Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Chinese:
Mao Hua Que Bai
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in English:
Dallas Grass, Dallasgrass, Dallis Grass, Dallisgrass, Herbe De Miel, Herbe Sirop, Hiku Nua, Large Water Grass, Palpalum Dilate, Paspalum, Water Grass
Common Names in French:
Herbe De Dallis, Millet Bâtard, Paspale Dilaté (Belgium)
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Japanese:
Shima Suzume No Hie
Common Names in Spanish:
Grama De Agua, Hierba Dallis, Hierba De Australia, Pasto Dalis, Pasto Dallis, Pasto Miel, Pasto Miel (Argentina), Zacate Dallis (Mexico)
, or with creeping
rhizomes and stolons. Leaf blades
or narrowly lanceolate, flat; ligule membranous. Inflorescence composed of single, digitate or scattered
; rachis flat, often winged
single or paired
in 2-4 rows
, densely crowded, lower lemma abaxial
. Spikelets orbicular
; lower glume
absent or rarely present as a small scale; upper glume as long as spikelet or nearly so, rarely absent, convex
, membranous to subpapery, 3-7-veined; lower lemma resembling upper glume, flat, neuter
without palea; upper lemma usually coriaceous
, rarely softer, margins
, apex obtuse
. x = 10.
About 330 species:tropical and warm-temperate regions, especially in the New World; 16 species (two endemic, eight introduced ) in China.
This genus includes a number of good forage grasses and also some widespread weeds .
Species Paspalum dilatatum
Perennial from a short rhizome. Culms forming a coarse , spreading tuft, 50-150 cm tall, ca. 5 mm in diam., glabrous . Leaf sheaths glabrous or pilose in the lower part; leaf blades linear , 10-45 × 0.3-1.2 cm, glabrous, apex attenuate; ligule 2-4 mm. Inflorescence axis 2-20 cm; racemes 2-10, 5-12 cm, spaced, diverging, axils pilose; spikelets paired ; rachis 1-1.5 mm wide, glabrous. Spikelets green or purplish, broadly ovate , 3-4 mm, sharply acute; upper glume membranous, 5-9-veined, sparsely pubescent to almost glabrous on back, margins fringed with long white hairs ; lower lemma similar but not hairy ; upper lemma pallid at maturity, orbicular , ca. 2 mm, clearly shorter than spikelet, papillose-striate, apex rounded . Fl. and fr. May-Jul. 2n = 40, 50-63. [source]
Habit: Graminoid • Growth Form: Bunch • Shape and Orientation: Decumbent
Flowers: Bloom Period: Mid Spring • Flower Color: Yellow • Flower Conspicuous: No
Seeds: Seed per Pound: 281200 • Seed Spread Rate: Moderate • Seedling Vigor: Medium • Fruit/Seed Abundance: Low • Fruit/Seed Color: Brown • Fruit/Seed Conspicuous: No • Cold Stratification Required: No
Foliage: Foliage Color: Green • Foliage Porosity Summer: Moderate • Foliage Porosity Winter: Porous • Foliage Texture: Medium • Fall Conspicuous: No • Leaf Retention: No
Active Growth Period: Spring • Growth Rate: Moderate • After Harvest Regrowth Rate: Moderate • Mature Height (feet): 3.0 • Size: 12-18" tall. • Vegetative Spread Rate: Slow • Lifespan: Lifespan
Roadsides, waste places, naturalized .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,029 meters (0 to 6,657 feet).
Duration: Perennial • Coppice Potential: No • Progagated by Bulbs: No • Propagated by Bare Root: No • Propagated by Container: No • Propagated by Corms: No • Propagated by Cuttings: No • Propagated by Seed: Yes • Propagated by Sod: No • Propagated by Sprigs: No • Propagated by Tubers: No • Fruit/Seed Period Begin: Spring • Fruit/Seed Period End: Summer • Fruit/Seed Persistence: No
Culture: Space 9-12" apart.
Soil: Adapted to Medium Textured: Adapted to Medium Textured Soils • Adapted to Coarse Textured Soils: No • Anaerobic Tolerance: High • Salinity Tolerance: Medium • CaCO3 Tolerance: Low • Minimum pH: 4.9 • Maximum pH: 7.5 • Fertility Requirement: High
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun . • Shade Tolerance: Intermediate
Moisture: Drought Tolerance: Low • Minimum Precipitation: 35 • Maximum Precipitation: 60 • Moisture Use: High
Temperature: Minimum Temperature (F): -3 • Minimum Frost Free Days: 165 • Cold Hardiness: 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b, 11. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Juncanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Commelinidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Digitaria dilatata (Poiret) H. J. Coste.
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Paspalum
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 78 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
P. acuminatum (Book Paspalum) · P. almum (Comb's Crowngrass) · P. arundinaceum (Thick Ditch Crowngrass) · P. bakeri (Baker's Crowngrass) · P. bifidum (Pitchfork Crowngrass) · P. blodgettii (Blodgett's Crowngrass) · P. boscianum (Bull Crowngrass) · P. caespitosum (Blue Crowngrass) · P. clavuliferum (Hillside Crowngrass) · P. compressum (Savannah Grass) · P. conjugatum (Herbe Creole) · P. conspersum (Scattered Paspalum) · P. convexum (Latin American Crowngrass) · P. coryphaeum (Emperor Crowngrass) · P. decumbens (Decumbent Crowngrass) · P. densum (Dense Crowngrass) · P. denticulatum (Longtom) · P. dilatatum (Dallas Grass) · P. dilatatum dilatatum (Palpalum Dilate) · P. dispar (Mosquito Crowngrass) · P. dissectum (Mudbank Crowngrass) · P. distichum (Joint Paspalum) · P. fasciculatum (Mexican Crowngrass) · P. fimbriatum (Colombia Grass) · P. floridanum (Florida Paspalum) · P. fluitans (Horse-Tail Paspalum) · P. hartwegianum (Hartweg's Paspalum) · P. hieronymi (Paspalum) · P. hydrophilum (Water Paspalum) · P. intermedium (Intermediate Paspalum) · P. laeve (Field Paspalum) · P. laeve var. laeve (Field Paspalum) · P. langei (Rusty-Seed Paspalum) · P. laxum (Coconut Paspalum) · P. lividum (Longtom) · P. longifolium (Long-Leaved Paspalum) · P. macrophyllum (Bigleaf Paspalum) · P. malacophyllum (Ribbed Paspalum) · P. maritimum (Coastalsand Paspalum) · P. millegrana (Paja Brava) · P. minus (Mat Paspalum) · P. modestum (Water Paspalum) · P. molle (Soft Paspalum) · P. monostachyum (Gulfdune Paspalum) · P. nicorae (Brunswickgrass) · P. notatum (Bahia Grass) · P. notatum var. latiflorum (Bahiagrass) · P. notatum var. notatum (Bahiagrass) · P. notatum var. saurae (Bahiagrass) · P. notatum 'Argentine' (Bahia Grass) · P. notatum 'Pensacola' (Bahia Grass) · P. notatum 'Tifton 9' (Bahia Grass) · P. orbiculatum (Circular Paspalum) · P. paniculatum (Arrocillo) · P. parviflorum (Smallseed Paspalum) · P. pauciciliatum (Prostrate Dallis Grass) · P. paucispicatum (Large Knotgrass) · P. pleostachyum (Tropical Paspalum) · P. plicatulum (Brown-Seed Paspalum) · P. praecox (Early Paspalum) · P. pubiflorum (Hairy-Seed Paspalum) · P. pubiflorum var. pubiflorum (Hairyseed Paspalum) · P. pulchellum (Grand Paspalum) · P. quadrifarium (Tussock Paspalum) · P. racemosum (Peruvian Paspalum) · P. rupestre (Rock Paspalum) · P. scrobiculatum (India Paspalum) · P. scrobiculatum var. orbiculare (Ditch Millet) · P. secans (Slender Ditch Paspalum) · P. setaceum (Fringeleaf Paspalum) · P. thunbergii (Japanese Paspalum) · P. unispicatum (One-Spike Paspalum) · P. urvillei (Vasey Grass) · P. vaginatum (Seashore Paspalum) · P. vaginatum 'Te-13' (Seashore Paspalum) · P. virgatum (Talquezal) · P. virletii (Virlet Paspalum) · P. wrightii (Wrights Paspalum)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A discussion of Australian forestry: with special references to forestry in Western Australia, the necessity of an Australian forest policy, and notices of organised forestry in other parts of the world / by D. E. Hutchins. Perth, F. W. Simpson, government printer, 1916. url p. 56.
- A flora of Manila / Manila: Bureau of Printing, 1912, 1974 printing. url .
- A flora of Manila, by E. D. Merrill. Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1912. url p. 87.
- A handbook of tropical gardening and planting, with special reference to Ceylon, by H. F. Macmillan. .. Colombo, H.W. Cave & co., 1914. url p. 445, p. 590, p. 593.
- A manual of farm grasses, Washington, D. C., The author, 1921. url , , , , p. 114, p. 115.
- A manual of farm grasses, by A. S. Hitchcock. Washington, D. C.: The author, 1921. url , p. 114, p. 115.
- A manual of farm grasses. Washington, Hitchcock, 1921. url , p. 114.
- A text-book of grasses with especial reference to the economic species of the United States, by A. S. Hitchcock. New York, Macmillan, 1914. url .
- A text-book of grasses: with especial reference to the economic species of the United States / by A.S. Hitchock. New York: Macmillan, 1914. url p. 179, p. xvi.
- Agricultural news. Bridgetown, Barbados, Bowen & sons;1902-22. url p. 291, p. 428, p. 431, p. 94.
- American grasses / Washington: Gov. Print. Off., 1897-1901. url p. 49.
- American grasses / by F. Lamson-Scribner. Washington: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Division of Agrontology, 1897- url p. 49, p. 49.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 110, p. 111.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 132.
- Annual report of the Office of Experiment Stations. .. / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington: G.P.O., 1902-1913. url p. 28, p. 505, p. 96.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 76.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 439.
- Annual report of the State Botanist of the State of New York. Albany: Troy Press, 1889-1897. url .
- Annual reports of the Department of Agriculture for the fiscal year ended. ..: report of the Secretary of Agriculture, miscellaneous reports. Washington: G.P.O., 1897-1924. url , p. 365.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 289, p. 292.
- Australia: the dairy country. .. Pub. under the authority of the ministery of state for external affairs, Melbourne, Australia, 1915. Melbourne, McCarron, Bird & co., printers url p. 26, p. 35.
- Australian grasses and pasture plants: with notes on native fodder shrubs and trees / by Fred Turner; drawings by Mary I. Turner. Melbourne: Whitcombe & Tombs,  url p. 86.
- Biological effects of radiation; mechanism and measurement of radiation, applications in biology, photochemical reactions, effects of radiant energy on organisms and organic products. Edited by Benjamin M. Duggar. With the cooperation of Janet Howell Clark, Kenneth S. Cole, Farrington Daniels [and others] New York andMcGraw-Hill Book Co., 1936. url p. 801.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 164, p. 223, p. 234, p. 312, p. 6.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 17 1912 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 191.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 224.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. 1895-1897 Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 103, p. 105, p. 106, p. 49, p. 58, p. 71, p. 73.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1902 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 1, p. 11, p. 11, p. 12, p. 13, p. 14, p. 14, p. 159, p. 171, p. 18, p. 19, p. 2, p. 22, p. 26.
- Bulletin of the Charleston Museum. [Charleston, S.C.: the Museum], 1907-1922. url p. 61.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 1 1898 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 153.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 60.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 48 1921 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 47.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 227, p. 24, p. 3, p. 35, p. 47.
- Bulletin, Gulf Biologic Station, Baton Rouge, Louisiana State Board of Agriculture and Immigration., 1902-1910. url p. 11.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 15, p. 224, p. 51.
- Bulletin: report of Agricultural Experiment Station, Agricultural and Mechanical College, Auburn, Ala. Auburn, Ala.: The Station, [1888-1903] url p. 15.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 522.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 45 2003 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 109, p. 169, p. 170, p. 173, p. 18, p. 200, p. 248, p. 342, p. 397, p. 4, p. 410, p. 451, p. 461, p. 462, p. 466, p. 481, p. 494, p. 495, p. 497, p. 499, p. 512, p. 560, p. 642, p. 716, p. 738, p. 739, p. 755.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 451.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 449, p. 451.
- Defoliation of oats and pearlmillet as related to herbage yield / by Carl Soren Hoveland. 1959. url p. 166.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 35.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 546, p. 773.
- Embryogenesis in plants. London, Methuen; url p. 274, p. 338.
- Energy reserves and agronomic characteristics of four limpograsses (Hemarthria altissima (Poir) Stapf et C.E. Hubb) for Florida's flatwoods / by Scott Christiansen. 1982. url p. 191, p. 54.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 20.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url , p. 1040, p. 1179, p. 1223, p. 1302, p. 152, p. 226, p. 234, p. 239, p. 245, p. 32, p. 320, p. 327, p. 362, p. 4, p. 432, p. 435, p. 437, p. 438, p. 449, p. 565, p. 573, p. 631, p. 729, p. 731, p. 827, p. 829, p. 830, p. 857, p. 864, p. 873, p. 874, p. 933, p. 963, p. 975, p. 976, p. 977, p. 977.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 225.
- Family #15, Gramineae / Richard W. Pohl. 4 1980 [Chicago]: Field Museum of Natural History, 1980. url p. 400, p. 418, p. 604.
- Farm grasses of the United States; a practical treatise on the grass crop, seeding and management of meadows and pastures, descriptions of the best varieties, the seed and its impurities, grasses for special conditions, etc., etc. New York, O. Judd company, 1916. url , .
- Farmer's cyclopedia: a compilation of such bulletins and reports as are indispensable to the practical farmer. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 168.
- Farming & planting in British East Africa. A description of the leading agricultural centres and an account of agricultural conditions and prospects. Compiled and edited by T.J. O'Shea. London, Newland, Tarlton, 1917. url p. 98.
- Field crops in South Africa, by H. D. Leppan and G. J. Bosman. [Johannesburg]Central News Agency, 1923. url p. 282, p. 294, p. 357.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 337.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 13.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 13.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 86.
- Flora of Guatemala: part II: grasses of Guatemala / Jason R. Swallen; Bamboos / F.A. McClure. 24 1955 Chicago, Ill.: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1955. url p. 281.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 184.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 77, p. 77.
- Forage plants and their culture, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url , , p. 252, p. 609.
- Forage plants and their culture, by Charles V. Piper. New York: The Macmillan company, 1914. url , , p. 251, p. 609.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url , p. 575.
- General index to the reports and bulletins of the experimental farms of the Dominion of Canada, 1887-1901. Ottawa, Printed by S.E. Dawson, printer to the King's Most excellent Majesty, 1902. url p. 113.
- Grasses of the West Indies. By A. S. Hitchcock and Agnes Chase. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1917. url p. 318.
- Gray's new manual of botany (7th ed.--illustrated) A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1908] url p. 97.
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 97.
- Grazing effects on herbage composition and nutrient distribution on a Florida range flatwoods / by Burton J. Smith. 1978. url p. 7.
- Hand-book of Indian agriculture, by Nitya Gopal Mukerji. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink & co., 1901. url , p. 891.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 305.
- How to know the grasses; pictured-keys for determining the common and important American grasses, with suggestions and aids for their study. Dubuque, Iowa, W. C. Brown Co. url p. 161.
- IUCN Directory of Afrotropical Protected Areas IUCN, UNEP url p. 1027.
- Improving California ranges / Berkeley, Calif.: College of Agriculture, University of California, 1945. url .
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 359.
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 1289.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 34, p. 57, p. 94, p. 96.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 438.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 217, p. 446.
- Leaf-mining insects / by James G. Needham, Stuart W. Frost, Beatrice H. Tothill. Baltimore: The Williams & Wilkins company, [c1928] url p. 314.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 251, p. 360, p. 70, p. 79, p. 79.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 29.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 20, p. 41, p. 46, p. 48, p. 48, p. 49, p. 52, p. 60, p. 63.
- Maize; its history, cultivation, handling, and uses, with special reference to South Africa; a text-book for farmers, students of agriculture, and teachers of nature study, London, Longmans, Green and co., 1914. url .
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1089.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 74.
- Manual of the grasses of the United States / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington: U.S. G.P.O., 1935. url p. 2, p. 575, p. 590, p. 6, p. 918, p. 923.
- Meadows and pastures, by Joseph E. Wing. .. Chicago, The Breeder's Gazette, 1911. url p. 402, p. 402, p. 403, p. 403.
- Memoirs of the Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum of Polynesian Ethnology and Natural History. Honolulu: [Bishop Museum Press], 1899-1949. url , p. 181.
- Memoirs of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 12 1981 San Diego, Calif.: The Society, 1931-1989. url p. 114.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 29.
- Natural area inventory of Pender County, North Carolina / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, [1982?] url p. 22, p. 90.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 180.
- New Zealand plants and their story. By L. Cockayne. .. Wellington, N.Z., M.F. Marks, Govt. Printer, 1919. url p. 183.
- New manual of botany. A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearr. and extensively rev. by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New YorkAmerican Book Co.[c1908] url p. 97.
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 15.
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. San Diego, The Society. url p. 10, p. 10.
- Pamphlets on forestry. Grazing. [1900?- url p. 189.
- Pasture plants and pastures of New Zealand, by F.W. Hilgendorf. .. Melbourne and London [etc.]Whitcombe & Tombs, limited[1919?] url p. 24, p. 25, p. 35, p. 94, p. 95.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 124.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 104, p. 135, p. 248, p. 342, p. 97.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url , .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 342, p. 97.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 72.
- Price list of chemical and bacteriological apparatus, chemicals and reagents manufactured and sold by Baird [and] Tatlock (London) Ltd. London, Baird [and] Tatlock, 1914. url p. 1068.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 102, p. 124, p. 2, p. 590.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , , , , , p. 159, p. 167, p. 167, p. 21, p. 221, p. 23, p. 29, p. 3, p. 31, p. 377, p. 48, p. 51, p. 637.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 407, p. 438, p. 618.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: James B. Lyon, State Printer, 1867-1924. url p. 16.
- Report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1863-1889. url p. 71, p. 713.
- Reports of the Director. .. / Experimental Farms. Ottawa: Experimental Farms, 1888-1916. url p. 113, p. 451, p. 533, p. 570, p. 73.
- Revision of the flora of the Bombay presidency. [S.l.: s.n.], 1927-1930. url p. 18, p. 19.
- Second thousand answered questions in California agriculture, by E. J. Wickson. .. A sequel to "One thousand questions in California agriculture answered." San Francisco: Pacific rural press, 1916. url p. 50.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 18, p. 21, p. 36.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 359, p. 622, p. 628.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 226, p. 393.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 71.
- South African journal of science. [Marshalltown, Transvaal: South African Association for the Advancement of Science, url , p. 392, p. 394, p. 396, p. 570.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 25, p. 45.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 121, p. 188.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 228, p. 228.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 51.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 114, p. 13, p. 153, p. 189, p. 219.
- The Hawaiian forester and agriculturist. Honolulu: Hawaiian Gazette Co., 1904-1933. url p. 249, p. 250, p. 273, p. 274, p. 311.
- The Journal of the Department of Agriculture, Victoria. [Melbourne]:Dept. of Agriculture, Victoria, 1902-1955. url , , , , , p. 538, p. 742, p. 779.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 153, p. 68, p. 773.
- The Tennessee flora; with special reference to the flora of Nashville. Phaenogams and vascular cryptogams, by August Gattinger. Nashville, Tenn.The author, 1887. url p. 14.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 192.
- The agricultural gazette of New South Wales. Sydney, C. Potter, Govt. Printer [etc.]. url , , , , , p. 851, p. 867.
- The agricultural grasses and forage plants of the United States; and such foreign kinds as have been introduced. By Dr. Geo. Vasey; with an appendix on the chemical composition of grasses, by Clifford Richardson. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1889. url , p. 113, p. 21, p. 21, p. 22, p. 22.
- The differentiation and specificity of starches in relation to genera, species, etc.; stereochemistry applied to protoplasmic processes and products, and as a strictly scientific basis for the classification of plants and animals Washington, D.C.Carnegie institution of Washington1913 url p. 199.
- The farmers' handbook [4th ed.] Issued by direction of the Minister of agriculture. .. Comp. by W.H. Brown. .. Sydney, J. Spence, 1922. url p. 627, p. 792.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 36.
- The flora of the Gulf Biologic Station. Baton Rouge, Louisiana State Board of Agriculture and Immigration, 1907. url p. 12.
- The forage and fiber crops in America, by Thomas F. Hunt. New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1907. url p. 9.
- The genera of grasses of the United States: with special reference to the economic species / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1920. url p. 227.
- The grasses and grasslands of South Africa, Pietermaritzburg, P. David & Sons, Ltd., Printers, 1918. url , .
- The grasses of Hawaii, by A. S. Hitchcock. Honolulu, Hawaii, Bishop Museum Press, 1922. url p. 125, p. 83.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The naturalised flora of South Australia / by J.M. Black. Adelaide: J.M. Black, 1909. url p. 160.
- The plant community [by] Herbert C. Hanson [and] Ethan D. Churchill. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp. url p. 207.
- The true grasses, by Eduard Hackel. Translated from Die natürlichen pflanzenfamilien, by F. Lamson-Scribner and Effie A. Southworth. New York: Holt, 1890. url p. 72.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 125, p. 157, p. 188, p. 255, p. 4.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url , , p. 2, p. 224, p. 352, p. 352, p. 385, p. 506.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 176.
- Transactions of the South African Philosophical Society. 18 1907 Cape Town, : The Society. url p. 257.
- Tropical agriculture: the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url .
- Tropical agriculture; the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / by Earley Vernon Wilcox. London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url p. 314.
- Tutira: the story of a New Zealand sheep station / by H. Guthrie-Smith. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1921. url p. 251.
- Wrightia. 2 1959-1963 Richardson, Tex. [etc.]University of Texas at Dallas. url p. 259, p. 38.
- Yearbook of agriculture. WashingtonU.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 146.
- Yearbook of the United States Department of Agriculture. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1895-1920. url p. 245.
- [Pamphlets on agriculture in Guam] S.l.: s.n., 1905-1916 url , , p. 14, p. 16, p. 21, p. 29, p. 30, p. 519.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 14, 2007:
- GBIF-Spain, Institut Botanic de Barcelona, BC
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2661143
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-40997
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13821362
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:414070-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 26843
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 40997
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PMPOA4P0D0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: PADI3
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 53835
- Shou-liang Chen & Sylvia M. Phillips "Paspalum". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 1, 500, 526. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Paspalum dilatatum". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 526, 527. Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 238.080 meters (781.102 feet), Standard Deviation = 346.840 based on 832 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]