Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Field Forget-Me-Not, Common Forget-Me-Not, Field Forgetmenot, Field Scorpion-Grass, Forget-Me-Not, Rough Forget-Me-Not
Common Names in French:
Myosotis Des Champs
, biennial, or annual
, less often lianas, shrubs
, or trees
, usually bristly
or scabrous-pubescent. Leaves simple
, alternate, rarely opposite, entire or serrate at margin
. Inflorescences often double
scorpioid cymes, rarely solitary; bracts present or absent. Flowers bisexual
, rarely zygomorphic. Calyx usually 5-parted or lobed
, mostly persistent
. Corolla tubular
, rotate, funnelform
, or salverform
5, rarely more, mostly trapeziform, rarely absent, sometimes a ring
present; limb usually 5-parted; lobes
overlapping, rarely twisted in bud. Stamens 5, inserted
on corolla tube or rarely at throat
or rarely exserted; anthers
, 2-loculed, usually dorsifixed
, less often medifixed
, dehiscence longitudinal
. Nectaries at base of corolla tube or on disc below ovary. Ovary superior, 2-carpellate; locules 2 and each with 2 ovules, or 4 and each with 1 ovule; ovules nearly atropous
, semianatropous, or anatropous
. Style terminal
, branched or not. Gynobase
, or subulate
. Fruit 1-4-seeded drupes or nutlets
(mericarps) ; nutlets mostly dry, often ornamented with wings
, prickles and/or glochids (stiff bristles
or anchorlike tips
) . Seeds vertical
membranous; embryo straight, less often curved
; cotyledons flat, fleshy
About 156 genera and 2500 species: temperate and tropical regions , centered in the Mediterranean region; 47 genera and 294 species in China, of which four genera and 156 species are endemic.
, short pubescent
. Leaves alternate. Cymes becoming racemelike after anthesis
or rarely with few bracts. Calyx 5-lobed or parted
, slightly enlarged or not in fruit. Corolla blue or white, rarely light purple, usually salverform
, rarely campanulate
5, scalelike; lobes
convolute. Stamens included
, apex obtuse
. Ovary 4-parted. Style linear
; stigma discoid
flat or slightly convex
4, usually ovate, appressed
, shiny; attachment scar
About 50 species: Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America; five species in China.
Flowers: Bloom Period: March, April, May, June. • Flower Color: medium blue
Size: 6-12" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 1,230 meters (0 to 4,035 feet).
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Solananae () - R. Dahlgren Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Dolichos urens L.
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Myosotis
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 43 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
M. alpestris alpestris (Alpine Forget-Me-Not) · M. arvensis (Field Forget-Me-Not) · M. arvensis arvensis (Field Forget-Me-Not) · M. asiatica (Alpine Forget Me Not) · M. australis (Austral Forget-Me-Not) · M. azorica (Azores Forget-Me-Not) · M. canescens (Hairy Forget Me Not) · M. capitata (Sub-Antartic Forget-Me-Not) · M. colensoi (Colensos Forget-Me-Not) · M. discolor (Changing Forget-Me-Not) · M. dissitiflora 'Blue Bird' (Annual Forget-Me-Not) · M. latifolia (Broad-Leaf Forget-Me-Not) · M. laxa (Bay Forget-Me-Not) · M. laxa cespitosa (Bay Forget-Me-Not) · M. macrosperma (Large-Seeded Forget-Me-Not) · M. ramosissima (Early Forget-Me-Not) · M. scirpoides (Forget Me Not) · M. scorpioides (Forget-Me-Not) · M. scorpioides palustris (Forget-Me-Not) · M. scorpioides scorpioides (Yelloweye Forget-Me-Not) · M. scorpioides 'Mermaid' (Water Forget-Me-Not) · M. scorpioides 'Semperflorens' (Water Forget-Me-Not) · M. secunda (Creeping Forget-Me-Not) · M. stricta (Small-Flowered Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica (Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica alba (Woodland Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica 'Bluesylva' (Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica 'Blue Bird' (Blue Bird Forget Me Not) · M. sylvatica 'Bobo Blue' (Bobo Blue Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica 'Early Bird Blue' (Early Bird Blue Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica 'Indigo Compacta' (Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica 'Rosylva' (Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica 'Royal Blue Compact' (Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica 'Snowsylva' (Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica 'Spring Symphony Blue' (Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica 'Victoria Blue' (Victoria Blue Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica 'Victoria Blue Dwarf' (Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica 'Victoria Dark Blue' (Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica 'Victoria Indigo Blue' (Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica 'Victoria Pink Dwarf' (Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica 'Victoria Rose' (Forget-Me-Not) · M. sylvatica 'Victoria White' (Forget-Me-Not) · M. verna (Spring Forget Me Not)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url .
- A compendium of the flora of the northern and middle states, containing generic and specific descriptions of all the plants, exclusive of the cryptogamia, hitherto found in the United States, north of the Potomac. New York, S. B. Collins, 1826. url p. 101.
- A contribution to our knowledge of seedlings; by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url , p. 255, p. 263.
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 97.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 67.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 48.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url , p. 167.
- A flora of the north-east of Ireland: including the Phanerogamia, the Cryptogamia vascularia, and the Muscineae / by Samuel Alexander Stewart and Thomas Hughes Corry. [Belfast]: Belfast Naturalists' Field Club; 1888. url p. 297.
- A general system of gardening and botany. Founded upon Miller's Gardener's dictionary, and arranged according to the natural system. By George Don. London, Printed for C. J. G. and F. Rivington, 1831-38. url p. 339, p. 344, p. 345, p. 349.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 170.
- A hand-book to the order Lepidoptera. By W.F. Kirby. .. London, E. Lloyd, limited, 1896-1897. url p. 168.
- A handbook to the order Lepidoptera. By W. F. Kirby. London, E. Lloyd, limited, 1896-1897. url p. 168.
- A history of Longridge and district. PrestonPrinted by C.W. Whitehead1888 url p. 263.
- A monograph of the British Uredineae and Ustilagineae, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. London, Paul, Trench & Co., 1889. url , .
- A monograph of the British Uredineæ and Ustilagineæ, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. By Charles B. Plowright. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1889. url p. 290, p. 330.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 348, p. 349.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood. With sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from darwings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 8.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 106, p. 109, p. 114, p. 43.
- A report on the insects of Massachusetts, injurious to vegetation. Published agreeably to an order of the Legislature, by the Commissioners on the Zoological and Botanical Survey of the State. Cambridge, Folsom, Wells, and Thurston, printers to the University, 1841. url p. 242, p. 242.
- A school flora: for the use of elementary botanical classes / by W. Marshall Watts. New York: Longmans, Green, 1910. url p. 116.
- A season among the wildflowers / by the Rev. Henry Wood. London: .W. S. Sonnenschein, 1883. url p. 48.
- A student's text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. With 483 illustrations. London, Macmillan & co., 1896. url .
- A supplement to the Pharmacopia, and treatise on pharmacology in general: including not only the drugs and preparations used by practitioners of medicine, but also most of those employed in the chemical arts: together with a collection of the most useful medical formulæ. . by Samuel Frederic Gray. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1836. url p. 53.
- A supplementary list of Chinese flowering plants, 1904-1910, url , .
- A tour in Sutherlandshire, with extracts from the fieldbooks of a sportsman and naturalist. By Charles St. John... With woodcuts. London: J. Murray, 1849. url p. 307.
- A tour in Sutherlandshire: with extracts from the field-books of a sportsman and naturalist / with an Appendix on the fauna of Sutherland by J.A. Harvie-Brown and T.E. Buckley. Edinburgh, Douglas, 1884. url p. 307.
- A treatise on some of the insects injurious to vegetation / Boston: William White, printer to the state, 1862 url .
- A treatise on some of the insects of New England which are injurious to vegetation / by Thaddeus William Harris. Boston: Printed by White & Potter, 1852. url p. 263.
- A vegetation index of biotic integrity for small-order streams in southwest Montana and a floristic quality assessment for western Montana wetlands / [Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005]. url .
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url , p. 101, p. 131, p. 148, p. 156, p. 163, p. 174, p. 18, p. 23, p. 28, p. 30, p. 31, p. 416, p. 43, p. 437, p. 472, p. 48, p. 514, p. 53, p. 535, p. 539, p. 543, p. 545, p. 56, p. 578, p. 579, p. 580, p. 69, p. 76, p. 80, p. 81.
- Additions to the flora of Connecticut / E.B. Harger. .. [et al.]. Boston?: New England Botanical Club, 1917? url p. 247.
- Alpine flowers for English gardens / by W. Robinson. London: Murray, 1879. url p. 290.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 541, p. 542, p. 543.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 85, p. 86.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 512.
- An introduction to the study of botany, including a treatise on vegetable physiology, and descriptions of the most common plants in the middle and northern states. By J.L. Comstock. .. New York, Pratt, Woodford, Farmer & Brace, 1856 [c1854] url p. 328.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 418.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 586, p. 587.
- Annual catalogue of fruit and ornamental trees and plants cultivated at the Linn©an Botanic Garden and Nurseries / William Prince & Sons, proprietors, Flushing, Long Island, near New-York. [New York: s.n.], 1837 url p. 78.
- Annual report / Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. St. Paul: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1872-1898. url p. 107.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 8 1897 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 133, p. 193.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 174, p. 3, p. 48, p. 5.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 114.
- Annual report of the Regents of the University on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History, with catalogues of the same. Albany, N.Y.: The University, 1848-1873. url p. 48.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 148, p. 176, p. 87.
- Annual report of the State Botanist of the State of New York. Albany: Troy Press, 1889-1897. url , , .
- Annual report of the Trustees of the State Museum of Natural History for the year. .. Albany, N.Y.: The Trustees, 1886-1889. url p. 54, p. 55, p. 57.
- Annual report of the regents of the university of the state of New York on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History and the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 17.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 96.
- Annual wholesale catalogue of American trees, shrubs, plants and seeds: cultivated and for sale at the Linn©an Botanic Garden and Nurseries, near New-York / William Prince & Sons, proprietors. New York: s.n., 1832 url p. 204.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 18, p. 276, p. 73, p. 8, p. 82, p. 94.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 29 - 41 1957 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 13, p. 18.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 223, p. 262.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url , p. 107, p. 12, p. 127, p. 143, p. 200, p. 366, p. 40, p. 438, p. 462.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 14.
- Botany for secondary schools; a guide to the knowledge of the vegetation of the neighborhood, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 414.
- Botany of the United States north of Virginia; comprising descriptions of the flowering and fern-like plants hitherto found in those states, arranged according to the natural system. With a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnean system, a New York, Harper, 1868. url p. 250.
- Botany of the northern and middle states, or, A description of the plants found in the United States, north of Virginia: arranged according to the natural system: with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnaean system. .. / Albany: Printed by Webster and Skinners. .., 1833. url p. 253.
- British entomology; being illustrations and descriptions of the genera of insects found in Great Britain and Ireland: containing coloured figures from nature of the most rare and beautiful species, and in many instances By John Curtis. London, Printed for the author, 1823-40. url p. 22, p. 25.
- British fungi. Phycomycetes and Ustilagineae. By George Massee. London, L. Reeve and Co., 1891. url p. 227.
- British grasses and their employment in agriculture, Cambridge, University press, 1917. url , .
- British moths and their transformations. London: W. Smith, 1843-45. url p. 100.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 298, p. 298, p. 328.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , .
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 616.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 174, p. 24, p. 99.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 215, p. 332.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1901 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 20, p. 21, p. 300.
- Bulletin of the Philosophical Society of Washington. 25 1883 Washington, D.C.: Published by the co-operation of the Smithsonian Institution, [1874- url p. 78.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 7 1880 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 125, p. 262, p. 40.
- By meadow, grove and stream: an introduction to nature study / by Henry Hilton Brown. .. London: Religious Tract Society, [1907?] url , p. 70.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 103, p. 192, p. 47, p. 73.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , , .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 215.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , p. 340, p. 340.
- Catalogue of plants which have been found growing without cultivation in the park and its outlying territories collected, mounted and catalogued for the plant herbarium in the superintendent's office at Niagara Falls, Ontario / by Roderick Cameron. Niagara Falls, Ont.?: s.n., 1896? url .
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 329.
- Class-book of botany being outlines of the structures, physiology, and classification of plants: with a flora of the United States and Canada / by Alphonso Wood. Cincinnati: American Book Co., c1881. url .
- Class-book of botany: being outlines of the structure, physiology and classification of plants: with a flora of the United States and Canada / New York: A. S. Barnes & Burr, 1863, c1860. url .
- Colonsay, one of the Hebrides, its plants: their local names and usses--legends, ruins, and place-names--Gaelic names of birds, fishes, etc.--climate, geological formation, etc. By Murdoch McNeill. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1910. url p. 148.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url p. 107, p. 380, p. 444.
- Companion to the Botanical magazine: being a journal, containing such interesting botanical information as does not come within the prescribed limits of the magazine; with occasional figures /by W.J. Hooker. 1 1835 London: Printed by E. Conchman. .. for the proprietor, S. Curtis, 1835-1836 [i.e., 1835-1837] url p. 172.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url , .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 238.
- Contributions to Canadian biology and fisheries. Toronto [etc.] url p. 46.
- Contributions to Canadian botany / by Jas. M. Macoun. Ottawa: [s. n.], 1894-1906. url p. 7.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 96.
- Contributions to the flora and fauna of Repton and neighbourhood. London, Bemrose, 1881. url p. 35.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.E. Ponsonby, 1898. url .
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 44.
- Craigmillar and its environs; with notices of the topography, natural history, and antiquities of the district. By Tom Speedy. Selkirk, G. Lewis & son, 1892. url p. 149.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 274, p. 340, p. 45, p. 95.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 269, p. 68.
- Don, G. A general history of the dichlamydeous plants: comprising complete descriptions of the different orders...the whole arranged according to the natural system /by George Don. 4 1838 London: J.G. and F. Rivington, 1831-1838. url p. 345.
- English wild flowers: to be found by the wayside, fields, hedgerows, rivers, moorlands, meadows, mountains, and sea-shore / by J.T. Burgess. London: F. Warne, [18--?] url p. 184, p. 73.
- Epping Forest / by Edward North Buxton. London: E. Stanford, 1885. url p. 123.
- European butterflies and moths. .. Based upon Berge's "Schmetterlingsbuch." By W.F. Kirby. .. London, Cassell, Petter, Galpin & Co., 1882. url p. 101.
- Everyday objects; or, Picturesque aspects of natural history. .. London, W.P. Nimmo, 1876. url p. 238, p. 239.
- Exercises in botany for the Pacific states / by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Whitaker & Ray, 1897. url p. 562.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 51.
- Familiar wild flowers figured and described by F. Edward Hulme. .. 1st- ser.. .. London, Cassell and company, limited, [1878- url , .
- Field and woodland plants / by W. S. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, and Co., 1909 url p. 200.
- Field and woodland plants, by W.S. Furneaux. With 8 plates in colour, and numerous illustrations by Patten Wilson, and photographs from nature by the author. London, Longmans, Green, 1911. url p. 200.
- Field, forest, and garden botany, a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States, east of the Mississippi, both wild and cultivated. By Asa Gray. New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor & co., [c1868] url p. 256.
- Flora Orcadensis: containing the flowering plants arranged according to the natural orders / by Magnus Spence; and The mosses, by James Grant. Kirkwall: D. Spence, 1914. url p. 145.
- Flora cestrica: an herborizing companion for the young botanists of Chester County...Pennsylvania. Philadelphia, Lindsay & Blakiston, 1853. url p. 216.
- Flora hibernica: comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland: arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin: W. Curry jun., 1836. url p. 256.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 7.
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, Printed for the Society, 1922. url , p. 356.
- Flora of Cambridgeshire; or, A catalogue of plants found in the county of Cambridge; with references to former catalogues, and the localities of the rarer species. London, J. Van Voorst, 1860. url .
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1938 Chicago, 1937. url p. 988.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , .
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 134, p. 372, p. 429, p. 454, p. 482.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for the identification of the flowering plants and ferns, by George Neville Jones. .. Notre Dame, Ind., The University Press, 1945. url p. 214.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 1083, p. 790.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 762.
- Flora of Lancaster County: being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania / by John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York: The authors, 1913. url p. 241.
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url .
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 259, p. 260.
- Flora of Vermont. List of ferns and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Vermont Botanical Club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Print. Co., 1915. url p. 142, p. 238.
- Flora of Vermont; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Ezra Brainerd, L.R. Jones and W.W. Eggleston, committee for the Vermont botanical club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Association, 1900. url p. 96.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 252.
- Flora of the Bristol coal-field. Edited (for the Bristol Naturalists' Society) by James Walter White. .. Bristol, J. Fawn & Son [etc.]1881- url p. 124.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 238.
- Flora of the Miami Valley, Ohio /c by A.P. Morgan. Dayton, Ohio: Literary Union, 1878. url p. 34.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 101, p. 487, p. 488.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 997.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 522.
- Flora of tropical Africa. London, L. Reeve and co., 1868- url p. 57.
- Flora vectensis: being a systematic description of the phænogamous or flowering plants and ferns indigenous to the Isle of Wight. London, W. Pamplin, 1856. url .
- Florigraphia Britannica; or, Engravings and descriptions of the flowering plants and ferns of Britain. London, Groombridge, 1857. url .
- Florigraphia britannica, or, Engravings and descriptions of the flowering plants and ferns of Britain / by Richard Deakin. London: Groombridge, 1857. url p. 236.
- Florula Bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 75.
- Florula bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 75.
- Flowering plants of the Riviera: a sescriptive account of 1800 of the more interesting species / by H. Stuart Thompson; with an introduction on Riviera vegetation by A. G. Tansley London; New York: Longmans, Green, 1914. url p. 163.
- Flowers of the field. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge[186-?] url p. 438.
- Forestry. London: W. Rider, [1883-1886]. url p. 267.
- Freaks and marvels of plant life; or, Curiosities of vegetation. London, E. & J. B. Young url .
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- General indexes to the thirty-six volumes of English botany: to which is added, an alphabetical index to English fungi: making together, a catalogue of indigenous British plants. London: J. Sowerby, 1814. url p. 3.
- Gray's School and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany" bound in one volume. New York: American Book Company, [between 1895 and 1900]. url p. 305.
- Gray's school and field book of botany, consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume / by Asa Gray... New York: American Book co.,  url p. 256.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 761.
- Handbook of hardy trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants. Based on the French work of Messrs. Decaisne and Naudin entitled 'Manuel de l'amateur des jardins, ' and including the original woodcuts by Riocreux and Leblanc. By W. B. Hemsley. With an introduction by Edward S. Rand, junr. With nearly 300 illustrations. Boston, Estes & Lauriat, 1873. url .
- Handbook of plants and general horticulture. 1890. url p. 175.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalised in the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. London, L. Reeve, 1908. url p. 312.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url , p. 100, p. 239, p. 262, p. 282, p. 98, p. 99.
- Hooker, J. D. & T. Thomson Flora indica: being a systematic account of the plants of British India, together with observations on the structure and affinities of their natural orders and genera /by J.D. Hooker and Thomas Thomson. 1855 London: W. Pamplin, 1855. url p. 272.
- Hooker, W. J. Botanical miscellany. London: J. Murray, 1830-1833. url p. 141.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 235.
- Ice-bound on Kolguev: a chapter in the exploration of Arctic Europe to which is added a record of the natural history of the island / by Aubyn Trevor-Battye; with numerous illustrations by J.T. Nettleship, Charles Whymper and the author. Westminster: A. Constable, 1895. url p. 403.
- Illustrated natural history of British butterflies and moths; the figures drawn by George Willis and engraved by John Kirchner. London, Glaisher, pref. 1869. url p. 31.
- Illustrations of British entomology; or, A synopsis of indigenous insects: containing their generic and specific distinctions. By James Francis Stephens. London:Printed for the author; published by Baldwin and Cradock, 1828-1835. url p. 93.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 32, p. 98.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 162.
- Journal and proceedings of the Hamilton Association. [Hamilton, Ont.]: Printed for the Hamilton Association by the Spector Printing Co., -1899. url p. 71.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 152.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 25 1887 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 109, p. 110, p. 111, p. 111, p. 118, p. 12, p. 13, p. 15, p. 161, p. 163, p. 184, p. 185, p. 205, p. 218, p. 23, p. 25, p. 253, p. 260, p. 265, p. 270, p. 294, p. 311, p. 415, p. 423, p. 53, p. 65, p. 71, p. 81.
- Journal of botany: being a second series of the Botanical miscellany. 1 1834 London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman; Edinburgh: A. & C. Black, 1834-1842. url p. 19.
- Journal of the Royal Agricultural Society of England. London:Royal Agricultural Society of England [etc.], 1840-2002. url p. 127.
- Journal of the Royal Institution of Cornwall. Truro, Eng., Workers of Cornwall Ltd. url p. 250.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 295.
- Larva collecting and breeding: a handbook to the larvae of the British Macro-Lepidoptera and their food plants: both in nature and in confinement, with authorities / by J. Seymour St. John. London: W. Wesley, 1890 url p. 113, p. 54.
- Lectures on plant physiology / by Ludwig Jost; authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 79.
- Lectures on plant physiology / translated by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 79.
- Lectures on plant physiology. Authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 19, p. 79.
- Lessons in botany and vegetable physiology, illus. by. .. Isaac Sprague. To which is added a copious glossary, or dictionary of botanical terms. New York, Ivison, Phinney, Blakeman, 1872 [c1868] url p. 256.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 274.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1856. url .
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by Charles Cardale Babington. London: John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 231.
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1080.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 772.
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url .
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 1124.
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 186.
- Memoirs of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. [Boston: The Academy, url p. 431.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 522.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 274, p. 275.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url , p. 114.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 117, p. 118, p. 144, p. 203.
- Moritzia DC. (Boraginaceae): a genus new to North America / Johnnie L. Gentry, Jr. 36 1972 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1972. url p. 16.
- Narrative of an expedition through the upper Mississippi to Itasca Lake, the actual source of this river embracing an exploratory trip through the St. Croix and Burntwood (or Broule) rivers in 1832, under the direction of Henry R. Schoolcraft. New York: Harper & Brothers, 1834. url .
- Narrative of the expedition of an American squadron to the China Seas and Japan: performed in the years 1852, 1853, and 1854, under the command of Commodore M.C. Perry, United States Navy, by order of the Government of the United States / Compiled from the original notes and journals of Commodore Perry and his officers, at his request, and under his supervision, by Francis L. Hawks. Washington: Beverley Tucker, printer, 1856. url , p. 316.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 88, p. 88.
- Nature's garden: With many color illustrations. Garden City, N. Y., : Garden City Pub. Co., [c1900] url .
- Nature's garden: an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors / text by Neltje Blanchan; with colored plates and many other illustratins potographed directly form nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1900. url p. 405.
- Nature's garden; an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors. With colored plates and many other illus. photographed directly from nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. Text by Neltje Blanchan [pseud.] 1922 Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1922. url p. 405.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 476, p. 553.
- New England farmer, and gardener's journal. Boston: George C. Barrett, 1835-. url p. 383.
- New Zealand moths and butterflies (Macro-lepidoptera) by G. V. Hudson. .. with 13 plates. London: West, Newman & co., 1898. url p. 139, p. 139, p. 3, p. 3.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 12, p. 193, p. 217, p. 356.
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url .
- Oliver, D. Flora of tropical Africa /by Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. 4 1905-1906 London: L. Reeve and co., 1868-1999. url p. 57.
- On the fauna and flora of the west of Scotland. Meeting at Glasgow, September, 1876. Glasgow, Blackie, 1876 url p. 68.
- Our garden flowers; a popular study of their native lands, their life histories, and their structural affiliations, New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1910. url .
- Oxford gardens, based upon Daubeny's Popular guide to the physick garden of Oxford: with notes on the gardens of the colleges and on the University park, by R. T. Günther. Oxford: Parker & son; [etc., etc.], 1912. url p. 259.
- Plant physiology; authorized English translation by R. J. HarveyGibson; supplement incorporating the alterations of the 2d ed. of the German original. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1913. url p. 79.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 305.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url , p. 305.
- Popular field botany; containing a familiar and technical description of the plants most common to the various localities of the British Isles, adapted to the study of either the artificial or natural systems. London, Reeve, Benham & Reeve, 1849. url .
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 179, p. 287.
- Proceedings - Cambridge Philosophical Society. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society [etc.] url p. 233.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 124.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 64, p. 70.
- Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, Mathematical and physical sciences. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society. url p. 93, p. 94.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 22.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 16, p. 221, p. 406, p. 434, p. 539, p. 573, p. 92.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 121, p. 61, p. 72, p. 8, p. 8.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 121, p. 121.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url p. 127, p. 87.
- Proceedings. Halifax url p. 393.
- Report for the year - British Columbia Provincial Museum. [Victoria]; Printed by A. Sutton [etc.], for the Queen. url .
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, Office of the Regents, 1871-1888 url p. 48, p. 54, p. 54, p. 55, p. 57, p. 57.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 186.
- Report of the Missouri State Horticultural Society for the year. .. Jefferson City: The Society, url p. 59.
- Report on the flora of St. Andrews, N.B. / by James Fowler. Ottawa: Printed by S.E. Dawson, 1902 url p. 46.
- Report upon the fauna of Liverpool Bay and the neighboring seas, written by members of the Liverpool Marine Biology Committee, and edited by W.A. Herdman. London, Longmans, Green, 1886-1900. url p. 43.
- Report. Victoria, B.C. url p. 24.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 439, p. 698, p. 699, p. 729.
- Researches about atmospheric phenomena. By Thomas Forster. London: Printed for Harding, Mavor, and Lepard, 1823. url p. 375.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 164, p. 366.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 125, p. 52.
- Sources of the Ohio flora, by A.D. Selby and J.W.T. Duvel. Columbus, 1899 url p. 43, p. 48.
- Sport in Norway, and where to find it. Together with a short account of the vegetable productions of the country. To which is added, a list of the Alpine flora of the Dovre fjeld and of the Norwegian ferns, &c. By M. R. Barnard. .. London, Chapman and Hall, 1864. url p. 297, p. 298.
- Summary narrative of an exploratory expedition to the sources of the Mississippi River, in 1820: resumed and completed, by the discovery of its origin in Itasca Lake, in 1832. By authority of the United States. With appendices, comprising. .. all of the official reports and scientific papers of b By Henry R. Schoolcraft. Philadelphia, Lippincott, Grambo, and co., 1855. url p. 524.
- Synoptical flora of North America: the Gamopetalae, a second edition of vol. I, pt. II, and vol. II, pt. I / collected by Asa Gray. Washington, D. C.: Smithsonian Institution, 1888. url p. 202.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1457, p. 1561.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia and dictionary of rural affairs: embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry / adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 982.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url p. 982.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia; embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, New York, A. O. Moore, 1858. url p. 982.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 98.
- The American journal of science. 11 1826 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 167, p. 64, p. 65, p. 82.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 288, p. 288.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 110, p. 114, p. 167, p. 174, p. 181, p. 225, p. 234, p. 234, p. 234, p. 242, p. 243, p. 89.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 444.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 110, p. 199, p. 214, p. 269, p. 57.
- The Canadian naturalist and quarterly journal of science: with proceedings of the Natural History Society of Montreal. Montreal: Dawson, 1869-1883. url p. 30.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal: Natural History Society, 1884-1916. url p. 20, p. 227.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 158, p. 321.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 253, p. 254, p. 333.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 14.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 170.
- The Eskimo tribes; their distribution and characteristics, especially as regards language, with a comparative vocabulary and sketch-map. Copenhagen1887-91. url p. 186.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 671.
- The Garden flowers of the year. LondonReligious Tract Society[1847?] url p. 103.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 121, p. 338, p. 364.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 538, p. 584, p. 79, p. 836.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 21.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 10, p. 125, p. 132, p. 30.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 186, p. 60.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url , p. 347, p. 390, p. 407, p. 42, p. 437, p. 48, p. 67, p. 67.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url , p. 142.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 11 1871 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 319, p. 381, p. 470, p. 550.
- The Lepidoptera of the British Islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, their preparatory states, habits, and localities / by Charles G. Barrett. London: L. Reeve, 1893-1907. url p. 245.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 400.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 439, p. 698, p. 699, p. 729.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 439, p. 698, p. 699, p. 729.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url .
- The Naturalist. 1898 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 219, p. 233, p. 36, p. 55, p. 98.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 303.
- The New Forest; its history and its scenery. By John R. Wise. With 63 illustrations, drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps. London: Gibbings & co., 1895. url p. 303.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 139, p. 139, p. 156, p. 156, p. 163, p. 163.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 103, p. 189, p. 223, p. 254, p. 262, p. 290, p. 344, p. 347, p. 42, p. 73.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 422, p. 505, p. 788.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 145.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 121, p. 125, p. 143, p. 192, p. 255, p. 27, p. 271, p. 310, p. 80.
- The Victoria history of the county of Suffolk / edited by William Page. Folkestone [Kent]: Dawson for the University of London, Institute of Historical Research, 1907-1975. url p. 65.
- The book of the seasons; or, The calendar of nature. LondonR. Bentley1833 url p. 160.
- The botanical looker-out among the wild flowers of England and Wales, at all seasons, and in the most interesting localities. By Edwin Lees. .. London, Hamilton, Adams & Co., 1851. url p. 189.
- The botany of Iceland, edited by L. Kolderup Rosenvinge and Eug. Warming. Copenhagen, J. Frimodt, 1912- url p. 330, p. 336, p. 343.
- The complete grazier and farmers' and cattlebreeders' assistant. .. originally written by William Youatt. .. considerably enlarged and mainly rewritten in 1893 and 1900 by William Fream. .. London, C. Lockwood and son, 1908. url p. 896.
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 432.
- The country month by month, by J.A. Owen. .. and Professor G.S. Boulger. .. Cover design by J. Lockwood Kipling. London: Bliss, Sands and Foster, 1894. url p. 63.
- The farmer's and planter's encyclopaedia of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, suited to the comprehension of unscientific readers. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. With extensive additions adapting the work to the United States. .. By Gouverneur Emerson. .. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1868. url p. 982.
- The farmer's encyclopædia, and dictionary of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry. Adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers. .. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. Adapted to the United States by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 982.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 180, p. 197, p. 343.
- The flora of Banffshire. Aberdeen: Printed for the University1912 url p. 68.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 351, p. 353.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. 4 1885 London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 174, p. 174.
- The flora of British India. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1875-97. url .
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 122.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 122.
- The flora of Essex County, Massachusetts. Salem, Essex Institute, 1880. url .
- The flora of Harrow: by J. Cosmo Melvill. Harrow, Green and Co.;1876. url p. 69.
- The flora of Montreal Island by Robert Campbell. S.l.: s.n., 1892? url .
- The flora of the Alps being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. London: J.C. Nimmo, 1896. url p. 71.
- The flora of the Alps; being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees, by Alfred W. Bennett. London, J. C. Nimmo, 1896-1900. url p. 129.
- The flower garden; or, Breck's book of flowers; in which are described all the various hardy herbaceous perennials, annuals, shrubby plants, and evergreen trees, desirable for ornamental purposes, with directions for t by Joseph Breck. New York: A. O. Moore, 1859. url p. 200.
- The flower-garden: or, Breck's book of flowers; in which are described all the various hardy herbaceous perennials, annuals, shrubby plants, and evergreen trees, desirable for ornamental purposes, with directions for th by Joseph Breck. Boston: J. P. Jewett & company, 1851. url p. 200.
- The flowering plants, grasses, sedges, & ferns of Great Britain and their allies, the club mosses, horsetails, etc. London, F. Warne, 1905. url .
- The forests and gardens of South India. London, W. H. Allen, 1861. url .
- The genera of diurnal lepidoptera: comprising their generic characters, a notice of their habits and transformations, and a catalogue of the species of each genus / by Edward Doubleday. .. and John O. Westwood. .. illus. with eighty-six plates by William C. Hewitson. London: Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1846-1852. url p. 178.
- The geography of plants. .. London, American Sunday-School Union;[1850?] url p. 31.
- The gypsy moth. Porthetria dispar (Linn.). A report of the work of destroying the insect in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, together with an account of its history and habits both in Massachusetts and Europe. By Edward H. Forbush. .. and Charles H. Fernald. .. Published under the direction of the State Board of Agriculture by authority of the legislature. Boston: Wright & Potter Printing Co., 1896. url p. 321, p. 321.
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 358.
- The history of Harting, by the Rev. H.D. Gordon. With a chapter on the geology of the district, by the late Sir Roderick Impey Murchison, and some notice of its fauna and flora, by J. Weaver. London: Printed for the authors by W. Davy, 1877. url p. 475.
- The history of the borough, castle, and barony of Alnwick, by George Tate. .. Alnwick, H.H. Blair, 1866-69. url .
- The lepidopterist's calendar. Gloucester, H. Marsden, 1875. url p. 209, p. 45, p. 76.
- The life of John Duncan Scotch weaver and botanist: with sketches of his friends and notices of the times / by William Jolly. London: Kegan Paul, Trench and Co., 1883. url p. 515.
- The life of North American insects / by B. Jaeger...assisted by H.C. Preston, ; with numerous illustrations, from specimens in the cabinet of the author. New York: Harper, 1864, c1859. url p. 165.
- The little English flora, or, a botanical and popular account of all our common field flowers. London, Simpkin, Marshall & co., 1842. url p. 43.
- The living flora of West Virginia, by C.F. Millspaugh. The fossil flora of West Virginia, by David White. Charleston?1913 url p. 338.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 131.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The naturalist in Norway: or, Notes on the wild animals, birds, fishes, and plants of that country. .. / by Rev. J. Bowden. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1869. url p. 247.
- The naturalist's diary: a day-book of meteorology, phenology and rural biology. With a chart showing the blossoming of spring flowers in Europe, and an introduction of natural periodic phenomena, etc. 188-. London, Sonnenschein, Le Bas and Lowrey[pref. 1886] url .
- The naturalist's library. Conducted by Sir William Jardine. Edinburgh, W. H. Lizars; [etc., etc.]1833- url p. 221.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 21, p. 248, p. 321, p. 332, p. 373.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 94.
- The story of plant life in the British Isles; types of the common natural orders, by A.R. Horwood. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1914-15. url , , p. 118, p. 120.
- The study of plants; an introduction to botany and plant ecology. OxfordClarendon Press1915 url p. 378.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 158, p. 238.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url .
- The woodlands / by M.C. Cooke. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1880. url p. 76.
- The woodlands. LondonSociety for Promoting Christian Knowledge1880 url p. 76.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 104, p. 173, p. 187, p. 194, p. 224, p. 249, p. 254, p. 308.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url , p. 158.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 241.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 319, p. 91.
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url .
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. 23 1862 London: [The Society], 1791-1875. url p. 335.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 229, p. 249, p. 255, p. 370, p. 44, p. 7.
- Vorlesungen über Pflanzenphysiologie. Jena, G. Fischer, 1904. url p. 97.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 168, p. 235, p. 27.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 168, p. 235.
- Wholesale catalogue of American trees, shrubs, plants, and seeds, cultivated and for sale at the Linn©an Botanic Garden and nurseries, near New-York. William Prince, proprietor. .. New-York, Printed by T. and J. Swords, 1827. url p. 154.
- Wild flowers. London: Pott, Young & Co.,  url p. 88.
- Wang Wen-tsai, Liu Yu-lan, Zhu Ge-ling, Lian Yong-shan, Wang Jing-quan & Wang Qing-rui in Kung Xian-wu & Wang Wen-tsai, eds. 1989. Boraginaceae. Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 64(2): 1-253.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 30, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 15, 2007:
- Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem, Herbarium Willing
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Flora of the Stołowe Mts.
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Joint Nature Conservation Committee - Vegetation surveys of coastal shingle in Great Britain
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Scottish Borders Biological Records Centre - SWT Scottish Borders Local Wildlife Site Survey data 1996-2000 - species information
- University of Washington Burke Museum, Vascular Plant Collection - University of Washington Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2654542
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-31692
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 5341511
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:150407-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 24809
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 31692
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDBOR0P020
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: MYSCA
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 50425
- Gelin Zhu, Harald Riedl & Rudolf V. Kamelin "Boraginaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 16 Page 329. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Myosotis". in Flora of China Vol. 16 Page 360. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 128.110 meters (420.308 feet), Standard Deviation = 171.290 based on 20,000 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]