Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Annual Mercury, Herb Mercury, Herb-Mercury
Common Names in Hungarian:
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Romanian:
Bree, Brei, Brei De Cîmp, Brei De Pădure, Brei De Pămînt, Brie, Brîie, Buruiană Cîinească, Slăbănog, Slăbănog De Cîmp, Slobonog De Cîmp, Slobonov, Slobonov De Cîmp, Trepadatoare
Common Names in Russian:
Prolesnik Odnoletnij, пролесник однолетний
Common Names in Spanish:
The Euphorbiaceae are mostly monoecious herbs, shrubs , and trees , sometimes succulent and cactus-like, comprising one of the largest families of plants with about 300 genera and 7,500 species that are further characterized by the frequent occurrence of milky sap . The leaves are mostly alternate but may be opposite or whorled and they are simple , or compound , or sometimes highly reduced. Stipules are generally present but may be reduced to hairs , glands or spines. The flowers are unisexual and usually actinomorphic . They may be highly reduced by suppression of parts, in the extreme form consisting of a naked stamen as a male flower and a naked pistil as a female flower. A specialized type of miniature inflorescence called a cyathium occurs in about 1,500 species comprising the genera Euphorbia and Chamaesyce. The cyathium consists of a single naked pistillate flower surrounded by cymes of naked staminate flowers, each consisting of a single stamen. These flowers are all enclosed in a cup-like involucre that typically is provided with peripheral nectaries and petaloid appendages such that the whole aggregation closely resembles a single flower. In other members of the family the flowers and inflorescences are more ordinary in appearance , with male and female flowers typically bearing a 5-merous calyx and corolla of distinct segments, although the corolla is sometimes absent. In these forms the androecium most commonly consists of 5, 10 or sometimes numerous distinct or monadelphous stamens. The gynoecium of female flowers consists of a single compound pistil of typically 3 carpels, an equal number of styles or primary style branches, and a superior ovary with typically 3 locules, each bearing 1 or 2 collateral , axile-apical pendulous ovules. The fruit is usually a capsular schizocarp. -- Gerald Carr.
Flowers: Bloom Period: March, April, May, June, July, August, September. • Flower Color: inconspicuous, none
Size: 6-12" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 1,478 meters (0 to 4,849 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Euphorbianae () - Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Magnoliopsida () - Brongniart, 1843 - Dicotyledons
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Discoplis serrata Raf. • Mercurialis ambigua L. F. • Mercurialis annua ambigua (L. F.) Arcang. • Mercurialis annua ambigua< /i> (L. F.) Müll. Arg. • Mercurialis annua f. ciliata (J. Presl & C. Presl) Pax & K. Hoffm. • Mercurialis annua f. cordata Wirtg. • Mercurialis annua f. cuneatolanceolata Wirtg. • Mercurialis annua f. huetii (Hanry) Pax & K. Hoffm. • Mercurialis annua f. lanceolata Wirtg. • Mercurialis annua f. ovata Wirtg. • Mercurialis annua huetii (Hanry) Lange • Mercurialis annua var. ambigua Duby • Mercurialis annua var. angustifolia Gaudin • Mercurialis annua var. camberiensis Chabert • Mercurialis annua var. capillacea Guépin • Mercurialis annua var. dioica Moris • Mercurialis annua var. euannua Litard. • Mercurialis annua var. genuina Müll. Arg. • Mercurialis annua var. huetii (Hanry) Müll. Arg. • Mercurialis annua var. laciniata Müll. Arg. • Mercurialis annua var. monoica Moris • Mercurialis annua var. serrata Litard. • Mercurialis annua var. transsylvanica Schur • Mercurialis annua var. typica Fiori • Mercurialis annua var. variegata Löhr • Mercurialis ciliata J. Presl & C. Presl • Mercurialis huetii Hanry • Mercurialis ladanum Hartm. • Mercurialis monoica (Moris) B. M. Durand • Mercurialis pinnatifida Sennen • Mercurialis tarraconensis Sennen • Synema annuum (L.) Dulac
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 11-Nov-2003
Members of the genus Mercurialis
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 2 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 133.
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url , .
- A catalogue of plants cultivated in the garden of John Gerard, in the years 1596-1599 /edited with notes, references to Gerard's Herball, the addition of modern names, and a life of the author, by Benjamin Daydon Jackson. 1876 London: Privately printed, 1876 url p. 61.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url , .
- A contribution to our knowledge of seedlings; by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url , p. 473.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 99.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 219.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url , p. 185.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 177.
- A manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants. By John Hutton Balfour. London: J. J. Griffin [etc.] 1851. url p. 195.
- A manual of botany: including the structure, functions, classification, properties and uses of plants. London, John Churchill, 1861. url p. 250.
- A manual of organic materia medica and pharmacognosy; an introduction to the study of the vegetable kingdom and the vegetable and animal drugs (with syllabus of inorganic remedial agents) comprising the botanical and physical characteristics, source, con Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 285, p. 595.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url fig. 339, p. 603.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 261.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 135, p. 223.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 223.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 42.
- A preliminary list of the plants of New Brunswick compiled by James Fowler; with assistance of members of New Brunswick Natural History Society. Saint John, N.B.: Ellis, Robertson & Co., 1885. url .
- A student's text-book of botany / by Sydney H. Vines. London: Macmillan, 1895. url p. 516, p. 622.
- A student's text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. With 483 illustrations. London, Macmillan & co., 1896. url , .
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 123.
- A text-book of botany, by Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. Fritz Noll. .. [and] Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1908. url p. 718.
- A textbook of botany for colleges and universities. .. Cincinnati [etc]American book company[1910-11] url .
- A treatise on the diseases of the ox; being a manual of bovine pathology; especially adapted for the use of veterinary practitioners and students, by John Henry Steel. New York, Wiley, 1881. url p. 196.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 134, p. 166, p. 235, p. 52.
- Agricultural index. New York, H. W. Wilson Co. url p. 726.
- An elementary text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. .. London: S. Sonnenschein & co., lim.;1898. url p. 460.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 356, p. 746.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 460, p. 460.
- An introduction to botany. 2d ed., with corrections and numerous additions. LondonLongman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman1835 url p. 255.
- An introduction to botany. By John Lindley. London, Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1848. url p. 183.
- An introduction to cytology, by Lester W. Sharp. .. New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1921. url p. 372, p. 426.
- An introduction to the chemistry of plant products by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green, 1928-1929. url p. 373.
- An introduction to the embryology of angiosperms. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1950. url p. 2.
- An introduction to the natural system of botany: or, A systematic view of the organization, natural affinities, and geographical distribution of the whole vegetable kingdom; together with the uses of the most important species in medicine, the arts, By John Lindley. New York, G. & C. & H. Carvill, 1831. url p. 101, p. 381.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 159, p. 159, p. 160, p. 160, p. 165, p. 165, p. 190, p. 190, p. 209, p. 231, p. 231, p. 251, p. 251, p. 282, p. 294, p. 298, p. 301, p. 31, p. 341, p. 341, p. 364, p. 455, p. 89, p. 89, p. 95, p. 98.
- Animal and vegetable physiology considered with reference to natural theology. London, W. Pickering, 1834. url p. 53.
- Animal and vegetable physiology, considered with reference to natural theology, by Peter Mark Roget. .. London, W. Pickering, 1834. url p. 44.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 20 1906 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 210.
- Annals of natural history. London, R. and J.E. Taylor, url p. 349, p. 349.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 469.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 8 1897 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 149.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 41.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 33.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 593.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 593.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 29 - 41 1957 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 11.
- Bemerkungen auf einer Reise in die südlichen Statthalterschaften des russischen Reichs in den Jahren 1793 und 1794 Leipzig: Bey Gottfried Martini, 1801. url .
- Botanic drugs, their materia medica, pharmacology, and therapeutics, by Thomas S. Blair. Cincinnati, O.: The Therapeutic digest publishing co., 1917. url p. 347.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 105, p. 131, p. 165, p. 249, p. 30, p. 67.
- Botanical and physiological memoirs, consisting of I.--The phenomenon of rejuvenescence in nature, especially in the life and development of plants. By Dr. A. Braun. Tr. by A. Henfrey. .. II.--On the animal nature of the Diatomeæ, with an organographical revision of the genera established by Kützing. By Professor G. Meneghini. Tr. by Christopher J London: Printed for the Ray Society, 1853. url p. 53.
- Botanical names for English readers / by Randal H. Alcock. London: L. Reeve, 1876. url p. 72.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 197.
- Botany of the Bermudas / by H.B. Small. Hamilton, Bermuda: S. Nelmes, 1913. url p. 83.
- Botany of the Bermudas, Hamilton, BermudaS. Nelmes, 1913. url .
- Botany of the United States north of Virginia; comprising descriptions of the flowering and fern-like plants hitherto found in those states, arranged according to the natural system. With a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnean system, a New York, Harper, 1868. url p. 313.
- British bee journal & bee-keepers adviser. London. url p. 343.
- British bees: an introduction to the study of the natural history and economy of the bees indigenous to the British Isles / London: Reeve, 1866. url .
- British entomology; being illustrations and descriptions of the genera of insects found in Great Britain and Ireland: containing coloured figures from nature of the most rare and beautiful species, and in many instances By John Curtis. London, Printed for the author, 1823-40. url p. 158, p. 22.
- British flowering plants. By W. F. Kirby. With 120 coloured plates, showing the most important characters of each plant figured; and 119 illustrations in the text. London, Sidney Appleton, 1906. url p. 127, p. 186, p. 202.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url , p. 142, p. 174, p. 206, p. 50.
- British plant-galls; a classified text book of cecidology, London, Methuen & co. ltd. url .
- British wild flowers: familiarly described in the four seasons for the use of beginners and amateurs / by Thomas Moore. London, Reeve, 1867. url p. 316.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 137, p. 138.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 173.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1903 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 18, p. 20, p. 20, p. 300.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 1 1898 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 151, p. 216, p. 353.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 19 1892 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 10, p. 181, p. 258, p. 353, p. 588, p. 706, p. 712.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 191.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , , .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 150, p. 22, p. 256, p. 559, p. 651, p. 82.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 150, p. 256, p. 559, p. 651, p. 82.
- Catalogue of the African plants collected by Dr. Friedrich Welwitsch in 1853-61. .. London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url p. 976, p. 976.
- Catalogue of the books, manuscripts, maps and drawings in the British Museum (Natural History) London: BM(NH), 1903-1940. url p. 1463.
- Catalogue of the coleopterous insects of the Canaries, in the collection of the British museum. By T. Vernon Wollaston. London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1864. url p. 309, p. 417.
- Coleoptera Atlantidum, being an enumeration of the coleopterous insects of the Madeiras, Salvages, and Canaries. London, Van Voorst, 1865. url p. 292, p. 373.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url p. 309, p. 444.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 245, p. 67, p. 91, p. 96.
- Conception, birth and infancy in ancient Rome and modern Italy. Coconut Grove, Fla., 1948. url p. 26.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 195, p. 594.
- Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884. url p. 107, p. 138.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.E. Ponsonby, 1898. url .
- Cryptogamic plants of the USSR. (Flora sporovykh rastenii SSSR) Translated from Russian. Jerusalem[Published for the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C. by the Israel Program for Scientific Translations, 19 - url p. 452.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 254, p. 367, p. 83, p. 94.
- Dairy stock; its selection, diseases, and produce, with a description of the Brittany breed. By John Gamgee. .. With two plates in lithography, and numerous woodcuts. Edinburgh, T.C. Jack; [etc., etc.]1861. url p. 277.
- Dictionary of botanical equivalents, French-English, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager and Edwina M. Smiley. Baltimore, Md., Williams & Wilkins[c1921] url p. 27.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 58.
- Edinburgh journal of natural history and of the physical sciences. Edinburgh [etc.]: Published for the proprietor [etc.], 1835-1840. url p. 100.
- English plant names from the tenth to the fifteenth century by John Earle. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1880. url p. 89.
- Essays in geobotany in honor of William Albert Setchell, edited by T.H. Goodspeed. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1936. url p. 289.
- Essentials of college botany / by Charles E. Bessey and Ernest A. Bessey. New York: Henry Holt and Company, c1914. url p. 153.
- Everyday objects; or, Picturesque aspects of natural history. .. London, W.P. Nimmo, 1876. url p. 425, p. 77.
- Evolution and animal life; an elementary discussion of facts, processes, laws and theories relating to the life and evolution of animals, by David Starr Jordan. .. and Vernon Lyman Kellogg. .. New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1907. url p. 159, p. 483.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url , p. 1133, p. 292, p. 358, p. 522, p. 70, p. 8, p. 837, p. 951, p. 958, p. 969.
- Experimental pollination; an outline of the ecology of flowers and insects, by Frederic E. Clements and Frances L. Long. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1923. url p. 129.
- Flora calpensis; contributions to the botany and topography of Gibraltar, and its neighbourhood. By E. F. Kelaart. London, J. van Voorst, 1846. url p. 148, p. 174.
- Flora hibernica, comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland, arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system, by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin, Simpkin, Marshall and co.; [etc., etc.]1836. url p. 237.
- Flora hibernica: comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland: arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin: W. Curry jun., 1836. url p. 237.
- Flora medica; a botanical account of all the more important plants used in medicine, in different parts of the world. By John Lindley. .. London, Longman, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1838. url p. 188.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 104, p. 105, p. 14, p. 24, p. 35, p. 47, p. 50, p. 72, p. 74, p. 98.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 209.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 209.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 166.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 166, p. 20, p. 378, p. 435, p. 457, p. 468.
- Flora of Middlesex: a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county: with sketches of its Physical Geography and climate and of the progress of Middlesex Botany during the last three centuries. London, R. Hardwicke1869. url p. 425.
- Flora of Middlesex; a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county; with sketches of its physical geography and climate, and of the progress of Middlesex botany during the last three centuries, by Henry Trimen and William T. Thiselton Dyer. With a map. London, Robert Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 366, p. 425.
- Flora of Plymouth: an account of the flowering plants and ferns found within twelve miles of the town; history of local botanical investigation. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 303.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 195.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url .
- Flora of the southern United States, containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida; arranged according to the natural system by A.W. Chapman. New York, American Book Company url p. 410, p. 647.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url , p. 427.
- Flora scotica, or, A description of Scottish plants arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods: in two parts / by William Jackson Hooker. .. Edinburgh: A. Constable, 1821. url p. 499.
- Flora vectensis: being a systematic description of the phænogamous or flowering plants and ferns indigenous to the Isle of Wight. London, W. Pamplin, 1856. url , .
- Florula Mortolensis. An enumeration of the plants growing wild at La Mortola. Ventimiglia, Billi, 1905. url .
- Flowering plants of the Riviera: a sescriptive account of 1800 of the more interesting species / by H. Stuart Thompson; with an introduction on Riviera vegetation by A. G. Tansley London; New York: Longmans, Green, 1914. url p. 189.
- Flowers of the field. London, G. Routledge, 1908. url , .
- Flowers of the field. Rev. throughout and edited by Clarence Elliott. With an appendix including the Pipe-wort tribe (Eriocauleae) the Sedge tribe (Cyperaceae) and the Grass tribe (Gramineae) LondonG. Routledge[n.d.] url p. 257, p. 259.
- Flowers; their origin, shapes, perfumes, and colours / Boston: Roberts Brothers, 1878. url p. 167.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- General indexes to the thirty-six volumes of English botany: to which is added, an alphabetical index to English fungi: making together, a catalogue of indigenous British plants. London: J. Sowerby, 1814. url p. 40.
- Gray's Botanical text-book New York, Ivison, 1879-1885. url p. 183.
- Gray's Botanical text-book. New York: American Book Company, c1879. url p. 183.
- Gray's lessons in botany and vegetable physiology, illus. by over 360 wood engravings, from original drawings, by Isaac Sprague. To which is added a copious glossary, or dictionary of botanical terms. By Asa Gray. Chicago, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor & co. url p. 393.
- Guide to the literature of botany. Being a classified selection of botanical works, including nearly 6000 titles not given in Pritzel's 'Thesaurus.' By Benjamin Daydon Jackson. .. London, Pub. for the Index society, by Longmans, Green & Co., 1881. url p. 100.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 739.
- Handbook of British fungi, with full descriptions of all the species, and illustrations of the genera. By M. C. Cooke, M.A. London, Macmillan and co., 1871. url p. 527.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 370, p. 61.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalised in the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. London, L. Reeve, 1908. url p. 395.
- Handbook to Bath; prepared on the occasion of the visit of the British Association, 1888. Bath, I. Pitman and Sons, 1888. url , .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url , p. 109, p. 12, p. 166, p. 186, p. 188, p. 230, p. 99.
- History of botany (1530-1860) / by Julius von Sachs; authorised translation by Henry E. F. Garnsey, rev. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1890. url p. 386, p. 386.
- History of botany (1530-1860) Authorised translation by Henry E.F. Garnsey. Rev. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 386.
- History of botany (1530-1860) by Julius von Sachs; authorised translation by Henry E. F. Garnsey, rev. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1890. url p. 386.
- History of botany (1530-1860); translated by Henry E.F. Garnsey, revised by Isaac B. Balfour. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1890. url p. 386.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 246.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants, drawn by W.H. Fitch and W.G. Smith. London: Reeve, 1908. url p. 217.
- Insecticides, fungicides and weedkillers: a practical manual on the diseases of plants and their remedies, for the use of manufacturing chemists, agriculturists, arboriculturists and horticulturists, by E. Bourcart, D. SC. Tr. from the French, rev. and adapted to British standards and practice, by Donald Grant. London: Scott, Greenwood & son, 1913. url p. 124, p. 124, p. 132, p. 136, p. 136, p. 289, p. 289, p. 421.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 115, p. 146, p. 209, p. 371, p. 380, p. 384, p. 424, p. 437, p. 439, p. 440, p. 441, p. 444, p. 458, p. 477, p. 516, p. 519, p. 846.
- Introduction to the chemistry of plant products, by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green and co., 1913. url p. 265, p. 395.
- Introduction to the plant-life of the Oxford district. London, Milford, 1922-25. url p. 87, p. 97.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , p. 93.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 161.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 247, p. 267, p. 282, p. 284, p. 541, p. 564, p. 599, p. 639, p. 640, p. 641, p. 643, p. 726, p. 805, p. 806, p. 812, p. 813, p. 814, p. 815, p. 913.
- Journal of Hymenoptera research. 10 Washington, D.C.: International Society of Hymenopterists, [1992- url p. 91.
- Journal of a tour in Marocco and the Great Atlas, London, Macmillan and co., 1878. url p. 144.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url , p. 116, p. 128, p. 141, p. 15, p. 151, p. 151, p. 161, p. 178, p. 196, p. 202, p. 232, p. 249, p. 25, p. 258, p. 292, p. 293, p. 308, p. 309, p. 311, p. 327, p. 338, p. 347, p. 359, p. 361, p. 365, p. 373, p. 392, p. 394, p. 40, p. 417, p. 55, p. 55, p. 60, p. 64, p. 69, p. 73, p. 74, p. 83, p. 93, p. 93, p. ix.
- Journal of botany: being a second series of the Botanical miscellany. 1 1834 London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman; Edinburgh: A. & C. Black, 1834-1842. url p. 22, p. 86.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 16 1915 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 211, p. 49.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url , p. 217, p. 251, p. 263, p. 59, p. 654, p. 656, p. 677, p. 75.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. Botany. 5 1861 London: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, & Roberts: ||Williams and Norgate, 1857-1864. url p. 34.
- La botanique en Provence au 16e siècle. Léonard Rauwolff, Jacques Raynaudet. MarseilleH. Aubertin & G. Rolle1900 url p. 33.
- Lectures on the physiology of plants / by Sydney Howard Vines. . Cambridge, Cambridgeshire: The University Press, 1886 url p. 60.
- Letters on the elements of botany, addressed to a lady, by the celebrated J.J. Rousseau. Translated into English, with notes, and twenty-four additional letters, fully explaining the system of Linnaeus, by Thomas Martyn. London, B. and J. White, 1796. url p. 458.
- Letters on the elements of botany: addressed to a lady / by the celebrated J.J. Rousseau; translated into English, with notes, and twenty-four additional letters, fully explaining the system of Linnaeus, by Thomas Martyn. London: Printed for B. White and Son, 1791. url p. 458.
- Loudon's encyclopaedia of plants; comprising the specific character, description, culture, history, application in the arts, and every other desirable particular respecting all the plants indigenous to, cultivated in, or introduced in Edited by Mrs. Loudon, assisted by George Don and David Wooster. London, Longmans, Green, 1866. url p. 1082.
- Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology. London: printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1829-1837. url p. 273.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1856. url .
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by Charles Cardale Babington. London: John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 292.
- Manual of plant diseases, by Paul Sorauer. Wilkes-Barré, Pa.The Record Press, c1914-22 url p. 147.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including Virginia, Kentucky, and all east of the Mississippi / by Asa Gray; (The mosses and liverworts by Wm. S. Sullivant.) New York: Ivison, Phinney, 1863, c1862. url p. 393.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 785.
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url p. 95.
- Memoir and correspondence of the late Sir James Edward Smith, Ed. by Lady Smith. London, Longman, Rees, Orne Brown, Green and Longman, 1832. url p. 191, p. 603.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 427, p. 587, p. 588, p. 591, p. 592, p. 670, p. 69, p. 7, p. 70, p. 71, p. 73.
- Memoirs relating to European and Asiatic Turkey and other countries of the East: edited from manuscript journals / London: Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown. .., 1818. url p. 276.
- Memorials, journal and botanical correspondence of Charles Cardale Babington. Cambridge, [Eng.]: Macmillan and Bowes, 1897. url p. 462.
- Molecular & general genetics: MGG. Berlin; Springer-Verlag, 1908-2001 url p. 117.
- Monographia apum Angliæ; or, An attempt to divide into their naturla genera and families, such species of the Linnean genus Apis as have been discovered in England; with descriptions and observations. To which are prefixed so By William Kirby. Ipswich: Printed for the author by J. Raw., 1802. url p. 241.
- Monthly microscopical journal: transactions of the Royal Microscopical Society, and record of histological research at home and abroad. London, R. Hardwicke, 1869-1877. url p. 14.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 463, p. 476, p. 658, p. 796.
- Niger flora; or, An enumeration of the plants of western tropical Africa, collected by the late Dr. Theodore Vogel, botanist to the voyage of the expedition sent by Her Britannic Majesty to the river Niger in 1841, under the command of Capt. H. D. Trotter, R.N., &c.; includ London, H. Bailliere; [etc., etc.]1849. url p. 81.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 282.
- On the fauna and flora of the west of Scotland. Meeting at Glasgow, September, 1876. Glasgow, Blackie, 1876 url p. 81.
- On the popular names of British plants, being an explanation of the origin and meaning of the names of our indigenous and most commonly cultivated species. By R. C. A. Prior. London: Williams and Norgate, 1870. url p. 152.
- Organography of plants, especially of the archegoniatae and spermaphyta, ed. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford, Clar. Press, 1900-5. url p. 403.
- Our domestic animals in health and disease. Edinburgh, Maclachlan & Stewart, 1871. url p. 46.
- Outline of genetics: with special reference to plant material / by Merle C. Coulter. Chicago, Ill., University of Chicago Press[c1923] url p. 204.
- Outlines of classification and special morphology of plants, by K. Goebel. A new ed. of Sachs' Text-book of botany, book II, authorized English translation by Henry E. F. Garnsey; rev. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. With 407 woodcuts. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1887. url p. 388, p. 388, p. 504, p. 504.
- Pharmazeutische Waarenkunde, von Dr. Otto Berg. Berlin, R. Gaertner, 1863. url p. 285, p. 644.
- Physiological botany; I. Outlines of the histology of phaenogamous plants; II. Vegetable physiology. New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, [c1885] url p. 183.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 371.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 273, p. 350, p. 424.
- Plant genetics / Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, [c1918] url .
- Plant genetics / by J.M. Coulter and M.C. Coulter. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1918. url p. 193.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url .
- Plant morphogenesis. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1960. url p. 185, p. 263, p. 317, p. 318, p. 464, p. 524.
- Plantae Utowanae. Plants collected in Bermuda, Porto Rico, St. Thomas, Culebras, Santo Domingo, Jamaica, Cuba, The Caymans, Cozumel, Yucatan and the Alacran shoals. Dec. 1898-Mar. 1899. The Antillean cruise of the yach 2 1900 Chicago, 1900. url p. 58.
- Plants poisonous to live stock / Cambridge: University Press, 1917. url , .
- Plants poisonous to live stock, by Harold C. Long. .. Cambridge: University press, 1917. url p. 100, p. 117, p. 67.
- Plants poisonous to live stock. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1917. url , , p. 67.
- Poisonous plants in field and garden / by G. Henslow. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1901. url p. 151.
- Popular errors about plants / New York: Rural Pub. Co., [c1892] url .
- Popular errors about plants; by A. A. Crozier. New York, Rural publishing company[c1892] url p. 18.
- Popular field botany; containing a familiar and technical description of the plants most common to the various localities of the British Isles, adapted to the study of either the artificial or natural systems. London, Reeve, Benham & Reeve, 1849. url , p. 354.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 273.
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 313.
- Practical plant biochemistry, by Muriel Wheldale Onslow. .. Cambridge, University press, 1920. url p. 155, p. 174.
- Practical plant biochemistry. CambridgeUniversity Press1923 url p. 170, p. 190.
- Praenunciae bahamenses-- I. Contributions to a flora of the Bahamian archipelago. By Charles Frederick Millspaugh. 2 1906 Chicago, 1906. url p. 155.
- Preliminary catalog of Anthophyta and Pteridophyta, reported as growing spontaneously within one hundred miles of New York City. New York, 1888. url p. 88.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 20.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 108, p. 108.
- Proceedings of the International Congress of Genetics. V. p. url p. 484.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 286.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Association of Miramichi. Chatham, N.B.: The Association, 1899-1901. url p. 53.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 279, p. 36, p. 406, p. 44.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria. Melbourne: The Society, 1889- url p. 110, p. 380.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 120.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 6 1883 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 463, p. 667.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url p. 27.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. 2 1900 Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 58.
- Quarterly journal of microscopical science. London, J. and A. Churchill [etc.] url p. 105.
- Reflections on the phenomenon of rejuvenescence in nature, especially in the life and development of plants. Leipzig, 1851. url .
- Report and Transactions of the Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists Glasgow:Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists, 1873-77. url p. 37.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 64.
- Report: . .. Washington, Blair & Rives, printers, 1838 url p. 119.
- Review of applied mycology. Kew, SurreyCommonwealth Mycological Institute url p. 232, p. 480.
- Rust, smut, mildew & mould. An introduction to the study of microscopic fungi. London, W. H. Allen, 1902. url .
- Rust, smut, mildew & mould; an introduction to the study of microscopic fungi / by M.C. Cooke; illustrated with 269 coloured figures by J.E. Sowerby. 1898 London: W.H. Allen, 1898. url p. 216.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 198, p. 33, p. 73.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 223.
- Scientific feeding of the domestic animals, by Martin Klimmer. Chicago, A. Eger, 1923. url p. 44.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 101.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 699.
- Some account of the fauna and flora of Sinai, Petra, and Wa?dy 'Arabah, London, Pub. for the Committee of the Palestine exploration fund by A. P. Watt, 1891. url , .
- Species and varieties, their origin by mutation; lectures delivered at the University of California Chicago, The Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1906. url , .
- Species and varieties: their origin by mutation / lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo DeVries; edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago: The Open Court; 1906, c1904. url p. 420, p. 837.
- Species and varieties; their origin by mutation. Lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo De Vries. Edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago, K. Paul, Trench, Truber, 1906 [c1904] url p. 420, p. 835.
- Spicilegium florae Maroccanae / by John Ball. London: Printed by Taylor and Francis, 1878. url p. 664.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 773.
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 36.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 362.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 176, p. 213, p. 572.
- Text book of veterinary medicine / Ithaca: J. Law, 1896-1903. url , .
- Text book of veterinary medicine, v. 1-5. Ithaca, The author, 1905-1909. url .
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1581.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 140.
- The American journal of science. 27 1859 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 312, p. 313, p. 404.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 102, p. 102, p. 103, p. 103, p. 109, p. 109, p. 119, p. 140, p. 140, p. 148, p. 148, p. 199, p. 208, p. 208, p. 209, p. 209, p. 251, p. 344, p. 40, p. 41, p. 445, p. 445, p. 455, p. 455, p. 456, p. 456, p. 458.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 111, p. 113, p. 165, p. 180.
- The Bahama flora, New York, The Authors, 1920. url .
- The Bahama flora, by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Charles Frederick Millspaugh. New York, The authors, 1920. url p. 228, p. 228, p. 228, p. 228.
- The British flora medica, or, History of the medicinal plants of Great Britain / by Benjamin H. Barton, and Thomas Castle. London: E. Cox, 1838. url p. 123.
- The British herbal: an history of plants and trees, natives Britain, cultivated for use, or raised for beauty. /by John Hill, M.D. 1756 London: Printed for T. Osborne and J. Shipton [etc.]1756. url p. 482.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 69 1955 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 179, p. 89, p. 89.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 308, p. 309.
- The Catholic yearbook: comprehending, the circle of the seasons and key to the calendar and almanac, or the natural history, religious festivals and miscellaneous customs of the whole year adapted for all succeeding years; [by Thomas Ignatius Maria Forster] London: Keating and Brown, 1833. url p. 92.
- The Coleoptera of the British islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. / by the Rev. W. W. Fowler. London: L. Reeve & co., 1887-1913. url p. 302.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url , .
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 235, p. 264.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 25, p. 268, p. 270, p. 277, p. 293, p. 329.
- The Farmer's magazine. [London: Rogerson and Tuxford, 1834-1881. url p. 315, p. 443.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 17, p. 354.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1857 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 421, p. 552, p. 700.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 184, p. 227, p. 235, p. 333, p. 344, p. 386, p. 413, p. 431, p. 434, p. 510, p. 516, p. 517, p. 582, p. 693, p. 762, p. 814, p. 96.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 10, p. 36.
- The Journal of entomology: descriptive and geographical. London: Taylor and Francis, 1860-1866. url p. 11, p. 9, p. 9.
- The Journal of experimental zoology. [New York, etc.]Wiley-Liss [etc.] url p. 248.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 397.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society of London. London: Academic Press [etc.], 1865-1968. url p. 459.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 24 1888 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 485, p. 523, p. 549, p. 760.
- The London journal of botany: containing figures and descriptions of such plants as recommend themselves by their novelty, rarity, history, or uses: together with botanical notices and information and and occasional portraits and memoirs of eminent botanists. 3 1844 London: H. Baillie?re, 1842-1848. url p. 606.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 321, p. 673.
- The Naturalist. 1896 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 186, p. 378.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 109, p. 280.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 108, p. 154, p. 16, p. 175, p. 192, p. 258, p. 263, p. 303, p. 325, p. 35, p. 354, p. 366, p. 369, p. 393, p. 453, p. 454, p. 456, p. 457, p. 547, p. 637, p. 87.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 1079, p. 163, p. 52, p. 698, p. 736, p. 753, p. 823, p. 844, p. 847, p. 879, p. 880.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 329.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 313.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 470.
- The Universal herbal; or, Botanical, medical, and agricultural dictionary; containing an account of all the known plants in the world, arranged according to the Linnean system. Specifying the uses to which they are or may be applied, whether as food, as medicine, or in the a London, Caxton Press url p. 14.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 38, p. 58, p. 59.
- The Victoria history of the County of Hertford / edited by William Page. London: Published for the University of London, Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall,  url , .
- The Victoria history of the county of Kent; ed. by William Page. London, Constable, 1908- url p. 168.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 4, p. 5.
- The biology of flowering plants, by Macgregor Skene. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1924. url p. 257, p. 331, p. 332, p. 468, p. 497.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 231.
- The book of the seasons; or, The calendar of nature. LondonR. Bentley1833 url p. 206.
- The coleoptera of the British Islands, a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. London, Reeve, 1887-91. url p. 144.
- The effects of cross and self fertilisation in the vegetable kingdom. LondonJ. Murray1916 url p. 421, p. 482.
- The entomologist's useful compendium; or, An introduction to the knowledge of British insects. .. together with the genera of Linné, and the modern method of arranging the classes. .. according to the views of Dr. Leach. .. with instructions for collecting and fitting up objects for the microscope London, Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1824. url p. 285.
- The field botanist's companion: comprising a familiar account, in the four seasons, of the most common of the wild flowering plants of the British Isles / by Thomas Moore. London: L. Reeve, 1862. url p. 316.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 183, p. 42, p. 85, p. 90.
- The flora of Oxfordshire and its contiguous counties: (comprising the flowering plants only;) arranged in easy and familiar language according to the Linnaean and natural systems; preceded by an introduction to botany / Oxford: H. Slatter, 1833. url p. 298, p. 298.
- The flora of Oxfordshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with sketches of the progress of Oxfordshire botany during the last three centuries, and London, Parker and Co., 1886. url .
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 378.
- The mutation theory; experiments and observations on the origin of species in the vegetable kingdom, by Hugo de Vries. .. tr. by Prof. J. B. Farmer and A. D. Darbishire. .. Chicago, Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1909-10. url , , p. 361, p. 362, p. 363, p. 364, p. 432, p. 434, p. 438, p. 442, p. 450, p. 453, p. 454, p. 457, p. 458, p. 528, p. 532.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , , , .
- The natural history of plants. Translated by Marcus M. Hartog. LondonL. Reeve1871- url p. 165.
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url , p. 466, p. 467, p. 961.
- The natural history review. Dublin: Hodges & Smith, 1854-1865. url p. 378, p. 448.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 239.
- The organic constituents of plants and vegetable substances and their chemical analysis / by G.C. Wittstein; authorized translation from the German original, enlarged with numerous additions by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: MCarron, Bird & Co., 1878. url p. 130, p. 251, p. 265.
- The origin of floral structures through insect and other agencies, by the George Henslow. London, K. Paul, Trench, Trübnerco, 1888. url p. 247.
- The origin of floral structures: through insect and other agencies. New York: Appleton, 1888. url .
- The student's flora of the British islands / by Sir J.D. Hooker. London: Macmillan, 1884. url p. 360.
- The theory of the gene, by Thomas Hunt Morgan. .. New Haven, Yale University Press;1928. url p. 290, p. 351, p. 279, p. 336.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 232, p. 260.
- The universe, or, The wonders of creation. The infinitely great and the infinitely little. By F. A. Pouchet. .. Portland [Me.]: H. Hallett and company, 1883. url p. 463, p. 463.
- The vegetable kingdom; or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, LondonBradbury & Evans1853 url p. 276, p. 279.
- The wild-flowers of Selborne and other papers by John Vaughan. London, J. Lane, 1906. url p. 32, p. 32.
- Thornton, R. J. New illustration of the sexual system of Carolus von Linnaeus: and the temple of Flora, or garden of nature. 1807 London: 1807. url .
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 176, p. 198, p. 4, p. 49.
- Tracts relative to botany, tr. from different languages. Illustrated by nine copper plates, and occasional remarks. London, Printed by Phillips and Fardon [etc.]1805. url p. 45.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 18, p. 19, p. 301, p. 301.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 140, p. 272.
- Transactions of the Entomological Society of London. London, The Society. url , .
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 245, p. 306.
- Transactions of the Tyneside Naturalists' Field Club. Newcastle-upon-Tyne: F. & W. Dodsworth, 1850-1864. url p. 131, p. 140, p. 305, p. 309.
- Transactions of the Watford Natural History Society and Hertfordshire Field Club. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1875-1880. url p. 77.
- Travels through that part of North America formerly called Louisiana. / By Mr. Bossu, captain in the French Marines.; translated from the French, by John Reinhold Forster, F.A.S.; illustrated with notes relative chiefly to natural history; to which is added by the tran London: Printed for T. Davies, 1771. url p. 223.
- Vegetable teratology, an account of the principal deviations from the usual construction of plants, Maxwell T. Masters. .. With numerous illus. by E. M. Williams. London, Published for the Ray Society by R. Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 198.
- [Miscellaneous reprints on botany] London, 19 ? url , , , .
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 12, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem, Herbarium Willing
- Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien, Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien
- GBIF-Spain, Departamento de Biolog. Veg. II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid: MAF
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- NLBIF, Limnodata
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plants, Field notes, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- Steiermärkisches Landesmuseum Joanneum - Herbarium GJO, Herbarium GJO
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum, Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2651981
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Kew-125710
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4462689
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:352181-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 24100
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 28354
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDEUP11010
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: MEAN
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 50014