Flora of the Blue Hills, Middlesex Fells, Stony Brook and Beaver Brook reservations, of the Metropolitan Park Commission, Massachusetts. Boston: C.M. Barrows, 1896. url p. 96.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 73, p. 74.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 35.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 73, p. 73.
- Florula cestrica: an essay towards a catalogue of the phænogamous plants, native and naturalized, growing in the vicinity of the borough of West-Chester, in Chester County, Pennsylvania; to which is subjoined an appen by William Darlington. West-Chester, Penn.: Printed for the author by S. Siegfried, 1826. url .
- Grasses and forage plants a practical treatise comprising their natural history, comparative nutritive value, methods of cultivating, cutting and curing, and the management of grass lands in the United States and British provi by Charles L. Flint. Boston: J.E. Tilton, 1867. url .
- Grasses and forage plants, a practical treatise, comprising their natural history, comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British Pro Boston, Phillips, 1859. url p. 139.
- Grasses and forage plants. A practical treatise, comprising their natural history; comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British pro Boston: Phillips, Sampson and company, 1859. url p. 139, p. 139.
- Grasses and forage plants: a practical treatise comprising their natural history; comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British prov Boston, Lee and Shepard, 1888. url p. 139, p. 21.
- Grasses of the West Indies. By A. S. Hitchcock and Agnes Chase. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1917. url p. 315.
- Grasses of the West Indies. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1917. url p. 315.
- Gray's new manual of botany (7th ed.--illustrated) A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1908] url p. 97.
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 97.
- Guide to the Economic Museum of the New York Botanical Garden. New York, 1921. url p. 135.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url p. 184.
- Life-histories of the birds of eastern Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Published by the author, 1876-77. url .
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 30.
- Manual of the botany (Phaenogamia and Pteridophyta) of the Rocky mountain region, from New Mexico to the British boundary. By John M. Coulter. and Chicago: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and company, 1885. url p. 403.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi, and north of North Carolina and Tennessee / by Asa Gray; assisted by specialists in certain groups; with twenty-five plates, illustrating the sedges, grasses, ferns, etc. New York: American Book Company; c1889. url p. 628.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 74.
- Manual of the grasses of the United States / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington: U.S. G.P.O., 1935. url p. 584, p. 585, p. 917, p. 922.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 30.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url p. 43, p. 43.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url , .
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 13, p. 20.
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 9.
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 298, p. 299.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 422, p. 422.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) by John M. Coulter, rev. by Aven Nelson. Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1909] url p. 44.
- New manual of botany. A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearr. and extensively rev. by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New YorkAmerican Book Co.[c1908] url p. 97.
- Nomenclature of plants; a text for the application by the case method of the International code of botanical nomenclature. New York, Ronald Press Co. url p. 26.
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 187, p. 369, p. 433, p. 92.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 94.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 116, p. 124, p. 24, p. 26, p. 277, p. 285, p. 330, p. 469, p. 472, p. 68.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 113, p. 171.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url , .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 113.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 71.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 284, p. 284, p. 288, p. 288.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 146.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 263.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 123, p. 24.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 193.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: James B. Lyon, State Printer, 1867-1924. url p. 12, p. 37.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url p. 13, p. 20.
- Report of the flora of Westchester County. Prepared for Bolton's History of the County. New YorkRoper & Burdge, 1880? url p. 823.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 77.
- Root development in the grassland formation, a correlation of the root systems of native vegetation and crop plants. Washington, Carnegie inst. of Washington, 1920. url , p. 45.
- Rydberg, P. A. Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, and British Columbia /by P. A. Rydberg... 1917 New York: The author, 1917. url p. 35.
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url , p. 185, p. 186, p. 187, p. 223.
- Text-book of western botany: consisting of Coulter's Manual of the botany of the Rocky mountains, to which is prefixed Gray's lessons in botany. For the use of schools and colleges between the Mississippi river and the Rocky moun Chicago: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and Company, 1885. url p. 403.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants: together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the Americ by Alphonso Wood. New York: A. S. Barnes, 1877, c1870. url p. 389.
- The American natural history: a foundation of useful knowledge of the higher animals of North America / William T. Hornaday. .. illustrated by 225 original drawings. .. 151 photographs. .. and with numerous charts and maps. New York: C. Scribner's sons, 1914. url p. 95.
- The American natural history; a foundation of useful knowledge of the higher animals of North America, New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1914. url .
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 190, p. 190.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 132, p. 189.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 67, p. 86.
- The book of grasses: an illustrated guide to the common grasses, and the most common of the rushes and sedges / by Mary Evans Francis; illustrated by H.H. Knight, Arthur G. Eldredge and Sarah Francis Dorrance. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1912. url , p. 29, p. 35.
- The book of grasses; an illustrated guide to the common grasses, and the most common of the rushes and sedges, Garden City, N. Y., Doubleday, Page & Co., 1912. url , .
- The butterflies of the eastern United States; for the use of classes in zoology, and private students, by G. H. French. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott company[1914, c1885] url p. 315.
- The flora of Essex County, Massachusetts. Salem, Essex Institute, 1880. url .
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 411, p. 411.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 411.
- The grasses of Illinois / by Edna Mosher. Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois Agricultural Experiment Station, 1918. url p. 285, p. 289, p. 290.
- The grasses of Illinois, by Edna Mosher. Urbana, Ill., 1918. url p. 289.
- The grasses of Iowa / L. H. Pammel, J. B. Weems, and F. Lamson-Schribner. Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1901-1904  i.e. 1905] url p. 45.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 397.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url , .
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 187.
- The plants of southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 187.
- The vegetation of the New Jersey Pine-Barrens: an ecologic investigation / by John W. Harshberger. Philadelphia: Christopher Sower Company, 1916. url p. 187.
- Through glade and mead; a contribution to local natural history, Worcester, Mass., Putnam, Davis and Company, [c1894] url , .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 158.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 62, p. 62, p. 62.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 86.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 154, p. 85.
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url p. 115, p. 136, p. 181, p. 195, p. 92.
- Types of American grasses: a study of the American species of grasses described by Linnæus, Gronovius, Sloane, Swartz, and Michaux. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1908. url p. 145.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 22, 2007:
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Arizona State University Vascular Plant Herbarium
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2661178
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-41042
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13753734
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:57043-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 26923
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 41042
- MoBot NameID: 25512345
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PMPOA4P1G0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: PASU5
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 53751
- Shou-liang Chen & Sylvia M. Phillips "Paspalum". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 1, 500, 526. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 237.930 meters (780.610 feet), Standard Deviation = 300.370 based on 1,076 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]