- Do not confuse the genus name "Lotus" with the aquatic lotus. This is a member of the Pea Family . These pretty little yellow flowers grow in a circle on the end of the stem. They are very bright and easily spotted along the roadsides.
- Bird's Foot Lotus is poisonous to cattle and sheep if eaten, it contains the poison, cyanide .
Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Armenian:
Common Names in Azerbaijani:
Buinuzlu Gurdotu, Gafgaz Gurdotu
Common Names in Belarusian:
Palyavaya Akatzyya, Rutvitza Ragataya, Tryzaouka, Zayachchy Bratki
Common Names in Chinese:
Bai Mai Gen
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Gewone Rolklaver, Rolklaver, Tôchklaver
Common Names in English:
Babys Slippers, Bacon and Eggs, Bird´s-Foot Trefoil, Bird's Foot Deervetch, Bird's Foot Trefoil, Bird's-Foot Trefoil, Birdfoot Deervetch, Birds Foot Trefoil, Birds-Foot Trefoil, Birdsfoot Trefoil, Bloomfell, Broadleaf Birdsfoot Trefoil, Cat's Clover, Common Birdsfoot-Trefoil, Crowtoes, Garden Bird's-Foot-Trefoil, Garden Birdsfoot Trefoil, Ground Honeysuckle
Common Names in Estonian:
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Cornette, Cube, Lotier Corniculé, Lotier Cornicule, Lotus Corniculé, Lotus Des Prés, Pied De Poule, Pied-De-Poule, Serradelle, Trèfle Cornu
Common Names in Georgian:
Kurdglisprchkhila, Kurdlis Prukhila
Common Names in German:
Gemeiner Hornklee, Gewöhnlicher Hornklee, Hornklee, Hornschotenklee, Schotenklee (Switzerland)
Common Names in Hungarian:
Common Names in Italian:
Ginestrina, Ginestrino, Loto, Mullaghera, Trifoglio Giallo
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Latvian:
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Mongolian:
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Polish:
Cornichao, Komonica Zwycrajna, Komonica Zwyczajna
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Romanian:
Common Names in Russian:
Ghizdei Marunt, Ljadvenec Rogatyj, Lyadvenetz Baltiiski, Lyadvenetz Kavkazski, Lyadvenetz Komarova, Lyadvenetz Krymski, Lyadvenetz Olgi, Lyadvenetz Polevoi, Lyadvenetz Rogatyi, Lyadvenetz Ruprekhta, Lyadvenetz Somnitelnyi, Lyadvenetz Zhigulevski, лядвенец рогатый
Common Names in Spanish:
Cuernecillo, Cuernecillo Del Campo, Loto Corniculado, Loto De Los Prados, Serradella, Trébol a Cuernitos, Trébol Pata De Pájaro
Common Names in Swedish:
Käringgigel, Käringtand, Käringtand
Common Names in Swiss:
, herbs or semishrubs. Leaf pinnately compound
5, 3 at the apex and 2 at the base
resembling stipules, or the basal leaflets absent, entire. Stipules absent or represented by glands
or minute, deciduous. Inflorescence an axillary
or almost sessile umbel, subtended by 1-3 leafy bracts or flower solitary axillary. Calyx tubular
, bilabiate. Corolla yellow, pinkish, red, purple or white, free
from stamens, keel pointed
. Stamens diadelphous
, 9+1, alternate filaments
at the apex. Fruit dehiscent
, generally many seeded.
A genus with 60-100 species, most numerous around the Mediterranean
Habit: Herb • Climbing: Not Climbing
Flowers: Bloom Period: March, April, May, June, July, August. • Flower Color: goldyellow-orange, red-orange, yellow
Size: 6-12" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,701 meters (0 to 15,423 feet).
Culture: Space 9-12" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 3b, 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a. (map)
- Chatton, 1925
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Order: Fabales () - Bromhead, 1838
- Superorder: Rosanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Magnoliidae () - Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967 - Angiosperms
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Lotus ambiguus Spreng. • Lotus arvensis Pers. • Lotus balticus Miniaev • Lotus carpetanus Lacaita • Lotus caucasicus Kuprian. • Lotus corniculatus var. crassifolia Fr. • Lotus corniculatus var. kochii Chrtkova • Lotus corniculatus var. maritimus Rupr. • Lotus komarovii Miniaev • Lotus major Scop. • Lotus olgae Klokov • Lotus ruprechtii Miniaev • Lotus tauricus Juz. • Lotus zhegulensis Klokov
Members of the genus Lotus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 48 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
L. angustissimus (Slender Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. argophyllus argophyllus var. argophyllus (Silver Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. argophyllus var. adsurgens (Santa Cruz Island Silverhosackia) · L. argyraeus var. argyraeus (Canyon Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. argyraeus var. multicaulis (Canyon Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. australis (Australian Trefoil) · L. berthelotii (Coral Gem) · L. callunetorum (Lyadvenetz Vereshchatnikovyi) · L. corniculatus (Babys Slippers) · L. corniculatus corniculatus (Birdsfoot Trefoil) · L. corniculatus fruticosus (Bird´s-Foot Trefoil) · L. corniculatus tenuifolius (Birdsfoot Trefoil) · L. corniculatus 'Plenus' (Double Birds Foot Trefoil) · L. crassifolius var. crassifolius (Big Deervetch) · L. cruentus (Red Bird´s-Foot Trefoil) · L. dendroideus var. dendroideus (Island Broom) · L. glaber (Narrow-Leaf Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. grandiflorus var. grandiflorus (Chaparral Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. heermannii var. heermannii (Heermann's Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. hirsutus 'Brimstone' (Hairy Canary Clover) · L. hispidus (Hairy Birdsfoot Trefoil) · L. jacobaeus (Lotus Jacobaeus) · L. junceus var. junceus (Rush Broom) · L. krylovii (Krylov's Birdsfoot Trefoil) · L. maculatus (Lotus Vine) · L. maculatus 'Amazon Sunset' (Amazon Sunset Lotus Vine) · L. maritimus (Spargelerbse) · L. mearnsii var. equisolensis (Mearns' Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. mearnsii var. mearnsii (Mearns' Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. nevadensis var. nevadensis (Nevada Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · Hosackia oblongifolia (Streambank Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. oblongifolius var. oblongifolius (Narrow-Leaved Lotus) · L. palustris (Large Birds-Foot Trefoil) · L. parviflorus (Small-Flower Trefoil) · L. pedunculatus (Big Trefoil) · L. plebeius (Long-Bract Bird's-Foot-Trefoil) · L. procumbens var. procumbens (Silky Deerweed) · L. purshianus var. Purshianus (Spanish Clover) · L. salsuginosus var. salsuginosus (Coastal Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. scoparius brevialatus var. brevialatus (California Broom) · L. scoparius scoparius var. scoparius (Common Deerweed) · L. stipularis var. stipularis (Balsam Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. strigosus var. strigosus (Strigose Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. subbiflorus (Hairy Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. tenuis (Narrowleaf Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. tetragonolobus (Asparagus Pea) · L. unifoliolatus var. helleri (Heller's Bird's-Foot Trefoil) · L. 'Gold Flash' (Lotus Vine)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- 2nd International congress of entomology, Oxford, August, 1912. .. Oxford, Printed by Hazell, Watson & Viney, Ld., 1913-14. url p. 382.
- A Pasture handbook / by A.T. Semple. .. [et al.]; a foreword by Henry A. Wallace. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1934. url p. 17.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 144, p. 376.
- A hand-book to the order Lepidoptera. By W.F. Kirby. .. London, E. Lloyd, limited, 1896-1897. url p. 180.
- A handbook for farmers and dairymen. New York, J. Wiley & sons; [etc., etc.]1908. url p. 110.
- A handbook of British Lepidoptera, by Edward Meyrick. London, Macmillan, 1895. url , p. 567, p. 567, p. 576, p. 654, p. 726, p. 756.
- A handbook of British butterflies, being an outline of the distribution of all the British butterflies together with their food plants, times of appearance, and favorite places of resort. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1902. url p. 25, p. 31, p. 7.
- A handbook to the order Lepidoptera. By W. F. Kirby. London, E. Lloyd, limited, 1896-1897. url p. 180, p. 26, p. 92.
- A manual flora of Egypt / by Reno Muschler. With a preface by Paul Ascherson and Georg Schweinfurth. Berlin, R. Friedlaender, 1912. url p. 1242, p. 1243, p. 1246, p. 1264.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 534.
- A manual of veterinary hygiene. New York: W. R. Jenkins, 1911. url .
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 237.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url , .
- A natural history of the British Lepidoptera: a text-book for students and collectors / by J.W. Tutt. London: S. Sonnenschein, 1899-1904. url p. 333, p. 335, p. 440, p. 451, p. 464, p. 477, p. 496, p. 526.
- A natural history of the British butterflies; their world-wide variation and geographical distribution. A text-book for students and collectors. London: E. Stock, [19--?] url p. 332, p. 333, p. 440, p. 449, p. 526, p. 543.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url , p. 253, p. 30, p. 33, p. 4.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 253, p. 30, p. 4.
- A practical guide to garden plants, containing descriptions of the hardiest and most beautiful annuals and biennials, hardy herbaceous and bulbous perennials, hardy water and bog plants, flowering and ornamental trees and shrubs, conife London;Longmans, Green, 1901. url , p. 335, p. 94.
- A student's text-book of botany / by Sydney H. Vines. London: Macmillan, 1895. url p. 636.
- A student's text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. With 483 illustrations. London, Macmillan & co., 1896. url .
- A student's text-book of botany. London, Sonnenschein, 1894. url p. 208.
- A study of some characteristics of vegetable oils, by James B. McNair. 9 1930 Chicago, 1930. url p. 56, p. 60, p. 62.
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 45.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 83.
- A survey of natural areas in Tyrrell County, North Carolina: for The North Carolina Natural Heritage Program, Coastal Natural Area Inventory Project / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, [1982?] url p. 9.
- A text-book of botany / London; Macmillan, 1898. url .
- A vegetation index of biotic integrity for small-order streams in southwest Montana and a floristic quality assessment for western Montana wetlands / [Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005]. url .
- Afoot through the Kashmir valleys, London: Sands & company, 1901. url p.
- Agricultural botany, theoretical and practical. New York, H. Holt, 1910. url .
- Agriculture, by William Somerville. .. London, Williams and Norgate url p. 131, p. 131.
- Alpine flowers for gardens: rock, wall, marsh plants, and mountain shrubs / by W. Robinson. London: John Murray, 1903. url p. 195.
- Alpine flowers for gardens; rock, wall, marsh plants, and mountain shrubs, by W. Robinson. London, J. Murray, 1910. url p. 195.
- Alpine plants / by A.J. Macself; illustrated with colour photographs by R.A. Malby, water colour drawings by Winifred Walker, line drawings by G.E. Lee. New York: Scribner, 1923. url p. 202.
- An annotated catalogue of types of the University of Illinois mycological collections (ILL) / Urbana: University of Illinois Press, c1997. url p. 282.
- An elementary text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. .. London: S. Sonnenschein & co., lim.;1898. url p. 558.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 552, p. 553, p. 556.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 359.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 346, p. 347.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 441.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 12, p. 14, p. 14, p. 173, p. 23, p. 7, p. 76.
- Annual report of the Board of Control of the State Agricultural Experiment Station at Amherst, Mass. [S.l.: s.n.], -1895 url p. 118, p. 168, p. 51.
- Annual reports of the Department of Agriculture. .. Washington: G.P.O., [1894?]-1924. url p. 169, p. 190.
- Augustana Library publications. Rock Island, Ill.: Augustana College and Theological Seminary, 1898-1981. url p. 85.
- Australian grasses and pasture plants: with notes on native fodder shrubs and trees / by Fred Turner; drawings by Mary I. Turner. Melbourne: Whitcombe & Tombs,  url p. 51.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 42 - 46 1973 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 20, p. 27, p. 36, p. 77, p. 8.
- Beeton's Dictionary of everyday gardening. .. to which is added a monthly calendar of garden work throughout the year. London, Ward, Lock, 1909. url p. 307.
- Biochemical systematics [by] Ralph E. Alston [and] B. L. Turner. Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall url p. 186, p. 187, p. 332, p. 365, p. 384.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 446.
- Blakeney Point, Norfolk: topography and vegetation / F. W. Oliver and E. J. Salisbury. London: F.T. Smith, 1913. url p. 25, p. 26, p. 33, p. 35, p. 36.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 153, p. 41, p. 66.
- Botanical microtechnique. Ames, Iowa State College Press url p. 177, p. 226.
- Botany for beginners. London, Macmillan, 1899. url p. 257.
- Botany of the living plant, London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1919. url .
- Botany of the living plant, by F. O. Bower. London, Macmillan and Co., limited, 1919. url p. 522, p. 522, p. 523, p. 565, p. 565.
- Botany of the living plant, by F.O. Bower. In the third edition he was assisted by J.M.F. Drummond, and George Bond, in this fourth edition by C.W. Wardlaw. London, Macmillan and Co., ltd., 1947. url p. 636, p. 683.
- Botany of the living plant. London, Macmillan, 1919. url p. 522, p. 523, p. 565.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url , , , , p. 106, p. 171, p. 29, p. 3, p. 33, p. 4, p. 46, p. 61, p. 61, p. 93.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url , , p. 259, p. 259, p. 264, p. 282, p. 282, p. 285, p. 289, p. 289, p. 296, p. 296, p. 327, p. 327, p. 333, p. 95.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , , , , .
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 482.
- Bulletin - Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. Amherst, : Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station, 1907-1974. url p. 51.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 450.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 189.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 153, p. 230, p. 241, p. 49, p. 7.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. 1895-1897 Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 26, p. 58.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1904-05 1904 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 11, p. 16, p. 17, p. 18, p. 184, p. 19, p. 280.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 27, p. 385, p. 391, p. 46, p. 47, p. 60, p. 63, p. 96.
- Butterflies and moths (British) / by W. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, 1897. url p. 149, p. 150, p. 191, p. 193, p. 198, p. 201, p. 215, p. 216, p. 279.
- Butterflies and moths (British) by W. Furneaux. .. London, Longmans, Green, and Co., 1894. url p. 149, p. 191, p. 215, p. 216.
- By meadow, grove and stream: an introduction to nature study / by Henry Hilton Brown. .. London: Religious Tract Society, [1907?] url , p. 73.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 134.
- Carotenoids, by Paul Karrer and Ernst Jucker. Translated and rev. by Ernest A. Braude. New York, Elsevier Pub. Co., 1950. url p. 71.
- Carotenoids, their comparative biochemistry. New York, Chemical Pub. Co., 1954. url p. 17, p. 289, p. 51.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url p. 1837, p. 2547, p. 850.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 482, p. 865, p. 92.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 482, p. 865, p. 92.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 250.
- Chinese materia medica. extensively revised from F. Porter Smith's work by G. A. Stuart. Shanghai?: Presbyterian Mission Press?, 1911? url p. 248, p. 545.
- Colonsay, one of the Hebrides, its plants: their local names and usses--legends, ruins, and place-names--Gaelic names of birds, fishes, etc.--climate, geological formation, etc. By Murdoch McNeill. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1910. url p. 113, p. 89, p. 91.
- Colour in my garden, by Louise Beebe Wilder. Illustrated in colour, by Anna Winegar. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1918. url p. 21, p. 362.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url p. 264, p. 443.
- Comparative morphology of Fungi, by Ernst Albert Gäumann. .. translated and revised by Carroll William Dodge. .. New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., 1928. url p. 50, p. 632, p. 685.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url , , , .
- Contributions from the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1899- url p. 230.
- Contributions from the herbarium of the Geological Survey of Canada by James M. Macoun. S.l.: s.n., 1894? url .
- Contributions to Canadian botany / by Jas. M. Macoun. Ottawa: [s. n.], 1894-1906. url p. 79.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.E. Ponsonby, 1898. url .
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1541, p. 1672, p. 737, p. 945.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 78.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada; New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url .
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 306, p. 78.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 137, p. 339, p. 456, p. 499, p. 535.
- Descriptive notes on the topography and vegetation of some localities visited by the excursion in Denmark arranged for the members of l'Association internationale des botanistes, June 22nd-July 3rd, 1 Ed. by the Dansk botanisk forening. København, Dansk botanisk forenings forlag, 1913. url p. 22, p. 6.
- Dictionary of biological equivalents, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins company, 1930. url p. 108.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 666.
- Diseases of cultivated plants and trees, by George Massee. .. London, Duckworth & co., 1910. url p. 297.
- Edmonston's flora of Shetland: comprehending a list of the prevalent wild-flowers, horse-tails, club-mosses and ferns of the Shetland Isles. Edinburgh; Oliphant, Anderson & Ferrier, 1903. url p. 46, p. 61.
- Entomological contributions in memory of Byron A. Alexander / edited by George W. Byers, Robert H. Hagen and Robert W. Brooks. Lawrence, Kan.: Natural History Museum, the University of Kansas, 1999. url p. 23, p. 24.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 16, p. 17, p. 58.
- Farmer's cyclopedia: a compilation of such bulletins and reports as are indispensable to the practical farmer. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 134.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 116, p. 258.
- Field and woodland plants, by W.S. Furneaux. With 8 plates in colour, and numerous illustrations by Patten Wilson, and photographs from nature by the author. London, Longmans, Green, 1911. url p. 160.
- Flora Orcadensis: containing the flowering plants arranged according to the natural orders / by Magnus Spence; and The mosses, by James Grant. Kirkwall: D. Spence, 1914. url p. 145, p. 58.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 544.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url .
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 137, p. 360, p. 420, p. 452, p. 465, p. 473, p. 475, p. 476, p. 79.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 131.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 573.
- Flora of Lancaster County: being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania / by John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York: The authors, 1913. url p. 164.
- Flora of Lancaster County; being descriptions of the seed- plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvanial. By John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York, 1913. url p. 164.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 29.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 184.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 104, p. 215.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 399.
- Flowering phenology and density-dependent pollination success in Cephaelis elata (Rubiaceae) / by William Huntoon Busby. 1987. url p. 83.
- Flowering plants of the Riviera: a sescriptive account of 1800 of the more interesting species / by H. Stuart Thompson; with an introduction on Riviera vegetation by A. G. Tansley London; New York: Longmans, Green, 1914. url p. 87.
- Flowers of the field. London, G. Routledge, 1908. url .
- Forage plants and their culture, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url p. 568, p. 569.
- Forage plants and their culture, by Charles V. Piper. New York: The Macmillan company, 1914. url p. 568, p. 569.
- From Tonkin to India by the sources of the Irawadi, January '95-January '96. By Prince Henri d'Orléans. Tr. by Hamley Bent, M. A. illustrated by G. Vuillier. .. N.Y.: Dodd, 1898. url p. 427.
- Fungoid disease of agricultural plants / by Jakob Eriksson; translated. from the Swedish by Anna Molander. London: Baillière, Tindall and Cox, 1912. url p. 87.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- General index to the flora of Formosa as recorded in all literature up to the publication of Icones plantarum Formosanarum VI = Taiwan shokubutsu somokuroku / [B. Hayata] [Taihoku]: Taiwan Sotokufu Minseibu Shokusankyoku, 1917. url p. 20.
- Genesis and development of sand formations on marine coasts, Rock Island, Ill., Augustana Book Concern, Printers, 1910. url .
- Genetics today: proceedings of the XI International Congress of Genetics, The Hague, The Netherlands, September 1963 / edited by S. J. Geerts. Oxford: Pergamon Press, 1963-65. url p. 132.
- Germination of Capsicum annuum L. at low temperature / by James Thomas Watkins. 1982. url p. 152.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 388.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 699.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 250, p. 262, p. 300, p. 37, p. vi.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 115, p. 116.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and New Castle County, Delaware, with keys for identification comp. by Ida A. Keller and Stewardson Brown. Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url p. 198.
- Handbook to the natural history of Cambridgeshire, ed. by J.E. Marr. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. Cambridge, University press, 1904. url p. 219.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 137, p. 188, p. 233.
- Horse breeding in theory and practice / by Burchard von Oettingen; translated from German. London: Sampson Low, Marston & Co., 1909. url p. 416.
- Horse breeding: in theory and practice / by Burchard von Oettingen; translated from German. London: Sampson Low, Marston & Co., 1909. url p. 416.
- Horses & stables. London, Longmans, 1911. url , p. 53.
- Horses and stables. LondonLongmans1901 url , p. 53.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url p. 420, p. 546.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 196.
- How to make a flower garden; a manual of practical information and suggestions. New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1903. url p. 170, p. 170.
- Icones plantarum formosanarum nec non et contributiones ad floram formosanam: or, Icones of the plants of Formosa, and materials for a flora of the island, based on a study of the collections of the Botanical survey of the Government of Formosa / By B. Hayata. .. Taihoku: Bureau of Productive Industry, Government of Formosa, 1911-1921. url p. 174.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 156.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- Improving California ranges / Berkeley, Calif.: College of Agriculture, University of California, 1945. url .
- Insect artizans and their work / by Edward Step; with 54 illustrations on art paper. London: Hutchinson, [1919?] url p. 135, p. 191.
- Insect artizans and their work, by Edward Step, with 54 illustrations on art paper. New York, Dodd, Mead and company[1919?] url p. 135, p. 135, p. 191, p. 191.
- Insects. Ottawa: T. Mulvey [etc.], 1919-1920. url p. 118, p. 139, p. 231, p. 254, p. 34, p. 70, p. 88, p. 91.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 34, p. 389, p. 415, p. 455, p. 482.
- Introduction to the plant-life of the Oxford district. London, Milford, 1922-25. url p. 69, p. 72, p. 84.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 30, p. 61.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url p. 93.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 4 1908 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 204, p. 213.
- Journal of Hymenoptera research. Washington, D.C.: International Society of Hymenopterists, [1992- url p. 3.
- Journal of genetics. Cambridge: University Press, 1910-1977. url p. 184.
- Landmarks of botanical history, a study of certain epochs in the development of the science of botany. Washington, Smithsonian Inst., 1909- url p. 31.
- Landmarks of botanical history; a study of certain epochs in the development of the science of botany. Part I.--Prior to 1562 A. D. Washington, Smithsonian institution, 1909. url .
- Landscape reclamation: a report on research into problems of reclaiming derelict land, by a research team of the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. GuildfordIPC Science and Technology Press1971- url p. 88.
- Lawns and gardens. How to plant and beautify the home lot, the pleasure ground and garden, by N. Jönsson-Rose. With numerous plans and illustrations by the author. New York: G. P. Putnam, 1897. url p. 110.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 158, p. 272, p. 297.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 46, p. 559, p. 634.
- Life and letters of Sir Joseph Dalton Hooker, O.M., G.C.S.I.: based on materials collected and arranged by Lady Hooker / by Leonard Huxley. London: J. Murray, 1918. url p. 448.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 195.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 39.
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , , p. 105, p. 126, p. 150, p. 95.
- Manual of British grasses / 1907 London: Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent,  url p. 153.
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1071.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 541, p. 542.
- Manuring for higher crop production / By E. J. Russell. Cambridge: The University Press, 1916. url p. 62.
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url , p. 13, p. 137, p. 160, p. 182, p. 42.
- Minimum areas for different vegetations, their determination from species-area curves. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1949. url p. 62.
- Miyabe-festschrift, or A collection of botanical papers presented to Prof. Dr. Kingo Miyabe on the occasion of the twenty-fifth anniversary of his academic service by his friends and pupils. Tokio, Rokumeikwan, 1911. url p. 325.
- Money in grasses. The experience of other nations from which the farmer, and especially the American farmer, may profit. With a short account of the city of Arnhem, the centre of the grass-seed industry in Europe. Arnhem (Holland)Barenbrug, Burgers & co. url , .
- Morphology and taxonomy of fungi. Philadelphia, Blakiston, 1950. url p. 75.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 12, p. 14, p. 14, p. 173, p. 23, p. 7, p. 76.
- My garden, by Louise Beebe Wilder. .. illustrated by Will Simmons. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page & company, [c1916] url p. 276, p. 276, p. 59, p. 59.
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 246.
- Natural history of Selborne & observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. New York, Appleton, 1895. url p. 225.
- Natural history of Selborne, and observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. Toronto: Musson Book Co., 1904. url p. 225.
- Nature studies (plant life). London, Blackie, 1903. url p. 193.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 120, p. 22, p. 52.
- Note-book of agricultural facts and figures for farmers and farm students / by Primrose McConnell. -- London: C. Lockwood, 1897. url p. 215.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 4 1907 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 130, p. 179, p. 220, p. 288, p. 30, p. 307, p. 315, p. 354, p. 80, p. 91.
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url , .
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 618.
- Observations on the flora of Japan. Tokyo, 1901-1914. url p. 41.
- Oecology of plants: an introduction to the study of plant-communities / by Eug. Warming; assisted by Martin Vahl; prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 219, p. 220, p. 321, p. 414, p. 66.
- Oecology of plants; an introduction to the study of plant-communities, by Eug. Warming, assisted by Martin Vahl. Prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 219, p. 220, p. 321, p. 66.
- On British wild flowers considered in relation to insects / by Lord Avebury. London: Macmillan, 1909. url p. 87, p. 88, p. xiii.
- Organography of plants, especially of the Archegoniata and Spermaphyta, by Dr. K. Goebel. .. authorized English ed. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. .. Oxford, Clarendon press, 1900-05. url p. 266.
- Outlines of plant life: with special reference to form and function / New York: Henry Holt and Company, c1900. url .
- Pasture plants and pastures of New Zealand, by F.W. Hilgendorf. .. Melbourne and London [etc.]Whitcombe & Tombs, limited[1919?] url p. 60, p. 61.
- Pasture studies: some results, Bangor [Wales]Jarvis & Foster, printers, 1919. url , .
- Pastures and pasture plants. .. Lond., Macmillan and co., ltd., 1897. url .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1911. url , .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, by Martin J. Sutton. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co., limited, 1911. url p. 12, p. 86.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 354.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 380, p. 396, p. 451.
- Plant Form OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS url p. 331, p. 61.
- Plant geography, by George S. Boulger, F. L. S. London, J. M. Dent & Son, 1912. url p. 50.
- Plant life in Alpine Switzerland; being an account in simple language of the natural history of Alpine plants, London, J. Murray, 1910. url , , .
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 562.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 562.
- Plant life, considered with special reference to form and function, by Charles Reid Barnes. .. New York, H. Holt & company, 1898. url p. 302, p. 302.
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall. .. with 74 full-page illustrations, 24 being from photographs by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London: A. & C. Black, ltd., 1915. url p. 373.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 17, p. 555.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 555.
- Polskie pismo entomologiczne = Polish journal of entomology = Bulletin entomologique de Pologne Warszawa [etc.]Panstwowe Wydawn. Naukowe. url p. 20.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 126, p. 145, p. 165, p. 169, p. 171, p. 208, p. 213, p. 22, p. 245, p. 262, p. 287, p. 289, p. 35, p. 37, p. 44, p. 45, p. 46, p. 63, p. 71, p. 74, p. 82, p. 95.
- Practical guide to the wild flowers and fruits, by George Lincoln Walton... Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott company, 1909. url p. 214.
- Practical notes on grasses & grass growing in East Anglia. London, Jarrold, 1897. url , .
- Practical plant biochemistry, by Muriel Wheldale Onslow. .. Cambridge, University press, 1920. url p. 146, p. 153.
- Practical plant biochemistry. CambridgeUniversity Press1923 url p. 161, p. 162, p. 76.
- Price list of chemical and bacteriological apparatus, chemicals and reagents manufactured and sold by Baird [and] Tatlock (London) Ltd. London, Baird [and] Tatlock, 1914. url p. 1067.
- Principles of general physiology. London, Longmans, 1915. url p. 737.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url , p. 102, p. 12, p. 16, p. 33, p. 39, p. 52, p. 60, p. 62, p. 62, p. 63, p. 66, p. 69, p. 70, p. 71, p. 73, p. 74, p. 74, p. 75, p. 75, p. 79, p. 79, p. 8, p. 82, p. 89, p. 90, p. 91, p. 91.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 633.
- Proceedings of the Malacological Society of London. London, Dulau. url p. 129.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 107, p. 111, p. 121, p. 14, p. 17, p. 51, p. 60, p. 72, p. 84, p. 97.
- Quarterly journal of microscopical science. Oxford, [etc.]Clarendon Press [etc.] url p. 55.
- Rambles with nature students. London, Religious tract soc., 1899. url p. 134.
- Recreations of a naturalist / London: T. Fisher Unwin, 1906. url .
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , , p. 14, p. 14, p. 173, p. 23, p. 7.
- Reports of the Princeton University Expeditions to Patagonia, 1896-1899. J. B. Hatcher in charge. Edited by William B. Scott. Princeton, The University, 1901-32 [v. 1, 1903] url p. 516, p. 516.
- Root-knot and its control. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1911. url p. 17.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 147, p. 229, p. 255, p. 70.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 105.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 291, p. 612, p. 635.
- Soil fertility and permanent agriculture, by Cyril G. Hopkins. .. Boston, Ginn, [c1910] url p. 396.
- Special scientific report. Seattle, National Marine Fisheries Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1949-1971. url p. 19.
- Species and varieties, their origin by mutation; lectures delivered at the University of California Chicago, The Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1906. url , , .
- Species and varieties: their origin by mutation / lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo DeVries; edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago: The Open Court; 1906, c1904. url p. 443, p. 837.
- Species and varieties; their origin by mutation. Lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo De Vries. Edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago, K. Paul, Trench, Truber, 1906 [c1904] url p. 443, p. 835.
- Spixiana. 7 1984 München: Zoologische Staatssammlung München, 1977- url p. 151, p. 153, p. 157, p. 52.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 71.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 669.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, Flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / by H. Stuart Thompson; with 33 coloured plates (168 figures) by George Flemwell. London: Dutton, 1912. url p. 121, p. 127, p. 2, p. 219.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / [London]: E.P. Dutton & Co., 1912. url , , , .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 45.
- Text-book of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 212, p. 221, p. 284.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 212, p. 221, p. 284, p. 284.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1665, p. 1673, p. 2181.
- The British rust fungi (Uredinales) their biology and classification, Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url .
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 129, p. 132, p. 157, p. 159, p. 161, p. 193, p. 262, p. 268, p. 278, p. 295, p. 309, p. 383, p. 384, p. 443, p. 448, p. 455, p. 503, p. 504, p. 537, p. 591, p. 607, p. 695, p. 730, p. 86, p. 87.
- The Clifton Park system of farming and laying down land to grass. A guide to landlords, tenants, and land-legislators, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1908. url .
- The Ecology of arboreal folivores: a symposium held at the Conservation and Research Center, National Zoological Park, Smithsonian Institution, May 29-31, 1975 / Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1978. url p. 30.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement followed by a description of the plants, shrubs and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1921. url p. 556.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 137, p. 14, p. 145, p. 61.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 38 1978 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 319, p. 44.
- The Hope reports. Oxford: Printed for private circulation, 1897-1958. url p. 57.
- The Journal of agricultural science. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press. url p. 30, p. 31, p. 33, p. 46, p. 55.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 147.
- The Journal of the Department of Agriculture, Victoria. [Melbourne]:Dept. of Agriculture, Victoria, 1902-1955. url , p. 336, p. 538.
- The Leguminosae of Illinois. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1953. url p. 37.
- The Macrolepidoptera of the world; a systematic description of the hitherto known Macrolepidoptera, ed. in collaboration with well-known specialists. Stuttgart: Seitz'schen (Kernen), 1906- url p. 302, p. 67.
- The Monthly bulletin of the State Commission of Horticulture. Sacramento, Calif.: The Commission, 1911-1919. url p. 752.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 299.
- The New Forest; its history and its scenery. By John R. Wise. With 63 illustrations, drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps. London: Gibbings & co., 1895. url p. 299.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url , p. 48.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 247, p. 505, p. 634, p. 688, p. 750.
- The Romance of wild flowers: a companion to the British flora / by Edward Step. London; Warne, 1899. url p. 146.
- The Rothamsted experiments: being an account of some of the results of the agricultural investigations, conducted at Rothamsted in the field, the feeding shed, and the laboratory over a period of fifty years. Edingurgh: Blackwood, 1895. url p. 127.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 48 1969 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 562.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 115, p. 120, p. 43.
- The agricultural changes required by these times, and laying down land to grass. .. Kelso [Eng.]J. & J. H. Rutherfurd, 1905. url .
- The anthocyanin pigments of plants. By Muriel Wheldale. Cambridge, University Press, 1916. url p. 25.
- The book of nature study, ed. by J. Bretland Farmer. .. assisted by a staff of specialists. Fully illustrated. London, Caxton publishing company[1908?]-1909. url p. 115, p. 170.
- The book of the Rothamsted experiments. 2d ed., rev. by E.J. Russell. Issued with the authority of the Lawes Agricultural Trust Committee. New YorkDutton1917 url p. 182, p. 329, p. xix.
- The book of the honey bee, London, J. Lane, 1903. url .
- The botany of crop plants: a text and reference book. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son, [c1917] url , .
- The botany of crop plants; a text and reference book, by Wilfred W. Robbins. .. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1917] url p. 466, p. 667.
- The butterflies of the British Isles / 1906 London: F. Warne, 1906. url p. 157, p. 165, p. 186.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 208, p. 208.
- The complete grazier and farmers' and cattlebreeders' assistant. .. originally written by William Youatt. .. considerably enlarged and mainly rewritten in 1893 and 1900 by William Fream. .. London, C. Lockwood and son, 1908. url p. 809, p. 815, p. 936.
- The complete home landscape, by Arthur J. Jennings, in collaboration with Leonard H. Johnson. New York, A. T. De La Mare, 1924. url p. 164.
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 305, p. 428, p. 434, p. 439.
- The effects of cross and self fertilisation in the vegetable kingdom. LondonJ. Murray1916 url p. 361, p. 481.
- The elements of genetics / C. D. Darlington and K. Mather. New York: Macmillan, 1950. url p. 326.
- The encyclopedia of gardening. A dictionary of cultivated plants, etc., giving in alphabetical sequence the culture and propagation of hardy and half-hardy plants, trees and shrubs, orchids, ferns, fruit, vegetables, hothouse and g London, W. H. & L. Collingridge url .
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url , , , , , , , p. 104, p. 106, p. 155, p. 156, p. 178, p. 181, p. 21, p. 42, p. 56, p. 62, p. 69, p. 73, p. 75.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 173, p. 197, p. 343.
- The feeding of crops and stock: an introduction to the science of the nutrition of plants and animals / by A.D. Hall. New York: E.P. Dutton, 1911. url p. 164.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 145, p. 146.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 210, p. 211, p. 216.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 210, p. 211, p. 216.
- The flora of Glamorgan, including the spermaphytes & vascular cryptogams, with index. Prepared under the direction of a committee of the Cardiff Naturalists' Society. Edited by A. H. Trow. Cardiff, Printed for the Society by W. Lewis, 1911. url p. 115.
- The flora of the Alps being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. London: J.C. Nimmo, 1896. url p. 77.
- The flora of the Alps; being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees, by Alfred W. Bennett. .. London, Nimmo, 1900. url p. 77.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 28.
- The flora of the presidency of Bombay / By Theodore Cooke. London: Taylor and Francis, 1903-08. url .
- The flower-fields of Alpine Switzerland: an appreciation and a plea, painted and written by G. Flemwell; With twenty-five reproductions of water-colour drawings. New York, Dodd, Mead, 1912. url p. 192.
- The forage and fiber crops in America, by Thomas F. Hunt. New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1907. url p. 211.
- The garden month by month; describing the appearance, color, dates of bloom, height and cultivation of all desirable, hardy herbaceous perennials for the formal or wild garden with additional lists of aquatics, vines, ferns, et by Mabel Cabot Sedgwick assisted by Robert Cameron with over two hundred half-tone engravings from photographs of growing plants, and a chart in colors. New York, F.A. Stokes Co.,  url .
- The lipids, their chemistry and biochemistry. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1951-57. url p. 567, p. 901.
- The moths of the British Isles / by Richard South. London; Frederick Warne & Co., [1920?] url p. 186, p. 358.
- The mutation theory; experiments and observations on the origin of species in the vegetable kingdom, by Hugo de Vries. .. tr. by Prof. J. B. Farmer and A. D. Darbishire. .. Chicago, Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1909-10. url p. 52, p. 54.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , , , , , .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 431, p. 511, p. 521, p. 544, p. 837.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , , , .
- The naturalised flora of South Australia / by J.M. Black. Adelaide: J.M. Black, 1909. url p. 187.
- The perfect garden, how to keep it beautiful and fruitful, with practical hints on eonomical management and the culture of all the principal flowers, fruits, and vegetables; Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott company; [etc., etc.]1908. url p. 386.
- The plant community [by] Herbert C. Hanson [and] Ethan D. Churchill. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp. url p. 191, p. 217.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 446.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 9.
- The potentialities of revegetating and utilizing agronomic species on strip mined areas in Illinois. Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois, Agricultural Experiment Station url p. 10, p. 14.
- The soil; an introduction to the scientific study of of the growth of crops. New YorkDutton1920 url p. 327.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1917, p. 2971.
- The study of plants; an introduction to botany and plant ecology. OxfordClarendon Press1915 url p. 246.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 734, p. 893.
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 734, p. 893.
- The weeds, poison plants, and naturalized aliens of Victoria. Melbourne, J. Kemp, Government Printer1909. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 112, p. 137, p. 158, p. 161, p. 192, p. 197, p. 236, p. 278.
- Transactions of the British Mycological Society. London: Cambridge University Press, [1897-c1988] url p. 3, p. 391.
- Types of British vegetation, Cambridge, University Press, 1911. url , .
- Update to the report on the conservation status of Grindelia howellii, a candidated threatened species / Diane S. Pavek. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 18.
- Variation in animals and plants, by H.M. Vernon. .. New York, H. Holt and company, 1902. url p. 312.
- Variation in animals and plants. New York: H. Holt, 1903. url p. 312.
- Vegetation of the Peak District / C. E. Moss. Cambridge: University Press, 1913. url p. 111, p. 113, p. 121, p. 126.
- Vegetation of the Peak District. Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url p. 111, p. 113, p. 121, p. 139, p. 141, p. 151, p. 263.
- Vines and how to grow them: a manual of climbing plants for flower, foliage and fruit effects, both ornamental and useful, including those shrubs and similar forms that may be used as vines / Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, Page & Company, [c1911] url , .
- Vines and how to grow them; a manual of climbing plants for flower, foliage and fruit effects, both ornamental and useful, including those shrubs and similar forms that may be used as vines. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & company, 1911. url p. 310, p. 97.
- Washington State Coastal Zone Management Program amendment no. 3: approval of the Grays Harbor estuary management plan: program draft environmental impact statement. [Olympia, Wash.?]: Grays Harbor Regional Planning Commission; 1983. url p. 9.
- Wayside and woodland blossoms: a pocket guide to British wild-flowers for the country rambler / by Edward Step. London; F. Warne, 1895. url , p. 43.
- Wayside and woodland blossoms; a pocket guide to British wild flowers for the country rambler. London, Warne, 1895. url , p. 43.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 17, p. 238, p. 97.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 17, p. 234, p. 238, p. 97.
- What England can teach us about gardening, by Wilhelm Miller. .. illustrated with one hundred and twelve photographic plates and eight plates in color. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & company, 1911. url p. 248.
- Wild flowers of New York, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1918. url p. 144.
- Wild flowers. London, Dodge url p. 41.
- Wild flowers; New York, Macmillan Co., 1934. url .
- Wrightia. 2 1959-1963 Richardson, Tex. [etc.]University of Texas at Dallas. url p. 259, p. 30.
- Yearbook of agriculture. WashingtonU.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 599.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed December 18, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 2 providers.
- ILDIS World Database of Legumes. Release date: May 1, 2007
- Light, Kris. East Tennessee Wildflowers
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 29, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- GBIF-Spain, Departamento de Biolog. Veg. II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid: MAF
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, The Deaver Herbarium, Northern Arizona University
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Joint Nature Conservation Committee - Vegetation surveys of coastal shingle in Great Britain
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Scottish Borders Biological Records Centre - SWT Scottish Borders Local Wildlife Site Survey data 1996-2000 - species information
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2650802
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-4932
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2481187
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:156187-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 300317
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 26362
- MoBot NameID: 13022186
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDFAB2A080
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: LOCOA
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 48071
- "Lotus". in Flora of Pakistan Page 311. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 240.060 meters (787.598 feet), Standard Deviation = 428.580 based on 84,788 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]