Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Common Club Moss, Common Club-Moss, Elk-Moss, Ground-Pine, Running Club-Moss, Running Clubmoss, Running Ground Pine, Running Pine, Running-Pine, Stag's-Horn Clubmoss, Staghorn Club-Moss
Common Names in French:
Lycopode à Massue
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Romanian:
Common Names in unspecified:
Common Club Moss, Running Clubmoss
, on rock, or epiphytic. Roots
emerging near origin
, or growing through cortex and emergent some distance
from origin. Horizontal stems present or absent, mainly protostelic, in some species becoming actino- or plectostelic, on substrate surface or subterranean
, or forming stolons. Upright shoots
or branched, usually conspicuously leafy at least at base
; abscising gemmae formed by reduced lateral
shoots. Lateral shoots present or absent, simple or branched, branching pattern
dichotomous and sometimes pseudomonopodial; leaves uniform
or trimorphic. Upright and lateral shoots round
or flat in cross
; leaves on subterranean parts flat, appressed
, nonphotosynthetic, and scalelike; leaves on aerial
parts appressed, ascending
, or spreading
, with 1 central unbranched vein
, needlelike to lanceolate to ovate
to dense and imbricate, with or without basal and/or mucilage canals. Strobili sessile or stalked
, upright, nodding
, or pendent. Sporangia solitary, adaxial
near leaf base or axillary
leaves (sporophylls) unmodified and photosynthetic to much modified, nonphotosynthetic, reduced, and aggregated in strobili; sporangia reniform to globose
, thick-walled with hundreds
of spores, outer walls variously modified. Spores all 1 kind, trilete, thick-walled, surfaces pitted
to small-grooved, rugulate, or reticulate
. Gametophytes subterranean and nonphotosynthetic or surficial
Genera 10--15, species 350--400 (7 genera, 27 species in the flora ) : worldwide.
The Lycopodiaceae are an extremely diverse , ancient family . The family may contain even more than the estimated 400 species because the tropical members and the very large genus Phlegmariurus are still poorly known. The relationships among genera of Lycopodiaceae are not well understood because large evolutionary gaps exist among most genera. Some of the genera, notably Diphasiastrum, Huperzia, and Lycopodiella, exhibit extensive interspecific hybridization, which has caused much taxonomic confusion in the past. Differences in expressions of many of the generic characters are subtle, and some of the characters are microscopic.
emerging from point
on underside of main stems
. Horizontal stems on substrate surface or subterranean
, long-creeping. Upright shoots
along horizontal stem, 5--16 mm diam., round
or flat in cross
, unbranched or with 1--4 lateral
. Leaves not imbricate, linear
to linear-lanceolate; leaves on horizontal stems scattered, appressed
, membranous; leaves on lateral branchlets mostly 6-ranked or more, monomorphic
with few exceptions, appressed, ascending
entire to dentate
branchlets and gemmae absent. Strobili single and sessile or multiple
, apex blunt
to acute; peduncle, when present, conspicuously leafy; sporophylls extremely reduced, much shorter than peduncle or stem leaves. Sporangia reniform
. Spores reticulate
, sides at equator convex
acute. Gametophytes nonphotosynthetic, mycorrhizal, subterranean, flat and irregularly button-shaped, with ring
meristem around circumference. x
Species 15--25: mainly temperate and subarctic .
In striking contrast to Diphasiastrum, Huperzia, and Lycopodiella, interspecific hybridization is practically unknown in Lycopodium. Many of the species now recognized in Lycopodium have been segregated from Lycopodium clavatum, L. annotinum, and L. jussiaei Desvaux ex Poiret. The three groups given in the key below should probably be treated as subgenera .
Species Lycopodium clavatum
Horizontal stems on substrate surface. Upright shoots
0.6--1.2 cm diam., dominant main shoot with 3--6 branches mostly
in lower 1/2. Lateral
few and like upright shoots; annual
bud constrictions abrupt
, branchlets mostly spreading
. Leaves spreading,
often somewhat ascending
in distal 1/3 of branches, medium green,
, 4--6 X
0.4--0.8 mm; margins
entire; apex with narrow hair
Peduncles 3.5--12.5 cm, with remote
leaves, loosely branched into 2--5 alternate stalks
cm. Strobili 2--5 on alternate stalks (if double
, usually with stalks
5--8 mm), 15--25 X 3--6 mm. Sporophylls 1.5--2.5 mm, apex abruptly
reduced to hair tip. 2 n = 68. [source]
Plants found in eastern North America have been called Lycopodium clavatum var. clavatum ; those in the western part of the range , which have been called L. clavatum var. integrifolium Goldie, are distinguished by early shedding of the characteristic hairs on the leaf tips. [source]
Lycopodium dendroideum group [source]
Habit: Subshrub , Shrub
Fields and woods ; 100--1800 m .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,936 meters (0 to 16,194 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Dumortier, 1829
- Palisot de Beauvois ex Mirbel, in Lamarck & Mirbel, 1802
- club mosses
- C. Linnaeus, 1753
- Club-moss [Greek lykos, wolf, and pous, podes, foot; in reference to the resemblance of the branch tips to a wolf's paw]
- Specific epithet:
- Botanical name: - Lycopodium clavatum L.
- Specific epithet: clavatum - L.
- Genus: Lycopodium () - C. Linnaeus, 1753 - Club-moss [Greek lykos, wolf, and pous, podes, foot; in reference to the resemblance of the branch tips to a wolf's paw]
- Family: Lycopodiaceae () - Palisot de Beauvois ex Mirbel, in Lamarck & Mirbel, 1802 - club mosses
- Order: Lycopodiales () - Dumortier, 1829
- Class: Lycopodiopsida () - Bartl.
- Infraphylum: Lycophytae () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Subphylum: Lycophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Lepidotis clavata (L.) P. Beauv. • Lycopodium clavatum var. laurentianum Victorin • Lycopodium clavatum var. subremotum Victorin • Lycopodium clavatum var. tristachyum Hook.
Publishing author : L. Publication : Sp. Pl. 2: 1101 1753 [1 May 1753]
Members of the genus Lycopodium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 51 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
L. alpinum (Alpine Club Moss) · L. annotinum (Clubmoss) · L. annotinum f. groen;andicum (Clubmoss) · L. annotinum pungens (Stiff Clubmoss) · L. apodum (Meadow Spike Moss) · L. argenteum (Northern Sennet) · L. carinatum (Club Moss) · L. cernua (Lycopodium) · L. circinale (Blackfin Barracuda) · L. clavatum (Common Club Moss) · L. clavatum contiguum (Staghorn Club-Moss) · L. clavatum f. brevipedunculatum (Staghorn Club-Moss) · L. clavatum f. incurvum (Common Club Moss) · L. clavatum f. robustinus (Staghorn Club-Moss) · L. clavatum var. aristatum (Staghorn Club-Moss) · L. clavatum var. clavatum (Running Clubmoss) · L. clavatum var. raddianum (Staghorn Club-Moss) · L. complanatum (Plants) · L. complanatum complanatum (American Clubmoss) · L. complanatum f. canadense (Christmas Green) · L. dendroideum (Tree Groundpine) · L. deuterodensum (Bushy Clubmoss) · L. digitatum (Fan Club-Moss) · L. douglasii (Douglas' Spikemoss) · L. fastigiatum (Mountain Clubmoss) · L. habereri (Haberer's Clubmoss) · L. hickeyi (Hickey's Clubmoss) · L. issleri (Issler's Clubmoss) · L. lagopus (One-Cone Clubmoss) · L. longifolium (Pacific Threadfin) · L. lycopodiella (Lycopodiella) · L. mirabile (Thread-Fishes) · L. nudum (Clubmosses) · L. obscurum (Ground Pine) · L. obscurum f. dendroideum (Flat-Branch Tree Club-Moss) · L. obscurum f. foliaceum (Flat-Branch Tree Club-Moss) · L. obscurum f. parvispicatum (Ground Pine) · L. phlegmaria (Queensland Tassel-Fern) · L. proniflorum (Mullet) · L. pungens (Stiff Clubmoss) · L. sabinaefolium sitchense (Sitka Clubmoss) · L. sabinifolium (Ground-Fir) · L. scariosum (Spreading Clubmoss) · L. sitchense (Alaskan Clubmoss) · L. tristachyum (Deep-Root Clubmoss) · L. venustulum (Hairtip Clubmoss) · L. volubile (Climbing Clubmoss) · L. x habereri (Hybrid) · L. × issleri (Issler's Clubmoss) · L. x zeilleri (Zeiller's Clubmoss) · L. zeilleri (Deeproot Clubmoss)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Flora of Glacier National Park, Montana, by Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921. url , p. 245, p. 271.
- A Floral and faunal inventory of the eastern slopes of the Réserve naturelle intégrale d'Andringitra, Madagascar: with reference to elevational variation / Steven M. Goodman, editor. 85 1996 [Chicago, Ill.]: Field Museum of Natural History, c1996. url table 5-1 , p. 56, p. 77, p. 80.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 333, p. 73.
- A botanical exploration of the north shore of the gulf of St. Lawrence including an annotated list of the species of vascular plants, Ottawa, F. A. Acland, printer, 1922. url p. 19, p. 27, p. 59.
- A botanical survey of the Galapagos Islands, by Alban Stewart. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences, 1911. url p. 15, p. 28.
- A botanical survey of the Sugar Grove region / by Robert F. Griggs. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 307.
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and vascular cryptogams, found in and near Lackawanna and Wyoming valleys, by William R. Dudley...and Charles O. Thurston...1892. Wilkes-Barre, Pa., E. B. Yordy, 1892. url .
- A century of progress in the natural sciences, 1853-1953. San Francisco, 1955. url p. 316, p. 319.
- A college text-book of Botany, being an enlargement of the author's "Elementary Botany." New York, Holt, 1905. url p. 285.
- A college text-book of botany: being an enlargement of the author's "Elementary botany, " / by George Francis Atkinson. New York: Henry Holt and Company1905. url p. 285.
- A college text-book of botany; being an enlargement of the author's "Elementary botany." New York: Holt, 1908 [c1905] url p. 285.
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 142.
- A contribution to the phytogeography and flora of the Arfak mountains /by L.S. Gibbs. 1917 London: Taylor and Francis, 1917. url p. 77.
- A course of practical instruction in botany, by F. O. Bower. London, Macmillan, 1891. url p. 275, p. 280, p. 282, p. 530.
- A descriptive catalogue of useful fiber plants of the world: including the structural and economic classifications of fibers / by Charles Richards Dodge. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1897. url p. 230.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url .
- A floral and faunal inventory of the Réserve Naturelle Intégrale d'Andohahela, Madagascar: with reference to elevational variation / Steven M. Goodman, editor. 94 1999 [Chicago, Ill.]: Field Museum of Natural History, c1999. url table 3-1 , p. 30.
- A handbook of cryptogamic botany / by Alfred W. Bennett and George Murray. London; Longmans, Green, and Co., 1889. url p. 56, p. 60, p. 61.
- A handbook of cryptogamic botany, London, Longmans, Green, and Co., 1889. url , , .
- A handbook of cryptogamic botany, by Alfred W. Bennett and George Murray. London, Longmans, Green, 1889. url p. 56, p. 60, p. 61.
- A handbook of systematic botany; with a revision of the fungi, by E. Knoblauch; tr. and ed. by M.C. Potter. London, Swan url p. 226, p. 227, p. 228.
- A laboratory manual in practical botany; by Charles H. Clark. Chicago [etc.]American book company url p. 204, p. 269.
- A list of plants growing without cultivation in Franklin, Hampshire and Hampden Counties, Massachusetts, Amherst, Mass., Carpenter & Morehouse, 1913. url .
- A manual of botany, including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, J & A. Churchill, 1887. url p. 751.
- A manual of organic materia medica and pharmacognosy; an introduction to the study of the vegetable kingdom and the vegetable and animal drugs (with syllabus of inorganic remedial agents) comprising the botanical and physical characteristics, source, con Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 595.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, by L.H. Pammel Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch press, 1911. url p. 313.
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 836.
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 245.
- A manual of the medical botany of North America by Laurence Johnson. New York: W. Wood, 1884. url p. 283.
- A montane rain-forest; a contribution to the physiological plant geography of Jamaica, Washington, D. C., Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1914. url , , .
- A naturalist in the Bahamas, John I. Northrop, October 12, 1861-June 25, 1891; a memorial volume / edited with a biographical introd. New YorkColumbia University Press1910 url p. 249.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: John I. Northrop, October 12 1861 - June 25, 1891; a memorial volume, ed., with a biographical introduction by Henry Fairfield Osborn. New York, The Columbia university press[c1910] url p. 249.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: New York, Columbia University Press[c1910] url .
- A popular treatise on the physiology of plants for the use of gardeners or for students of horticulture and of agriculture, London, Longmans, Green, and Co., 1895. url .
- A record of plants collected in Southern Rhodesia; arramged on Engler's system. Compiled by Fred. Eyles. Cape Town, 1916 url p. 291.
- A school flora: for the use of elementary botanical classes / by W. Marshall Watts. New York: Longmans, Green, 1910. url p. 179.
- A student's text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. With 483 illustrations. London, Macmillan & co., 1896. url .
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 160.
- A supplementary list of Chinese flowering plants, 1904-1910, url .
- A systematic catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to or growing wild in Ceylon. Colombo: G. J. A. Skeen, 1885. url .
- A text book of materia medica, being an account of the more important crude drugs of vegetable and animal origin, designed for students of pharmacy and medicine. London, Churchill, 1920. url p. 406.
- A text-book of botany / London; Macmillan, 1898. url , , .
- A text-book of botany and pharmacognosy: intended for the use of students of pharmacy, as a reference book for pharmacists, and a handbook for food and drug analysts / by Henry Kraemer. Philadelphia & London: J. B. Lippincott company[c1910] url p. 68.
- A text-book of botany, by Dr. Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck, Ludwig Jost [and] Dr. George Karsten. LondonMacmillan1912 url p. 463, p. 465.
- A text-book of botany, by Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. Fritz Noll. .. [and] Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1908. url p. 461.
- A textbook of botany for colleges and universities. .. Cincinnati [etc]American book company[1910-11] url .
- A textbook of botany for colleges. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 503.
- A university text-book of botany. New York, Macmillan, 1910. url p. 241, p. 245, p. 304.
- A vegetation index of biotic integrity for small-order streams in southwest Montana and a floristic quality assessment for western Montana wetlands / [Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005]. url .
- Alaska / Harriman Alaska Expedition. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1901-1910. url p. 392.
- Alaska. New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1901- url p. 392.
- Alpine flora of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Illustrated with water-colour drawings and photographs by Mrs. Charles Schäffer. New York, London, G. P. Putnam's sons, 1907. url p. 19, p. 19.
- American medicinal plants; an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry and physiological effects. By Charles F. Millspaugh. 1887 New York, Boericke & Tafel, c1887. url page 180- 1.
- American medicinal plants;: an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry, and physiological effects. / By Charles F. Millspaugh, . ..; Illustrated by the author. New York; Boericke & Tafel., c1887. url , .
- An anatomical atlas of vegetable powders. London, Churchill, 1904. url p. 280.
- An ecological survey in northern Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Chas. C. Adams. A report from the University museum, University of Michigan, published by the state Board of geological survey as a part of the report for 1905. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford co., state printers, 1906. url p. 29, p. 29, p. 50, p. 50, p. 77, p. 77, p. 86.
- An elementary text-book of botany, for the use of Japanese students Tokyo, 1893. url .
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 135, p. 711.
- An illustrated encyclopaedia of gardening, by Walter P. Wright London, J. M. Dent & sons, ltd.; url p. 226.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 43, p. 45.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 43, p. 47.
- An introduction to pharmacognosy / by Smith Ely Jelliffe. London: W. B. Saunders and Company, 1905. url p. 80.
- An introduction to the structure and reproduction of plants, by F. E. Fritch and E. J. Salisbury. London, G. Bell and sons ltd., 1920. url p. 315, p. 316, p. 415, p. 435.
- An outline of plant geography, by Douglas Houghton Campbell. New York, The Macmillan company, 1926. url p. 193, p. 232, p. 240, p. 382.
- Annals of the South African Museum. Annale van die Suid-Afrikaanse Museum. Cape Town [etc., South African Museum, etc.] url p. 371.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 37.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 12, p. 15, p. 8.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 9 1898 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 111.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1916-1921. url p. 89.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 143.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 268, p. 293.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 135, p. 152, p. 626, p. 663, p. 89.
- Annual report of the State Botanist of the State of New York. Albany: Troy Press, 1889-1897. url p. 10, p. 19.
- Annual report of the state botanist, by Charles H. Peck. Albany, University of the State of New York, 1897. url p. 10, p. 19.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 4.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 99.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 99, p. 99.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 1986-1992 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 103, p. 14, p. 20, p. 23, p. 46, p. 68, p. 71, p. 73.
- Botany for high schools and colleges. New York: H. Holt, 1885. url .
- Botany. New York, Holt, 1889. url p. 385, p. 572.
- British ferns, clubmosses & horsetails / by Daniel Ferguson. London: A. & C. Black, 1912. url p. 66.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url , , p. 251, p. 251, p. 259.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , .
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 25 1936 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 1.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 51, p. 52.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 153, p. 52, p. 626, p. 663, p. 8.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 135, p. 307.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 22, p. 44, p. 48, p. 67.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 170.
- Bulletin of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, D.C.: The Society, 1918- url p. 66.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 262.
- Bulletin of the Natural History Museum. London: The Natural History Museum, c1993-2002. url p. 42, p. 57, p. 65.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 149, p. 281, p. 465.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 20, p. 34, p. 37, p. 382, p. 60.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 135.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 236, p. 380, p. 589, p. 592, p. 624.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 592, p. 624, p. 997.
- Catalogue of the Bryophyta (hepatics, anthocerotes and mosses) and Pteridophyta (ferns and fern-allies) found in Pennsylvania. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1904. url .
- Catalogue of the Hanbury Herbarium, in the Museum of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain / compiled by E.M. Holmes. London: Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, 1892. url p. 136.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 31.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 5.
- College botany: including organography, vegetable histology, vegetable physiology and vegetable taxonomy: with a brief account of the succession of plants in geologic time, and a glossary of botanical terms / by Edson S. Bastin. Chicago: G.P. Engelhard, 1890, c1889. url p. 358.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 349, p. 350, p. 643.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892- url , , .
- Contributions from the Hull Botanical Laboratory. [Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1895- url p. 53, p. 55, p. 56, p. 66, p. 67, p. 69, p. 71, p. 75.
- Contributions from the Osborn Botanical Laboratory. [New Haven?]Osborn Botanical Laboratory, Yale University, url p. 339, p. 341.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 40 2000 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 14, p. 22, p. 245, p. 271, p. 328, plate 46, p. 59, p. 59, p. 87, p. VII, p. XII.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 22 1999 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 144.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 4.
- Contributions to the botany of the Yukon Territory, by Marshall A. Howe [and ohters] New York, 1901 url p. 149.
- Contributions to the flora of Venezuela / Julian A. Steyermark and collaborators. 28 1957 Chicago, Ill.: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1957. url p. 740, p. 756.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.E. Ponsonby, 1898. url .
- Creation by evolution; a consensus of present-day knowledge as set forth by leading authorities in non-technical language that all may understand, edited by Frances Mason. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1928. url p. 383.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 217, p. 469, p. 549.
- Dutch N. W. New Guinea. A contribution to the phytogeography and flora of the Arfak mountains, & c. By L. S. Gibbs. London: Taylor and Francis, 1917. url p. 77.
- Early British botanists and their gardens, based on unpublished writings of Goodyer, Tradescant, and others, by R. T. Gunther. With nine plates and twenty-one other illustrations. Oxford, Printed by F. Hall for the author at the University Press, 1922. url p. 108, p. 196.
- Economic plants. An index to economic products of the vegetable kingdom in Jamaica. Comp. by William Fawcett. .. Jamaica, Govt. Print. Establishment, 1891. url p. 31, p. 51, p. 73.
- Elementary botany. New York, H. Holt, 1899. url , , .
- Elementary botany. New York, Holt, 1908. url , p. 192, p. 440.
- Elementary botany. New York: H. Holt, [c1905] url .
- Embryogenesis in plants. London, Methuen; url p. 105, p. 106, p. 340, p. 94.
- Epping Forest / by Edward North Buxton. London: E. Stanford, 1885. url p. 136.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 23, p. 48, p. 58.
- Essentials of college botany / by Charles E. Bessey and Ernest A. Bessey. New York: Henry Holt and Company, c1914. url p. 267.
- Essentials of college botany, by Charles E. Bessey. .. and Ernst A. Bessey. .. 8th ed. of The essentials of botany entirely rewritten; with 260 diagrammatic illustrations. New York, H. Holt, [c1914] url p. 267.
- Facts relating to the history of Groton, Massachusetts, by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 5.
- Familiar life in field and forest; the animals, birds, frogs, and salamanders. New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1898. url .
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 109.
- Ferns and fern allies of Canada / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1989. url p. 20, p. 21, p. 22, p. 42.
- Ferns and fern allies of Guatemala. Robert G. Stolze. 12 1983 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1983. url , fig. 7 , p. 25, p. 26, p. 27.
- Field, forest, and garden botany; a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated, by Asa Gray. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company url p. 502.
- Flora montana formosae; an enumeration of plants found on Mt. Morrison, the central chain and other mountainous regions of Formosa at altitudes of 3, 000-13, 000 ft. By B. Hayata. Tokyo, The University, 1908. url p. 241.
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, Printed for the Society, 1922. url , , p. 201.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 7.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 214.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 1021, p. 63.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 25.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, by L. L. Dame and F. S. Collins. Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url p. 138, p. 138.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 137.
- Flora of Vermont. List of ferns and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Vermont Botanical Club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Print. Co., 1915. url p. 160.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 191, p. 75.
- Flora of Willoughby, Vermont / George G. Kennedy. Boston: [s.n.], 1904. url p. 102.
- Flora of Willoughby, Vermont. [By] George G. Kennedy. Boston, 1904. url p. 102.
- Flora of the Blue Hills, Middlesex Fells, Stony Brook and Beaver Brook reservations, of the Metropolitan Park Commission, Massachusetts. Boston: C.M. Barrows, 1896. url p. 114.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 59.
- Flora of the Galápagos Islands; papers from the Hopkins-Stanford Expedition to the Galapagos Islands, by B. L. Robinson, with the collaboration of specialists. Boston, Mass., 1902 url p. 225.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 12, p. 131, p. 132, p. 554.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 1054.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 92.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url , .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 14.
- Flora of the southern United States, containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida; arranged according to the natural system by A.W. Chapman. New York, American Book Company url p. 600.
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 59, p. 87.
- Flowering plants of the Riviera: a sescriptive account of 1800 of the more interesting species / by H. Stuart Thompson; with an introduction on Riviera vegetation by A. G. Tansley London; New York: Longmans, Green, 1914. url p. 243.
- Flowerless plants: how and where they grow, London, Cassell and Co., Ltd., 1913. url .
- Forests and forestry of northern Russia and lands beyond / comp. by John Croumbie Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1884- url p. 190.
- Fossil plants: for students of botany and geology / Cambridge: University Press, 1898-1919. url , , .
- Fundamentals of botany / by C. Stuart Gager. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., c1916. url p. 377.
- Fundamentals of botany, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., 1916. url .
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url p. 110.
- General and professional biology: with special reference to man / by Edward J. Menge. Milwaukee, Wis: Bruce, 1922. url p. 224.
- General botany; an introductory text for colleges and advanced classes in secondary schools. Yonkers-on-Hudson, N.Y., World Book Co., 1924. url p. 490.
- General index to the flora of Formosa as recorded in all literature up to the publication of Icones plantarum Formosanarum VI = Taiwan shokubutsu somokuroku / [B. Hayata] [Taihoku]: Taiwan Sotokufu Minseibu Shokusankyoku, 1917. url p. 116.
- Grand Rapids flora: a catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids, Mich., A. Van Dort, 1901. url p. 6.
- Gray's School and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany" bound in one volume. New York: American Book Company, [between 1895 and 1900]. url p. 502.
- Gray's school and field book of botany. Consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume. New York, American book company, 1901?, c1887 url p. 502.
- Guide to the study of common plants. An introduction to botany. Boston, D. C. Heath, [c1895] url , .
- Gymnosperms; structure and evolution, by Charles Joseph Chamberlain. .. with 397 figures. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press url p. 289, p. 294.
- Hand-list of ferns and fern allies cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off., by Darling, 1906. url p. 147, p. 147.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 548.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Harriman Alaska series. City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1910-1914. url p. 392.
- Harriman Alaska series. vol. I-V, VIII-XIV Washington, D.C., Smithsonian Institution, 1910-14 url p. 392.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 157, p. 497, p. 56, p. 92.
- History of the Berwickshire Naturalists' Club, instituted September 22, 1831 [Vol. 1 of proceedings, corr. and reprinted] Alnwick, H.H. Blair, 1885. url p. 164.
- How to know the ferns / by S. Leonard Bastin. London: Methuen & Co.,  url p. 101, p. 12.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- In my lady's garden / By Mrs. Richmond. London: T.F. Unwin, 1908. url p. 399.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 280, p. 389, p. 655, p. 739, p. 786.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 84.
- Journal kept by David Douglas during his travels in North America 1823-1827, together with a particular description of thirty-three species of American oaks and eighteen species of Pinus, with appendices containing a list of the plants introduced by Douglas and an account of h London, W. Wesley & Son, 1914. url , p. 6.
- Journal of applied microscopy. Rochester, N.Y.: Publication Dept., Bausch & Lomb Optical Co., [1898-1900] url , .
- Journal of ethnobiology. 19 1999 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 183, p. 62.
- Journal of the College of Agriculture, Imperial University of Tokyo. Tokyo, Tokyo Imperial University, 1909-1943. url p. 60.
- Journal of the East Africa Natural History Society: official publication of the Coryndon Memorial Museum (Museum Trustees of Kenya). Nairobi, Kenya: The Museum, 1942- url p. 100.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 120, p. 120, p. 184.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 9 1908 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 111, p. 143, p. 181, p. 294, p. 71, p. 75.
- Key to the system of Victorian plants. .. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Melbourne, R.S. Bain, government printer, 1885-88. url p. 537.
- Lectures on plant physiology / by Ludwig Jost; authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 86.
- Lectures on plant physiology / translated by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 86.
- Lectures on plant physiology. Authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 23, p. 86.
- Lectures on the evolution of plants, London, The Macmillan company, 1910 url .
- Lessons in Elementary Botany, the part of Systematic Botany based upon material left in manuscript by the late Prof. Henslow. London, MacMillan, 1888. url p. 260.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 60.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 16.
- List of rare, threatened and endemic plants in Europe (1982 edition) Council of Europe url p. 46.
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , , p. 124, p. 127, p. 150, p. 87.
- Madagascar: an environmental profile IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 351, p. 365, p. 366.
- Malayan fern allies. Handbook to the determination of the fern allies of the Malayan islands (incl. those of the Malay peninsula, the Philippines and New Guinea). By Capt. C.R.W.K. van Alderwerelt van Rosenburgh. Pub. by the Dept. of agriculture, industry and commerce, Netherlands India. Batavia: Landsdrukkerij, 1915. url p. 46.
- Malayan fern allies: handbook to the determination of the fern allies of the Malayan Islands (incl. those of the Malay Peninsula, the Philippines and New Guinea) / by C.R.W.K. van Alderwerelt van Rosenburgh. Batavia [Djakarta]: Landsdrukkerij, 1915. url p. 46.
- Malaysia and the Pacific archipelagoes, ed. and greatly extended from Dr. A. R. Wallace's "Australasia", by F. H. H. Guillemard. London: E. Stanfod, 1894. url p. 565.
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1039.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 24, p. 25.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 24.
- Memoirs and proceedings of the Manchester Literary & Philosophical Society. Manchester: The Society, 1888-1980. url p. 136, p. 6.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 16, p. 271.
- Methods in plant histology; by Charles J. Chamberlain. .. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press[c1915] url p. 223.
- Michigan flora. Prepared for the thirtieth annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture, by W. J. Beal and C. F. Wheeler. Lansing: R. Smith & co., printers, 1892 url .
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url p. 38, p. 38.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url , p. 246, p. 517.
- Miramichi wild flowers by R. Mackenzie. Montreal: J. Lovell, 1887. url .
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 130, p. 169, p. 19, p. 80.
- Miyabe-festschrift, or A collection of botanical papers presented to Prof. Dr. Kingo Miyabe on the occasion of the twenty-fifth anniversary of his academic service by his friends and pupils. Tokio, Rokumeikwan, 1911. url p. 312.
- Mountain wild flowers of America: a simple and popular guide to the names and descriptions of the flowers that bloom above the clouds / by Julia W. Henshaw. Boston: Ginn, 1906. url p. 379.
- Mountain wild flowers of America; a simple and popular guide to the names and descriptions of the flowers that bloom above the clouds, by Julia W. Henshaw. Toronto, Briggs, 1906. url p. 375, p. 379, p. 379.
- Mountain wild flowers of Canada; a simple and popular guide to the names and descriptions of the flowers that bloom above the clouds, Julia W. Henshaw. Toronto, Briggs, 1906. url p. 379.
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 103.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 12.
- Mycotrophy in plants; lectures on the biology of mycorrhizae and related structures. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Co., 1950. url p. 97.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 270, p. 270.
- Nature studies (plant life). London, Blackie, 1903. url p. 281.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 100, p. 14, p. 19, p. 28, p. 42, p. 74, p. 76.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 8 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 215.
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 187.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 137, p. 238, p. 254, p. 291, p. 292, p. 305, p. 307, p. 308, p. 31, p. 330, p. 334, p. 360, p. 391, p. 398, p. 408, p. 49, p. 83.
- Notes on western range forbs: Equisetaceae through Fumariaceae / by William A. Dayton. Washington, D.C.: Forest Service, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1960. url p. 6.
- Oecology of plants: an introduction to the study of plant-communities / by Eug. Warming; assisted by Martin Vahl; prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 10, p. 312.
- Oecology of plants; an introduction to the study of plant-communities, by Eug. Warming, assisted by Martin Vahl. Prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 10, p. 312.
- Organography of plants, especially of the Archegoniata and Spermaphyta, by Dr. K. Goebel. .. authorized English ed. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. .. Oxford, Clarendon press, 1900-05. url p. 102.
- Origin and history of all the pharmacopeial vegetable drugs, chemicals and preparations with bibliography... Prepared under the auspices of and pub. by the American drug manufacturers' association, Washington, D.C. Cincinnati: The Caxton press, [c1921] url p. 191, p. 441.
- Our native ferns and their allies: with synoptical descriptions of the American Pteridophyta north of Mexico / by Lucien Marcus Underwood. New York: H. Holt, 1896, c1888. url p. 34.
- Our native ferns and their allies; with synoptical descriptions of the American "Pteridophyta" north of Mexico. New York, Holt, 1888. url p. 34.
- Outlines of classification and special morphology of plants, by K. Goebel. A new ed. of Sachs' Text-book of botany, book II, authorized English translation by Henry E. F. Garnsey; rev. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. With 407 woodcuts. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1887. url p. 277, p. 504, p. 504.
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 118, p. 29, p. 38.
- Pflanzenphysiologie; Versuche und Beobachtungen an böheren und niederen Pflanzen einschliesslich Bakteriologie und Hydrobiologie mit Planktonkunde, von R. Kolkwitz. Zwiete, umgearbeitete Auflage. .. Jena, G. Fischer, 1922. url p. 261, p. 264.
- Pharmaceutical botany, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1914] url .
- Pharmaceutical botany, with glossary of botanical terms. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 288, p. 461.
- Philosophical notes on botanical subjects. London, Eyre and Spottiswoode, 1892. url .
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 17, p. 18, p. 2.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 130, p. 167, p. 202, p. 341, p. 360, p. 45.
- Pittonia: a series of papers relating to botany and botanists /by Edward L. Greene. 3 1896 Berkeley, Calif. [etc.]: Doxey & Co. [etc.], 1887-1905. url p. 80, p. 81.
- Plant indicators: the relation of plant communities to process and practice. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url p. 382, p. 60.
- Plant materials of decorative gardening; the woody plants. Urbana, The author, 1921. url p. 3.
- Plant morphology. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1953. url p. 229.
- Plant physiology; authorized English translation by R. J. HarveyGibson; supplement incorporating the alterations of the 2d ed. of the German original. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1913. url p. 86.
- Plant structures; a second book of botany. New York, Appleton, 1906. url p. 163.
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall. .. with 74 full-page illustrations, 24 being from photographs by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London: A. & C. Black, ltd., 1915. url p. 162.
- Plant-life, ill. by the author and C.F. Newall. London, Black, 1915. url p. 162.
- Plant-life, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos, by the author and 50 in colour from drawings London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url .
- Plants and their uses; an introduction to botany, by Frederick Leroy Sargent with numerous illustrations. New York, H. Holt and company, 1913. url p. 174.
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 124, p. 124.
- Plants: a text-book of botany / by John M. Coulter. New York: D. Appleton and Company, 1907. url p. 163.
- Pollen and spore morphology/plant taxonomy; gymnospermae, pteriodophyta, bryophyta (Illustrations) Stockholm, Almqvist & Wiksell; url .
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 517, p. 517.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 169, p. 259.
- Postelsia: the year book of the Minnesota Seaside Station. St. Paul, Minn.: Pioneer Press, 1902-1906. url p. 92.
- Potter's cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R.C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke,  url p. 72, p. xxv.
- Potter's cyclopedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R. C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke, [1900-1950?]. url p. xxvi.
- Practical botany, by F. Cavers. .. London, W.B. Clive, University Tutorial Press Ld, 1911. url p. 355.
- Preliminary catalog of Anthophyta and Pteridophyta, reported as growing spontaneously within one hundred miles of New York City. New York, 1888. url p. 72.
- Preliminary list of plants growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Manchester, New Hampshire. Comp. by Frederick W. Batchelder. Manchester, N. H., Manchester institute of arts and sciences url p. 54.
- Problems of cytology and evolution in the Pteridophyta. Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1950. url p. 244, p. 245, p. 246, p. 249, p. 252, p. 305, p. 306, p. 308, p. 314.
- Proceedings - California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 22, p. 28.
- Proceedings commemorative of the centennial anniversary of the first occupation of the hall of the society, November 21, 1889. .. Philadelphia, The society, 1890 url p. 179, p. 189.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 15, p. 22, p. 231, p. 28.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 241.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria. Melbourne: The Society, 1889- url p. 103.
- Pteridophyta of Peru. Rolla M. Tryon, Robert G. Stolze; with the collaboration of: R. James Hickey, Benjamin Øllgaard. 34 1994 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1994. url list of illustrations , table 1 , p. 100, p. 52, p. 54, p. 55, p. 56, p. iii.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 191.
- Publications in botany / Ottawa: The Museum, 1969- url p. 1, p. 21, p. 68, p. 91.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 112, p. 139.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , , , , , p. 12, p. 15, p. 52, p. 8.
- Reports of the Princeton University Expeditions to Patagonia, 1896-1899. J. B. Hatcher in charge. Edited by William B. Scott. Princeton, The University, 1901-32 [v. 1, 1903] url p. 137, p. 20.
- Rock River area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, Natural History Survey Division, in conjunction with State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, IL: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1996- url p. 128, p. 44, p. 46.
- Roosevelt wild life bulletin. .. of the Roosevelt Life Forest Experiment Station of the New York College of Forestry at Syracuse University. Syracuse, N.Y.: The University, c1922- url p. 284.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 364, p. 7.
- Scientific and applied pharmacognosy, intended for the use of students in pharmacy, as a hand book for pharmacists, and as a reference book for food and drug analysts and pharmacologists. New York, Wiley, 1920. url p. 34, p. 35.
- Scientific papers: physics, chemistry, astronomy, geology. New York, P.F. Collier url p. 109.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 632.
- Sensitive, threatened, and endangered vascular plants of Montana / Peter Lesica, J. Stephen Shelly. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, Montana State Library, 1991. url p. 83.
- Some observations concerning the botanical conditions on the Galapagos Islands. Madison, Wis., 1916 url p. 307.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 268, p. 293.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 372, p. 455, p. 93.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 524, p. 526.
- Studies in biology from the Biological Laboratories of the Owens College. Manchester, England: Council of the College, 1886-1899. url p. 59.
- Studies in the bryology of New Zealand, with special reference to the herbarium of Robert Brown. Edited and published under the authority of the Board of Governors of the [New Zealand] Institute. Wellington[Royal Society of New Zealand][1913-29] url p. 231.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 101, p. 23.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 149, p. 150.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 33, p. 574, p. 575, p. 577, p. 578.
- The Aleutian islands: their people and natural history (with keys for the identification of the birds and plants) City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1945. url p. 129.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 101, p. 174, p. 235, p. 238, p. 46, p. 60.
- The Asa Gray bulletin. 3 1955-1961 Ann Arbor, Mich. url p. 111, p. 275.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 451.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 41 1927 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url book review , p. 123, p. 129, p. 136, p. 173, p. 173, p. 177, p. 18, p. 2, p. 214, p. 253, p. 261, p. 268, p. 280, p. 303, p. 338, p. 35, p. 35, p. 36, p. 36, p. 378, p. 380, p. 382, p. 383, p. 419, p. 431, p. 448, p. 450, p. 49, p. 508, p. 530, p. 59, p. 635.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal: Natural History Society, 1884-1916. url , p. 234, p. 459, p. 5, p. 6.
- The Eskimo tribes; their distribution and characteristics, especially as regards language, with a comparative vocabulary and sketch-map. Copenhagen1887-91. url p. 14.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 1286, p. 888.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url , .
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url , p. 107, p. 110, p. 308, p. 32, p. 35, p. 37, p. 56, p. 94.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 550, p. 7.
- The Mountaineer. Seattle, The Mountaineers, 1907-1921. url p. 110.
- The Natural history of Juan Fernandez and Easter Island / edited by Carl Skottsberg. Uppsala: Almqvist & Wiksells Boktryckeri, 1920-1956. url p. 766.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 149.
- The North American Pyrenomycetes. A contribution to mycologic botany, Newfield, N. J., Ellis & Everhart, 1892 [c1890] url .
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 416, p. 457, p. 480, p. 56.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 169.
- The Philippine journal of science. 22 1923 Manila. url p. 68, p. 71, p. 74, p. 75.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 102, p. 103, p. 151.
- The Popular educator: a complete encyclopaedia of elementary, advanced and technical education. London, Cassell url p. 304.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 172, p. 429.
- The Tasmanian flora. Hobart, Tasmania, J. Vail, Govt. Printer, 1903. url .
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 33, p. 58.
- The Victoria history of the County of Hertford / edited by William Page. London: Published for the University of London, Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall,  url .
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 51.
- The anatomy of woody plants, by Edward Charles Jeffrey. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press url p. 143, p. 143.
- The bacteriology of diphtheria, including sections on the history, epidemiology and pathology of the disease, the mortality caused by it, the toxins and antitoxins and the serum disease, by F. Loeffler, Arthur Newsholme, F. B. Mallory, G. S. Graham-Smith, George Dean, William H. Park, Charles F. Bolduan. Ed. by G. H. F. Nuttall and G. S. Graham-Smith Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1913 url p. 283, p. 288.
- The book of nature study, ed. by J. Bretland Farmer. .. assisted by a staff of specialists. Fully illustrated. London, Caxton publishing company[1908?]-1909. url p. 197, p. 98.
- The changing Illinois environment: critical trends: technical report of the Critical Trends Assessment Project. Springfield, Ill.: Ill. Dept. of Energy and Natural Resources, 1994. url p. 52.
- The cultivated evergreens; a handbook of the coniferous and most important broad-leaved evergreens planted for ornament in the United States and Canada, edited by L. H. Bailey. London, Macmillan & co., ltd., 1923. url p. 396.
- The elements of structural botany with special reference to the study of Canadian plants. .. Toronto, W. J. Gage & Co.[1897?] url .
- The essentials of botany, New York, H. Holt and company[c1914] url .
- The essentials of botany. New York, Holt[c1884] url .
- The essentials of botany. New York: Holt[c1896] url .
- The essentials of college botany, by Charles E. Bessey and Ernest A. Bessey. New York, H. Holt[c1914] url p. 267.
- The ethnobotany of Chinchero, an Andean community in southern Peru / Christine Franquemont. .. [et al.]. 24 1990 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, c1990. url p. 121, p. 40.
- The evolution of plants, by Dukinfield Henry Scott. London: Williams and Norgate, [c1911] url p. 158.
- The fern allies of North America north of Mexico, New York, F. A. Stokes company url p. 74, p. 87, p. viii.
- The flora of Banffshire. Aberdeen: Printed for the University1912 url p. 110.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 627.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 201.
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of Montreal Island by Robert Campbell. S.l.: s.n., 1892? url .
- The flora of Oxfordshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with sketches of the progress of Oxfordshire botany during the last three centuries, and London, Parker and Co., 1886. url , , , .
- The flora of Suffolk a topographical enumeration of the plants of the county, showing the results of former observations and of the most recent researches / by W.M. Hind; assisted by Churchill Babington; with an introductory chapter of the geology, climate and meteorology of Suffolk by Wheelton Hind. London: Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url , p. 485.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 143.
- The gazetteer of Sikhim. With an introduction by H.H. Risley. Ed. in the Bengal government secretariat. Calcutta: Printed at the Bengal secretariat press, 1894. url p. 83.
- The international bibliography of electron microscopy. New York[1959-1962] url p. 1.
- The lipids, their chemistry and biochemistry. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1951-57. url p. 17, p. 901.
- The microbiology of the atmosphere. London, L. Hill;1961. url p. 81.
- The morphology of pteridophytes; the structure of ferns and allied plants. London, Hutchinson University Library url p. 55, p. 60, p. 61, p. 62, p. 63.
- The natural history and topography of Groton, Massachusetts / by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 5.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 714, p. 716, p. 960.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 149.
- The orchids in the Ottawa District: floristics, phytogeography, population studies and historical review / Joyce M. Reddoch and Allan H. Reddoch. 111 1997 Ottawa, Canada: The Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club,  url p. 36.
- The origin of a land flora, a theory based upon the facts of alternation, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1908. url , , , .
- The origin of a land flora: a theory based upon the facts of alternation / by F. O. Bower. With numerous illustrations. London: Macmillan, 1908. url p. 223, p. 342, p. 349, p. 364, p. 674.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 390, p. 521.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 44, p. 45, p. 46.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url .
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 143.
- The plants of southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 143.
- The principles of plant-teratology. London, The Ray Society, 1915-1916. url .
- The science of biology. St. Louis, C.V. Mosby Co., 1952. url p. 256.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1181, p. 1933, p. 3596.
- The structure & development of the mosses and ferns (Archegoniatae) London, Macmillan, 1895. url p. 478, p. 484.
- The structure and development of mosses and ferns (Archegoniatae) / by Douglas Houghton Campbell. New York: Macmillan, 1928 [c1905] url p. 484, p. 489, p. 493, p. 501, p. 650.
- The theory of evolution in the light of facts, by Karl Frank, S.J. with a chapter on ant guests and termite guests by P.E. Wasmann. Translated from the German by Charles T. Druery...with 48 illustrations. London:B. Herder, 1913. url p. 129.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , .
- Through glade and mead; a contribution to local natural history, Worcester, Mass., Putnam, Davis and Company, [c1894] url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 118, p. 12, p. 120, p. 137, p. 138, p. 153, p. 166, p. 167, p. 177, p. 21, p. 22, p. 236, p. 29, p. 31, p. 43, p. 45, p. 57.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url , , , , , , , p. 14, p. 196, p. 27, p. 271, p. 283, p. 290, p. 290, p. 379, p. 4, p. 471, p. 471.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 15, p. 253.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 186.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 136, p. 75.
- Transactions of the Maryland Academy of Sciences. Baltimore: The Academy, 1901- url p. 75.
- Transactions of the Royal Society of Victoria. Melbourne: The Society, 1888- url p. 39, p. 44.
- Transactions of the Sapporo Natural History Society. Sapporo, Japan, Sapporo Natural History Society, Hokkaido Imperial University. url p. 153, p. 153.
- Trends and silvicultural significance of upland forest successions in southern New England, New Haven, Yale University, 1928 url p. 67.
- Types of British vegetation, Cambridge, University Press, 1911. url , .
- Vegetation of the Peak District / C. E. Moss. Cambridge: University Press, 1913. url p. 180.
- Vegetation of the Peak District. Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url p. 180, p. 226.
- Wayside and woodland ferns; a pocket guide to the British ferns, horsetails and clubmosses. London: Warne, 1922. url p. 120.
- Wild flowers of the North American mountains. New York, McBride, 1917. url p. 373, p. 57.
- Wissenschaftliche ergebnisse der Deutschen Zentral-Africa-Expedition, 1907-1908: unter Führung Adolf Friedrichs, herzogs zu Mecklenburg. Leipzig: Klinkhardt & Biermann, 1910- url p. 640.
- World Plant Conservation Bibliography WCMC, Royal Botanic Gardens url p. 288.
- Zoe:a biological journal. 2 1891 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 267, p. 294.
- Øllgaard, B. 1990. Lycopodiaceae. In: K. Kubitzki et al., eds. 1990+. The Families and Genera of Vascular Plants. 1+ vol. Berlin etc. Vol. 1, pp. 31--39.
- Øllgaard, B. 1987. A revised classification of the Lycopodiaceae s. lat. Opera Bot. 92: 153--178.
- Øllgaard, B. 1989. Index of the Lycopodiaceae. Biol. Skr. 34: 1--135.
- Wagner, W. H. Jr. and J. M. Beitel. 1992. Generic classification of modern North American Lycopodiaceae. Ann. Missouri Bot. Gard. 79: 676--686.
- Wagner, F. S. 1992. Cytological problems in Lycopodium sens. lat. Ann. Missouri Bot. Gard. 79: 718--729.
- Wagner, W. H. Jr. 1993. A new combination for a North American lycopod. Novon 3: 305.
- Hickey, R. J. 1977. The Lycopodium obscurum complex in North America. Amer. Fern J. 67: 45--49.
- Wagner, W. H. Jr., J. M. Beitel, and R. C. Moran. 1989. Lycopodium hickeyi: A new species of North American clubmoss. Amer. Fern J. 79: 119--121.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 11, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 14, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from provider.
- "Lycopodium clavatum". in Flora of North America Vol. 2. Published by Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- The International Plant Names Index. Accessed Dec 27, 2011.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 29, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Scottish Borders Biological Records Centre - SWT Scottish Borders Local Wildlife Site Survey data 1996-2000 - species information
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2644342
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-529054
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2704925
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:288260-2
- GRIN Nomen Number: 431024
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 17024
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 304307-2
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PPLYC01080
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: LYCLT
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 48640
- Warren H. Wagner Jr. & Joseph M. Beitel "Lycopodiaceae". in Flora of North America Vol. 2. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Lycopodium". in Flora of North America Vol. 2. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Lycopodium clavatum". in Flora of North America Vol. 2. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 410.410 meters (1,346.490 feet), Standard Deviation = 615.630 based on 12,991 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]