Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Armenian:
Common Names in Azerbaijani:
Common Names in Belarusian:
Chyna Lugavaya, Garoshak Zayachchy, Lesavy Lyadzei
Common Names in Chinese:
Mu Di Shan Li Dou (Medicinal Name), Mu Di Xiang Wan Dou
Common Names in Chuvash:
Ulakh Tarna Parsi
Common Names in English:
Kibana No Renri So, Meadow Pea, Meadow Peavine, Meadow Vetchling, Meadow-Pea, Wiesen Platterbse, Yellow Vetchling
Common Names in Estonian:
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Gesse Des Pres
Common Names in Georgian:
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Italian:
Common Names in Latvian:
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Moldavian:
Linte De Pratur
Common Names in Mongolian:
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Polish:
Ervilha Do Prado, Groszek Zolty, Ledzwian Zolty
Common Names in Russian:
China Lugovaya, Orastica De Finete, Sirdirk
Common Names in Spanish:
Almorta De Los Prados
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Swiss:
Common Names in Ukrainian:
or straggling, stem frequently winged
. Leaf mostly paripinnately compound
, rachis ending in a tendril
, rarely in a bristle
, leaflets 2-many or rarely absent, entire; stipules usually large, semisagittate or entire. Inflorescence an axillary
or solitary. Calyx regular to irregular. Vexillum mostly broad with a short claw
or coherent to the keel. Stamens diadelphous
9+1 or monadelphous
, vexillary stamen free or connate
with the tube
. Ovary subsessile
, style dorsally
to spathulate, pubescent
on the upper side, rarely glabrous
, stigma terminal
or capitate. Fruit compressed, 2-many seeded.
A genus with about 130 species, widely distributed in the northern hemisphere, S. America and Africa.
Habit: Herb • Climbing: Climbing
Flowers: Bloom Period: March, April, May. • Flower Color: yellow
Size: 24-36" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 3,932 meters (0 to 12,900 feet).
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full sun .
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Members of the genus Lathyrus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 177 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
L. angulatus (Angled Pea) · L. annuus (Annual Sweet Pea) · L. annuus red (Annual Yellow Vetchling) · L. aphaca (Ranken Platterbse) · L. aureus (Golden Pea) · L. belinensis (Sweet Pea) · L. biflorus (Two Flowered Lathyrus) · L. bijugatus (Drypark Pea) · L. blepharicarpus (Syrian Vetchling) · L. brachycalyx (Bonneville Pea) · L. brachycalyx brachycalyx (Bonneville Vetchling) · L. chloranthus (Sweet Pea) · L. cicera (Red Pea) · L. cirrhosus (Cirrhose Vetch) · L. clymenum (Jointed Pea (As L Articulatus)) · L. clymenum articulatus (Cicercha Purpurina) · L. delnorticus (Del Norte Pea) · L. eucosmus (Bush Peavine) · L. glandulosus (Redwood Pea) · L. graminifolius (Grass-Leaf Peavine) · L. grandiflorus (Everlasting-Pea) · L. grimesii (Grimes Pea) · L. heterophyllus (Norfolk Everlasting-Pea) · L. hirsutus (Caley Pea) · L. hitchcockianus (Bullfrog Hills Sweetpea) · L. holochlorus (Thin-Leaf Vetchling) · L. inconspicuus (Inconspicuous Pea) · L. japonicus japonicus (Beach Pea) · L. japonicus japonicus var. japonicus (Beach Pea) · L. japonicus maritimus var. maritimus (Beach Pea) · L. japonicus var. parviflorus (Smallflower Beach Pea) · L. japonicus var. pubescens (Downy Beach Pea) · L. jepsonii californicus (Delta Peavine) · L. jepsonii jepsonii (Delta Tule-Pea) · L. lanszwertii aridus (Nevada Pea) · L. lanszwertii aridus var. aridus (Nevada Pea) · L. lanszwertii lanszwertii var. lanszwertii (Lanszwert's Pea) · L. lanszwertii var. leucanthus (Arizona Peavine) · L. latifolius (Broad-Leaf Peavine) · L. latifolius 'Pink Pearl' (Pink Pearl Everlasting Pea) · L. latifolius 'White Pearl' (Everlasting Pea) · L. laxiflorus (Sochevichnik Redkotzvetkovyi) · L. ledebourii (Sochevichnik Promezhutochnyi) · L. leucanthus (Aspen Pea) · L. linifolius (Berg Platterbse) · L. littoralis (Gray Beach Peavine) · L. maritima (Beach Pea) · L. nervosus (Lord Ansons Blue Pea) · L. nevadensis (Sierra Nevada Peavine) · L. nevadensis nevadensis (Sierra Pea) · L. nevadensis var. nuttallii (Sierra Pea) · L. nevadensis var. pilosellus (Sierra Pea) · L. nevadensis var. puniceus (Sierra Pea) · L. niger (Black Pea) · L. niger niger (Black Pea) · L. nissolia (Gras Platterbse) · L. ochroleucus (Common Vetchling) · L. ochrus (Winged Vetchling) · L. odoratus (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'America' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Antique Fantasy Mix' (Antique Fantasy Mix Sweet Pea Lathyrus Odoratus) · L. odoratus 'April in Paris' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Barry Dare' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Beaujolais' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Black Knight' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Blanche Ferry' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Blue Danube' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Blue Reflections' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Blue Ripple' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Blue Velvet' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Bouquet Mix' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Butterfly' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Captain of the Blues' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Charlie's Angel' (Charlie's Angel Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Chatsworth' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Cupani' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Cupid' (Windowbox Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Diamond Wedding' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Dolly Varden' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Dragonfly' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Dreamy Sunset' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Early Mammoth Mixed' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Early Multiflora Mix' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Elizabeth Taylor' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Fantasia Mix' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Flagship' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Flora Norton' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Fragrant Skies' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Galaxy Mix' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Henry Eckford' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'High Scent' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Janet Scott' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Julie Ann' (Sweet Pea 'julie Ann') · L. odoratus 'King Edward Vii' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Knee High' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Lady Grisel Hamilton' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Late Spencer Choice Mix' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Leamington' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Lilac Ripple' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Lizbeth' (Sweet Pea)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- 2nd International congress of entomology, Oxford, August, 1912. .. Oxford, Printed by Hazell, Watson & Viney, Ld., 1913-14. url p. 388.
- A Flora of Berwick-upon-Tweed. By George Johnston, M.D. Edinburgh, J. Carfrae & Son; [etc., etc., ]1829-31. url p. 160.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url .
- A compendium of the English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman, 1836. url p. 146.
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 39.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 19.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url .
- A general history of the dichlamydeous plants, comprising complete descriptions of the different orders; together with the characters of the genera and species, and an enumeration of the cultivated varieties. .. the scientific names accentuated, t By George Don. London, J.G. and F. Rivington [etc.]1831-38. url p. 332.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 145, p. 374, p. 379.
- A guide to the wild flowers east of the Mississippi and north of Virginia / by Norman Taylor. New York: Greenberg, 1928. url p. 76.
- A handbook to the order Lepidoptera. By W. F. Kirby. London, E. Lloyd, limited, 1896-1897. url p. 180.
- A history of Longridge and district. PrestonPrinted by C.W. Whitehead1888 url p. 266.
- A manual of botany, including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, J & A. Churchill, 1887. url p. 169.
- A manual of botany. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1897-1902. url .
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 564.
- A monograph of the British Uredineae and Ustilagineae, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. London, Paul, Trench & Co., 1889. url , , .
- A monograph of the British Uredineæ and Ustilagineæ, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. By Charles B. Plowright. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1889. url p. 134, p. 334.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 55, p. 610, p. 72.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url , p. 157.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 108, p. 115, p. 121, p. 36.
- A school flora: for the use of elementary botanical classes / by W. Marshall Watts. New York: Longmans, Green, 1910. url p. 51.
- A study of the genus Lathyrus: the genus Lathyrus, the sweet pea in botany and horticulture, classification of garden varieties of the sweet pea, winter flowering sweet peas / by Alvin Casey Beal. Albany; 1914 url p. 663, p. 673, p. 676.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 85.
- Abstract of proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng.]: South London Entomological and Natural History Society, [1885-1896] url p. 82.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. 45 1916 Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 100, p. 103, p. 104, p. 109, p. 116, p. 118, p. 118, p. 119, p. 12, p. 12, p. 121, p. 122, p. 131, p. 135, p. 138, p. 14, p. 147, p. 149, p. 150, p. 153, p. 159, p. 162, p. 162, p. 163, p. 164, p. 168, p. 170, p. 171, p. 172, p. 173, p. 18, p. 180, p. 181, p. 182, p. 19, p. 19, p. 190, p. 202, p. 203, p. 21, p. 213, p. 219, p. 22, p. 22, p. 22, p. 221, p. 226, p. 23, p. 234, p. 247, p. 26, p. 260, p. 271, p. 286, p. 298, p. 299, p. 31, p. 31, p. 33, p. 332, p. 35, p. 36, p. 36, p. 37, p. 39, p. 390, p. 391, p. 397, p. 40, p. 406, p. 42, p. 43, p. 44, p. 472, p. 49, p. 50, p. 512, p. 53, p. 534, p. 538, p. 56, p. 589, p. 62, p. 66, p. 69, p. 71, p. 75, p. 75, p. 76, p. 78, p. 8, p. 81, p. 87, p. 9, p. 9, p. 93, p. 93, p. 95, p. 96, p. 99, tbl III.
- Age and area; a study in geographical distribution and origin of species, by J. C. Willis, with chapters by Hugo de Vries, H. B. Guppy, Mrs. E. M. Reid, James Small. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press, 1922. url p. 14.
- Alpines and bog-plants, London, E. Arnold, 1908. url .
- An encyclopædia of agriculture comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property, and the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of ag by J.C. Loudon London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1831 url .
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property; and the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of ag By J. C. Loudon. London: Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1826. url p. 825.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 415, p. 415.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 358, p. 359.
- An introduction to entomology, or, Elements of the natural history of insects: comprising an account of noxious and useful insects, of their metamorphoses, food, stratagems, habitations, societies, motions, noises, hybernation, instinct, etc., etc. / by William Kirby and William Spence. London: Longman, Brown, Green and Longmans, 1856. url p. 577.
- An introduction to entomology: or, Elements of the natural history of insects. .. / by William Kirby and William Spence. London: Longmans, Green, 1865. url p. 577.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 150, p. 172, p. 172, p. 29, p. 298, p. 30, p. 318, p. 366, p. 381.
- Annals of applied biology. [Wellesbourne, Warwick, etc.]Association of Applied Biologists [etc.] url p. 288.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 21.
- Annual report of the New York State College of Agriculture at Cornell University and the Agricultural Experiment Station. [Ithaca, N.Y.?], 1911-1971. (Albany, N.Y.: url p. 673, p. 676.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 372.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 292, p. 294, p. 38, p. 7.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 11 - 20 1929 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 56.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 216, p. 249.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url , p. 104, p. 107, p. 127, p. 163, p. 190, p. 366, p. 37, p. 42, p. 427, p. 462, p. 47, p. 93.
- Bramble-bees and others, by J. Henri Fabre; tr. by Alexander Teixeira de Mattos. .. New York, Dodd, Mead and Company, 1915. url p. 238.
- Bramble-bees and others. Translated by Alexander Teixeira de Mattos. New YorkDodd, Mead1915 url p. 238.
- British butterflies and mothes: an introduction to the study of our native Lepidoptera. By H.T. Stainton. .. London, Reeve & Co., 1867. url p. 258.
- British butterflies and their transformations: arranged and illustrated in a series of plates by H.N. Humphreys; with characters and descriptions by J.O. Westwood. London: William Smith, 1841. url p. 28, p. 8.
- British grasses: an introduction to the study of the Gramineae of Great Britain and Ireland / 1867 London: Reeve & co., 1867 url p. 50, p. 53.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url , p. 113, p. 29, p. 40.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 263, p. 326, p. 327, p. 329, p. 329.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , , .
- British vegetable galls, an introduction to their study, by Edward T. Connold. .. Illustrated with one hundred and thirty full-page plates and twenty-seven smaller drawings. London, Hutchinson & co., 1901. url p. 192.
- British wild flowers: familiarly described in the four seasons for the use of beginners and amateurs / by Thomas Moore. London, Reeve, 1867. url p. 91, p. xx.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 191.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. 1895-1897 Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 24.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 395, p. 60, p. 63.
- Bulletin of the Natural History Society of New Brunswick. St. John, N. B., Natural History Society of New Brunswick. url p. 34.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 29 1902 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url plate 304, p. 447.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 12.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 17.
- By meadow, grove and stream: an introduction to nature study / by Henry Hilton Brown. .. London: Religious Tract Society, [1907?] url .
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 263.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 191.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 233.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 233.
- Catalogue of the Coleoptera of Scotland, by Andrew Murray. .. aided by the Rev. William Little, Messieurs James Hardy, Robt. Hislop, John T. Syme, Dr. W. H. Lowe, and other Scottish entomologists. Edinburgh, W. Blackwood and sons, 1853. url p. 80.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 257.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 55.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url , .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 28 1943 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 637, p. 683, p. X.
- Contributions from the herbarium of the Geological Survey of Canada / by James M. Macoun. [Ottawa?: s.n.], 1894-1906. url p. 1.
- Contributions to Canadian botany / by Jas. M. Macoun. Ottawa: [s. n.], 1894-1906. url p. 1.
- Contributions to the flora and fauna of Repton and neighbourhood. London, Bemrose, 1881. url p. 14.
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 20.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 324, p. 338.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 162, p. 337, p. 362, p. 499, p. 66.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 374.
- Dictionary of biological equivalents, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins company, 1930. url p. 215.
- Diseases of cultivated plants and trees / by George Massee. New York: Macmillan, [1910?] url p. 597.
- Diseases of plants induced by cryptogamic parasites: introduction to the study of pathogenic Fungi, slime-Fungi, bacteria, & Algae / London; Longmans, Green & co., 1897. url .
- Edinburgh encyclopaedia, conducted by David Brewster. .. with the assistance of gentlemen eminent in science and literature. Edinburgh, Blackwood, 1830. url p. 495.
- Edmonston's flora of Shetland: comprehending a list of the prevalent wild-flowers, horse-tails, club-mosses and ferns of the Shetland Isles. Edinburgh; Oliphant, Anderson & Ferrier, 1903. url p. 62.
- Elements of practical agriculture; comprehending the cultivation of plants, the husbandry of the domestic animals, and the economy of the farm. London: Longman, [etc., etc.], 1838. url p. 420.
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url p. 259.
- Epping Forest / by Edward North Buxton. London: E. Stanford, 1885. url p. 118.
- Essays in geobotany in honor of William Albert Setchell, edited by T.H. Goodspeed. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1936. url p. 5.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 236.
- Familiar wild flowers figured and described by F. Edward Hulme. .. 1st- ser.. .. London, Cassell and company, limited, [1878- url , , , .
- Farm insects: being the natural history and economy of the insects injurious to the field crops of Great Britain and Ireland, and also those which infest barns and granaries, with suggestions for their destruction. Edinburgh, Blackie & Son, 1860. url p. 491, p. 523, p. 527.
- Field and woodland plants / by W. S. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, and Co., 1909 url p. 218.
- Flora Scotica; or, A description of Scottish plants, arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods. London, Printed by R. and A. Taylor, for A. Constable, 1821. url p. 213, p. 267.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 11, p. 16, p. 41, p. 44, p. 50, p. 53, p. 74, p. 9, p. 90.
- Flora of Cambridgeshire; or, A catalogue of plants found in the county of Cambridge; with references to former catalogues, and the localities of the rarer species. London, J. Van Voorst, 1860. url .
- Flora of Derbyshire: flowering plants, higher cryptogams, mosses and hepatics, Characeae. London, Bemrose & Sons Ltd., 1903. url p. 110.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 360, p. 82.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 566.
- Flora of Marlborough; with notices of birds and a sketch of the geological features of the neighborhood. .. London, J. Van Voorst, 1863. url p. 25.
- Flora of Plymouth: an account of the flowering plants and ferns found within twelve miles of the town; history of local botanical investigation. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 97.
- Flora of tropical Africa. By Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. London, L. Reeve, 1868-1902. url p. 173.
- Flora scotica, or, A description of Scottish plants arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods: in two parts / by William Jackson Hooker. .. Edinburgh: A. Constable, 1821. url p. 213, p. 563.
- Flowers of the field. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge[186-?] url p. 164, p. 165.
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 322, p. 541.
- Forests and forestry of northern Russia and lands beyond / comp. by John Croumbie Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1884- url p. 184.
- Fungous diseases of plants, Boston, Ginn and company[c1909] url p. 391, p. 503.
- Fungous diseases of plants, with chapters on physiology, culture methods and technique, by Benjamin Minge Duggar. Boston, Ginn and company, [c1909] url p. 503.
- Fungous diseases of plants: with chapters on physiology, culture methods and technique / Boston; Ginn, [c1909] url , , .
- Fungous diseases of plants; with chapters on physiology, culture methods and techniques. Boston, Ginn url p. 391, p. 398, p. 503.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 15.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Guide to the Gallery of Birds in the Department of Zoology of the British Museum (Natural History). London: Printed by order of the Trustees [by Taylor and Francis], 1905. url p. 170.
- Guide to the gallery of birds in the Department of Zoology, British Museum (Natural History) LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees url p. 35.
- Handbook for Southport: medical and general, with copious notices of the natural history of the district / edited by Edward Day McNicoll. Southport [Eng.]: R. Johnson, 1883. url p. 83.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 261, p. 331, p. vi.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 124.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url , p. 239.
- History and antiquities of Charnwood forest: with an appendix on the geology, botany & ornithology of the district. .. London: Hamilton, 1842. url p. 50.
- Horses & stables. London, Longmans, 1911. url p. 53.
- Horses and stables / by F. Fitzwygram. London: Longmans, Green, 1886. url .
- Horses and stables. LondonLongmans1901 url p. 53.
- Hortus Gramineus Woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses, &c. &c., used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals; instituted by John, Duke of B London, W. Ridgway, 1869. url p. 445.
- Hortus gramineus Woburnensis: or, an account of the results of experiments on the produce, and nutritive qualities of different grasses, and other plants, used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John Duke of Bedford /Illustrated with dried specimens of the plants upon which these experiments have been made, and practical observations on their natural habits, and the soils best adapted to their growth; pointing out the kinds most profitable for permanent pasture, irrigated meadows, dry or upland pasture, and the alternate husbandry; accompanied with the discriminating characters of the species, and varieties. By George Sinclair. 1816 London: Printed by B. McMillan, 1816. url , , p. 5, p. 76.
- Hortus gramineus woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses and other plants used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John, du By George Sinclair. London: J. Ridgway, 1826. url p. 133, p. 239, p. 37, p. 434.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 197.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 189.
- Illustrations of British entomology; or, A synopsis of indigenous insects: containing their generic and specific distinctions. By James Francis Stephens. London:Printed for the author; published by Baldwin and Cradock, 1828-1835. url p. 167, p. 182, p. 193, p. 25.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 1283.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 92, p. 96.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 25 1887 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 108, p. 110, p. 117, p. 12, p. 15, p. 15, p. 155, p. 16, p. 160, p. 165, p. 18, p. 208, p. 213, p. 216, p. 228, p. 244, p. 25, p. 264, p. 288, p. 30, p. 301, p. 305, p. 337, p. 342, p. 392, p. 394, p. 41, p. 43, p. 44, p. 5, p. 53, p. 60, p. 84.
- Journal of forestry. Washington: Society of American Foresters, 1917- url p. 371.
- Journal of the Royal Agricultural Society of England. London:Royal Agricultural Society of England [etc.], 1840-2002. url p. 58.
- Journal of the Royal Institution of Cornwall. Truro, Eng., Workers of Cornwall Ltd. url p. 296.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 284, p. 492.
- Lake Superior its physical character, vegetation and animals, compared with those of other and similar regions / Boston: Gould, Kendall and Lincoln, 1850. url .
- Lake Superior. [With a narrative of the tour by J. Elliot Cabot. Huntington, N.Y.]R. E. Krieger Pub. Co., 1974 [c1850] url p. 156.
- Lake Superior: its physical character, vegetation, and animals, compared with those of other and similar regions. By Louis Agassiz. With a narrative of the tour, by J. Elliot Cabot. And contributions by other scientific gentlemen. .. Boston, Gould, Kendall and Lincoln, 1850. url p. 156, p. 156.
- Landscape reclamation: a report on research into problems of reclaiming derelict land, by a research team of the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. GuildfordIPC Science and Technology Press1971- url p. 88.
- Lawns and gardens. How to plant and beautify the home lot, the pleasure ground and garden, by N. Jönsson-Rose. With numerous plans and illustrations by the author. New York, G. P. Putnam, 1897. url p. 307.
- Life and its maintenance. A symposium on biological problems of the day. London [etc.], Blackie and son, limited, 1919. url p. 133.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 207.
- List of herbaceous perennials tested in the arboretum and botanic garden: central experimental farm, Ottawa, Canada, with descriptions of flowers, and other notes by W. T. Macoun. Ottawa: Government Printing Bureau, 1908. url p. 67.
- Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology. London: printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1829-1837. url p. 340.
- Magazine of zoology and botany. Edinburgh; Dublin. url p. 122.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1856. url .
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 567, p. 568.
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url p. 104, p. 160, p. 29, p. 40.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 374.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 410.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 9 1900 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 133, p. 207, p. 273.
- Memorials, journal and botanical correspondence of Charles Cardale Babington. Cambridge, [Eng.]: Macmillan and Bowes, 1897. url p. 53.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 21.
- Mémoires. Bruxelles, The Society. url p. 142, p. 150, p. 31, p. 46.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 465, p. 604.
- New manual of botany. A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearr. and extensively rev. by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New YorkAmerican Book Co.[c1908] url p. 527.
- Newman's entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1869-1876] url p. 515.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 200, p. 91.
- Notes on the flora of Connecticut / [prepared by A.W. Driggs]. [Hartford]: State Board of Education, 1901. url p. 17.
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url .
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 617.
- Oecology of plants: an introduction to the study of plant-communities / by Eug. Warming; assisted by Martin Vahl; prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 324.
- Oecology of plants; an introduction to the study of plant-communities, by Eug. Warming, assisted by Martin Vahl. Prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 324.
- Oliver, D. Flora of tropical Africa /by Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. 2 1871 London: L. Reeve and co., 1868-1999. url p. 173.
- On British wild flowers considered in relation to insects / by Lord Avebury. London: Macmillan, 1909. url p. 95.
- On buds and stipules, by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. .. With 4 coloured plates and 340 figures in the text. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner & Co., ltd., 1899. url p. 160, p. 175.
- On buds and stipules. LondonK. Paul, Trench, Trübner1899 url , p. 176.
- On the popular names of British plants, being an explanation of the origin and meaning of the names of our indigenous and most commonly cultivated species. By R. C. A. Prior. London: Williams and Norgate, 1870. url p. 242.
- Organography of plants, especially of the archegoniatae and spermaphyta, ed. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford, Clar. Press, 1900-5. url p. 366.
- Permanent and temporary pastures, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1911. url .
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 362, p. 363, p. 602.
- Plant life on the farm. By Maxwell T. Masters. .. New York, Orange and Judd company, 1885. url p. 100, p. 93.
- Plant life on the farm. New York, Orange Judd Co., 1885. url , .
- Plant life. London, Vinton url , , , , .
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 558.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 558.
- Popular British entomology: containing a familiar and technical description of the insects most common to the various localities of the British Isles / by Maria E. Catlow. London: Routledge, Wayne, & Routledge, 1860. url p. 126.
- Popular field botany; containing a familiar and technical description of the plants most common to the various localities of the British Isles, adapted to the study of either the artificial or natural systems. London, Reeve, Benham & Reeve, 1849. url p. 318.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 105, p. 125, p. 168, p. 205, p. 248, p. 294.
- Practical plant biochemistry, by Muriel Wheldale Onslow. .. Cambridge, University press, 1920. url p. 74.
- Practical plant biochemistry. CambridgeUniversity Press1923 url p. 76.
- Proceedings - Cambridge Philosophical Society. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society [etc.] url p. 224.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 134, p. 74, p. 75, p. 80, p. 91.
- Proceedings of the Bristol Naturalists' Society. Bristol: The Society, 1863-1912. url p. 279.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 27.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 431, p. 503, p. 535, p. 78, p. 79, p. 89, p. 92.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 121, p. 36, p. 48, p. 53, p. 56, p. 6, p. 94.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url p. 133, p. 44.
- Quarterly journal of microscopical science. London, J. and A. Churchill [etc.] url p. 424.
- Report and Transactions of the Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists Glasgow:Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists, 1873-77. url p. 159.
- Report of the Canadian Arctic Expedition 1913-18. Ottawa, F. A. Acland, Printer to the King, 1919- url .
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url .
- Results of experiments at Rothamsted, the growth of leguminous crops, for many years in succession on the same land; being (with additions) a lecture delivered November, 1, 1889, at the Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, by J. H. Gilbert. Cirencester, 1889 url p. 27, p. 30, p. 31.
- Review of applied mycology. Kew, SurreyCommonwealth Mycological Institute url p. 341, p. 621.
- Royle, J. F. Illustrations of the botany and other branches of the natural history of the Himalayan Mountains: and of the flora of Cashmere /by J. Forbes Royle. 1 1839 London: Wm. H. Allen, 1839. url p. 192.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 17.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 102.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 279, p. 612, p. 614.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 174, p. 382.
- Select plants (exclusive of timber trees) readily eligible for Victorian industrial culture with indications of their native countries and some of their uses; an enumeration / offered by Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: s.n., 1872 url p. 67.
- Soil fertility and permanent agriculture, by Cyril G. Hopkins. .. Boston, Ginn, [c1910] url p. 396.
- Spixiana. 12 1989 München: Zoologische Staatssammlung München, 1977- url p. 236.
- Sport in Norway, and where to find it. Together with a short account of the vegetable productions of the country. To which is added, a list of the Alpine flora of the Dovre fjeld and of the Norwegian ferns, &c. By M. R. Barnard. .. London, Chapman and Hall, 1864. url p. 285, p. 285.
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 31.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1665.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url p. 702.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia; embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, New York, A. O. Moore, 1858. url p. 702.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 293, p. 332, p. 406, p. 406, p. 447, p. 447, p. 77, p. 77.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 107, p. 111, p. 121, p. 167, p. 168, p. 169, p. 180, p. 229, p. 229, p. 237, p. 37, p. 83.
- The British rust fungi (Uredinales) their biology and classification, Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url , .
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 25, p. 25.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 109, p. 57.
- The Canadian journal of science, literature and history. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1868-1878. url p. 293, p. 302.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal: Natural History Society, 1884-1916. url .
- The Coleoptera of the British islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. / by the Rev. W. W. Fowler. London: L. Reeve & co., 1887-1913. url p. 139, p. 158, p. 307.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 159.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 276.
- The English rock-garden, by Reginald Farrer. London, Jack, 1919. url p. 443.
- The Entomological magazine. London: Frederick Westley and A.H. Davis, 1833-1838 url p. 447, p. 447, p. 450, p. 450.
- The Entomologist's annual. London: John Van Voorst, 1855-1874. url p. 62, p. 85.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 159, p. 160, p. 19, p. 236, p. 307.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url , , p. 150, p. 152, p. 154, p. 158, p. 159, p. 159, p. 185, p. 201, p. 261, p. 269, p. 277, p. 283, p. 45, p. 50, p. 62, p. 68.
- The Entomologist. London: Edward Newman, 1840- url p. 144.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 195, p. 211, p. 83, p. 86, p. 95.
- The Farmers' register. Richmond, Va.: Edmund Ruffin, 1833-1843. url p. 669.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , p. 100, p. 141, p. 382.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1056, p. 1248, p. 499, p. 876.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 11, p. 113, p. 113, p. 114, p. 12, p. 128, p. 146, p. 168, p. 173, p. 336, p. 408, p. 533, p. 59, p. 771, p. 792, p. 80, p. 84, p. 91.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 124, p. 140, p. 15, p. 62.
- The Hope reports. Oxford: Printed for private circulation, 1897-1958. url p. 93.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url , p. 185, p. 188, p. 286, p. 299.
- The Journal of agricultural science. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press. url p. 31, p. 33, p. 37.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 103, p. 48, p. 49, p. 92, p. 92.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 22 1887 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 109, p. 217, p. 218, p. 23, p. 300, p. 301, p. 455, p. 516, p. 549.
- The Journal of the Quekett Microscopical Club. [London: Quekett Microscopical Club, 1868]-1966. url p. 37.
- The Leguminosae of Illinois. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1953. url p. 91.
- The Lepidoptera of the British Islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, their preparatory states, habits, and localities / by Charles G. Barrett. London: L. Reeve, 1893-1907. url p. 131, p. 235.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 396.
- The Manchester flora: a descriptive list of the plants growing wild within eighteen miles of Manchester, with notices of the plants commonly cultivated in gardens; preceded by an introduction to botany, by L. H. Grindon. London, W. White, 1859. url p. 178.
- The Naturalist. 1895 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 136, p. 219, p. 278, p. 31, p. 52, p. 54, p. 94.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery. London: Smith, Elder and co., 1863. url p. 299.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 398, p. 399.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 166.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 168, p. 171, p. 176, p. 218, p. 261, p. 362, p. 42, p. 506.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 155, p. 197, p. 601, p. 986.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 177, p. 743.
- The Rothamsted experiments on the growth of wheat, barley, and the mixed herbage of grass land. London, H. Cox, 1888. url p. 138, p. 149, p. 152, p. 155, p. 157, p. 170, p. 180, p. 183, p. 221, p. 230.
- The Rothamsted experiments: being an account of some of the results of the agricultural investigations, conducted at Rothamsted in the field, the feeding shed, and the laboratory over a period of fifty years. Edingurgh: Blackwood, 1895. url p. 127, p. 152.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 483.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 250, p. 284, p. 317, p. 319, p. 365, p. 41, p. 59, p. 78.
- The Victoria history of the county of Kent; ed. by William Page. London, Constable, 1908- url p. 159, p. 168, p. 169.
- The agriculturist's manual: being a familiar description of the agricultural plants cultivated in Europe: including practical observations respecting those suited to the climate of Great Britain and forming a report of Lawson's by Peter Lawson & Son. Edinburgh: William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh: Thomas Cadell, 141 Strand, London; and W. Curry Jun. & Co., Dublin, 1836. url p. 178.
- The birds of Berwickshire; with remarks on their local distribution migration, and habits, and also on the folk-lore, proverbs, popular rhymes and sayings connected with them, by George Muirhead. .. Edinburgh, David Douglas, 1889-95. url p. 239.
- The book of the Rothamsted experiments. 2d ed., rev. by E.J. Russell. Issued with the authority of the Lawes Agricultural Trust Committee. New YorkDutton1917 url p. 159, p. 160, p. 329.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 229.
- The botany of the Eastern Borders: with the popular names and uses of the plants, and of the customs and beliefs which have been associated with them / by George Johnston. London: J. Van Voorst, 1853. url p. 56.
- The botany of the eastern borders, with the popular names and uses of the plants, and of the customs and beliefs which have been associated with them. London, J. Van Voorst, 1853. url .
- The code of agriculture; including observations on gardens, orchards, woods and plantations; with an account of all recent improvements in the management of arable and grass land. By John Sinclair. London, Sherwood, Gilbert & Piper, 1832. url p. 83.
- The coleoptera of the British Islands, a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, with notes as to localities, habitats, etc. London, Reeve, 1887-91. url p. 139, p. 158, p. 161.
- The differentiation and specificity of starches in relation to genera, species, etc.; stereochemistry applied to protoplasmic processes and products, and as a strictly scientific basis for the classification of plants and animals Washington, D.C.Carnegie institution of Washington1913 url p. 263.
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url , , p. 169, p. 181.
- The farmer's and planter's encyclopaedia of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, suited to the comprehension of unscientific readers. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. With extensive additions adapting the work to the United States. .. By Gouverneur Emerson. .. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1868. url p. 702.
- The farmer's encyclopædia, and dictionary of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry. Adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers. .. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. Adapted to the United States by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 702.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 343.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 203, p. 206, p. 207, p. 211, p. 212.
- The field botanist's companion: comprising a familiar account, in the four seasons, of the most common of the wild flowering plants of the British Isles / by Thomas Moore. London: L. Reeve, 1862. url , p. 91.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 147, p. 157.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 211, p. 51.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 211.
- The flora of Oxfordshire and its contiguous counties: (comprising the flowering plants only;) arranged in easy and familiar language according to the Linnaean and natural systems; preceded by an introduction to botany / Oxford: H. Slatter, 1833. url p. 207, p. 207.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 30.
- The florist, fruitist, and garden miscellany. London: Chapman and Hall, 1852- url p. 112.
- The fungus flora of Yorkshire. A complete account of the known fungi of the county. By G. Massee and C. Crossland. London, A. Brown, 1905. url p. 185.
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 347.
- The illustrated dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists. Ed. by George Nicholson. Assisted by Professor J. W. H. Trail and J. Garrett. London: L. U. Gill, -89. url p. 238.
- The life of John Duncan Scotch weaver and botanist: with sketches of his friends and notices of the times / by William Jolly. London: Kegan Paul, Trench and Co., 1883. url p. 508.
- The little English flora, or, a botanical and popular account of all our common field flowers. London, Simpkin, Marshall & co., 1842. url p. 146.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The naturalist in Norway: or, Notes on the wild animals, birds, fishes, and plants of that country. .. / by Rev. J. Bowden. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1869. url p. 239.
- The naturalist's diary: a day-book of meteorology, phenology and rural biology. With a chart showing the blossoming of spring flowers in Europe, and an introduction of natural periodic phenomena, etc. 188-. London, Sonnenschein, Le Bas and Lowrey[pref. 1886] url .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 13, p. 14, p. 179, p. 241, p. 272, p. 325, p. 329, p. 339.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 186.
- The science and practice of farming during 1910 in Great Britain (England, Wales, Scotland) as seen through the scientific and agricultural press. Rome, Printed by the Unione Editrice, 1910. url p. 259.
- The study of plants; an introduction to botany and plant ecology. OxfordClarendon Press1915 url p. 380.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 138, p. 185, p. 187, p. 231.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url .
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 6.
- Tracts relative to botany, tr. from different languages. Illustrated by nine copper plates, and occasional remarks. London, Printed by Phillips and Fardon [etc.]1805. url p. 72.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url , , p. 112, p. 112, p. 151, p. 155, p. 162, p. 163.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 194, p. 227, p. 464.
- Transactions of the British Mycological Society. London: Cambridge University Press, [1897-c1988] url , .
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 300, p. 302, p. 313.
- Transactions of the Entomological Society of London. London, The Society. url p. 101, p. 373, p. 392, p. 419, p. 74.
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url p. 123.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. London: [The Society], 1791-1875. url p. 23.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 104, p. 106, p. 110, p. 154, p. 193, p. 463, p. 88.
- Transactions of the Tyneside Naturalists' Field Club. Newcastle-upon-Tyne: F. & W. Dodsworth, 1850-1864. url p. 200, p. 203.
- Transactions of the Watford Natural History Society and Hertfordshire Field Club. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1875-1880. url p. 102, p. 44.
- Travels in the central Caucasus and Bashan; including visits to Ararat and Tabreez and ascents of Kazbek and Elbruz. By Douglas W. Freshfield. London: Longmans, Green, & co., 1869. url p. 503, p. 504.
- Upon some properties of soils, which have grown a cereal crop and a leguminous crop for many years in succession. By Sir John Bennet Lawes. [Cirencester, Eng.]1895. url p. 66.
- Vegetation of the Peak District / C. E. Moss. Cambridge: University Press, 1913. url p. 113.
- Vegetation of the Peak District. Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url p. 113, p. 141, p. 159.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 215, p. 234.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 215, p. 234.
- Wild flowers. London, Dodge url p. 42.
- Withering, W. A systematic arrangement of British plants: with an easy introduction to the study of botany. 3 1801 London: Printed for T. Cadell, jun [etc.], 1801. url p. 619.
- Works on forestry [by] J.C. Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1883-87. url p. 184.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed March 27, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- GBIF-Spain, Departamento de Biolog. Veg. II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid: MAF
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Scottish Borders Biological Records Centre - SWT Scottish Borders Local Wildlife Site Survey data 1996-2000 - species information
- University of Turku provider, Rosaceae and Fabaceae of Kevo region, Northern Finland
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2650627
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-5269
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4395043
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:501954-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 21607
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 25874
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDFAB250U0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: LAPR
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 45368
- "Lathyrus". in Flora of Pakistan Page 275. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 114.250 meters (374.836 feet), Standard Deviation = 180.520 based on 20,000 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]