- This is a common yard weed . This is not related to grass -- the common name "sour grass" name comes from the taste of the leaves. Don't sample too many of them though, because they contain oxalic acid which can adversely affect the kidneys .
Common Names in English:
Common Yellow Oxalis, Dillen's Woodsorrel, Erect Woodsorrel, Sheep Sorrel, Sour Grass, Sourgrass, Toad Sorrel, Upright Yellow Wood-Sorrel, Upright Yellow Woodsorrel, Upright Yellow-Sorrel, Yellow Wood Sorrel, Yellow Wood-Sorrel, Yellow Woodsorrel
The Oxalidaceae are herbs, shrubs , or rarely trees comprising 7 or 8 genera and about 800 species. The leaves are alternate and pinnately or palmately compound or rarely simple by suppression of leaflets ; stipules are absent. The flowers are bisexual and actinomorphic . The perianth consists of a calyx of 5 distinct sepals and a corolla of 5 distinct or sometimes basally connate petals. The stamens are basally connate and obdiplostemonous , that is, of two series with the outer series opposite the petals; occasionally 5 stamens are reduced to staminodes. The gynoecium consists of a single compound pistil of 5 carpels, 5 distinct styles, and a superior ovary with 5 locules, each containing one or more axile ovules. The fruit is a loculicidal, sometimes explosively dehiscent capsule or berry. -- Gerald Carr
Mostly bulbous herbs with acidic juice. Aerial
stem reduced, creeping
. Leaves digitately compound
, showing sleep movements. Flowers regular. Stamens monadelphous
at the base
5 long and 5 short, alternating with one another. Ovary 5 locular
with one or more ovules in each locule. Often heterostylous (in some European species) . Fruit capsular
. Seeds with an elastic testa.
A large genus with about 800 species. Mostly found in North and South America, South Africa and fairly well represented in Europe and Asia.
Species Oxalis stricta
or short-lived perennials
, all vegetative
parts (except petioles
. Stems to 30
cm, usually single when young, erect
, branching and finally decumbent
with age but not rooting
at nodes; underground stolons usually present.
Stipules absent or rounded
and inconspicuous. Leaves alternate or
sometimes almost opposite or whorled
; petiole (2-) 3-8(-12) cm, pubescent
with simple and at least some septate
, (0.3-) 0.8-1.8(-2.5) × (0.3-) 1.2-3(-3.5)
cm, green, abaxially sparsely pubescent, adaxially glabrous
. Inflorescences dichotomous cymes, sometimes umbellate
2-5(-7) -flowered; peduncle ca.
2 × as long as petioles or
, base with a swollen articulation
; bracts linear
, 1.5-2 ×
ca. 1 mm, glabrous or with very sparse trichomes. Pedicels (3-) 5-10
mm, erect in fruit, pubescent with simple and septate hairs. Sepals
linear to narrowly elliptic
, 4-7 × 1-2 mm, margin
yellow, oblong-obovate, 5-10 × 2-3 mm.
, 8-15 × 2-3.5 mm, 5-sided, glabrous or pubescent
with only septate trichomes. Seeds 4-10 per locule, brown to brownish
red, ovoid-oblong, 1-1.5 × 0.8-1 mm, transversely ridged
and fr. Feb-Oct. 2n = 24. [source]
Oxalis stricta is similar in appearance to O. corniculata, and some recorded occurrence of O. stricta in China beyond those reported here represent misidentification . [source]
Flowers: Bloom Period: January, February. • Flower Color: yellow
Size: under 6" tall.
Forests , ravines ; 400-1500 m. .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,998 meters (0 to 9,836 feet).
Culture: Space 6-9" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 5.6 • Maximum pH: 7.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Moisture: Drought Tolerance: High
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 8b, 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b, 11. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
A. fontana (Bunge) Kuntze • Acetosella chinensis (Haworth Ex G. Don) Kuntze • Ceratoxalis coloradensis (Rydb.) Lunell • Ceratoxalis cymosa (Small) Lunell • O. corniculata var. stricta (Linnaeus) C. C. Huang & L. R. Xu • O. cymosa Small • O. diffusa Boreau • O. europaea Jordon; O. Fontana Bunge • O. repens Thunberg Var. stricta Hatusima • O. shinanoensis T. Itô • Oxalis brittoniae Small • Oxalis bushii (Small) Small • Oxalis chinensis Haworth Ex G. Don • Oxalis Corniculata Stricta • Oxalis corniculata var. dillenii (Jacq.) Trel. • Oxalis dillenii filipes (Small) Eiten • Oxalis dillenii Jacq. • Oxalis dillenii var. radicans Shinners • Oxalis europaea Jord. • Oxalis europaea var. bushii (Small) Wieg. • Oxalis europaea var. rufa (Small) Young • Oxalis filipes Small • Oxalis florida prostrata (Haw.) Lourteig • Oxalis florida Salisb. • Oxalis florida var. filipes (Small) Ahles • Oxalis fontana Bunge • Oxalis fontana var. bushii (Small) Hara • Oxalis interior (Small) Fedde • Oxalis prostrata Haw. • Oxalis rufa Small • Oxalis rupestris Raf. • Oxalis stricta var. decumbens Bitter • Oxalis stricta var. piletocarpa Wieg. • Oxalis stricta var. rufa (Small) Farw. • Oxalis stricta var. villicaulis (Wieg.) Farw. • X. europaea (Jordan) Moldenke • X. stricta (Linnaeus) Small. • Xanthoxalis brittoniae (Small) Small • Xanthoxalis bushii Small • Xanthoxalis coloradensis (Rydb.) Rydb. • Xanthoxalis cymosa (Small) Small • Xanthoxalis dillenii (Jacq.) Holub • Xanthoxalis dillenii var. piletocarpa (Wieg.) Holub • Xanthoxalis filipes (Small) Small • Xanthoxalis florida (Salisb.) Moldenke • Xanthoxalis interior Small • Xanthoxalis rufa (Small) Small • Xanthoxalis stricta (L.) Small • Xanthoxalis stricta var. piletocarpa (Wieg.) Moldenke
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Oxalis
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 113 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
O. adenophylla (Chilean Wood Sorrel) · O. albicans (Radishroot Woodsorrel) · O. albicans albicans (Radishroot Woodsorrel) · O. albicans californica (Radishroot Woodsorrel) · O. albicans pilosa (Radishroot Woodsorrel) · O. albicans subsp. californica (California Woodsorrel) · O. albicans subsp. pilosa (Radishroot Woodsorrel) · O. alpina (Alpine Woodsorrel) · O. articulata (Jointed Woodsorrel) · O. articulata rubra (Jointed Woodsorrel) · O. barrelieri (Barrelier's Woodsorrel) · O. bowiei (Bowie Woodsorrel) · O. caerulea (Blue Woodsorrel) · O. corniculata ('ihi) · O. corniculata corniculata (Creeping Woodsorrel) · O. corniculata var. microphylla (Creeping Lady´s-Sorrel) · O. corniculata var. pilosiuscula (Creeping Lady´s-Sorrel) · O. corniculata var. preissiana (Creeping Lady´s-Sorrel) · O. corniculata var. pubescens (Creeping Lady´s-Sorrel) · O. corniculata var. pygmaea (Creeping Lady´s-Sorrel) · O. corniculata var. radicosa (Creeping Lady´s-Sorrel) · O. corniculata var. repens (Creeping Lady´s-Sorrel) · O. corniculata var. serpens (Creeping Lady´s-Sorrel) · O. corniculata var. stricta (Creeping Lady´s-Sorrel) · O. corniculata 'Rubra' (Creeping Wood Sorrel) · O. corymbosa 'Aureo-Reticulata' (Gold Veined Oxalis) · O. crassipes (Pink Wood Sorrel) · O. crassipes 'Alba' (White Oxalis) · O. crassipes 'Rosea' (Pink Wood Sorrel) · O. debilis (Pink Wood Sorrel) · O. debilis corymbosa (Pink Woodsorrel) · O. debilis var. corymbosa (Pink Woodsorrel) · O. decaphylla (Gray's Woodsorrel) · O. depressa (Oxalis) · O. dichondrifolia (Agrito) · O. dillenii filipes (Dillen's Oxalis) · O. drummondii (Drummond Woodsorrel) · O. eggersii (Eggers' Woodsorrel) · O. enneaphylla 'Minutifolia' (Oxalis) · O. enneaphylla 'Patagonia' (Oxalis) · O. frutescens (Shrubby Oxalis) · O. frutescens angustifolia (Shrubby Oxalis) · O. frutescens subsp. angustifolia (Shrubby Woodsorrel) · O. gigantea (Giant Oxalis) · O. grandis (Great Yellow Wood-Sorrel) · O. hedysaroides Kunth 'Rubra' (Fire Fern) · O. hirsutissima (Hairy Oxalis) · O. hirta (Trailing Oxalis) · O. illinoensis (Illinois Woodsorrel) · O. incarnata (Crimson Woodsorrel) · O. intermedia (West Indian Woodsorrel) · O. lasiandra (Palm Tree Oxalis) · O. latifolia (Broad-Leaf Woodsorrel) · O. lobata (Oxalis) · O. luteola 'Maculata' (South African Oxalis) · O. macrocarpa (Sorrel) · O. magellanica (Oxalis) · O. magellanica 'Nelson' (Oxalis) · O. malloloba (Rough-Snouted Gurnard) · O. melanostricta 'Ken Aslet' (Oxalis) · O. montana (Green Snob) · O. nelsonii (Sorrel) · O. oregana (Oregon Wood-Sorrel) · O. ortgiesii (Fishtail Oxalis) · O. peduncularis (Tree Oxalis) · O. pes-caprae (African Woodsorrel) · O. priceae (Price's Yellow Wood Sorrel) · O. priceae colorea (Tufted Yellow Woodsorrel) · O. priceae texana (Tufted Yellow Woodsorrel) · O. priceae subsp. colorea (Tufted Yellow Woodsorrel) · O. priceae subsp. texana (Texas Woodsorrel) · O. purpurea (Purple Woodsorrel) · O. purpurea 'Garnet' (Oxalis) · O. purpurea 'Grand Duchess' (Oxalis) · O. radicosa (Dwarf Woodsorrel) · O. regnelli (Red Leaf) · O. regnellii (False Shamrock) · O. regnellii 'Alba' (False Shamrock) · O. regnellii'Atropurpurea' (Purple Oxalis) · O. regnellii 'Irish Mist' (False Shamrock) · O. regnellii 'Triangularis' (False Shamrock) · O. rosea (Sorrel) · O. rubra (Oxalis Rubra) · O. rugeliana (Coamo) · O. siliquosa 'Copper Glow' (Copper Velvet Shamrock) · O. siliquosa 'Copper Tones' (Copper Velvet Shamrock) · O. siliquosa 'Sunset Velvet' (Copper Velvet Shamrock) · O. spiralis (Spiral Sorrel) · O. spiralis vulcanicola (Volcanic Sorrel) · O. spiralis 'Aureus' (Spiral Sorrel) · O. stricta (Common Yellow Oxalis) · O. stricta var. bushii (Upright Yellow-Sorrel) · O. stricta var. europaea (Upright Yellow-Sorrel) · O. stricta var. viridiflora (Upright Yellow-Sorrel) · O. suksdorfii (Suksdorf Woodsorrel) · O. tetraphylla (Good Luck Plant) · O. tetraphylla 'Iron Cross' (Iron Cross Good Luck Plant) · O. texana texana (Texas Woodsorrel) · O. triangularis Burgundy Wine = 'JR Oxburwi' (Shamrock [burgundy Wine]) · O. triangularis 'Dorothy Chao' (False Shamrock)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 20.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 101, p. 336, p. 48.
- A botanical survey of the Sugar Grove region / by Robert F. Griggs. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 305.
- A catalogue of plants, growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Troy. / By John Wright, M.D., and James Hall, A.M. Troy: N. Tuttle, printer--Sign of the Lever Printing Press, 1836. url p. 11.
- A catalogue of the plants found in New Bedford and its vicinity: arranged according to the season of their flowering / by E.W. Hervey. New Bedford, Mass.: Press of E. Anthony, 1860. url p. 12.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url .
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 122.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 148.
- A first report on the relations between climates and crops. By Cleveland Abbe. Prepared under the direction of Willis L. Moore, chief United States Weather Bureau. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 207.
- A history of the game birds, wild fowl and shore birds of Massachusetts and adjacent states, including those used for food which have disappeared since the settlement of the country, and those which are now hunted for food or sport, with observations on their former abundance and recent decre By Edward Howe Forbush. Boston, Wright & Potter Printing Company, State Printers, 1916 url p. 585, p. 587.
- A history of the game birds, wild-fowl and shore birds of Massachusetts and adjacent states: including those used for food which have disappeared since the settlement of the country, and those which are now hunted for food or sport, with observations on their former abundance and recent decre Boston: Wright & Potter printing company, state printers, 1912. url p. 585, p. 585, p. 587, p. 587.
- A key to the spring flora of Manhattan. Manhattan, Kans., Mercury Pub. House, 1894. url p. 23.
- A laboratory manual in practical botany; by Charles H. Clark. Chicago [etc.]American book company url p. 253.
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 255.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url .
- A narrative history of the town of Cohasset, Massachusetts / [Boston, Mass., Press of S. Usher]1898. url p. 542.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood. With sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from darwings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 122.
- A practical guide to garden plants, containing descriptions of the hardiest and most beautiful annuals and biennials, hardy herbaceous and bulbous perennials, hardy water and bog plants, flowering and ornamental trees and shrubs, conife London;Longmans, Green, 1901. url p. 293.
- A preliminary list of Maine fungi, by Percy LeRoy Ricker. .. Orono, Me., 1902. url p. 31, p. 83.
- A provisional list of the parasitic fungi of Wisconsin. Madison, 1914 url p. 866, p. 897, p. 954.
- A spring flora for high schools, New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1915] url , , .
- A spring flora for high schools, by Henry C. Cowles. .. and John G. Coulter. .. New York, American book company[c1915] url p. 20, p. 85.
- A supplement to the Pharmacopia, and treatise on pharmacology in general: including not only the drugs and preparations used by practitioners of medicine, but also most of those employed in the chemical arts: together with a collection of the most useful medical formulæ. . by Samuel Frederic Gray. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1836. url p. 111.
- Agriculture of Maine.. .. annual report of the Secretary of the Maine Board of Agriculture. Augusta, 1857-1901. url p. 249.
- American medicinal plants; an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry and physiological effects. By Charles F. Millspaugh. 1887 New York, Boericke & Tafel, c1887. url page 32- 2.
- American medicinal plants;: an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry, and physiological effects. / By Charles F. Millspaugh, . ..; Illustrated by the author. New York; Boericke & Tafel., c1887. url .
- An analytical key to some of the common flowering plants of the Rocky Mountain region / New York: D. Appleton, 1902. url .
- An elementary course of botany: structural, physiological, and systematic / by Arthur Henfrey. London: John Van Voorst, 1878. url p. 654.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 432.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 367.
- An introduction to botany. By John Lindley. London, Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1848. url p. 147.
- An introduction to the study of botany, including a treatise on vegetable physiology, and descriptions of the most common plants in the middle and northern states. By J.L. Comstock. .. New York, Pratt, Woodford, Farmer & Brace, 1856 [c1854] url p. 370.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 226.
- Annals - Entomological Society of America. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America. url p. 355.
- Annals of natural history. London, R. and J.E. Taylor, url p. 388, p. 388, p. 388, p. 389, p. 390, p. 390, p. 390.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America. [College Park, Md., etc.]: Entomological Society of America. url p. 355.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 461.
- Annual report / Florida State Geological Survey. Tallahassee, Fla.: Capital Pub. Co., state printer, url p. 275.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 115.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 18 1907 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url plate 10, p. 100, p. 101, p. 102, p. 103, p. 104, p. 105, p. 107, plate 11, p. 144, p. 162, p. 173, p. 177, p. 184, p. 185, p. 190, p. 191, p. 199, p. 220, p. 5, p. 99.
- Annual report of the Commissioners of Fisheries, Game and Forests of the State of New York. Albany, N.Y.: The Commission, 1896-1900 url p. 135.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 74.
- Annual report of the Minnesota State Horticultural Society. Minneapolis: The Society, 1883-1898. url p. 476.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 516.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 121, p. 14, p. 25, p. 258, p. 258, p. 55, p. 81, p. 88.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 629.
- Annual report of the Regents of the University on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History, with catalogues of the same. Albany, N.Y.: The University, 1848-1873. url p. 46.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 176.
- Annual report on the New York State Museum of Natural History. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 80, p. 80.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 94.
- Annual report. United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories. 1st-12th, 1867-1878. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1867-83. url p. 474.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 67.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 67, p. 67.
- Autumn notes in Iowa, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, The Torch press, 1914. url p. 166.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 29 - 41 1957 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 10, p. 119, p. 173, p. 26, p. 36.
- Biological lectures delivered at the Marine Biological Laboratory of Wood's Holl [sic]. Boston, Ginn & Co. url , , , p. 186, p. 186, p. 189, p. 193, p. 200, p. 206.
- Birds and nature in natural colors: being a scientific and popular treatise on four hundred birds of the United States and Canada. Chicago: A.W. Mumford, Publisher, 1913-1914. url p. 339.
- Birds of a Maryland farm: a local study of economic ornithology / Washington; G.P.O., 1902. url , , .
- Botanic contributions relating to the flora of western North America [by] Gray, Engelmann, Torrey [and] Fre?mont. v.p., 1843-53 url p. 268, p. 88.
- Botanical and physiological memoirs, consisting of I.--The phenomenon of rejuvenescence in nature, especially in the life and development of plants. By Dr. A. Braun. Tr. by A. Henfrey. .. II.--On the animal nature of the Diatomeæ, with an organographical revision of the genera established by Kützing. By Professor G. Meneghini. Tr. by Christopher J London: Printed for the Ray Society, 1853. url p. 30.
- Botanical survey of Nebraska. Conducted by the Botanical Seminar. I-VII. Lincoln, Neb., 1892-1904. url , , , , , , , , , , .
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 245.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 39.
- Botany for secondary schools; a guide to the knowledge of the vegetation of the neighborhood, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 374.
- Botany, developmental and descriptive. Philadelphia, Lea, 1922. url p. 160, p. 225.
- Botany; containing a catalogue of the indigenous and naturalized plants of the state, by Rev. M. A. Curtis. Raleigh, Printed at N. C. Institution for the deaf and dumb and blind, 1867. url p. 14.
- Boulder reveries, by W. S. Blatchley. .. Indianapolis: The Nature publishing company, 1906. url p. 82.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 1040, p. 21, p. 278, p. 33, p. 51, p. 58, p. 79, p. 80, p. 924, p. 990.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 18 1929 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 7, p. 9.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 505, p. 507.
- Bulletin - Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono]Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. url .
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 115, p. 629, p. 84.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 1061.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 431, p. 514, p. 518.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 171, p. 305.
- Bulletin / State Geological and Natural History Survey of Connecticut. [Hartford]: The Survey, 1904- url p. 273.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Biological Survey. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1907. url p. 34.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 179, p. 187, p. 228.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass.: Essex Institute. url p. 108, p. 146, p. 161, p. 97.
- Bulletin of the Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History. Bloomington, Ill.: The Laboratory, 1876-1918. url p. 305, p. 361, p. 361, p. 416, p. 416, p. 430, p. 430.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 1 1900 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 393.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 1904 31 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 147, p. 154, p. 157, p. 266, p. 267, p. 313, p. 329, p. 358, p. 418, p. 472, p. 61, p. 612, p. 651, p. 713, p. 94, p. 97.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 30, p. 90.
- Bulletin, Gulf Biologic Station, Baton Rouge, Louisiana State Board of Agriculture and Immigration., 1902-1910. url p. 23, p. 24.
- Bulletin. Salem, Mass. url , , p. 108, p. 146, p. 161, p. 25, p. 272, p. 97.
- Bulletin: report of Agricultural Experiment Station, Agricultural and Mechanical College, Auburn, Ala. Auburn, Ala.: The Station, [1888-1903] url p. 85.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 130, p. 131, p. 139, p. 190, p. 274, p. 35, p. 36, p. 6.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 171.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url p. 1867, p. 2139.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 360, p. 50, p. 519.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 360, p. 50, p. 519.
- Catalogue of the flora of Oak Island, Revere, Massachusets: with notes. Introd. and summary by John Robinson. Salem, Mass., Printed at the Salem Press, 1883 url p. 146.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 261.
- Catalogue of the phaenogamous plants of Evanston and vicinity, for 1883 [by] C.S. Raddin. Evanston, R. Vandercook, Printer, 1883. url p. 5.
- Children's gardens for school and home: a manual of cooperative gardening / by Louise Klein Miller. New York: Appleton, 1904. url p. 224.
- Class-book of botany: being outlines of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants: with a flora of the United States and Canada / by Alphonso Wood. New York: A.S. Barnes & Co.; 1874, c1869. url p. 279.
- College botany: including organography, vegetable histology, vegetable physiology and vegetable taxonomy: with a brief account of the succession of plants in geologic time, and a glossary of botanical terms / by Edson S. Bastin. Chicago: G.P. Engelhard, 1890, c1889. url p. 262.
- Common and scientific names of weeds in Canada = Noms populaires et scientifiques des plantes nuisibles du Canada / Ottawa: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada = Agriculture et agroalimentaire Canada, c2000. url p. 76.
- Companion to the Botanical magazine: being a journal, containing such interesting botanical information as does not come within the prescribed limits of the magazine; with occasional figures /by W.J. Hooker. 2 1836-1837 London: Printed by E. Conchman. .. for the proprietor, S. Curtis, 1835-1836 [i.e., 1835-1837] url p. 275.
- Contents and index of the reports of the State entomologist of Illinois. Stephen A. Forbes. [Urbana?]: The State, 1909. url p. 112.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url , , .
- Contributions from the Hull Botanical Laboratory. [Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1895- url p. 100, p. 94.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 192, p. 385, p. 489, p. 531, p. 584, p. 585, p. 602.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 14 1980 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 118, p. 314.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 94.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.E. Ponsonby, 1898. url .
- Cranberries;: the national cranberry magazine. Portland, CT [etc.]: Taylor Pub. Co. [etc.]. url .
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 402, p. 403, p. 404, p. 86.
- Descriptions of new species of fungi / Buffalo, N.Y.: Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences, 1873 url p. 70.
- Descriptive catalogue of North American Hepaticae, north of Mexico. by Lucien M. Underwood, PH. D. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & sons, 1884 url p. 416, p. 430.
- Dictionary of biological equivalents, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins company, 1930. url p. 168.
- Dictionary of botanical equivalents, French-English, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager and Edwina M. Smiley. Baltimore, Md., Williams & Wilkins[c1921] url p. 100.
- Don, G. A general history of the dichlamydeous plants: comprising complete descriptions of the different orders...the whole arranged according to the natural system /by George Don. 1 1831 London: J.G. and F. Rivington, 1831-1838. url p. 758.
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url .
- English botany, or, coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: G. Bell, 1873. url p. 214.
- Entomological news, and proceedings of the Entomological Section of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia[Entomological Rooms of the Academy of Natural Sciences] url p. 210, p. 210.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 178.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 14, p. 17, p. 17, p. 20, p. 30, p. 34, p. 68, p. 69, p. 81.
- Establishment, development, and management of conifer plantations in the Eli Whitney Forest, New Haven, Connecticut, New Haven, Yale University, 1943. url p. 18.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 326, p. 444.
- Experimental evolution; lectures delivered in the "Summer School of Art and Science", University Hall, Edinburgh (August, 1891) by Henry de Varigny. and New York, Macmillan and Co., 1892. url p. 72.
- Familiar flowers of field and garden. Described and illustrated by F. Schuyler Mathews. With over two hundred drawings. New York, D. Appleton, 1895. url p. 71.
- Farlowia: a journal of cryptogamic botany. Cambridge, Mass., 1943-1955. url .
- Favourite flowers of garden and greenhouse /by Edward Step. ..; the cultural directions edited by William Watson. ..; illustrated with three hundred and sixteen coloured plates, selected and arranged by D. Bois. 1 1896 London and New York: Frederick Warne & co., 1896-97. url .
- Ferns and flowering plants of South Dakota. Sioux Falls, S.D.: W.A. Beach, 1899 url p. 166.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url p. 236, p. 581.
- Field book of american wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews... with numerous reproductions of water colors and pen-and-ink studies from nature by the author. New York, G.P. Putnam, 1902. url p. 546.
- Fieldbook of Illinois wild flowers; six hundred fifty of the more common flowering plants in the state. Urbana, 1936. url p. 176, p. 176.
- First biennial report of the progress of the Geological survey of Michigan, embracing observations on the geology, zoo?logy and botany of the lower peninsula. Made to the governor, December 31, 1860. Lansing, Hosmer & Kerr, printers to the state, 1861. url , .
- First report on the flora of Wyoming / Aven Nelson. Laramie: Wyoming Experiment Station, 1896. url p. 90.
- Flood tolerance of plant species in bottomland forests of the southeastern United States / 1992. url p. 117, p. 119, p. 167.
- Flora Peoriana; the vegetation in the climate of middle Illinois. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & Sons, 1887. url , p. 45.
- Flora cestrica: an herborizing companion for the young botanists of Chester County...Pennsylvania. By William Darlington. Philadelphia, Lindsay & Blakiston, 1853. url p. 40.
- Flora of Ann Arbor and vicinity. Ann Arbor, [Mich.]: Courier Steam Print. House, 1876. url p. 90.
- Flora of Colorado, Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url .
- Flora of Colorado, by P. A. Rydberg, PH. D. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 220.
- Flora of Colorado, by P.A. Rydberg. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 220, p. 220.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 100.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 628.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 580.
- Flora of Middlesex: a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county: with sketches of its Physical Geography and climate and of the progress of Middlesex Botany during the last three centuries. London, R. Hardwicke1869. url p. 350.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 91.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 385.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 385.
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url .
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 194.
- Flora of Plymouth: an account of the flowering plants and ferns found within twelve miles of the town; history of local botanical investigation. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 400.
- Flora of Vermont; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Ezra Brainerd, L.R. Jones and W.W. Eggleston, committee for the Vermont botanical club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Association, 1900. url p. 94.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 131, p. 214.
- Flora of Willoughby, Vermont. [By] George G. Kennedy. Boston, 1904. url p. 121.
- Flora of Winneshiek County. Des Moines: 1906. url .
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 192.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 244.
- Flora of the Miami Valley, Ohio /c by A.P. Morgan. Dayton, Ohio: Literary Union, 1878. url p. 13.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 534.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url .
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 1332, p. 667, p. 667.
- Flora of the southern United States: containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida: arranged according to the natural system. The ferns by Prof. Daniel C. Eaton. New York, Ivison, Blakeman, 1889 [c1883] url p. 63.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 416.
- Florida wild flowers; an introduction to the flora of the Florida peninsula, by Mary Francis Baker, photographs by the author. New York, The Macmillan company, 1926. url p. 119.
- Florist's manual. .. [Boston]1833. url p. 141.
- Flowers and insects; lists of visitors of four hundred and fifty-three flowers, by Charles Robertson. Carlinville, Ill., n.p.1928. url p. 149.
- Forest conditions of Mississippi. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 160.
- Fourteen weeks in botany: being an illustrated flora / by Alsphonso Wood and J. Dorman Steele. New York: A.S. Barnes & Company, c1879. url p. 89, p. 90.
- Freaks and marvels of plant life; or, Curiosities of vegetation. London, Soc. for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1882. url p. 226.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url p. 452.
- General features of Chusan, with remarks on the flora and fauna of that island. London, Taylor, 1842. url p. 10.
- Grand Rapids flora: a catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids, Mich., A. Van Dort, 1901. url p. 98.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 34, p. 55, p. 588.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. London: Reeve, 1858. url p. 149.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 100, p. 252, p. 6.
- Hill prairies of Illinois. Urbana, 1955. url p. 431.
- Hooker, J. D. The botany of the Antarctic voyage of H.M. discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the Years 1839-1843: under the command of Captain Sir James Clark Ross /by Joseph Dalton Hooker. 2 1853 London: Reeve Brothers, 1844-60. url p. 42.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url p. 856.
- How crops grow. A treatise on the chemical composition, structure and life of the plant, for students of agriculture. With numerous illustrations and tables of analyses. By Samuel W. Johnson. New York: Orange Judd company, 1911 [c1890] url p. 334.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 193.
- How to know the wild flowers: a guide to the names, haunts, and habits of our common wild flowers / by Mrs. William Starr Dana [i.e. F.T.S.D. Parsons]; illustrated by Marion Satterlee and Elsie Louise Shaw. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1913. url p. 174, p. 336.
- How to make a country place; an account of the successes and the mistakes of an amateur in thirty-five years of farming, building and development: together with a practical plan for securing a home and an independent income, star New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1914. url p. 374.
- How to study plants: or, Introduction to botany, being an illustrated flora / by Alphonso Wood. New York: Barnes, 1882. url p. 89, p. 89, p. 90.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 171, p. 182.
- Illinois wild flowers, by John Voss and Virginia S. Eifert. Springfield,  url p. 241.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 158, p. 402, p. 439, p. 49, p. 491, p. 540.
- Introduction to botany / by William Chase Stevens. Boston: D.C. Heath & Co., 1902. url , p. 238, p. 238, p. 71.
- Introduction to botany, Boston, D. C. Heath & Co., 1902. url , .
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 173, p. 358, p. 370, p. 461.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 46 1908 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 125, p. 130, p. 138, p. 145, p. 147, p. 18, p. 185, p. 275, p. 283, p. 345, p. 349.
- Journal of botany: being a second series of the Botanical miscellany. 1 1834 London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman; Edinburgh: A. & C. Black, 1834-1842. url p. 201.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 192, p. 301.
- Journal of the College of Agriculture, Imperial University of Tokyo. Tokyo, Tokyo Imperial University, 1909-1943. url p. 179.
- Journal of the East Africa Natural History Society: official publication of the Coryndon Memorial Museum (Museum Trustees of Kenya). Nairobi, Kenya: The Museum, 1942- url p. 97.
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url p. 117, p. 117, p. 138, p. 138, p. 91.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 129, p. 48, p. 61.
- Legislation for the protection of birds other than game birds / Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1900. url .
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. New York, 1893-1894. url .
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi and north of North Carolina and Tennessee, arranged according to the natural system. New York: Ivison, Phinney, Blakeman, 1867. url .
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 576.
- Manual of the flowering plants of Iowa. [Lamoni, Iowa]Privately published, 1899. url .
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url p. 79.
- Meehan's monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany, and kindred subjects. Phila., PA: T. Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url , , , .
- Meehans' monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany and kindred subjects / conducted by Thomas Meehan. Philadelphia: Thomas Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url p. 19.
- Memoirs of the Manchester Literary and Philosophical Society. London: The Society, 1882-1887. url p. 141.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 3 1893 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 1, p. 109, p. 204, p. 210, p. 24, p. 36, p. 44.
- Memorials, journal and botanical correspondence of Charles Cardale Babington. Cambridge, [Eng.]: Macmillan and Bowes, 1897. url p. 80.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url , , p. 1016, p. 394, p. 394, p. 429, p. 429, p. 551, p. 585, p. 585, p. 765, p. 765, p. 965.
- Miramichi wild flowers by R. Mackenzie. Montreal: J. Lovell, 1887. url .
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 105, p. 200.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1974 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 120, p. 49.
- Monthly microscopical journal: transactions of the Royal Microscopical Society, and record of histological research at home and abroad. London, R. Hardwicke, 1869-1877. url p. 39.
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 413.
- Mutations and evolution, by R. Ruggles Gates. London: W. Wesley & Son, 1921. url p. 68.
- Nantucket wild flowers / by Alice O. Albertson; illustrated by Anne Hinchman. New York and London: G. P. Putnam's sons, 1921. url p. 172, p. 172, p. 436.
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 27.
- Natural history of insects: comprising their architecture, transformations, senses, food, habits--collection, preservation and arrangement. Boston: Lilly, Wait, Colman, and Holden, 1833. url p. 417.
- Nature's garden: With many color illustrations. Garden City, N. Y., : Garden City Pub. Co., [c1900] url , .
- Nature's garden: an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors... / text by Neltje Blanchan. New York: Grosset & Dunlap, c1900. url p. 405.
- Nature's garden; an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors. With colored plates and many other illus. photographed directly from nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. Text by Neltje Blanchan [pseud.] 1922 Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1922. url p. 405.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 77.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1909] url .
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 9 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 407, p. 410, p. 416, p. 427, p. 429.
- Niger flora; or, An enumeration of the plants of western tropical Africa, collected by the late Dr. Theodore Vogel, botanist to the voyage of the expedition sent by Her Britannic Majesty to the river Niger in 1841, under the command of Capt. H. D. Trotter, R.N., &c.; includ London, H. Bailliere; [etc., etc.]1849. url p. 269.
- Notes on the Lepidoptera of America / by Aug. R. Grote and Coleman T. Robinson. New York: Printed by the New York Printing Company, 1867. url p. 70.
- Organography of plants, especially of the archegoniatae and spermaphyta, ed. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford, Clar. Press, 1900-5. url p. 563, p. 564, p. 650.
- Our early wild flowers: a study of the herbaceous plants blooming in early spring in the northern states / by Harriet L. Keeler. Illustrated by Mary Keffer and Eloise P. Luquer. New York: Scribner, 1916. url p. 137, p. 242, p. 248.
- Parasitic fungi of Illinois / by T.J. Burrill. Peoria, Ill.: J. W. Franks, 1885-1887. url .
- Part I. The living flora of West Virginia, by C. F. Millspaugh. Part II. The fossil flora of West Virginia, by David White. Wheeling, Wheeling news litho. co., 1913 url p. 88.
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 152, p. 230, p. 234, p. 433, p. 92.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 127, p. 179, p. 181, p. 188, p. 190, p. 248, p. 33, p. 34, p. 35, p. 35, p. 365, p. 38, p. 429, p. 44, p. 462, p. 467, p. 5, p. 527, p. 528, p. 57, p. 60, p. 60, p. 65, p. 70, p. 70, p. 75, p. 86, p. 92.
- Plant indicators: the relation of plant communities to process and practice. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url p. 130, p. 139.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 584, p. 585.
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 53, p. 53.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 179.
- Practical guide to the wild flowers and fruits by George Lincoln Walton. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1909. url p. 36.
- Preliminary report of explorations in Nebraska and Dakota, in the years 1855-'56-'57, by Lieut. G.K. Warren, Topographical Engineers. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1875. url p. 112.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url , , , , , , p. 180, p. 287, p. 530, p. 580, p. 580, p. 708.
- Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society held at Philadelphia for promoting useful knowledge. Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society url p. 92, p. 92.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 1000, p. 67, p. 67.
- Proceedings of the Canadian Institute. Toronto, Canadian Institute. url p. 147.
- Proceedings of the Davenport Academy of Natural Sciences. Davenport, Ia., Academy of Natural Sciences [etc.] url p. 338.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 442, p. 446, p. 449.
- Proceedings of the Essex Institute. Salem: Essex Institute Press. url p. 14, p. 192, p. 272, p. 53, p. 99.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 144, p. 146, p. 158, p. 158, p. 176, p. 176, p. 292, p. 38.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 105.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Association of Miramichi. Chatham, N.B.: The Association, 1899-1901. url p. 24.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 8 1885 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 459, p. 588.
- Protoplasm, by William Seifriz. .. New York, McGraw-Hill Book Company, inc., 1936. url p. 323.
- Psyche. Cambridge, Mass.: Cambridge Entomological Club url p. 168.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 131, p. 249.
- Reflections on the phenomenon of rejuvenescence in nature, especially in the life and development of plants. Leipzig, 1851. url .
- Reise durch einige der mittlern und su?dlichen Vereinigten Nordamerikanischen Staaten, nach Ost-Florida und den Bahama Inseln unternommen in den jahren 1783 und 1784, von Johann David Scho?pf. .. Cincinnati, J.U. & C.G. Lloyd, 1911. url p. 30.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, Office of the Regents, 1871-1888 url p. 46, p. 80, p. 80.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url , .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 118, p. 175.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , p. 115.
- Report of the State Entomologist on the noxious and beneficial insects of the state of Illinois. [Springfield, Ill.?]: State Entomologist, [1876?]-1916. url , .
- Report of the flora of Westchester County. Prepared for Bolton's History of the County. New YorkRoper & Burdge, 1880? url p. 782.
- Report of the state entomologist on the noxious and beneficial insects of the state of Illinois. Springfield, Ill.: State Entomologist, -1916. url .
- Report on the agriculture and geology of Mississippi. Embracing a sketch of the social and natural history of the state. By B.L.C. Wailes, geologist of Mississippi. .. [Jackson]E. Barksdale, State Printer, 1854. url p. 347, p. 347.
- Report on the flora of St. Andrews, N.B. / by James Fowler. Ottawa: Printed by S.E. Dawson, 1902 url p. 44.
- Report on the indigenous medical botany of Massachusetts. Philadelphia, 1849 url p. 888.
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Made under the direction of the secretary of war, in 1853-. .. Washington, A.O.P. Nicholson, Printer [etc.]1855-60. url p. 23.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 429, p. 686, p. 687, p. 765.
- Rocky mountain flowers; an illustrated guide for plantlovers and plant-users; with twenty-five plates in color and twenty-one plates in black and white [by] Frederic Edward Clements...and Edith Schwartz Clements... 1914 New York city, the H.W. Wilson company, 1914. url p. 39.
- Root development in the grassland formation, a correlation of the root systems of native vegetation and crop plants. Washington, Carnegie inst. of Washington, 1920. url , p. 35, p. 36.
- Root-knot and its control. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1911. url p. 18.
- Rydberg, P. A. Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, and British Columbia /by P. A. Rydberg... 1917 New York: The author, 1917. url p. 534.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 905.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 53.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 1332.
- Soils and crops of the farm, by George E. Morrow and Thomas F. Hunt. Chicago, Howard & Wilson Pub. Co., 1892. url .
- Southern wild flowers and trees, together with shrubs, vines and various forms of growth found through the mountains, the middle district and the low country of the South, by Alice Lounsberry, with plates, vignettes and diagrams by Mrs. E. Rowan, with an introduction by C. D. Beadle. New York, Stokes url p. 286.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 121, p. 14, p. 25, p. 81, p. 88.
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 179, p. 187.
- Studies of plant life in Canada. Wild flowers, flowering shrubs, and grasses. Toronto: William Briggs, 1906. url .
- Studies of plant life in Canada: wild flowers, flowering sshrubs, and grasses / by Mrs C.P. Traill; illustrated with 8 reproductions in natural colors and 12 half-tone engravings, from drawings by Mrs. Agnes D. Chamberlin. Toronto: W. Briggs, 1906. url , .
- Studies of plant life in Canada; or, Gleanings from forest, lake and plain. By Mrs. C.P. Traill... Illustrated with chromo-lithographs from drawings by Mrs. [Agnes D.] Chamberlin... Ottawa, A.S. Woodburn, 1885. url , p. 283, p. 58.
- Studies of plant life; a series of exercises for the study of plants, Boston, D.C. Heath & Co., 1900. url .
- Studies of the vegetation of Missouri. .. / By Julian A. Steyermark. 9 1940 [Chicago, 1940- url p. 360.
- Supplemental register of written communications published in the Transactions and Proceedings of the American philosophical society, 1881-1889. Comp. by Henry Phillips, jr., one of the secretaries of the society. Philadelphia, Press of MacCalla & co., 1889. url p. 92.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 405, p. 95.
- Technical series. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1895-1915. url p. 124, p. 197.
- Text-book of botany, morphological and physiological. Oxford, Clarendon press, 1882. url p. 64.
- Text-book of botany: morphological and physiological / by Julius Sachs; edited with an appendix, by Sydney H. Vines Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1883. url p. 64.
- The American botanist and florist, including lessons in the structure, life growth of plants, together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the American uni New York, Barnes[n.d.] url p. 68.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 116.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 468, p. 58.
- The American monthly microscopical journal. New York: Romyn Hitchcock, 1880-1902. url p. 48.
- The American natural history: a foundation of useful knowledge of the higher animals of North America / William T. Hornaday. .. illustrated by 225 original drawings. .. 151 photographs. .. and with numerous charts and maps. New York: C. Scribner's sons, 1914. url p. 95.
- The American natural history; a foundation of useful knowledge of the higher animals of North America, New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1914. url .
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 248, p. 248, p. 271, p. 272, p. 295, p. 295.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 232, p. 96, p. 96.
- The Bulletin of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture. Raleigh: State Board of Agriculture, [1907- url p. 66.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 67, p. 67.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 55 1941 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url stroud , p. 184, p. 216, p. 470, p. 525, p. 85.
- The Canadian handbook and tourist's guide; giving a description of Canadian lake and river scenery and places of historical interest with the best spots for fishing and shooting. Montreal, M. Longmoore & co., 1867. url p. 91.
- The Canadian journal of industry, science and art. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1856-1867. url p. 222.
- The Canadian journal of science, literature and history. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1868-1878. url p. 292.
- The Canadian journal; a repertory of industry, science, and art; and a record of the proceedings of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Published by H. Scobie for the Council of the Canadian Institute. url p. 222.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 40.
- The Canadian naturalist and quarterly journal of science: with proceedings of the Natural History Society of Montreal. Montreal: Dawson, 1869-1883. url p. 475.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 214, p. 55.
- The Cincinnatus. Cincinnati: Applegate and Co., 1857- url p. 207.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 1028, p. 830.
- The Fungi which cause plant disease, by F. L. Stevens. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1913. url , p. 168.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 85.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1861 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1117, p. 665.
- The Gardeners' chronicle. 1841 London: published for the proprietors, 1841-1843. url p. 232.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , , p. 115, p. 183, p. 732, p. 779, p. 93.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 43 1983 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 144, figs. 3-4, page 146, fig. 9, page 154, p. 158, p. 162, fig. 6, page 251, p. 253, p. 254, fig. 10, page 257, p. 50.
- The Horticulturist and journal of rural art and rural taste. Albany, N.Y.: Luthur Tucker, 1846/1847-1875 url p. 260.
- The Illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / edited by George Nicholson. ..; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. ... London: L. Upcott Gill; 1887-1889. url p. 405, p. 410, p. 416, p. 421, p. 425, p. 427, p. 429.
- The Indiana weed book, by W. S. Blatchley. Indianapolis, The Nature publishing company, 1920. url p. 64.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 374.
- The Journal of the Cincinnati Society of Natural History. Cincinnati: The Society, 1878/79 [i.e. 1878 or 1879]-1945. url p. 232.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 554.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 30 1895 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 475, p. 99.
- The Magazine of horticulture, botany, and all useful discoveries and improvements in rural affairs. Boston: Hovey and Co., 1837- url p. 323.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 334, p. 686, p. 687, p. 803.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 334, p. 686, p. 687, p. 728, p. 803.
- The Monthly bulletin of the State Commission of Horticulture. Sacramento, Calif.: The Commission, 1911-1919. url p. 754.
- The Museum. Albion, N.Y.: W.F. Webb, [1894-1900] url p. 304.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 215.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 173, p. 207, p. 216, p. 476, p. 501, p. 503, p. 75.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 152, p. 347, p. 391, p. 403, p. 473, p. 617, p. 670.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 104, p. 1144, p. 140, p. 188, p. 206, p. 679, p. 70, p. 791, p. 798, p. 862, p. 973.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 120, p. 223, p. 283.
- The Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science. Halifax, Nova Scotian Institute of Science. url p. 440.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 288.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 167, p. 708, p. 753.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 249.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 37 1956 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 1109, p. 133, p. 135, p. 140, p. 163, p. 242, p. 242, p. 258, p. 258, p. 38, p. 538, p. 563, p. 790, p. 928, p. 928.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 296.
- The Ustilagineae, or smuts, of Connecticut, [Hartford]Hartford Press, The Case, Lockwood & Brainard Co., 1905. url , .
- The Ustilagineæ: or smuts, of Connecticut / by George Perkins Clinton. [Hartford]: Hartford Press: 1905. url p. 20, p. 42.
- The Victoria history of the county of Cornwall / London: [A. Constable and Company], 1906- url p. 53, p. 70.
- The birds of Connecticut, Hartford, Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1913. url .
- The birds of Connecticut, by John Hall Sage and Louis Bennett Bishop, assisted by Walter Parks Bliss. Hartford, Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1913. url p. 273, p. 273.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 181.
- The book of the seasons; or, The calendar of nature. LondonR. Bentley1833 url p. 157.
- The century supplement to the dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / by Geo. Nicholson. .. [et al.]. Hyde Park, Mass.: Geo. T. King; 1901. url p. 577.
- The constitution and by-laws of the Ann Arbor Scientific Association with the proceedings for the year ending May 1, 1876.. ... Ann Arbor, Courier Steam Printing House, 1876. url p. 90.
- The cotton question. New York, Metropolitan record office, 1866. url p. 43.
- The differentiation and specificity of starches in relation to genera, species, etc.; stereochemistry applied to protoplasmic processes and products, and as a strictly scientific basis for the classification of plants and animals Washington, D.C.Carnegie institution of Washington1913 url p. 274.
- The economic value of birds to the state, by Frank M. Chapman. .. 1903 Albany, J.B. Lyon Company, Printers, 1903. url p. 25.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 213, p. 343.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 92.
- The flora of Boulder, Colorado, and vicinity, by Francis Potter Daniels. .. [Columbia, Mo.]The University of Missouri, 1911. url p. 163, p. 296.
- The flora of Canada collected by A.M. Ross. Toronto: Rowsell & Hutchison, 1875. url p. 8.
- The flora of Essex County, Massachusetts. Salem, Essex Institute, 1880. url .
- The flora of Montreal Island by Robert Campbell. S.l.: s.n., 1892? url .
- The flora of the metamorphic region of Alabama / by F.S. Earle. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1902. url p. 85.
- The flora of the upper Susquehanna and its tributaries / by WJillard Nelson Clute. Binghamton, N.Y.: W.N. Clute, 1898. url p. 21.
- The fungi / by Frederick A. Wolf and Frederick T. Wolf. New York: J. Wiley,  url p. 336.
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 397, p. 397.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 397.
- The island of Nantucket: what it was and what it is: being a complete index and guide to this noted resort: containing descriptions of everything on or about the island in regard to which the visitor or resident may desire Boston: C.T. Dillingham, c1882. url p. 40.
- The journal of the Horticultural Society of London. London, [England]: Published for the Society, by Longman and Co., 1846-1855. url p. 219.
- The life of John Duncan Scotch weaver and botanist: with sketches of his friends and notices of the times / by William Jolly. London: Kegan Paul, Trench and Co., 1883. url p. 515.
- The microbiology of the atmosphere. London, L. Hill;1961. url p. 185, p. 242.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , , .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 965.
- The natural history review. Dublin: Hodges & Smith, 1854-1865. url p. 218.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 84.
- The plant community [by] Herbert C. Hanson [and] Ethan D. Churchill. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp. url p. 212, p. 85.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 112, p. 121, p. 123, p. 230, p. 449.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 64.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 16, p. 186.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url .
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 516.
- The plants of southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 516.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 201, p. 456.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 201, p. 456.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 109, p. 171, p. 50, p. 51, p. 58, p. 61, p. 63, p. 66, p. 99.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. 28 1934 [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 223.
- Transactions of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Canadian Institute. url p. 364.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 113.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 114, p. 202.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 150, p. 170, p. 178, p. 200, p. 23, p. 237, p. 24, p. 30, p. 4, p. 46, p. 64.
- Transactions of the New York Academy of Sciences. New York: New York Academy of Sciences. url p. 19.
- Transactions of the Sapporo Natural History Society. Sapporo, Japan, Sapporo Natural History Society, Hokkaido Imperial University. url .
- Transactions of the State Agricultural Society. .. Lansing: The Society, 1850-1856. url p. 413.
- Transactions of the Tennessee Academy of Science. Nashville, Williams printing company[1914-17] url p. 83.
- Transactions of the Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters. [Madison]Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters, 1870/72- url p. 112, p. 142.
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url p. 107, p. 195, p. 63, p. 75, p. 78, p. 80.
- Transactions. Columbus, Ohio [etc.] url p. 246, p. 249.
- Travels in the Confederation, 1783-1784. From the German. Translated and edited by Alfred J. Morrison. Philadelphia, W.J. Campbell, 1911. url p. 242.
- University studies of the University of Nebraska. Lincoln. url p. 216, p. 221, p. 226, p. 74, p. 81.
- Useful birds and their protection. Containing brief descriptions of the more common and useful species of Massachusetts, with accounts of their food habits, and a chapter on the means of attracting and protecting birds. [Boston, Printed by Wright & Potter]1913. url .
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 57.
- Weeds of the North Central States. Urbana, Ill: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture, Agricultural Experiment Station,  url p. 111, p. 248, p. 301.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url .
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies / by Chester A. Reed. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1910. url p. 186.
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies. Worcester, Mass., Reed, 1910. url p. 186.
- Wild flowers every child should know: arranged according to color with reliable descriptions of the more common species of the United States and Canada / by Frederic William Stack. New York: Doubleday, Page and Company, 1909. url p. 398.
- Window gardening, and a list of some of the flowers found growing naturally in the vicinity of Boston. .. [Boston]: Massachusetts Horticultural Society, c1889. url p. 15.
- Yearbook of agriculture. WashingtonU.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 199, p. 232, p. 265, p. 431, p. 514.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 22, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from provider.
- Light, Kris. East Tennessee Wildflowers
- "Oxalis stricta". in Flora of China Vol. 11 Page 3, 4. Published by Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- The International Plant Names Index. Accessed Jan 19, 2007.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 26, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 14, 2007:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Flora of the Stołowe Mts.
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plants, Field notes, Oslo
- The New York Botanical Garden, Bronx River Bioblitz
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2652461
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-29095
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:375435-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 26216
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 29095
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 375435-1
- MoBot NameID: 23700040
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDOXA010C0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: XAST2
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 27982
- "Oxalis". in Flora of Pakistan . Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Oxalis stricta". in Flora of China Vol. 11 Page 3, 4. Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 210.200 meters (689.633 feet), Standard Deviation = 215.030 based on 7,994 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]