Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Plants, American Clubmoss, Christmas Green, Creeping Jenny, Groundcedar
Common Names in Romanian:
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in unspecified:
Christmas Green, Creeping Jenny, Groundcedar
, on rock, or epiphytic. Roots
emerging near origin
, or growing through cortex and emergent some distance
from origin. Horizontal stems present or absent, mainly protostelic, in some species becoming actino- or plectostelic, on substrate surface or subterranean
, or forming stolons. Upright shoots
or branched, usually conspicuously leafy at least at base
; abscising gemmae formed by reduced lateral
shoots. Lateral shoots present or absent, simple or branched, branching pattern
dichotomous and sometimes pseudomonopodial; leaves uniform
or trimorphic. Upright and lateral shoots round
or flat in cross
; leaves on subterranean parts flat, appressed
, nonphotosynthetic, and scalelike; leaves on aerial
parts appressed, ascending
, or spreading
, with 1 central unbranched vein
, needlelike to lanceolate to ovate
to dense and imbricate, with or without basal and/or mucilage canals. Strobili sessile or stalked
, upright, nodding
, or pendent. Sporangia solitary, adaxial
near leaf base or axillary
leaves (sporophylls) unmodified and photosynthetic to much modified, nonphotosynthetic, reduced, and aggregated in strobili; sporangia reniform to globose
, thick-walled with hundreds
of spores, outer walls variously modified. Spores all 1 kind, trilete, thick-walled, surfaces pitted
to small-grooved, rugulate, or reticulate
. Gametophytes subterranean and nonphotosynthetic or surficial
Genera 10--15, species 350--400 (7 genera, 27 species in the flora ) : worldwide.
The Lycopodiaceae are an extremely diverse , ancient family . The family may contain even more than the estimated 400 species because the tropical members and the very large genus Phlegmariurus are still poorly known. The relationships among genera of Lycopodiaceae are not well understood because large evolutionary gaps exist among most genera. Some of the genera, notably Diphasiastrum, Huperzia, and Lycopodiella, exhibit extensive interspecific hybridization, which has caused much taxonomic confusion in the past. Differences in expressions of many of the generic characters are subtle, and some of the characters are microscopic.
emerging from point
on underside of main stems
. Horizontal stems on substrate surface or subterranean
, long-creeping. Upright shoots
along horizontal stem, 5--16 mm diam., round
or flat in cross
, unbranched or with 1--4 lateral
. Leaves not imbricate, linear
to linear-lanceolate; leaves on horizontal stems scattered, appressed
, membranous; leaves on lateral branchlets mostly 6-ranked or more, monomorphic
with few exceptions, appressed, ascending
entire to dentate
branchlets and gemmae absent. Strobili single and sessile or multiple
, apex blunt
to acute; peduncle, when present, conspicuously leafy; sporophylls extremely reduced, much shorter than peduncle or stem leaves. Sporangia reniform
. Spores reticulate
, sides at equator convex
acute. Gametophytes nonphotosynthetic, mycorrhizal, subterranean, flat and irregularly button-shaped, with ring
meristem around circumference. x
Species 15--25: mainly temperate and subarctic .
In striking contrast to Diphasiastrum, Huperzia, and Lycopodiella, interspecific hybridization is practically unknown in Lycopodium. Many of the species now recognized in Lycopodium have been segregated from Lycopodium clavatum, L. annotinum, and L. jussiaei Desvaux ex Poiret. The three groups given in the key below should probably be treated as subgenera .
Size: under 6" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,653 meters (0 to 15,266 feet).
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Partial shade to full shade.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Dumortier, 1829
- Palisot de Beauvois ex Mirbel, in Lamarck & Mirbel, 1802
- club mosses
- C. Linnaeus, 1753
- Club-moss [Greek lykos, wolf, and pous, podes, foot; in reference to the resemblance of the branch tips to a wolf's paw]
- Specific epithet:
- Botanical name: - Lycopodium complanatum L.
- Specific epithet: complanatum - L.
- Genus: Lycopodium () - C. Linnaeus, 1753 - Club-moss [Greek lykos, wolf, and pous, podes, foot; in reference to the resemblance of the branch tips to a wolf's paw]
- Family: Lycopodiaceae () - Palisot de Beauvois ex Mirbel, in Lamarck & Mirbel, 1802 - club mosses
- Order: Lycopodiales () - Dumortier, 1829
- Class: Lycopodiopsida () - Bartl.
- Infraphylum: Lycophytae () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Subphylum: Lycophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Diphasiastrum complanatum (L.) Holub • Diphasium anceps< /i> (Wallr.) A. & D. Löve • Diphasium complanatum (L.) Rothm. • Diphasium complanatum montellii Kukkonen • Diphasium wallrothii H. P. Fuchs • Lepidotis Complanata • Lepidotis complanata (L.) P. Beauv. • Lycopodium anceps Wallr. • Lycopodium complanatum anceps (Wallr.) Aschers. • Lycopodium complanatum var. canadense Victorin • Stachygynandrum Complanatum
Publishing author : L. Publication : Sp. Pl. 2: 1104 1753 [1 May 1753]
Members of the genus Lycopodium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 51 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
L. alpinum (Alpine Club Moss) · L. annotinum (Clubmoss) · L. annotinum f. groen;andicum (Clubmoss) · L. annotinum pungens (Stiff Clubmoss) · L. apodum (Meadow Spike Moss) · L. argenteum (Northern Sennet) · L. carinatum (Club Moss) · L. cernua (Lycopodium) · L. circinale (Blackfin Barracuda) · L. clavatum (Common Club Moss) · L. clavatum contiguum (Staghorn Club-Moss) · L. clavatum f. brevipedunculatum (Staghorn Club-Moss) · L. clavatum f. incurvum (Common Club Moss) · L. clavatum f. robustinus (Staghorn Club-Moss) · L. clavatum var. aristatum (Staghorn Club-Moss) · L. clavatum var. clavatum (Running Clubmoss) · L. clavatum var. raddianum (Staghorn Club-Moss) · L. complanatum (Plants) · L. complanatum complanatum (American Clubmoss) · L. complanatum f. canadense (Christmas Green) · L. dendroideum (Tree Groundpine) · L. deuterodensum (Bushy Clubmoss) · L. digitatum (Fan Club-Moss) · L. douglasii (Douglas' Spikemoss) · L. fastigiatum (Mountain Clubmoss) · L. habereri (Haberer's Clubmoss) · L. hickeyi (Hickey's Clubmoss) · L. issleri (Issler's Clubmoss) · L. lagopus (One-Cone Clubmoss) · L. longifolium (Pacific Threadfin) · L. lycopodiella (Lycopodiella) · L. mirabile (Thread-Fishes) · L. nudum (Clubmosses) · L. obscurum (Ground Pine) · L. obscurum f. dendroideum (Flat-Branch Tree Club-Moss) · L. obscurum f. foliaceum (Flat-Branch Tree Club-Moss) · L. obscurum f. parvispicatum (Ground Pine) · L. phlegmaria (Queensland Tassel-Fern) · L. proniflorum (Mullet) · L. pungens (Stiff Clubmoss) · L. sabinaefolium sitchense (Sitka Clubmoss) · L. sabinifolium (Ground-Fir) · L. scariosum (Spreading Clubmoss) · L. sitchense (Alaskan Clubmoss) · L. tristachyum (Deep-Root Clubmoss) · L. venustulum (Hairtip Clubmoss) · L. volubile (Climbing Clubmoss) · L. x habereri (Hybrid) · L. × issleri (Issler's Clubmoss) · L. x zeilleri (Zeiller's Clubmoss) · L. zeilleri (Deeproot Clubmoss)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 139.
- ... Flora of Glacier National Park, Montana, by Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921. url p. 245, p. 271.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 48, p. 73.
- A botanical exploration of the north shore of the gulf of St. Lawrence including an annotated list of the species of vascular plants, Ottawa, F. A. Acland, printer, 1922. url p. 59.
- A botanical survey of the Galapagos Islands, by Alban Stewart. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences, 1911. url p. 28.
- A botanical survey of the Sugar Grove region / by Robert F. Griggs. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 307.
- A catalogue of plants growing without cultivation in the County of Nantucket, Mass. Northampton, Mass., Gazette Printing Co., 1888. url p. 73.
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and vascular cryptogams, found in and near Lackawanna and Wyoming valleys, by William R. Dudley...and Charles O. Thurston...1892. Wilkes-Barre, Pa., E. B. Yordy, 1892. url .
- A century of progress in the natural sciences, 1853-1953. San Francisco, 1955. url p. 303.
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 625.
- A contribution to the phytogeography and flora of the Arfak mountains /by L.S. Gibbs. 1917 London: Taylor and Francis, 1917. url p. 77.
- A general system of botany, descriptive and analytical in two parts; tr. from the original by Mrs. Hooker. .. with additions, an appendix on the natural method, and a synopsis of the orders by J.D. Hooker. London, Longmans, 1876. url p. 911.
- A handbook of systematic botany / by Dr. E. Warming with a revision of the fungi by Dr. E. Knoblauch, tr. and ed. by M. C. Potter. New York: Macmillan & Co., 1895. url p. 227.
- A history of British ferns. London, J. van Voorst, 1854. url .
- A laboratory manual in practical botany; by Charles H. Clark. Chicago [etc.]American book company url p. 203.
- A list of plants growing without cultivation in Franklin, Hampshire and Hampden Counties, Massachusetts, Amherst, Mass., Carpenter & Morehouse, 1913. url .
- A montane rain-forest; a contribution to the physiological plant geography of Jamaica, Washington, D. C., Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1914. url .
- A naturalist in the Bahamas, John I. Northrop, October 12, 1861-June 25, 1891; a memorial volume / edited with a biographical introd. New YorkColumbia University Press1910 url p. 249.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: John I. Northrop, October 12 1861 - June 25, 1891; a memorial volume, ed., with a biographical introduction by Henry Fairfield Osborn. New York, The Columbia university press[c1910] url p. 249.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: New York, Columbia University Press[c1910] url .
- A naturalist in the Great Lakes region, by Elliot Rowland Downing. .. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press[c1922] url .
- A preliminary list of the vascular flora of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania / by John A. Shaffer. Pittsburgh?: Carnegie Institute Museum?, 1901? url p. 126.
- A rambler's lease / by Bradford Torrey. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1894. url p. 66.
- A rambler's lease, by Bradford Torrey. Boston and New York: Houghton, Mifflin and company, 1889. url p. 66.
- A systematic catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to or growing wild in Ceylon. Colombo: G. J. A. Skeen, 1885. url .
- A text-book of botany / London; Macmillan, 1898. url .
- A text-book of botany, by Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. Fritz Noll. .. [and] Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1908. url p. 460.
- A textbook of botany for colleges / by William F. Ganong. New York: Macmillan, 1927. url p. 503, p. 504, p. 505.
- A textbook of botany for colleges and universities, by. .. John Merle Coulter. .. Charles Reid Barnes. .. Henry Chandler Cowles. .. Cincinnati [etc.]: American book company, [1910-11] url p. 124.
- A textbook of botany for colleges. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 503, p. 504, p. 505.
- A university text-book of botany. New York, Macmillan, 1910. url p. 304, p. 307.
- A vegetation index of biotic integrity for small-order streams in southwest Montana and a floristic quality assessment for western Montana wetlands / [Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005]. url .
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 110, p. 113, p. 119, p. 120, p. 124, p. 140, p. 148, p. 15, p. 17, p. 18, p. 181, p. 19, p. 22, p. 22, p. 23, p. 26, p. 26, p. 262, p. 27, p. 29, p. 43, p. 48, p. 49, p. 5, p. 51, p. 52, p. 52, p. 55, p. 6, p. 61, p. 72, p. 78, p. 82, p. 87, p. 9, p. 99, tbl II.
- Agricultural botany: Philadelphia, J. W. Moore;1847. url p. 238.
- Alaska / Harriman Alaska Expedition. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1901-1910. url p. 392.
- Alaska. New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1901- url p. 392.
- An ecological survey in northern Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Chas. C. Adams. A report from the University museum, University of Michigan, published by the state Board of geological survey as a part of the report for 1905. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford co., state printers, 1906. url p. 77, p. 87.
- An ecological survey of Isle Royale, Lake Superior. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford Co., State Printers, 1909. url , .
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property, and of the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of by J.C. Loudon. London: Longmans, Green, 1871. url p. 111.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 711.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 43, p. 44.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 48.
- An introduction to botany. By John Lindley. London, Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1848. url p. 279.
- An introduction to the study of botany, including a treatise on vegetable physiology, and descriptions of the most common plants in the middle and northern states. By J.L. Comstock. .. New York, Pratt, Woodford, Farmer & Brace, 1856 [c1854] url p. 452.
- An outline of plant geography, by Douglas Houghton Campbell. New York, The Macmillan company, 1926. url p. 232, p. 240, p. 382.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 44.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 126, p. 324.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 37, p. 38.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 9 1898 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 111.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 160, p. 459, p. 459, p. 72.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1916-1921. url p. 91, p. 92, p. 93, p. 94.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 143.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 295.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 626.
- Annual report of the Regents of the University on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History, with catalogues of the same. Albany, N.Y.: The University, 1848-1873. url p. 49.
- Annual report of the regents of the university of the state of New York on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History and the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 35.
- Annual report of the secretary of the State Horticultural Society of Michigan. Lansing: The Society, 1881- url p. 53.
- Annual report on the New York State Museum of Natural History. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 80.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 4.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 175.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 1 - 10 1908 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 11, p. 120, p. 20, p. 34, p. 37.
- Beginners' botany, New York, The Macmillan company, 1909. url .
- Biochemical systematics [by] Ralph E. Alston [and] B. L. Turner. Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall url p. 178.
- Botanica neglecta. William Young, jr. (of Philadelphia) "botaniste de Pensylvanie" and his long-forgotten book; being a facsimile reprint of his "Catalogue d'arbres arbustes et plantes herbacees d'Amerique" pub. in Pari With prefatory account of the author and critical notes by the ed., Samuel N. Rhoads. Philadelphia: Priv. print, 1916. url p. 40.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 40.
- Botany for high schools and colleges. New York: H. Holt, 1885. url .
- Botany of the United States north of Virginia; comprising descriptions of the flowering and fern-like plants hitherto found in those states. By Lewis C. Beck. New York, Harper & brothers, 1856. url p. 468.
- Botany. New York, Holt, 1889. url p. 572.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 25 1936 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 1.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 51, p. 52, p. 53.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 153, p. 52, p. 626.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 140, p. 201, p. 26.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 57.
- Bulletin / University of Montana. Missoula: University of Montana, 1901-1910. url p. 8.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 170.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1914 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 312.
- Bulletin of the Philosophical Society of Washington. 25 1883 Washington, D.C.: Published by the co-operation of the Smithsonian Institution, [1874- url p. 107.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 30 1903 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 124, p. 149, p. 165, p. 188, p. 189, p. 29, p. 304, p. 33, p. 35, p. 363, p. 366, p. 522, p. 55, p. 551, p. 559, p. 560, p. 562, p. 565, p. 57, p. 657, p. 694, p. 74.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 6.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 830.
- Bulletin of the scientific laboratories of Denison University. Granville, Ohio: [The University], 1885- url p. 22.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 57.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url .
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 20.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 135.
- Catalogue of North American plants of Mexico, exclusive of the lower cryptogams by A.A. Heller. [S.l.: s.n.], 1898. url .
- Catalogue of plants which have been found growing without cultivation in the park and its outlying territories collected, mounted and catalogued for the plant herbarium in the superintendent's office at Niagara Falls, Ontario / by Roderick Cameron. Niagara Falls, Ont.?: s.n., 1896? url , .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 42, p. 48, p. 487, p. 736.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 42, p. 487, p. 736.
- Catalogue of the cabinet of natural history of the state of New York, and of the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, C. Van Benthuysen, printer, 1853. url .
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 31.
- Catalogue of the phanerogams and ferns of Licking County, Ohio. Granville, Ohio, Press of Granville Times, 1892. url .
- Check list of Canadian plants by James M. Macoun. [Ottawa?: s.n.], 1889 url .
- Check list of Canadian plants, by James Macoun. Ottawa, Printed by Cunningham & Lindsay, 1889. url p. 68.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 5.
- Class-book of botany: being outlines of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants: with a flora of the United States and Canada / by Alphonso Wood. New York: A.S. Barnes & Co.; 1874, c1869. url p. 811.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 349, p. 643.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url .
- Contributions from the Hull Botanical Laboratory. [Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1895- url p. 55, p. 56, p. 66, p. 67, p. 71, p. 73.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 22 1920-1927 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 245, p. 268, p. 271, p. 283, p. 328, p. 59, p. 86, p. 87.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 4.
- Contributions to the flora of Venezuela / Julian A. Steyermark and collaborators. 28 1957 Chicago, Ill.: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1957. url p. 756.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url .
- Dictionary of arts, manufactures, and mines containing a clear exposition of their principles and practice by Robert Hunt, assisted by F.W. Rudler. London, Longmans, 1875-78. url p. 16.
- Dutch N. W. New Guinea. A contribution to the phytogeography and flora of the Arfak mountains, & c. By L. S. Gibbs. London: Taylor and Francis, 1917. url p. 77.
- Embryogenesis in plants. London, Methuen; url p. 101.
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J. W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url p. 18.
- English botany, or, coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: G. Bell, 1873. url p. 18.
- Essentials of college botany / by Charles E. Bessey and Ernest A. Bessey. New York: Henry Holt and Company, c1914. url p. 267.
- Essentials of college botany, by Charles E. Bessey. .. and Ernst A. Bessey. .. 8th ed. of The essentials of botany entirely rewritten; with 260 diagrammatic illustrations. New York, H. Holt, [c1914] url p. 267.
- FLORA OF RUSSIA A.A.Balkema Publishers url p. 75.
- Facts relating to the history of Groton, Massachusetts, by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 5.
- Familiar life in field and forest; the animals, birds, frogs, and salamanders. New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1898. url .
- Ferns and fern allies of Canada / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1989. url p. 30, p. 31, p. 316, p. 32, p. 48, p. 6.
- Ferns and fern allies of Guatemala. Robert G. Stolze. 12 1983 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1983. url p. 28.
- Field, forest, and garden botany; a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated, by Asa Gray. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company url p. 502.
- Field, forest, and wayside flowers; with chapters on grasses, sedges, and ferns; untechnical studies for unlearned lovers of nature, New York, The Baker and Taylor Company url .
- First biennial report of the progress of the Geological survey of Michigan, embracing observations on the geology, zoo?logy and botany of the lower peninsula. Made to the governor, December 31, 1860. Lansing, Hosmer & Kerr, printers to the state, 1861. url .
- First course in biology / by L.H. Bailey and Walter M. Coleman. Toronto: Macmillan, 1910. url p. 204, p. 204.
- First course in biology / by L.H. Liberty. New York:The Macmillan Co., 1908. url p. 204, p. 204.
- Flora boreali-Americana, or, The botany of the northern parts of British America compiled principally from the plants collected by Dr. Richardson & Mr. Drummond on the late northern expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. to which are added (by permission of by Sir William Jackson Hooker. London: H.G. Bohn, 1840. url .
- Flora cestrica: an herborizing companion for the young botanists of Chester County...Pennsylvania. Philadelphia, Lindsay & Blakiston, 1853. url p. 400.
- Flora montana formosae; an enumeration of plants found on Mt. Morrison, the central chain and other mountainous regions of Formosa at altitudes of 3, 000-13, 000 ft. By B. Hayata. Tokyo, The University, 1908. url p. 241.
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 8.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 1021, p. 1130, p. 64.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 25.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, by L. L. Dame and F. S. Collins. Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url p. 138, p. 138.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 82.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 191, p. 75.
- Flora of Willoughby, Vermont / George G. Kennedy. Boston: [s.n.], 1904. url p. 102.
- Flora of Willoughby, Vermont. [By] George G. Kennedy. Boston, 1904. url p. 102.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 11.
- Flora of the Blue Hills, Middlesex Fells, Stony Brook and Beaver Brook reservations, of the Metropolitan Park Commission, Massachusetts. Boston: C.M. Barrows, 1896. url p. 114.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 59.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 35.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 108, p. 12, p. 131, p. 133, p. 555.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 1054.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url , .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 14.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 21, p. 22, p. 27.
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 86.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 87.
- Florist's manual. .. [Boston]1833. url p. 253.
- Florula Bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 413.
- Florula bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 413.
- Flowers and ferns in their haunts, by Mabel Osgood Wright with illustrations from photographs by the author and J. Horace McFarland. London, The Macmillan company, 1901. url p. 466.
- Fossil plants: for students of botany and geology / Cambridge: University Press, 1898-1919. url .
- From Tonkin to India by the sources of the Irawadi, January '95-January '96. By Prince Henri d'Orléans. Tr. by Hamley Bent, M. A. illustrated by G. Vuillier. .. N.Y.: Dodd, 1898. url p. 431.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url .
- Grand Rapids flora: a catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids, Mich., A. Van Dort, 1901. url p. 18, p. 6.
- Gray's school and field book of botany. Consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume. New York, American book company, 1901?, c1887 url p. 502.
- Growth of plants; twenty years' research at Boyce Thompson Institute. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp., 1948. url p. 435, p. 455.
- Guide to the study of common plants. An introduction to botany. Boston, D. C. Heath, [c1895] url .
- Handbook of practical botany for the botanical laboratory and private student / by E. Strasburger; translated and edited from the German with many additional notes by W. Hillhouse. London: Macmillan, 1900. url , p. 172, p. 176, p. 177, p. 517.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 209, p. 56.
- Harriman Alaska series. City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1910-1914. url p. 392.
- Harriman Alaska series. vol. I-V, VIII-XIV Washington, D.C., Smithsonian Institution, 1910-14 url p. 392.
- Heredity and evolution in plants, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co., 1920. url .
- Heredity and evolution in plants. Philadelphia, Blakiston, 1920. url p. 128.
- Hooker, J. D. The botany of the Antarctic voyage of H.M. discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the Years 1839-1843: under the command of Captain Sir James Clark Ross /by Joseph Dalton Hooker. London: Reeve Brothers, 1844-60. url p. 112.
- How crops feed. A treatise on the atmosphere and the soil as related to the nutrition of agricultural plants. By Samuel W. Johnson. New York, Orange Judd and company url p. 140.
- How crops feed; a treatise on the atmosphere and the soil as related to the nutrition of agricultural plants. New York, O. Judd, 1895. url p. 140.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 50.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 389, p. 716.
- Iowa parks. Conservation of Iowa historic, scenic and scientific areas. Also, a description of numerous areas suitable for public state parks, with reasons for their preservation. Report of the State board of con Pub. by the state of Iowa. Des Moines url p. 76.
- Iowa parks. Des Moines url p. 76.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 84.
- Journal of applied microscopy. Rochester, N.Y.: Publication Dept., Bausch & Lomb Optical Co., [1898-1900] url p. 346.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 29 1891 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 118, p. 178, p. 186, p. 216, p. 251, p. 262, p. 282, p. 29, p. 295, p. 301, p. 317, p. 321, p. 322, p. 323, p. 388, p. 389, p. 389, p. 391, p. 432, p. 84.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 19 1999 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 183.
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url p. 127, p. 136.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 25 1924 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 143, p. 200, p. 294, p. 71.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url , , , p. 196, p. 201, p. 597, p. 603, p. 650, p. 68, p. 865.
- Laboratory and field manual of botany, Boston, Ginn & company[c1907] url .
- Lachesis lapponica; or, A tour in Lapland, now first published from the original manuscript journal of. .. Linnaeus; by James Edward Smith. .. London: White and Cochrane, 1811. url p. 235.
- Lake Superior: its physical character, vegetation, and animals, compared with those of other and similar regions. By Louis Agassiz. With a narrative of the tour, by J. Elliot Cabot. And contributions by other scientific gentlemen. .. Boston, Gould, Kendall and Lincoln, 1850. url p. 168.
- Lectures on plant physiology / by Ludwig Jost; authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 86.
- Lectures on plant physiology / translated by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 86.
- Lectures on plant physiology. Authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 23, p. 86.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 16.
- List of plants collected by Mr. J. B. Tyrrell in the Klondike region in 1899 John Macoun. Ottawa?: s.n., 1899? url .
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , p. 124, p. 127, p. 150.
- Malayan fern allies. Handbook to the determination of the fern allies of the Malayan islands (incl. those of the Malay peninsula, the Philippines and New Guinea). By Capt. C.R.W.K. van Alderwerelt van Rosenburgh. Pub. by the Dept. of agriculture, industry and commerce, Netherlands India. Batavia: Landsdrukkerij, 1915. url p. 46, p. 49, p. 52.
- Malayan fern allies: handbook to the determination of the fern allies of the Malayan Islands (incl. those of the Malay Peninsula, the Philippines and New Guinea) / by C.R.W.K. van Alderwerelt van Rosenburgh. Batavia [Djakarta]: Landsdrukkerij, 1915. url p. 46, p. 49, p. 52.
- Malayan ferns. Handbook to the determination of the ferns of The Malayan islands (incl. those of the Malay Peninsula, the Philippines and New Guinea) Batavia, Landsdrukkerij, 1908. url p. 561.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 1055, p. 26.
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 163, p. 200, p. 216, p. 218, p. 23, p. 230, p. 255, p. 260, p. 283, p. 452, p. 64, p. 96.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 16, p. 169, p. 271.
- Memoirs read before the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston, [Boston Society of Natural History]1862-1946. url p. 272.
- Menzies' journal of Vancouver's voyage, April to October, 1792 / edited with botanical and ethnological notes, by C.F. Newcombe and a biographical note by J. Forsyth. Victoria, B.C.: Printed by W.H. Cullin, 1923. url p. 139.
- Michigan flora. Prepared for the thirtieth annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture, by W. J. Beal and C. F. Wheeler. Lansing: R. Smith & co., printers, 1892 url p. 20.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url p. 17, p. 17, p. 38, p. 38.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url , , p. 246.
- Miramichi wild flowers by R. Mackenzie. Montreal: J. Lovell, 1887. url .
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 169, p. 19, p. 80.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1964 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 33.
- Miscellaneous publications / University of Michigan, Museum of Zoology. Ann Arbor, Mich.: The University, 1916- url p. 6.
- Mycotrophy in plants; lectures on the biology of mycorrhizae and related structures. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Co., 1950. url p. 186.
- Narrative of a journey to the shores of the Polar Sea, in the years 1819, 20, 21, and 22 by John Franklin. London: J. Murray, 1823. url .
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 251.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 510.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 270.
- New England ferns and their common allies; an easy method of determining the species, Boston, Houghton, Mifflin and Co., 1904. url .
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 42, p. 74.
- Nomenclature of plants; a text for the application by the case method of the International code of botanical nomenclature. New York, Ronald Press Co. url p. 109.
- Notes on western range forbs: Equisetaceae through Fumariaceae / by William A. Dayton. Washington, D.C.: Forest Service, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1960. url p. 243, p. 6.
- Observations on the flora of Japan. Tokyo, 1901-1914. url p. 89.
- Organography of plants, especially of the Archegoniata and Spermaphyta, by Dr. K. Goebel. .. authorized English ed. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. .. Oxford, Clarendon press, 1900-05. url , p. 100, p. 103, p. 104, p. 105, p. 107, p. 113, p. 249, p. 252, p. 253, p. 94.
- Outlines of classification and special morphology of plants, by K. Goebel. A new ed. of Sachs' Text-book of botany, book II, authorized English translation by Henry E. F. Garnsey; rev. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. With 407 woodcuts. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1887. url p. 277, p. 277, p. 504, p. 504.
- Part I. The living flora of West Virginia, by C. F. Millspaugh. Part II. The fossil flora of West Virginia, by David White. Wheeling, Wheeling news litho. co., 1913 url p. 18.
- Pharmazeutische Waarenkunde, von Dr. Otto Berg. Berlin, R. Gaertner, 1863. url p. 238, p. 493.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 17, p. 19.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 130, p. 34, p. 46, p. 60.
- Plant materials of decorative gardening; the woody plants. Urbana, The author, 1921. url p. 3.
- Plant morphogenesis. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1960. url p. 171.
- Plant morphology. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1953. url p. 226, p. 229.
- Plant physiology; authorized English translation by R. J. HarveyGibson; supplement incorporating the alterations of the 2d ed. of the German original. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1913. url p. 86.
- Plant sociology; the study of plant communities; authorized English translation of Pflanzensoziologie, by Dr. J. Braun-Blanquet. Translated, revised and edited by George D. Fuller and Henry S. Conard. New York and London, McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1932. url p. 66.
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 124, p. 124.
- Potter's cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R.C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke,  url p. 123.
- Preliminary catalog of Anthophyta and Pteridophyta, reported as growing spontaneously within one hundred miles of New York City. New York, 1888. url p. 72.
- Principles of botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen and Bradley M. Davis. Boston; Ginn & Company, c1906. url p. 332, p. 332.
- Principles of botany, by Joseph Y. Bergen. .. and Bradley M. Davis. ... Boston, Ginn & company[c1906] url p. 332.
- Proceedings - California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 28.
- Proceedings - Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences. Staten Island, N.Y., Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences. url p. 156.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 461, p. 461.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url , p. 385, p. 412, p. 413, p. 414.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 132, p. 132, p. 68.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 28, p. 578.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of London. London, Published for the Linnean Society of London by Academic Press [etc.], 1848-1968. url p. 122, p. 166, p. 51, p. 52.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 647.
- Profile characteristics of New England forest soils / New Haven: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1932. url p. 833.
- Pteridophyta of Peru. Rolla M. Tryon, Robert G. Stolze; with the collaboration of: R. James Hickey, Benjamin Øllgaard. 34 1994 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1994. url p. 52, p. 57.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 191.
- Publications in botany / Ottawa: The Museum, 1969- url p. 91.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, Office of the Regents, 1871-1888 url p. 80, p. 80.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 112, p. 139, p. 201.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , , p. 52.
- Report on the flora of St. Andrews, N.B. / by James Fowler. Ottawa: Printed by S.E. Dawson, 1902 url p. 48.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 246.
- Roosevelt wild life bulletin. .. of the Roosevelt Life Forest Experiment Station of the New York College of Forestry at Syracuse University. Syracuse, N.Y.: The University, c1922- url p. 284.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 365, p. 665, p. 710, p. 901.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 21.
- Some unusual natural areas in Illinois and a few of their plants. Urbana, 1963. url p. 30.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 293.
- Sport in Norway, and where to find it. Together with a short account of the vegetable productions of the country. To which is added, a list of the Alpine flora of the Dovre fjeld and of the Norwegian ferns, &c. By M. R. Barnard. .. London, Chapman and Hall, 1864. url p. 320.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 193, p. 72, p. 93.
- Status review of Botrychium minganense, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Lolo National Forest / prepared by Peter L. Achuff. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 6.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 499, p. 526.
- Studies in fossil botany / London, A. and C. Black, 1909. url .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 101, p. 137, p. 19, p. 23, p. 3, p. 84.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 149, p. 150, p. 520.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 197, p. 290, p. 317.
- The American journal of science. 44 1843 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 197, p. 47, p. 585, p. 586, p. 81.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 144, p. 282.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 223, p. 357, p. 434, p. 434.
- The Asa Gray bulletin. 3 1955-1961 Ann Arbor, Mich. url p. 111.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 75 1961 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 112, p. 114, p. 160, p. 173, p. 177, p. 196, p. 2, p. 211, p. 261, p. 279, p. 280, p. 288, p. 317, p. 338, p. 380, p. 420, p. 437, p. 449, p. 450, p. 530, p. 558, p. 60, p. 663, p. 74, p. 775, p. 86, p. 98.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 21.
- The Canadian naturalist and quarterly journal of science: with proceedings of the Natural History Society of Montreal. Montreal: Dawson, 1869-1883. url p. 319.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal: Natural History Society, 1884-1916. url , p. 282.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 1306, p. 38, p. 751, p. 837, p. 888.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 345.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 156, p. 87, p. 87.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 782, p. 997.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , p. 139, p. 18, p. 217, p. 25, p. 52, p. 56.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 132.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 241.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 172.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 11 1871 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 290, p. 422.
- The Magazine of horticulture, botany, and all useful discoveries and improvements in rural affairs. Boston: Hovey and Co., 1837- url p. 568.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 148.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 132, p. 293, p. 417.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 217, p. 217, p. 65, p. 65, p. 94.
- The Philippine journal of science. 2 1907 Manila. url p. 150, p. 324, p. 68, p. 71, p. 74, p. 75.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 593.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 103, p. 1061, p. 34, p. 99.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 151.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 429.
- The Tennessee flora; with special reference to the flora of Nashville. Phaenogams and vascular cryptogams, by August Gattinger. Nashville, Tenn.The author, 1887. url p. 104.
- The Victoria history of the county of Worcester. .. Westminster, [A. Constable and company, limited]1901-24. url p. 42, p. 45.
- The cultivated evergreens; a handbook of the coniferous and most important broad-leaved evergreens planted for ornament in the United States and Canada, edited by L. H. Bailey. London, Macmillan & co., ltd., 1923. url p. 396.
- The essentials of botany, New York, H. Holt and company[c1914] url .
- The essentials of botany. New York, Holt[c1884] url .
- The essentials of botany. New York: Holt[c1896] url .
- The essentials of college botany, by Charles E. Bessey and Ernest A. Bessey. New York, H. Holt[c1914] url p. 267.
- The fern allies of North America north of Mexico, New York, F. A. Stokes company url p. 262, p. 74, p. 91, p. 92, p. 94, p. 96, p. 97, p. viii.
- The flora of Canada collected by A.M. Ross. Toronto: Rowsell & Hutchison, 1875. url .
- The flora of Disko Island and the adjacent coast of West Greenland from 66-71 N. lat.: with remarks on phytogeography, ecology, flowering, fructification and hibernation / by Morten P. Porsild; assisted by A. Erling Porsild. København: B. Lunos bogt., 1920 [i.e. 1926]- url p. 28, p. 28.
- The flora of Essex County, Massachusetts. Salem, Essex Institute, 1880. url .
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of Scott and Muscatine counties. By W.D. Barnes, Fred Reppert [and] A.A. Miller. Davenport, Iowa, 1901 url p. 280.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 31.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 230.
- The medicinal, poisonous, and dietetic properties of the cryptogamic plants of the United States: being a report made to the American Medical Association at its sessions held in Richmond, Va., and St. Louis, Mo. / by Francis Peyre Porcher. New York: [s.n.], 1854 url p. 10.
- The micrographic dictionary; a guide to the examination and investigation of the structure and nature of microscopic objects, by J. W. Griffith and Arthur Henfrey. London, J. Van Voorst, 1883. url p. 482.
- The miscellaneous botanical works of Robert Brown vol. II, containing III. systematic memoirs, and IV. contributions to systematic works. London: Published for the Ray Society by R. Hardwicke, 1867. url .
- The morphology of pteridophytes; the structure of ferns and allied plants. London, Hutchinson University Library url p. 63.
- The native flora of the vicinity of Cold Spring Harbor, L.I., New York. n.p., 1925 url p. 118.
- The natural history and topography of Groton, Massachusetts / by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 5.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 148.
- The orchids in the Ottawa District: floristics, phytogeography, population studies and historical review / Joyce M. Reddoch and Allan H. Reddoch. 111 1997 Ottawa, Canada: The Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club,  url p. 160, p. 86.
- The origin of a land flora, a theory based upon the facts of alternation, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1908. url , .
- The origin of a land flora: a theory based upon the facts of alternation / by F. O. Bower. With numerous illustrations. London: Macmillan, 1908. url p. 210, p. 341.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 158, p. 285, p. 390.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 16, p. 46.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url .
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 143.
- The plants of southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 143.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 10, p. 1181, p. 1933.
- The structure and development of mosses and ferns (Archegoniatae) / by Douglas Houghton Campbell. New York: Macmillan, 1928 [c1905] url p. 493, p. 497, p. 650.
- The vascular flora of the eastern Penobscot Bay region, Maine. [Portland, Maine, 1919. url p. 212.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , .
- The vines of northeastern America / by Charles S. Newhall. New York: Putnam, 1897. url .
- The vines of northeastern America; New York [etc.]G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1897. url .
- Through glade and mead; a contribution to local natural history, Worcester, Mass., Putnam, Davis and Company, [c1894] url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 1, p. 118, p. 129, p. 153, p. 162, p. 165, p. 166, p. 20, p. 211, p. 230, p. 287, p. 307, p. 5, p. 55, p. 57, p. 57, p. 58, p. 62, p. 76.
- Transactions - Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 61.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 110, p. 111, p. 198, p. 2, p. 200, p. 215, p. 231, p. 273, p. 287, p. 300, p. 301, p. 94.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 7 1904-1913 London. url p. 21, p. 29, p. 31.
- Transactions of the Sapporo Natural History Society. Sapporo, Japan, Sapporo Natural History Society, Hokkaido Imperial University. url p. 153, p. 153, p. 168.
- Transactions of the State Agricultural Society. .. Lansing: The Society, 1850-1856. url p. 412.
- Trends and silvicultural significance of upland forest successions in southern New England, New Haven, Yale University, 1928 url p. 19, p. 23, p. 67.
- Tundra biome research in Alaska: the structure and function of cold-dominated ecosystems / Jerry Brown and George C. West. [College, Alaska]: U.S. Tundra Biome-Analysis Ecosystem, International Biological Program, 1970. url p. 109.
- War history of Division of Chemistry. Ottawa[1914-] url p. 90.
- Wild flowers of the North American mountains. New York, McBride, 1917. url p. 373, p. 58.
- Øllgaard, B. 1990. Lycopodiaceae. In: K. Kubitzki et al., eds. 1990+. The Families and Genera of Vascular Plants. 1+ vol. Berlin etc. Vol. 1, pp. 31--39.
- Øllgaard, B. 1987. A revised classification of the Lycopodiaceae s. lat. Opera Bot. 92: 153--178.
- Øllgaard, B. 1989. Index of the Lycopodiaceae. Biol. Skr. 34: 1--135.
- Wagner, W. H. Jr. and J. M. Beitel. 1992. Generic classification of modern North American Lycopodiaceae. Ann. Missouri Bot. Gard. 79: 676--686.
- Wagner, F. S. 1992. Cytological problems in Lycopodium sens. lat. Ann. Missouri Bot. Gard. 79: 718--729.
- Wagner, W. H. Jr. 1993. A new combination for a North American lycopod. Novon 3: 305.
- Hickey, R. J. 1977. The Lycopodium obscurum complex in North America. Amer. Fern J. 67: 45--49.
- Wagner, W. H. Jr., J. M. Beitel, and R. C. Moran. 1989. Lycopodium hickeyi: A new species of North American clubmoss. Amer. Fern J. 79: 119--121.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 11, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 27, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 25 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- The International Plant Names Index. Accessed Dec 27, 2011.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 15, 2007:
- Australian National Herbarium
- , Australian National Herbarium
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Bundesamt für Naturschutz / Zentralstelle für Phytodiversität Deutschland, Bundesamt fuer Naturschutz / Zentralstelle fuer Phytodiversitaet Deutschland
- Canadian Museum of Nature, Canadian Museum of Nature Herbarium
- Herbario SANT, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, SANT herbarium vascular plant collection
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- Taiwan Biodiversity Information Facility, Magnoliophyta
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum, Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- University of Washington Burke Museum, Vascular Plant Collection - University of Washington Herbarium
- inatura - Erlebnis Naturschau Dornbirn, inatura - Erlebnis Naturschau Dornbirn
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2644343
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-17025
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13728729
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:320264-2
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 147262-2
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 2669568
- Warren H. Wagner Jr. & Joseph M. Beitel "Lycopodiaceae". in Flora of North America Vol. 2. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Lycopodium". in Flora of North America Vol. 2. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 407.910 meters (1,338.287 feet), Standard Deviation = 484.310 based on 2,076 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]