- The leaves and leaflets fold quickly in response to heat or touch.
- As in many other members of the family , the leaves also undergo a much slower "sleep movement" in response to the setting sun. These movements are effected by changes in fluid pressure in swollen areas at the bases of leaves and leaflets.
Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Bengali:
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Cierra Tus Puertas, Ci, Cirrate Puta, Cogadrogadro, Common Sensitive Plant, Dormideira, Dormidera, Dormilona, Feuilles L'endormi, Herbe Sensible, Honte, Malicia, Maria-Feche-A-Porta, Mori Vivi, Mouri Lev, Mouri Lev, Naupate, Pohe H'avare, Pope Haavare, Puta Vieja, Sansib, Sensitiva, Sensitive, Sensitive Grass, Sensitive Plant, Sensitive-Plant, Shame Bush, Shame Face, Shame Lady, Shame Plant, Shame Weed, Shameplant, Touch-Me-Not, Trompe La Mort, Verg, Vergonzosa, Vergenza, Vivi-Mori, Zarza, Zarza Dormilona
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Mimeuse Commune, Mimeuse Pudique, Sensitive
Common Names in German:
Gemeine Mimose, Sinnpflanze
Common Names in Gujarati:
Common Names in Hindi:
Chuimui, Lajaalu, Lajjavanthi, Lajouni
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Kannada:
Common Names in Malagasy:
Amboafotsikely, Matirosana, Ramire, Ramirena, Roimena, Rotravahiny
Common Names in Marathi:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Russian:
Mimoza Stydlivaja, мимоза стыдливая
Common Names in Sanskrit:
Khadiraka, Lajjalu, Namaskaar, Namaskaari, Raktapaadi, Samangaa, Shamipatra
Common Names in Sinhalese:
Common Names in Spanish:
Dormidera, Sensitiva, Vergonzosa
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Tamil:
Common Names in Telugu:
Mostly trees or shrubs . Leaves mostly bipinnate. Corolla usually not showy, actinomorphic , sympetalous , the lobes valvate . Stamens 10-numerous, often monadelphous , showy. Pollen released in monads , tetrads , or polyads . Seeds with u-shaped line (pleurogram) present. [Carr]
or herbs, mostly armed
; leaves bipinnate; secondary rachides mostly 2-stipellate. Inflorescence globose
spike. Flowers small, sessile 6-3-merous. Calyx usually minute. Petals more or less connate
. Stamens double
the number of petals or equal, free
, often twice as long as the corol¬la; anthers
. Ovary usually sessile, 2 or more ovuled; style fill
form. Fruit oblong
, usually plano-compressed, valves
2, separating from the persistent
. Seeds ovate
A genus with about 600 species, mostly from tropics and subtropics.
Habit: Herb • Climbing: Not Climbing
Flowers: Bloom Period: June. • Flower Color: pink
Size: 12-18" tall.
Culture: Space 15-18" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 6.6 • Maximum pH: 7.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 11. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Bromhead, 1838
- Series: href="http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/title/493 ()
- Order: Fabales () - Bromhead, 1838
- Superorder: Rosanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Mimosa hispidula Kunth
Members of the genus Mimosa
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 41 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
M. aculeaticarpa (Cat's-Claw Mimosa) · M. albida (Zarza) · M. arenosa (Elegant Mimosa) · M. asperata (Black Mimosa) · M. bahamensis (Bahama Mimosa) · M. borealis (Catclaw Mimosa) · M. caesalpiniifolia (Jupinuan) · M. casta (Graceful Mimosa) · M. ceratonia (Black Ambret) · M. diplotricha (Giant False Sensitive Plant) · M. diplotricha var. inermis (Giant Sensitive-Plant) · M. dysocarpa (Velvetpod Mimosa) · M. emoryana (Emory's Mimosa) · M. grahamii (Graham's Mimosa) · M. hystricina (Porcupine Mimosa) · M. invisa (Giant False Sensitive Plant) · M. latidens (Kairn's Sensitive-Briar) · M. laxiflora (Arizona Mimosa) · M. macracantha (Long-Spined Acacia) · M. malacophylla (Soft-Leaf Mimosa) · M. nuttallii (Catclaw Sensitivebriar) · M. pellita (Lollipop Mimosa) · M. pigra (Amourette) · M. pigra var. pigra (Thorny Sensitive-Plant) · M. pudica (Cierra Tus Puertas) · M. pudica var. hispida (Sensitive Plant) · M. pudica var. pudica (Shameplant) · M. pudica var. setosa (Sensitive-Plant) · M. pudica var. tetrandra (Sensitive-Plant) · M. pudica var. unijuga (Shameplant) · M. quadrivalvis (Cats Claw) · M. quadrivalvis var. floridana (Catclaw Sensitivebriar) · M. quadrivalvis var. hystricina (Bristly Sensitive-Brier) · M. rupertiana (Eastern Sensitive Plant) · M. scabrella (Abaracaatinga) · M. schomburgkii (Schomburgk's Mimosa) · M. somnians (Dormideira) · M. strigillosa (Herbaceous Mimosa) · M. tenuiflora (Cabrera) · M. turneri (Desert Mimosa) · M. verrucosa (Jurema Branca)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A bibliographic enumeration of Bornean plants, by E. D. Merrill. Singapore, Printed by Fraser & Neave, ltd., 1921 url p. 294, p. 294.
- A bibliography of the botany of British India and Ceylon. Bombay, Times Press, 1911 url .
- A botany for India, by P. F. Fyson. London, The Christian Literature Society for Indian (Madras Branch)1912. url p. 323.
- A college text-book of Botany, being an enlargement of the author's "Elementary Botany." New York, Holt, 1905. url p. 132.
- A college text-book of botany: being an enlargement of the author's "Elementary botany, " / by George Francis Atkinson. New York: Henry Holt and Company1905. url p. 132.
- A college text-book of botany; being an enlargement of the author's "Elementary botany." New York: Holt, 1908 [c1905] url p. 132.
- A contribution to the botany of the Isle of Pines, Cuba, based upon the specimens of plants from that island contained in the herbarium of the Carnegie Museum under date of October, 1916. By O.E. Jennings. n.p., 1917 url p. 122, p. 125.
- A contribution to the flora of Honduras, by T. G. Yuncker. 17 1938 Chicago, 1938. url p. 369.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 426.
- A dictionary of the plant names of the Philippine Islands / by Elmer D. Merrill. Manila: Bureau of Public Print., 1903. url p. 167, p. 56, p. 67, p. 76, p. 8.
- A forest flora of Chota Nagpur including Gangpur and the Santal-Parganahs / by H.H. Haines. -- Dehra Dun: Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh; 1910. url p. 286.
- A glossary of botanic terms with their derivation and accent. By Benjamin Daydon Jackson. .. London, Duckworth; url p. 343, p. 347, p. 465.
- A glossary of botanic terms, with their derivation and accent. London, Duckworth & Co.;1905. url , , , , p. 163, p. 216, p. 238, p. 273.
- A handbook of systematic botany; with a revision of the fungi, by E. Knoblauch; tr. and ed. by M.C. Potter. London, Swan url p. 473.
- A laboratory notebook of elementary botany, by Edward Hindle. .. and H. Munro Fox. .. Cairo, Govt. press, 1922. url p. 107, p. 112, p. 114.
- A little book of annuals, New York, The A. T. De La Mare company, inc., 1922. url p. 64.
- A manual of Indian botany. London, Blackie & Son Ltd., 1920. url , .
- A manual of Indian timbers; an account of the growth, distribution, and uses of the trees and shrubs of India and Ceylon with descriptions of their wood-structure, by J. S. Gamble... London: S. Low, Marston & co. ltd., 1902. url p. 290.
- A manual of botany for Indian forest students, by R. S. Hole. Calcutta, Superintendent Government Printing, India, 1909. url p. 106, p. 108, p. 68.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas, John I. Northrop, October 12, 1861-June 25, 1891; a memorial volume / edited with a biographical introd. New YorkColumbia University Press1910 url p. 154.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: John I. Northrop, October 12 1861 - June 25, 1891; a memorial volume, ed., with a biographical introduction by Henry Fairfield Osborn. New York, The Columbia university press[c1910] url p. 154, p. 198.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: New York, Columbia University Press[c1910] url .
- A practical guide to coco-nut planting. By R.W. Monro and L.C. Brown... London: J. Bale, sons & Danielsson, ltd., 1916. url , p. 69.
- A review of the identifications of the species described in Blanco's Flora de Filipinas, Manila, Bureau of public printing, 1905. url p. 42.
- A text book of physiology for students and practitioners of medicine, Philadelphia and London, W. B. Saunders company, 1920 url p. 37, p. 730.
- A text-book of botany, by Dr. Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck, Ludwig Jost [and] Dr. George Karsten. LondonMacmillan1912 url p. 323, p. 617, p. 763.
- A text-book of botany, by Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. Fritz Noll. .. [and] Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1908. url p. 293, p. 295, p. 600.
- A text-book of physiology for students and practitioners of medicine. Philadelphia, Saunders, 1921. url p. 37, p. 730.
- A text-book of plant physiology, by George James Peirce. .. New York: H. Holt and company, 1903. url p. 248, p. 249.
- A text-book of plant physiology. New York, H. Holt[c1903] url , .
- A textbook of botany for colleges and universities. .. Cincinnati [etc]American book company[1910-11] url .
- A textbook of plant physiology / by N. A. Maximov. Translated from the Russian; edited by A. E. Murneek and R. B. Harvey. New York, [etc]: McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., 1930. url p. 338.
- A university text-book of botany. New York, Macmillan, 1910. url p. 486, p. 489, p. 567.
- Aeration and air-content; the role of oxygen in root activity, by Frederic E. Clements. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1921. url p. 80, p. 91, p. 92.
- Agricultural news. Bridgetown, Barbados, Bowen & sons;1902-22. url p. 28, p. 425, p. 427, p. 427, p. 432, p. 441.
- An annotated catalogue of types of the University of Illinois mycological collections (ILL) / Urbana: University of Illinois Press, c1997. url p. 309.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 251.
- An enumeration of the vascular plants known from Surinam: together with their distribution and synonymy / by A. Pulle. Leiden: E. J. Brill, 1906. url p. 205, p. 506, p. 536.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 1111.
- An illustrated encyclopaedia of gardening, by Walter P. Wright London, J. M. Dent & sons, ltd.; url p. 234, p. 285.
- An introduction to the chemistry of plant products by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green, 1928-1929. url p. 268.
- An introduction to the structure and reproduction of plants, London, G. Bell and sons ltd., 1920. url , , .
- An introduction to vegetable physiology London, J. & A. Churchill, 1911. url , .
- An introduction to zoology, New York, The Macmillan company, 1910 url p. 18, p. 411.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 122, p. 125, p. 493.
- Annals of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Peradeniya. Colombo: Skien; 1901-1924. url p. 376.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 360.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 360, p. 360.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 47 - 51 1980 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 5.
- Beeton's Dictionary of everyday gardening. .. to which is added a monthly calendar of garden work throughout the year. London, Ward, Lock, 1909. url p. 318.
- Bengal plants: a list of the phanerogams, ferns and fern-allies indigenous to, or commonly cultivated in, the Lower provinces and Chittagong, with definitions of the natural orders and genera, and keys to the genera and species. 1 1903 Calcutta: Botanical Survey of India1903. url p. 456.
- Bibliographical contributions from the Lloyd library, Cincinnati, Ohio. Cincinnati, Ohio, Lloyd Library. url p. 254, p. 255, p. 433.
- Bibliography of botany / compiled by the Lloyd Library. Cincinnati: Printed privately by the Lloyd Library, 1918- url .
- Biological effects of radiation; mechanism and measurement of radiation, applications in biology, photochemical reactions, effects of radiant energy on organisms and organic products. Edited by Benjamin M. Duggar. With the cooperation of Janet Howell Clark, Kenneth S. Cole, Farrington Daniels [and others] New York andMcGraw-Hill Book Co., 1936. url p. 659.
- Biology and human life, by Benjamin C. Gruenberg. .. Boston, Ginn and Company[c1925] url p. 20.
- Biology, general and medical, London, W. b. Saunders company, 1916 url p. 56.
- Biology, general and medical, by Joseph McFarland. .. with 160 illustrations. London, W. B. Saunders company, 1913. url p. 56.
- Biology, general and medical. Philadelphia, Saunders, 1920. url p. 56.
- Biology: general and medical. Philadelphia: W. B. Saunders, c1920, t.p. 1921. url p. 56.
- Biology; the story of living things [by] George William Hunter...Herbert Eugene Walter...[and] George William Hunter, III... New York, American book company[c1937] url p. 373, p. 374.
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 29 1983 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 261.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 235, p. 315.
- Botany for high schhools / by George Francis Atkinson. New York: H. Holt, 1912. url p. 536, p. 87.
- Botany for high schools, by George Francis Atkinson. New York: H. Holt and Company, 1910. url p. 487, p. 80.
- Botany of the Bermudas / by H.B. Small. Hamilton, Bermuda: S. Nelmes, 1913. url p. 85.
- Botany of the Bermudas, Hamilton, BermudaS. Nelmes, 1913. url .
- Botany of the living plant, London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1919. url , , .
- Botany of the living plant, by F. O. Bower. London, Macmillan and Co., limited, 1919. url p. 129, p. 129, p. 130, p. 130, p. 566, p. 566.
- Botany of the living plant, by F.O. Bower. In the third edition he was assisted by J.M.F. Drummond, and George Bond, in this fourth edition by C.W. Wardlaw. London, Macmillan and Co., ltd., 1947. url p. 162, p. 163, p. 684.
- Botany of the living plant. London, Macmillan, 1919. url p. 129, p. 130, p. 566.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url , p. 163.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 151.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 11 1922 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 129, p. 214, p. 369, p. 40, p. 422, p. 5, p. 89, p. 9, p. 97.
- Bulletin / Chicago Natural History Museum. [Chicago, Ill.]: The Museum, [1944-1966] url p. 8.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 119.
- Bulletin Harrisburg, Pa.: The Department: 1901-1923. url , .
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1920 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 1, p. 4.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 314, p. 425.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 10 1919-1921 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 129, p. 200, p. 381, p. 391, p. 9, p. 98, p. 99.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 80, p. 91, p. 92.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url p. 2116.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 146, p. 148, p. 149, p. 159, p. 219, p. 226, p. 282, p. 294, p. 313, p. 402, p. 428, p. 478, p. 479, p. 580, p. 611, p. 670, p. 693, p. 745, p. 775, p. 798, p. 944, p. 951, p. 960.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 146, p. 148, p. 149, p. 159, p. 219, p. 226, p. 282, p. 294, p. 313, p. 402, p. 428, p. 479, p. 580, p. 611, p. 670, p. 693, p. 745, p. 775, p. 951, p. 960.
- Catalogue of the books, manuscripts, maps and drawings in the British Museum (Natural History) London: BM(NH), 1903-1940. url p. 152, p. 562, p. 562.
- Catalogue of the library of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University / compiled under the direction of Charles Sprague Sargent by Ethelyn Maria Tucker. Cambridge: Printed at the Cosmos Press, 1914-1933. url p. 126, p. 261, p. 79.
- Catalogue of the plants collected by Mr. & Mrs. P.A. Talbot in the Oban district, South Nigeria / by A.B. Rendle. .. [et al.]. London: Printed by order of the Trustees of the British Museum, 1913. url p. 127.
- Chamber's encyclopaedia, a dictionary of universal knowledge. London, Chambers, 1902. url p. 316.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 152, p. 153, p. 167, p. 196, p. 24, p. 252, p. 370, p. 412, p. 432, p. 533, p. 75.
- Coco-nuts: the consols of the East / by H. Hamel Smith and F.A.G. Pape; with many illustrations and some original sketches by F.A.G. Pape; with forewords. .. by W.H. Lever London: Tropical Life, [pref. 1914] url p. 469, p. 630.
- Colchicine in agriculture, medicine, biology, and chemistry [by] O. J. Eigsti [and] Pierre Dustin, Jr. Ames, Iowa State College Press url p. 340.
- College zoology, New York, The Macmillan company, 1912 url p. 21.
- College zoology, by Robert W. Hegner. New York, The Macmillan company, 1912. url p. 21.
- College zoology. New YorkMacmillan1918 url p. 21.
- Comparative electro-physiology, London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1907 url p. 452.
- Comparative electro-physiology, a physico-physiological study. London, Longmans, 1907. url p. 452.
- Contributions from the Osborn Botanical Laboratory. [New Haven?]Osborn Botanical Laboratory, Yale University, url p. 403.
- Contributions to geology and plant physiology. Baltimore, The Johns Hopkins Press, 1917. url p. 179.
- Contributions to plant physiology. Baltimore, 1917 url .
- Contributions to the flora of Siam [Aberdeen]Printed for the University1912- url p. 77.
- Contributions to the flora of Siam. .. / by William Grant Craib. .. [Aberdeen]: Printed for the University of Aberdeen, 1912- url p. 77.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1017, p. 780.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 51.
- Department of the Interior, Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila: Bureau of Public Print., 1902-1906. url p. 60.
- Descriptive and illustrated catalogue of the physiological series of comparative anatomy contained in the Museum of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. London, Taylor [and] Francis (pr.)1900-1902. url p. 88.
- Design in nature illustrated by spiral and other arrangements in the inorganic and organic kingdoms as exemplified in matter, force, life, growth, rhythms, &c., especially in crystals, plants, and ani London, Longman, Green, and co., 1908. url , .
- Dictionary of ecology. New York, Philosophical Library url p. 233.
- Elementary biology, an introduction to the science of life. Boston, Ginn url p. 361.
- Elementary biology; an introduction to the science of life, by Benjamin C. Gruenberg... BostonGinn and company[c1924] url p. 361.
- Elementary botany. New York, Holt, 1908. url p. 89.
- Elementary botany. New York: H. Holt, [c1905] url .
- Elementary plant physiology. New York, Longmans, 1906. url p. 118.
- Elements of biology; a practical text-book correlating botany, zoology, and human physiology, by George William Hunter. New York, American book company[c1907] url p. 128.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 23, p. 27.
- Essentials of college botany / by Charles E. Bessey and Ernest A. Bessey. New York: Henry Holt and Company, c1914. url p. 122.
- Essentials of college botany, by Charles E. Bessey. .. and Ernst A. Bessey. .. 8th ed. of The essentials of botany entirely rewritten; with 260 diagrammatic illustrations. New York, H. Holt, [c1914] url p. 120, p. 122.
- Experimental morphology. New York, MacMillan, 1908. url p. 232.
- Experimental morphology; by Charles Benedict Davenport. .. New York, The Macmillan Company;1908. url p. 232.
- First book of Indian botany. London, Macmillan, 1907. url p. 197.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 16, p. 164, p. 185, p. 25, p. 620, p. 9.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 61, p. 62.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 170.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 504.
- Flora of Guatemala: families Leguminosae, Geraniaceae, Oxalidaceae, Tropaeolaceae, Linaceae, Erythroxylaceae, Zygophyllaceae, Rutaceae, Simaroubaceae, Burseraceae, Meliaceae, and Malpighiaceae / by Paul C. Standley and Julian A. Steyermark. 24 1946 Chicago, Ill.: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1946. url p. 59, p. 60.
- Flora of Jamaica, containing descriptions of the flowering plants known from the island, by William Fawcett and Alfred Barton Rendle. London.Printed by order of the Trustees of the British Museum, 1910- url p. 132, p. 133.
- Flora of Koh Chang: contributions to the knowledge of the vegetation in the Gulf of Siam / Copenhagen: B. Luno, 1900-1916. url .
- Flora of Kwangtung and Hongkong (China) being an account of the floweriing plants, ferns and fern allies together with keys for their determination preceded by a map and introduction, London, H. M. Stationery off., printed by Darling and son, ltd., 1912. url .
- Flora of Peru / by J. Francis Macbride. 13 1943 Chicago, [Ill.]: Field Museum of Natural History,  url p. 93.
- Flora of Yucatan, by Paul C. Standley. 3 1930 Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 279.
- Flora of the Aguan valley and the coastal regions near La Ceiba, Honduras, by T. G. Yuncker. 9 1940 [Chicago]1940. url p. 297.
- Flora of the Lancetilla Valley, Honduras, by Paul C. Standley. 10 1931 Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1931. url p. 214, p. 36.
- Flora of the Presidency of Madras / by J.S. Gamble. London: West, Newman and Adlard, 1915- url p. 421.
- Flora of the island of St. Croix. By Charles Frederick Millspaugh. 1 1902 Chicago, 1902. url p. 462, p. 492.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 581, p. 581.
- Florida wild flowers; an introduction to the flora of the Florida peninsula, by Mary Francis Baker, photographs by the author. New York, The Macmillan company, 1926. url p. 249, p. 98.
- Fritz Bahr's commercial floriculture; a practical manual for the retail grower, New York, The A. T. De la Mare company, inc.[c1922] url .
- Fundamentals of botany / by C. Stuart Gager. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., c1916. url p. 122.
- Fundamentals of botany, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., 1916. url .
- Fundamentals of botany, by C. Stuart Gager. With 435 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston, 1916. url p. 122.
- Fundamentals of botany. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 122.
- Gardening indoors and under glass; New York, McBride, Nast & company, 1912. url p. 88.
- Glimpses into the life of Indian plants: an elementary Indian botany / by I. Pfleiderer. Mangalore: Basel Mission Book and Tract Depository, 1916. url p. 43.
- Gray's school and field book of botany. Consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume. New York, American book company, 1901?, c1887 url p. 139, p. 152.
- Green manures and manuring in the tropics, including an account of the economic value of leguminosæ as sources of foodstuffs, vegetable oils, drugs, &c. By P. de Sornay. .. tr. by F.W. Flattely. .. from the well-known work, "Les plantes tropicales alimentaires et industrielles de la famille des légumineuses." London, J. Bale, Sons & Danielsson, Ltd., 1916. url , , , , , .
- Growth and tropic movements of plants, by Sir Jagadis Chunder Bose. .. with 229 illustrations. London, Longmans, Green and co., 1929. url , , p. 101, p. 157, p. 171, p. 236, p. 242, p. 253, p. 442, p. 443, p. 62, p. 64.
- Growth hormones in plants. Authorized English translation of Die wuchsstofftheorie und ihre bedeutung für die analyse des wachstums und der wachstumsbewegungen der pflanzen. By P. Boysen Jensen. .. Translated and revised by George S. Avery, Jr., and Paul R. Burkholder, with the collaboration of Harriet B. Creighton and Beatrice A. Scheer. .. Expanded to include 188 new c New York, McGraw-Hill Book Company, inc., 1936. url p. 221, p. 222, p. 224, p. 231, p. 235, p. 241, p. 243.
- Growth of plants; twenty years' research at Boyce Thompson Institute. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp., 1948. url p. 151, p. 154, p. 455.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalised in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London, L. Reeve & Co., ltd., 1918. url p. 100.
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 177, p. 538.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 255, p. 274, p. 409, p. 73.
- History of botany (1530-1860) Authorised translation by Henry E.F. Garnsey. Rev. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 536.
- House plants and how to grow them, by Parker T. Barnes. New York, Doubleday, Page, 1909. url p. 133, p. 133.
- How plants are trained to work for man / by Luther Burbank; prefatory note by David Starr Jordan. New York: Collier, c1921- url p. 99, p. 99.
- How to make a country place; an account of the successes and the mistakes of an amateur in thirty-five years of farming, building and development: together with a practical plan for securing a home and an independent income, star New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1914. url p. 372.
- Human physiology / by Luigi Luciani; translated by Frances A. Welby; with a preface by J. N. Langley London: Macmillan and co., 1911-1921 url p. 53, p. 567.
- Human physiology; tr. by Frances A. Welby, ed. by M. Camis [and others], with a preface by J.N. Langley. London, MacMillan, 1911-1921. url p. 567.
- IUCN Directory of Protected Areas in Oceania IUCN url p. 35, p. 442.
- Icones plantarum formosanarum nec non et contributiones ad floram formosanam: or, Icones of the plants of Formosa, and materials for a flora of the island, based on a study of the collections of the Botanical survey of the Government of Formosa / By B. Hayata. .. Taihoku: Bureau of Productive Industry, Government of Formosa, 1911-1921. url p. 212.
- Immunity in infective diseases, by Élie Metchnikoff. Translated from the French by Francis G. Binnie. Cambridge: University Press, 1907. url p. 38.
- Index of plants. 1912. Singapore, Printed at the Methodist Publishing House, 1912. url .
- Indian trees: an account of trees, shrubs, woody climbers, bamboos, and palms indigenous or commonly cultivated in the British Indian empire / London: A. Constable, 1906. url p. 708.
- International Congress of Arts and Science. London: University Alliance,  url p. 112.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 186, p. 21, p. 217, p. 419, p. 424, p. 424, p. 521.
- Introduction to botany / by William Chase Stevens. Boston: D.C. Heath & Co., 1902. url p. 100, p. 100, p. 124, p. 126, p. 432, p. 432.
- Introduction to botany, Boston, D. C. Heath & Co., 1902. url , , .
- Introduction to the chemistry of plant products, by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green and co., 1913. url p. 192.
- Introduction to the systematy of Indian trees. LondonOxford University Press1921 url p. 26.
- Johnson's Gardeners' dictionary and cultural instructor. London, A. T. De La Mare printing and publishing co., ltd. url p. 558.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 12 1901 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 261, p. 654.
- Journal of applied microscopy and laboratory methods. Rochester, N.Y.: Publication Dept., Bausch & Lomb Optical Co., [1901-1903] url p. 2516.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 17 1997 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 205, p. 263, p. 278, p. 69.
- Journal of the International Garden Club. New York, International garden club. url p. 312.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 12 1911 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 227, p. 229, p. 246, p. 247, p. 286, p. 295, p. 300, p. 326, p. 76.
- Lectures on biology, by Dr. Curt Thesing, tr. from the 2d ed. by W. R. Boelter with the original coloured and other illustrations. London, J. Bale, sons & Danielsson, ltd., 1911. url p. 330, p. 65.
- Lectures on plant physiology / by Ludwig Jost; authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 504.
- Lectures on plant physiology / translated by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 504.
- Lectures on plant physiology. Authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 504.
- Lectures on the evolution of plants, London, The Macmillan company, 1910 url .
- Lessons with plants. Suggestions for seeing and interpreting some of the common forms of vegetation. New York: Macmillan, 1914[c1907] url , .
- Liberia / by Sir Harry Johnson; with an appendix on the flora of Liberia by Dr. Otto Stapf. London: Hutchinson, 1906. url p. 601, p. 601.
- Liberia, by Sir Harry Johnston. With an appendix on the flora of Liberia, by Dr. Otto Stapf; 28 coloured illustrations by Sir Harry Johnston, 24 botanical drawings by Miss Matilda Smith, 402 black and white il London, Hutchinson, 1906. url p. 601.
- Life, outlines of general bioloy / by Sir J. Arthur Thomson, and Patrick Geddes. London: Harper, [19--?] url p. 326.
- Life-histories of Indian insects: Microlepidoptera / by T. Bainbrigge Fletcher. Calcutta: Published for the Imperial Dept. of Agriculture in India by Thacker, Spink, . url p. 13.
- Life; a book for elementary students, by Sir Arthur E. Shipley. Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1923. url p. 120, p. 199.
- Light and the behavior of organisms, by S.O. Mast. .. New York, J. Wiley & Sons; [etc., etc.]1911. url p. 286.
- List of trees, shrubs, and principal climbers, etc., recorded from Burma: with vernacular names / by J.H. Lace. Rangoon, Burma: Supt., Govt. Print., 1922. url p. 331, p. 65.
- Madagascar: an environmental profile IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 350, p. 360, p. 361, p. 370.
- Makers of British botany; a collection of biographies by living botanists, ed. by F. W. Oliver. Cambridge, University press, 1913. url p. 14, p. 96.
- Manual of experimental botany. New York, American Bd. Co. url p. 175.
- Manual of plant diseases, Wilkes-Barré, Pa., The Record press, c1914-22 url p. 499, p. 899.
- Manual of plant diseases, by Paul Sorauer. Wilkes-Barré, Pa.The Record Press, c1914-22 url p. 281, p. 499, p. 523, p. 899.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 657.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 176, p. 603.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 51.
- Minor products of Philippine forests, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1920-1921. url , , , , , , , , .
- Natural history of Hawaii, being an account of the Hawaiian people, the geology and geography of the islands, and the native and introduced plants and animals of the group, Honolulu, Hawaii[Printed for the author by] the Hawaiian gazette co., ltd., 1915. url p. 287, p. 519.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 711, p. 711.
- Nature study and life / by Clifton F. Hodge. Boston; Ginn & Company, c1902. url p. 97.
- Nature study and life, Boston and London, Ginn & Co., 1902. url , .
- Nature study and life, by Clifton F. Hodge. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1902. url p. 97.
- Nature study and life. Boston: Ginn,  url p. 97.
- Nature's garden: With many color illustrations. Garden City, N. Y., : Garden City Pub. Co., [c1900] url .
- Nature's garden: an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors... / text by Neltje Blanchan. New York: Grosset & Dunlap, c1900. url p. 307.
- Nature's garden; an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors. With colored plates and many other illus. photographed directly from nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. Text by Neltje Blanchan [pseud.] 1922 Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1922. url p. 307.
- North American trees: being descriptions and illustrations of the trees growing independently of cultivation in North America, north of Mexico and the West Indies / New York: H. Holt and Co., 1908. url .
- North American trees; being descriptions and illustrations of the trees growing independently of cultivation in North America, north of Mexico and the West Indies; with the assistance of John Adolph Shafer. New YorkHolt1908 url p. 513.
- Novon a journal of botanical nomenclature from the Missouri Botanical Garden. 16 2006 St. Louis, MO: Missouri Botanical Garden, url p. 74.
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 488, p. 619.
- Old-fashioned gardening; a history and a reconstruction, New York, McBride, Nast & company, 1913. url .
- Outlines of botany for the high school laboratory and classroom (based on Gray's Lessons in botany) by Robert Greenleaf Leavitt. .. prepared at the request of the Botanical Department of Harvard University. New York, American Book Co. url p. 68, p. 76.
- Oxford gardens, based upon Daubeny's Popular guide to the physick garden of Oxford: with notes on the gardens of the colleges and on the University park, by R. T. Günther. Oxford: Parker & son; [etc., etc.], 1912. url p. 130, p. 66.
- Palladin's Plant physiology. Authorized ed. in English, based on the German translation of the 6th Russian ed. and on the 7th Russian ed. (1914) of the Text-book of plant physiology. By Vladimir I. Palladin. With additions and Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son, [c1926] url , p. 318, p. 319, p. 323.
- Pamphlets on forestry in Pennsylvania. [1900?- url p. 176.
- Pennsylvania trees / by J.S. Illick. Harrisburg., Pa.: W. S. Ray, State Printer, 1915. url p. 176.
- Pennsylvania trees. Harrisburg, Pa.W.S. Ray, State Printer1914 url p. 176.
- Pflanzenphysiologie; Versuche und Beobachtungen an böheren und niederen Pflanzen einschliesslich Bakteriologie und Hydrobiologie mit Planktonkunde, von R. Kolkwitz. Zwiete, umgearbeitete Auflage. .. Jena, G. Fischer, 1922. url p. 297, p. 85.
- Physical chemistry of vital phenomena, for students and investigators in the biological and medical sciences, Princeton, Princeton University Press, 1917. url .
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 14, p. 566, p. 567, p. 568, p. 569, p. 574, p. 586, p. 588, p. 589, p. 590, p. 632, p. 633, p. 634, p. 637, p. 642, p. 643, p. 644, p. 646, p. 72, p. 750, p. 751.
- Phytohormones, by F.W. Went. .. and Kenneth V. Thimann. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1937. url p. 260, p. 276.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 160.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 128, p. 235, p. 28, p. 382, p. 383, p. 430, p. 45, p. 499, p. 69.
- Plant Form OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS url p. 332, p. 46.
- Plant culture; a working handbook of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, New York, A. T. De La Mare Co., Inc.[c1921] url , .
- Plant growth-substances; their chemistry and applications, with special reference to synthetics, by Hugh Nicol. Brooklyn, N Y., Chemical publishing company, inc., 1941. url .
- Plant life and plant uses; an elementary textbook, a foundation for the study of agriculture, domestic science or college botany. New York, American Book Co.[c1913] url , , , .
- Plant morphogenesis. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1960. url p. 470.
- Plant names, by T. S. Lindsay. London, Macmillan, 1923. url p. 54.
- Plant physiology and ecology. New YorkHolt1907 url p. 142.
- Plant physiology, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1918] url , , .
- Plant physiology, by Vladimir I. Palladin. Authorized English ed. based on the German translation of the 6th Russian ed. and on the 7th Russian ed. (1914) Edited by Burton Edward Livingston. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston[c1923] url , p. 316, p. 316, p. 317, p. 317, p. 321.
- Plant physiology, with special reference to plant production. New York, MacMillan, 1920. url p. 494.
- Plant physiology. Edited by R. B. Harvey and A. E. Murneck. 2d English ed., translated and rev. from the 5th Russian ed. Translated from the Russian ed. Translated from the Russian by Irene V. Krassovsky. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1938. url p. 435.
- Plant physiology; a textbook for colleges and universities, by Bernard S. Meyer. .. and Donald B. Anderson. .. New York, D. Van Nostrand Company, inc., 1939. url p. 654, p. 667, p. 670, p. 671.
- Plant physiology; authorized English translation by R. J. HarveyGibson; supplement incorporating the alterations of the 2d ed. of the German original. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1913. url p. 504, p. 513.
- Plant relations: a first book of botany / by John M. Coulter. New York: D. Appleton and Company, 1910. url p. 309.
- Plant response as a means of physiological investigation, by Jagadis Chunder Bose. London, Longmans, Green and Co., 1906. url p. 14, p. 14, p. 20, p. 20, p. 271, p. 271.
- Plant structures; a second book of botany. New York, Appleton, 1906. url .
- Plant-geography upon a physiological basis. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1903. url p. 221, p. 42.
- Plantae Utowanae. Plants collected in Bermuda, Porto Rico, St. Thomas, Culebras, Santo Domingo, Jamaica, Cuba, The Caymans, Cozumel, Yucatan and the Alacran shoals. Dec. 1898-Mar. 1899. The Antillean cruise of the yach 2 1900 Chicago, 1900. url p. 45.
- Plants and X rays, by L.B. Breslavets. Translation by Alena Elbl. Edited by Arnold H. Sparrow. Washington, American Institute of Biological Sciences[c1960] url p. 120.
- Plants for California landscapes: a catalog of drought tolerant plants. [Sacramento, Calif.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Water Resources,  url p. 97.
- Plants: a text-book of botany / by John M. Coulter. New York: D. Appleton and Company, 1907. url p. 309.
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 21, p. 21, p. 292, p. 292, p. 297, p. 297.
- Practical botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen and Otis W. Caldwell. Boston: Ginn, c1911. url p. 474.
- Practical botany by Joseph Bergen and Otis W. Caldwell. Boston: Ginn, c1911. url p. 474.
- Practical botany, Boston, Ginn and company[c1911] url .
- Practical physiology of plants, Cambridge, University press, 1901 url p. 205.
- Practical physiology of plants, by Francis Darwin. .. and the late E. Hamilton Acton. Cambridge, University press, 1901. url p. 205.
- Practical text-book of plant physiology. New York, Longmans, 1908. url p. 113, p. 12, p. 142, p. 346.
- Principles of botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen and Bradley M. Davis. Boston: Ginn, 1906. url p. 99.
- Principles of botany, by Joseph Y. Bergen. .. and Bradley M. Davis. ... Boston, Ginn & company[c1906] url p. 99.
- Principles of general physiology. London, Longmans, 1915. url p. 529.
- Principles of plant physiology, by Oran Raber. New York, The Macmillan Co., 1938. url p. 351, p. 356.
- Principles of stratigraphy / by Amadeus W. Grabau. New York: A.G. Seiler and company, 1913. url p. 28.
- Problems in botany, by W. L. Eikenberry. Boston, Ginn and Co.[c1919] url p. 81.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 101.
- Protoplasm, by William Seifriz. .. New York, McGraw-Hill Book Company, inc., 1936. url p. 197, p. 32, p. 575.
- Protoplasmic action and nervous action, by Ralph S. Lillie. Chicago, Ill., University of Chicago Press[c1923] url p. 372.
- Publications: studies from the Dept. of Anatomy. New York url p. 128.
- Radiation biology, edited by Alexander Hollaender with the cooperation of Austin M. Brues [and others]. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1954-56. url p. 576.
- Rendle, A. B., E. G. Baker, S. le M. Moore & H. F. Wernham Catalogue of the plants collected by Mr. & Mrs. P.A. Talbotin the Oban district, South Nigeria, by A. B. Rendle, E.G. Baker, and H.F. Wernham, S. Moore, and others. With seventeen plates. 1913 London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1913. url p. 127.
- Report of the proceedings of the. .. Entomological meeting Calcutta;Superintendent government printing, India, 1917-24. url p. 838.
- Report on the agricultural resources and capabilities of Hawaii. Washington, Govt. Print. off., 1901. url p. 46.
- Reports of the Princeton University Expeditions to Patagonia, 1896-1899. J. B. Hatcher in charge. Edited by William B. Scott. Princeton, The University, 1901-32 [v. 1, 1903] url p. 488, p. 488.
- Researches on Fungi. .. by A. H. Reginald Buller. .. London, New York [etc.]Longmans, Green and co., 1909- url p. 131, p. 131, p. 398, p. 87.
- Researches on irritability of plants, by Jagadis Chunder Bose. .. Bombay, Longmans, Green, and co., 1913. url , , p. 120, p. 185, p. 215, p. 225, p. 3, p. 350.
- Science progress in the twentieth century: a quarterly journal of scientific work & thought. London: John Murray, 1906-1916. url p. 512.
- Scientific side-lights, illustrating thousands of topics by selections from standard works of the masters of science throughout the world. .. comp. by James C. Fernald. and London, Funk & Wagnalls company, 1903  url p. 413.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 11.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 581.
- Smithsonian scientific series. New York: Smithsonian Institution Series, Inc., -32. url p. 72.
- Smithsonian year: annual report of the Smithsonian Institution for the year ended Sept. 30. .. 1989 City of Washington: For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1980-2001. url p. 95.
- Some recent researches in plant physiology. By W. R. G. Atkins. London, Whittaker & co., 1916. url p. 95.
- Some south Indian insects and other animals of importance considered especially from an economic point of view / by T. Bainbrigge Fletcher. Madras, Printed by the superintendent, government press, 1914. url p. 268.
- South African botany, London, Longmans, Green, 1922. url .
- Spolia zeylanica. S.l.: s.n. url , p. 147.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 285, p. 375, p. 467.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 359, p. 360, p. 664, p. 667, p. 795.
- Structural botany, or, Organography on the basis of morphology. To which is added the principles of taxonomy and phytography, and a glossary of botanical terms. By Asa Gray. New York: American Book Compnay,  url p. 104.
- Studies in electro-physiology (animal and vegetable) by Arthur E. Baines. .. with 31 original drawings in colour, illustrating the electrical structure of fruits and vegetables, by Gladys T. Baines, and numerous other illustrations. London, Dutton, 1918. url p. 143, p. 287.
- System of ophthalmology. St. Louis, Mosby, 1958- url p. 511, p. 815.
- Text-book of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 182.
- Textbook of botany [by] F.N. Transeau. .. H.C. Sampson. .. [and] L.H. Tiffany. .. New York, Harper & brothers[c1940] url p. 217, p. 88.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1920] url p. 182, p. 182.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1821, p. 2194.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 30.
- The American flower garden / by Neltje Blanchan; planting lists by Leonard Barron; illustrated with one hundred full-page photographs. New York: Doubleday, Page & Company, 1909. url , , p. 252, p. 252, p. 363, p. 366.
- The American flower garden, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1909. url p. 252, p. 363, p. 366.
- The Bahama flora, New York, The Authors, 1920. url .
- The Bahama flora, by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Charles Frederick Millspaugh. New York, The authors, 1920. url p. 161, p. 161, p. 161, p. 161.
- The Book of gardening; a handbook of horticulture. London, C. Scribner's Sons, 1900. url , .
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 128, p. 138, p. 148, p. 184, p. 197, p. 230, p. 273, p. 328, p. 372, p. 372, p. 373, p. 475, p. 481, p. 577, p. 727, p. 746, p. 787, p. 833, p. 89.
- The Field naturalist's quarterly. Edinburgh: George A. Morton, 1902-1904. url p. 323.
- The Guide to nature. Stamford, Conn.: Agassiz Association, c1908-1935. url p. 420.
- The Journal of heredity. Washington, etc., American Genetic Association url p. 485, p. 485.
- The Leguminosae of Porto Rico. By J. Perkins. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1907. url p. 134, p. 147.
- The Lowell lectures on the ascent of man / by Henry Drummond. London: Hodder and Stoughton, 1910. url p. 160.
- The Nature-study review: devoted to all phases of nature-study in elementary schools. Lancaster, Pa.: [M.A. Bigelow], 1905- url p. 236.
- The Philippine journal of science. Manila: Bureau of Science url p. 152, p. 153, p. 173, p. 184, p. 196, p. 200, p. 206, p. 31, p. 37, p. 370, p. 377, p. 39, p. 4, p. 430, p. 457, p. 461, p. 513, p. 557, p. 566, p. 653, p. 660, p. 75.
- The Tea soils of Assam and tea manuring. Calcutta, Indian Tea Association, 1901. url , , p. 15, p. 45, p. 78, p. 79.
- The anthocyanin pigments of plants. By Muriel Wheldale. Cambridge, University Press, 1916. url p. 137, p. 313.
- The biology of flowering plants, by Macgregor Skene. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1924. url p. 270, p. 311, p. 389.
- The birds of El Salvador, by Donald R. Dickey and A. J. Van Rossem. 23 1938 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1938. url p. 21, p. 87.
- The causes and course of organic evolution; a study in bioenergics by John Muirhead Macfarlane. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1918. url p. 137, p. 218, p. 220, p. 226, p. 548, p. 867.
- The cell, outlines of general anatomy and physiology, tr. by M. Campbell and edited by Henry Johnstone Campbell. London, Swan, 1909. url p. 113.
- The commercial products of India: being an abridgment of The dictionary of the economic products of India / by Sir George Watt; published under the authority of His Majesty's secretary of state for India in council. London: J. Murray, 1908. url p. 30.
- The cruise of the Tomas Barrera; London, G. P. Putnam's sons, 1916. url p. 228, p. 318.
- The cruise of the Tomas Barrera; the narrative of a scientific expedition to western Cuba and the Colorados reefs, with observations on the geology, fauna, and flora of the region, New York and London.G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1916. url , , p. 228, p. 318.
- The cultivation and preparation of Para rubber / W.H. Johnson. London: Lockwood, 1909. url p. 49.
- The cultivation of Hevea: a manual for the planter. Trans. from the Dutch by Stuart R. Cope and A. Content. Amsterdam, deBussy, 1911. url , .
- The cytoplasm of the plant cell, by Alexandre Guilliermond. .. Authorized translation from the unpublished French manuscript, by Lenette Rogers Atkinson, PH. D. Foreword by William Seifriz. .. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Company, 1941. url p. 235.
- The encyclopedia of gardening. A dictionary of cultivated plants, etc., giving in alphabetical sequence the culture and propagation of hardy and half-hardy plants, trees and shrubs, orchids, ferns, fruit, vegetables, hothouse and g London, W. H. & L. Collingridge url .
- The essentials of botany, New York, H. Holt and company[c1914] url , .
- The essentials of college botany, by Charles E. Bessey and Ernest A. Bessey. New York, H. Holt[c1914] url p. 122.
- The flora of Barro Colorado Island, Panama, by Paul C. Standley. City of Washington, The Smithsonian Institution, 1927. url p. 19.
- The flora of Singapore. Singapore, 1900 url p. 76.
- The flora of the American Virgin Islands / N.L. Britton. New York: New York Botanical Garden, 1918. url p. 51.
- The flora of the Dutch West Indian islands St. Eustatius, Saba and St. Martin. Leyden, Brill, 1909. url p. 220, p. 268, p. 270, p. 301, p. 314, p. 81.
- The flora of the Malay Peninsula. By Henry N. Ridley, with illus. by J. Hutchinson. London, L. Reeve & co., ltd., 1922-25. url p. 655.
- The flora of the presidency of Bombay / By Theodore Cooke. London: Taylor and Francis, 1903-08. url .
- The forests and flora of British Honduras / by Paul C. Standley and Samuel J. Record; in cooperation with the Conservator of Forests and the Agricultural Officer of the Colony. 12 1936 Chicago: [Field Museum of Natural History], 1936. url p. 164, p. 165.
- The functional inertia of living matter; a contribution to the physiological theory of life. London, Churchill, 1908. url p. 6.
- The garden at home, by H. H. Thomas. .. with 12 full-page plates from photographs in natural colours and 96 half-tone illustrations. London, New York [etc.]Cassell and company, ltd., 1912. url p. 253.
- The gardens' bulletin, Straits Settlements. Singapore: Straits Times Press, 1913-1941. url p. 174, p. 175, p. 29.
- The life and work of Sir Jagadis C. Bose, by Patrick Geddes. London, Longmans, Green1920. url p. 145.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , , , .
- The nature book; a popular description by pen and camera of the delights and beauties of the open air. London, Cassell, 1908-09. url p. 847.
- The nursery-manual; a complete guide to the multiplication of plants, by L. H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan,  url p. 361.
- The outline of science: a plain story simply told / edited by J. Arthur Thomson. New York: G. P. Putnam's sons, 1922. url , p. 646.
- The plant cell wall; a topical study of architecture, dynamics, comparative chemistry and technology in a biological system. Oxford, Pergamon Press, 1962. url p. 118.
- The plant cell, its modifications and vital processes; a manual for students. London, C. Griffin and Company, Ltd., 1910. url .
- The power of movement in plants, New York, Appleton, 1896. url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- The principles of science: a treatise on logic and scientific method / by W. Stanley Jevons. London: Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1920. url p. 729, p. 729.
- The romance of plant life, interesting descriptions of the strange and curious in the plant world, by G. F. Scott Elliot. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott, 1907. url p. 194.
- The science of biology. St. Louis, C.V. Mosby Co., 1952. url p. 106.
- The scurrying bush, by R.C.H. Sweeney. New York, Pantheon Books, [c1965] url p. 150, p. 207.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 2053, p. 2054, p. 3153, p. 3597, p. 41.
- The study of plants; an introduction to botany and plant ecology. OxfordClarendon Press1915 url p. 152, p. 245.
- The theory of evolution in the light of facts, by Karl Frank, S.J. with a chapter on ant guests and termite guests by P.E. Wasmann. Translated from the German by Charles T. Druery...with 48 illustrations. London:B. Herder, 1913. url p. 113.
- The translocation of solutes in plants: a critical consideration of evidence bearing upon solute movement / by Otis F. Curtis. New York, McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., 1935. url p. 263.
- The useful plants of the island of Guam; with an introductory account of the physical features and natural history of the island, of the character and history of its people, and of their agriculture / by William Edwin Safford. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 152, p. 59, p. 66.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 137, p. 209.
- Transpiration and the ascent of sap in plants. By Henry H. Dixon. .. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1914. url .
- Trees and shrubs of Mexico / By Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1920-1926. url p. 361.
- Trees; a handbook of forest-botany for the woodlands and the laboratory Cambridge, At the University press url p. 116, p. 339.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 359, p. 589, p. 671, p. 831, p. 896.
- Vorlesungen über Pflanzenphysiologie. Jena, G. Fischer, 1904. url p. 621, p. 632.
- Water in the physiology of plants, by A. S. Crafts, H. B. Currier and C. R. Stocking. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Co., 1949. url p. 140, p. 236.
- William Bartram, interpreter of the American landscape, Baltimore, The Johns Hopkins Press, 1933. url .
- Woods of northeastern Peru, by Llewelyn Williams. 15 1936 Chicago, 1936. url p. 557.
- Zoological philosophy; an exposition with regard to the natural history of animals. .. Translated, with an introd., by Hugh Elliot. New York, Hafner Pub. Co., 1963. url , p. 409, p. 52.
- [Pamphlets on agriculture in Guam] S.l.: s.n., 1905-1916 url p. 59.
- [Publications] - Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903-1906. url p. 167, p. 20, p. 56, p. 60, p. 67, p. 76.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 9, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed December 22, 2006. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 9 providers.
- ILDIS World Database of Legumes. Release date: May 1, 2007
- ILDIS World Database of LegumesNov 10, 2005.
- Nielsen IC & Rico ML, 1994 (from ILDIS).
- Ross JH, 2001-01 (from ILDIS).
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 29, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 14, 2007:
- Australian National Herbarium
- , Australian National Herbarium
- Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum, Bishop Museum Natural History Specimen Data
- Botanical Research Institute of Texas, Andes to Amazon Biodiversity Program
- Comisión nacional para el conocimiento y uso de la biodiversidad, Herbario del Instituto de Ecología, A.C., México
- Herbarium of the University of Aarhus, The AAU Herbarium Database
- Herbier de la Guyane, Herbier de la Guyane
- Instituto Nacional de Biodiversidad
- , Biodiversidad de Costa Rica
- International Plant Genetic Resources Institute(IPGRI), The System-wide Information Network for Genetic Resources
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, Plants of Papua New Guinea
- Taiwan Biodiversity Information Facility, Magnoliophyta
- The New York Botanical Garden, Species of Eastern Brazil Vascular Plant Specimens
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2650955
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-78
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13641141
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:508556-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 24405
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 26790
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 313242-2
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDFAB2K0A0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: MIPUU
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 49052