Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Arabic:
Al Gulbân El Kabîr
Common Names in English:
Broad-Leaf Peavine, Breitbl, Breitblttrige Platterbse, Broad-Leaved Everlasting Pea, Broad-Leaved Everlasting-Pea, Broadleaf Peavine, Everlasting Pea, Everlasting Peavine, Everlasting-Pea, Everlasting-Pea (Usa), Perennial Pea, Perennial Peavine, Perennial Sweet Pea, Perennial Sweetpea, Perennial-Pea, Perennial-Pea (Usa), Sweet Pea
Common Names in Estonian:
Common Names in French:
Gesse a Larges Flles, Pois à Bouquet, Pois Vivace
Common Names in German:
Breitblattrige Platterbse, Grosse Platterbse
Common Names in Italian:
Pisello a Mazzetti, Pisello Vivace
Common Names in Japanese:
Hiroha No Renri Sou
Common Names in Romanian:
Mănerei De Pădure
Common Names in Russian:
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Turkish:
Her Dam Taze Bizelya
or straggling, stem frequently winged
. Leaf mostly paripinnately compound
, rachis ending in a tendril
, rarely in a bristle
, leaflets 2-many or rarely absent, entire; stipules usually large, semisagittate or entire. Inflorescence an axillary
or solitary. Calyx regular to irregular. Vexillum mostly broad with a short claw
or coherent to the keel. Stamens diadelphous
9+1 or monadelphous
, vexillary stamen free or connate
with the tube
. Ovary subsessile
, style dorsally
to spathulate, pubescent
on the upper side, rarely glabrous
, stigma terminal
or capitate. Fruit compressed, 2-many seeded.
A genus with about 130 species, widely distributed in the northern hemisphere, S. America and Africa.
Habit: Herb • Climbing: Climbing • Growth Form: Rhizomatous • Shape and Orientation: Decumbent
Flowers: Bloom Period: Late Spring • Flower Color: Purple • Flower Conspicuous: Yes
Seeds: Seed per Pound: 8000 • Seed Spread Rate: Slow • Seedling Vigor: Low • Fruit/Seed Abundance: Low • Fruit/Seed Color: Brown • Fruit/Seed Conspicuous: No • Cold Stratification Required: No
Foliage: Foliage Color: Green • Foliage Porosity Summer: Moderate • Foliage Porosity Winter: Porous • Foliage Texture: Coarse • Fall Conspicuous: No • Leaf Retention: No
Active Growth Period: Spring and Summer • Growth Rate: Moderate • After Harvest Regrowth Rate: Slow • Mature Height (feet): 2.0 • Size: 6-8' tall. • Vegetative Spread Rate: Moderate • Lifespan: Lifespan
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 1,585 meters (0 to 5,200 feet).
Duration: Perennial • Coppice Potential: No • Progagated by Bulbs: No • Propagated by Bare Root: No • Propagated by Container: No • Propagated by Corms: No • Propagated by Cuttings: No • Propagated by Seed: Yes • Propagated by Sod: No • Propagated by Sprigs: No • Propagated by Tubers: No • Fruit/Seed Period Begin: Summer • Fruit/Seed Period End: Summer • Fruit/Seed Persistence: No
Culture: Space 3-6" apart.
Soil: Adapted to Medium Textured: Adapted to Medium Textured Soils • Adapted to Coarse Textured Soils: Yes • Anaerobic Tolerance: None • Salinity Tolerance: None • CaCO3 Tolerance: High • Minimum pH: 5.8 • Maximum pH: 7.5 • Fertility Requirement: Medium
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade. • Shade Tolerance: Intolerant
Moisture: Drought Tolerance: High • Minimum Precipitation: 26 • Maximum Precipitation: 60 • Moisture Use: Low
Temperature: Minimum Temperature (F): -38 • Minimum Frost Free Days: 140 • Cold Hardiness: 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Order: Fabales () - Bromhead, 1838
- Superorder: Rosanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Lathyrus megalanthus Steud. • Lathyrus membranaceus C. Presl • Lathyrus sylvestris L. var. latifolius (L.) Fiori • Lathyrus sylvestris L. latifolius (L.) Bonnier & Layens • Lathyrus sylvestris latifolius Bonnier & Layens
Members of the genus Lathyrus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 177 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
L. angulatus (Angled Pea) · L. annuus (Annual Sweet Pea) · L. annuus red (Annual Yellow Vetchling) · L. aphaca (Ranken Platterbse) · L. aureus (Golden Pea) · L. belinensis (Sweet Pea) · L. biflorus (Two Flowered Lathyrus) · L. bijugatus (Drypark Pea) · L. blepharicarpus (Syrian Vetchling) · L. brachycalyx (Bonneville Pea) · L. brachycalyx brachycalyx (Bonneville Vetchling) · L. chloranthus (Sweet Pea) · L. cicera (Red Pea) · L. cirrhosus (Cirrhose Vetch) · L. clymenum (Jointed Pea (As L Articulatus)) · L. clymenum articulatus (Cicercha Purpurina) · L. delnorticus (Del Norte Pea) · L. eucosmus (Bush Peavine) · L. glandulosus (Redwood Pea) · L. graminifolius (Grass-Leaf Peavine) · L. grandiflorus (Everlasting-Pea) · L. grimesii (Grimes Pea) · L. heterophyllus (Norfolk Everlasting-Pea) · L. hirsutus (Caley Pea) · L. hitchcockianus (Bullfrog Hills Sweetpea) · L. holochlorus (Thin-Leaf Vetchling) · L. inconspicuus (Inconspicuous Pea) · L. japonicus japonicus (Beach Pea) · L. japonicus japonicus var. japonicus (Beach Pea) · L. japonicus maritimus var. maritimus (Beach Pea) · L. japonicus var. parviflorus (Smallflower Beach Pea) · L. japonicus var. pubescens (Downy Beach Pea) · L. jepsonii californicus (Delta Peavine) · L. jepsonii jepsonii (Delta Tule-Pea) · L. lanszwertii aridus (Nevada Pea) · L. lanszwertii aridus var. aridus (Nevada Pea) · L. lanszwertii lanszwertii var. lanszwertii (Lanszwert's Pea) · L. lanszwertii var. leucanthus (Arizona Peavine) · L. latifolius (Broad-Leaf Peavine) · L. latifolius 'Pink Pearl' (Pink Pearl Everlasting Pea) · L. latifolius 'White Pearl' (Everlasting Pea) · L. laxiflorus (Sochevichnik Redkotzvetkovyi) · L. ledebourii (Sochevichnik Promezhutochnyi) · L. leucanthus (Aspen Pea) · L. linifolius (Berg Platterbse) · L. littoralis (Gray Beach Peavine) · L. maritima (Beach Pea) · L. nervosus (Lord Ansons Blue Pea) · L. nevadensis (Sierra Nevada Peavine) · L. nevadensis nevadensis (Sierra Pea) · L. nevadensis var. nuttallii (Sierra Pea) · L. nevadensis var. pilosellus (Sierra Pea) · L. nevadensis var. puniceus (Sierra Pea) · L. niger (Black Pea) · L. niger niger (Black Pea) · L. nissolia (Gras Platterbse) · L. ochroleucus (Common Vetchling) · L. ochrus (Winged Vetchling) · L. odoratus (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'America' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Antique Fantasy Mix' (Antique Fantasy Mix Sweet Pea Lathyrus Odoratus) · L. odoratus 'April in Paris' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Barry Dare' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Beaujolais' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Black Knight' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Blanche Ferry' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Blue Danube' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Blue Reflections' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Blue Ripple' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Blue Velvet' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Bouquet Mix' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Butterfly' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Captain of the Blues' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Charlie's Angel' (Charlie's Angel Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Chatsworth' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Cupani' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Cupid' (Windowbox Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Diamond Wedding' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Dolly Varden' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Dragonfly' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Dreamy Sunset' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Early Mammoth Mixed' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Early Multiflora Mix' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Elizabeth Taylor' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Fantasia Mix' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Flagship' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Flora Norton' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Fragrant Skies' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Galaxy Mix' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Henry Eckford' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'High Scent' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Janet Scott' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Julie Ann' (Sweet Pea 'julie Ann') · L. odoratus 'King Edward Vii' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Knee High' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Lady Grisel Hamilton' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Late Spencer Choice Mix' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Leamington' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Lilac Ripple' (Sweet Pea) · L. odoratus 'Lizbeth' (Sweet Pea)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- 2nd International congress of entomology, Oxford, August, 1912. .. Oxford, Printed by Hazell, Watson & Viney, Ld., 1913-14. url p. 380.
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url .
- A contribution to our knowledge of seedlings; by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url p. 393.
- A dictionary of American plant names, compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill., W. N. Clute, 1923. url p. 19.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 103, p. 42.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 364.
- A first report on the relations between climates and crops. By Cleveland Abbe. Washington [D.C.]: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 210.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 394.
- A guide to the wild flowers east of the Mississippi and north of Virginia / by Norman Taylor. New York: Greenberg, 1928. url p. 75.
- A little book of perennials, by Alfred C. Hottes. New York, N. Y., The A. T. De La Mare1923. url p. 39.
- A manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants. By John Hutton Balfour. London: J. J. Griffin [etc.] 1851. url p. 208.
- A manual of gardening for Bengal and Upper India. By Thomas A. C. Firminger. .. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink and co.; [etc., etc.]1874. url p. 444.
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 564, p. 582.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url .
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 57, p. 611, p. 91.
- A practical handbook of trees, shrubs, vines and herbaceous perennials, by John Kirkegaard. Boston, Williams Bookstores Co., 1916. url p. 389.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 26.
- A study of the genus Lathyrus: the genus Lathyrus, the sweet pea in botany and horticulture, classification of garden varieties of the sweet pea, winter flowering sweet peas / by Alvin Casey Beal. Albany; 1914 url p. 667, p. 673, p. 676.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 85.
- A tour round North Wales, performed during the summer of 1798; containing not only the description and local history of the ocuntry but also, a sketch of the history of the Welsh bards; and essay on the language; observations on the manners and customs; and the h illus. with views in aquatinta by Alken. London: E. Williams, 1800. url p. 416.
- A year's gardening London, T. Werner Laurie, [1912?] url .
- A year's gardening, New York, C. Scribner's sons[1912?] url p. 219.
- Addisonia: colored illustrations and popular descriptions of plants. New York: New York Botanical Garden, 1916-. url , , , , , , p. 35, p. 66, p. 67.
- Agricultural bacteriology, by Joseph E. Greaves. .. illustrated with 48 engravings. PhiladelphiaLea & Febiger, 1922. url p. 296, p. 296.
- Agrostographia; a treatise on the cultivated grasses and other herbage and forage plants. Edinburgh, W. Blackwood, 1877. url .
- Alien flora of Britain. London, West, Newman, 1905. url p. 56.
- All about sweet peas. Philadelphia, W. A. Burpee & co., 1894. url p. 12, p. 61.
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Ross, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828. url p. 882.
- An encyclopædia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1827. url p. 882, p. 887.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 618, p. 619, p. 621.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 413, p. 416, p. 416.
- An introduction to physiological & systematical botany. Philadelphia, A. Finley;1814. url p. 392.
- An introduction to physiological and systematical botany. By James Edward Smith.... London, Longman, Hurst, Reese, and Orme, 1809. url p. 124.
- An introduction to the study of English botany; with a glossary of terms. London: H. Washbourne, 1832. url p. 63.
- An introduction to the study of botany, including a treatise on vegetable physiology, and descriptions of the most common plants in the middle and northern states. By J.L. Comstock. .. New York, Pratt, Woodford, Farmer & Brace, 1856 [c1854] url p. 273.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 172, p. 172.
- And the wilderness blossomed, Philadelphia, H.W. Fisher & company, 1901. url , , , p. 164, p. 279.
- Andorra hand-book [of trees and shrubs] Philadelphia url p. 106.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 455.
- Annual report of the Agricultural Experiment Station / Cornell University, College of Agriculture. Ithaca, N.Y.: The University, 1889-1899. url p. 610.
- Annual report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Albany: State of New York, Dept. of Agriculture, 1894-1911. url p. 610.
- Annual report of the New York State College of Agriculture at Cornell University and the Agricultural Experiment Station. [Ithaca, N.Y.?], 1911-1971. (Albany, N.Y.: url p. 666, p. 667, p. 673, p. 676.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 292.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 61 2002 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 173, p. 48, p. 5, p. 63, p. 77.
- Biltmore Nursery, Biltmorse, N.C. [North Carolina?: The Nursery?], c1912 url p. 120, p. 185.
- Biochemical systematics [by] Ralph E. Alston [and] B. L. Turner. Englewood Cliffs, N.J., Prentice-Hall url p. 189, p. 367.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url .
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 245.
- Botany for secondary schools; a guide to the knowledge of the vegetation of the neighborhood, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 381.
- Botany, an elementary text for schools. New YorkMacmillan1900 url p. 317.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 45, p. 46.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 111, p. 60, p. 62, p. 63.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 1 1898 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 150, p. 371.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 49 1922 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 160.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 12, p. 51, p. 55, p. 55, p. 59, p. 59, p. 9, p. 9.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 23, p. 53.
- Canadian journal of agricultural science. Ottawa [etc.] url p. 61.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 398, p. 401, p. 402.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 526, p. 593.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 526, p. 593.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 257.
- Climbing plants, by William Watson; with introduction by W. Robinson. London [etc.]T. C. & E. C. Jack url p. 104.
- Colour in my garden, by Louise Beebe Wilder. Illustrated in colour, by Anna Winegar. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1918. url p. 227, p. 394, p. 395, p. 396, p. 397, p. 398, p. 399.
- Commercial plant propagation; an exposition of the art and science of increasing plants as practiced by the nurseryman, florist and gardener, by Alfred C. Hottes. New York, A. T. De La Mare Company, 1918. url p. 20.
- Common and scientific names of weeds in Canada = Noms populaires et scientifiques des plantes nuisibles du Canada / Ottawa: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada = Agriculture et agroalimentaire Canada, c2000. url p. 76.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 642.
- Curtis's botanical magazine. 122 1896 London; New York [etc.]: Academic Press [etc.] url .
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 327.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 888, p. 889.
- Dictionary of arts, manufactures, and mines containing a clear exposition of their principles and practice by Robert Hunt, assisted by F.W. Rudler. London, Longmans, 1875-78. url p. 257.
- Elements of practical agriculture; comprehending the cultivation of plants, the husbandry of the domestic animals, and the economy of the farm. London: Longman, [etc., etc.], 1838. url p. 421.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 11, p. 16.
- Every woman's flower garden: how to make and keep it beautiful / by Mary Hampden; with five colour plates by Mary S. Reeve and 83 designs by the author. New York: Duffield & Company, 1915. url p. 294.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 632.
- Experimental pollination; an outline of the ecology of flowers and insects, by Frederic E. Clements and Frances L. Long. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1923. url p. 151.
- Familiar garden flowers / London: Cassell, [1879-1887] url .
- Flora Scotica; or, A description of Scottish plants, arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods. London, Printed by R. and A. Taylor, for A. Constable, 1821. url p. 267.
- Flora calpensis; contributions to the botany and topography of Gibraltar, and its neighbourhood. By E. F. Kelaart. London, J. van Voorst, 1846. url p. 200.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 71.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 187, p. 574.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 187, p. 574.
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 158.
- Flora of Guatemala: families Leguminosae, Geraniaceae, Oxalidaceae, Tropaeolaceae, Linaceae, Erythroxylaceae, Zygophyllaceae, Rutaceae, Simaroubaceae, Burseraceae, Meliaceae, and Malpighiaceae / by Paul C. Standley and Julian A. Steyermark. 24 1946 Chicago, Ill.: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1946. url p. 273.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 82.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 139.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 1068, p. 618.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 1126.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 411.
- Flora scotica, or, A description of Scottish plants arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods: in two parts / by William Jackson Hooker. .. Edinburgh: A. Constable, 1821. url p. 563.
- Flora's dictionary / by a lady. Baltimore: Published by Fielding Lucas Jr., 1832. url .
- Florist's manual. .. [Boston]1833. url p. 195.
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , p. 12.
- Florula Mortolensis. An enumeration of the plants growing wild at La Mortola. Ventimiglia, Billi, 1905. url .
- Flower gardening, New York, bMcBride, Nast & company, 1913. url .
- Flower gardening, by H. S. Adams. New York, McBride, Nast & Company, 1913. url p. 177.
- Flowering plants of the Riviera: a sescriptive account of 1800 of the more interesting species / by H. Stuart Thompson; with an introduction on Riviera vegetation by A. G. Tansley London; New York: Longmans, Green, 1914. url .
- Forty years Burpee service--fortieth anniversary supplement, 1876-1916. Philadelphia, c1915 url p. 29.
- Four garden letters; to the boys and girls of the Civic league's first garden contest. .. Omaha, The Douglas printing compnay, c1913 url .
- Fritz Bahr's commercial floriculture; a practical manual for the retail grower, New York, The A. T. De la Mare company, inc.[c1922] url , .
- Fundamentals of botany / by C. Stuart Gager. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., c1916. url p. 466, p. 630.
- Fundamentals of botany, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., 1916. url .
- Fundamentals of botany, by C. Stuart Gager. With 435 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston, 1916. url p. 630.
- Fundamentals of botany. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 466, p. 630.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url , , p. 159, p. 228, p. 241, p. 277, p. 296, p. 307, p. 309, p. 327, p. 330, p. 333, p. 360, p. 397, p. 442, p. 79.
- Garden colour: Spring, by Mrs. C. W. Earle; Summer, by E. V. B.; Autumn, by Rose Kingsley; Winter, by the Hon. Vicary Gibbs; etc., etc. Notes & water color sketches by Margaret Waterfield. 1905 London, E. P. Dutton & company, 1905. url p. 189.
- Garden flowers: how to cultivate them. A treatise on the culture of hardy ornamental trees, shrubs, annuals, herbaceous and bedding plants. By Edward Sprague Rand, jr. Boston: J. E. Tilton and Company, 1866. url p. 220.
- Garden flowers; how to cultivate them. A treatise on the culture of hardy ornamental trees, shrubs, annuals, herbaceous and bedding plants. By Edward Sprague Rand, jr.. .. Boston, J. E. Tilton and company, 1866. url p. 220.
- Garden guide; the amateur gardeners' handbook. Profusely illustrated with over 275 teaching plans and diagrams and reproduced photographs, all made expressly for this standard text book. Edited by A. T. De La Mare. New York, A. T. De La Mare[c1920] url p. 122.
- Gardeners' chronicle of America. New York: Chronicle Press, 1905-1950. url p. 271, p. 626.
- Gardening for amateurs; a simple, complete, and practical guide for garden lovers, edited by H. H. Thomas. Illustrated by twenty-four coloured plates and many hundreds of photographs and sketches. New York: Funk and Wagnalls company,  url p. 178, p. 375, p. 389, p. 566, p. 668.
- Gardening. Chicago, the Gardening Co., 1892-1925. url p. 22, p. 306, p. 322, p. 36.
- Gardens near the sea; the making and care of gardens on or near the coast with reference also to lawns and grounds and to trees and shrubbery, New York, Frederick A. Stokes company[c1910] url , .
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 527.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 386, p. 387.
- Green manures and manuring in the tropics, including an account of the economic value of leguminosæ as sources of foodstuffs, vegetable oils, drugs, &c. By P. de Sornay. .. tr. by F.W. Flattely. .. from the well-known work, "Les plantes tropicales alimentaires et industrielles de la famille des légumineuses." London, J. Bale, Sons & Danielsson, Ltd., 1916. url .
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 651.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 206, p. 207.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , .
- Handbook of hardy trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants. .. Based on the French work of Messrs. Decaisne and Naudin. ..entitled 'Manuel de l'amateur des jardins, ' and including the original woodcuts by Riocreux and Leblanc. Boston, Estes & Lauriat, 1873. url , .
- Handbook of plants. New York: P. Henderson, 1881. url p. 116.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 126.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and New Castle County, Delaware, with keys for identification comp. by Ida A. Keller and Stewardson Brown. Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url p. 204.
- Hardy flowers. Descriptions of upwards of thirteen hundred of the most ornamental species, with directions for their arrangement, culture, etc.. .. By W. Robinson. London, Macmillan, 1878. url p. 156.
- Hardy perennials and old-fashioned garden flowers. Describing the most desirable plants for borders, rockcries, and shrubberies, and including both foliage and flowering plants. By John Wood. London, L.U. Gill, 1884. url p. 160, p. 313, p. 314, p. 315.
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url .
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, by Helen R. Albee; illustrated from photographs. New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url , , , , p. 189.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 149, p. 307.
- Horticultural register, and gardener's magazine. Boston, G. D. Barrett [etc.] url p. 115, p. 260.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url p. 149, p. 38, p. 39, p. 699.
- How to make a country place; an account of the successes and the mistakes of an amateur in thirty-five years of farming, building, and development: together with a practical plan for securing a home and an independent income, starting with small capital, by Joseph Dillaway Sawyer. .. New York: Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.], 1914. url p. 371.
- How to make a flower garden; a manual of practical information and suggestions. New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1903. url p. 337, p. 338, p. 338, p. 339, p. 339, p. 343.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 299.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 120.
- Introduction to physiological and systematical botany. London, Longman, 1819. url p. 392.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 104, p. 105, p. 92, p. 94.
- Irish gardening. Dublin: Pub. Office, 1906-1922 url p. 103.
- Journal of Hymenoptera research. Washington, D.C.: International Society of Hymenopterists, [1992- url p. 70.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 48 1910 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 12, p. 123, p. 261, p. 288, p. 68.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 8-9 1988-1989 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 109.
- Journal of genetics. Cambridge: University Press, 1910-1977. url p. 136, p. 137, p. 138.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 23 1922 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 26.
- Knowledge. v. 1-40; Nov. 1881-Dec. 1917. LondonWyman [etc.] url p. 150.
- Landscape garden series, ed. by Ralph Rodney Root. Davenport, Ia.: The Garden Press,  url p. 35.
- Landscape gardening. New York [etc.]G. P. Putnam's sons, 1891. url p. 323.
- Landscape gardening. Notes and suggestions on lawns and lawn planting--laying out and arrangement of country places, large and small parks, cemetery plots, and railway-station lawns--deciduous and evergreen trees and shru New York, G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1891. url , .
- Lawns and gardens. How to plant and beautify the home lot, the pleasure ground and garden, by N. Jönsson-Rose. With numerous plans and illustrations by the author. New York: G. P. Putnam, 1897. url p. 307.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url , , .
- Lectures on the elements of botany. Part I. Containing the descriptive anatomy of those organs, on which the growth and preservation of the vegetable depend. By Anthony Todd Thomson, F. L. S.. .. Vol. I. London, Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme and Brown, 1822. url p. 267, p. 653.
- Letters on the elements of botany, addressed to a lady, by the celebrated J.J. Rousseau. Translated into English, with notes, and twenty-four additional letters, fully explaining the system of Linnaeus, by Thomas Martyn. London, B. and J. White, 1796. url p. 358.
- Letters on the elements of botany. Addressed to a lady. By the celebrated J.J. Rousseau. Translated into English, with notes, and twenty-four additional letters, fully explaining the system of Linnaeus, by Thomas Martyn. London, B. White, 1787. url .
- Letters on the elements of botany: addressed to a lady / by the celebrated J.J. Rousseau; translated into English, with notes, and twenty-four additional letters, fully explaining the system of Linnaeus, by Thomas Martyn. London: Printed for B. White and Son, 1791. url p. 358.
- List of herbaceous perennials tested in the arboretum and botanic garden: central experimental farm, Ottawa, Canada, with descriptions of flowers, and other notes by W. T. Macoun. Ottawa: Government Printing Bureau, 1908. url p. 67.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 14, p. 16, p. 16, p. 20.
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , , , p. 105, p. 109, p. 120, p. 127, p. 128, p. 140, p. 145, p. 149, p. 79, p. 91, p. 92.
- Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology. London: printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1829-1837. url p. 223, p. 59.
- Magazine of zoology and botany. Edinburgh; Dublin. url p. 296.
- Making a rock garden / by H. S. Adams. New York:McBride, Nast, 1912. url p. 49.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1856. url .
- Manual of gardening: a practical guide to the making of home grounds and the growing of flowers, fruits, and vegetables for home use / New York: Macmillan Co., 1911. url , .
- Manual of gardening; a practical guide to the making of home grounds and the growing of flowers, fruits, and vegetables for home use, New York, The Macmillan Company, 1917. url .
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1072, p. 1179.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including Virginia, Kentucky, and all east of the Mississippi / by Asa Gray; (The mosses and liverworts by Wm. S. Sullivant.) New York: Ivison, Phinney, 1863, c1862. url p. xliv.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 9 1900 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 237.
- Miller, P. The gardeners dictionary: containing the best and newest methods of cultivating and improving the kitchen, fruit, flower garden, and nursery, as also for performing the practical parts of agriculture, including the management of vineyards, with the methods of making and preserving wine, according to the present practice of the most skilful vignerons in the several wine countries in Europe, together with directions for propagating and improving, from real practice and experience, all sorts of timber trees /by Philip Miller. 1768 London: Printed for the author and sold by John and Francis Rivington. .. [and 23 others], 1768. url p. LAT-LAT.
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 144.
- My garden, its plan and culture together with a general description of its geology, botany, and natural history, by Alfred Smee. .. Illustrated with one thousand two hundred and fifty engravings. London, Bell and Daldy, 1872. url p. 233.
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 25.
- Natural history of Selborne & observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. New York, Appleton, 1895. url p. 229.
- Natural history of Selborne, and observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. Toronto: Musson Book Co., 1904. url p. 229.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 245, p. 96.
- New book of flowers. By Joseph Breck. New York, O. Judd & company[c1866] url p. 256.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 3 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 237.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 447.
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url .
- Observations on the structure of fruits and seeds / London: John Harding, 1819. url p. 90.
- Old-fashioned gardening; a history and a reconstruction, by Grace Tabor. New York, McBride, Nast & company, 1913. url p. 218.
- On buds and stipules, by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. .. With 4 coloured plates and 340 figures in the text. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner & Co., ltd., 1899. url p. 160, p. 177.
- On buds and stipules. LondonK. Paul, Trench, Trübner1899 url , p. 177.
- On the popular names of British plants, being an explanation of the origin and meaning of the names of our indigenous and most commonly cultivated species. By R. C. A. Prior. London: Williams and Norgate, 1870. url p. 176, p. 73.
- Organography of plants, especially of the archegoniatae and spermaphyta, ed. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford, Clar. Press, 1900-5. url p. 367, p. 648.
- Our garden flowers; a popular study of their native lands, their life histories, and their structural affiliations, New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1910. url .
- Pamphlets on silviculture. [1899- url p. 9.
- Paradisi in sole paradisus terrestris, by John Parkinson. Faithfully reprinted from the edition of 1629. London, Methuen & co., 1904. url p. 338, p. 340, p. 616, p. 618.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 362.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 1, p. 163, p. 494, p. 75, p. 87.
- Plant culture; a working hand-book of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, by George W. Oliver. New York, A. T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Co., c1912. url , p. 104, p. 104.
- Plant culture; a working handbook of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse. New York, A. T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Co., 1900. url p. 74.
- Plant propagation; greenhouse and nursery practice, by M. G. Kains. .. New York, Orange Judd company, 1916. url p. 300.
- Plants, their natural growth and ornamental treatment, Belfast, Marcus Ward & Co., 1874. url .
- Practical plant propagation; an exposition of the art and science of increasing plants as practiced by the nurseryman, florist and gardener, by Alfred C. Hottes. New York, A. T. De La Mare company, inc., 1922. url p. 26.
- Preliminary report on the alfalfa weevil. [Phytonomus posticus] Washington, Govt. print. off., 1912. url p. 24, p. 46.
- Prince's select catalogue of the unrivaled collection of roses, carnations, chrysanthemums, phlox, iris, double sweet williams, hollyhocks: and other herbaceous flowering plants, Linn©an Botanic Gardens and Nurseries, Flushing, Long Island, N.Y. / William R. Prince & Co. New York: Baker and Godwin, 1857. url p. 42.
- Principles of soil microbiology, by Selman A. Waksman. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1927. url p. 136.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 19, p. 31.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 147.
- Proceedings of the International Congress of Genetics. V. p. url p. 470.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , p. 73.
- Proceedings of the annual convention of the society of American Florists. Boston [etc.]Society of American Florists and Ornamental Horticulturalists. url p. 111, p. 94, p. 95, p. 96.
- Proceedings of the section of sciences / Koninklijke Akademie van Wetenschappen te Amsterdam. Amsterdam: Johannes Müller, [1899-1937]. url p. 390, p. 392.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url p. 115.
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 177.
- Rambles in search of wild flowers, and how to distinguish them. London, Journal of horticulture and cottage gardener, 1864. url p. 90.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 174.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url .
- Report. Victoria, B.C. url p. 22.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 23.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 278, p. 614.
- Social life in the insect world. London, T.F. Unwin, 1912- url p. 274.
- Spicilegium florae Maroccanae / by John Ball. London: Printed by Taylor and Francis, 1878. url p. 440.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 259, p. 359, p. 48.
- Stout manual training school; a handbook for planning and planting small home grounds. .. with a list of native and commonly cultivated plants that are represented in the collection upon the Stout manual training school grounds. Menomonie, Wis., Stout manual training school, 1899. url p. 61.
- Studies in seeds and fruits, an investigation with the balance, London, Williams and Norgate, 1912. url .
- Sweet peas / Horace J. Wright. New York: Frederick A. Stokes url p. 5.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia and dictionary of rural affairs: embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry / adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 702.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url p. 702.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 1041, p. 1071, p. 1083, p. 1215, p. 1227, p. 1230, p. 1244, p. 1279, p. 137, p. 1784, p. 199, p. 258, p. 305, p. 307, p. 349, p. 376, p. 400, p. 420, p. 452, p. 55, p. 628, p. 632, p. 79, p. 823, p. 835, p. 909, p. 91, p. 917, p. 959, p. 973.
- The American flower garden / by Neltje Blanchan; planting lists by Leonard Barron; illustrated with one hundred full-page photographs. New York: Doubleday, Page & Company, 1909. url , p. 335, p. 335, p. 364.
- The American flower garden, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1909. url p. 226.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 332.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 100, p. 45.
- The California horticulturist and floral magazine. San Francisco, Cal.: F.A. Miller & Co., [1870- url p. 16, p. 16, p. 250.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 62 1948 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 192, p. 86.
- The Canadian horticulturist [monthly] St. Catharines, E.S. Leavenworth. url p. 34, p. 392.
- The Cottage gardener. [London: W.S. Orr, url , p. 421.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 277, p. 278.
- The English flora. London: Longman, 1824 url p. 277, p. 360.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement shown by existing examples of gardens in Great Britain and Ireland, followed by a description of the plants, shrubs, and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. London: J. Murray, 1911. url p. 643.
- The English rock-garden, by Reginald Farrer. London, Jack, 1919. url p. 443.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 279.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 102, p. 185, p. 190, p. 274.
- The Floral world and garden guide. London, Groombridge and Sons, 1858-1880. url p. 153, p. 160.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 1034, p. 1072, p. 1126, p. 1144, p. 128, p. 139, p. 141, p. 215, p. 220, p. 322, p. 450, p. 488, p. 492, p. 592, p. 614, p. 7, p. 79, p. 842, p. 877, p. 980.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , , , , , , , , p. 104, p. 107, p. 107, p. 111, p. 123, p. 129, p. 146, p. 15, p. 15, p. 152, p. 154, p. 156, p. 158, p. 164, p. 185, p. 188, p. 196, p. 206, p. 215, p. 216, p. 225, p. 232, p. 242, p. 259, p. 268, p. 28, p. 289, p. 293, p. 3, p. 303, p. 305, p. 306, p. 31, p. 324, p. 337, p. 341, p. 344, p. 346, p. 352, p. 353, p. 380, p. 380, p. 382, p. 401, p. 406, p. 42, p. 426, p. 432, p. 437, p. 45, p. 466, p. 468, p. 474, p. 48, p. 486, p. 512, p. 515, p. 524, p. 54, p. 57, p. 572, p. 597, p. 604, p. 64, p. 655, p. 71, p. 72, p. 72, p. 73, p. 79, p. 80, p. 90, p. 95.
- The Gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orome, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 610.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 288.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url , p. 1137, p. 1166, p. 1392.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 105, p. 113, p. 115, p. 149, p. 151, p. 161, p. 168, p. 176, p. 196, p. 207, p. 228, p. 260, p. 263, p. 269, p. 272, p. 275, p. 305, p. 34, p. 347, p. 35, p. 438, p. 444, p. 444, p. 468, p. 487, p. 57, p. 65, p. 694, p. 704, p. 74, p. 742, p. 747, p. 754, p. 756, p. 80, p. 811, p. 84, p. 86, p. 91.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 40 1980 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 242, p. 317, p. 398, p. 41.
- The Horticulturist and journal of rural art and rural taste. Albany, N.Y.: Luther Tucker, 1846-1875. url p. 237, p. 332.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 412, p. 412, p. 439.
- The Journal of the Department of Agriculture, Victoria. [Melbourne]:Dept. of Agriculture, Victoria, 1902-1955. url p. 608.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 33 1897-1898 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 218.
- The Leguminosae of Illinois. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1953. url p. 87.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 138.
- The New England farmer. Boston, Mass.: J. Nourse, 1848-1871. url p. 250.
- The North American Pyrenomycetes. A contribution to mycologic botany, Newfield, N. J., Ellis & Everhart, 1892 [c1890] url .
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 131, p. 399.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 218, p. 247, p. 369.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url , p. 1093, p. 1116, p. 37, p. 506.
- The Victoria history of the county of Kent; ed. by William Page. London, Constable, 1908- url p. 54.
- The agriculturist's manual: being a familiar description of the agricultural plants cultivated in Europe: including practical observations respecting those suited to the climate of Great Britain and forming a report of Lawson's by Peter Lawson & Son. Edinburgh: William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh: Thomas Cadell, 141 Strand, London; and W. Curry Jun. & Co., Dublin, 1836. url p. 178.
- The book of climbing plants and wall shrubs, by S. Arnott. London, J. Lane, 1903 [pub. 1902] url p. 34, p. 34.
- The book of hardy flowers; a simple and complete descriptive guide to the cultivation in gardens of the trees and shrubs, perennial and annual flowers, that are hardy, or are suitable for planting out-of-doors in summer in temp Ed. by H. H. Thomas. .. Beautifully illustrated with thirty-two direct color photographs by H. Essenhigh Corke and sixty-four half-tone plates. 1915 New York, Funk & Wagnalls company; [etc., etc.] url p. 249, p. 324.
- The botany of crop plants: a text and reference book. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son, [c1917] url .
- The botany of crop plants; a text and reference book, by Wilfred W. Robbins. .. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1917] url p. 432.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 229, p. 229.
- The complete home landscape, by Arthur J. Jennings, in collaboration with Leonard H. Johnson. New York, A. T. De La Mare, 1924. url p. 145, p. 159, p. 164.
- The differentiation and specificity of starches in relation to genera, species, etc.; stereochemistry applied to protoplasmic processes and products, and as a strictly scientific basis for the classification of plants and animals Washington, D.C.Carnegie institution of Washington1913 url p. 395, p. 398, p. 401.
- The encyclopedia of gardening. A dictionary of cultivated plants, etc., giving in alphabetical sequence the culture and propagation of hardy and half-hardy plants, trees and shrubs, orchids, ferns, fruit, vegetables, hothouse and g London, W. H. & L. Collingridge url .
- The farmer's and planter's encyclopaedia of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, suited to the comprehension of unscientific readers. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. With extensive additions adapting the work to the United States. .. By Gouverneur Emerson. .. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1868. url p. 702.
- The farmer's and the planter's encyclopædia of rural affairs; Philadelphia, Lippincott, Grambo & co., 1851. url p. 702.
- The farmer's encyclopædia, and dictionary of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry. Adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers. .. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. Adapted to the United States by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 448.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 80.
- The florist's guide, New York, For sale by the author; Boston, J. Breck & co.; [etc., etc.]1844. url p. 32.
- The florist's guide; containing practical directions for the cultivation of annual, biennial, and perennial flowering plants, of different classes, herbaceous and shrubby, bulbous, fibrous, and tuberous-rooted; including By Thomas Bridgeman. New York, For sale by the author, 1845. url p. 32.
- The flower garden; or, Breck's book of flowers; in which are described all the various hardy herbaceous perennials, annuals, shrubby plants, and evergreen trees, desirable for ornamental purposes, with directions for t by Joseph Breck. New York: A. O. Moore, 1859. url p. 128.
- The flower-garden: or, Breck's book of flowers; in which are described all the various hardy herbaceous perennials, annuals, shrubby plants, and evergreen trees, desirable for ornamental purposes, with directions for th by Joseph Breck. Boston: J. P. Jewett & company, 1851. url p. 128.
- The garden at home, by H. H. Thomas. .. with 12 full-page plates from photographs in natural colours and 96 half-tone illustrations. London, New York [etc.]Cassell and company, ltd., 1912. url p. 273, p. 41.
- The garden bluebook; a manual of the perennial garden, by Leicester Bodine Holland. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday,  url p. 135, p. 136, p. 231, p. 232.
- The garden month by month; describing the appearance, color, dates of bloom, height and cultivation of all desirable hardy herbaceous perennials for the formal or wild garden, with additional lists of aquatics, vi Garden City, N.Y., Garden City publishing company, inc.[c1907]. url .
- The garden... London, 1872- url p. 154, p. 95.
- The garden: New York, Fowler and Wells, 1858 url p. 153.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 610.
- The gardens, poultry, and bees; embracing Auburn, N. Y., The Auburn Publishing Company [c1859] url .
- The geography of plants. .. London, American Sunday-School Union;[1850?] url p. 32.
- The hardy flower book, by E. H. Jenkins, ed. by F. W. Harvey. London, C. Scribner's sons url p. 104, p. 136.
- The kitchen and fruit gardener: a select manual of kitchen gardening, and culture of fruits, containing familiar directions for the most approved practice in each department. Descriptions of many valuable fruits, and a calendar of w Philadelphia: Lea and Blanchard, 1844. url p. 105.
- The life of John Duncan Scotch weaver and botanist: with sketches of his friends and notices of the times / by William Jolly. London: Kegan Paul, Trench and Co., 1883. url p. 514.
- The life of the weevil, New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1922. url .
- The life of the weevil, by J. Henri Fabre; tr. by Alexander Teixeira de Mattos. .. New York: Dodd, Mead and Company, 1922. url p. 253.
- The names of herbes, A.D. 1548. Edited, with an introd., an index of English names, and an indentification of the plants enumerated by Turner, LondonPublished for the English Dialect Society by N. Trübner1881 url p. 129.
- The native flora of the vicinity of Cold Spring Harbor, L.I., New York. n.p., 1925 url p. 170.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne, in the county of Southampton / by the Rev. Gilbert White London: Swan Sonnenschein, 1888 url .
- The natural history of Selborne: with a naturalist's calendar and additional observations. / by Gilbert White; with a preface by Richard Jefferies. London: W. Scott, 1887. url p. 300.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The new American gardener, containing practical directions on the culture of fruits and vegetables; including landscape and ornamental gardening, grape-vines, silk, strawberries, &c. &c. Boston: Otis, Broaders, 1847. url p. 124.
- The new botanic garden, illustrated with one hundred and thirty-three plants, engraved by Sansom, from the original pictures, and coloured with the greatest exactness from drawings by Sydenham Edwards... London, J. Stockdale, 1812. url p. 263.
- The practical garden-book, containing the simplest directions for the growing of the commonest things about the house and garden, by C. E. Hunn and L. H. Bailey. New York: Grosset & Dunlap, 1906 [c1898] url p. 167.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1467, p. 1825, p. 1826, p. 2706.
- The student's flora of the British Islands / by J.D. Hooker. London: Macmillan, 1884. url p. 530.
- The students' flora of New Zealand and the outlying islands. Wellington, N. Z., John Mackay, govt. printer url .
- The subtropical garden, or, Beauty of form in the flower garden / by W. Robinson London: J. Murray, 1879 url p. 232.
- The subtropical garden: or, Beauty of form in the flower garden / by W. Robinson. London: J. Murray, 1891. url p. 232.
- The tourist's flora: a descriptive catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of the British Islands, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and the Italian islands / London: Reeve and Benham, 1850. url p. 107.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 187.
- The weeds, poison plants, and naturalized aliens of Victoria. Melbourne, J. Kemp, Government Printer1909. url .
- The weekly florists' review. Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co., 1897-1912. url p. 191.
- The wild garden; or, Our groves & shrubberies made beautiful. .. London, J. Murray, 1870. url , .
- The wild garden; or, Our groves and gardens made beautiful by the naturalisation of hardy exotic plants. .. London, J. Murray;1883. url .
- The young gardener's assistant, in three parts, containing catalogues of garden and flower seeds, with practical directions under each head for the cultivation of culinary vegetables and flowers; also, direction for cultivating frui New ed., with an appendix, containing remarks on the alleged disease of the potato, etc. By Thomas Bridgeman. New York: The author, 1847. url p. 32.
- The young gardener's assistant: containing a catalogue of garden and flower seeds, with practical directions under each head for the cultivation of culinary vegetables and flowers. New York, Printed by Booth & Smith, 1833. url p. 120.
- Thirty-eight plates, with explanations, intended to illustrate Linnaeus's System of vegetables, and particularly adapted to the Letters on the elements of botany [by J.J. Rousseau] By Thomas Martyn. London, B. and J. White, 1794. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 28.
- Tracts relative to botany, tr. from different languages. Illustrated by nine copper plates, and occasional remarks. London, Printed by Phillips and Fardon [etc.]1805. url p. 45.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 27, p. 356.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. 25 1926 [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 124, p. 186, p. 186, p. 186, p. 251, p. 262, p. 262, p. 262.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 327, p. 328.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 146, p. 176.
- Transactions of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society. [S.l.: s.n.], 1843-1920. url , p. 122, p. 135, p. 224, p. 270, p. 5.
- Trees, shrubs and vines of the northeastern United States. .. together with an account of the principal foreign hardy trees, shrubs and vines cultivated in our country, and found in Central Park, New York City by H.E. Parkhurst. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1903. url p. 441.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 10, p. 51.
- Vegetable organography; or, An analytical description of the organs of plants. Translated by Boughton Kingdon. LondonHoulston & Stoneman1841 url p. 121, p. 69.
- Vegetable teratology, an account of the principal deviations from the usual construction of plants, Maxwell T. Masters. .. With numerous illus. by E. M. Williams. London, Published for the Ray Society by R. Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 262.
- Villa gardening: a handbook for amateur and practical gardeners / by Edward Hobday. London; MacMillan, 1887. url p. 88.
- Vines and how to grow them: a manual of climbing plants for flower, foliage and fruit effects, both ornamental and useful, including those shrubs and similar forms that may be used as vines / Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, Page & Company, [c1911] url .
- Vines and how to grow them; a manual of climbing plants for flower, foliage and fruit effects, both ornamental and useful, including those shrubs and similar forms that may be used as vines. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & company, 1911. url p. 280, p. 283, p. 88.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- Cristofolini G & Feoli L 1991/1993 (from ILDIS).
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed December 24, 2006. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 34 providers.
- ILDIS World Database of Legumes. Release date: May 1, 2007
- ILDIS World Database of LegumesNov 10, 2005.
- Light, Kris. East Tennessee Wildflowers
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 28, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 14, 2007:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien, Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien
- GBIF-Spain, Departamento de Biolog. Veg. II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid: MAF
- International Plant Genetic Resources Institute(IPGRI), EURISCO
- International Plant Genetic Resources Institute(IPGRI), The System-wide Information Network for Genetic Resources
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- SysTax, Herbarium Universitat Ulm
- SysTax, Justus-Liebig-Universitat Giessen
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum, Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum
- US National Plant Germplasm System, United States National Plant Germplasm System Collection
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2650621
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-5260
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 5376337
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:110132-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 21580
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 25856
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDFAB250G0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: LALA4
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 45350
- "Lathyrus". in Flora of Pakistan Page 275. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 150.930 meters (495.177 feet), Standard Deviation = 171.210 based on 4,546 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]