Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Matgrass, Matgrass Nardus Stricta, Moor Matgrass, Moor-Mat Grass, Nard Grass
Common Names in Swedish:
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,500 meters (0 to 8,202 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Commelinidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Nardus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of the Coccidæ of the world. [By] Mrs. Maria E. Fernald, A.M. Amherst, Mass., Carpenter & Morehouse, 1903. url p. 119.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url , .
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 139.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 84.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 443.
- A flora of the islands of Jersey, with a list of the plants of the Channel Islands in general, and remarks upon their distribution and geographical affinities. London, West, Newman, 1903. url .
- A further contribution to a comparative study of the dominant phanerogamic and higher cryptogamic flora of aquatic habit in Scottish lakes / by George West. Edinburgh: R. Grant, 1910. url p. 101.
- A glossary of botanic terms with their derivation and accent. By Benjamin Daydon Jackson. .. London, Duckworth; url p. 246, p. 444.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 196.
- A handbook of British Lepidoptera, by Edward Meyrick. London, Macmillan, 1895. url p. 340, p. 340.
- A history of Longridge and district. By Tom. C. Smith. .. Preston: Printed by C.W. Whitehead, 1888. url p. 269.
- A manual of forestry. London, Bradbury, Agnew, 1889-96. url p. 358.
- A manual of forestry. LondonBradbury, Agnew1906-25 url p. 402.
- A monographic rearrangement of Lophodermium, Urbana, Ill., University of Illinois, 1935 url p. 43.
- A natural history of British grasses / by E.J. Lowe. London: John C. Nimmo, 1891. url , , p. 243, p. 5, p. 62.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 127, p. 128, p. 224.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 127, p. 128, p. 224.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 103, p. 114, p. 116, p. 121, p. 125, p. 126, p. 156, p. 157, p. 158, p. 163, p. 177, p. 178, p. 44.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 152.
- A reader in botany / selected and adapted from well-known authors by Jane H. Newell. Boston: Ginn & Co., 1898. url p. 140.
- A student's text-book of botany / by Sydney H. Vines. London: Macmillan, 1895. url p. 550.
- A student's text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. With 483 illustrations. London, Macmillan & co., 1896. url .
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 156.
- A systematic arrangement of British plants / by W. Withering; corrected and condensed; preceded by instructions adapted for persons commencing the study of botany; accompanied with figures by William MacGillivray. London: Printed for Adam Scott, 1848. url p. 69.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url , p. 101, p. 106, p. 113, p. 114, p. 116, p. 117, p. 118, p. 120, p. 126, p. 130, p. 130, p. 136, p. 139, p. 141, p. 152, p. 164, p. 166, p. 169, p. 171, p. 175, p. 175, p. 176, p. 187, p. 195, p. 201, p. 202, p. 212, p. 22, p. 222, p. 225, p. 228, p. 23, p. 230, p. 232, p. 233, p. 233, p. 25, p. 257, p. 259, p. 266, p. 272, p. 28, p. 29, p. 300, p. 335, p. 34, p. 37, p. 37, p. 39, p. 405, p. 406, p. 44, p. 447, p. 47, p. 473, p. 50, p. 52, p. 534, p. 541, p. 544, p. 561, p. 57, p. 581, p. 59, p. 59, p. 60, p. 61, p. 63, p. 65, p. 67, p. 69, p. 70, p. 74, p. 75, p. 79, p. 8, p. 81, p. 89, p. 9, p. 94, p. 97, p. 97.
- Afforestation. LondonW. & R. Chambers1918 url p. 35.
- Agricultural botany, theoretical and practical. New York, H. Holt, 1910. url .
- American grasses / Washington: Gov. Print. Off., 1897-1901. url p. 158, p. 196, p. 312.
- American grasses / by F. Lamson-Scribner. Washington: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Division of Agrontology, 1897- url p. 312, p. 312.
- American grasses. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1900. url p. 300, p. 317.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 281.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 125, p. 158, p. 236, p. 283.
- Annals of natural history. London, R. and J.E. Taylor, url p. 123, p. 123.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url , , , p. 77.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 8 1897 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 169, p. 193.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 285, p. 4.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 182, p. 436, p. 440, p. 449.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 310, p. 340.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url , , p. 120, p. 34, p. 343, p. 357, p. 362, p. 367, p. 374, p. 377, p. 400, p. 6, p. 93.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 169.
- British grasses and their employment in agriculture, Cambridge, University press, 1917. url , , , , , , .
- British grasses: an introduction to the study of the Gramineae of Great Britain and Ireland / 1867 London: Reeve & co., 1867 url p. 12, p. 196, p. 50.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 251, p. 251, p. 255, p. 255, p. 258, p. 258, p. 259, p. 260, p. 260, p. 296, p. 328, p. 328.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , , , , , , .
- Bulletin / Hatch Experiment Station of the Massachusetts Agricultural College. [S.l.: s.n.], 1888- url p. 119.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. 1900 Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 196, p. 312, p. 312.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1920 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 10, p. 10, p. 11, p. 11, p. 11, p. 12, p. 12, p. 12, p. 12, p. 12, p. 13, p. 14, p. 14, p. 18, p. 21, p. 9, p. 9, p. 9.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 19, p. 345, p. 75, p. 79, p. 93.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 46 1919 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 230.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 45.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , .
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 276, p. 9, p. 9.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 246.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 246.
- Chamber's encyclopaedia, a dictionary of universal knowledge. London, Chambers, 1902. url p. 361.
- Colonsay, one of the Hebrides, its plants: their local names and usses--legends, ruins, and place-names--Gaelic names of birds, fishes, etc.--climate, geological formation, etc. By Murdoch McNeill. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1910. url p. 195, p. 79.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url , p. 216, p. 370.
- Companion to the Botanical magazine: being a journal, containing such interesting botanical information as does not come within the prescribed limits of the magazine; with occasional figures /by W.J. Hooker. 2 1836-1837 London: Printed by E. Conchman. .. for the proprietor, S. Curtis, 1835-1836 [i.e., 1835-1837] url p. 321.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 48 2003 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 455.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.Hodges, Smith, 1866. url p. 340.
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 76.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 24, p. 26, p. 304, p. 335, p. 494.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 220.
- Descriptive notes on the topography and vegetation of some localities visited by the excursion in Denmark arranged for the members of l'Association internationale des botanistes, June 22nd-July 3rd, 1 Ed. by the Dansk botanisk forening. København, Dansk botanisk forenings forlag, 1913. url p. 11, p. 9.
- Dictionary of biological equivalents, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins company, 1930. url p. 53.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 344.
- Diseases of field and garden crops: chiefly such as are caused by fungi. London, MacMillan, 1884. url p. 214, p. 349.
- Edmonston's flora of Shetland: comprehending a list of the prevalent wild-flowers, horse-tails, club-mosses and ferns of the Shetland Isles. Edinburgh; Oliphant, Anderson & Ferrier, 1903. url p. 46, p. 95.
- Elements of practical agriculture; comprehending the cultivation of plants, the husbandry of the domestic animals, and the economy of the farm. London: Longman, [etc., etc.], 1838. url p. 27, p. 712.
- Epping Forest / by Edward North Buxton. London: E. Stanford, 1885. url p. 126.
- Ergot of grains and grasses. [Washington]Office of Cereal Investigations, Bureau of Plant Industry, U. S. Department of Agriculture, 1920. url , .
- Essex naturalist: being the journal of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex, The Club. url p. 266.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1071, p. 56.
- Farm live stock of Great Britain. / By Robert Wallace. .. Edinburgh, : Oliver and Boyd, 1885. url p. 156.
- Farm live stock of Great Britain. By Robert Wallace. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd, 1907. url p. 673.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 130.
- Field and woodland plants / by W. S. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, and Co., 1909 url p. 280.
- Field and woodland plants, by W.S. Furneaux. With 8 plates in colour, and numerous illustrations by Patten Wilson, and photographs from nature by the author. London, Longmans, Green, 1911. url p. 280.
- Flora Orcadensis: containing the flowering plants arranged according to the natural orders / by Magnus Spence; and The mosses, by James Grant. Kirkwall: D. Spence, 1914. url p. 146.
- Flora hibernica, comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland, arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system, by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin, Simpkin, Marshall and co.; [etc., etc.]1836. url p. 318.
- Flora hibernica: comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland: arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin: W. Curry jun., 1836. url p. 318.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 108, p. 112, p. 41, p. 47, p. 5, p. 61, p. 76, p. 79.
- Flora of Cambridgeshire; or, A catalogue of plants found in the county of Cambridge; with references to former catalogues, and the localities of the rarer species. London, J. Van Voorst, 1860. url , .
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , .
- Flora of Derbyshire: flowering plants, higher cryptogams, mosses and hepatics, Characeae. London, Bemrose & Sons Ltd., 1903. url , p. 15.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 484.
- Flora of Middlesex: a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county: with sketches of its Physical Geography and climate and of the progress of Middlesex Botany during the last three centuries. London, R. Hardwicke1869. url p. 359.
- Flora of Middlesex; a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county; with sketches of its physical geography and climate, and of the progress of Middlesex botany during the last three centuries, by Henry Trimen and William T. Thiselton Dyer. With a map. London, Robert Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 359.
- Flora of Plymouth: an account of the flowering plants and ferns found within twelve miles of the town; history of local botanical investigation. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 384.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 132.
- Flora of the Bristol coal-field. Edited (for the Bristol Naturalists' Society) by James Walter White. .. Bristol, J. Fawn & Son [etc.]1881- url p. 230.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. 2 1934 [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 464, p. 466.
- Flowering plants of the Riviera: a sescriptive account of 1800 of the more interesting species / by H. Stuart Thompson; with an introduction on Riviera vegetation by A. G. Tansley London; New York: Longmans, Green, 1914. url p. 240.
- Flowers and their unbidden guests. London, C. K. Paul & Co., 1878. url p. 162, p. 38.
- Flowers of the field, by the late Rev. C. A. Johns. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1911. url p. 589.
- Forests and forestry of northern Russia and lands beyond / comp. by John Croumbie Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1884- url p. 190.
- Forests, woods and trees in relation to hygiene, by Augustine Henry. New York, Dutton, 1919. url p. 108, p. 209, p. 309.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 106, p. 87, p. 92.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Grasses of North America / by W.J. Beal. New York: H. Holt, 1887-1896. url p. 23.
- Grasses of North America for farmers and students. .. / by W.J. Beal. Lansing: W.J. Beal, 1887-1896. url p. 23.
- Grasses: a handbook for use in the field and laboratory / by H. Marshall Ward. Cambridge: University Press, 1901. url p. 171, p. 173, p. 180, p. 29, p. 36, p. 46, p. 64, p. 69, p. 70, p. 8, p. 9.
- Grasses; a handbook for use in the field and laboratory. By H. Marshall Ward. Cambridge, University Press, 1908. url p. 173, p. 185, p. 33, p. 46, p. 64, p. 69, p. 70, p. 9, p. 99.
- Hampstead Hill: its structure, materials and sculpturing / by J. Logan Lobley; with The flora of Hampstead, by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F. A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Haring. London: Roper and Drowley, 1889. url p. 80.
- Hampstead Hill; its structure, materials, and sculpturing. With The flora of Hampstead by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F.A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Harting. LondonRoper and Drowley1889 url p. 80.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 534.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url .
- Handbook of grasses, treating of their structure, classification, geographical distribution and uses, also describing the British species and their habitats. London, Macmillan, 1910. url , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalised in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London, L. Reeve & Co., ltd., 1918. url p. 526.
- Handbook of the Torquay flora; comprising the flowering plants and ferns growing in and around Torquay, with their respective habitats. By Robert Stewart, M.R.C.S. London, E. Croydon, Royal Library;1860. url p. 143.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 153, p. 230.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 175.
- Hortus Gramineus Woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses, &c. &c., used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals; instituted by John, Duke of B London, W. Ridgway, 1869. url p. 365.
- How to know grasses by the leaves. Edinburgh, D. Douglas[pref. 1890] url p. 37, p. 38, p. 55, p. 56.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 301.
- Illustrated natural history of British butterflies and moths; the figures drawn by George Willis and engraved by John Kirchner. London, Glaisher, pref. 1869. url p. 101.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants, drawn by W.H. Fitch and W.G. Smith. London: Reeve, 1908. url p. 293.
- Index of British plants according to the London catalogue... London: G. Bell, 1889. url p. 94.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 854.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , p. 94.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 93.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 628, p. 660.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 25 1887 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 110, p. 113, p. 126, p. 13, p. 130, p. 135, p. 14, p. 14, p. 145, p. 15, p. 157, p. 161, p. 174, p. 180, p. 190, p. 199, p. 216, p. 227, p. 248, p. 258, p. 267, p. 273, p. 278, p. 298, p. 3, p. 306, p. 306, p. 31, p. 344, p. 344, p. 350, p. 360, p. 371, p. 372, p. 476, p. 59, p. 65, p. 77, p. 77, p. 89.
- Journal of forestry. Washington: Society of American Foresters, 1917- url p. 371.
- Journal of the Royal Agricultural Society of England. London:Royal Agricultural Society of England [etc.], 1840-2002. url p. 127.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. Botany. 6 1862 London: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, & Roberts: ||Williams and Norgate, 1857-1864. url p. 35.
- Larva collecting and breeding: a handbook to the larvae of the British Macro-Lepidoptera and their food plants: both in nature and in confinement, with authorities / by J. Seymour St. John. London: W. Wesley, 1890 url p. 142, p. 26.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 111, p. 138, p. 151, p. 156, p. 265, p. 74.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 511, p. 516.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1851. url .
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by Charles Cardale Babington. London: John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 393.
- Manual of British grasses / 1907 London: Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent,  url figure , p. 116, p. 15, p. 158, p. xii.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 151.
- Manual of the grasses of the United States / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington: U.S. G.P.O., 1935. url p. 272, p. 896.
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url .
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 104, p. 14, p. 144, p. 173, p. 19, p. 204, p. 23, p. 450, p. 458, p. 544, p. 554, p. 588, p. 725.
- Monograph of the Coccidæ of the British Isles. By Robert Newstead. London, Printed for the Ray society, 1901-03. url p. 189, p. 267.
- Mountain and moorland, by J. Arthur Thomson. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 91, p. 94.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 17, p. 25, p. 77, p. 9.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 172, p. 257, p. 402, p. 91.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 111, p. 131, p. 137, p. 150, p. 213, p. 223, p. 238, p. 258, p. 288, p. 290, p. 310, p. 357, p. 393, p. 395.
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url , , .
- Oecology of plants: an introduction to the study of plant-communities / by Eug. Warming; assisted by Martin Vahl; prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 116, p. 199, p. 209, p. 212, p. 266, p. 416.
- Oecology of plants; an introduction to the study of plant-communities, by Eug. Warming, assisted by Martin Vahl. Prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 116, p. 199, p. 209, p. 212, p. 266.
- On the fauna and flora of the west of Scotland. Meeting at Glasgow, September, 1876. Glasgow, Blackie, 1876 url p. 77.
- On the popular names of British plants, being an explanation of the origin and meaning of the names of our indigenous and most commonly cultivated species. By R. C. A. Prior. London: Williams and Norgate, 1870. url p. 148, p. 252.
- Our native ferns, or, A history of the British species and their varieties / by E.J. Lowe. London: Groombridge, 1865-1867. url p. 238.
- Pasture studies: some results, Bangor [Wales]Jarvis & Foster, printers, 1919. url .
- Plant Form OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS url p. 185, p. 333.
- Plant-geography upon a physiological basis. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1903. url p. 774.
- Plants poisonous to live stock, by Harold C. Long. .. Cambridge: University press, 1917. url p. 101, p. 117.
- Plants poisonous to live stock. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1917. url , .
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 302.
- Popular field botany; containing a familiar and technical description of the plants most common to the various localities of the British Isles, adapted to the study of either the artificial or natural systems. London, Reeve, Benham & Reeve, 1849. url , p. 190.
- Popular geography of plants; or, A botanical excursion round the world, by E.M.C.; ed. by Charles Daubeny. London, 1855. url p. 356.
- Proceedings - Cambridge Philosophical Society. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society [etc.] url p. 247.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url .
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url , p. 281.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 109, p. 21, p. 23, p. 240, p. 27, p. 28, p. 31, p. 31, p. 381, p. 391, p. 401, p. 406, p. 43, p. 438, p. 564, p. 577, p. 580, p. 720, p. 722, p. 96.
- Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh. Edinburgh: The Society, 1858-1955 url p. 289.
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 25, p. 71.
- Pteridophyta, Gymnospermae and Monocotyledones / by O. Gelert and C.H. Ostenfeld. Copenhagen: Nordiske forlag, 1902. url p. 132.
- Rambles of a naturalist round Folkestone: with occasional papers on the fauna and flora of the district, to which are added lists of plants, lepidoptera, birds, and land and freshwater shells / by Henry Ullyett. Folkestone: J. English, 1880. url p. 138.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , , , .
- Reports and papers on botany. London: Printed for the Ray society, 1846-49. url p. 450.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 392, p. 551, p. 560, p. 561, p. 698.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 240, p. 268.
- Scientific feeding of the domestic animals, by Martin Klimmer. Chicago, A. Eger, 1923. url p. 37, p. 43.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 151.
- Sport in Norway, and where to find it. Together with a short account of the vegetable productions of the country. To which is added, a list of the Alpine flora of the Dovre fjeld and of the Norwegian ferns, &c. By M. R. Barnard. .. London, Chapman and Hall, 1864. url p. 312, p. 312.
- Structural and systematic botany: being an arrangement of plants, forming a basis for the study of botany, either on the Linnaean or natural systems. London, C. Griffin[pref. 1855] url p. 154.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, Flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / by H. Stuart Thompson; with 33 coloured plates (168 figures) by George Flemwell. London: Dutton, 1912. url p. 3.
- Synopsis of the British Basidiomycetes: a descriptive catalogue of the drawings and specimens in the department of Botany, British Museum. London, 1908. url p. 78.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 2068, p. 2076.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url p. 571.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 190, p. 287, p. 351, p. 99, p. 99, p. 99.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 116, p. 117, p. 174, p. 233, p. 233, p. 28, p. 39, p. 42, p. 96.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 248, p. 249, p. 411, p. 49, p. 50, p. 51, p. 52, p. 534.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 353.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal: Natural History Society, 1884-1916. url p. 29, p. 7.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 198, p. 21, p. 79.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 2, p. 23, p. 51.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 108, p. 212, p. 212, p. 58, p. 9.
- The Eskimo tribes; their distribution and characteristics, especially as regards language, with a comparative vocabulary and sketch-map. Copenhagen1887-91. url p. 104.
- The Farmer's magazine. [London: Rogerson and Tuxford, 1834-1881. url , p. 477, p. 477.
- The Farmers' register. Richmond, Va.: Edmund Ruffin, 1833-1843. url p. 675, p. 685.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url , .
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 4.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1856 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 140, p. 190, p. 362, p. 568, p. 687.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 139, p. 196, p. 240, p. 386, p. 390, p. 633, p. 706.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 146, p. 53, p. 59, p. 69.
- The Horticulturist and journal of rural art and rural taste. Albany, N.Y.: Luther Tucker, 1846-1875. url p. 485.
- The International Phytogeographical Excursion in the British Isles (1911): a record and some notes by various phytogeographers who took part in the excursion. Cambridge: New phytologist, 1913. url p. 108, p. 46.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url , p. 121, p. 183, p. 23, p. 24, p. 251, p. 288, p. 321.
- The Journal of agricultural science. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press. url p. 28, p. 35, p. 37, p. 40, p. 52.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 380, p. 380, p. 431, p. 438.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 43 1915-17 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 282, p. 341, p. 359, p. 383, p. 547, p. 564.
- The Lepidoptera of the British Islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, their preparatory states, habits, and localities / by Charles G. Barrett. London: L. Reeve, 1893-1907. url p. 266.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 324, p. 405.
- The Manchester flora: a descriptive list of the plants growing wild within eighteen miles of Manchester, with notices of the plants commonly cultivated in gardens; preceded by an introduction to botany, by L. H. Grindon. London, W. White, 1859. url p. 434.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 102, p. 102, p. 13, p. 207, p. 287, p. 290, p. 322, p. 326.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 296.
- The New Forest; its history and its scenery. By John R. Wise. With 63 illustrations, drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps. London: Gibbings & co., 1895. url p. 296.
- The North American Pyrenomycetes. A contribution to mycologic botany, Newfield, N. J., Ellis & Everhart, 1892 [c1890] url .
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 148, p. 195, p. 202, p. 222, p. 274, p. 290, p. 317, p. 318, p. 326, p. 358, p. 377, p. 391, p. 427, p. 44, p. 624.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 10, p. 181, p. 584, p. 818.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 481, p. 617.
- The Scottish botanical review. Edinburgh: Neill & Co., 1912. url p. 7, p. 76.
- The Scottish naturalist. Arbroath [etc.]T. Buncle & Co. [etc.] url p. 18.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url , p. 189, p. 190, p. 254, p. 274, p. 318.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 37.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 51.
- The biology of flowering plants, by Macgregor Skene. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1924. url p. 38, p. 509, p. 58.
- The book of nature study, ed. by J. Bretland Farmer. .. assisted by a staff of specialists. Fully illustrated. London, Caxton publishing company[1908?]-1909. url p. 182, p. 200.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 225.
- The botanical looker-out among the wild flowers of England and Wales, at all seasons, and in the most interesting localities. By Edwin Lees. .. London, Hamilton, Adams & Co., 1851. url p. 11.
- The botany of Iceland, edited by L. Kolderup Rosenvinge and Eug. Warming. Copenhagen, J. Frimodt, 1912- url p. 336, p. 339.
- The botany of the Eastern Borders: with the popular names and uses of the plants, and of the customs and beliefs which have been associated with them / by George Johnston. London: J. Van Voorst, 1853. url p. 208, p. 327.
- The botany of the eastern borders, with the popular names and uses of the plants, and of the customs and beliefs which have been associated with them. London, J. Van Voorst, 1853. url .
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden / by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 435.
- The differentiation and specificity of starches in relation to genera, species, etc.; stereochemistry applied to protoplasmic processes and products, and as a strictly scientific basis for the classification of plants and animals Washington, D.C.Carnegie institution of Washington1913 url p. 276, p. 9, p. 9.
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url , , , p. 107, p. 63.
- The farmer's and planter's encyclopaedia of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, suited to the comprehension of unscientific readers. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. With extensive additions adapting the work to the United States. .. By Gouverneur Emerson. .. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1868. url p. 796.
- The farmer's encyclopædia, and dictionary of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry. Adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers. .. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. Adapted to the United States by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 796.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 146, p. 343.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 568, p. 663.
- The field botanist's companion: comprising a familiar account, in the four seasons, of the most common of the wild flowering plants of the British Isles / by Thomas Moore. London: L. Reeve, 1862. url p. 340.
- The flora of Banffshire. Aberdeen: Printed for the University1912 url p. 16.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 108, p. 41, p. 632.
- The flora of British India. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1875-97. url .
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 193.
- The flora of Harrow: by J. Cosmo Melvill. Harrow, Green and Co.;1876. url p. 113.
- The flora of Oxfordshire and its contiguous counties: (comprising the flowering plants only;) arranged in easy and familiar language according to the Linnaean and natural systems; preceded by an introduction to botany / Oxford: H. Slatter, 1833. url p. 15, p. 15.
- The flora of Oxfordshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with sketches of the progress of Oxfordshire botany during the last three centuries, and London, Parker and Co., 1886. url , , .
- The flora of the Alps being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. London: J.C. Nimmo, 1896. url p. 195.
- The flora of the Alps: being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. New York: Truslove & Comba, 1898. url p. 195.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 130, p. 39, p. 41.
- The grasses of Britain / by Richard Parnell; drawn and engraved by the author. Edinburgh: W. Blackwood, 1845. url , p. 65.
- The grasses of Great Britain, London, R. Hardwicke url .
- The grasses of Scotland. Edinburgh [etc.]W. Blackwood and Sons, 1842. url , p. 150, p. 65.
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 368.
- The history of our British butterflies containing - a full bibliographical note of each species, with copious extracts from the old authors; and full descriptions of all the British species, their eggs, caterpillars, chrysalides and variet London, J. Kempster url p. 112.
- The history of the borough, castle, and barony of Alnwick, by George Tate. .. Alnwick, H.H. Blair, 1866-69. url .
- The lepidopterist's calendar. Gloucester, H. Marsden, 1875. url p. 166, p. 184, p. 209, p. 41, p. 72.
- The life of John Duncan Scotch weaver and botanist: with sketches of his friends and notices of the times / by William Jolly. London: Kegan Paul, Trench and Co., 1883. url p. 512.
- The little English flora, or, a botanical and popular account of all our common field flowers. London, Simpkin, Marshall & co., 1842. url p. 188.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 895, p. 961, p. 963.
- The naturalist in Norway: or, Notes on the wild animals, birds, fishes, and plants of that country. .. / by Rev. J. Bowden. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1869. url p. 259.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 175, p. 19, p. 242, p. 279, p. 281, p. 283, p. 321, p. 334, p. 368, p. 78.
- The sea-side book: being an introduction to the natural history of the British coasts / by W.H. Harvey. London: John Van Voorst, 1849. url p. 211.
- The sea-side book; being an introduction to the natural history of the British coasts. By W.H. Harvey. .. London: J. Van Voorst, 1857. url p. 278.
- The story of plant life in the British Isles; types of the common natural orders, by A.R. Horwood. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1914-15. url p. 412.
- The study of plants; an introduction to botany and plant ecology. OxfordClarendon Press1915 url p. 367.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 181, p. 247, p. 49, p. 61, p. 63, p. 68.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url , , , p. 121, p. 151, p. 168, p. 169, p. 74, p. 88.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 490, p. 72.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 9.
- Transactions of the Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland. Edinburgh: [The Society], 1845- url p. 233, p. 40, p. 44.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 5 1896 London. url p. 227, p. 359, p. 483.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 293, p. 41, p. 42, p. 45.
- Transactions of the Royal Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: Douglas & Foulis, 1888-1926. url p. 141, p. 53.
- Transactions of the Tyneside Naturalists' Field Club. Newcastle-upon-Tyne: F. & W. Dodsworth, 1850-1864. url p. 200.
- Transactions of the Watford Natural History Society and Hertfordshire Field Club. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1875-1880. url p. 30.
- Types of British vegetation, Cambridge, University Press, 1911. url , , , , .
- Vegetable substances: materials of manufactures / [published under the superintendence of the Society of the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge]. London: C. Knight, 1833. url p. 164.
- Vegetation of the Peak District / C. E. Moss. Cambridge: University Press, 1913. url , , p. 106, p. 110, p. 111, p. 118, p. 125, p. 126, p. 171, p. 178, p. 179, p. 180, p. 181, p. 185, p. 186, p. 188, p. 193, p. 201, p. 211, p. 212, p. 8.
- Vegetation of the Peak District. Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url , , , , p. 106, p. 107, p. 109, p. 110, p. 111, p. 118, p. 125, p. 127, p. 130, p. 131, p. 136, p. 139, p. 155, p. 162, p. 171, p. 178, p. 179, p. 180, p. 181, p. 185, p. 186, p. 188, p. 191, p. 193, p. 201, p. 211, p. 212, p. 213, p. 222, p. 225, p. 226, p. 229, p. 237, p. 238, p. 242, p. 249, p. 253, p. 261, p. 271, p. 273, p. 274, p. 8, p. 8.
- Works on forestry [by] J.C. Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1883-87. url p. 190.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 7006, p. 7006.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 19, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 43 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 29, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 19, 2007:
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Botanical Society of the British Isles - Vascular Plants Database
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Joint Nature Conservation Committee - Vegetation surveys of coastal shingle in Great Britain
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Scottish Borders Biological Records Centre - SWT Scottish Borders Local Wildlife Site Survey data 1996-2000 - species information
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2661870
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-41952
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 5341511
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:66427-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 25066
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 41952
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PMPOA4A010
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: NAST3
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 51273